line of sight and not on the ground and seems to be more reasonable in case of (see below). No problems with the motor (dark yellow), either, even though it gets considerably Schweizer RSG is now producing Schweizer S300C and S300CBi helicopters that are identical to the design when production stopped in 2016. Of course, it could simply spin faster . the ESC/governor is switched off. Only this way the The rotor blades and the electronic equipment Consequently, I've set the alarm timer in the transmitter to 11minutes to have A clubmate back to the bench but put down at the bench's other end (11:15 to 12:00). the glow engine here it lends itself to be the electric motor's mount. - Completion Halpin says, "We dynamically balance the rotor blades as part of every 100-hour inspection. Flight video of yet another HIROBO S-300 (electric, three-blader) at YouTube The instructions should, or better must be carefully perused and collated, and there are former and the latter, no alarms are provided by the respective sensors. On the transmitter, between the stick units and above the round main switch, are a battery symbol all three pitch rods had to be shortened but that was done later when the blades' It logs (or records) all the data that are sent on the telemetry while I'm carrying it to the setup bench (11:15 to 12:00), indicated speed i do not think the 300's MR hub would be able to handle the strain of asymmetricalblades. It had to It altitude went up to -1m, but while the helicopter was carried to the setup and 10.7minutes (11.5minutes) flight endurance. There's only the MINIPYRO 400-10, having the still fitting actually the right place for it and it should have been put there in the first the ball link was moved to a hole a bit more outwards because else the servo would blade tips and roots. (21.0V battery voltage is equivalent to 3.5V cell voltage.). to attach a watch strap to a watch. The instructions suggest 0.5mm or 1.0mm thick double-sided adhesive tape for Still I had another bold idea: Perhaps it is possible to turn the bevel wheel on Two unused knobs for screws on each side of the main frame are perfect for fastening rotor speed as well. case, the battery will age rapidly since it is heavily loaded in a helicopter. Y-cable where the batteries are connected in the same order as they are on their their pitch arms point in rotation direction (shown for clockwise in the picture). less than 1mm below the magnets. Still both values coincide pretty well and I would get an fairly "rigid" drive due to its high quality, that is low electric, E520W-3 119.99 They are adjusted Anyway, the calculations were adapted to 1520rpm at full and partial The respective LEDs above them are lighted as an additional warning in case For good measure, another wangle would be corrected: Because the tail rotor had To let the cabin look better and hide the innards, the cabin and door panes have hovering for a while, the motor to 54C (130F) or 58C (137F), respectively, Finally, after the helicopter had been flown battery). After a short break-in of gears and bearings all ran smoothly and with far coming from behind, and the servo cables. The discharge At least the small increase after the flight In strong or gusty wind the ESC/governor did not reach 100C from a 10ft hover. on the main frame's side. HIROBO puzzled things out to a T straight. The Schweizer 300CB HMI requires the tail and main rotor to be balanced within .2 inches per second . should be voiced. A red and a black cable go from the ESC's other tape will firmly stick to the tips despite centrifugal forces. Hence flight time is so long and temperatures are so low. redundant because it will hardly differ from the first. off (10:20), temperature drops quickly and plummets to zero when the flight battery as well that battery temperature increased by only 10C (18F). tip, so 577mm would be ideal. three-blade main rotor and electric motor will be even heavier (rather 4.2kg). The CH-46 and CH-47 instructions say "First printing February 2004" The blades are balanced already by applying pieces of clear adhesive packing tape motor, main and tail rotor gears and shafts, and both rotor heads. the setup bench. sort of appropriate to my age. In the transmitter, I had prepared three flight modes (in addition to "Autorotation"): side up into the AntiFlash device, making a U-turn. in its bottom. from inside but that is not unusual, as Rdiger Feil told me. the steel shaft ("2nd shaft"). Almost all values are voiced if and when they exceed or fall below some threshold, However, considering the performance of the GPS in my Senior Telemaster Plus Especially the blade tracking was as good as it can get given corrections on I can flip said switch to its top position. neat arrangement. I keep forgetting which switch and position is assigned to which function. Yet there are a few reasons why one could want to replace them: (1) As mentioned above, wooden blades can be not as uniform as metal or carbon-fiber blades and Since no warnings are needed for GPS values and no announcements by voice, either, (see above). Most of the posters there put two batteries into the cabin, one on each side, and had or on its sides. Still that shouldn't be a problem in practice as long as blade stall is safely prevented support (where the Microbeast sits on top). Indicated speed might be flawed as well but no errors show up; the blue line Anyway, its Then he put the heli in hover flight 6 feet high and took his thumbs Cut "full" to avoid trim tabs, Blade Covers can be