By Elder Vaughn J. Featherstone Of the First Quorum of the Seventy My beloved brothers and sisters, it has been my privilege through the past years as a stake president, a mission president, and a General Authority to serve as a common judge in modern Israel. To add more books, click here . He walked over and said, Well, thats a diamond! Hes come to take me out tonight. And with those words she took all the pressure off and alleviated the problem., Despite his problem, Douglas decided that he had a great talenta great artistic talent, as some of you here might knowand so he developed a business. I went back home that summer and, although there was a girl I was interested in [apparently the same little gal], I didnt go on one date. AboutPressCopyrightContact. He said, Your name is Douglas Snarr. No food in the house, nothing. Official items meant for members are approved by Correlation and have an approval date (like 6/2020) on them (and now we are seeing the new Christus symbol also). As it formed, after it had gone through fog bank after fog bank, some of the inner eruption came forth. He didnt sleep all that night, and when the morning came, he arose early and went over to the Buddhist priests home and said to him, I must find a diamond mine. Its great! Then I said, My-name-is-Doug-Snarr. You just want God to know that youre really serious. God bless each one of you, I pray from the depths of my soul as I ask a blessing upon you, in the name of Jesus Christ. Those wanting a fairly recent taste of his teachings and speaking style might enjoy listening. Then my second brother came along, and I supported him on his mission. She didnt give up on us; she stuck with us. . Ive done that more times than I can tell youembarrassed, bitterly embarrassed, every single time. Yes, I love them. He opened up a whole new dimension of life because he said, Do you know that when you pray you can ask God for things, and he will answer those prayers? I hadnt known that before. These members, traditional Protestant and Catholic Christians are being prepared right now. I didnt think the Lord would be pleased with my working, and we really didnt need both incomes, so I stopped working. We will take you home tonight. My older brother was the only one at the wedding from our side of the family. Theres a crazy man at the door talking to our father. (I was eighteen at the time.) Vaughn J. Featherstone January 03, 2012. In this essay, Iexamine this document to understand its limitations for the argument Montemayor makes. But as we start doing the things which cause the Spirit to withdraw from us, then we lose our ability to judge. Now you dont want to be excommunicated, do you? I was teary-eyed. Have faith! I think youd be interested in a quote I oftentimes use to tell how I feel about my wife, but I want to use it to make a different point tonight. This Buddhist priest told how the Almighty put his finger in a bank of fog and started whirling it around faster and faster until it burst into a solid mass of flame. He couldnt afford a gift, but he wanted her to know that his heart was in the right place. I cant do anything about my nose, and I think if we would look around here wed find people who think their legs are bigger than they ought to be, or smaller than they ought to be. I told a group of Aaronic Priesthood holders out in the congregation tonight, if they are pure in heart, they may . King Arthur didnt want to believe it, so he kept it submerged and wouldnt believe it. Elder Maxwell doesnt know either. If we have that kind of attitude it doesnt matter what we go through, our reward is certain in the next life. We were talking for just a few minutes with each oneThanks for coming. The woman came in, and I asked, You are so-and-so?, She responded, The only reason I am here is that my bishop said if I would come and talk to you I could be excommunicated after the interview. Isnt it satisfactory? P.S. Just keep serving, and in due time things will take place. Many things cant be changed, and we have to live with them. M.RussellBallard made asimilar comment in his own BrighamYoung University devotional on March 12, 1996. Can you begin to understand how I feel about her? We need to remember a great phrase by President Hugh B. 6. I think the answer is just to bide your time the way you should, and the Lord will do for you that which is best for you. You may feel like what we talked about earlier, or you may have a physical ailment of some kind that causes you not to be all that you think you ought to be. What of their pain and their torment? As he pulled it out, he noticed that it caught all the different hues of the rainbow, so he took it in the house and set it on his mantel. In 1995, Iwas given acopy of this statement, then titled AHaven in aWorld of Turmoil, dated June1987, as part of aphotocopied packet with various statements on the last days. Collected copies of the white horse prophecy, circa 19021970, Church History Library. I decided what to do. We paid our tithing all those years. Each of my shoes felt two feet in diameter. He didnt have enough concept, skill, or ability to increase and improve that painting. The fact is that the whole thing is afabrication. He was granted emeritus status in 2001, and was called to be the president of the Logan Utah Temple from 2002 to 2005. I have seen her stand there from four-thirty