This is your biggest clue he doesn't want to date. He acts like theres chemistry and no dealbreakers discussed in all our texts. I did try to forget him but he started texting me. He then would write let me join you and joke around. If youre looking for excitement stick with him. And we cannot meet as he lives in another state. I am a grown up and if the guy cannot date like a grown up he is a boy. She insists he is not flirting with me and that I should find someone who is exactly like me. Now I feel two friendships are in jeopardy. Tell him you enjoyed Talking with him and youd like to get to know him a little better. We chat almost everyday and I know he is busy and so am I, but I wish it could go futher. I get annoyed when I trust a guy with my # after giving them an in depth explanation that I am not a texter. no reply as of yet I wasnt even sure if I was ready for dating but I really like him and was excited to meet up, now I feel he has wasted my time for whatever reason. And when I ask to meet he gets upset. Its only been 2 days since date, but Im feeling crappy. A big no-no. He responded decently a half an hour, a few hours, later the next day. I may have suggested hey why dont we do drinks and in a second hes like yeah and well the rest is history. A week later I see on his facebook (we Dont and never followed each other only on IG ) He posted he is in a relationship!? Thank you for putting this out there, Bobbi! Before meeting each other we texted every day now we only ever text as a follow-up after a date or to make new plans. Very good advice. Dont worry about scaring him away, my friend. I would have never initiated the texts because it seems so boyfriend/girlfriend and dont want to send the wrong message if were casual. Id like to see you. Maybe youre talking with someone you havent met and youre questioning yourself. I told him I invest what he invests. One of my past boyfriend sent me oodles of texts but never answered my phone calls or called me. If he keeps testing and ignores your request, it tells you something about him, right? I somehow feel like Im the one doing the chasing because we only get to text in the mornings before he gets to work and the evenings but he doesnt initiate most of the convo and if he did, itd be something like, how are you? or what are you up to? and then I carry on most of the conversation. My dilemma is I really liked her and I thought we had a great evening together. We said our goodbyes the next morning and than I drove home. Didnt explain. So I get LOTS of messages from guys who dont live here. When I searched these profiles there are no friends list there are no posts other than his pictures some of the pictures look like him and some dont but there has been no posts on his page. They rarely work out and cause lots of confusion and weird moments after. Just have some fun. lol jk. I said come down if you want and he said if he did go, would he be crashing? Is it time to move on or do you think he could be just over cautious. In person I recently asked him if hes dating other people, he genuinely seemed confused and said no. ), HI Liz, yes, it definitely does seem to be working well. Hes 4 hours away and comes to town every 2nd weekend to spend with his kids. I do not drive and will not travel to a place I have no way of getting to and from on my own. Should I initiate the conversations? Hes begging my forgiveness. If you dont get a reply its either she isnt interested which on most grounds women are like that; shes busy with work or she has moved on from the date and onto another one. Good luck to you. Initially I told him I wasnt interested as he was only into casual. Do you want him to use your name? I felt like he wasnt too crazy about me sharing a place with another man. I attempted to see if he should move on with a single friend but he didnt want to. I do date other men. We had so much in common and talked for hours. I am on 3 sites, 2 sites are major sites. Im just curious. Last week we met again for a walk and he started telling me about his schedule change at work and he would be helping his son all weekend etc etc. I dont want to push him away because Im feeling insecure. I should say we both had a rough year he finally departed from the ex and I had a disasterous five months relationship where the guy rushed in and rushed me too fast. He said he will share with me in the event he sees me in the morning, and said good night and that he hopes I enjoy my run. Im recently divorced 15 months ago after 25 years . Grow up, my friend. Thoughts? He suggested meeting and I was happy to meet up. If not, cool. But, I recently received a friend request from a man that says he saw my profile. or should i give it a try? At least take the time to get to know me before you assume I want to cuddle, hug and kiss! Another friend made a joke about us being together and it carried through the evening. Oh please stop waiting. So we met up for coffee one evening and talked for hours. I honestly dont know the answer. Yes, move on. 1) If he was that interested in you, he would actually arrange with you to meet in person, particularly as hes so shy to show you his face. He sounds excited to see you, but he always seems to be too busy to meet. Eventually, it trailed off. We had so many