J Jonathanmeizlik 9 followers More information Old Pennies Worth Money Valuable Pennies Rare Pennies A 1960 penny is worth $2 to $22 or more. This coin had a doubled "D" mint mark thats easily visible. Source: USA CoinBook These pennies are large, with a diameter of 24 mm and a weight of 4.48 gm. A 1960 penny is worth $2 to $22 or more. Of course, they're worth more if they're in better condition, and all circulating coins tend to have a lot of wear and tear. Proof coins with no mint mark are available and they are each valued at around $3 in PR-65RD condition. I have a penny that is missing the last digit of the year, it shows 195, the back the us Unum is missing and the E on one is half there. Due to the use of a proof die on regular coins, the 1998 wide AM was born. TOP 5 1960's Lincoln Pennies Worth A Fortune - Only 1 Known Of Each Date! In fact, only 852,500 were originally minted, and only a small fraction of 1877 pennies from the original mintage remain today. Thank-you. While the two most valuable coins on this list are coincidentally the rarest (between 20 and 40 specimens each of the 1943 bronze cent and 1944 steel cent are thought to exist), the order of which coins are most valuable doesnt necessarily correspond with the order of rarity. Also, click here to Learn About Grading Coins. These are the most valuable pennies in circulation.And they are worth a pretty penny if you find them. This bar owner had . Note: The mints in Charlotte and Dahlonega only produce gold coins. This page is a work in progress, share to social media and check back later for updates. The mints made quite a few of these coins, so most specimens that you'd find in circulation are worth very little. So deciding whom to sell your coins to may seem confusing, even overwhelming. The least desirable variety is a large date, valued at . This rare penny is pulling in values of up to $500 in mint state condition, and with almost 4.5 billion pennies produced at the Denver Mint in 1992, there's a good chance that these are still in circulation. 1935. USA Coin Book has compiled a list of the most valuable US pennies ever known. By the end of the 1950s, they had become a hot coin collector item and remain so to this day. The latest auction bid for MS67 RD 1992 close AM reverse penny was $24,056 on July 30 on eBay, whereas the highest was $25,850 for MS67 RD in 2017 at Heritage Auctions. Don't be the last to know about the latest deals and new product arrivals. If a 1999 penny has a large space between the A and the M, and it's in amazing condition, odds are good it's one of the most valuable pennies still in circulation. They should able to aptly serve you should the time come that you want to buy 1960s quarters or other old coins. 1943 Steel Penny Value: How Much is it Worth Today? Or, share your details with us; wed be more than happy to help! Even though its mintage is unknown, its value tells me that they are probably fairly common. In BN condition, the auction record is $4,080 for an MS67 coin, and in RB condition, the record is $8,400 for MS66 grade. I have31982d small date copper pennies how do I get them graded. The closed 3 is especially rare because only a tad more than 1 million 1873 cents of this variety were made, whereas about 11 million open 3 cents were made. Change coin. The current copper melt value for each penny is about $0.02. Keep coin roll hunting and always remember you can find rare coins without going to a coin dealer or coin shop and spending money! https://www.couchcollectibles.comPO BOX 16104Ludlow, KY 41016___TWITTER: http://www.twitter.com/couchcollectINSTAGRAM: http://www.instagram.com/couchcollectiblesFACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/couchcollectibles/CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/JCouch ___Welcome to Couch Collectibles formerly known as Couch Coins! In 1999, with the introduction of the 50 State Quarters program, the effigy of the 1st president was slightly altered but remained in use. OK, we'll admit it. This type of penny is worth about $15 in mint state condition. These are some of the most valuable pennies from the 1960's and super rare pennies worth money. I have a 1860 copper nickel with a lot of were can I still sell it, I have a 1943 copper penny how do I getting contact, I have a 1949 Pluribus unum penny it says one cent on the back and it looks a lot like the pennys on this website but its a different year, I have a 1960 D penny how much is it worth, I have a Indian head one cent 1877 as from the mint I live in Singapore my hand phone is + 6593806076 ,what