Whisk the lime jello powder into the boiling water until completely dissolved. Let it thicken. There are plenty of delicious pie recipes out there. It would look great next to colored eggs. Questions & Replies Sign In to Ask a Question Got a question? As much as I like pistachios, I think that the lime flavor give this dessert a nice, tangy taste. Cool completely. have used this for years I add1/4 cup grated cheese and 1 cup carrots making this about 3weight watcerpoins sharron. I worked for Furrs in the mid 80s and even trained a salad department for an opening in California. Give it a try and see. These ingredients give the whole dish a unique, complex flavor that everyone will enjoy. can crushed pineapple drained, reserving 1 cup juice 1 cup sour cream 1 cup thawed Cool Whip 1 cup mini marshmallows Instructions Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray; set aside. curd cottage cheese. Be the first to rate this post. Add pineapple, beating briefly. Jell-O isnt traditionally known for its crunchiness, but when you add a layer of cream cheese and pineapple Jell-O on top of a crunchy pretzel crust, that all changes. lg. I dont see that in add other similar recipes, but I would actually recommend it if you are serving this as a dessert salad. Stir mixture until the mixture is smooth and blended. Pour into a 3 quart baking dish and chill until firm (at least 3 hours, depending on pan size and depth). 7-Layer Jell-O If you're looking for something colorful and fun, 7-layer Jell-O is the recipe for you. Pour into 1 qt. Using an electric mixer, beat heavy cream, vanilla and sugar together until stiff peaks. 1M views 5 years ago This dessert is easy and delicious. Instructions. Pour the mixture into the prepared pie crust. The addition of cottage cheese and pecans make for a fine lime gelatin salad. I spend my time developing recipes that my family and friends will love and then I share them with you! lime jello small crushed pineapple drained mini marshmello 7-up cool whip mixed fruit,drained lg philadelphia cream cheese chopped Nuts lorijane 7-up salad lime jello hot water to dissolve jello crushed pineapple, drained 7-up cream cheese, softened chopped pecans or walnuts trusk62 prism salad 18. Use the handle of a wooden spoon or a large drinking straw to poke holes over the entire surface of the cooled cake. Thank you, Add mashed pears and use pear juice in with the water. As soon as the pear liquid comes to a boil, pour it into the bowl with the Jell-O and stir constantly until the Jell-O is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes; set aside. You can use whatever flavors you like, but I tend to stick pretty closely to the given recipe. This is a good make-ahead mixture over the. 2 cups buttermilk Stir in whipped topping. Spoon mixture into graham cracker crust and smooth out. Together, the three layers make a tart and tangy treat with just a hint of sweetness. Next, using a rubber spatula, stir in the cool whip. If you're looking for a refreshing and tasty dessert that you can whip up in just 5 minutes then Lime Jello Pie is your new best friend! There was an error submitting your subscription. Raspberry Jell-O lasagna perfectly walks that line between sweet and tart, crunchy and creamy. So, the next time youre craving something a little outside the box like sparkling grapefruit Jell-O or (heaven forbid) beet Jell-O you can whip it up in practically no time. Its green color makes it a perfect side dish or dessert for Christmas, St. Patricks Day. The top layer is sweet, creamy, and velvety smooth. The only thing better than Jell-O with plenty of fruit and fruit juice in it is Jell-O with plenty of fruit, fruit juice, and red wine! Set aside. In a medium sized mixing bowl stir together cottage cheese and your choice or lime or orange gelatin. cream cheese (mixed with jello water) in place of cottage cheese. I was a salad backer at Furrs Cafeteria in the late 70 and early 80s. mix lime Jello and hot water together until dissolved; set aside. I love finding food thats easy to make and my family loves! Snap a pic and upload to your pin and let me know what you thought! Chill the pie for at least 6 hours (preferably overnight) before slicing. The lime Jell-O Waldorf salad combines lime Jell-Os tanginess, apples sweetness, walnuts nuttiness, and celerys earthiness. It does taste good. Heat water/juice to boiling. If you're looking for the perfect take-along for a picnic or potluck, this Cool Whip Key Lime Pie is just the thing! Great with everything! Transfer the jello mixture to the pie crust and spread so the top is flat. Last Updated: October 4, 2021 This post may contain affiliate links. 1 (6 ounce) package lime flavored Jell-O mix, 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice, 1 (16 ounce) package miniature marshmallows. Whisk cool whip into the mixture until smooth and well combined. 