When a mysterious young woman named Katie appears in the small North Carolina town of Southport, her sudden arrival raises questions about her past. However, Kevin is waiting for her with a gun. Worth the watch over and over again. Eddison Jones. Its sudsy-scary. An affirming and suspenseful story about a young woman's struggle to find love again after she arrives in a small North Carolina town. She was actually planning to escape for almost a year. Sadly our Shelter Manager Katie, who has worked part time in this position for 2 years, has accepted a new full time position elsewhere. A major reason I wanted to do Safe Haven is because theres no singing or dancing its just dramatic, says Hough, 24. In suburban Boston, a young woman (Julianne Hough) leaves her house after being shown in possession of a bloody knife. I have to say, give the character some depth. It follows the story of a woman who changes her identity and moves to Southport, North Carolina, to escape her abusive husband. Acting is great, characters are great- in the mood for a good romance- Nicolas Sparks is your man. Arriving in time for the town's Fourth of July parade, a severely intoxicated Kevin sees Katie kissing Alex, which enrages him. After the fire, Alex recovers several letters written by his late wife Carly before she died. Don't miss a beat. Safe Haven follows Katie (Julianne Hough), a young woman who escapes her dark past and a . I wouldn't fell in love with somebody that put that much danger to my children. They struggle, and Katie fights back for the first time. With such a good book, one of Sparks' most interesting, and a great idea, 'Safe Haven' had potential to work. His obsession with Bible and Bible's rules was a crucial point of that story. A flashback reveals that on the night Katie ran away, she stabbed Kevin with a knife when he attacked her in a drunken rage. Katie and Alex are finally ready to start a life together. Also Katie's husband character wasn't showed like I would like it to be presented. And the ending was so unexpected but amazing. It's the best one since 2001's Notebook. Erin (Julianne Hough), her heaving chest smeared in gore, runs barefoot through the streets wailing, What have I done? A quick haircut and bleach job later, shes fleeing Boston and the abusive husband she just stabbed on a bus headed south. kaspisches meer binnenmeer; grafana elapsed time The longtime couple began dating in 2014 and got hitched three years later. If my mindset had been, "I want to see a romantic movie that made me cry," I would have walked out just as disappointed as the woman I mentioned earlier. Safe Haven (2013) Irene Ziegler as Mrs. Feldman IMDb. They strike an immediate rapport and become friends. The scenes on the beach were shot at Fort Fisher State Recreation Area, in Pleasure Island, the same location doubling as Cousins Beach in the 2022 Amazon series The Summer I Turned Pretty. They break up, and Katie moves out of her house. No stab wounds. In April 2009, his personal wealth equaled about $10 million. Republican candidate Katie Arrington and Democratic candidate Joe Cunningham, running U.S. House South Carolina District 1, held a discussion at the Charleston Leaders Quarterly Meeting Monday . Mills Goodloe, based on Nicholas Sparks 2011 novel of the same name. Beginning in 2003 the Run for a Safe Haven has become an annual tradition for many living in the Central Valley. My favorite part about this movie is how Katie and Alex, the main characters, had past relationships. Alex sees the burning store, quickly crosses the harbor by boat, and saves Lexie. Safe Haven grossed US$71,349,120 in North America and US$26,245,020 in other territories for a worldwide total of US$97,594,140. Safe Haven, a romantic thriller film adapted from the Nicholas Sparks novel, debuted on the silver screen Valentines Day 2013, and two North Carolina coastal cities played starring roles. The air smelled of salt carried from the ocean. As I write this, the tears are drying on my face. Anyway, these four are very alike to each other and based on the respective novels written by the same author. Aside from the twist ending he would have given the film 2.5 stars, but ultimately gives it only 1.5 out of four stars. (During the reveal, the crowd let out an audible groan.). Sooner than later, both fall in love in a predictable way, until Katie's haunted hidden past comes rushing back to her as Det. Katie returns his love, and decides to stay in Southport. I'll stop there and just say there are some twists that I didn't see coming including one involving that of neighbor Cobie Smulders who I'm familiar with from the TV show "How I Met Your Mother". Katie leaves Radio Shack and goes back into the salon. The child actors who play Duhamel's kids are terrific even if one of them looks like a young Fred Savage. Katie wakes up in the convenience store next to a sleeping Lexie when Kevin suddenly appears and confronts her, demanding that she go back with him. But even as Katie begins to fall in love, she struggles with the dark, haunting, terrifying secret that set her on a shattering journey across the country to the sheltered oasis of Southport. The person you look to for comfort must be emotionally attuned to you. I think the last one was The Guardianand that was published eight or nine years agoand thats been a fan favorite. 