[citation needed], Meanwhile, ABC gradually rose to first place during the decade and was seeking out stronger affiliates in many markets. She assisted in marketing field-specific research opportunities for the university for more than two years. Before, she worked as a host at WCIU in Chicago from May 2017 to 2021. In Fox, Jill Nicolini and John Huddy Jr also worked. As of now, she is working as a weekday evening news anchor and host for WTHR since February 2022. Diaz will succeed WTHR-13 "Sunrise" anchor Ben Hill, who announced plans Tuesday to accept a new TV job in Nashville, Tennessee. Also, she aired the stations reports on breaking news on weekday mornings as well as Anchoring weekend morning newscasts. "And they said, that's what we want. Matt McCutcheon left last month for a corporate communications job after seven years at the station. "But she creates those real human, huge emphasis on human, emotional moments, I mean, different different walks of life that I think everybody can relate to.". "WTHR is a legacy station that means something to this community. Felicia Lawrence is an American Journalist and TV Personality. CULVER CITY, Calif. A new anti-camping ordinance aimed at clearing out homeless encampments has been met with fierce criticism from leaders and residents who say it will displace the most vulnerable to make way for gentrification in this rapidly changing city. In a complaint against WTHR-TV's parent company Tegna, Inc.filed in Indiana federal court on Jan. 13, Morehead's lawyerTerrance Kinnard alleges that her teammates bet money on whether or not she would be coming back to work after she wentthrough radiation and immunotherapy treatments. With the transition of broadcast television rights to the Indianapolis 500 to NBC in 2019, WTHR replaced WRTV (which had carried the race since 1980) as the local broadcaster of the race, returning the race to WTHR for the first time since 1979 (when it was an ABC station). Two local TV stations have added anchors to their news staffs. ", "I'm sure you'll get 1,000 TV personalities, TV journalists, that say something very similar," she said. Before his stint at WTHR, he worked at TV stations in Greenville, South Carolina; Tyler, Texas; and Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The firm makes products used in medical testing. It eventually overtook WISH-TV for first in all news timeslots in 2002. They dont want you to see this Big Tech does its best to limit what news you see. Join the thousands of business and community leaders and Indiana residents that choose IBJ as their primary local news source. During a heated city council meeting Monday night, officials said the ban would not be enforced until the city meets key goals, including opening a designated camping site where unhoused residents can set up their tents and the conversion of 73 hotel and motel units into permanent and interim housing. Please enable JavaScript to view this content. "When we are telling stories that may impact a small business owner here in the city of Indianapolis and the surrounding area, I feel like I can better advocate for those folks within the newsroom and be able to provide a perspective that, unless you walk that life, is not necessarily always available," she said. "Once I came and I [visited] for the interview, I was sold," she said. The station's ratings leadwhich WTHR emphasizes in the slogan it adopted upon taking first place full-time, "Indiana's News Leader"began to narrow in 2010 as WISH-TV and Fox affiliate WXIN (channel 59) saw viewership gains that year as WTHR's ratings steadily decreased in certain timeslots, especially on weekday mornings. "As a direct and proximate result of TEGNAs unlawful and discriminatory actions, Andrea Morehead suffered, and continues to suffer, damages including to but not limited to loss of income and benefits, embarrassment, humiliation, damage to her personal and professional reputation, and emotional distress," wrote Kinnard in the complaint. WTHR reporter, anchor McCutcheon leaves for life sciences job, Commercial Real Estate & Construction Power Breakfast, Engage Greater Lafayette West Lafayette, Engage West Central Indiana Terre Haute, The stars are aligning in climate-change fight, Tech success requires playing offense and defense, Real estate, construction industries adapt to market challenges, Flight challenges are far from insurmountable, Todays solutions combine automation, talent, DEI progress is good for the entire community, Diversity efforts require sincerity, patience, Innovation isnt