Others do paid-for content with brands. 2023 Master of Malt. We want you to be 100% happy with your order and it is our aim to ensure that all products supplied to all customers arrive in perfect condition. Deserves all the hype that surrounds it. So lovely. Already has a creamy and viscous effect on the nose. Hammer price: $25,815. Cucumber water. Springbanks gentle giant. American. Heres hoping it continues to last.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[336,280],'scotchnoob_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_2',133,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-scotchnoob_com-medrectangle-4-0'); Nose: Green apple, lime juice, juicy green pear. Registered in England and Wales (Company No. The peat influence is immediately apparent on the nose, along with initial medicinal and aniseed notes from the Bourbon maturation. My first Campbeltown malt, actually different, yet not fully rewarding. Sold on: February 6th at Whisky Auctioneer. Oh what a pleasant surprise. These conditions apply to the use of this website of Whiskybase.com. On the nose, this remarkable whisky is extremely aromatic. Citrus fruits., Excellent length for the ABV. WebA mid-2017 release of 12 year old cask strength single malt from the spectacular Springbank distillery in the Campbeltown region. Slightly aqueous, lemon paste. An unmistakable Sherry influence presents itself from the beginning, with rich notes of date syrup and raisins kicking off this full-bodied dram. It will be the first Cambeltown single malt in the collection. Long finish. Orange, cherry pit, burnt grass, orange peel, acidity of lemon juice, lots of tannins, candy, ginger. From that experience, I didnt touch another drop of Springbank for nearly four years. Glad I got 1 before it sold out . Springbank 1919 50 year old. At the beginning, a certain freshness. The use of hyperlinks to (any page of) the website of Whiskybase B.V. is only allowed with prior written consent of Whiskybase B.V.. Whiskybase B.V. will not allow any hyperlink to (any page of) her website if the content, image or reputation of the host website is irreconcilable with the name, reputation, services or products of Whiskybase B.V. or the content of this website, in the opinion of Whiskybase B.V. Whiskybase B.V. respects the privacy of all users of this website and ensures that personal information provided to Whiskybase B.V. by email and/or by contact form, will be treated confidentially and in conformity with the Dutch Privacy Law (Wet Bescherming Persoonsgegevens). Delectable, but with limited peat presence. Thank you!Well let you know when this product is back in stock. Aged 10 years (It even says it on the bottle! Following a brief mothballing between 1979 and 1987, upon the reopening the decision was taken to cease all sales to the blending industry and focus on its single malt sales. Long and balanced finish, keeps my stomach quite warm for a while. Creating duplicate accounts (split personality is not a good reason.). Colour: Dull gold Nose: Orange syrup, ripe red apples, anise, guava, fresh oak and walnuts. The nose is mineral, gently peated and salty with notes of metal, sweet malt, vanilla desert along with sea salt and baked apples. Barley Variety: Belgravia Only a light touch of bitterness probably from oak/peat. Taste and explore without buying a whole bottle. The sherry cask influence comes through slightly on the finish with a whisper of peat smoke. Drying vegetal (grassy) tannins with a bit of resinous (piney) peat. Fresh orchard fruit, orange zest, heather and honey combine with malt and vanilla notes to offer a warm welcome to Springbanks flagship malt. As the peat dies down, I get more toffee coated pineapples and pears. The palate is gentle and refined with a smooth, buttery feel. Plenty of sugar candies and malted cereals. Very easy going and easy drinking well balanced and tastes older. WebS er det tid til endnu en aftapning i Foursquares Exceptionel Cask Serie. It becomes chocolaty over time, nougat and toffee appear, cocoa, milk coffee. Seawater, seaweed, mineral notes, earthy, sooty, faint smoke. Thanks for the note! "Kicking off our Springbank Sherry series is this 10 year old whisky matured for seven years in Bourbon casks and three years in fresh Pedro Ximenez casks. Sold on: February 12th at Irish Whiskey Auctions. 