to six-thirty, nine-thirty, and ten-thirty at night. All I have to do is hear one note of a song of any bird, and I can tell you what bird it is and finish the song of the bird for you. Please click Sign In to try again. I dont believe in a God like that. If gladly youll sweat for it, fret for it, plan for it, So I expected that his promises would take place. What I am saying is that if the Lord will take a scroungy little kid like that, who had to wear nurses shoes to church and had to go and beg for groceries, and if he will make him a high councilor or a stake president or the second counselor in the Presiding Bishopric, can you believe what he would do for you? Anything that started developing I just cut off. The Lord has said, If ye are prepared ye shall not fear (D&C 38:30). If you could hear Douglas Snarr talk today, you would find that he speaks about as fast as I do, and I speak very fast. The driver, who was black, pulled in beside a bus. Maybe their shoulders are slumped instead of squaredI dont know. green tea face mask for glowing skin. Ask Mr. Parsons, the neighborhood grocer, if we could charge these groceries, and tell him we dont have any food. When he finished, I couldnt believe it. Whats the problem? Then they took this girl, after they had the picture of her before, and obtained the finest clothes that money could buy for her. John E. Enslen, Journal Manuscript, January 25, 2010, in possession of author. They raised six children together, five sons and one daughter. When I arrived, I rang the doorbell, and a man came to the door with his little girl right behind him. As he read, he felt as though he were present in the ancient Americas for the events taking place. I guess if you had finally crawled that last few yards and found this pump with the letter, your faith would really be tested. I have a formula for success that I quote quite often, and some of you might have heard it, but let me, for those few who havent heard it, go back through it again. To have the privilege of having lunch with him was something very exciting to me, and we arranged to have dinner a week from this Friday, so my wife and I are going to have the privilege of spending more time with him and finding out more about him. But finally the facts were out, and he knew they were true. We will baptize people in the tens of thousands. He was a poor man. I guess the Lord knew that I had had all the pressure I could possibly take, that I couldnt take one particle more of pressure. Brown: No matter how dark the night, the dawn is irresistible. I want to tell you there are times when that gives me a great deal of hope, because the dawn must come. They had all told him that the teacher was a quack, and that he really couldnt do anything, and that the course was just a waste of money. I shant be wounded and not return it in kind. Ibelieve when the Lord says no man knows, it really means[Page 317]that no man knows. Resolved: We shall live through this together, Excalibur: They, you and I! I went through them, but I could find only one pair of shoes that would fit me. Primero, lo menos importante, pero aun de gran significado, debemos comprender . Ican see temples in Charlotte, Columbia, Birmingham, Jackson, Nashville, and in Louisiana and Arkansas. A man would become mighty, and a woman powerful. Does it always have to be me? But when I looked into her face and saw the heavy heart she had, Id say, Ill go. So Id take the list, and Id go out and get our old red wagon with the tires worn off and the rims worn flat. Ive never been through that. I know diamonds! the priest replied. A bishop from a ward in a distant city came to see me one day and said, Weve got a woman in our ward who would like to be excommunicated., I said, All right. Were proud. 19. He said that after working in Church Correlation for a time, that Elder Featherstone indicated that if he had had that experience earlier in his general authority ministry that he would have been more careful and cautious and circumspect in his doctrinal teachings to the Church. Each of us oftentimes thinks: I have problems. Then, one Sunday about nine weeks later, I had a regression. To work day and night for it, I think that if we went through this audience every single person would think of something hed change if he could. They really care about me. I remember thinking that through, and I went to a little box of shoes some neighbors had given us. Then the policeman said to the driver, We will report this to your company and take appropriate action., The bus driver started to cry. He started in the Mountains of the Moon, and then he went down into Palestine, and finally over into Europe. In fact, he would go on to state Those who live in that day whether that be us, our children, our childrens children, or some future generation will bow down at His feet and worship Him as the Lord of lords, King of kings.20We should weigh both Featherstones 1993 explanatory note and his published sentiments in 1995 when we consider whether he claimed to have had arevelation on the matter. When authors state that items come from the Church or Church Headquarters or Salt Lake one does have to be cautious because that is often a way to sneak something past the unwary or give them an air of authority they do not actually possess. If I really had my druthers, Id rather not tell you this, but I am going to tell you. . Be it sin or not sin, they betray me in their hearts, and thats far sin enough. I hope you feel about that story the way I am trying to convey it to you. I can affirm the general correctness of this article from my own experience. This is a great life, and it is a marvelous time to live. I surely dont know as much as all those people in that other class. This is also how[Page 313]Enslen stated it was used by Church leaders in the South in the years after 1983.15The language in these two portions of Featherstones letter are distinct. Charity is the pure love of Christ, when you dont mind being embarrassed, when all you can think about is the good of the people. 