In addition to the "tequila theme," it was their handwritten vows that were the most sentimental for the two. They first met as co-hosts of Australia's Country Music Channel Awards in 2016 and got married a year and a half later. Who is Kelsea Ballerini dating? Ballerini and Evans had been in therapy together for years. "I think I was just kind of putting examples in there. In 2020, he was given the Outstanding International Achievement Award Nashville by The Global APRA Music Awardsbecause of his success around the world. Skyler Caruso is the Editorial Assistant of PEOPLE Digital. When did Kelsea Ballerini get married to Morgan Evans? She also opened up about her divorce from her former husband Morgan Evans, and talked about the struggles shes had to go through. Hollywood Life, Latest Hollywood Celebrity & Entertainment News. A source told People at the time that "They've . Their day was playfully deemed Happily Evans After and took place on the beach at the Esperanza Resort. "Our officiant was like, 'Hey, Morgan, beat that!' See the 'Counting On' Kids' Houses, Look How Much the Little Couple's Kids Will and Zoey Have Grown Up, Every Look From the Kardashian-Jenner Family at the 2021 Met Gala, Take a Tour of All the Houses (and Apartments) the Duggars Call Home, Janelle Loves How Christines Boyfriend David Treats Her, Return to Amish's Sabrina and New BF Are 'Happy' After Baby No. She is touring right now and he has been to some of her shows. "There were separations, there was years of couples therapy. Evans and Ballerini, who had a pre-nuptial agreement in place, have put their Nashville home on the market and divided household furniture and other personal property, according to a court document obtained by PEOPLE. Moreover, there was nothing romantic between the two. The "Heartfirst" singer filed for divorce from her husband on Friday after nearly five years of marriage, Page Six can . Theyve Had an Inappropriate Relationship For Months, How Black Creators Can Expand Their Network with LinkedIn. Chase Stokes is an actor most known for portraying John B on the hit Netflix series, Outer Banks. ", However, there was one problem for Ballerini. Its the way I got my feelings out of my body and heart and put them to music, which is the purest way I couldve handled it, sheexplained via Instagram at the time. While she's working with her husband on a different idea of marriage, Ballerini said she doesn't "see it as a fairytale-esque, ride-off-into-the-sunset kind of thing." "I don't see it as a fairytale-esque, ride-off-into-the-sunset kind of thing. She spent her first thirteen years in Knoxville, Tennessee and the remainder of her youth in Nashville. This deeply difficult decision is the result of a journey of love, growth, and effort that ultimately has come to an end., singer had used her social media to share both personal and professional updates with fans, but followers had noticed the lack of her husbands presence in the months leading up to the sad announcement. The exes were married for nearly five years before announcing their split in August 2022. Morgan slammed Kelsea for the way she depicted their divorce ahead of her bombshell interview on the Call Her Daddy podcast in February 2023. Morgan Evans' life was "destroyed" after he split from Kelsea Ballerini. That slot's taken.". Morgan Evans and Kelsea Ballerini attend the 52nd annual CMA Awards at the Bridgestone Arena on November 14, 2018 in Nashville, Tennessee. Ballerina has written a few tunes about her husband too, including Bragger. Its just like fun and quirky and its just talking about how hot he is because thats an angle I can get behind. She admits its not as easy for her to write love songs about her husband as it seems to be for him. Friends, Ive always tried my best to share my life with you in a real and vulnerable way, while also protecting layers of my personal life as they unfold. That's what happens.' Evans also called being an uncle "great" but also "a little bit of birth control.". Kelsea recently opened up about how she and Chase met and the struggles with her divorce from Morgan, in an interview. 'Octomom' Nadya Suleman Is a Proud Mom of 14: See Her Kids Today! Fans noticed during a September 2022 concert that Kelsea changed a lyric in her song, What I Have, to reflect her post-divorce status. ", Its really sad for me to see this person, who I spent so much of my life with, and loved with all my heart, saying things that arent reality and that leave out what really happened, Evans wrote via Instagram on February 21. And I think I just felt really depleted and not understood.. "Yesterday we moved out of our first place together. '", Related: Who Is Country Star Jimmie Allen's Wife, Alexis Gale? She accessorized the fit with a green trucker hat, a black crossbody purse and a pair of sunnies. As Ballerinionce recalled in a 2016 interview, the label rep told her there's already a Taylor Swift. Kelsea confirmed that she was in a new romance with Chase on the Call Her Daddy podcast, which aired on Feb. 22. Morgan proposed to the country star in December 2016, less than a year after they started seeing each other. ", Evans didnt make her wait long; they dated less than a year. While the pair initially played coy about their relationship status, the Grammy nominee confirmed during a February 22 episode of the Call Her Daddy podcast that she and the Stranger