Next, add the cubed potatoes to the bowl. In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown ground beef along with the onions and garlic until thoroughly cooked. I love the two "yums up!". Roll out one tube of crescent rolls and place on the bottom of prepared pan. When the meat is about halfway cooked, season with salt and pepper and add in mushrooms, chop the mushrooms, and cook for a couple of minutes. Find all of our dinner recipes here, or see a few of our fan favorites below. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Add the soup mixture to the ground beef, cover, and simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes. This creates a creamy, custard layer that binds everything together. What should I make for dinner tonight? You can add diced onions or green peppers if youd like, or even add different cream soups to the mix. Anyway, back to the recipe Preheat your oven to 350F. Directions. Drain any fat. This recipe looks yummy! Pour off any fat. 1 lb ground beef; 1/2 diced yellow onion; 1 can cream of mushroom soup; 1 can drained green beans; 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese; 28oz bag of frozen tater tots; 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce; salt, pepper and garlic to taste; Start off by browning the ground beef with the chopped onion in a medium size skillet. Step Five: Uncover and add the sliced mushrooms on top of the cooked rice without stirring.Cover the pan again and let stand on low heat for 5 more minutes. 4 to 6 ounces mushrooms, sliced. Most casserole recipes are easy to make, are hearty, and will feed six to eight people. Spray a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray. The Pioneer Woman participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest, Instagram, and TikTok. You can switch up the rice, cheese, or spices depending on what you have handy. Add the can of cream of mushroom and cream of cheddar cheese soup to the bowl. But you can prep the whole pasta bake in advance and freeze it to make weeknights even easier. Add the ground beef and cook, stirring frequently, until the beef is completely browned. 45 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes - Ground Beef Casseroles Every item on this page was chosen by The Pioneer Woman team. Beat eggs with milk, and pour over top the entire casserole. Plus, it's ready in less than an hour! Transfer beef mixture to a 9x13-inch baking dish; layer tater tots evenly on top and sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Add seasonings as desired. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, uncovered. In a pan over medium-high heat or in your Instant Pot using the saut setting brown the ground beef and the onion together for about 5 minutes. Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Beef, onions, pasta, corn, and tomatoes are simmered on the stove until cooked, then poured into a casserole dish and topped with cheese. Every once in a while the photos break and I have to go in and fix them, so thank you for letting me know! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Set mushrooms aside. And let's not forget the layer of melted cheese! Your email address will not be published. Drain any fat. Sign up for my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! If needed, add vegetable oil to same skillet. Only 8 simple ingredients make this recipe come together fast. I haven't done that before, but I think other readers have tried with Velveeta and it worked well. This does not necessarily mean the meat has gone bad, but can reduce the shelf life. The frozen potatoes come out just as delicious. Add frozen corn and peas with half of frozen tater tots, 1 cup of cheese and condensed soups. The other day on Facebook I asked your opinion on classic casseroles. The response was almost unanimousyou love them, but would like to see versions made without as many canned ingredients or cream of soups. Ground Beef and Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipes Tons of delicious ideas! Once it's finished cooking, remove the beef from the pan, discard any grease, and wipe out the skillet. Then, share your comments below andclick here to share a picture of your dinner on the Pinterest Pin! Cream of mushroom soup and other staple ingredients come together for the creamiest casserole ever. That's so great to hear! Add a dash of Worcestershire sauce. "This is truly an old standby that's been in my family for years," Karen Mathis explains from Penfield, New York. I didnt proof before sending. It saves us quite a bit of money over the course of a year and, I love their ground beef. Check out these other canned-soup-free casseroles: King Ranch Chicken Casserole, Creamiest Green Bean Casserole, Cheesy Chicken Vegetable and Rice Casserole, Wild Rice and Vegetable Casserole, and Cheesy Cottage Pie. I'm Megan and I am so happy you are here! If