Ms. Plath was in a cervical collar and was sitting up on the stretcher as she was brought in to the Emergency Room. Olivia said she was upset because Ethan uses his hobby of fixing cars to escape from their marital problems. The Defense also argued that it could not be proven that Kim was driving the SUV at the time of the crash. I asked Ms. Plath what happened this evening? So, we can expect the fifth season from the family in the New Year. Unfortunately, their marriage still appeared to be on the rocks even though they had seemingly reconciled. Anna especially enjoys writing about reality TV shows like 90 Day Fiance, Sister Wives, Love After Lockup, Little People Big World, and more. When we got divorced, suddenly they were all about helping my ex husband, who was physically, emotionally, abusive, who I had a restraining order against, take the kids from me. Kim turned herself in on October 20, 2022. While the network has yet to confirm Season 5, Lydia has confirmed that the show began filming late last fall. Ethan Plath told her that his wife didnt want to see her. Ethan eventually agreed that is was time for them to try something new. Upon arrival at TMH, Trp. Not standing up for her until they actually pissed him off by not allowing HIM around his siblings. Shortly after their wedding in 2018, Olivia began to clash with Ethans parents, Kim Plath and Barry Plath. Though the couple endured some ups and downs during the last season of his familys reality show, it seems that they are in a better place now, based on a recent social media update. By clicking Sign Up, you agree to our Terms and Conditions and that you have read our Privacy Policy. var sc_security="af495448"; The large, conservative family are known for their unusually rural lifestyle and strict parenting. Starcasm can confirm that Welcome To Plathville matriarch Kim Plaths DUI case in Florida has been closed. Amid the news of Kim and Barrys separation, the family decided that they would all come together to visit the grave of brother Joshua Plath, who died in 2008, on what would have been his 15th birthday. Im here to tell my whole family goodbye, she says. They all took part in the family band and wore very conservative clothing. There are various kinds of abuse, and the absolute emotional detachment Ethan has for her, his ignoring her, and giving her the silent treatment when he goes home, which no wonder she's afraid every time he goes there, are all abusive in there own way. After Kim was taken to a local hospital, she was given a series of tests that indicated intoxication. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary". Email In Touch at contact@intouchweekly.com. We learned in the trailer for season 2 that Ethan and his wife, Olivia, have cut off contact with them completely, in spite of the fact that his parents now live less than half a mile away (per People ). Moschetto advised the Defendant of her Miranda rights, after which she agreed to speak to him. Ethan and Olivia arent the only members of the Plath family who are moving on. But if you have to do it, if its the right thing to do, then do it. The oldest daughter, Hosanna Plath, is not featured in the show. Welcome to Plathville fans think that Ethan Plath's extremely bitter attitude is not working for him. Now my life, and my ex husband's life, were nothing like their families lives. Ethan Plath, 23, is the oldest child of Kim and Barry Plath. Between Kim and Barry's split drama, trouble in paradise for Ethan and his wife, Olivia, and mourning the loss of Joshua, emotions are high as the family comes together at the cemetery. In Touch Weekly has affiliate partnerships so we may receive compensation for some links to products and services. However, it seems Olivia and Ethan were able to move past their rough patch due to family drama. As fans of the show know, the children grew up in rural Georgia, where they were not allowed to have sugar, watch TV, or play video games. Olivia Plath and her mother-in-law, Kim Plath, exchanged their first words after years of silence during Tuesday night's season 4 finale of Welcome to Plathville. Olivia hasnt spoken to her in-laws in years, but she wants to have one last conversation to tie up loose ends., However, as they get closer to the Plath family home, Olivia begins to question her decision. The young couple met at a Christian family event called the Smokey Mountain No Greater Joy Shindig in 2014, according to YourTango. Ms. Plath had dried blood on her face and blood in her mouth. Welcome to Plathville is filmed in Cairo, Ga. (which, by the way, is pronounced "KAY-ro"). Ethan responded, As long as Im with you, Im probably not ever going to come back to the environment that I like., Olivia then made the big decision to move out of the couples marital home amid the issues in their marriage. ET, AND GET FREAKY WITH US ON INSTAGRAM AND FACEBOOK, Screenshot: Welcome to Plathville, Ethan Plath - TLC Youtube. The Defendant did not respond. 