Things alum are dating and that she slide into his DMs last year. Kelsea shared the news with her fans on Instagram. "[Ballerini] came in and it was like 'I don't know, do we really want to mess with this?' . The Hole In The Bottle singer took to social media to announce the news to her followers. Learn All About Country Star Luke Combs' Wife, Nicole Hocking, And Their 'Beautiful Crazy' RelationshipAnd Future Baby! The inspiration is huge, and something I definitely couldnt have gotten just by living in Australia, Evans felt. The 37-year-old Australia native, however, is still following Ballerini. "It's hard to find the words herebut I feel extremely grateful for the years of marriage to Morgan and hopeful for the next seasons. "This is now public record so I wanted you to hear from me directly that I am going through a divorce. She also talked about how she had reflected on their marriage and key moments she would have handled differently with the power of hindsight. As the face of one of Netflix's hottest teen dramas, there's a lot of interest in who Chase Stokes is dating now and if he has a girlfriend after his breakup with Madelyn Cline. I didnt know he lived in Nashville, she said later. A source later told Page Six exclusively thatBallerini allegedly cheated on her then-husband with The Chainsmokers Drew Taggart in August 2019 at Lollapalooza. When asked whether hes a fan of the Mountain With a View artist, Stokes replied, Absolutely Im a fan. The two also use their craft to express their feelings. Have a tip? There were about 100 people in attendance when the couple made it official in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico on December 2, 2016. 1, 'Welcome to Plathville' Kim Plath's DUI Case Closed: Fine, More Details, Sister Wives Kody, Robyn Were With a Mystery Blonde: Identity Revealed, Megan Fox and MGK's Relationship Is 'Toxic': 'There Is Concern for Her', Farrah Abraham Slams Mom-Shamers Over Daughter Sophias Piercings, Jon Gosselin Is 'Open' With Kids Collin, Hannah About Their Dating Lives. Its really sad for me to see this person, who I spent so much of my life with, and loved with all my heart, saying things that arent reality and that leave out what really happened, Evans penned via Instagram. It's hard to find the words herebut I feel extremely grateful for the years of marriage to Morgan and hopeful for the next seasons. Email In Touch at contact@intouchweekly.com. She recently confirmed shes dating Chase Stokes. As Ballerini and Evans attempted to settle down for a good night's rest in their home, the two were surprised to see a bat flying around in their bedroom. Kelsea Ballerini and Morgan Evans are getting a divorce after nearly five years of marriage. Don't Threaten. This is awesome. The lyrics seem to allude to his split from Ballerini. "And that no matter what happens in our personal lives, and the ways that life sometimes takes you in different directions, that we're always going to honor the work. In fact, Ballerini was quick to shut down even speculation about it in 2020. The country music star and her husband further agreed that any personal or credit card debt belonging to their former spouse would be taken care of separately. In December 2017, Kelsea and Morgan tied the wedding and have been happily married for almost five years. Kelsea Ballerini didn't want to get married to Morgan Evans. Ballerini filed for divorce from Evans in August 2022 and the paperwork was finalized three months later. Evans released a five-part docuseries about the making of "Over for You," a single that details his divorce from Ballerini. It was an extra exciting evening as Ballerini was up for two awards: female vocalist of the year and new artist of the year. The native Australian was born in Newcastle, New South Wales, on April 25, 1985. He also said he hopes she can heal., Its really sad for me to see this person, who I spent so much of my life with, and loved with all my heart, saying things that arent reality and that leave out what really happened, Morgan wrote in his post. You dont need to talk or post about strength or kindness or intelligence or talent you just do it, you are it, Evans said about his superstar wife last month on Instagram. This is now public record so I wanted you to hear from me directly that I am going through a divorce, Kelsea wrote on her Instagram Story. On August 29, 2022, PEOPLE magazine revealed that Kelsea had filed for divorce from her husband of five years just . His handle is 'hichasestokes' and I just said, 'Hi Chase Stokes. The tracks, including Mountain With a View, Penthouse, Just Married, Interlude and the aptly titled Blindsided," debutedon Valentine's Day. Kelsea Ballerini and Chase Stokes took a romantic stroll following their PDA-packed date night in New York City. The country singer, 29, and the Outer Banks actor, 30, were spotted stealing a . A press release explained that the docuseries "brings viewers backstage and back home where Evans grew up. I don't want to shade that because that's important to feel.". She finished the look with a pair of white sneakers and a green baseball cap and accessorized with a couple of necklaces and a pair of sunglasses. The "Roses" artist announced . "We go to couples therapy all the time," shes shared with PEOPLE. Kelsea left a sly comment on the post in question, leading fans to believe that a romance has blossomed