1 package Lime gelatin, 1 cup hot water. Beat until blended. Let set in fridge. Pour into desired serving dish. Combine gelatin and hot water in a large mixing bowl. Prepare Dream Whip according to the package directions. If so, dont worry, it tastes just as good as you remember. I like to top each slice with a dollop of whipped cream and lime slice. Stir in gelatin mixture, walnuts, marshmallows and reserved pineapple. Remember how smooth and creamy it was? Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. 1 (3-ounce) box lime Jell-O 8 ounces cream cheese, softened 2 cups Cool Whip, thawed Instructions Drain the pears; reserve the liquid. Casual Dining, Copycat Restaurant Recipes - Over 869 recipes and counting!, Dessert Recipes, Salad Recipes, Side Dish Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes. Place jello in the fridge and set a timer for 30 minutes. While this recipe suggests canned . This would be called Lime Delight. All the ingredients are white and green. Then in 1899, Jell-O was sold to Orator Francis Woodward (18561906), whose Genesee Pure Food Company produced the successful Grain-O health drink. Dissolve jello in hot water. Scoop chilled pie filling into the pre-made crust. For St. Pattys, I would add an extra tablespoon of the green lime jello powder for an extra pop of color. This creamy, refreshing treat takes only 15 minutes to make, has a strong peach flavor, and is low in fat. Add the cottage cheese in a Trifle Dish or clear bowl. I dare you! I am not sure what this might be. Spray a bundt pan lightly with cooking spray and pour the lime jello salad into the pan. I help you cook dinner, and serve up dishes you know your family will love. 3 ounce pack Lime Jello or flavor of your choice Show more. Add ice; stir 2 min. Commentdocument.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a062ee4a3c791114c36eb45b37c8505a" );document.getElementById("d55fec7b51").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Fold the whipped milk into the gelatin. My mom used to make this beautiful pastel green jello salad on Christmas and other special occasion family gatherings. Place in the refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours. Crust: The best, and easiest, thing to do is buy a prepared 10 inch Graham cracker pie crust. Fruit, vegetables, and whipped cream can be added to make elaborate snacks that can be molded into shapes. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Add about 1 cup of ice to a measuring cup and then fill with water until it measures 1 cup. If you want, you can make some fantastic things with a box of Jell-O mix. Place reserved mandarin orange juice in a 2-cup measuring cup. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Then mix again with a rubber spatula. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. May decorate with Cool Whip before serving if desired. Beat in sherbet until melted. In a mixing bowl, using a whisk or a hand mixer, combine the cream and confectioners sugar just until slightly firm peaks are formed. Im Aubrey. If youre not huge on Jello or just dont have a box handy, Easy Lime Pie or delicious Key Lime Tarts also pack big lime flavor. Blueberry Jello Salad. The strawberry and strawberry-banana Jell-O in this Jell-O mold are only the tips of the iceberg when it comes to deliciousness. That is too dam hillbilly, you Ive been trying to find this receipe for a long time. Step 3: In a sauce pan that is medium-sized, add in the gelatin and the pineapple juice. This keeps the Cool Whip from falling flat when you mix it. Whip partially set Jello until fluffy. Store in refrigerator for up to 3 days. Add ice water to jello mixture and stir until ice is completely melted and mixture begins to thicken. 6 ounces Jello lime gelatin 2 small boxes 2 cups boiling water 1 cup cold water 20 ounces canned crushed pineapple drained 16 ounces small curd cottage cheese 8 ounces Cool whip whipped topping 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans Instructions Place the lime gelatin in a large mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Cool Whip is added. Slowly pour the jelly / jello mixture into the yogurt in a steady stream continuing to whisk whilst you do so. RESERVE 1 Tbsp. Whisk for a further 5 - 10 minutes until the mixture has increased in volume and is light and bubbly. I used a large Trifle Dish. You can not use pineapple juice and jello together. 