2023 GRV Media Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Olivia has never gotten along with her in-laws, and she finally decided she needed to put some serious space between herself and her husbands parents. Keep scrolling below to find out. After years of conflict with his conservative and controlling parents, Barry and Kim Plath, the couple has finally decided it's time to move. She said that she has accepted that it wasnt a good relationship for her and that shes moved on. Ethan concluded that "some space and time" is what he needs. Ms. Plath stated that she understood. Sydney Molitor is a pro writer and freelancer with a degree in writing and years of experience - her expertise is Welcome to Plathville, Married at First Sight, and Sweet Home Sextuplets. Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window). 'Welcome to Plathville' Spoilers reveal that Barry Plath decided to take sons Micah and Isaac out to the golf course in their town for a round of good old-fashioned Father-Son bonding. In a preview clip posted to TLCs Instagram page, we can see Ethan distressed as he wants to see his siblings, but on his terms and not his mothers. Hopefully they don't have kids first, because they will end up just like Barry and Kim. And she's never told Ethan everything that happened. Reunited? Are Janelle, Christine and Meri Suing Kody Over Money From Coyote Pass? The large, conservative family are known for their unusually rural lifestyle and strict parenting. Ethan and Olivia Plath have been struggling to get their marriage back on track. We've known for a while now that things between Welcome to Plathville star Ethan Plath and his parents, Kim and Barry Plath, are rocky. Below are excerpts from the narrative of Trooper Anthony Moschetto of the Florida Highway Patrol. When I finally grew some balls and said enough is enough, they sent letters about how they would make sure when my kids were old enough, that they would tell them how evil I was, and make sure my kids saw the real me. With the return of Welcome to Plathville, season three also brings with it the return of family drama, such as Ethans feud with his mom. Welcome To Plathville mom Kim Plath's DUI case has been closed. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. Moschetto that the Defendant was in an ambulance for transportation to a hospital. Of course, the first thing TLC fans thought was they would make a baby announcement soon. Then, Barry Plath started to walk towards the car where Olivia was waiting. Ethan Plath told his parents that he and Olivia would likely be moving soon. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. In 2014, Your Tango reports that Ethan met his girlfriend, Olivia, 24, at a Christian family event. Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. By clicking Accept, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features. Afterwards, Kim Plath continued to insist that Ethan was to blame. Kallschmidt confirmed the split in a February 2022 YouTube video. Weve been through some thick and some thin, and heres to whatever the future holds for us, she captioned a photo of the couple she shared for her husbands birthday. So I get her, and I feel for her, and watching it, I cried. Welcome to Plathville: Ethan Plath's Touchy Relationship with Moriah Plath. Trp. It seemed that Ethan and Olivia were able to work past that fight, things got even more intense on the July 26 episode. Some things even we won't claim. And because Moriah and Micah didn't want to be in the middle, and made that obvious, she didn't confide in them. And at the end, when he just didn't give a shit, even though she was trying, when you could tell that her emotions, her feelings, didn't matter, something you could actually see from him through their entire relationship, because he'd learned from his dad how to be a husband, to not care when his wife was hurting, to not deal with emotions, how could she ever talk to him about whatever it is that she's not saying to the whole world. However, once the family drama subsided, the cracks in Ethan and Olivias relationship started to show. And that made it seem possible that they could do the same with Ethan Plath. In PEOPLE's exclusive look at Tuesday's episode, Olivia reveals that she has decided to move in with a friend, explaining that she and Ethan have been "struggling" and needed some . Welcome to Plathville 's Olivia Plath is not sure what the future holds for her marriage to Ethan Plath. Welcome to Plathville 's Ethan Plath isn't choosing sides when it comes to his parents' recent split. For now, it appears the couple is still married, although they might be facing some challenges. They've found that they typically receive negative feedback whenever they post potentially hurtful things about Olivia. Following the finale, the couple took off and spent the summer traveling abroad. At first, he thought something was wrong with him, but later realized that 'it felt good.' What was surprising was Ethan never had 'the talk' with his parents. Their relationship status will likely be explored further in the third season of the reality show. He ended up choosing her and his marriage over staying in contact with his family, but what is their relationship like now? Welcome to Plathville airs Tuesdays at 10 p.m. Trp. The third-eldest daughter of Kim and Barry Plath has always made sure to follow the rules her parents laid out for her. Ethan and Olivia Plath are looking forward to spending some quality time together and letting loose while at it! "); 1000-lb Sisters: Amy Slaton Baby Gender Reveal & Due Date Leaks. But in the meantime, Olivia Plath is sharing