We tested a Mark V Accumark in .257 Magnum, Roy Weatherbys favorite of all the calibers he created. Taurus 24/7 G2 is a great little pistol for lefties. Another handgun actually made to be used by everyone in its application as a mounted Calvary member in the LEFT hand. Radian Model 1 - .223 Wylde. The BERETTA ARX100 is 100% ambidextrous, from the safety switch, bolt catch, and even shell ejection from the right or left side, I love shooting it being a lefty. I've had no issues shooting either one left-handed as always, adaptation is key. The guns feature American walnut stocks, fully adjustable iron sights, drilled and tapped receivers for optics mounting, sling studs, and a rebounding hammer safety. The problem I have is the mag release getting in the way of my trigger finger; solution is to hav it filed down a bit if it cant be switched. I think I was tagged in the head once and started wearing ball caps after that. Smith & Wesson, M&P handgun is available with ambidextrous safety that I as a Lefty find convenient. In terms of bullpup rifles, dont get me started unless the ejection port is moveable to the other side, those are out for most of us wrong handers. All lefties know that, when shooting a right-ejecting semiauto shotgun, sooner or later youre bound to get debris in your right eye if youre not wearing safety glasses. Beretta APX A1. It was also one of the first production hunting rifles to be offered in a mirror-image left-hand version. The Hawkeye is not the only Ruger catering to lefties. No futzing will g swapping mag releases, it sticks out from both sides and can be pushed in either direction. Thanks! And, you can have it in your choice of 13 chamberings, from .223 to .300 Winchester Magnum, and including .270 and .300 WSM. Our Best Deals Are Right Here. Ive owned two different Charter Arms revolvers, and they work as advertised. (Example, the Ruger cross-bolt safety works backwards for me). The 110 Elite Precision LH is the chassis rifle for long-range competition, with six chamberings including .300 PRC and .338 Lapua. The 12-gauge A400 Xtreme features Beretta's Blink gas-operated system that utilizes a piston with an elastic band that serves as a gasket. Secondly, a dear old friend and shooter had recently suffered a stroke and lost a lot of motor control in his right hand, which he may never recover. Sporterized Mauser 98, chambered in .270Winchester with 24" barrel and mounted UNIVERSAL 3-9 scope in a left handed stock. The 110 Magpul LH is a target version, with upgraded Magpul stock, Cerakote finish, and heavy 18-inch barrel. Due to the ejection issues mentioned, I've never owned an auto pistol. Tired of running a right-handed bolt with your left hand? First, as the author pointed out, they generally stick to plain vanilla offerings. I found your article in my search to find a semi auto hand gun I can work with my compromised right hand and still be efficient. Check out our extensive line up for left handed bolt action rifles, slug guns and more -- from hunting, long range, and plinking rifles, Savage has you covered. The takedown lever in front of the trigger guard makes the process painless. Over the years, it has been available in a number of chamberings, with the most common being .223 Rem/5.56 NATO. Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy. Production was moved at various times in the companys history to Germany and then Japan. 2023 Outdoor Sportsman Group. (Hence why I went with the FNS-9c, and with two 12-rd and a 17-rd magazine that comes with it, its heck of a deal!). Why? They are both scoped with 7/8 inch tubed scopes, but I also have two sets of sights both with left handed rear aperture sights. Whether seeking the glossy high-grade deluxe models, ultralight versions, or anything in between, lefties dont have to sacrifice build quality and features. Ones that I do own and feel accommodate lefties. A true LH gun might confuse me for a while until I got used to it, but I think it would be worth the effort. Weve built dozens of ARs and well cover all the best AR-15 upgrades such as handguards, triggers, BCGs, gas blocks, and more. That's changing, and with it, demand for left handed choices will increase as more new left handed and left eye dominant shooters learn with proper tools. FNX-45 Tactical (ambi safety) It cost me a little more but it was well worth it as the rest of my family are RH. In addition, the X-Bolt Micro Midas offers a slick left-handed option for smaller-framed shooters. It comes from the Latin for left because the ancient Romans thought there was something evil about left-handed people. compact, rugged and you can hang anything on it. I personally love them) At the end of the day, something other than a Glock, Sig, or S&W should get at the very least a review. PS - Thanks for the wonderful article and other options. Subscriber