46% ABV We dont want to partner with brands. Registered in England and Wales (Company No. Like the stubborn bull that I am, I refused to go near these whiskies, even though countless people told me how good it was. On the nose: earthy wet fall leaves, moss, damp forest, honeycrisp apple, nutmeg, foraged herbs, dry heirloom gourd rind, pear, green apple, brown sugar, dried apricot, earthy mushrooms, morels, oats, hay, vanilla, hint of clove, walnut, distant smoke, clay, foggy morning at a farm in a colder beach townHoney, toast, strong pear, drier sherry, funk, craft heirloom variety cider, honeycrisp appleNot for everyone, but really enjoying this 10yr. Taking responsibility for your own actions. Dry land, a bright sunny day. Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window), Support Malt Each Month By Becoming A Patron. 20. Knob Creek; Early Time ; Four Roses; Jack Daniel's; Michter's; Blanton's; Woodford Reserve; This is so old school. The malty sweetness is reminiscent of sushi rice. As Im typing this Im enjoying a glass of Kilkerran 12, another Campbeltown malt. The pine from the nose really comes through. Originally intended to be a 5 part series, which would have made this the last, but this is instead now being marketed as an annual release. Denne her er fra 2010 og dermed 12 r gammel Det er et By using this site, you consent to this use as described in our Privacy Policy. In no event Whiskybase B.V. gives any guarantee or accepts any liability in relation to the content, use and availability of such websites. Perhaps on that particular fateful night, we didnt let our drams breathe enough and/or we were still fixated on the cask strength, which we had enjoyed so much. Rich green apple juice, a touch of rubber and peat, lemon peel oil, a touch of salty aroma. We reserve the right to limit quantities. Medium-short, black pepper, salt, and minerals. Nose: The nose offers up plenty of oak, exotic spices, guava, heather honey and soft smoke. The finish grows and develops with notes of soot, leather and walnuts prominent before easing off like the ebbing tide over one of Kintyres pebble beaches. Even more vanilla pudding now, it is sweet but not overwhelmingly so. Finish: A lot of charcoal, but not too bitter. Midleton Very Rare 30th Anniversary Pearl Edition. Bottle Deadline for March Auction: Monday20 March. Begin typing your search above and press return to search. Still the most pleasant Springbank. A little iodine and peat. Fantastic. The water, like all Campbeltown whiskies, comes from the Crosshill Loch in the hills above the town, and is supplemented by a private well from a borehole drilled deep into the rock beneath the town. Otherwise nice herbaceous and the orange peel notes are also there. Vegetable short finish, lemon, orange peel. A leather note reminiscent of old library books develops over time. At first Salty and mineral, with minimal Peat smoke, but then it opens up to a very fruity nose. Then the nose sets in, vanilla, lime, orange blossom. And now Springbank 10 can join the list! Mortlach 12 and 16 yo have dropped in quality as well. WebSPRINGBANK Single Malt Scotch Whisky LOCAL BARLEY 10 years kaufen Sie Design, Poster oder laden Sie ein hochwertiges Foto herunter gnstiger Preis spezielle thematische Raumgestaltung. You can purchase the Springbank 10 from the Whisky Exchange for 42.95, with Master of Malt coming in at a reasonable 39.90. Im curious if youve ever had Kilkerran, and if so what you think about it. Slightly charred oak brings out a hint of bitterness and more peppery spices. A 700ml bottle of Springbank 10 ran me $46 US after currency exchange rates when ordered from the UK (plus a whole lot in shipping, but it was in a large batch of orders, so that spread out the cost a bit). is creamy and viscous, very nice indeed. In simplified tasting terms, this has a similar profile to the Springbank 9 year old local barley, but perhaps with just an extra layer of subtlety (partly due to the lower strength). Registered Office: Elixir House, Whitby Avenue, Park Royal, London NW10 7SF,UK. There is a light pine and waxiness coming through. I definitely see why so many people enjoy the wares of Springbank, and I have finally joined the group of lovers, although I am not at the stage of top fan. I did boycott the brand for a long while, doing my bit to ensure there were more bottles to go around! Midleton Very Rare 30th Anniversary Pearl Edition. Just hints of leather, smoke and wood which is fantastic! https://www.kilkerransinglemalt.com/about/. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Whiskey is so much more than a drink, which is why we love it. The information on this website is only meant for personal, non commercial use. Please enter your details to make it easier for us to help you further. I'm guessing they picked particularly special casks to create a batch to launch the new design with. Please click here for more details. We dont want to sell advertising. I even like it better than older Springbank bottlings. Springbank has a great reputation and for good reason! Springbank distillery has been owned and operated by the Mitchell family in Campbeltown since 1837, and it one of Scotland's most revered distilleries. Fresh cream, pear, apricot, very fruity, some high esters. This may affect factors including the product style and allergen information, and we would advise that you always check the label and not solely rely on the information presented here. A community driven website built by and for whisky enthusiasts. Dear Friends - if you can find a bottle of this fine 10 years old well get TWO ! Finish, I get mostly vanilla and oak and a little caramel. Dry aromatic herbs. I think its valuable, once in awhile, to revisit whiskies from your past. Results converted to dollars using xe.com. Springbank - Edinburgh International Festival 2022 Blend, Longrow Red 13 Year Old - Malbec Cask Finish, Longrow 11 Year Old 2007 (Springbank Society), Hazelburn 8 Year Old First Edition - Cask Label, Springbank 1996 (cask 567) - Samaroli Magnifico. Add tasting tags by clicking the flavours you recognized in this whisky. The saline salty tang gives way to the dry ash smoke. If the price will be lowered for a little bit, I will stock up SB10, SB12 CS and SB15 as my daily dram. We can find a lot in it - starting with more and less ripe fruit, through caramel, honey, vanilla, aromas of salt, spices, and ending with traces of smoke. Very good 10 year old. Thats when I decided that I had to give whiskies more than one try, even if I disliked them the first time. In general, the taste is well-rounded and intense. Medium in length here. Very distill driven whisky, well craft, simple but great. This is the 2020 release of the mid-2010srevivalof the Local Barley range. Characteristically fruity from the outset, there are notes of papaya, mango and lemon on the nose, along with a subtle floral note. Fans chase these bottles in the hope that this year, it will be amazing! This note is specifically in relation to this batch of the Springbank 10 (batch 16/517, bottled on 20.12.2016), which was the first to carry the new design label. Slightly peated, it There is plant freshness, lemon, mint, anise and some fruits. The bourbon influence is presented in notes of vanilla custard and custard creams. Classic Springbank minerality with wet rocks alongside a light ocean breeze. Knob Creek; Early Time ; Four Roses; Jack Daniel's; Michter's; Blanton's; Woodford Reserve; Smells like autumn. Great whisky for ~ 40 , quite intense, no Gaumenschmeichler, great for getting started smoke / salt / earth. It seems everybody I have spoken to in the whisky world loves it! Hint of smoke. Best enjoyed after dinner or with your favourite cigar, this is a true classic. Even when it is lacking, it is still solid, and some whisky drinkers love that risk and uncertainty. Only letters and optionally some numbers and/or underscores. A second distillation produces an intermediate distillate, which is in the neighborhood of 35% alcohol. You can follow her musings on Instagram. Lots of talk surrounding the Springbank Local Barley focuses on price. Riley WebSpringbank 10 Year Old ABV: 46% - Size: 70cl Where to buy? Notes of dark berries, fruit cake, ginger and honey provide a warm introduction to this dram. This, in addition to the fact that the previously named glengyle is a lower budget blend, with a reputation that would have to be overcome. Best value for money. We're working on a solution, but in the meantime you can. The palate introduces notes of madeira cake, marzipan and gingerbread. These days with all of the marketing and media stunts, all of the computerization and homogenization, and the false grasping at tradition and legacy as though they were solely corporate buzzwords and not the valuable result of actual time and actual effort, its nice to be able to enjoy whisky made this way. On the palate, this 10 year-old is both malty and sweet with a long elegant