With UHN Premier Pass you'll have unlimited online access to all six of our monthly Health Newsletters, plus so much more. I agree some of the drugs are pretty toxic. I would like to try this treatment again as I havent used GSE for several years. Please learn from my mistake and dont give cats grapefruit seed extract!. But, cat is now 9 yrs. Scott holds a Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy degree, and a Master of Business Administration degree from the University of Toronto, and has completed a Accredited Canadian Hospital Pharmacy Residency Program. All the information reported here is derived from Bibliographic Sources, Personal Experience and Public Domain Clinical Studies. Grapefruit (Citrus paradisi) is a citrus fruit. Soon he started shaking, throwing up and he would just sit in one place balled up looking at the ground. However, rare side effects ofmay include nausea, vomiting, swollen or painful tongue, and burns of the mouth, throat or stomach. Not natural, not safe: Grapefruit Seed Extract Grapefruit-seed extract is claimed to be a cure-all for nearly every type of infection. The image is natural, but is grapefruit seed extract a case of misleading advertising? Follow the label instructions for use. Extract seeds grapefruit ESP for cat and dog As a disinfectant Making a solution with water to disinfect cages, kennels, litters, this solution is very safe and can be used in kennels and cats, is as effective as bleach or ammonia but without toxic substances. Nowhere is this challenge better illustrated than a supplement that Ive seen for sale for some time. I use it on my pet dogs feet when she gets allergies. Grapefruit seed extract has been shown to posses antibacterial, antiviral, antimicrobial and antifungal properties, and it fights candida, kills antibiotic-resistant UTIs, remedies fungal infections, relieves athletes foot and nail fungus, and treats digestive disturbances associated with eczema. or Healthy Lifestyle Brands. Infographic on 5 thoughts on excess weight in cats. A few drops can be added previously diluted in water in a cotton ball to clean the outside of the earcup, in case of fungal infections apply on the area concerned with a gauze, the extract grapefruit seeds ESP for cat and dog should always be used diluted. Grapefruit ( Citrus paradisii) contains psoralen compounds which are toxic to your cat and can be absorbed through the skin as well as ingested. Sothinking maybe you should start up your own thread with the CORRECT name (this thread calls it Grapeseed vs GrapeFRUIT seed (big difference) Now I'm just trying to figure out if you should start it up under Health or Nutrition. Privacy Policy. Overall though, GSE is effective (I also used to clear up coccidia that the prescript meds from the vet couldnt do!!!!). Candidiasis, commonly referred to as candida, is a fungal infection that can affect men and women of all ages in various parts of the body. GSE products that are not adulterated have no efficacy, because GSE has no intrinsic efficacy at all. Grapefruit inhibits certain enzyme systems within the body most often involved in drug metabolism. Side effects may include headache, itchy scalp, dizziness, and nausea. People say it can be administered internally and applied externally in diluted form. Well after about 10 days he started eating less and becoming less active so I continued giving him the GSE thinking the virus was coming back. You should not use the information on this website for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or prescribing any medication or other treatment. I think it would be very useful if you could do some detective work and find out what it is. Grapefruit seed extract is on mycandida diettreatment plan for very good reason. Elicats.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com. It was liver toxicity symptoms. Can be added to the bowl of water for the treatment of diarrhea, bacterial diseases, viral and parasitic, useful for cats positive to IVF and FeLV. Its recommended forits antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties. Mix 40 drops nutribiotic grapefruit seed extract with 20 ML / CC canned tuna juice , give 1 ML/CC 3 times a day to sick and once a day to well cats and they will not catch the illness , try it gse available at the Vitamin Shoppe for 12 dollars , add a dropper of lomatium to the mix for extra boost. JavaScript is disabled. A typical formula I recommend contains just two ingredients: grapefruit seed extract and vegetable glycerin. Higher amounts of benzethonium chloride were present in powder GSE samples than in liquid GSE samples, although though we did not determine the exact concentration. Grapeseed Extract is a great bacteria killer for raw meats! This research confirms an earlier study that found benzethonium chloride in commercial GSE samples. Our rescue black neutered male cat sneezed green snot. Exploring issues and controversies in the relationship between science and