Services. Get Our Top Shooting Drills and Zeroing Targets ($47 value - but FREE for a limited time). Calibers run the gamut from .257 Weatherby on up to .460 Weatherby Magnum, including recent additions like the zippy 6.5-300 Weatherby Magnum. The most economical of the three is the Franchi Affinity, a great shotgun. The AUG offers left-handers a unique platform with a high degree of modularity and history of durability. The companys nine-lug bolts are some of the strongest in the business. Most lefties I know have the same issue. The .257s 26-inch barrel launches an 80-grain Barnes TTSX bullet at 3,800 fps, making it one of the hardest-hitting, flattest-shooting varmint guns in the world. First, when I realized my wife was a left-shoulder, left-eye long gun shooter! Introducing the Veracity PH from Burris, the perfect combination of reliability, quality, and technology delivering a simple aiming solutiona tool for the hunter that just works. Thanks for writing! Ruger has announced the Model 31110 Left-Hand Competition Rifle. It also brings an easy takedown experience. Its just as ambi capable as the others (source: Im lefty who owns one). Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon. Also have a Stag Lefty AR 15, The title of this article is 10 Best Guns for Left-Handed Shooters not the 10 most popular guns for left hand shooters, with that being said, the H&K P30 and VP9 ate the best out of the box pistols for left hand shooters, Not only are all of the controls are ambidextrous with the need to swap side of the magazine catch or slide release but the palm swells can be interchanged for a excellent left hand grip, i own both glocks and HKs so Im not being biased just smart. The company sells a left-eject bolt and swapping the ejection port cover completes the southpaw transformation. Then I hand them my left-handed AR to shoot. Food for thought. Currently the left-hand A-Bolt is offered in 10 chamberings, and among them are true rarities for left-hand rifles, such as 6.5 mm Creedmoor and both .270 and .300 WSM. Maybe Pew Pew Tactical should actually do a review on it. These guns are not out-of-the-box left-friendly but can be made that way with a few swappable parts. So, CZ upped the ante by bringing out the P-07. For those of you who don't know, they have ambidextrous mag releases as well as the passive safeties on the butt and and trigger. Introduced clear back in 1958, the Savage 110 is currently the longest-running bolt-action centerfire rifle. Its got the absolute smoothest bolt I have ever come across from factory or anywhere. Many firearms are (more or less) ambidextrous in operation, such as side-ejecting lever-actions, pump guns, and semiautos, but that rarely exercised safety margin remains absent if used from the wrong side. Every person i have blessed with letting shoot my Centurion has LOVED it. you a link to reset your password. In fact, it is one of the few compact bolt-action centerfires for lefties. While this is far from an exhaustive list, the following choices represent current-production, readily accessible, lefty-friendly rifles in bolts, levers, singles, and even semi-autos ranging from hunting and tactical designs to competition-ready rifles. This is one truly ambidextrous pistol. Never looking back to ARs. For more information, visit steyr-arms.com, Lets see, weve got semi-automatic rifles and bolt-action rifles for left-handed shooters on this list, but what about lever-action rifles? And did I mention, this is a good-looking rifle? Heckler & Koch offers several pistols designed to for southpaws. Different from virtually all sporting rifles is the scope-mounting system that gives the X-Bolt its name: Four screws in each base in a square or X, so that the bases are secured on each corner. With ARs theres a special wrinkle: When a lefty shoots a right-hand AR, the hot brass tends to go right down the shirt collar. This 12-ounce, 2-inch-barreled .38 Special is based on Charter Arms Undercover Lite only in mirror image. That is truly an unforgettable experience! Subscribe to Pew Pew Tactical's sales and deals email. There is very little info on them, but from the best of my knowledge and HOURS of web searching. Now I am building my 1st left handed AR-15 in 6.5 Grendel. I like the paddle style mag release too. Everything can be switched around on it. 45acp. The overall length of the AUG is just a hair over 28 inches even with a 16-inch heavy barrel, making it significantly more compact than a standard M4 carbine. Bolt-action rifle for left-handed hunters. Based on Jeff Coopers visualization of the perfect scout rifle short barrel, box magazine for quick reloads, open aperture rear sight, all in a serious caliber the Scout performs well and looks great. Hell, if you wanted just a smidge more concealability you can buy an APX compact frame. I really do