Only fair to give you some warning., Clint shifts in his seat then sighs. And on the other side of the street using the building Matts on top of as cover and a base of operations, are the Avengers. Foggy I fucked up.. Outside Hells Kitchen but only just. Very good point huh. It breaks from the forces on it as it hitshisstick and he tracks the pieces as they fall to the ground around him. Why?, Matt smirks back at him. Marvel's Daredevil, or simply Daredevil, is an American web television series based on the Marvel Comics superhero of the same name. EDIT The AMAZING Badfinch has made a Podfic for this fic, available here! Matt groans to let him - Falcon, has to be Falcon, scent of oil and metal - know hes still alive. He's worked as a tutor, an editor, and even a salesman in a comic book store. Hes taken the faceplate off? Both Luke Cage and Jessica Jones are close friends of Matt, and he knew there was no way of getting out of the offer theyd extended. Mr Matt Im blind and cant let them know it Murdock, Matt cuts in and Foggy hisses in realisation. Youre about Clints height, Ill grab some of his clothes. Right, drawing. The man who lived up to his name and made Captain America look sensible in the process., Steve whirs around to face Stark as Matt bristles and tries to rise. He was given an honorary Avengers card though during Fear Itself, where he saved squirrel girl and luke cage/Jessica Jones kid when the Avengers Mansion was attacked. Its not like they wouldnt have noticed eventually that I have issues. He perches on the roof of the building next to it and focuses his attention on the building, pushing all his senses towards it. He unfolds it gently and hears her outraged and slightly terrified whimper as he does. Its perfect., But- Matt. The Black Widow also seems to have adjusted to the darkness well, if the ever growing number of men groaning on the ground is anything to judge by. avengers think daredevil is illiterate. Aware hes having no impact on this battle as Captain America is more than holding his own, Matt works this way through the shadows to a corner of the warehouse. Nat your turn. Theyre all a moment away from shouting at another and no one is even talking to him. Steve Rogers. Daredevil Will Reportedly Join The MCU's New Avengers. It sounds off, the noises of the fight bouncing wrong and a few steps over it tells him why. Theres two seats left on the free side of the table, clearly an invitation for Matt. But Foggys only ever bought one of Matts lies - a big series of lies, but a single lie really - and that is because he never could have imagined it. While sometimes its all he can do to find a bright side of things, Matts a somewhat optimistic idealist - something hes well aware of even without people continuously pointing it out to him - and that means he can usually find a bright side. Please dont let them kill you. Want to take a look?, Shit. This must be the most confident marksman hes ev-. Brutal, but effective as a means of keeping her alive. Hes clearly jumped to the conclusion that Daredevil saw the bomb and panicked, missing everything of importance. I think Id rather the sticks and stones . Even if Matt wasnt a lawyer whose entire livelihood is words, hed know hes only lying to himself. On one side of the street is a group of Hydra grunts, apparently from Midtown by the streets one seems to be referencing, arguing with their leader over his choice to rob a bank for funding instead of continuing to rely on trafficking their would be victims. Good. Im a Murdock, Matt tries to say but it gets caught somewhere between his brain and his lips, coming out a groan instead. Matts been in dirtier hospitals. This this is a monster. Time to see how his improvisation skills have held up. None of which had involved the Avengers actual names. Confused and a little bit pleased, Matt eventually makes his way to Clints roof. Growling at his mistake and ignoring the slight ringing and pain in his ears, Matt presses the other button. Matt can ignore it and the throbbing in his gut, to fall back onto his heels. Which I think is the way to go. Do they think vigilantism is a viable solution to our crime problem? Through various clues, the Avengers conclude that he's illiterate. bishop vesey's grammar school fees. Its nearly too easy for Matt to avoid the Avengers for the next week. Hes just, taking a quick breather before going home. Together, they haul him to his feet. Matts main police contact as Daredevil, much to the mans displeasure, is Brett Mahoney. I can hear you, you know, Matt snaps. Well, SHIELDs not exactly paying them a wage now, Matt says with a crooked smile. Not sure if I still have the right to call you Mike.. That I am. He fumbles in his pocket for a moment before pulling out a - Matt sniffs - phone. Peter Parker, Matt Murdock and Wade Wilson all have a few things in common. Sticks and stones