medicine. I used L-lysine for Charlie who was not responding to treatment but he died before I could evaluate its effectiveness. It was liver toxicity symptoms. This helps us offset the costs of running this site, so thank you for your support! and Here's a link to the page that should show both liquid formulas: Not to mention how to allow for the weight difference between humans and cats. ago. Gram-negative and gram-positive isolates were introduced into graduated dilutions of GSE (twofold concentrations ranging from 1:1, through 1:512) for determination of bacterial activity. The concentrated product NutriBiotic GSE liquid is a compound derived from grapefruit seed and pulp. Grapefruit seed is a supplement thats of such poor quality that even herbal medicine boosters recommend against its use. HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here. On the site Elicats.com there are links to different online stores (affiliation) Elicats.com is not associated with any of the manufacturers mentioned in the articles. Test tube or any other in vitro studies are irrelevant when looking at any internal use. Used to support overall well-being, grapefruit seed extract may . Its readily available at your local health store or online. Family: Rutaceae. Other uses for diluted grapefruit seed extract include as a mouthwash, throat gargle, acne skin cleanser and disinfectant. Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE) . Location. Your dog has dry, cracked legs and suffers from yeast or fungal infection, you can use grapefruit seed extract! are clickable links to these studies. In all five products, the synthetic preservative benzethonium chloride was detected. I have what I think is a very good vet in many ways, but some things about the "approach" (or lack of one) have become more perturbing, and have me looking for something more focused on true health and vitality for the long haul. After reading the comments, sounds like using GSE on cats should be just a one time deal for maybe worms, I know many of the deworming meds doctors give to cats are a one time thing than you wait 20 days and do it again. Kennel cough and upper respiratory infections are common ailment for dogs who are in or just coming out of the shelter environment. I am a tried and true L-lysine caretaker. Its use began back in the 1970s, when immunologist Dr. Jacob Harich was looking for a natural, non-toxic alternative to antibiotics that would help the body resist bacteria, viruses, parasites and fungi. If you intend to take it for three or more consecutive days, make sure to also consume a probiotic supplement a few hoursbefore taking your dose of GSE. Advocates of the product say that it can also be used to disinfect cages, for example at shelters and breeder catteries. 2000-2023 TheCatSite.com. Elicats.com - All rights reserved 2012 - 2022 - The reproduction, even partial, of all contents present on the site is forbidden without explicit authorization. The Natural Medicines Database says that GSE is possibly safe based on this paper. GSE is used incosmetic products for itsnatural antimicrobial abilities. he has always been a groomer, but not in his old age is licking raw spots. Adults can mix 10 drops of the liquid concentrate into a glass of water or juice (5 oz. It seems unlikely that benzethonium chloride is formed during any extraction and/or processing of grapefruit seeds and pulp. The objectives of this study were to determine (1) time and dose-dependence of GSE against FCV-F9, MNV-1, and HAV at room tempe I dont know about the dust. A solution of 20 drops Grapefruit Seed Extract with 10oz. Grapefruit seed extract (GSE) comes from the seed, pulp and white membranes of grapefruit. Maximum Strength Grapefruit Seed Extract Capsules Deliver 250mg of GSE Per CapsuleEqual to 25 Drops of NutriBiotic GSE Liquid Concentrate If you're looking for a high concentration of a tried and true grapefruit seed extract, look no further than NutriBiotic original Grapefruit Seed Extract Capsules! Limonoids and naringenin are the main compounds in grapefruit seeds believed to be responsible for their ability to kill infectious agents. It just indicates that it is not recommended by veterinarians although some of them might. Grapefruit seed extract is a proven anti-fungal, anti-viral, natural ingredient. Nothing helped - much. This increases blood concentrations of the drugs concerned, creating a risk of overdose and dose-dependent adverse effects. If youre native to Oregon, you likely know all about marionberries. It can be used both topically and internally. Benefits, Nutrition, Uses & How It Compares vs. Blackberries. Got to keep the immune system boosted! (4) It shouldnt take too long to have theitching, burning and general unpleasantness of athletes foot under control. Susie, it may be useful, first, to get to the bottom of his over-grooming. Winograd hates PETA. There were zero side effects during the entire study. It has too much sugar in it to be a