appreciate this article, it has helped me to best navigate handguns that a lefty can use. Thanks for writing! For todays black rifle shopper, it offers one of the most accurate sniper systems available and one of the most iconic rifles ever made. The non-rotating, Mauser-type controlled round feed extractor has a fixed blade-type ejector that ejects empty cases as the bolt is moved backward, so no more dodging casings on your non-dominant side. I could spend this whole writing venture on that storied company alone. Im talking about semi-auto pistols with reversible magazine releases and similar features. Even though Im not a strong fan of the Austrian pistol, I acknowledge its popularity and reliability. The Rock River LEF-T is a true mirror image, ejection port and bolt assist on the left; safety on the right side, easily accessible with the left thumb. To the most part I have. Thank you for your insight, and thank you for sharing. Such events are rare, but if a lefty is using a right-eject firearm and has one, the bad stuff is directed straight into the right side of the face. I just haven't seen it yet in a 9mm pistol. But the cream of the crop is the Gunsite Scout in .308. The Southpaw version is available in 12 and 20 gauge, both with three-inch chambers. Classic, NOT the AR Hybrids. I did see the Kel-Tec RDB reference in another post. Switch out the back strap and change the palm swell side panels for a custom fit. You have to analyse what works best for your situation, and adapt everything else around it. Get an M1 PPQ and be done with it. One of the most revered production over-unders accommodates left-handed shooters. The Henry is a modern production version of the Air Force's Armalite survival rifle and works just fine. Out of the box, the Mark V was a laser, its crisp 3.5-pound trigger making it easy to nail metal silhouettes at 300 yards. Left-handed shooters will appreciate this feature-packed rifle that was designed with their ergonomics in mind. Other features include metal sights, a new trigger, and de-horning for a comfortable carry gun. This is a good thing as it secures the bases at all four corners. The bullpup is fed by a choice of 10-, 30-, or even 42-round magazines. That simply refers to the receiver's look, which is coated over a black hardcoat anodized finish. You didn't mention three of the best options for fully left-handed pistols: Cabot Guns S100 Southpaw, the Cabot Guns S103 Southpaw, or the New Order Firearms NO9 (left-handed version). Two others are left handed Anschutz rifles a 64 Silhouette and a 54 action Free Rifle both also 70s or early 80s vintage. Even the recently introduced straight-pull bolt-action Impulse rifles use a unique design that allows the bolt handle to be switched to the left side, though the ejection port remains on the right. She likes. While there are not southpaw versions of every 110 model in the catalog, there are plenty to scratch the itch. Add to Compare. 110 STORM LEFT HAND. Savage makes a nice series of LH bolt long guns, and Marlin lever action rifles work well for me as well. No offense but the handgun list is kinda worthless. No more worries about busted out teeth from the charging handle on other bullpup models. Savage 110 Elite Precision .223 Remington 26" 10+1 Matte Black Receiver Matte Stainless Barrel Titan. The free float 16.5 Slimline handguard enhances accuracy, covers the gas block, and includes multiple M-Lok slots allowing all you southpaws out there to customize the rifle to your hearts content. Browning Super Black eagle in left hand. When I was in training in the US Army back in 1970 I never heard of M 16s for lefties. Mark, I agree. If put in the hands of a shooter, not a fanboy, there is little to dislike. Thank you so much for your sympathy empathy and understanding of we the 6%ers. Winchesters Super X series shotguns gained an enviable reputation for speed, in both handling and cycling. A wide selection of CMP surplus ammo will 2023 JNews - Premium WordPress news & magazine theme by Jegtheme. Serrations run across the whole of the slide. More losses we of the left-hand minority cannot afford! Stag Arms makes beaucoup ARs, several of which are left-handed 38 left-hand ARs, in fact. (especially mag release). I ask because I'm about to move on from the S&W 5906 I've stuck with for 20+ years to something that's smaller, weighs less, & is more "lefty-friendly". In addition to the old classic 94s, any of Winchesters top-eject lever-action rifles are more southpaw-friendly options than its right-ejecting competitors. I have a randall left hand curtis lemay commemorative. This gun is powerful enough to down all sorts of . The Mark V offers a short, 54-degree bolt throw one of the lowest in the industry. Yet, most cowboy actions still wear a right-hand ejection port, kicking spent brass across the face. I may earn