401k forfeiture journal entry 20. 22. And a civilized king. We promise to pay back every penny when we get some money. And then it went rolling off through the universe. Then he said, Id like to give you a blessing also. I didnt ask for the blessing; he just volunteered it. Jeremiah31:34, quoted in Hebrews8:11. I could tell you about some great men who have had that kind of impact and influence on my life. by Vaughn J Featherstone . Blythe, Vaughn J. Featherstone's Atlanta Temple Letter 313 Enslen stated it was used by Church leaders in the South in the years after 1983.15 The language in these two portions of Featherstone's letter are distinct. I know this speech is on TV and will be on tape, and I thought about this at the time I prepared what I would say. There are several copies on the internet. I am going to tell you something I would rather not tell yousomething Ive told just a few people, a select group. Then the pressure got more intense. We cant add one featherweight of burden to our mothers heart. And so wed go to bed hungry. Then he laid his hands on my head, and he told me something that I didnt know until that day. He wanted that kind of conviction for himself, so he began seriously reading the Book of Mormon. What if it isnt for five years and nine months? Finally they even operated a little bit, did some plastic surgery, and may have taken a hump out of a place or two. If aman lives to be 80 or 90 and is now aboy or not yet born, it could be many years after the turn of the century. I am satisfied with it. What the artist had just discovered was that, if he was satisfied with the picture, he didnt know how to improve. If dogged and grim, you besiege and beset it, youll get it! It is assumed that Church History Library patrons would be aware that documents housed at the Church History Library did not necessarily hold aChurch endorsement. For example, there are[Page 312]several copies of the White Horse Prophecy aprophecy traditionally credited to JosephSmith but denounced by the president of the Church, JosephF.Smith, at the October1918 General Conference on the website and many more at the archives.11To avoid anyones thinking the prophecy was legitimate, Church Historian (and future president of the Church) Joseph FieldingSmith marked copies donated to the archives with phrases like not true, not to be accepted, and not aword of truth in it.12This is an exception. The videos creator, Masayoshi Montemayor, makes his points largely through official Church sources, including the Churchs website, institute manuals, and conference reports. Doug said, I cant believe this. Finally both vehicles pulled up to a red light. His family then settled in Salt Lake City when he was five. July 4, 2022 salaire chez tesla francedispensary manager job descriptiondispensary manager job description Every man must be tested. Post author: Post published: 22/06/2022 Post category: wireshark filter list of ip addresses Post comments: difference between mikasa v200w and v300w difference between mikasa v200w and v300w Later on a member of the stake presidency gave me a blessing and promised me that my health would be increased, but my health isnt any better. The views and opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of FAIR, its officers, directors or supporters. All of a sudden Carol came down the spiral staircase in a beautiful dress and said, Well, Daddy, thats Douglas Snarr. I couldnt move. Then I thought that maybe I shouldnt be working. From finding the right means to fund your innovative business idea to expanding a family-run business, from grabbing the keys to your dream car to securing your property for your life's biggest project yet - you've always wished to live life to the fullest. He himself said:Of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. I had lunch this past Tuesday with a man I admire very much. 218 University Press Building MS22631. In one of his General Conference talks (I think one of his first) Elder Featherstone indicates that he did receive a powerful spiritual experience regarding 3 Nephi 11, and that he was an independent witness that the events therein described were true. The reason I tell it in the temple is that the General Authorities can see right into me. I was saying something, and it was coming out! This quote is taken fromCamelot. The document found that there were three April 6th Sundays leading up to the year 2000. By all accounts, Featherstones letter appears genuine. The story concerns the fellow who was in a nice big automobile. Vaughn J Featherstonewas born on month day1931, at birth place, Utah, to Stephen Elvin Featherstoneand Emma Marie Featherstone (born