finish. Look Diageo, this is Whisky Springbank 10 yo (46%, OB, 2016)Not everyone agrees with the new livery, but to me it shouts we dont care about the outside, its whats inside the bottle that counts. In my opinion, this whisky needs time to breathe, and with a few drops of water it can open up; but personally, I like to drink my whiskies neat! Our boxes are made of 100% recyclable cardboard. WebSpringbank 1979 / 14 Year Old Campbeltown Single Malt Scotch Whisky. Bottle Deadline for March Auction: Monday 20 March. I agree with all of your tasting notes, and for what its worth I always get a hint of orange with it. There are notes of opal fruits, sherbet sweets and turkish delight, along with hints of coconut. Tarry lemon juice, waxy minerals, and sooty herbs. The emergence of peat smoke in the finish rounds off this dram. Tons of complexity with different notes you can pick and pull with each sitting. Even their 10-year-old tastes better than a lot of its older competition, Raisin, apricot, hazelnut, vanilla, a bit of grain, some smoke, easy drink, then spice slowly grows, a blast of mixture citrus like taste, medium finish , light sweet, very mild peat lingering, Taste - easy drink, then spice slowly grows, a blast of mixture citrus like taste, Finish - medium finish , light sweet, very mild peat lingering. The mouthfeel remains very smooth with an oiliness and a medium-lingering peat and brine. Is it the 2018? Springbank claims that hand-turned floor maltings (as opposed to pneumatic or machine-aerated commercial maltings), while labor-intensive, yield a malt that is better because it germinates more slowly. The below notes are the Springbank 10 bottled in October 2020. Add a drop of water to release milk chocolate and vanilla notes. 2/2/2018, and remember its the UK market 700ml version. Insanely delicious whisky for a standard 10 year old bottling. Handmade do mean something. It's not unpleasant but neither can it be avoided, you certainly won't find this in the Speyside sippers. Palate: A full, sweet, creamy palate with hints of smoke, marzipan and cigar boxes. Whats the bottling date on the springbank 10? Some people like the way it makes them feel fuzzy and warm, when laughing comes a little easier. All rights reserved. Often I have heard that the favourite whisky of a tasting event is a Springbank be it in the line-up or not. (verified owner) May 5, 2022, Patrick WebSpringbank 10 Year Old. I was hoping for some tiny flaws, something shaky, something that would keep the conversation going, something controversial But this palate is disappointingly immaculate, deplorably perfect, and lamentably satisfying. Some charcoal. Because thats how theyve always done it. Surprisingly peaty in the mouth, have they mixed in a little more over the years? WebSpringbank 25 Year Old 2023 Release Description. Atom Supplies Limited, Unit 1 Ton Business Park, 2-8 Morley Road, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 1RA, UK. A pure wonder! Your email address will not be published. Been after a springbank for ages and it didn't disappoint . February Auction Now LIVE, Ends Monday 6 March from* 7pm GMT. 1,400 Bottle Worldwide. Sign up for exclusive offers from our weekly newsletter and enjoy a 10% discount on your first order with the code WELCOME10! My bottle is from the 2021 vintage, purchased around May time. Also, all Campbeltown whiskies I had tasted are superior. Kilkerran is much more citrusy and "fresh". Customers Viewing This Page Might Also Like These Items, Glenlivet - 12 year Single Malt Scotch Speyside, Ardbeg - Single Malt Scotch 10 Year Old Whisky. Unsubscribe at any time. Sawdust. WebSpringbank distillery Campbeltown Single Malt Scotch Whisky The equipment at Springbank is resolutely old-style: an old Boby mill, an open-top cast-iron mash tun, wooden washbacks made from boatskin larch; and three stills, direct fire on one of them, a worm tub on another. Sold on: February 6th at Whisky Auctioneer. ------------ Note: On the occasion of bottle change with the predecessor https://www.whiskybase.com/whiskies/whisky/5896 compared in parallel: At the beginning, although the old nasal something more open-hearted rueber (the bottle was also about half a year open), but after I can not distinguish 5-10 min in the glass and would sign my notes to the same again, therefore 1: 1 taken over. We would recommend viewing/close inspection prior to placing any bids. Denne gang er det