an update about where things stand with her and her husband Ethan Plath. Get to Know TLC's 'Welcome to Plathville' Family. They'd be nice and friendly and I'd think, finally, here is the relationship it's supposed to be, then after we left, they'd accuse me of stealing something, or something equally as ridiculous. For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews Subscribe on YouTube! I was 21 when I met my ex husband, and he was 32. Moschetto read Section 1. Welcome to Plathville stars Ethan Plath and his wife, Olivia Plath (ne Meggs), surprised fans on season 3 when they announced they were separating after only about two years of marriage. Moschetto completed the Consent to Voluntary Blood Withdrawal for Testing form, which the Defendant signed, and was received into evidence without objection as States Exhibit 3.. Three years ago she made the jump from TV production to entertainment writing. There was no testimony indicating that another vehicle was involved in the crash or that there were any other occupants of the vehicle than the Defendant. 3 min read. Kim turned herself in on October 20, 2022. I Iove you!. During Season 3 of Welcome to Plathville, Kim was accused of having said that Olivia was filled with "evil spirits." Talk about tensions running high! It turns out that not all fans like her. And allow her children to be around Olivia. While largely abstaining from technology amid today's digital age, Kim. The results came back in September and indicated that Kim had a blood alcohol content between .161 and .162, which is more than double the Florida legal limit of .08. Mother Kim resented Olivia, believing she was coming between her and her children a situation where Ethan chose to side with his wife. Barry Plath believed that it wouldnt have done any harm. So she believed that it would take something bigger than her, to make things right. The Welcome to Plathville star explained that he had some trauma from his past he needed to work through. So, what do you want to see in 2023 from Ethan, Olivia, and the rest of the family? #WelcomeToPlathville pic.twitter.com/t9wCqSFQvP, Welcome to Plathville: Ethan and Olivia Plath Say Goodbye to Cairo in Shocking Season 3 Finale. See all posts by Anna DeBord, Welcome to Plathville: Ethan & Olivia Head North. Now, I've read a lot of posts on here, and seen a lot of Olivia hate, so I know I'm going to get downvoted for this, but I wanted to wait until I'd seen everything before I posted. On February 10, the judge in the case denied Kims attempt to have the blood test thrown out. Things have not been going too well among some of the family members. While Ethan and Olivia seem to be in a good place right now, the same cant be said for Moriah and Max Kallschmidt. And Ethan grabbed Barrys arm and physically stopped him from going over there. Have a tip? The big move came after months of conflict and continued clashes with Ethans conservative parents, Barry and Kim Plath. We will keep an eye out and update once it is available and we know the specific terms of the order. For hot new updates on Welcome to Plathville, come back to Soap Dirt. However, Olivia did not choose to join the rest of the family at the grave site and instead, stood in the car while everyone else gathered. By clicking Sign Up, you agree to our Terms and Conditions and that you have read our Privacy Policy. They started to invite us for weekends at their house, as we moved 8 hours away, so our kids could get to know his sister's son. However, his family, they decided they hated me, without ever getting to know me. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. (Starcasm was the first to link the October arrest to Kims car accident in June. She told a police officer that she had two 12-ounce margaritas before attempting to drive to a friends house from her home in Cairo, Georgia. Based on his observations, Trp. Moschetto then read Section 2, the portion indicating that a refusal to take the test would result in the suspension of the Defendants driving privileges for a year for the first refusal, eighteen (18) months for a second refusal, and that her refusal could be used against her as evidence in a criminal proceeding. Because I saw him behave the same way from the beginning of the show. In an Oct 5 episode of Welcome to Plathville, Olivia told her husband she was moving out. The Defendant was in a cervical collar, had scrapes and abrasions on her mouth and face, blood on her hands, face, and shirt, and her clothes were wet. Some dislike the way she treats Ethan Plath and his family, while others think she displays narcissistic traits. She added that shes excited to move and have a life with Ethan. Welcome to Plathville star Olivia Plath has had several memorable moments where she has acted like a villain. She knew he didn't care. I don't think she wants to be the center of attention. The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". A change of scenery seems to have done Olivia and Ethan a world of good. However. Ethan and Olivia Plath had a rocky relationship with his family culminating at their wedding, which has often been a focus on their familys TLC reality series,Welcome to Plathville. They are enduring their first Minnesota winter, are looking forward to ringing in the New Year, and continuing their