safe or healthy treat for dogs. In many countries, regulators have implemented weaker safety, effectiveness and quality standards for anything branded a supplement or natural health product. Grapefruit seed extract is considered safe, but safety data is incomplete in pregnant women and children. This information serves as a general guideline, cannot be applied to all pets or considered as an alternative to professional advice. People allergic to grapes should not use grape seed extract. This work has conclusively demonstrated that benzethonium chloride is present in commercial GSE samples. Scott has no conflicts of interest to disclose. None of these compounds could be formed from flavonoids like naringenin, the most abundant flavonoid in grapefruit seeds, pulp, and peel, or other grapefruit seed constituents (e.g., limonoids) and ammonium chloride; the alkyl chains and substituent arrays found in the antimicrobial adulterants are not naturally present in grapefruit seed and cannot be prepared from those materials. Lowers Blood Sugar. People say that when it is diluted with water it is an excellent health remedy as it kills a whole host of microorganisms and/or it inhibits their growth. Dr. Low Dog adds that this finding is consistent with those of other researchers who have found benzethonium chloride or triclosan in samples of liquid and powdered grapefruit seed extracts. . This does not mean that it is no good. Beware of allergic reactions, if the animal does not like the bitter taste you can always give it with a syringe a few drops (depending on the weight of the animal) diluted in water. Dr. Kathleen Jade is a naturopathic physician and served for many years as the Medical Director and Editor-In-Chief of Natural Health Advisory Institute. Could that airborne dust have anything to do with the breathing problems I'm having with the cats? Vanna and Samson my rescue kitties were getting over their URI when I adopted them and Vanna had a bad set back this weekend and had to go back yesterday. TheCatSite.com is a community of cat lovers dedicated to quality cat care and cat welfare. Verstopfung Bei Katzen Naturheilmittel Weichmacher Homopathie, Dog cataracts treatment without surgery My Natural kit, Katze mit CNI Medikamente und Ergnzungen, Pancreatitis In Dogs Can Be Treated With Symptoms And Supportive Remedies, Verstopfung beim Hund Naturheilmittel Symptome und Ursachen, Extract grapefruit seeds ESP for cat and dog For indoor use in case of Bacteria, GSE does not have the same side effects as antibiotics does not destroy intestinal bacterial flora, GSE must always be added to food or water, never give pure. (6) But there are also many grapefruit seed uses that dont involve ingesting the extract. No content on this site, regardless of date, should ever be used as a substitute for direct medical advice from your doctor or other qualified clinician. British citizens and citizens of other countries may have recognised the latest developments in the woke movement. This means avoiding things like sugar, alcohol, dairy and grains. These tests indicated that from the 1:1 through the 1:128 concentrations, GSE remained toxic as well as bactericidal. If you suspect your pet may have ingested a . Grapefruit extract can deplete normal flora (healthy good bacteria) in the gut when taken long-term. Grapefruit was first documented in 1750 by Reverend Griffith Hughes describing specimens from Barbados. It is republished here as it has value. All information on special diets and dietary supplements for pets is for information purposes only. Soon he started shaking, throwing up and he would just sit in one place balled up looking at the ground. Cat Articles | The amount depends on the strength of theGSEand the reason youre taking it. After my experiences with Mitzy at the vets, Im always going to try home remedies first. I used organic raw coconut oil as a carrier oil to a few (4-5 initially) drops of gse applied topically. Id rather leave that to readers to work out if you believe that there are health benefits for cats but it must be diluted. However, test results indicated that at the 1:512 dilution, GSE remained bactericidal, but completely nontoxic. Grapefruit seed extract is a liquid that comes from the seeds, pulp and white membranes of the grapefruit. Grapefruit seed extract benefits can be experienced whenits taken by mouth for bacterial, viral and fungal infections, including yeast infections. Studies have shown that many grapefruit seed extract products are contaminated with preservatives. (3). Scientific Name: Citrus paradisii. I am playing devils advocate. I'm assuming this is a forced air furnace and if it is, it should have it's own filter that you either replace or clean, depending on the type. 6 reasons for the 90% drop in pound killings of US dogs and cats since the 1970s, Substantial drop in shelter animal euthanasia in the USA, Governor wants California to be a no-kill animal shelter state. What Im advocating