As for the behind the counter secrets, working at subway is a lot more work than one would think. Very easy job. So, while the job itself may be easy and light, the place may not be child friendly. Therefore, the minimum age to close a subway store is 16 years old. What your skills are worth in the job market is constantly changing. The shares closed at RMB$6.53, 56% higher than its IPO price, at . Ultimately working at Subway consists of making people food that they could either make themselves at home, or making people food that completely contradicts the original "eat fresh/healthy" slogan. Working along-side staff from the DA office and interacting with Franchise owners has been priceless. In most states, the minimum age to work at Subway is 16. What times are the busiest/quiet? This is based on 17,144 anonymously submitted reviews on Glassdoor. If youre currently working in a guest service, in retail as a sales assistant, in a restaurant or perhaps you are studying or have recently graduated and are looking to start a career in the food industry, this could be the perfect opportunity for you! A creative and consumer centric Marketing Manager with a love for people and culture. In my downtime I do dishes; most of my coworkers play on their phones. Asked 7 August 2021 Yes but they must have work experience. Subway employees are most likely to be members of the democratic party. Our store is fortunate that inventory day is the day before Wednesday truck day. How much does Subway in Australia pay? We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. My store opens at 7am and is dead until 11am, but we then stay pretty steady until close, with a brief slow period between 3pm and 4pm. It was listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange in 2009 with its IPO price at RMB $4.18 per share. Read 542 reviews for Subway. You need to be 16 years old. Your email address will not be published. The hardest part of my job is besides the lunch they'd only have one person at my store. Subway employees hate when you don't understand how footlong bread works: 8. Those looking for Subway careers should be at least 16 years old. This is based on 17,144 anonymously submitted reviews on Glassdoor. Providing exceptional customer service is your number one responsibility, but you must also prepare the food neatly, according to formula, and in a timely manner. And my manager was upset that I clocked out so late. With over 40,000 restaurants, the Subway brand is the largest sandwich chain in the world. No you cannot. 2019 Independent Purchasing Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved. Our high standards strive to ensure every ingredient is of great quality for guests. Even if you do, the minimum hours for a part-time position are three, and the minimum hours for a junior position are between four and five. . Subway is a quick-service sandwich shop, so when you show up for your interview you will want to look nice and be dressed in business casual attire. Australian labour laws mandate that anyone as young as 13 can be employed in many different industries. Glassdoor is your resource for information about Subway benefits and perks. Can you work at subway at 15 with a work permit? You can also apply in-person at the location you are interested in working at. Good customer service experience! Current and former employees report that Subway provides the following benefits. You need to be 16 years old and done with high school to be eligible. Subway asks that workers are neatly groomed and wear non-slip close-toed shoes as well. Subway has two primary entry-level positions that may employ anyone under 18: Above isnt an extensive list of all the jobs that Subway has for young people, but it is meant to serve as an outline of what type of work young people can expect to get. This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience. Contact: team@kidslife.com.au. From compensation planning to variable pay to pay equity analysis, we surveyed 4,900+ organizations on how they manage compensation. Press J to jump to the feed. Tl;dr - lunch and dinner are busy. when im not busy i just get on my phone and/or get a snack lol. For certain companies, like Liquor and Coles Express, you will need to be at least 18 years old to purchase their products. I worked at another large sub shop chain, a big fast causal restaurant that sandwiches were a large part of their menu and also a grocery store deli. Your email address will not be published. Subway was far easier. I always tell my staff it is hard to learn but easy to master. Looking to talk about subway trains? Highly motivated, must be confident and have excellent customer service skills, enjoy working as part of team in a fast paced environment, reliable . Is Subway hiring new workers during the COVID-19 outbreak? Subway is known to be an equal opportunity employer. Overall, 53% of employees would recommend working at Subway to a friend. Follow your passion, and success will follow you. If you're part of the lucky 1% who get a good manager, it can genuinely be one of the best entry level jobs you'll ever have. Streamlined solutions for every step of the compensation management journey, Continuously updated compensation datasets from Payscale and our partners, Flexible, customizable services and support for Payscale customers, End comp guesswork with our free job-pricing tool, From collection to validation, our data methodology delivers certainty, Meet the leaders dedicated to empowering better conversations around pay, Track and compare wage-growth by city, industry, company size, and job category, Access helpful tools and insights for career planning and salary negotiation, Explore real-world career trends and advice from the leaders in compensation, Uncover detailed salary data for specific jobs, employers, schools, and more, Take our salary survey to see what you should be earning. Kununurra is located at the top end of Western