you have other questions that arent covered here, feel free to leave them in the comments below! Use Cheddar cheese for a different taste. I did change some things. Either way, this is one of my childhood comfort foods! Thanks for the recipe! The site may earn a commission on some products. Pour the creamy mushroom sauce, meat mixture into the prepared baking dish. Are you trying to figure out what should you serve with hamburger casserole? Pour over cooked noodles, white or brown rice, mashed potatoes, baked sweet potatoes or even burgers. Questions & Replies Sign In In a large bowl, combine the soup, cheese, mushrooms, pimientos, butter, thyme and salt. Mix with an electric mixer until fully combined. Sprinkle the remainder of the shredded cheese on top and cover with tin foil. In the same skillet, brown the onions until soft. Spoon cream of mushroom soup over pasta; top with beef and vegetable mixture. 2023 The Seasoned Mom. Let me tell you, leftovers did NOT last long. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. If you enjoyed this casserole, I hope that you will take a few minutes to check out a few more of our most popular recipes, loved by millions for a quick and easy meal on a busy night. I will definitely keep this recipe in mind as a way to use up my random leftover veggies because the pasta, sauce/cheese, and mushrooms make it a solid and yummy base to thrown anything in the casserole. Forget about just having potato chips on the side to go with the sloppy joe; crunch right into the chips and pickles as you take your bites of the sandwich. Simmer for about 5-10 minutes. Add the frozen cubed potatoes to the bowl. Drain. Green Bean Casserole Repeat the layers. Place a layer of noodles in the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish. This is a great weeknight dinner, mostly because it's so fun! Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cook pasta at a boil, stirring occasionally, until cooked through yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. In the skillet cook beef, onion and garlic on medium heat until the beef is no longer pink. 20 Birthday Gifts for Friends You Havent Thought of Yet, Do not Sell or Share My Personal Information, 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted, 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained, 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained. In a medium bowl, whisk together the cream of mushroom soup and the milk. Yes, please! The servings may look on the small side volume-wise, but it made me quite full. The color is darker like tomatoes. Stir until combined. Top with some of the sauce, and then repeat the layers two more times. Remove cover, sprinkle fried onions on top, and return to the oven (uncovered) for about 5-8 more minutes. Set aside. Add in shredded cabbage, and cover with a lid. So I swapped out the mushrooms for a green bell pepper, added chili powder, cumin, oregano, and cayenne to the spices, and threw in a 4 oz can of drained green chiles along with everything else in the final mix. Delicious! :), Okay, so maybe I could have cut back on the cheese just a little but nahhhhh. Casseroles are cheesy and/or creamy by nature. Reduce the heat and add the cream of mushroom soup, Velveeta, and milk. This dish is a huge hit around our house and the kids ask for it all the time. There are a few people who have left comments saying that they did freeze it and it turned out well for them. Cooking ground beef in the skillet on top of the stove is an easy and great way to make dinner. That's easy. You can substitute gluten free crackers, and ensure you have gluten free cream of mushroom soup which would be the main ingredients including gluten. Hey, first of all I love your recipes and your website. Place sliced cheese on top. I love to create, problem solve, and learn new things. Instructions. Easy, healthy recipes your family will love! Mix well. Side Dish Ideas One thing I love about this recipe is that you can serve it all on it's own as a complete meal. Easy Chicken Noodle Casserole with Potato Chips, Grandmas Old Fashioned Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe, Butterscotch Sour Cream Pie An Old Fashioned Butterscotch Pie Recipe, Pan Fried Steak and Gravy How to Pan Fry a T-bone Steak, Baileys Milk What To Mix with Baileys Irish Cream, Old Fashioned Chocolate Cobbler Easy Hot Fudge Cake, Chocolate Chip Hershey Kiss Cookies Shortbread Hershey Kiss Cookies, Grandmas Wilted Lettuce Recipe Old Fashioned Wilted Lettuce, Eggplant Goulash Meatless American Goulash Recipe, Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Privacy Policies. Hungry for more family-friendly recipes? Combine the beef and soup in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until smooth. Thank you!!! Add the cheddar cheese. I added various chopped veggies while cooking the beef, onion, and mushrooms to add some colour and nutrients (shredded carrot, zucchini, and peas were good add ins). Add the diced onion, sliced mushrooms, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, about 1/4 tsp salt, and some freshly cracked pepper to the skillet. My family and I have been eating your recipes the last 3 weeks or so. Im a food lover, number cruncher, and meticulous budgeter. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. enhance the flavor in any type of food or dish. Fill a large stock pot with water, and bring to a boil. Instead of cream of mushroom soup, I used sour cream and real mushrooms to give a similar effect. If you can't find it then use regular cream of mushroom soup. I doubled the recipe and added some cut up smoked sausage which had black pepper and cheddar in it. Required fields are marked *, document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a0c8edfda28e6ee901106c1e304b97ee" );document.getElementById("ba2ba0c308").setAttribute( "id", "comment" );Comment *. Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Add chopped green pepper, onion, green onions or carrots that have been sauteed in olive oil or vegetable oil. Preheat oven to 350. Recipes often call for cubed round steak, beef sirloin steak, flank steak and the like. Comment * document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "ab0e3ec2bc09b2957d9f473f83dba443" );document.getElementById("db6cea8004").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. 21 Campbell's Cream Of Mushroom Soup And Ground Beef Recipes Mushroom-Smothered Beef Burgers 40 min Mushroom soup, ground turkey, bread crumbs, worcestershire sauce, egg 4.067 Homemade Hamburger Helper 50 min Mushroom soup, ground beef, egg noodles, milk 5.03 Cheesy Beef Skillet Dinner 40 min Brown beef, onion and garlic until no pink remains. Get the Cheesy Spinach and Beef Casserole recipe at The Dinner Bell. Add ground beef and cook until meat is browned. Bake at 350F until golden brown. Despite the different names, they all have one thing in commontheyre a creamy, beefy, noodley delight! Good idea with the cheese on the leftovers. Stir and cook until hot. Mix tomatoes, tomato sauce, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar into beef and vegetable mixture; season with salt and black pepper. The noodles will finish cooking while the casserole bakes. There are a few key points. Preheat oven to 350. I buy my meat at the Fresh Market on sale days. Serve hot ( Note 10 ), and store any leftovers ( Note 11 ). Mix tomatoes, tomato sauce, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar into beef and vegetable mixture; season with salt and black pepper. Dinner absolutely does not need to be complicated and overwhelming like I thought it did for so long. Read on to find our favorite ground beef casserole dishes! Required fields are marked *. Grease a 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Cook: Cover the crock pot and set it to low. The casserole recipe is pure comfort food. Get the Stuffed Peppers recipe at Once Upon a Chef. Your email address will not be published. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Cheesy Beef and Sweet Potato Taco Casserole, Loaded Mashed Potato and Meatball Casserole, Cheesy Ground Beef and Cauliflower Rice Casserole, 15 Smart Ways to Use Leftover Corned Beef, Reuben Casserole Is for St. Paddy's Day Leftovers, Make This Corned Beef Sandwich for St. Paddy's Day, Corned Beef Is Quick and Tender in an Instant Pot, Corned Beef Hash Is the Ultimate One-Skillet Meal, Get Ready, Meatball Subs Are Coming in Hot, Corned Beef and Cabbage Is Easy in a Slow Cooker, The Difference Between Pastrami vs. Corned Beef, The Best Homemade Sloppy Joes You'll Ever Try, Whip Up This Easy Lasagna for Dinner Tonight, 45 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes That Are Perfect for Dinner. Broad Egg Noodles Pre Cooked Lean Ground Beef Salt and Cracked Black Pepper To Taste Can of Condensed Tomato Soup (not tomato sauce) (10.5 once) Golden Mushroom Soup (not cream of mushroom soup) Whole Milk Worcestershire Sauce Grated Parmesan Cheese. Required fields are marked *. You're going to need a large bowl to mix up this ground beef meal. When meat mixture is finished, add to the rice mixture. Remove the beef mixture from the heat and stir in the sour cream until completely combined. I was able to get all the ingredients at my local Aldis and had plenty for leftovers to eat for lunch at work during the week! Top with the remaining 4oz. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. 1 package frozen tater tots. Mix. The Italian-seasoned ground beef is mixed together with a creamy, cheesy sauce, sun-dried tomatoes, and basil pesto. This little one dish wonder is great to get a meat, veggie and starch all in one dish. With five ingredients, your dinner will be ready in a little more than an hour and you can get to more important things.