is taking proactive steps to stop his behaviour rather than reactive steps which is what you are suggesting. It has been used for weight loss. Where do you draw the line between supplement and drug? But no matter how many margaritas you may drink, tequila will not cure your cold or any other infection in body. If so, it may the disinfectant qualities of the preservative which is working. With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. A noteworthycase study published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine in 2005 found that grapefruit seeds were highly effective in killing antibiotic-resistanturinary tract infections. It is regularly updated. As a service to our readers, University Health News offers a vast archive of free digital content. anything is toxic to cats if you use it wrong.. also, in my experience, vets barely know wtf theyre doing. Benzethonium is an antiseptic that is for surface disinfection and is also in consumer products like mouthwash. Also, please, remember that grapefruit seed extract interferes with several medications, therefore if you give your cat grapefruits, please inform your vet . I will post your comment on the page to highlight it. Limonoids and naringenin are the main compounds in grapefruit seeds believed to be responsible for their ability to kill infectious agents. Erythritol: Is This Healthy Sweetener the Real Deal? The ducts may need to be cleaned by a professional. But these two entities are at each other's throats. Don't take these interactions lightly. The result has been a boon and boom for manufacturers, with thousands of products flooding the market. I may be tempted to use this product externally, perhaps in conjunction with a mild cleaning agent, but never internally with any cat. Read how GSE is toxic to cats so i stopped and the worms keep coming back over and over. Objectives: Recent testimonials report grapefruit-seed extract, or GSE (Citricidal) to be effective against more than 800 bacterial and viral strains, 100 strains of fungus, and a large number of single and multicelled parasites. Please don't use it for parasites, don't use it as an ingredient in "natural detergents" (Bio-Kleen uses GSE), in soaps and by no means expose your infants to it to "fight thrush". Within those two weeks, all patients responded satisfactorily to the treatment minus one. The researchers identified two agents: xylitol and grapefruit seed extract (GSE), which, when administered intranasally in the form of nasal sprays could help ameliorate COVID-19 symptoms in . Grapefruit seed extract uses are numerous due to its action as a highly concentrated, natural general antimicrobial and antioxidant. It is also consumed orally based on claims that it can treat infections of the gastrointestinal tract (or elsewhere in the body). Former agonist athlete with several appreciable results, wellness consultant and personal trainer, I support correct information trying to understand why things with theory and practice, Enjoy your stay! and when it is something they arent willing to do fk all. The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice. Grapefruit seed extract is made by mixing grapefruit seeds and pulp into a highly acidic liquid. The extract was mostly effective againstCandida, Geotrichum sp. I diluted GSE and fed it to him with eye dropper . Consider the following scenario: Tequila, based on its alcohol content, is going to be an effective disinfectant on surfaces. Preliminary animal study suggests that grapefruit seed extract can reduce the blood sugar and cholesterol levels in the body. I also added food grade DE mixed to their food. You really must be careful not to overdue the amount given and if your cat doesnt tolerate it, or seems to be worse, stop immediately! Grapefruit seed extract is from a grapefruit while grapeseed extract, or, are currently taking any other medications, especially blood thinners or medicines used after organ transplant, are allergic to any medicine (prescription or over-the-counter or dietary supplements), are pregnant or plan to become pregnant while using this medicine. This study investigated GSE for antibacterial activity at varying time intervals and concentration levels and tissue toxicity at varying concentrations in an effort to determine if a concentration existed that was both microbicidal and nontoxic and in what period of time. Several studies have researched the effects of GSE on high blood pressure. (5). OK, I, personally have never used it. The production method isnt clearly described but different manufacturers say they grind the seeds and pulp in water, and then process this chemically to yield an extract. Thanks Haley. Signs of an allergic reaction includeswelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing, hives or rash. By clicking "Subscribe," you agree to the DrWeil.com The fact that it continues to be widely sold is testament to the ineffectiveness of regulations that should put consumer