may break my bones but words but words but words. Used to the sound of doubt, he pushes off the bed and stumbles as the pain hits him, feeling as if hes walked into a brick wall. Oh and this will bring up a picture of the word because Ive heard thats a way people learn. Matt nods to himself. Grimacing at the thought, Matt gathers himself. Pretty sure to this day DD is still a card carrying member. Im going in after the hostages, Matt declares. If it wasnt for the weapons he can occasionally hear clicking or shifting around, Matt would have already gone in. And sits there. Elektra Natchios, Marvel's newest Daredevil, has spent much of the past few years trying to make up for her past as an assassin . They end up in a tangle of limbs on Foggys floor but hey, Matts through the window and inside so hell give Foggy the victory hell probably want here. This place is known as where the one and only Avengers Tower is located containing the Avengers themselves. They think you'reilliterate. And nearly drops to his knees at the alarm siren that rings out. Why should I have trusted you?. A good disguise, if Matts honest, for a secret Nazi-death cult. But this is something to deal with later. The importance of licensed comics to Marvel's history can't really be overstated . Like you need fixing.. The Avengers think Matt cant read. There isn't a "Sins Past" or "One More Day" where it's majorly dislike when it comes to . If you could, Matt says before taking off for the nearby roof. Covering the hottest movie and TV topics that fans want. Okay, you really are stubborn. Where are you? the Black Widow asks. But then again, it might have just been a lucky punch, as his next attack is a tackle in the wrong direction that ends up being more of a belly flop at thin air. I hope it helps.. Daredevil occasionally leaves crooks in the path of police or will scribble down a relevant address and leave it at a crime scene. Are you going to walk out wearing that?, Banners words cut into Matts mind, a crash of thunder through the clouds in his thoughts. Youd be dead without it., I know. Matt turns his head, so Banner will think hes looking away. Like Matt should be incapable of collecting information if he cant read. She sighs. Its almost ordinary, the sort of thing youd expect of a mid-sized company thats too big to be at risk of failing but too small to be noticed easily. Man I mean, I get being fine as you are, thats cool but sometimes you gotta take one for the team. Maybe next time hell skip the note and just do the job himself. Daredevil, there is a chair there-?. And dude, we can help., I have helped! an outraged Stark says. Hes perched on the edge of a roof, waiting for the Hydra men he tracked to this warehouse last night to return and Captain America just climbed up the other side of the building to talk to him. Matthew "Matt" Murdock is a fictional character primarily portrayed by Charlie Cox in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) media franchise, based on the Marvel Comics character of the same namecommonly known by his alias, Daredevil or The Devil of Hell's Kitchen.In the MCU, Murdock is a lawyer by day who specializes in legal defense alongside his colleagues Foggy Nelson and Karen Page, while . Yes? Hawkeye takes the bait. Probably not, Hawkeye., Call me Clint. Theres an expectant pause. Daredevil , on the other hand, has the advantage of more room and time to tell a story. Guilt flooding him, he sighs. Is that it? Matt manages to say over the hammering of his heart. Thought I was losing it for a second there. Theres a smile in his voice and a relieved sigh in his breath. Im not sure what to say. With a deep breath, he takes another step. The Avengers operate on a world-wide scale, so this kinda stuff isn't on their radar. Shell not escape her punishm-. Thanks Daredevil, Ste- Captain America says, and yes, theres that note. Says its not fair he doesnt have a nickname., Well its not, a man says, climbing off the fire escape. The fact that theyre holding this argument inside said bank, with their many hostages listening makes Matt sure that theyre not planning on letting anyone out alive so it doesnt matter what they overhear. Good to know. His fingers brush the bottom half of the page and he pauses at the indents he feels there. Therefore, Matt reasons once hes finished with his damned pity party - that only makes him feel so guilty for letting a few stupid words get to him -, if he avoids the Avengers and stops working with them, therell be nothing to leak. Not that the truth would make much difference. Promise, Falcon says and the relief steals the last of Matts fighting power. 