a luxury, its essential, Advice from entrepreneurs whove been there, Office sector reinventing itself; multifamily and industrial sectors thrive, Fixing leaks in our talent and information pipelines, Organizations take a hard look at hiring practices, Educators still too focused on traditional paths, Employers, educators working together can improve outcomes and economy, Ending food insecurity takes scale, creativity, Technological advancements heighten cybersecurity challenges, Better design, sound fundamentals contribute to upbeat forecast, Technology applications at Trine only limited by students imagination, Why public relations is essential in times of uncertainty, Advanced Accelerator Applications bets on Indianapolis and the future of radiopharmaceuticals, RJE has two reasons to celebrate: 32 years serving the Indianapolis community, and a new partnership focused on the future of the workplace, Delta Dental teams up with VSP Vision Care, So You Want to Start and Sell a Business, Why Your Next Great Hire May Never Walk Through Your Door, Delta Dental offers enhanced benefits for patients with special needs, Data Integrity, Breaches, and Consumer Trust, Verizons 5G network is advancing Indys tech economy, The Culture Queen on what it takes to be an entrepreneur, Business Cares: Corporate Social Responsibility, Business Cares Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. Upon his departure, Diaz and his family. Since 2006, regular season games currently televised over-the-air locally are split between WISH (from 1998 to 2014), and since 2015 WTTV (channel 4, through CBS' rights to the team's AFC affiliation), WXIN (channel 59, for select games televised by Fox in which the Colts play host to an NFC opponent at home since 1994, or since 2014, any games moved from WTTV via the new 'cross-flex' broadcast rules), with WTHR carrying non-preseason games and select Colts NFL games broadcast by NBC as part of the network's Sunday Night Football package. It was a childhood dream, and I achieved it.. She is a woman of average stature and stands at 5 ft 7 in. Much love to you and everyone who has been supportive of me for the past 21 years. Pearce, who grew up in Martinsville and is a 1986 Butler University graduate, came to WTHR in 2002 as the Sunrise team traffic anchor. Two local TV stations have added anchors to their news staffs. A similar scenario unfolded last year at Patrick Henry High School in San Diego. Now you know where my love of the beach comes from its in my DNA. [8] On the same day as the switch, VideoIndiana, the Dispatch subsidiary that held WTHR's license, filed a $33 million antitrust lawsuit against ABC and McGraw-Hill, alleging that WRTV's switch was closely tied to an earlier ABC affiliation deal involving McGraw-Hill's San Diego station, KGTV. if ( typeof LD == "object" ) { LD.initPage(); }. I am thankful for YOU, and for being alive after two years of cancer treatments. Felicia Lawrence loves "a good Oprah moment. She left her work at WCIU in 2021 to serve as a real estate investor. Even though the server responded OK, it is possible the submission was not processed. And Ben Hill, who co-anchored WTHR's morning weekday news since 2016, departed last September for an anchor job in Nashville, Tennessee. by Contributing Editor March 3, 2023. Its a very private matter one that has forced me to take some time off. Before, she worked as a host at WCIU in Chicago from May 2017 to 2021. Here's a look at some of the key changes. Tiernon was filling in for Scott Swan when this screenshot was taken on March 28, 2007. "I grew up watching Channel 13, and it has been a dream come true working with and learning from the most talented journalists in the country at 13News.". McCutcheon earned a bachelors degree in broadcast journalism and leadership in 2004 from Franklin College. The transition at NBC affiliate WTHR follows four notable Indianapolis TV departures in 2020: Contact IndyStar reporter David Lindquist at dave.lindquist@indystar.com or 317-444-6404. Andy Fales Anchor Zach Fisher Iowa Capitol Bureau Reporter Mark Freund Sports Anchor Elias Johnson Anchor . For an optimal experience visit our site on another browser. He now lives behind a makeshift wall of plastic tarps and cardboard boxes near Bradleys encampment. In June 2011, WTHR began offering newscast segments for free streaming on the Roku digital video player. INDIANAPOLIS WTHR is thrilled to announce the addition of Felicia Lawrence to the 13News family! In that same announcement, Diaz said he is leaving the news business