safety ahead of a manufacturers right to sell a dodgy product. These can be used as a nasal spray to contain the . We rescued an older feral cat that is FIV+ and was creating bald spots and mowing his abdomen clean. I personally call that a good sign, and since the spray is lite, one is not over treating. I cleaned out the heating duct leading to the bedroom---some fool had thrown papers, pencils, and cigarette butts in there--and there was a lot of dust and dirt! If your pet is taking medication, ask your vet for advice. In 90% of the cases of over-grooming, it is due to stress. The main compounds in grapefruit seeds thought to be responsible for its ability to kill infectious agents are chemical compounds (polyphenols) known as limonoids and naringenin. 1. Three extracts also contained triclosan and methylparaben. Adulterated or not, there is no reason to take GSE at all. All information on special diets and dietary supplements for pets is for information purposes only. The suggestion on a commercial website that these antimicrobial compounds are formed from the phenolic compounds naturally occurring in grapefruit seed and pulp by heating them with water, ammonium chloride, and hydrochloric acid is not supported by chemical evidence, or any known organic chemistry pathway. Another research also compared the efficacy of this extract with that of the drug metformin when it came to lowering blood sugar in the body. Also, I did some research on this product on the Wikipedia website. Seems like you have a good vet. I keep pounds and pounds of it and use it consistently, every single day for every cat in my world. So arethe seeds of a grapefruit actually good for you? Grapefruit seed extract is available in supplement form as a liquid concentrate, capsule or tablet. About TheCatSite.com. This was 8 yrs. About 500,000 people are exposed to H. capsulatum each year in the U.S. A recommended alternative treatment for this fungal infection is grapefruit seed extract at a dosage of 100 milligrams (capsule) or five to 10 drops in waterthree times daily. Repeated testing over the past 20 years has demonstrated that any GSE efficacy is due to product adulteration with one or more synthetic chemical disinfectants. additionally trained in Chinese Medicine. How to choose the right food for your cat, http://www.thecatsite.com/t/205198/diluting-grapefruit-seed-extract, http://www.thecatsite.com/t/27969/grapefruit-seed-extract, http://www.nutribiotic.com/gse-liquid-concentrate.html, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12165191, http://www.thecatsite.com/t/261531/botans-recovery-story-pseudomonas. This Dr. Axe content is medically reviewed or fact checked to ensure factually accurate information. Apparently dogs are more tolerant of GSE. Grapefruit seed extract is not commonly known to cause any side effects when taken as directed. They report that any antimicrobial activities in grapefruit extract products is likely due to these synthetic additives, and not the grapefruit extract itself. It is probably safe to put a few drops of grapefruit seed extract in water in a spray bottle for an odorless way to kill household mold and mildew. There have been several other studies conducted. We've been in this apartment about three months now, and whoever lived here before was not exactly the cleanest people in the world. Drug Interactions Supplement-drug interactions can be dangerous and, in rare cases, even life-threatening. When I searched this product on veterinarians websites my initial impression is that it is not referred to on these sites. I use L-Lysine and cleared up several things with my Gracie. You can also use it as an alternative to tea tree oil to treat nail fungus. Presently He is having noisy sounds & sounds snotty. What the author says is that the artificial preservatives in the commercial products, such as benzethonium chloride have an effect on microorganisms. Wow thats amazing. rattlesnake bite day 1 day 2 and day 8 with gse mix. Perhaps not surprisingly, there is a lack of evidence showing that GSE has any effectiveness for any condition. One or more times treatment per day, depending on size of critter. All parts of the fruit, peel, fruit and seeds are toxic and can induce serious symptoms including diarrhea, vomiting, and photosensitivity. Among the multiple grapefruit seed extract uses are the following: In addition to grapefruit seed oil, liquid extracts, and capsules, some companies (e.g., Nutribiotics) make throat sprays, nasal sprays, ear drops, mouthwashes and gargles, toothpastes, shower gels, wound disinfectant sprays, and other personal care products containing grapefruit seed extract. By enabling these cookies, you are helping us to provide you with a better experience.Privacy and Cookie Policy, V-INTEGRA - Renal, Mangime Minerale per la Dieta Casalinga di Cani e Gatti Che Richiedono Una Restrizione di Fosforo, Applaws Cat Food Tin 156g Chicken with Pumpkin, Pack of 24, Walnut (Juglans regia) Hulls