latest adventures in their new home. He didn't stand up for her because of how she was treated, because of how she felt, no matter what lip service he gave about it. Because to this day, 11 years out of my first marriage, out of my relationship with his family, when they contact me for anything, when a sudden Christmas card shows up, my mind goes there, to fight or flight, and it chooses flight almost every time. She broke up with him on the spot. Shes just, you know, really excited, and I feel like that happens a good amount of times, but she probably went a little overboard and Olivia definitely felt that way.. We didnt necessarily give them room to step in and control or give their advice or whatever. pic.twitter.com/jjyNaYdEGS. I had to protect my kids, so they never had a relationship with them. The reality show, which documents the life of the 11-member family in. My life is just beginning. Moschetto that a Wakulla County Sheriffs deputy placed the Defendant in actual physical control of the vehicle involved in the crash, which was then located in a ditch. In 2022, Ethan and Olivia still arent on speaking terms with Kim and Barry. In a clip from the 2-hour season finale shared with Us Weekly, Ethan and Olivia drive to his parents home. He would make big purchases, without caring about talking to her about it. So happy to see you two still in the game!! ago. We won't post to any of your accounts without asking first, In order to view the video, please allow Manage Cookies. Ethan was 13-years-old, it was a Sunday and in the middle of the church. Check out Showbiz Cheat Sheet on Facebook! So, the young married couple wanted to say goodbye to Ethans younger siblings. Welcome to Plathville follows the Plath family: Ethan, Micah, Moriah, Lydia, their four siblings, as well as their parents, Barry and Kim. there was one presence that was missed among the Plath men, and that was Ethan's. Isaac was the first to comment on it in his confessional. Kallschmidt also confirmed that, should there be a Welcome to Plathville Season 4, he wont appear in those episodes. Welcome to Plathville: Olivia Plath Scared to Confront Ethans Parents, 90 Day Fiance: Tania Maduros Soulmate Search in 2023. Even though he hadn't seen them in over 2 years, by his own choice. Olivia added: I couldnt unless she changed who I was. 90 Day Fiance's Hamza's Green Card Status 'Battle' Amid Memphis Divorce. His younger sister Moriah Plath also moved to Florida with them. Whether or not fans will see more of the family fallout between Moriah, Ethan and Olivia is unknown. Though those words were just a simple set of "hi"s, as Kim herself pointed out, "that's huge." Of course, it was a long road to that "huge," jaw-dropping moment, and the family still . I had to bring out everything, all the paperwork, proving I hadn't, that he had signed away every one of his rights other than fatherhood, which he refused to do, even though my husband at the time wanted to adopt them. It is a significant change for the couple. The couple has endured many ups and downs during their time on the show including dealing with family feuds. However, that was not in the cards at the time. Based on the information provided to him by Trp. The young couple started out their marriage with drama. Welcome to Plathville premieres on August 17 at 10pm ET on TLC. As tensions rise and family relationships become more strained, what exactly happened between Ethan and mom Kim, to hinder their bond? The show ending with Ethan saying he was going to go to live in the shop for a few months, and work on his cars, and they asked about Olivia, and he was essentially like, I don't give a fuck about her or how she feels about it. The couple got married in October 2018, and much of their relationship has been featured on the TLC reality series. Welcome to Plathville fans will see their conversation in what TLC promises is a shocking end to the shows third season. Olivia recently shared that she and Ethan had their apartment put together and were buying a new car, and things quickly fell into place for them. Fans are still waiting for news from TLC about Welcome to Plathville Season 4. Big changes are coming for the entire Plath family in the 2-hour season finale of #WelcomeToPlathville, TOMORROW at 10/9c! I contacted Ms. Plath as she was waiting to be placed in an examination room. And she's never told Ethan everything that happened. Ms. Plath would stop approximately 5 to 6 inches from her face and would slowly guide her fingers into the area of her eyes. Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors. They would have been about 16 or 17 years old at the time. She captioned the video of texts from her husband, Gotta love him .. See the Welcome to Plathville Family's Rules, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window). For Olivia, the painful conversation with Kim and Barry is all about putting the past behind her. I further asked Ms. Plath how much she had to drink since the crash, and she stated Nothing. The State called Trp. They are about a twenty-hour drive from their hometown of Cairo, Georgia, and all of Ethans family members, including his dad, Barry Plath, mom, Kim Plath, and his five sisters and brother. McKayla was born on the morning of Phil's audition, and he missed her birth. Micah adds that their family was in a different place when Moriah started dating. Ethan and Olivia Plath are leaving Cairo for good. And she said that Ethan Plath could have handled things differently. He said that he had managed to repair his relationship with Moriah and Micah. I don't think she's manipulative. He has never emotionally been there for her, and she's had that thrown in her face over and over through the whole relationship, where she couldn't even start to tell him how she felt. They argued because Ethan had kept a secret from Olivia that he bought another new car to fix up a new old car while they were separated. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. So Kim didnt want to give in to Ethans demands. Trp. Kim consented to a blood test. I think that its a lot of different things, she says. They recently relocated to a brand-new state and are anxious to continue their new life, in their new state, in the upcoming New Year. Trp. We didnt have power until, like, an hour before the wedding. We dont know if that will happen in 2023, but anything is possible. Based on receiving this information, Trp. In season three we can see that Ethan, although not seeing them often, does have contact and communication with his brothers and sisters. After the dramatic Welcome to Plathville season 2 finale which saw her husband Ethan Plath confront his parents, Kim and Barry Plath, about how they treated his wife, prompting a. While they are still together now, they won't last. Moschetto observed that the Defendants responses to his questions were not always appropriate, that she seemed to be in a daze and disoriented. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. They would send me emails, his mom and his siblings, saying they wanted to get to know me, and when I would respond, answering all their questions, they would respond with messages about how self centered I was. Fans are still waiting for news from TLC about Welcome to Plathville Season 4.But in the meantime, Olivia Plath is sharing an update about where things stand with her and her husband Ethan Plath. I dont want that lady on my property my mom really expects everyone else to just bend over for whatever she wants and she will not do the same for you, thats one of the big reasons I dont communicate with her. Kim made the decision to speak with Barry this week and let him know that she truly wants to move forward with the divorce. I cant imagine how much, like, mother-in-law [and] daughter-in-law, all that drama. I think a lot of it was my mom trying to make it her wedding almost, Micah, 20, recalls. From 90 Day Fianc to Sister Wives, many TLC shows capture the attention of the nation, and the world, as they give viewers a glimpse of the lives of people who opt for polygamous lives, follow different religions or want to lose hundreds of pounds of weight. But watching my family go through all that, it just made me, like, Oh, do I even want to get married?. We see footage of the siblings empty house and of Moriah closing the door on a U-Haul. I feel like you were rude because you didnt show up to my dead brothers grave so thats on you, he hit back at his wife before walking away. After Michael Halterman became a father to two boys, 1000-lb Sisters fans thought that he would step up to help his wife, Amy Slaton, but he is coming across as useless instead. And in the opening scene of the premiere of the third season, now available on the Discovery+ app, the two seem very uncomfortable talking about the state of their relationship. They recently relocated to a brand-new state and are anxious to continue their new life, in their new state, in the upcoming New Year. var sc_project=9095613; However, on Olivias Instagram page, she has shared photos of the duo since the last season aired and they seem happy together. The Plath kids were raised with limited technology, without sugar, secular music, travelling, or traditional education. Moschetto testified that he has been a Drug Recognition Expert, Drug Recognition Expert Instructor, and Field Sobriety Instructor since the early 2000s. Olivia Plath set a quite literal boundary during Welcome to Plathville's season finale by waiting in the car when Ethan went to talk with his parents. Thats when the story broke about her DUI. Ethan and Olivia of TLCs hit reality series Welcome to Plathville recently relocated from Tampa, Florida, to Minnesota. Published 1 hour ago. With the return of Welcome to Plathville, season three also brings with it the return of family drama, such as Ethan's feud with his mom.. Welcome to Plathville: Ethan Plath Faces Off with His Mother. There has been a public request placed to view the order, but the document is not yet viewable. At the end of season 3, Max and Moriah were still a couple, but the two have since broken up. Trp. Conflicts with his conservative family and other issues were pulling the pair apart, and they werent sure they could make things work. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Us Weekly has affiliate partnerships so we may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Trp. Honestly I love following Olivia Plath on Instagram, she has such a kind soul and also takes gorgeous photos. Its hard to say, but Kim seems to realize her relationship with her children might be beyond repair.