between the two celebrities. Despite coming from two different corners of the industry, Ballerini and Stokes are spending a lot of time together in 2023. I got halfway through them, and she started to lose it, then I started to lose itso I ended up having to cut it a little bit short! "This deeply difficult decision is the result of a journey of love, growth, and effort that ultimately has come to an end," she wrote. I did not blindside him," she explained. Kelsea Ballerini opened up about her current relationship status, whether she would ever get married again and more. Evans was a little more casual. And now I get to do it for life." Chase was equally laid back in a black hoodie, red and white baseball cap, and beige pants. The Australia native released his latest single, Over for You, in September 2022, in which he hinted that he was surprised by the divorce. The COVID-19 pandemic allowed the two to stay home with each other and see each other every day and cook together and buy a house together and walk the dog together and just do really normal things that seem small," Ballerini says. ", A source told PEOPLE that the two had given it their best shot before deciding to split. "The only way I've been able to handle my life since I was 12 was to write about it. This song is the most personal thing I've ever written and the most personal thing I've ever shared," Evans said in a statement at the time. The "Miss Me More" singer filed the divorce papers on Aug. 26. Evans posted the sweetest tribute to his wife on National Women's Day this year. The country crooner, 29, unfollowed her ex-husband, 37, via Instagram. Everyone Practices Cancel Culture | Opinion, Deplatforming Free Speech is Dangerous | Opinion. I was just likeIm not going to get on the apps. "They support each other's careers. "I had the ring custom-made with a diamond I picked from a local designer here in Nashville. "I slid into his DMs," she added about making the first move with Stokes in December 2022. "It's really sad for me to see this person, who I spent so much of my life with and loved with all my heart, saying things that aren't reality and that leave out what really happened," he tweeted on February 21. concert stop. a really beautiful thing for our marriage. It wasn't long before Kelsea Ballerini started making a name for herself climbing the male-dominated country music charts with her No. She was formally married to Morgan Evans. Do Not Sell My Personal Information, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window). [However,] as I got older, I was able to have conversations with them both about their marriage, pre-divorce and realized that there was beauty there, there was love there at some point. The exes were, "Mads and I have been working together now for 30 episodes, and we made a promise to each other before we even started dating that the work was always going to come first," the actor said during an interview with, isnt putting any pressure on their relationship, have slammed each other through their music, had a working relationship before they had a personal relationship, Tom Sizemore, star of 'Saving Private Ryan,' 'Heat,' dies at 61 after brain aneurysm, Josh Hartnett is done talking about his break from Hollywood but ready to make fun of actors: 'We're the worst', Michael B. Jordan admits muscle gain for 'Creed' has been harder as he's gotten older, Billy Bush suggests Amy Robach and T.J. Holmes start their own show after ABC exit: 'They've got something that works', How to watch every Oscars 2023 Best Picture nominee. Lifes too short.. "We're having a good time and that's all I'll say.". The divorce took its toll on both parties as they had shared nearly 6 years of their . He kept a copy of an album of hers after interviewing her in Australia, and when friends visited, he said Let me show you a song from my future wife., The two co-hosted Australias Country Music Channel Awards in March 2016. 90 Day Fiance's Hamza's Green Card Status 'Battle' Amid Memphis Divorce. Related: Evans added that he'll "eventually" try dating again. There was like, many a night of sleeping on the couch, the Just Married singer shared. On their third wedding anniversary in December 2020, Kelsea took to social media to celebrate the milestone. Evans grew up with his parents and a brother and a sister Down Under; he started playing the piano at the age of 5, got a guitar at 13 and went from there.He was in a rock trio at one point, but soon started crafting together pop-country tunes as a solo artist. As of her divorce from Morgan Evans in 2022, the "Legends" singer is available for new relationships. Relationship Timeline With ex Husband Morgan. Married: December 2017-4 years 11 months Dating: March 2016: December 2017: 1 year 9 months Bio. They finalized . "This morning, 9 months and 13 days later, he got down on one knee in the kitchen while I was burning pancakes and asked me to marry him, she posted on social media. They often shared memorable moments of their life together on social media and seemed to be blissfully in love. Its really sad for me to see this person, who I spent so much of my life with, and loved with all my heart, saying things that arent reality and that leave out what really happened, the Kiss Somebody singer shared via Instagram on February 21. Is Every Duggar Ridiculously Messy? Kelsea Ballerini and Morgan Evans have decided to end their marriage. Chase Stokes is singing his praise for Kelsea Ballerini . 