8. Can't see how anyone can have anything to gripe about in this film. The cast is not great, but good enough. how does katie see jo in safe havenmugshots last 90 daysmugshots last 90 days She soon meets Alex Wheatley, a widower who runs the local general store. But, then, there are those even more rare cases of finding the one true love that may occur only once in a person's life and lasting even longer than a lifetime. The stars are Julianne Hough (as Katie Feldman) and Josh Duhamel (as Alex Wheatley). Katie. When a mysterious young woman (Julianne Hough) arrives in a small North Carolina town, her reluctance to join the tight-knit community raises questions about her part. The plot is easy to follow and adds no confusion, which is good. Katie reveals her past to Alex, who wants to know why she did not go seek help from the police. Alexis Cosio-Read more. At the general store, she introduces herself as 'Katie'. In the book he didn't show up until everything was pretty much over. This thriller romance leaves us heartbroken at the fact we can?t all run away and start a dream life with Josh Duhamel *sad face*. Alex gifts Katie a bicycle so she wont have to walk to get herself across town. Though their stories have different scenario, but their situation was almost the same. Katie sees this as a favor, and they have a small argument, but she realizes that it was a romantic gesture. The production shot in Southport and Wilmington during the summer of 2012. Alex is trying to run the general store and his family all by himself after losing his wife. A good romantic comedy is something I enjoy talking about, and my single relationship status has never been a merit for not liking a particular film of the genre. Yes the film is romantic and sweet and girls will love this movie, but I don't think the male audience will be won over by the suspense and thrills. I don't wish to spill the beans so I'll keep mum about it. . She moves into a house, gets a job and makes one close friend, Jo (Cobie Smulders). As they kept talking they fell in love and Katie's safe haven was Alex. It is a poetic moment immersed in romanticism and symbolizes the hope love offers in life. At the general store, she introduces herself as Katie Feldman. It is not as good as "The notebook", but it is better than "Dear John" and "The lucky one", in my opinion. They wanted Katie to be their pet. This latest film from Swedish director Lasse Hallstrom, based on the novel by Nicholas Sparks, is terribly manipulative and sappy. Adding to this, when Katie realizes that she befriended a ghost, it does not faze her in the least. When she finally gets to a small town she tries to build a life for herself all over again . You can find others listed on our crypto exchanges page. According to the Southport tourism director, Relativity Media has offered to donate the Safe Haven movie set known as Katies Cottage to the City of Southport. Company Agent , Safe Haven Real Estate. Alex soon falls for Katie's good looks and they grow closer together. But dark secrets intrude on her new life with such terror that she is forced to rediscover the meaning of sacrifice and rely on the power of love in this deeply moving romantic thriller. With that in mind, the long list of movies based on Nicholas Sparks novels is almost always seeped with tragedyeven down to the most depressing endings imaginable. Katie also befriends her neighbor, Jo (Cobie Smulders), who seems to always be there for her for good advice. Beautiful yet self-effacing, Katie seems determined to avoid forming personal ties until a series of events draws her into two reluctant relationships: one with Alex, a widowed store owner with a . Based on the best-selling novel of the same name written by Nicholas Sparks, Safe Haven is a romantic-thriller film directed by Lasse Hallstrm. I am not suggesting that you see Safe Haven based on this twist alone -- but I am kind of suggesting that you see Safe Haven based on this twist alone. I was underwhelmed by Safe Haven, mostly because I cared little about the characters for most of the film--except for the little girl, Lexie, who was the high point of the film. Bonds are a classic example of a safe haven asset. Thus the melodrama begins. Article continues below advertisement Zac Efron is an American actor. Everything about this movie is incredible. Josh Dushamel and Julianne Hough are the two leading ones, specially her, who is not famous at all. Safe Haven (2013) Cobie Smulders as Jo IMDb. The Southport Fort Fisher Ferry does operate year-round, however, it has slightly fewer crossings per day in the off-season months, or generally from early September until the end of March. The story begins for Katie and Alex, with each facing circumstances that make living difficult for them, and ends by highlighting the thing that makes life worth living: love. I studied economics in England where I obtained a B.Sc (Hons) in Applied Economics. After taking shelter with a neighbor, she heads to the bus station, crops and bleaches her hair, buys a bus ticket, and stops in the small town of Southport, North Carolina. On the road, she gets down at the small town of Southport, North Carolina. Police officer, Tierney (David Lyons), tries to hunt her down but gets to the bus station a few seconds late. In "Safe Haven," Katie Feldman (Julianne Hough) is introduced while fleeing from Boston via bus to South Carolina. Those mediocre movies look like masterpieces when compared to Safe Haven. SPOILERS AHEAD. It's not yet revealed what the circumstances are. What do you think was Nicholas Sparks' intention when writing this story? The couple announced their engagement on August 18, 2015, and were married on July 8, 2017. Her performance never felt believable and that hurt the chemistry with her co-star Josh Duhamel, who has also made a living off rom-coms like When in Rome, or Life as We Know It. Katie sends the kids away and confronts Kevin. With Jos empathic and stubborn support, Katie eventually realizes that she must choose between a life of transient safety and one of riskier rewards . (This is your last chance to stop reading before we get to the twist.) NOW SHE'S RUNNING FOR HER LIFE. Safe Haven by Martin R. "Vargo" Schneider. I believed the chemistry was there with the actors and the romance had a good build-up (not rushed). Safe Haven [Sparks, Nicholas] on Amazon.com. All contents on the USB drive will be erased. in safe haven why is katie running. As Katie is about to leave town, Alex intercepts her, saying he has fallen in love with her, begging her not to leave and promising to keep her safe. However Katie never mentions anything about her past. Kevin pulls into the driveway and unloads the groceries, while Katie hands him the receipt from the hair salon and the change. Her name was Katie. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. With death and illness, or at least a bittersweet end, a Sparks movie will almost always leave the viewer in tears. A step-by-step guide to craft a winning sales presentation outline; Latest posts Enclosed with the letter is a photo of Alex's late wife. So, Jo is a ghost. Kevin Thierney (David Lyons). But dont be fooled: This film, adapted from the novel by Nicholas Sparks, is no thriller. Step 1: Install Chromebook Recovery Utility. I went to see that movie with uneasy feeling that I'm going to be disappointed and I was unfortunately right. Directly afterward, Katie is shown packing while talking angrily with Jo. So, Jo is a ghost. I actually knew from the beginning that movies rarely are better than book but some of them at least focus on a important details that are crucial for the storyline. It has the same flat formulaic of other Nicholas Sparks, just told better. How do I create a bootable Chrome OS drive? The pace is fluid. The production shot in Southport and Wilmington during the summer of 2012. Alex drives over to Katies house to talk to her, only to discover that she left. David Lyons is chillingly effective as a cop who at first seems dogged and then becomes consumed with tracking down Katie. I have to say the girl that play Lexie (Mimi Kirkland) is an adorable kid with some of the best one-liners of the film. It explains that Alex must be in love to have given her the letter and she hopes that she feels the same, wishing that she could be there with them. Alex again became a hero saving his daughter from the fire. Hough dated Ryan Seacrest from April 2010 to March 2013. Most of the movie was filmed in Charleston, however, with Mount Pleasants Old Village and parts of King Street serving as downtown Seabrook and several private and public homes in the area setting the historically accurate backdrop. Regie: Lasse HallstrmCast: Julianne Hough (Erin/Katie), Josh Dushamel (Alex), David Lyons (Tierney), Mimi Kirkland (Lexie), Noah Lomax (Josh)Jaar: 2013 De film 'Save Haven' is een verfilming van de gelijknamige roman 'Save Haven' van Nicholas Sparks uit 2010. Determined yet blunt Jo encourages Katie to open herself to . In February 2014, it was revealed that she had begun dating NHL player Brooks Laich, then of the Washington Capitals, in December 2013. Shes a lot younger than the role in Safe Haven. Investors seek out safe havens in order to limit their exposure to losses. Safe Haven's staking program is a soft, fixed stake-based initiative that will always allow SHA holders to freely decide to remove or add their tokens as they wish. Crazy." She arrives at a bus station, now with cut and bleached hair. The movie begins with a young scared girl named Katie (Julianne Hough) making a frenetic escape from her hometown in Boston to a small North Carolina town known as Southport. A few hours later, Katie is boarding a bus headed out of town while a police detective scurries to find her before she can make good her escape. The movie has some really good mediocre suspense and intense twists in the plot-line. The scenes on the beach were shot at Fort Fisher State Recreation Area, in Pleasure Island. Nicholas Sparks net worth: Nicholas Sparks is an American novelist, screenwriter, and producer who has a net worth of $40 million dollars. The photography is one of the best elements of the movie. Before we talk about that shocking reveal, lets look at how the ending impacts Katie and Alex. This is one film that he would probably want to erase from his resume. Jo starts pushing Katie to talk to Alex and give him a chance, but she is afraid of getting too comfortable here in this town. Enraged, he breaks into Katie's former neighbor's home in Boston and gets the phone number to the restaurant where Katie works. The woman introduces herself as Jo, and notices Katie sounds as though she is not from the area. Your information will be kept private and you can unsubscribe at any time, "Love doesnt mean anything if youre not willing to make a commitment, and you have to think not only about what you want, but about what he wants. Hollywood.com Staff-Read more. Katie tries to keep to herself, but she forms a nice bond with a little girl named Lexie (Mimi Kirkland) who is the daughter of widowed Alex (Josh Duhamel). The same time we can see her husband looking for her, stopping buses running like nothing had happened to him. Sure, the movie is sweet for the most part and the dramatic moments are nothing to brag about, but Hallstrm has been hiding the real love story all along; when it's revealed in the last scenes, we ask ourselves, how could I have not seen this and then you melt. But even as Katie begins to fall in love, she struggles with the dark secret that still haunts and terrifies her . You can contact him directly on Twitter. It is revealed that the cop searching for Katie is her abusive husband and has framed her to find her. However, they are unsure if they can truly ever be happy again, until they meet each other. Alex sees the poster in the police station and notices the picture bears a striking resemblance to Katie. . These assets are uncorrelated or negatively correlated with the economy as a whole, which means that they could appreciate in the event of a market crash. Upon arriving in Southport, Katie settles down in the tiny, quaint town. Safe Haven Katie, a mysterious 27-year-old woman, moves to Southport, North Carolina. Why educator David Tarvin "thinks in Prezi" Feb. 13, 2023. Safe Haven had some beautiful shots of romantic locations, but it was full of clichs and bad dialogues. Nicholas Sparks never changes. Southport is close to a myriad of beach towns, which makes it a great launching point for a relaxed day of lounging on the sand.