43428 mx 4 1(208.5j 5-114inset45) e51(pbmc/ti) And how youve been avoiding everyone since. Something cold rushes through Matts veins, causing him to freeze in place after a massive flinch. His writing has been featured at ESPN.com, the Los Angeles Times, About.com, the Huffington Post and Gizmodo. Okay, here. Before Matt can voice a protest, Stark tugs the tablet from his hands and taps at it, unlocking it with a click. Leave the mask on until you get to the street and you should be okay.. At two in the morning? Right, Foggys always been able to see through Matts bullshit. And Foggys always been able to read him. Mr Daredevil is conscious and attempting to leave his bed.. Its not like he can say that yes, he can read so long as the letters are raised, handwritten or braille? Even though he has yet to join the Avengers in the MCU, Daredevil worked alongside the team multiple times in the comics. While we've done our best to make the core functionality of this site accessible without javascript, it will work better with it enabled. Youre not saying you do?, I have to. Realising what hes said, Matt hastily adds, I give out my number a lot for work. Theres at least a hundred kilos of TNT here and a ticking noise., Got a timer? Stark cuts in. Good. But it's not hard to figure out youre ah. I cant read a screen. This was an impromptu thing. Stark is by the bar with a glass of whiskey in hand, Clint is perched on top of it, and Falcon is behind it, pouring himself a drink by the scent of the open bottle of vodka. If theres a new gang in town, Matt wants to know now. Blood falls with him, from the shoulder of the man whose hand was an inch from his throat. Eileen Gonzalez: : Hm, yeah, you'd think he would try to get into the plane and smash the equipment rather than blowing everything up, Aries presumably included. Its okay, Matt lies. Thats okay. Another. One of the Hydra grunts must notice the fleeing hostages because he starts to make his way towards the door. If she thinks he was going for the alarm and missed Oh. Natasha Romanov (Marvel) Daredevil Meets the Avengers. Point, Stark says, pointing at Matt with the hand not opening the briefcase. Just look. They were on the desk and I grabbed them and got out of there in case well.. Eileen Gonzalez: : It leaves the issue feeling a bit unfinished, without a definitive "the end. Here, he says, holding out the phone to Matt, what do you think? Matts half sure the phones screen is facing him but it doesnt matter because he cant read it. Sergeant Johnson. Banner with his deep heartbeat is sitting on one of the armchairs, while the perfumed Black Widow has the other. Disbelieving silence greets Matts words. What people think of him doesn't matter . Much., And I count as a loose cannon? Matt says, unable to keep the defensiveness out of his voice. Just a rumour.. But while Matt may have been able to turn down Captain America, he had no such luck with Luke Cage and Jessica Jones. Foggy doesnt even let Matt get past two knocks on his window before hes opening it and trying to help Matt through. Though maybe Matts reading too much into it. I just I have something to say and then Ill go., Matt turns to face him, an eyebrow raised. Complete. Because I can tot-, Tony, Steve says with a sigh. Why would I expose myself to working with you knowing you think Im a complete idiot a retard , because of something I cannot help? Its not like theyre listening anyway. Sloppy. But well hes not one to ask for help but when its freely given it might be rude to refuse. The connections are tenuous at best and, as you just noted, don't even make sense. I am so excited., I hear your sarcasm and I am ignoring it because you will be excited. Hisses fill the air as Stark fiddles with his gauntlets and Matt can smell the sweat the moment his hands are exposed to the night air. Unless?, Yeah, theres something Im not saying. Clint sighs again. Right. These are leaders of various Hydra cells in the city and if they consolidate into a single Hydra. Hes dead if he doesnt. For a moment he pauses and listens to Hawkeye make the call. Matt struggles to his feet and, as silently as possible makes his way home to where hes sure an anxious Foggy is waiting. He nods and slips his hand between the mask and his ear. and one book, 100 Things X-Men Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die, from Triumph Books. Not that the truth would make much difference. Words have no power, theyre only words. Theres a car coming this way and Im sure theres no one else using this pier but Hydra.. But Matts had enough of being talked at. Duuude., Aimed at helping me learn to read, Matt says bitterly. Ill follow you.. Okay, hell have to dodge Avenger patrols of Hells Kitchen for a while longer but thats never been a problem. Probably faster than most things but thats not something I can measure., Something cold is creeping through Matts veins. Overall I think there are at least around a few hundred, maybe close to a thousand, Yes. He takes a deep breath and expands his focus. I got a sudden alarm siren in my ears for a moment but other than that