24,971, This story has been shared 21,455 times. While chatting with Access at the 2022 CMA Awards, Evans opened up about his divorce. Both Kelsea and Morgan have been relatively tight-lipped following their separation and divorce, but its clear from their music that theyve handled the aftermath differently. "Honestly, [the move] just [is] giving us a little bit of purpose," Ballerini told PEOPLE. Lets not judge bloat levels on the Internet. The couple does have a dog, Dibs! And when shes coming out of anesthesia, hes even the one who brings her chicken nuggets. How was I married to this person for this long and had no idea that that bit of character was tucked within that human being?. "So with love and respect, I'm rolling up the welcome mat. The 'Young Again' hitmaker got divorced from the 29-year-old star last November after almost five years of marriage and his parents have reflected on how the break-up impacted on the 37-year-old singer. Ballerini meanwhile, released her own record, Rolling Up the Welcome Mat a six-track EP that chronicles the end of her marriage and seemingly responds (and disputes) Evans' claims. He accessorized with multicolored sneakers. The internet has been fueling rumors lately that Kelsea is dating Outer Banks actor Chase Stokes, which led to the singer speaking out on social media. She joined Black River Entertainment in 2014, and the following . His handle is hichasestokes and I just said, Hi Chase Stokes,' she told host Alex Cooper, before adding that the two were happy just vibing together. She returned the social media love by re-posting a graphic for the third season of his Netflix show. I followed him, he followed me and I swan dove right in., His handle is @HiChaseStokes, so I said, Hi, Chase Stokes, she laughed. Loving him has been the greatest gift of my life. You will be surprised to know that Kenny Chesney and Kelsea Ballerini were reported to share a "brother-sister" relationship. The Hollywood hunk is currently dating songstress Kelsea Ballerini. ", She continued: "This deeply difficult decision is the result of a journey of love, growth, and effort that ultimately has come to an end. . Related: Find Out Why Miranda Lambert Says Her Marriage to Husband Brendan McLoughlin Is 'Golden'. "That was a really beautiful thing for our marriage. She was formally married to Morgan Evans. Who is Kelsea Ballerini dating right now? We both were in a place in our lives where we didnt think we were open to a relationship," she explained to PEOPLE. "But the second she opened her mouth to sing on that chorus, Chris [DeStefano] looked at me and we both had the hairs on the back of our necks standing up, it worked out perfectly. Kelsea Ballerini is best known as a country singer. Find out more about Chase and his romance with Kelsea as well as Kelseas marriage to Morgan below. This deeply difficult decision is the result of a journey of love, growth and effort that has ultimately come to an end. Their divorce was three months later, in Nov. During her Feb. 2023 interview with the Call Her Daddy podcast, Kelsea spoke out about her divorce from Morgan and made headlines with some comments. Written by Evans about Ballerini, he didn't initially plan to have her sing on the track, but after she had asked him to be featured on one of her songs, he insisted that she be on one of his as well. Upon the settlement of their divorce which was not otherwise altered or amended from the prenup Kelsea and Morgan agreed to a specific set of terms for the separation of their assets. ", It also allowed them to write together for the first time. The Heartfirst singer, 29 who is set to appear as the musical guest on Saturday Night Live on Saturday, March 4 kept it casual but chic, donning a tan and black peacoat over a grey sweatsuit. I think he loved me more at 23. imy, he wrote atop the snap, as the country singer is currently on tour. Kelsea Ballerini and Morgan Evans have determined to end their wedding. I totally get that.". The 29-year-old singer divorced fellow country singer Morgan, 37, towards the end of 2022 after almost five years of marriage. I was just tired of showing up in that way all the time and not feeling like I was seen or matched., The This Feeling singer added, And then I was also tired from like, traveling all the time and giving so much of myself because thats what I want to do to honor my career, too. Kelsea Ballerini and Chase Stokes are clearly enjoying each other's company. She wrote, "Friends, I have always tried my best to share my . " As he's putting out a song about being blindsided , he's taking half the house that he didn't pay for. She argued it felt "really opportunistic" for Evans to release the song before the divorce was even final. She shared candid photos of the two with the caption, Cute couple of days. Her husband wouldnt appear on her social media page again, with Kelsea announcing their breakup four months later. The CMT Music Awards winner went on to say she was "livid" when Evans released "Over for You" weeks after the split and "felt really used in that moment." Prior to her relationship with the Maryland native, Ballerini was married to Evans, 37. Kelsea Ballerini is no longer keeping up with her ex-husband, Morgan Evans. American pop singer Kelsea Ballerini began songwriting when she was a little child.