of The Fruit or Pericarp (Walnut Husk) and Leaves Alcohol-Free Mother Tincture Naturalma, ReConvales Antiphos 3 x 90 ml-Ergnzungsfuttermittel zur Untersttzung der Nierenfunktion bei chronischer. GSE products that are commercially available are regularly adulterated with synthetic antibacterial and antifungal disinfectants. Clinical Signs: Vomiting, diarrhea, depression; potential dermatitis. at least in my town, i am currently looking to find a vet who isnt a total moron. I explored a little on ahvma several months ago, but it looks like it is time to go at it with renewed focus. GSE is primarily promoted to treat or prevent infections. Making a solution with water to disinfect cages, kennels, litters, this solution is very safe and can be used in kennels and cats, is as effective as bleach or ammonia but without toxic substances. Within one week, I started seeing differences in the kittens first, then with the cats. This study investigated GSE for antibacterial activity at varying time intervals and concentration levels and tissue toxicity at varying concentrations in an effort . Currently I have seen no snot from his nose. Thanks, LDG. At Save A Dog we started using vitamin C and grapefruit seed extract and noticed a remarkable improvement in our rescued dog's ability to fight off upper respiratory infections. It most commonly occurs in the mouth, ears, nose, toenails, fingernails, gastrointestinal tract and vagina. Im going back to GSE I think it to be safer than the vet meds (alt: cat gets diarrhea, throws up, or worse). Sometimes just giving her a little charcoal powder in water helps a lot. One preliminary human trial investigated the effectiveness of grapefruit seed extract on atopiceczema patients who also hadintestinaldysbiosis,a microbial imbalance or maladaptation in the digestive tract. Itsthen typically combinedwith vegetable glycerin to reduce the bitterness and acidity. But the actual science is quite telling. The common denominator is the owner who has consistently overfed his/her cats who look like siblings. But, Ive never seen any edible cat product containing lemon or orange either. Five were effective inhibitors of bacteria and fungus in test tubes. It kept the worms at bay. Natural flea and worm treatment for cats dogs do they work? Your location says you're in Chicago - that covers a lot of territory. Never purchase a grapefruit seed extract product that contains health-hazardous, synthetic chemicals like methylparaben, benzethonium chloride or triclosan. GSE is claimed to be produced from the seeds of the grapefruit (Citrus x paradisi). Before qualifying I worked in many jobs including professional photography. Grapefruit seed extract is a darned good oral anti-fungal. In other words, the synthetic preservative is the anti-microbial agent rather than natural grapefruit seed extract (GSE). The one GSE product with no additives also had no efficacy. 2002 Jun;8(3):333-40. But I do know its very hard to control the URI. GSE (Grapefruit Seed Extract) or also called Pomplemus Seed Extract (ESP). In hundreds of laboratory tests, GSE has demonstrated its ability to kill or inhibit the growth of a wide range of potentially harmful bacteria, fungi, viruses and protozoan parasites. Antibiotic shot by vet when bacteria was green. Ive read about the anti-fungal properties of grapefruit seed extract, but I have also read about the potential presence of benzethonium chloride and other chemicals used in the manufacturing process. All point to the same conclusion. Holistic vets are rare: https://pictures-of-cats.org/why-isnt-integrativeholistic-veterinary-medicine-more-widely-accepted.html, Click on this page to read about some holistic vets: https://pictures-of-cats.org/tag/holistic-vet, And some home treatments: https://pictures-of-cats.org/tag/home-treatments-for-cats. Simply paint the extract on theinfectednails twice a day until you see improvement. If you take prescription medication, ask your doctor or pharmacist whether your medication interacts with grapefruit . This article was first published on April 1st 2015. Dogs should not eat dried grapefruit. Eczema is a common skin disorderthat often has links to food choices and digestive issues. Grapefruit seed extract, also known as GSE orcitrus seed extract,is derived from the seeds, pulp and white membranes of a grapefruit. There is no evidence suggesting that actual grapefruit seed extract has any meaningful antibacterial, antifungal, or antiviral effects. Yes. Before looking at the evidence, it is important to distinguish between in vitro use (i.e. out of DrWeil.com subscriptions at any time. POOR QUALITY PRODUCTS MAY CONTAIN TRICLOSAN, PARABENS AND BENZETHONIUM, A VERY DANGEROUS SUBSTANCE. my cat lil deb slipped out and confronted snake on porch i slung 2 ferals in house , it was striking at me and one fang got deb After battling endless URI with the group I had, I finally went to my friendly health food guru and he suggested I use this stuff.