1 large box lime jello or 2 small boxes 1 large box cherry jello or 2 small boxes 1 small box lemon jello 2 cups marshmallows 8 ounce cream cheese softened cup Miracle Whip 1 large can crushed pineapple drained Instructions Prepare lime jello according to package directions. When the gelatin is thick, whip the evaporated milk in a chilled bowl with chilled beaters until thick enough to form peaks like whipped cream. Next comes the jello. Add drained crushed pineapple, cottage cheese, and Cool Whip whipped topping. Whisk for about 2 minutes. Check out more of my easy salad recipes and the best copycat restaurant recipes here on CopyKat! If youre looking for a light, fluffy, tropical treat, check out pina colada Jell-O salad. Chill before serving. A generous serving of the Lime Jello Fluff Salad. Unmold onto a serving platter. (Grammie says that the lime jello or orange pineapple were her favorite) Printable Recipe Card Cookies collect information about your preferences and your devices and are used to make the site work as you expect it to, to understand how you interact with the site, and to show advertisements that are targeted to your interests. Fold the cool whip into the jello mixture. Add 1/2 cup cold water and pineapple juice. Yeah, Mama knew, even though she tried to act put-out with us. Thanks to the sugar-free Jell-O, its not that unhealthy for you either. Your email address will not be published. Cool Whip. Put the rest of the crumbs into a bowl and pass around the table at serving time. Stir until smooth and blended with no large whipped topping lumps. Its light with just a hint of nuttiness, and best of all, its an attractive dessert that will brighten up any table with its peach hue and orange flecks. Stir in sugar and dissolve. While cake cools make the jello. Beat until blended. All youll need is boiled water, gelatin, and whatever fruit juice you want to flavor it. Move mixture to a large measuring cup or bowl. Add the key lime juice. It looks like a broken mosaic or maybe a really expensive bar of designer soap. Top it with whipped cream and raspberries for an extra special delight. Refrigerate several hours or overnight to set. in small pieces. Whisk in cool whip and refrigerate mixture for 30 minutes. If you want to add some more nuts, you can. We also participate in affiliate programs with Thrive Market, Shareasale, and other sites. These pretty parfaits are a nice, charming way to enjoy strawberry Jell-O. If you want to change things arounds, you can add some crushed pecans instead. The lime Jell-O Waldorf salad combines lime Jell Coca-Cola Jell-O Salad. If you have fun cookie cutters, you can make them into unique shapes, as well. Youll start with a base of raspberry Jell-O. Pour ice water into the blender and blend until the mixture is cold and ice cubes have melted. Fold the Dream Whip into the Jello. Fold in Cool Whip. Lime Jello Fluff Salad. The middle, though, combines plenty of ingredients for a tasty, creamy texture thats hard to beat. Set aside. In another bowl, beat the cream cheese. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set. The base is jiggly lime Jell-O, and the top is equally jiggly cherry Jell-O. You can use any kind of nuts you like; adjust the amount to suit your preference. One of the best parts about this recipe is that you can use any flavor of jello that you like! 1 (3 ounce) package lime flavored Jell-O mix, 1 (12 ounce) package vanilla wafers, crushed. Instructions. Bake the lemon cake as directed. Step 1: Using a strainer, drain the pineapple away from the juice into a small bowl and set both the bowl with the pineapple and the juice aside. Instructions. SUCCESS! Satisfy your chocolate craving with this scrumptious dessert. As long as this no bake jello pie remains chilled, it will last for 2-3 days in the fridge. You dont have to enjoy this one for special occasions you can make it any night of the week. Mamas Green Christmas Salad was similar, but she used 16 oz. If youre looking for something colorful and fun, 7-layer Jell-O is the recipe for you. Insanely Good Recipes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. It has cottage cheese, crushed pineapples, and walnuts, and chances are your gramma might have made it a time or two when you were younger. These classic Jell-O recipes will take you back to your childhood! Whisk in the cold water. Easy orange jello fluff salad combines Cool Whip, mandarin oranges, cottage cheese, orange gelatin, and pineapple for a refreshing tropical side dish." Jello Cream Cheese Dessert Photo Credit: www.mightymrs.com Furrs Lime Jello Salad is a popular and favorite dish at the buffet restaurant. Some people like it this way. Hell no to the mayonnaise. If you havent tried this creamy sweet lime green Jello salad you are missing out on a real treat. Light, fluffy and perfectly sweet and tangy, it's an easy no bake dessert that is perfect for picnics, cookouts, pitch ins or potlucks. The Spruce Eats. Rinse an 8 cup mold and fill with the gelatin mixture. They have a gorgeous diagonal split right down the middle, dividing the fruit and Jell-O layer from the Jell-O mousse layer. Copyright 2020 InsanelyGoodRecipes.com Quick & Easy Recipes If you've been searching the internet for the best . graham crumbs. This jello salad dessert does not freeze well. While broken glass Jell-O actually tastes very good, most people love it