miscommunications because of this I cannot tell you. A week later we went on a date with his 11 yo daughter (he couldnt find sitter or something). Please dont take it as anything serious. But I wonder if this is a rejection.. men are so confusing!!!!! All this filled with kisses and cuddling. He said I thought you did not want to talk to me anymore. He seemed nervous that I would not like him and really glad that I wanted to hear from him again. Ill never want to start a relationship again without setting this foundation, first. Were both busy during the day. Me (22F) and this guy (25M) have been texting for about 3 months, we FaceTime often, play video games often, we talk everyday and it's not just small talk, it's conversations & we have a lot in common. We were both busy with school, so we couldnt do much more than text. Hello Bobbi, Theres no substitute for an in person date though and a lot of women today do not wanna have that in person date unless theres been weeks of texting. The problem is that Im feeling confused because I really like him, but I dont know if this is getting anywhere. Im sad however, that the excitement is gone. I think you know the answer DJ. You know the right thing to do is to let this man go and find someone who truly loves him. Hes not interested nor should you be. Now I am still wondering. He makes excuses to avoid seeing . Have a conversation. Hate covid We are in different cities and have been having the most amazing, respectful, fun, considerate lovely and also intense whatsapp chat for almost 3 months while we wait for lockdown to be over, so we can finally meet. When a man is interested he will make clear moves to see you and stay connected. Talking to friends FEELS GOOD. Some of them were not too great and none of them resulted in a love connection. With just ten minutes time and a few well chosen keystrokes, a good pinger can keep you interested for months, even yearswithout so much as one date. Am I wasting my time? How did this go from a fun flirty relationship to getting blocked? He Really Likes You 2. We agreed that having drinks from time to time is good and call it day. We have texted each other literally everyday for 3 months straight except maybe not hearing from him for 2 days at one point. I told him that and so we Skype every week or so. He wouldnt approach (but talks to everyone else). He texts me and calls occasionally. We rescheduled to last night and I go all the way to the resturant where we were meeting and he texts me ya tonights not gonna happen and i asked why? So its not just the guys who are making this the norm. No response from him. You know what you need to know: he isnt a good, grownup man worth your time. My situation is slightly different from described here because I am married, but need to get divorce for a long time now. Im just mad at myself. He is a man of writing, in all senses, and its one thing I like about him. While doing this you leave too many variables open as in: Him pretending he's someone he's not. Angie, the wonderful thing about being grownups is that we can ask for what we want! What should I do or look out for? We met once for coffee and text just about everyday. Although I do want more I need advice on what to do and Im willing to hang in there but I dont want it to be in vain. You asked for what you wanted and he basically is saying nope, wont do it. When a man is truly interested and looking for a real relationship you dont have to pressure him. 3 month after I didnt heard from him and one day he texted me and told m he was back for good in my city and wanted to see me. Just text him. He keeps sending me memes or jokes and when i reply he doesnt reply after that. Have an adult conversation with him to ck if youre wanting the same things. Ive been talking to this guy on and off for the past 3 months. I mean, where do I put myself? He texted me and I waited to respond. Yet I do what to give him space and take not rush into anything. While this early phase can be really exciting, it's OK and normal for things to slow down over time as you get into a natural routine. So i matched with a guy on tinder, he only had one picture and his bio was pretty bare but we hit it off in messages and decided to exchange numbers. He replied yes but I feel like were not getting to know each other, were still getting a feel for one another and it creating anxiety, what should I do? reply #4 BellaGirl 7 years ago You said guy friend. Until then, live your life. Advice? Best. He is hoping to meet me in June to see what happens. This guy has been texting me for 3 months and still has not asked me out he says good morning doll every morning on his way to work , asks me how I am doing I tell him and ask him how he is doing and there are a few emojis back and forth and that is it he doesnt text the rest of the day. Hes just one guy that you dont know. They can be pretty uncomfortable. Or he just doesnt like me enough. He said he started to date someone around the time he met me. I had to mch which ruined the rest of the night he left my apartment unhappy because it was obvious I had to much to drink apologize the next morning by texting and I feel so in appropriate I want to see him again but I dont know if I should contact him after apologizing to him about my one too