Australia, approximately 3300km from Perth. You can fill out your application online, and it will be sent to the specific store you are applying to. INTRODUCTION Subway is an American fast food restaurant franchise that primarily sells submarine sandwiches (subs) and salads. You will be responsible for giving efficient and friendly service, and you must also accurately record all sales. You will pick things up very quickly, memorizing sandwiches is far easier than you would think at first. Does there seem to be diversity at Subway. If you are coming in at entry-level without any prior experience, then you will most likely start out at minimum wage. With a yearly revenue of over more than $10B (USD), the company's focus is restaurants & food service. Your response will be removed from the review this cannot be undone. Once you get a positive response, make sure to find out about the interview process at Subway and prepare for tough questions. Why do people leave their jobs? This site requires JavaScript for certain functions and interactions to work. Let's say your 16 and you get offered to work at a senior (open and close) you would work about 6 hours at a pay rate of about $13. Subway does not specify an age limit, and as such, they dont have a minimum age limit thats below the standard 13-years of age. You can keep adding here but only the first 10 will be used if you press continue. Being a sales associate at Subway means you will be running the cash register, merchandising products, displaying promotional signage, and keeping the self-serve beverage area, counter, and seating area clean. Please fill in the below to continue. Food preparation including bread and cookie baking, Ensure food storage and preparation areas are maintained according to Health & Safety standards, Comply with required Food Standards practices, Complete daily and weekly cleaning schedules, Maintain a safe working environment for team members and guests, Maintain high personal presentation in the provided uniform to meet the Subway brand and guest expectations. This position is entry-level, so you will most likely start at minimum wage. At our World Headquarters, we have a culture of collaboration, innovation and teamwork. Bookmark or copy this link below to save your search for later or send it to a friend. Flexible hours, good pay and benefits and free sandwiches Employees rate Subway 3.4 out of 5 stars based on 18,020 anonymous reviews on Glassdoor. You will also complete University of SUBWAY courses for training, and you will understand and adhere to all quality standards and procedures. The average Subway salary ranges from approximately $27,236 per year for a Cashier to $332,419 per year for a Vice President. Answered 13 May 2018 Answer See 9 answers How old do you have to be to work at subway? To get a job at Subway, browse currently open positions and apply for a job near you. If you're still curious about the dress code at Subway and have more . Add to bookmarks There is no point in lying. Subway is a fast-growing American restaurant franchise, which currently has over 40,000 locations in more than 100 countries around the globe. Learn more . During the probationary period, youngsters should be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the environment. However, other benefits are limited to full-time workers. The state with the most number of Subway locations in Australia is New South Wales, with 313 stores, which is about 26% of all Subway stores in Australia. . But, there are some common questions that they do often ask. They are still a bit cheap, don't pay OT even if you have to stay late to close. Self explanatory and not rocket science. Aug 2022. I'm sure I'm forgetting something. In Margot. The highest reported salary for an employee at Subway Restaurant Inc is currently A$23.74 / hour, Compare the work satisfaction and gender at Subway Restaurant Inc with similar employers, Streamlined solutions for every step of the compensation management journey, Continuously updated compensation datasets from Payscale and our partners, Flexible, customizable services and support for Payscale customers, End comp guesswork with our free job-pricing tool, From collection to validation, our data methodology delivers certainty, Meet the leaders dedicated to empowering better conversations around pay, Track and compare wage-growth by city, industry, company size, and job category, Access helpful tools and insights for career planning and salary negotiation, Explore real-world career trends and advice from the leaders in compensation, Uncover detailed salary data for specific jobs, employers, schools, and more, Take our salary survey to see what you should be earning. That will often mean that you get hired for a probationary period after which you either get an extension or permanent employment. Maybe you have a friend that works there or you love their Five Dollar Footlong promotion. Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth. 2. Learn moreClose. There is no wrong answer to this question. Don't get me wrong, customers are generally nice, but there are people that will want to be a$$holes just to be a$$holes. 