for its unique appearance rather than its flavor, which is mostly tart, thanks to all the different Jell-O varieties. This Lime Jello Fluff Salad might be exactly what you are looking for. From Jell-O salads to molds to desserts, this old-fashioned treat is the gift that keeps on giving. From the top, blueberry Jell-O salad looks more like a cake than Jell-O, and that makes it much more fun when people cut into it and find that theres a wiggly Jell-O base beneath the cream cheese icing. If you want to jazz it up, you can add fresh raspberries and lemons as garnishes around the rim. This recipe will make the perfect amount of filling for a 10 inch pie crust. container cool whip Graham cracker crust Whisk sweetened condensed milk with Nellie mold (or a small cake pan) and chill . SALAD. Chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours or until firm. In a medium bowl, whisk together the gelatin and boiling water until dissolved. Add a 8oz container of COOL WHIP and green food coloring, if desired. Combine until very smooth. Refrigerate for several hours or until set. Add enough cold water to pineapple juice to equal cup and stir into the jello. It has a zesty lemon crust topped with an equally tangy lemon cream cheese layer. Boil the water. Grammy's Chocolate Mousse (VERY low fat/sugar) So good, light and fluffy! Dissolve the Jello in the boiling water . 3 Mix pineapple and cottage cheese together and chill. This recipe is great for a beginner cook. Please post the recipe, I love the pistachio salad and have been looking for it. When you visit the site, Dotdash Meredith and its partners may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. Add juice from pears along with the softened cream cheese. Chances are you already have everything on hand to make this delightful salad. carton of cool whip How To Make cottage cheese jello salad 1 Gather together your 4 ingredients. Stir in the drained pineapple. With Cool Whip and slices of real strawberries, its much more substantial, as well. Remove from heat and stir in gelatin powder, stirring until dissolved. Even so, its still as simple to make as ever, only taking 10 minutes to whip up. Refrigerate until thickened to the consistency of egg whites, about 1 hour. This is a thick mixture and goes well with any meal. Instructions. She always insisted we had at least one green vegetable with dinner, be it beans, peas, greens, or salad. Heres a list of what you need: If you have never made a Jello salad, you will find that they are very easy to make. Mix cream cheese and pineapple in large bowl. Creamy Lime Pear Jello Parfaits Happy Food, Healthy Life sliced almonds, cream cheese, jello, pears, cool whip Strawberry Pretzel Salad Caramel Potatoes cool whip, boiling water, sugar, jello, crusted, strawberries and 4 more NO-BAKE PEACHES & CREAM BARS Butter With A Side Of Bread Pour mixture back into mixing bowl. Once jello is dissolved add 1/2 cup cold water. Once the jello mixture is mixed, begin to fold in the cool whip until the pie filling is fully combined and smooth. Transfer to a clean serving bowl, then cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. ** Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. This triple-layer dessert is so shiny and bright that it almost doesnt look real. Beat again then . Before serving the pie, slice and garnish as desired. Yes, you CAN make it at home! Prep a Jell-O treat in 30 minutes or less. Nut chips, if desired. directions Combine jello and hot water; stir until jello is dissolved. Make it early, though, because it still takes about 4 and a half hours to set. Remember how wonderfully orange-flavored it was? Add crushed pineapple, cottage cheese, and Cool Whip. It is dissolved in hot water, then chilled and allowed to set. Watergate Jello Salad is an easy-to-prepare, classic recipe. It looks yummy already. Jell-O is more than just a quick and convenient snack for the kiddos. Looking to make the best desserts ever? Stir in cold water. Refrigerate until syrupy, about 30 minutes. . Ingredients 24 Ounce Container Cottage Cheese 8 Ounce Container Cool Whip (Original not Light) 10 Ounce Bag Mini Marshmallows 1 to 1-1/2 Cups Chopped Walnuts 20 Ounce Can Crushed Pineapple 6 Ounce Box Lime Flavored Jello 1/4 Cup Suar (Optional, but Recommended) Marchino Cherries to decorate (Optional) Instructions Take a clear, deep, serving dish and dump in the cottage cheese. The melt-in-your-mouth combination of Marshmallows, Pistachio Pudding, and Cool Whip is a must-try! Theres is a salad at Furrs that I want to make but not sure what its in there its green too but for the taste, seems like imitation crab. Real Housemoms started as a way to share recipes with friends, now I just have a lot more friends! Well, its kind of both. This creamy Sea Foam Salad recipe is perfect for the holidays! Once the gelatin mixture has cooled, add the key lime pie yogurt.