many glasses of wine He had texted and said all was good but I dont know if hes going to see him again and I want to let him now I would like to get together again but I dont know if I should text him or wait to see if you text me I would much rather him call me on the telephone but We only text. Make it simple, and leave it there. ButI still find myself staring at my phone from time to time. Bp, What about scammers? I honestly thought he would stop texting me but its been almost a week and he still sends me good morning texts and asks me about my day. Again, when a man is into you AND hes looking for the Real Dealhe will move mountains to be with you. He would texted all day but when he gets into the sex talk I stopped that right away, and then i knew he got bored. I am investing time and emotion but I am not sure where this is going. weve been on 2 dates going on 3 potentially this week but he rarely asks me out I even asked him out on the second date. I hate text and think it is ridiculous at my age to be relegated to a text relationship with my husband!! Then he texted after the date. Our next date is Tuesday for dinner I thought I might talk to him about it then. Please be discerning and do not give attention to anyone who doesnt try to make a date to meet. I cherish you with all of my heart my mind my body and soul loves you. Hugs, Bp. I met a guy about a month ago and we havent gone on a date yet (even though our schedules have a Ent match up) but we have had a couple of opportunities to go. Also, hes only ever texted me goodmorning texts like twice. Instant connection and fun messages. And when we meet he is always really affectionate with me even in front of people but via text he act like he doesnt care. I replied, and said I wanted to meet up, and he could text me what exact date when he knew. Ive suggested that Id love to get to know him beyond the texting. Sometimes they hold back because they fail to find the words to say. We shared goals. Close over 5mths, dated, faded overnight. I dont feel that is the case anymore, nor did i deep down. Bp, the guy I know works on a oil rig engineer off the Atlantic. He is very sweet and a gentleman. I told him I had a lot going on and he said talk to me tell me. I never felt quite right about the guy or all the DMing. I met a guy a week ago at a Christmas party. He replyed that he didnt see this coming and he just thought we would meet after my skiing trip. Why did I feel like I needed validation for living a full, beautiful life? Sorry, girlfriend, I dont have Hugh hopes for you two. Now fastforward to 2 months into seeing one another one weekends and him calling every single day until 2 weeks ago. Be independent. Hi Gabby, I think I answered your question in the article. I gave him a nudge after a day and he txt to say hed been busy. Then.. he messaged me Jen I cant stop thinking of us . If he wants to text you all of the time & when I suggest we talk he never said to call . Youre a smart woman, Denice. Ive gone on 3 dates over the past month with a guy. Bp. The second time we set up to meet I went and bought a dress , shoes, nails etc. Last week he told me he wanted to get to know me better and has now flaked on our plans. Voice calls are overrated, especially in the very beginning of a relationship or before the first date: awkward silences, both people wondering who should end the call first and when, figuring out how often to call, when to call back, what to say. Tonight he texted telling me about his day. Ive been communicating with someone by text for two months. We received your msg btw and will respond soon. Most of the time those casual lets get together Ill let you know details later discussions dont turn into a real date. Bp. He continued to apologise but I felt any trust I had went. But if someone is still is not responding at the end of the day or even early the next day, take a beat before moving forward. I think you know intellectually that youre overlooking clear signs that something isnt rightdont you? I also feel badly when every time you invite me I have to tell you that I have plans, because I actually do have plans, but soon I may want to get the point where I tell you I have plans even when I don't and I don't like lying to people. Its not moving at all. He did say I was a good kisser! Youll get your answer there. Im so confused. Am i reading too much into it. A lot fo what youre writing about, Ive seen in my men friends behavior and also in a few of the men Ive dated. Im still waiting for his reply, but I feel like that move makes me look so desperate. I hope you can start making choices based on face-to-face meetings and truly getting to know a man. A co-workers friend asked for my number and I agreed. As a note there are a lot of women who prefer the phone call and the quickie meeting. He works Long hours I might see him 2 or 3 times in a month Hook up. Hi. Then I sent a text the next day to see if he responds when I reach out. Lying about himself and not being able to live up to those lies. I dont know what is behind that, and neither do you. If its really that hard to see each other talk on the phone or Skype or something. There are clear signs when he IS into youCLICK THIS and find out how! Thanks for the texting information, just what I needed.