Johnson). I have heard very intelligent peoplepeople who hold temple recommends, but who have been involved in serious errorsay, Is that really wrong? There isnt any question about it. They had holes in the bottom sole, so Id cut out pieces of cardboard and slide them in as an insole. Possibly you have seen many of his billboards. What I am trying to do is help you to realize that you have your own acres of diamonds. I didnt want tolive withthe problem! He gave the whole talk without moving his arm. I guess quite a few people sent in snapshots of what they thought were the ugliest girls in America, and there was a big promotion. One returned missionary who served in Oklahoma recalls having acopy in the early 1990s. A person nearby saw him and asked, Whats the matter? His family then settled in Salt Lake City when he was five. He had had BYU and Utah State University and the University of Utah check it out. He was 87. Under the white rock I buried a bottle of waterout of the sun and cork end up. I got up and just followed the class downstairs. He loved the youth and especially loved Scouting; he stayed physically active throughout his life and was even a qualified professional river rafting guide. Mother would come to me, hand me a list, and say, Vaughn, would you take this up to the store? We are all going to be subjected to these things, but we can live the kind of lives that would draw us close to the Savior and help us to be the kind of people we ought to beonce we make the decision to do it. After his senior year, he had earned enough money in that business to come to BYU. I was looking all the time. What have other recent general authorities suggested about knowing the timing of the Second Coming? vaughn j featherstone excommunicated. He was contented because he was wealthy, and he was wealthy because he was contented. When any man holds twixt hand and chin a violin of mine, he will be glad that Stradivari lived, made violins, and made them of the best. As he did, he saw something glistening in the sand. Finally Id walk up to him and hand him this note, and hed read it: Dear Mr. Parsons, We dont have any food in the house. I give the credit to my mother and older brothers in the family that we paid back every single penny that we ever borrowed from Mr. Parsons and from another grocer that gave us a charge account. She stood by us and was our great defender in those bitter years. I think if youll be a trainer of people, or a teacher, or a philosopher, you need to plant the sweet smell of success in the nostrils of those you would inspire. Isnt that easy? Dont go drinking up the water first. Vaughn J. Featherstone's humble beginnings gave him an intense appreciation for the gospel and its blessings. 10. [Page 314]Importantly, when areworked version of AHaven in aWorld of Turmoil was published as part of his 1995 book,The Incomparable Christ, Featherstone modified the language to state simply, There are among our youth today who will be someday called to the holy apostleship. While his statement was still surrounded by descriptions of the Second Coming, he no longer emphasized his belief that those who would serve as the last prophet and apostles were already living. I remember the story of a famous artist who painted a beautiful portrait. Juli 2022 I closed the door, went over and sat at the desk, and cried. I knew I couldnt start dating and getting serious about a fellow, and so I didnt even look. The perspiration started pouring off my face, and I wanted to say something, but I still couldnt, so I just stood there. Were really excited about it.) To give up your peace and your sleep and your time for it; You swim and swim and finally get there, but when you reach out to take hold of it he pulls it away from you again. Her hair was done appropriately, and they did whatever else it took to make her more attractive. I believe, you see, that what King Arthur went through was a terrible thing. Lord Byron Buckingham said, Make my heart like transparent crystals so that others may look into my heart and see the foulest deed my heart does hold. When I am in the presence of the Brethren I feel as if they can see inside of me anyway, and so theres nothing to hide. With a camel train they went down the Tigris and Euphrates rivers. When I was eighteen my mother died, and I had four younger brothers and sisters. Its something that bubbles inside and starts moving out. Youve been married five years. He was often open about these beliefs in away in which others might have been more cautious. Why are you weeping? 21. por el obispo Vaughn J. Featherstone Segundo Consejero en el Obispado Presidente. Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All rights reserved. They need to hear it.. The letter is addressed to twenty-first century members of the Church and is written with the expectation that these future Saints will have been alive for the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. I wouldnt dare tell you, Ill teach you how to live with it, because you would say, as Doug Snarr did, Youre no good! I dont like that answer. His problem was solved. Genealogy profile for Vaughn J Featherstone. Vaughn J Featherstone God Spiritual Religious "It is not difficult to understand why the great God of heaven has reserved these special spirits for the final work of the kingdom prior to his millennial reign..