Im-, -fine, Foggy interrupts with a sigh. Tony!. Matts not willing to talk. Care to explain why youre here?, Call me Steve, please. Theyre about the only ones who can read this nightmare of a chicken scratch.. A roar inside as Captain America - Steve - charges into the room, perfume and blood by his side and fighting far better than Matt ever could. We we want to talk. They seem to be discussing - no negotiating, thats a raised voice - some kind of consolidation de-, A consolidation deal. Its going to teach Matt how to read. Its his damned city after all. Almost everyone has been an Avenger at some point in time. How do you know?, J.A.R.V.I.S, Stark says with a wave of his hand. Thank you for the information, he says with a bright smirk and races for the rooftops as the police cruiser turns the corner. He clenches his fists in the hopes itll hide the way his body is shaking with the effort needed to keep the devil down. That right?, Realising Clint is holding his phone out for Matt to inspect the number he nods carefully. The character first appeared in Daredevil no. Theyre silent as they move, but theres little need to be; Matt can hear that everyone in the building is gathered in the lobby and these offices are all empty. , Good thing I work alone and dont need fixing., Why are you so hesitant? Falcon asks as he stands. Hes a little pleased about that. Captain, Matt answers, leaping onto his roof as the Captain closes his book and slips it and the pencil into his pocket. Its hard and his knees nearly buckle again but he makes it, even through the lightheadedness making his world sway. Theres no one around, Matt says, aware of how empty this place is. Daredevil? Not happy with us.. religious interview questions and answers sharleen spiteri ashley heath. Unless you mean fine like, F.I.N.E. Eileen Gonzalez: : Yeah, not sure what the purpose of that was. But youll need to be able to hear us.. He shuffles over, trying to put as much space between them as he can. Hows your hand to hand?, Decent, Clint says, the smirk in his voice giving away that his lie is underestimating his abilities, not exaggerating them. I might also have some files; from that Hydra base last week. Netflix and Marvel promised that Daredevil, a new series based on the popular comic-book character, would be something different. What the hell are they using as wallpaper? Ill know if you dont. Before Hawkeye can reply, Matts gone; climbing the fire escape and darting over roofs. If you can. The archer is exceptionally confident. This is awesome., Its a briefcase, Matt deadpans. So you have a choice. At least this way hell get it over with and he might keep them out of Hells Kitchen. Unless this archer is exceptionally confident they - he maybe? It tends to cut into ones spare time. Besides, Foggy had read the funniest and most interesting files hed found out to Matt. Its not right., Says the man who was beating him up earlier., Hawkeye takes a deep breath then sighs. Matt is hovering on a rooftop, feeling the temperature drop as the sun sets behind him and listening to the scene below him. Luckily, since Black Panther had split off and gone solo while trying to take down organized crime, he was spared when the other Avengers were captured. Holy shit, how are you still awake? Falcon says, and Matt realises theres been words flowing around him since the Avengers arrived. Yeah! That was a SHIELD shell company, used for surveillance. Youre also very good at avoiding answering my question., That gets another laugh from Clint. You should seek medical advice. His words are undermined by the fact hes placed his hands on Matts back and is helping him sit up. Grabbing his bag, he races for the door as fast as his still shaking legs can manage. This trailer idea has been in the back of my head for 2 years and its finally here. Its easier to hear now, from the horses mouths so to speak, than to try and con the information out of Brett or read it in a newspaper later. What reason do I have to trust you? If hed lingered a few moments more he might have heard Hawkeye noting out loud some of the oddities of his behaviour and linking it to a barely remembered observation from the night before, but well he didnt linger. Its f- okay. He does note that Clint is the only Avenger not to stroll Hells Kitchen in search of the Devil. - aimed at his head. Useful to him only in terms of people he might not have to watch out for. Luckily, he was clever enough to find a way to sneak into the place where the Zodiac were holding the Avengers and surreptitiously free the Avengers and then the Avengers just let loose on the Zodiac! He doesnt want anything in his ears. And hes my only link to the men trafficking women out of New York. And for the record? Nothing, Matt says and he senses Steves nod. This is completely useless., Huh, Foggy says as he gets up to grab the briefcase and pulls out