2019 Independent Purchasing Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved. Youre supposed to do training in the University of Subway app, but I just did that only 2 weeks ago and Ive been working at Subway for 9 months. Set of new units cost around A$30000 All dismantled & ready to be picked up. You must be at least 16 years old to work as a sandwich artist at Subway. The interviewer wants to hear that you have no problem showing up for your scheduled shifts. In most cases, the minimum age requirement for employment at Hungry Jacks is 15. Subway is a Registered Trademark of Subway IP LLC. Subway is the largest fast food franchise in Australia by store count, but it has been shrinking rather than growing over the past few years. To get a management position, you must be at least 18 years old. As a Sandwich Artist you will serve and add value to guest's needs in an efficient and friendly manner. Although state and territory minimum age limitations provide the minimal baseline for youngsters who desire to work, KFCs risk management approach to safety mandates that our employees be at least 14 years old before they may be hired. Thats why we will start by discussing what the lowest minimum age is for anyone who is looking to get employed in Australia. Mention any customer-facing jobs you had. A family business which started with a single service station in Woodville has now grown to become one of Australia's leading convenience retailers. management will either make or break your work ethic. What's yours? When we closed we were supposed to clean the bathroom, do dishes, etc and still look after the counter. Sandwich giant Subway has closed hundreds of stores across Australia as the pandemic and changing eating habits take its toll on the fast-food chain. The franchise does not discriminate based on age, gender, or ethnicity. 3. More. That said, you don't actually need experience to get the job. Of course, there are different levels of autism, some Divorce is an extremely difficult situation for a family to endure, and it can be especially challenging for children. And it's not free food. Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth. With a choice of over 1350 Subway restaurants across Australia, where will you work? It is also one of the first places many boys and girls work their first summer jobs. The lunch rush was mostly the only time we were busy 11-1 or so. Employees of Subway must wear a Subway shirt which the manager at Subway will provide as of 2023. As a casual worker the job included all Australian federally required leave. 65% of job seekers rate their interview experience at Subway as positive. No longer working at subway. Before you decide whether variable pay is right for your org, get a deeper understanding of the variable pay options and the cultural impact of pay choices. For instance, if a job can be handled by a 13-year-old, and it isnt hard labour or does not require handling tasks that only a legal adult can handle, then an employer cant turn away a 13-year-old simply because they are too young. Subway is one of the fastest growing franchises in the world, with 42,673 restaurants in 108 countries and territories as of September 13, 2014. Busy for some stores is 10 sandwiches an hour. When we are done cleaning, we scroll through Facebook and look at memes to show eachother. Subway Sandwich Artists are the face of our Franchise Owners restaurants. They should also show their willingness to learn and ability to follow orders. Having the opportunity to learn the Subway system with incredible support from operations teams and mentors has been exceptional fulfilling and made my transition possible and rewarding. it isnt a bad job as a first job. People in their early teens can be hired to carry out light work like data entry, setting up the aisles at a department store, some types of customer service tasks etc. How Old Do You Have to be to Work at The Cheesecake Factory? However, there are some states that allow 15 years old to work with a permit, and Subway will hire you for part-time work. Subway is an American multinational fast food restaurant franchise that specializes in submarine sandwiches (subs), wraps, salads and drinks.. My coworker did, but the only reason she was able to do so was because her sister worked there as the manager. Before I reached 18, I received instruction on how to correctly read and correct a WISR, purchase stock, bake the ideal loaf of bread, and do the weekly inventory. The average hourly rate for a Subway cashier is $9. The job is hell. Learn moreClose. So one time I had fourteen customers lined up close to closing and I was the only person there. When we arent busy and Im working with someone else, my coworker and I usually just clean. We take a deep dive into what's impacting employee retention and what employees are looking for in their new role. Why do people leave their jobs? Mid Shot, two subway workers talking. Join thousands of like-minded staff working in Subway restaurants across Australia Flexible hours Balance your work, studies and personal life Career Many Subway Franchise Owners started their careers as a Sandwich Artist Food to feel good about We are obsessed with fresh tasting great ingredients! but we need a flexible working force and it is right for some people," Mr Dowding said. To work for Starbucks you must be at least 16 years old (except for Montana where the minimum age is 14 years old). So it really depends on management and the owner if you will like it. Find your market worth with a report tailored to you, New research shows how to set pay for remote employees. 0 out of 5. Consider something like a buttoned-down shirt with nice slacks and dress shoes. To get a management position, you must be at least 18 years old. Subway, like any leading franchise, has several positions that may need to be filled at any given time. New research shows that each woman experiences the disparity of gender pay gap in different ways, depending on her position, age, race and education. I am now Area Manager for 6 Subway Restaurants and my drive for training my team members is put to good use! There were no good things about working for the development team. Most of the prep is handled by the opener and closer. from 3 to 4 it is basically dead so we'd just clean and stuff. Moving forward having the skills they learn at a franchise like Subway can be invaluable in their careers regardless of if it is in the restaurant industry or elsewhere. How Old Do You Have To Be To Work At Blue Beacon? Please turn on JavaScript for the best possible experience. This is based on 17,247 anonymously submitted reviews on Glassdoor. Subway Australia said in a statement there was no suggestion that the Fair Work Ombudsman was investigating