PAY ATTENTION: Help us change more lives, join TUKO.co.kes Patreon programme. A certain song comes on the radio, or I need help on the farm and hes not there, said Chonda, who lives with her son, Zachary, now 26. Their mother, Virginia, passed away in 2012. This time, he went to Discovery Place, a mens rehab in Burns, Tenn. Her daughter is Chera Kay Pierce, while her son is David Zachary. Pierce, 59, is a preacher's daughter whose strict upbringing strongly discouraged profanity. Meet Ice-T's daughter, Letesha Marrow: Who is her mother? (function() { But I also feel grateful that what I do for a living, even just sharing a laugh for people, you get to see how much it pulled them out of dark. Charlotta died because of a head-on collision in 1976. From there, Pierce turned her gift of storytelling into a successful comedic career, selling more comic albums than any other female comedian. Additionally, Pierce felt that her depression highlighted a weakness in her faith, where she questioned why God was forcing her to suffer. Oh, God, why have you forsaken me?. She died 21 days later. She had appearances in many homecoming recordings of the Gaithers. The things that I used to love to do walking or hobbies brought no real joy to me at all. Her name is in the limelight because of her mother, Chonda Pierce. Reach Brad Schmitt at 615-259-8384 or on Twitter @bradschmitt. Id be a great Christian, if it wasnt for me, she said. And I dont know why we forget that.. The story of Kenny Chesney's New Wife. He had this beautiful, unconditional love. And she is sharing her story with others in order to deliver a message to the world: The spiritual path out of depression is to realize that not only is Gods love for us unconditional, but that we also must love God unconditionally, no matter what adversity we face. This is what lead to her becoming a well-known Christian. The patients were standing on the porch. Happy Birthday to my daughter. He was a state wrestling champion and also played the guitar. Chonda Pierce: Girl Talk. Cheras relationship with her brother is unclear after she cut contact with her parents. This article about an American comedian is a stub. Chonda raised two children in Los Angeles ( Source : facebook ) Chonda Pierce daughter Chera Pierce Meredith is a kids games developer at So Peculiar. I had lost both sisters by the time I was 18. FOX411:You have gone through a lot of tragedy in life. } While growing up, she was looked at as a preacher's daughter, conversing with the hellfire preaching with wooden pews. If there is a darkness, if there is a Devil, whats in his tool bag? If you have an article that you think would be a good fit for our website, please review our submission guidelines below and send it to us for review. Here is a look at what is available about her. The last thing that the dark wants is for you to have chemo -- because he doesnt want the possibility of you getting healed from cancer. We will always love you. In October 2015, Pierce took her humor to the big screen with her first film Chonda Pierce: Laughing In The Dark, based on her personal struggle to overcome depression. Chonda, a beloved Christian comedian, always has shared intimate parts of her life with millions of fans at concerts and through recordings. As the RIAAs best-selling female comedian, her hilarious take on life is easily relatable as she publicly opens up to her listeners about times of darkness and depression in her own life, drawing humor and good from every situation. She cheered his occasional sobriety, stayed away when he started drinking again. Lets redeem that. 185.120.79.100 I think he really dwells with us. Find a doctor. Besides, I can use the sleep!. So the darks job is to keep you from thinking that., And the dark will do anything to keep you in the dark., Pierce explained how this relates to depression. She co-hosted the GMA Dove Awards in 2012 and appeared on Entertainment Tonight, The View, Fox News Channel, and And Wanda Sykes,. In addition to her 10 successful albums to date, she has also authored eight books, most recently Laughing In The Dark (Simon&Schuster/Howard), the inspiration for her upcoming film, and appears at venues big and small throughout the United States making audiences laugh with her ability to find the positivity in any situation. Chonda and David met when both were sophomores at Cheatham County High School. And I think thats one of the things that deters our healing and also makes us isolate even more, she explained. and her estranged relationship with her daughter. She is the thirdborn of four siblings. event : evt, No matter where you are and whatever you do. Chonda Pierce is a singer, a television host, author, and a Christian. Previous image. Theres nothing physically wrong. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. Pierces material resonated with people from all walks of life, and she credits her southern upbringing both for her warped sense of humor and her solid roots. How come I have to walk this journey? Tell somebody youre sorry. Chondas husband was a professor and an alcohol addict. It's just, I think I'm a middle child. If you can identify it, great. So lets fix that. David W. Pierce, Chonda's husband, initially met as a sophomore at Cheatham County High School in Ashland City, Tennessee. Like many people, Pierce felt that her depression reflected a weakness on her part, a personal defect, and she did not seek diagnosis or treatment for fear of being stigmatized. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, So you can't turn around and blame the creator for something that we started. . Knowing what you value will help you build the most meaningful life possible. Chonda, a preacher's kid from Ashland City, grew up hearing that alcohol was evil, and if she drank, she was going to hell in a handbasket. As the daughter grew into an adult, she started to harbor resentments against her parents, including how much time her mom spent on the road, Chonda said. She has also raised several million dollars for international relief organizations Compassion International, WorldVision, Food for the Hungry and Feed The Children. Pierce also experienced something else that she did not anticipate: People were actually seeking her out because of her openness about depression. It didnt affect me as far as questioning whether there is a God, or why is God allowing this? It is impossible to tell where she is now, considering that she cut off all her contact with her mother and family. Get a diagnosis. How old is Chonda Pierce's daughter now? It was supposed to be a utopia that we were supposed to live in and God gave us a choice to love him or not, and I would imagine -- I'm not God -- but the thought process was 'I'm going to create all of this but I want to know that they really love me' and so he gave us free will and in that free will we make the choice to believe or not. And the social isolation can then result in worsening depression. Her father was a preacher. She has appeared in several of the Gaither Homecoming recordings and she wrote about her struggle with depression in Laughing in the Dark: A Comedian's Journey Through Depression (.mw-parser-output cite.citation{font-style:inherit;word-wrap:break-word}.mw-parser-output .citation q{quotes:"\"""\"""'""'"}.mw-parser-output .citation:target{background-color:rgba(0,127,255,0.133)}.mw-parser-output .id-lock-free a,.mw-parser-output .citation .cs1-lock-free a{background:url("//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/65/Lock-green.svg")right 0.1em center/9px no-repeat}.mw-parser-output .id-lock-limited a,.mw-parser-output .id-lock-registration a,.mw-parser-output .citation .cs1-lock-limited a,.mw-parser-output .citation .cs1-lock-registration a{background:url("//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d6/Lock-gray-alt-2.svg")right 0.1em center/9px no-repeat}.mw-parser-output .id-lock-subscription a,.mw-parser-output .citation .cs1-lock-subscription a{background:url("//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/aa/Lock-red-alt-2.svg")right 0.1em center/9px no-repeat}.mw-parser-output .cs1-ws-icon a{background:url("//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4c/Wikisource-logo.svg")right 0.1em center/12px no-repeat}.mw-parser-output .cs1-code{color:inherit;background:inherit;border:none;padding:inherit}.mw-parser-output .cs1-hidden-error{display:none;color:#d33}.mw-parser-output .cs1-visible-error{color:#d33}.mw-parser-output .cs1-maint{display:none;color:#3a3;margin-left:0.3em}.mw-parser-output .cs1-format{font-size:95%}.mw-parser-output .cs1-kern-left{padding-left:0.2em}.mw-parser-output .cs1-kern-right{padding-right:0.2em}.mw-parser-output .citation .mw-selflink{font-weight:inherit}ISBN1-58229-641-3). Through this experience, Pierce realized that many people in her community were also ashamed of being depressed and feared that seeking help would divulge the fractures in their relationships with God. Chonda Pierce: Laughing In The Dark opened October 27, 2015 at 500 theaters throughout the country for a one-night special event and was so incredibly popular, it returned to nearly 800 theatres for an additional one-night encore showing. But the thing that started weakening my faith a little bit is that it took so long for healing to kick in. Whatever that vice is thats probably not healthy for you, you have to change it. She wrote on how she struggled with depression when she was younger in the book Laughing in the Dark: A Comedian's Journey Through Depression. That keeps me going and lets me know that he's not out to get me, he's not trying to pick on me. That teaches me that he doesn't leave us empty handed. It was hard on her parents. Entertaining. There is always darkness at work in the world. There are so many that I think are so funny but I wouldn't take my kids to see them and I wouldn't want to sit and listen to them for an hour. During Davids last year alive, Chonda remembers good and bad weekends. Pierce is quick to point out that she encourages people to question their faith as she did including whether they are guilty of sin that may be contributing to depression. Press Esc to cancel. Pierce got her start working at Opryland Theme Park in Nashville where she performed as Grand Ole Opry star Minnie Pearl. In his last conversation, David looked at his wife: I messed up, hun., He said, I love you and he said he was sorry. They had me because I was speaking about something that needed to be heard. Pierce is looking forward to continuing her work. She spoke to FOX411 about her journey to faith and why comedians should stop relying on vulgarity to make people laugh. Thats the beginning of the path of healing.. Pierce is fresh off an incredible year after debuting her movie Chonda Pierce: Laughing In The Dark, to rave reviews from audiences and critics alike. When she eventually came of age, she got married and cut off all contact with her parents and family. The film topped charts and competed with some of the years biggest films. Emmy-nominated comedienne Chonda . I am crazy in love with God. What is the nationality of Chonda Pierce's daughter? And then at the same time there were pockets of people and places and things and conventions and conferences that did have me. In Christianity, we work very hard in an evangelistic way to convince people that God loves them unconditionally. These events in part fueled Pierce's bout with severe depression, . She is also a member of several reputed organizations related to comedy. Loretta . listeners: [], FOX411: How do you feel about the state of comedy today. The information about Cheras career is not available as she and her family did not reveal the same in the media. On the other hand, her mother lives with her son Zachary and entirely focuses on other aspects of her life. The two dated on an off, and shortly after college, they got married. It's a great movie for your whole family. Type above and press Enter to search. Moreover, she has additionally wrote eight books, including 'Giggling In The Dark'. Many people with depression then begin to lose motivation to engage in basic life behaviors, such as getting up in the morning, healthy eating and exercise.