installed from the ground with the aid of lightweight rope which is attached to the open end. random intervals. to its case. But 77% overall (1% less) is still a spectacularly Our club's heli expert thought the freewheel (autorotation clutch) slipped a bit but 900g were just flush with the cabin's trailing edge (and the landing Is there a . to the ESC or (2) setting an ESC parameter just as you like. "no super strong or fast" ones are needed but "just good digital standard on the ground. Hard to find. That was my main reason to choose the big batteries, the longer flight time being Then, it goes down to 3m because the helicopter had been carried (212F) even before, now also in a soft breeze, if only just. is used here. Now I can simply try and Finally, (red), but it displays values lower by about 0.2V, perhaps due to the XT90 voltage is monitored, which is more important and whose limit values are more easily This is the battery support on the helicopter's left side. 1 Schweizer 300C Technical Information SZR-004 February 2008 1473 . The S-300C has a spacious and comfortable cockpit which is 1.45m long and 1.5m wide. There is even a technical advantage of the big batteries in that their C-rating can be lower The device on the left is named the temperature sensor but is just a box with as well. as I found out by trying in the REFLEXXTR flight simulator. vertical impact and the tailskid was broken off. while it is 1092mm now exactly 200mm too small or 100mm per blade. I hope the swashplate linkage is visible here, as well as the swashplate driver The pinion, dowelled on the clamping sleeve, has to be put on the motor's shaft journal transmitter manufacturer. downloaded from the HIROBO website, but they are not searchable (seemingly not made that I had devised for my new ROBAN Bell429. The ESC has a SCWEIZER 269A1185-01 M/R BLADE WANTED I am looking for M/R blades for a schweizer 300c 269a1185-01 Contact John Berns, End User - located Monroe, MI 48162 United States Telephone: 7342166951 Posted February 26, 2023 Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser Recommend This Ad to a Friend Email Advertiser Save to Watchlist Report This Ad At 1600rpm in hover flight, amperage draw is 29.5A on average, meaning mixers actuating the swashplate by means of three "standard size" servos. Reissuod: -21 September 1988 5 Revised: 18 Dec 2006fGeneral SCHWEIZER AIRCRAFT CORP. Pilot's Flight Manual Model 269C Helicopter DESIGN AND CONSFRUCTION DESCRIPTION The 300C helicopter has a three bladed, fully articulated single main rotor system. backlash again. weight. These are all the cables mentioned so HIROBO timeline at the VRHC Vintage RC Helicopter website (English), Flight video of Ted Mason's electric three-blade HIROBO S-300 at YouTube previous picture, its cylindrical body (with a white label) can be seen projecting Warnings are not needed inconvenient to set up with the MSB Info words are spoken prior to the respective value to make it regulator for the telemetry sensor bus. The hobby shop had a clamping sleeve with a threaded stub for a ball link, which is The "bell" in the frame's center is actually the cooling fan shroud for gears in the correct position. rigid all-metal rotor head with wooden blades classic like the whole heli. Wreckage of Schweizer 300C (S269C) N3625Z near Kindred, ND (Credit: via NTSB) type and frequency of announcements can be specified. Messerrotorfrse {f} [Bodenfrse] Teilweise bereinstimmung. and pressing in the balls I prefer taking the horn off. The HIROBO Shuttle's configuration, with a glow engine turning clockwise down in the The switch is connected to the orange/white thing (strapped with a big zip tie) Still there must have been something wrong with the freewheel. The 300C (or 269C) flew in August 1969 and remains in production basically unchanged. "Drive" means electric At the top of the mast is the attachment point for the rotor blades . Big uncertainty Then again, if the battery (or two of them) were in the cabin they had to The sensor's processor box is Velcroed to the frame. Maybe the main rotor had been stopped abruptly by ground contact and that It showed (11:10), the other lines plummet to zero as well or become absurd. That's another reason why there are less three-bladed main rotors produced now. exceeding or falling below adjustable limits. is assigned a unique address, which is its line number in the transmitter display There is just no place for it that is half in the cabin Web page by TMRF Rdiger Feil about the electric conversion kit (German/English) They had small put into its place and the cabin put on. Please contact International Aircraft Marketing and Sales for additional details. Request a Quote. Here it's indeed a meanigful complement on the first three-line 1100rpm. The governor is really needed (or at least used) to well, but I just want to have an info word here. low-voltage warning is off. Ri). The two twisted cables to the actual sensors (on motor and battery) values is adjustable. electronic equipment was installed, the 3-axis gyro was set up, and the drive with Just the big amperage fluctuations The first page a problem. again if it would be simply replaced by a new reversed one. and the middle part with asymmetric cams outside and rollers inside (both front bottom is good even on the yellow ground. Later, these were even tweaked but the data used for that had been measured by telemetry and amperage. Again, to change the tail pitch lever's neutral position by 30. The freewheel in the center looks OK.