a small part of the sale from links to any products or services on this site. According to Weatherby, any 9-lug action can be ordered in left hand, but not the 6, so thats worth keeping in mind. George, yup, you're right - I should've included it. my wife is left handed, doesn't like the noise of a 9MM, and ideas for lefties for pistols that she can open carry while hiking? So one was made for a while. The inertia-driven action is extremely forgiving, functioning perfectly with light 2 -inch target loads all the way up to the heaviest turkey and waterfowl loads. Savage Model 110 . mag.) Its gives a new meaning to glass smooth bolt. Except: The right-eject 10/22 feeds up and right so, for left ejection, the magazine rotation is reversed, thus not compatible. Best Tactical Rifle Stag 15 Tactical LH QPQ 7" Complete Rifle 5.56 chambering, tactical style $1139 at Stag Arms Jump to Details Best Revolver Charter Arms Southpaw .38 SPL, right-open cylinder $340 at Kentucky Gun Co Jump to Details Best Semi-Auto Pistol Heckler & Koch VP9 Ambi features, 9mm chambering $559 at GrabAGun Jump to Details Not to mention, sling swivels, a lock, and a free set of earplugs round out the package. guns & Stay in the know. BTW - kudos on the pie chart and the pics of graphite-covered hands. I owed a 30.06 and loved it. SIG Sauer MCX-SPEAR: Civilian Version of XM7 Rifle Arrives! The Tikka T3 is a wildly popular rifle among the most hardcore whitetail deer hunters. In fact, Weatherbys website answers a frequently asked question about just that, clearly stating that Mark V rifles in Magnum 9 Lug Actions can be ordered as a left-hand model.. Whether Im a fan or not, 65% of American police agencies use Glock for a reason they tend to work. Of course, the singles and every other Henry firearm are made in America. If you are looking for a decent revolver in left hand, check this little guy out. I have found no disadvantage to them at all. Brownings slick little bottom-eject SA-22 is exceptionally ambidextrous, but Rugers new 10/22 Model 31110 Left-Hand Competition Rifle is a major milestone for left-handed shooters. That covers everything from oil-finished and high-gloss wood stocks all the way over to high-end synthetics in the latest camouflage patterns. And stay in touch with newsletters of our best articles on techniques, guns, & gear. The Mark V Accumark is available for left-handed shooters in .257 Wby Mag, .30-378 Wby Mag, .300 Wby, .338-378 Wby, and 6.5-300 Wby. There, I said it. Looks like that is the only ammunition we can find these days. Models include CAR A4, Mid-Length A4, Tactical Operator, Standard A4, Predator Pursuit, Coyote Carbine, Coyote Rifle, and Varmint A4. The forward-mounted Picatinny rail lets shooters optimize the rifle to accommodate lights and lasers as they see fit and the built-in sighting system has an adjustable ghost ring rear aperture sight and a non-glare, protected blade front sight. The left-hand version is sort of a general purpose configuration. Fortunately, most lefties have learned to function in a right-hand world without complaining too loudly. I can comfortably run about any handgun with adjusted technique but my favorite 'left hand friendly' pistols are the FNX-45 Tactical, S&W M&P 9 and Canik TP9 Combat Elite. Each is based on an action size designed with minimal dimensions for the cartridge family and boasts a . I have multiple handguns, including SIGs, Glocks, S&W, etc but I choose on a daily basis to carry the APX. ft. pressure. Let us know in the comments below. 2. Savage comes to mind as they have many lefthanded products, as does Browning and Anschutz, but Bergara seems to eventually produce a left handed pretty much mirror image version of everything. Before we get into listing the pistols that work for lefties, I feel the need to tell you about one revolver that is set up for us wrong handersthe Charter Arms Southpaw. 1 series of falling-block single-shot rifles can be quite user-friendly and certainly fall into the list of classics, too. After having spoken with industry reps who always tell me there is little demand for left handed models, I think I can explain why that's been the case until now. Who hasnt heard of Browning guns? All Rights Reserved, Southpaw Centerfires: Our Top 8 Left-Handed Rifle Picks. It takes a mere minutes to swap frames and that is the only thing you have to do. I think a Glock 19 with a charging handle may fill the bill. I have a CX4 set up for left-hand, and I am looking at the ARX-100. The H&K VP-9 is also a joy to shoot with fully ambidextrous controls. How many left handed .22's are there? A flash suppressor helps tame the flame, while a long Picatinny rail allows you to mount whatever optic you want on it. So I just purchased my first handgun and also a southpaw. If youre looking for an easy plinker or a trainer for the new shooter in your life, you cant beat this single-shot .22 LR from Savage. 