deres 21. udgivelse som er en del af rgangsrommene. The first hurdle for many people is the release price, and at 90 quid for a 10-year-old this isnt The citrus element continues on the palate, combined with notes of manuka honey and pear drops. Nose: Orchard fruit (pear) with a hint of peat, vanilla and malt. The maritime influence uncovered in this single malt will take you on a journey to its Campbeltown home. Another factor: maybe it wasnt the best the whisky could have been, as Springbank bottles have a reputation for being inconsistent but in a good way! I have done some research concerning alternatives for Springbank. Offering global delivery and a range of more than 9,000 whiskies and fine spirits, The Whisky Exchange is the world's Otherwise lots will be sold as seen in the images. Required fields are marked *. All vanilla and oak. It has been some time since I last reviewed Springbank 10 year (see my old review here), and since the packaging has changed in the meantime I thought Id give it another go. Lemon verbena and mandarins. Our experienced warehouse team take great care with every order. However, Whiskybase B.V. cannot give any warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the information on this website. The login page will open in a new window. Where a product is listed at an incorrect price due to typographical, photographic, or technical error or error in pricing information received from our suppliers, Boston Wine Exchange shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price. Today it is one of the only distilleries to malt, distil, bottle and mature whisky on the same site, and produces three distinct and highly prized single malts. WebSpringbank 10 Our 10 year old provides the perfect introduction to the Springbank range. The peat lingers amidst fresh fruits - sauvignon blanc notes again with fresh kiwi and gooseberry. Great for a 10 year non-CS, but I still think their best bang for the buck is the 15 year or 12 year CS. Hence, 2.8x distillation. If this is not an option and you have questions beyond the offered description and images, please contact us for a more in-depth condition report. We can find a lot in it - starting with more and less ripe fruit, It is creamy, almost like a thick fudge, and hints of oats come through. smoky. The jurys still out, but so far I think I like Springbank better, which is not to say that its bad in any way. I love it.. The twelve was so lovely; the ten had to be decent. Online Drinks Retailer of the Year Free UK Mainland standard delivery on orders over 100 The Springbank character married with the sweet, rich PX influence creates a perfect winter-warmer dram. They may have changed, true, but YOU may also have changed. one bottle per order please. WebSpringbank 25 Year Old 2023 Release Description. Apple crumble with a hint of vanilla. There was none available to sample that day and we had to go on blind faith, but what could go wrong?! I almost get a feeling of eating a nice hot porridge on a cold winters day, that thick resinous feeling you get after swallowing a mouthful. WebSpringbank 2010 Local Barley 10 Year Old Springbank distillery has been owned and operated by the Mitchell family in Campbeltown since 1837, and it one of Scotland's most To be more precise: Some vanilla, mint, orange, a little malty, a little funky, a little oaky. Mild curry spices, turmeric, salt - the interplay of fruitiness and spiciness is what characterizes the nose of the 10yo so successfully. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Springbank 10 is classic stuff. There are even clubs and groups dedicated to their following. I enjoyed this whisky. Personal information provided to Whiskybase B.V. via the website of Whiskybase B.V. or by email, shall be used solely for the purpose for which the personal data is provided to Whiskybase B.V., for instance the reaction to requests for information. Springbank 10-Year. (although, in the case where you only give us your name and contact details in connection with a review, we will never use that information for any promotional or marketing purposes). There is a sweetness in notes of honey and syrup and the creamy caramel note from the nose persists. Currently you have JavaScript disabled. Andorra CAVA BENITO Av. Brand: Springbank Release: 10-Year Size: 700mL Alcohol Volume: 46% Age: 10-Year-Old Region: Campbeltown Closure: Cork stopper Price: From AUD$80 If youve never tried