price can get if sold, I have a 1969 silver d penny ..I cant find anything about it maybe you know. Type: Lincoln Penny. The 1958 Doubled-Die Obverse penny is one of the rarest pennies ever made. I found what looks to be about an 1826 or 1828 liberty head penny? Which Old Pennies Are The Most Valuable? $14.00 + $1.99 shipping. U.S. coin David Sacks / Getty Images Most pennies are worth 1 cent, but to coin collectors, some are worth more than their weight in gold. Coin Chart: Tap a '+' sign to expand further coin details. Please take note that US valuable pennies are not limited to these 25 pennies. Confirm date and mint combination. These cents were minted at the Philadelphia Mint, and the total mint number was 11,056. 21. r/woodworking 1 mo. The value of a penny depends on how many were minted, the state of preservation, the grade, and the size of the date (in the case of the 1960 penny). Another double-died error can be found on the 1984 Lincoln Memorial Cent. I have four nickels 1964 D mint marks on them all those are each two hundred dollars right. Picture Information . In addition, we are NOT factoring in the prices for Proof versions of these pennies (unless the Proof version is an error coin or an unusual variety). 1916 S Wheat Penny. I'm sharing this collecting experience with others through educational videos on YouTube. Minted in Denver, USA Coin Book estimated the value of this rare 1914 penny at $278 in average condition and over $3,000 in uncirculated mint condition. Some of the precious pennies might have shown limited circulation in the market lately, making them less interesting than those constantly being auctioned. 1960-1964 Washington Quarters One of the first rules of looking for coins worth more than face value in circulation is to search for silver coins. This happened during the transition from silver to a copper-nickel clad metal alloy. I have some pennies that are defects for sure.i was wondering if you or someone can help me out. Uncirculated with noticeable defects (e.g. Read on! (Price Chart). Perhaps 15,000 to 20,000 plain 1922 Lincoln Cents were made, but nobody knows the exact number of examples that were made, let alone how many remain to this day. ellenkodz1@gmail.com on September 13, 2019: If I had one of those coins where do you turn it in for value? These coins are all worth much more than face value, no matter how worn or damaged they may be. For instance, Denver only minted seven of the 1944 steel pennies, making it the second rarest mint mark out of all three mints. Affiliations with prestigious industry organizations like the National Coin & Bullion Association, National Inflation Association, and American Numismatic Association are also great signs. Collectors prize a coin with a story, dont they? But there are several valuable pennies worth money, much more than just a few cents apiece. So, beware while buying these. 1969-S doubled die penny is one of the rarest Lincoln cents. View the average prices of certified 1 cent 1960 sold at auctions . The highest record was $5,053 in 2017 for MS69 RD, and the latest record was $2,400 in February 2022 for an NGC-graded MS69 penny. Total Weight: 3.11 grams. Some of these one cent coins are worth hundreds! 1922 Silver Dollar Value: How Much Is It Worth Today? Visitors can click on the links in the list below to view larger images of both sides of the coins (mint mark locations, error/variety diagnosis, etc), detailed pricing data for various conditions/grades of the coins, mintage figures, metal composition, history and other encyclopedic information regarding each individual coin. I found 2 trash cans in my grandfathers barn full of wheat pennies. I found a 1938 wheat penny reverse on July 06, 2019: I have a 1944 wheat penny with no mint. Where do I sell them if they worth something? San Francisco is known to have only produced five of the 1943 bronze/copper pennies, making them especially rare, but some experts have been willing to note that there may be more in existence. In lower grades, such as in MS63, 1972 doubled die Lincoln pennies in both the RD and BN are worth around $350, whereas in higher grades RD version demands significantly more attention and value. If you happen to come across an uncirculated 1960 penny, it will likely go for around $2.50 or more. More like this. Though it was long-overlooked for being a "modern" penny and is still far less popular than the 1909-S over horizontal S penny, this penny has finally earned a bit of recognition. Take, for instance, the popular 1909-S VDB Lincoln cent. Also, click here to Learn