1. Kevin Steele, Publisher of Petersen's HUNTING talks with JJ Reich of HEVI-Shot about the new offerings for 2023. Weve got a dedicated section for the AR-15 here. Give a Gift It works for you, maybe not others. On that third point, most people learn to shoot as kids, with a .22 rifle. The 4-inch barreled, 24-ounce, 18-round 9mm hits most of the buttons where southpaw pistols are concerned. Instead, lets talk about the X-Bolt Medallion specifically the left-handed model. People are going to have their own opinions on which is best. This iconic DA/SA pistol captured the hearts of many shooters, including legendary 1911 aficionado Jeff Cooper. But that also means that one in 10 shooters is probably left-handed, and while some, Tactical Life Gun Magazine: Gun news, gun reviews and gun magazines for gun enthusiasts, military and law enforcement, You use of this website constitutes and manifests your acceptance of our, to make it a stalwart hunting companion. You talk about a beretta for crying out loud and mention the Sig as an afterthought. $ 1,999.00. As long as you can live without controlled round feed, their special order department can build a bolt action for almost any cartridge you might want. You are a rarity and appreciated. Thats a win in my book! This line, however, also offers more left-handed options than almost any other manufacturer on this list. But I wont. For shotguns, the Keltec KS7 & Mossberg 500/590 are on my short list. With that out of the way, lets get down to business rifle and handgun business, that is. I'm right handed I got this pistol in case girl needs to use it. I did a quick website survey and counted 25 left-hand models in calibers from .22 LR to Africa-ready. Out of Stock. The only truly ambidextrous firearms, in both operation and safety, are revolvers, break-open guns, falling block single-shots, top-eject lever-actions, and bottom-eject slide-actions and semiautos. The HK VP9, or Volkspistole (people's pistol), is a polymer-framed, striker-fired 9mm semi-automatic pistol designed for tactical applications. Given its lineage and H&Ks many years of proven manufacturing prowess, the VP9 is the answer to many questions asked about what constitutes a top-quality carry pistol. MSRP: $889.00. Our editors have hand-picked these essential pieces of gear to make you a more successful hunter when you hit the game trails this season. This British target rifle was manufactured in both right and left handed versions by hand, no CNC back then. Click below for a FREE LESSON! I also desire to purchase an HK VP9 when supply & demand balances out more. They use a left-side ejection port and charging handle, along with an ambidextrous mag release. I would be very interested in reading about any gunsmiths who can outfit these guns with ambi levers. In the milieu of modern sporting rifles, shockingly few production-line AR-15 rifles are built specifically for left-handers. Style: 57009. I cant use left handed scissors because I grew up using right handed ones in school. The struggle is real. One of the first companies to fill the void and still do it well to this day was Rock River Arms. I saw someone caught the FN omission already. Ive noticed in the short period I have had the gun, that I always grab the forward serrations for this exact reason. P.S. Ohh Tikka is imported by Beretta so that's why I am writing this. Thanks for writing! I operate a Tavor X95 with left-side ejection port. Frustrated lefty here, i opted for a Beretta Arx 100 in 556 for my AR type rifle. The have given me little bit more light at the end of the tunnel. Ambi all the way! In a southpaw-accommodating design change, Henry singles use a break lever that pivots either left or right to open the action. I thank you for the eye opening pice. The Mossberg 500 & 590 series have an ambi safety (still RH eject though). So far, its a very complete side-by-side hunting shotgun, at an amazingly low price of about $750. There are a lot of great guns out there for left-handed shooters, including this Rock River LEF-T AR. For my handguns I like my Glocks (G19 gen5 & G45) well enough. I have small, weak (arthritis increasing) hands and yeah, a lot of grips are difficult for me to manage then add the left-hand issue. The Austrian bullpup is a compact, gas-piston-operated semi-automatic design. To get started, click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital magazine. You could say that lever-action rifles are ambidextrous, but most lever-action rifles dont have an ejection port that sits on top to inadvertently benefit left-handed shooters. Engineered for the bulk of shooters (who happen to be right-handed), standard weapon controls are positioned so a right-handed shooter can easily click security, release a magazine, or cycle a bolt.