Springbanks single malt whiskies, youre really missing out. How old-fashioned! Surprisingly comprehensive, balanced, full and arranged whisky for this age (10 YO) and strength (46%). One for your collection and one for your own ! With a delicious nose, this whisky will tempt you in and hold your attention as you uncover its unique palate and finish. And look, plasticine, that can be seen as a flaw elsewhere, but not here, because of the way it mingles with the other aromas. I remember the first time I tried the 12-year-old cask strength, circa 2013; it was beautiful! I detect sulphurous undertones with plastic and rubber; imagine opening up a new toy for a child. 19. The whisky was destined for a wee trip to Lochgoilhead, where a few of us had planned to drink in front of a roaring fire and to do some fishing over a long weekend. At this price you cant go wrong . I'm glad I sampled an undeniably quality experience but I'm happy to move on now and leave the rest scrambling for future releases. WebSpringbank distillery is a family-owned single malt whisky distillery on the Kintyre Peninsula in western Scotland.It is owned by J & A Mitchell & Company, which also owns the Glengyle distillery, the oldest independent bottler, William Cadenheads, and several blended scotch labels. The sweetness is not unlike creamy butterscotch reminding me of banoffee pie. Whiskybase B.V. cannot give any warranty as to the timely receipt or processing of emails or other electronic messages sent to Whiskybase B.V. and is under no circumstances liable for damages of whatever nature, in anyway resulting from the non timely receipt or processing of emails or other electronic messages sent to Whiskybase B.V.. All intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, copyrights, trademark rights and database rights related to the information, text, images, logos, photographs and illustrations on this website and regarding the lay-out and design thereof are the property of Whiskybase B.V. and/or have been licensed to Whiskybase B.V. by the owner(s) of those rights. Boring boring Springbank Mouth: Im very upset now. I read somewhere that Springbank owns the Glengyle distillery, but had to call the malt something different because Glen Scotia owns the Glengyle name. Denne gang er det deres 21. udgivelse som er en del af rgangsrommene. I didn't get the tropical fruits noted by others. A woody finish with notes of allspice and aniseed. Click here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser. Springbank is truly the most complex and exciting of all malt whiskies. This dram is big and bold with notes of cured meat, barbecued beef jerky, clove, mint, iodine, oxo cube and tinned prunes all evident from the Oloroso cask maturation, while lobster creels hint at Springbanks characteristic maritime influence. Mit und ohne Rauch - wie aus Gerste Malz wird Rauch, Torf & ppm Befllung der Fsser Fassgren Inaktive Fsser Lagerhuser Typen und Geschichte Lagerhuser Aromeneinfluss Lagerhuser Zahlenspiele Der Weg des Whiskys in die Flasche Sherry und Paxarette Linkliste Fachliteratur. Whiskybase B.V. is under no circumstances liable for damages of whatever nature, in anyway resulting from the use of this website or resulting from or related to the use of information presented on or made available through this website or damages resulting from the non-availability of this website. Phew! seaweed, ocean mist, seashells, etc. This is the classic 10 year old entry level expression from Springbank. Registered in Scotland, Company Number SC490586 and VAT Registration Number 197 5059 65. 2023 Whisky Auctioneer. Good PLV. You know, Im feeling Im about to lose my temper Finish: Ive just decided to go on strike. (verified owner) May 11, 2022, Nicholas An annual release, our most recent edition of the 25 year old was bottled in December 2022, with only 1400 bottles of the highly sought-after release available. I get that amalgamation of fresh fruits once again, definitely more on the starfruit now followed by some fresh mandarin spritz. The distillery uses traditional worm tubs, a cast-iron mash tun, and employs mechanical rummagers (to prevent a buildup of burnt deposits) in the copper stills, which are heated with a combination of steam and direct oil fire. Palate: Thin but silky body. I get this for $56 at a Fine Wine and Spirtits in Long Island which I think is a great price compared to what the local small stores sell it for.