to pursue other opportunities. Alyssa Raymond left the station in October to take a job in Pittsburgh. [citation needed], On April 7, 1991, WTHR participated in an experiment in which it moved NBC prime time programming one hour earlier (mirroring the scheduling of the network's prime time lineup in the Central and Mountain time zones); the half-hour late evening newscast also moved from 11:00 to 10:00p.m. as a result. Earlier in 2020, political reporter Kevin Rader. Join us for an evening of networking designed especially for real estate professionals. ", which revealed grossly exaggerated job creation claims made by the Indiana Economic Development Corporation. Ben Hill, who has been a "Sunrise" co-anchor at WTHR-13 since 2016, is taking a TV job in Nashville. The other stations, all in Ohio, were the regional network's flagship WLWT in Cincinnati, WLWC (now WCMH-TV) in Columbus, and WLWD (now WDTN) in Dayton. I still want to get out there and tell my stories.". For most of its first four decades in the air, channel 13's newscasts had placed third in the ratings behind WISH and WRTV. Commercial Real Estate & Construction Power Breakfast, Engage Greater Lafayette West Lafayette, Engage West Central Indiana Terre Haute, The stars are aligning in climate-change fight, Tech success requires playing offense and defense, Real estate, construction industries adapt to market challenges, Flight challenges are far from insurmountable, Todays solutions combine automation, talent, DEI progress is good for the entire community, Diversity efforts require sincerity, patience, Innovation isnt a luxury, its essential, Advice from entrepreneurs whove been there, Office sector reinventing itself; multifamily and industrial sectors thrive, Fixing leaks in our talent and information pipelines, Organizations take a hard look at hiring practices, Educators still too focused on traditional paths, Employers, educators working together can improve outcomes and economy, Ending food insecurity takes scale, creativity, Technological advancements heighten cybersecurity challenges, Better design, sound fundamentals contribute to upbeat forecast, Technology applications at Trine only limited by students imagination, Why public relations is essential in times of uncertainty, Advanced Accelerator Applications bets on Indianapolis and the future of radiopharmaceuticals, RJE has two reasons to celebrate: 32 years serving the Indianapolis community, and a new partnership focused on the future of the workplace, Delta Dental teams up with VSP Vision Care, So You Want to Start and Sell a Business, Why Your Next Great Hire May Never Walk Through Your Door, Delta Dental offers enhanced benefits for patients with special needs, Data Integrity, Breaches, and Consumer Trust, Verizons 5G network is advancing Indys tech economy, The Culture Queen on what it takes to be an entrepreneur, Business Cares: Corporate Social Responsibility, Business Cares Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. This type of ordinance, criticized as turning unhoused residents into criminals, has been tried before in other communities with little success. As a result, Patrick Henry High School's principal, Michelle Irwin, "paused" the decision. ", "WTHR and Vype High School sports magazine announce partnership", "Me-TV Adds Denver And Indianapolis Affiliates", "WTHR programming changes announced for 2016 Olympics", WTHR to boost tower power on signal gripes, "Tegna Buying Dispatch's WTHR, WBNS For $535M", "TEGNA Completes Acquisition of Dispatch Broadcast Group's Leading, Top Ranked Stations in Indianapolis, IN and Columbus, OH", "How IndyCar-NBC deal will affect local Indy 500 blackout", "Indy 500 to air live on WTHR Channel 13", WTHR's status as TV news leader starting to erode, WTHR'S 'QUICK' SWITCH TO HD TOOK 10 YEARS, "IndyStar, Fox59 announce new media partnership", "WTHR announced as national Edward R. Murrow award winner", "WTHR-TV Honored for State Fair Tragedy Coverage, More - Indianapolis Monthly", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=WTHR&oldid=1141026402, Television channels and stations established in 1957, National Football League primary television stations, Articles with dead external links from July 2016, Articles with permanently dead external links, Short description is different from Wikidata, Articles using infobox television station, Articles with unsourced statements from January 2023, Official website different in Wikidata and Wikipedia, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 23 February 2023, at 00:14.