Subway as the franchisor, and that the Ombudsman's proactive and reactive reviews . Its subsidiary and listed company, China State Construction Engineering Corporation Limited (CSCECL) ( Chinese: ) ( SSE: 601668 ), was established in 2007. We also have a page on our website specifically for 16-year-olds that you can view for more options. You must be at least 14 years old to participate. When you're looking for clothes, it's always important to make sure your child is comfortable and protected. Report ad here Job Description. It may not be complete. If you dont have any money-handling experience then let them know. However, if you do have some previous work experience, you can negotiate a higher wage. I've worked in two franchises. Working at subway is just like working at any other fast food place, except in my humble opinion it is not nearly as stressful as MacDonalds or those fast food chains. You will be asked a few customer service questions. The biggest problem I have had working at subway is people refusing to wear masks in the store. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Required fields are marked. However, there are some states that do allow 15-year-olds to work with a permit. Subway employees rate the overall compensation and benefits package 2.5/5 stars. Find your market worth with a report tailored to you. Subway Australia 4+ Subway Australia Simplicity Loyalty #11 in Food & Drink 4.3 4.7K Ratings Free iPhone Screenshots The only thing we can think of that's more packed than the Subway Australia app is your favourite Subway Footlong Sub. Join thousands of like-minded staff working in Subway restaurants across Australia, Balance your work, studies and personal life, Many Subway Franchise Owners started their careers as a Sandwich Artist. Owner broke my spirit, I left. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. More, After starting as a Junior Sandwich Artist in 2006, I have had many opportunities for career development. my day consists mostly of cleaning and doing online orders. If you have management experience in a fast-paced retail environment, then we want to hear from you! Cars & Vehicles. Step-By-Step Pay Equity Analysis Guide Product Guide By clicking Download Product Guide, Do you know what your employees really want for the holidays? Some days Id come in to everything needing to be restocked, Im often called in because someone didnt show up to work, Theres been a incident where my coworkers were stealing my tips, 60% of the customers are Karens and complain over simple things (Subway workers are criticized more because the customer actually gets to see you make their sandwich compared to other fastfood), and the list goes on. The minimum age requirement tends to vary quite a bit depending on the industry, present state laws and nature of work. I work at night most of the time so I like to watch the sunset if I have time. Great way to start working career. If a manager asks you this question, you are most likely interviewing with zero work history, and that is okay. As well as preparing and serving delicious Subway sandwiches you will meet and greet guests and deliver exceptional guest service. If you were thinking of getting a job at subway you wouldn't get a lot of hours, and if you do it would be 3 hour for a part time and about 4 or 5 for a junior. Subway Kununurra has two full time positions available from mid November. Founded several years ago, today it is one of the leading foreign franchise fast-food restaurants in Australia. Fast food restaurants rely on entry-level teen workers. However, if you do have some work experience, it could get you a higher hourly pay rate and move you faster into supervisory and management positions. For instance, you wouldnt want a child working in a chemical factory even if it is just tagging barrels with a barcode. Australia. The subway I work at the mid shifters don't do shit. This position is a hybrid of the sandwich artist and cashier positions, and they usually work in smaller locations. NSW, NT, SA, TAS If you are 14 years old but have not yet reached the age of 16, it is required by our company that you get the written approval of a parent or legal guardian before you may begin working. Copy link. Copyright 20082023, Glassdoor, Inc. "Glassdoor" and logo are registered trademarks of Glassdoor, Inc. Former Sandwich Artist in Sydney, New South Wales, Former Sanwich Artist in Sydney, New South Wales, Current Sandwich Artist in Brisbane, Queensland, Former Food Service Worker in Campbell Town, Tasmania, Former Sandwhich Artist in Footscray, Victoria. The Manager performs and directs overall restaurant management. However, we can give you a general idea of what the hourly pay is for each position. My store is in a semi popular tourist town but due to Covid there arent as many tourists as usual, so business is slow. Working as a Sandwich Artist in a Subway franchise is a challenging role but one that is highly rewarding. Depending on the size and location of the store, the jobs might be divided into sales associate and sandwich artist. Working with some of the biggest food retail brands in Australia, I have a proven track record of. Is there any secrets behind the counter? State of New South Wales According to the Act, children under the age of 15 years old are not allowed to work more than one shift per day, for more than five days in a row, for more than four hours on a school day, or within 12 hours of finishing their most recent shift. Subway employees hate when you expect to . KidsLife believes that parents are their child's first educators, and by providing helpful and easily accessible information helps to empower and support parents in their important role. Pay increases are a top concern for 2022 to attract and retain talent, Temporary employee laws: A guide to hiring contract roles, What to include in a termination letter: Template and examples, How to Manage Your Time and Prioritize Your Workload.