About Grading Coins. COINS GUIDE BOOK - https://amzn.to/2MQCMf7CHERRYPICKER'S GUIDE VOLUME 1 (DIGITAL VERSION) - https://amzn.to/37w7lyxCHERRYPICKER'S GUIDE VOLUME 2 (DIGITAL VERSION) - https://amzn.to/2FgJZ3TSTRIKE IT RICH W/POCKET CHANGE - https://amzn.to/2Hq9AtLBeautiful Gold for Sale: http://amzn.to/1UM5eZdSilver Bullion for Sale: http://amzn.to/1ZJ9tsPClassic Coins for Sale: http://amzn.to/28vp0m1 Is it worth anything? I'm from Philippines, I have a 1994 penny in liberty the l an iare together. The auction record for an MS68 RD 1983 double die reverse is $7,050, made at Heritage Auctions in 2017. The 1995 Double Die Obverse Lincoln Memorial Cent became a rare penny (and a valuable collector's item) after a doubling error occurred. A big mistake many people make is selling their silver coins to pawn shops. 1914 Lincoln pennies minted at the Denver Mint rightfully command higher prices given the scarcity. . Due to the melt value of their silver content, these are all worth around $4 to $5 each and up when silver prices are over $20 an ounce. Certain Quarters From 1970 Are Worth a Ton of Money Now. Now, without any further bluffs, lets dive deep into our list! While the front of the 1983 Lincoln Memorial Cent looks perfectly ordinary, the back might have a particularly lucrative error. Circulated pennies of this type can pull $1015, but uncirculated versions can be worth upward of $60. Sure, you won't strike it rich if you do find one, but with some reaching $500 in value, you'll be glad you took a minute to glance at your pocket change! or Brilliant Uncirculated (BU). The 1958 Doubled-Die Obverse penny is one of the rarest pennies ever made. Struck by William of Gloucester, for Henry III . The 1960 D version of the Lincoln Penny is worth on average $10.00 if in Mint State (uncirculated), while one in poor condition will have a value of just $0.01 . Just worn?? The 1955 Doubled-Die Obverse (DDO) Penny is one of the most famous examples of design doubling on coinage. We have discounted proof coins, error coins, as well as any special strikes, to create a clean list of pennies you have a higher probability of finding from the current pool of circulating United States currency. Of all the 1943 copper pennies, only one Denver-minted copper cent is believed to exist, making it one of the rarest U.S. coins to date. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 1950's 1960's lot of 25 coins 90% Silver Washington Quarters EUC min circulated at the best online prices at eBay! Yet Americans like the shiny copper ( though not much copper) coins. Why so few? I'm an trying to determine the value of a sealed plastic case which bear the identity "Double Minted COLLECTION" and contains 6 coins (all circulated) 1) 1916 Mercury Silver Dime 2) 1916 Barber Silver Dime 3) 1938 Jefferson Nickel 4) 1938 Buffalo Nickel 5)1909 Indian Penny 6)1909 Lincoln Wheat Penny. Those are the differences between a 1960 Large Date and 1960 Small Date penny! This rare penny is pulling in values of up to $500 in mint state condition, and with almost 4.5 billion pennies produced at the Denver Mint in 1992, there's a good chance that these are still in circulation. Whether it's a 1960 Washington quarter or a 1967 Washington quarter or otherwise, these include: *Earlier issues such as the 1934 doubled die, 1937 doubled die, and 1943-S doubled die are even more valuable than any 1960's quarters on our list. About Uncirculated (AU-50) and MS63 in BN are estimated at $32 and $210, respectively. If the coin in question is the rare variety, the A and M will be so close to each other it will look as if they are touching. Why? 1943. It is, in fact, considered one of the strongest doubled die coins in the entire Lincoln penny series. I have a 1994 d with an imprint of a crooked chain on the head side. Answer (1 of 20): There is a long story/description of the US 1960 Lincoln pennies. 1,250 tonnes of 'cartwheels' were struck at the Soho Works between 1797 and 1799, but all were dated 1797 regardless of issue . This very first penny was only minted for the one year, in 1787. What follows are the 11 through 25th most valuable pennies: 1917 doubled die Lincoln Wheat Penny, $1,350, 1972 doubled die obverse Lincoln Memorial penny, $290, 1909-S/S over horizontal S Lincoln Wheat Penny, $275. If you have a rare variety, it will have a small space between the letters A and M in "AMERICA.". The penny was originally minted in silver, but from the late 18th century it was minted in . All Rights Reserved. This coin is believed to have been a test piece and was auctioned for $446,500 at the 2015 Heritage Auction. I have a 1958 wheat penny. The authenitification certificate is on the rear. Year: 1960 Mint: D Type: Lincoln Penny Mintage: 1,580,884,000 This causes the coin's design to overlap slightly. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. 7. Free shipping. It was originally intended as a one-year commemorative, but ended up becoming a permanent coin series. . Finally, in premium RD condition, even an MS65+ graded penny was sold for $114,000 in 2018 at the Heritage Auction. SEALED Box Of Pennies 50 Bank Rolls Find Wheats Copper More $25 Face Value. First step in the value process is identifying the correct variety of 1940 penny. If the coin has an error, or is certified this will further add to the appeal and raise it's price numismatically speaking. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); 1792 Judd-1 Silver penny Center Cent $2,520,000, 1793 Chain Ameri. Sure, there's not an overwhelming populous of coin collectors, but I can almost guarantee that they've removed virtually all these coins from circulation. This is the latest Lincoln penny error that the U.S. Mint produced. As youll soon find out, determining the value of your 1960 penny may take a little work, as, Story Behind 1960 Small Date & Large Date Pennies, Old Copper Pennies: Which Ones To Save & What Theyre Worth, 5 Rare Coins Youll Find In The Lincoln Memorial Cent Series, A List Of 43 U.S. Pennies Worth Holding On To, Lincoln Cents: See How U.S. Penny Values Have Changed Over 15 Years, 1995 Penny Value: See How Much Your 1995 Pennies Are Worth (Including The 1995 Penny Error / 1995 Double Die Penny!). In addition to the doubling of wording, the date and "S" mint mark are also doubled. Did you happen to find a 1960s quarter you can readily tell is worth more than its face value? Whatever the origin of the 1943 copper pennies, they are considered by the Professional Coin Grading Service to be the most desirable and valuable of all Mint errors and are highly sought-after by U.S. coin collectors. I have this 1999 penny but its a strange color, I just bought a bunch of pennies I wonder if I made a dumb buy or if they are actually worth something! Im a member of the American Numismatic Association (ANA) and the Numismatic Literary Guild (NLG) and have won multiple awards from the NLG for my work as a coin journalist. Because not many of these pennies were minted, proof coins of either variety are valuable. I came across a 1995 D Lincoln penny. For example, a 1914-D penny was minted in 1914 in Denver. One is 1941 in really good condition, and the the other is so old that I cant read the year. Indian Head pennies from the 1870s can be worth $1,000 or more, and pennies from 1909 issued in San Francisco can fetch around $2,000 if they . Images pinpoint location of mint marks and descriptions highlight differences. on July 31, 2019: I have a penny with a knife stuck in Lincoln head. Year. This is a rare doubled die penny from 1955. Estimated coin prices and values in our database are updated twice per year. Very good. The tube has "5" on one end, I assume this means 5c for nickels, and "M.MEGHRIG & SONS" on the other end. The highest bid for BN was $54,625 for an AU55 grade 1969-S doubled die penny, whereas the latest auction price for an MS63 graded coin was $37,200 in October 2019. Youll want to choose a coin dealer who has many years of expertise to their name. (Coins from the latter year are better known to collectors.) Wondering how to tell the difference between a 1960 Large Date penny and a 1960 Small Date penny? 1873 doubled Liberty closed 3 Indian Head penny, $2,400 Another doubled die cent, this piece features doubling in the word LIBERTY. The official mintage for the 1922 small cent is 1,243,635 and they are tough to find. Ihave a 1914 wheat penny, no mint mark. Despite the relatively high circulation of almost 100,000 units, most of the production was melted down, so only a handful of units remain in good condition - which are highly sought after by wealthy 25-c coin collectors. Whom do I send it to. If you ever come across one of these rare pennies, don't use it on a parking meter. Collectibles come and go. And these, too, havent been in the auction market since 2009. This is especially true for high quality uncirculated coins that earn a mint state grade. 1909-S VDB Lincoln Pennies were minted in limited numbers in the San Fransisco mint, after which the VDB initials were removed entirely from the coin. Note: While San Francisco is still an operational mint, it no longer manufactures circulating coins.