the tablet. Feeling guilty maybe? Yeah. They stop a moment later with a squealequel of brakes and are out of the car in nearly the same moment, guns drawn and pointed where Matt had been. With slow measured steps, Banner moves across the room to stand before Matt. But hes already gone, a shadow on the rooftops, out of their sightline even if theyre still in his earshot. He was inducted by none other than Luke Cage and Jessica Jones when LC was the leader of the New Avengers. Murdocks always get up. Another kind of cool aspect explored in Waids run is that he doesnt particularly like all that big Avengers level fighting- being on a bigger team overwhelms his senses, he prefers going solo, I liked it better when Avengers was their own thing instead of "Marvel's all stars". He packs the tablet up and runs to the safest place he knows. Not everyone is. Yeah, hes trying to bond. The Trevor Project: https://www.thetrevorproject.org/ MERCH: https://crowdmade.com/collections/nataliegoldThis video was edited by Cameron Marek: https://www. Groaning, he takes inventory of his body, while reaching his hands up to check yes, he still has his mask on. A split second warning of an attack is still a warning and Matt knows how to exploit that at least. Someone someone too stupid to be able to spell Manhattan. When the New Avengers first formed at the start of Brian Michael Bendis New Avengers series, Daredevil was actually there by happenstance. No I havent. Seen no. But Matt can hear how shes breathing, and the way shes gritting her teeth. The archer? The connection sparks in Matts mind, though hes not sure how Clint could be linked to the elf from the book or the movie - he sounds nothing like the actor who played him and surely theres more to a connection than uses bow, must be like that archer in that book. Be reasonable about this. Grabbing the mans knee gives him the leverage he needs to rise to his feet, with the added advantage of making the man scream in pain; a sound that rings through the room with an unfading echo. This time hes not actually sticking around to watch them get his note about the gangs headquarters - on the other side of Manhattan or hed investigate himself - really. Well that explains the noise. He swallows a growl when he cant find it, realising he might be looking on the wrong side of the door for it. He can smell the faint scent of copper but its probably from the men he beat up. Isgho Votre ducation notre priorit . Again. Well even more out of character than the human trafficking had been. Maybe. A womans scream cuts through the night and Matt cocks his head to track it down. And even more careful the next. Dont remember much but i think luke cage was leading them and I remember a line that was something like you ask me if daredevil is good enough to be an avenger. Matt creeps up on him slowly until he can hear the scrape of a pencil. But if it gets those people out of there, away from the Avengers and their stupid ideas and battles I dont need help, he says just as soft, as if hes trying for bravo and missing. The Avengers also don't come off so great in this fic. 7888 guests Rookie by the smell of the polish on her badge and gun. Or at least, the only one awake in the room. His next jump, onto the ground of the alley is nearly as loud and Matt grits his teeth. Their footsteps pound together in Matts head as he resists the temptation to clutch at his ribs. The bomb. Captain Americas voice is understanding and sympathetic. I dont need you to know, or to say anything. Odds are Hawkeye wouldnt have remembered much about it anyway if not for what came next. Tony take off now. Stark is in the air a moment later. I am fine. He tries to give Foggy a reassuring smile but can feel how brittle it is. And through the chorus of pained cries and creaking, snapping bones, a calm, soft voice to go with the firm, steady hands at his throat. They say when you assume you make an ass of you and me. Theyre a Midtown cell of Hydra and theyre much smaller than the one you helped me with. Got it. Dont be embarrassed. Hes a Murdock though. Matts vaguely something about that, even as he ducks out of sight of Iron Man for the third time tonight, hiding near a boiler so if Stark has some kind of heat signature detector or whatever, he wont see Matt. Five? Hasnt he been here before? Hes out the door and on the neighbouring roof before Captain America can even word a comeback. Brian Cronin: I don't think he planned it out as well as he could have. Room is empty but theres a deep heartbeat just outside, theres a taste of copper coming from the bin in the corner meaning his wounds were treated here, and hes certain hes never going to get the scent of disinfectant out of his nose. But he's not a regular. The Man Without Fear has always been more of a solo act, but there came a time when even Daredevilhad to assemble alongside the Avengers. Clint doesnt seem to notice and shrugs. In his tenure with the team he wasn't really used much and was mostly wallflower in all honesty. Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me. He can hear the groan and creak of old ships in his ribs but only one or two are grinding. Hydra is actually robbing a bank? Stark says, confusion in his voice. Come be my hero. by Roy Thomas, John Buscema and Tom Palmer, the Avengers had agreed to split up, with Cap, Iron Man, Thor and Quicksilver going after the supervillain organization known as Zodiac, Black Panther taking on organized crime by himself and Vision, Scarlet Witch and Goliath go with a new hero, Red Wolf, to try to stop the old Avenger foe, Cornelius Van Lunt, from driving Red Wolf's people off of their land. We have a problem, he says. ' So this has nothing to do with the fact you may or may not have fought aside the Avengers, people so moronic they both think you cant read and seem to think that matters?. Tonight this woman is so far as tight lipped as her counterparts and Matts continuing to beat her, regardless of the grating feeling in his soul every time a punch lands. Why would I leave a note for police knowing Id be mocked and ridiculed for it and that they wouldnt act on it immediately because of your rumors? At this point in Marvel Comics, the question should be: Which chacacter hasn't been an Avenger? Good symbol. Well, its bad news for Hells Kitchen. Ranking Daredevil Comic Runs. And another. Okay then. His traitorous legs manage only wobbling steps but maybe thatll do. Eileen Gonzalez: : Those are great points. And voila, he says, holding out something flat. Theres no space for him to attack, no time for him to think, and hes sure hes only avoided any fatal hits because of his abilities. It sets Matts teeth on edge. Ill answer to Mike if you have to, Matt drawls, to match Ha-Clints relaxed tone. How long has he been fighting? With your senses?, Matt sighs. Should be.. Ah, that makes a lot of sense, Falcon says and Matt resists the urge to bristle. Um, any pain or headache or anything? Somehow, Foggy always cuts to the heart of an issue. The grip they have on him tightens and he barely swallows his panicked whine. What have you got there?, Matt holds out the papers. On my way.. junio 16, 2022 . Matt nods and moves to crouch by the edge of the roof. Bit of trouble two blocks away. Ah, do you know our names or our, Captain America sighs, media given code names?, That gets a surprised sounding huff from Hawkeye. The second arrow is in the air nearly before Matt turns around. Steve. Silence drops over the room, smothering and heavy. Daredevil finally assembles alongside Earth's Mightiest in New Avengers #16 by Bendis and Mike Deodato as the HYDRA forces and the Red Skull's daughter, Sin, march on the streets of New York. Sam can you drop Clint and Nat on the roof before you go?. He cocks his head at her. Jarvisll let you in, you can even bring the mask. Before Matt can gather his wits for a reply or a thought, Stark opens the briefcase. Its Hydra alright, Captain America whispers as the car - probably a van - pulls up. Hes pretty sure hes the only person here getting the full story. Matts breathing picks up as a man calls for silence in the room, getting it instantly. It takes all of a minute for him to open it and duck inside, down the stairs carefully into an empty room. Im not usually one for loud and flashy, Matt warns. Every limb is heavy, begging him to keep falling and rest on the floor. card as a thanks for what hed done. Brian Cronin: Yeah, it didn't really go anywhere. Who then complains to Foggy about damned vigilantes thinking Im their, I dont know, Jim Gordon or something., something Foggy finds hilarious. Nothing that can be improved as of now., Every head in the room turns to look at him as she steadies her spine. A comm piece. Okay, folks, join us next time as we start our discussion of Avengers #83 and the bizarre introduction of Valkyrie and the Lady Liberators. Say it then.. Forget walking, I wanna know his secret as to how hes awake, Clint says. So he locks his knees and moves out of the way of a kick. Bookish Matt Murdock pushes a man clear of an oncoming truck but is blinded when he lands in an unknown radioactive substance. Oh man this is a StarkLet . I thought I asked you to stop helping., You did. Theres guilt in every inch of Steves body; from the way hes holding his shoulders to the soft breaths hes taking. They are nothing. Heheard every moment of it. Side benefit. Look, youre swaying. Still no signs of life in the warehouse but hes certain theyll be here tonight. Hes had worse. He turns to Clint. Brian Cronin: I'm totally down with Thor being willing to do it. Still, Murdocks dont stay down and the groans and cracks of the fighting are dying down. Necessary break time. Okay. Locking Fisk in prison is, at best, a .