We were divided into 3 groups to explore the area with our own truck with guide/driver. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. In between we were waited on 24/7 by the fantastic staff, always with a smile on their face. We were fortunate to see them plus a cheetah! Recommended gratuity was 80 euro which I had no issues with paying. Elephants Lodge is located within the malaria-free Bellevue Forest Reserve, home to wildlife such as lion and buffalo. The days were full of early mornings and little time to sit around, although a bit more down-time would have been nice. Upon arrival, I noticed the fly screen were damaged throughout the Giraffe chalet. Some flexibility is needed to truely accomplish guests needs and wishes. Ask for a room removed from the restaurant/kitchen/office to avoid noises. but we saw lion, buffalo, rhino and elephant. Had an outstanding trip to Sebatana Private Reserve staying at the Lion Lodge. We were a group of 21 in total, all coming from Norway. This was a problem for most. She endeavoured to take us to see as many animals as possible and when she saw something new to us would take the time to describe what it was etc. The beds were a bit short for some of the long-legged Norwegians, but very comfortable. But every single member of the kitchen were absolutly amazing, and worked so so hard. Food was exceptional, and we opted for the drinks package which is a must as there was some confusion at the end of the stay with others, that didnt take the package. See more questions & answers about this hotel from the Tripadvisor community. Sebatana Private Reserve is a wildlife paradise with a unique collection of 3 seperate 5 star lodges, Rhino, Elephant and Lion. Sebatana Private reserve is one of the best and most unique wildlife experiences in South Africa. Youve got to do this trip. The weather was perfect on our trip as we had no rain on any day. Also please don't expect to see the big 5 at elephant lodge as they only have an illusive leopard, none of the other big five,so you really do need to pay for the additional trips to see them . We stayed at Elephant lodge with our two children aged 12 and 15 years. Some flexibility is needed to truely accomplish guests needs and wishes. Was the change of flight and random seating Newmarket's way of saving a few pennies ??? We got to see 4 out of 5 of the big 5 as the cats were nowhere to be found. thanks for taking your time reading this welcome, welcome. Having booked over twelve months ago for a holiday to the Sebatana game reserve, South Africa I feel completely let down on a once in a life time holiday. The bar staff, the kitchen staff , the gardener, and all the back house or not public facing work tirelessly to ensure everyone had a great stay. I didn't purchase any drinks package as I only drink limited alcohol and am not a fan of sugary drinks (mocktails etc). Staff are friendly and cant do enough for you. We'll worth signing up for the extra tours and the drinks package. I had booked through Hays Travel /Newmarket Holidays, and the price seemed competitive. Just returned on the 2 nd July after an amazing week at sabanta rhino private reserve. Airport pick up and drop off is available for guests. The staff permanently smile and are happy all the time! The newly renovated rooms are divided into 3 different categories allowing for families of up to 5 to stay together in one room. Very fishy behaviour and totally deceptive. Some flexibility is needed to truely accomplish guests needs and wishes. There was generous quantities of food with plenty of food left over. Sebatana Private reserve is one of the best and most unique wildlife experiences in South Africa. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Yes, free parking is available to guests. Including Things that we would never be able to try elsewhere (Impala, Kudu etc). and more in matswani so that it can turn to a place of promise land. Sebatana Private Reserve is a wildlife paradise with a unique collection of 3 seperate 5 star lodges, Rhino, Elephant and Lion. . I cannot praise the staff in the lodge enough for their great service, always smiling, helpful and on hand . Our group was fortunate to have the wonderful Shumba as a guide/driver, we loved him. The staff, the food, the surroundings is amazing. Our room was so beautiful with a walk out, private porch we could sit and watch the river and animals. light your world and see matswani for the last time things change now and then and welcome again we give away a smile on your face. Amazing Memories from Sebatana Elephant Lodge, My first African safari experience, with my 22 year old daughter, my sister and her husband. Knowledgable beyond what you would expect and attention to detail - superb. Good game reserve for photosafari with knowledgeable and nice guides. Value 4.9 Sebatana Private Reserve is a wildlife paradise with a unique collection of 3 seperate 5 star lodges, Rhino, Elephant and Lion. Lion Tries Hiding from Elephant but Ends Up Getting Sprayed. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. Thank you to everyone at Elephant Lodge who made us feel welcome and contributed to our amazing experience! Located within a stone's throw from the entrance to the world famous Udawalawe National Park, Elephant Lodge is a boutique resort built along the spillway of the Udawalawe Reservoir. Sebatana Private reserve is one of the best and most unique wildlife experiences in South Africa. We were apprehensive about doing a group organised holiday as we like our own space and we are both not great social butterflies. However remember its a bit of pot luck, these parks are huge and animals are not constrained to certain sections. The walks around the reserve are so good seeing animals in there own habitat and so close. SIDE BY SIDE where you can share joy has double the happiness, my name is Thabo Simon Manamela a bartender and waiter at Matswani Safari Lodge working for two-three years. Special thanks must go to our rangers, especially Caitlin and Jacques, who were very knowledgeable and accomodating. . This allows you to focus on the "big 5" when you travel to the other game parks.The three trips to other game parks were all great and a necessity if you want to see the "big 5". Hermanudorings Road, Vaalwater 0530 South Africa, There were so many amazing things about this holiday but be careful of their advertised additional trips. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. an apology is a good way to have the last word.spread love everywhere you go.let no one ever come without leaving happier.Stop worrying about the portholes in the road and celebrate the journey! This is truly a paradise on earth. Subsequently the same issue occurred on the return journey, not acceptable on a 10+ flight! Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. Newmarket also failed to inform us that extra trips and drinks packages could be purchased prior to leaving the U.K. as other guests had been informed. The group of people we were with(19 in total) too our guide Carel and Basil were fabulous, including the staff that fed us and kept us in drink and to all the other staff were out of this world. Yes, Sebatana Lion Lodge offers an airport shuttle for guests. This is a MUST see and the best I have ever attended. Outstanding stay but website is a bit misleading, Overall myself and friends had an outstanding stay at the lion lodge having bought package week long deals from travelzoo. The staff and accommodation was excellent. Sebatana Private reserve is one of the best and most unique wildlife experiences in South Africa. Sebatana has been welcoming guests for the past 20 years and our experience and expertise in South Africa ensures our guests the best possible nature and safari experience. This is a MUST see and the best I have ever attended. The water is bore water and no one on our group had any sickness. With no public access, and only a limited number of guests having access to the reserve at any time, guests are ensured the best possible wilderness experience, up close and personal. We recommend calling ahead to confirm details. 5* always so well presented. more. There are a lot of animals close to the lodge, we saw so many giraffes and impalas that we did not bother to take a photo after a few days. what i like about this place is because its side by side. Are there opportunities to exercise at Sebatana Private Reserve? Room types may vary. The rooms were lovely and beautifully kept by the staff, we were in Warthog and were woken by baboons each morning. . Feedback from the others was that night Safari was terrible and finished late. Sebatana Private Reserve is a wildlife paradise with a unique collection of 3 seperate 5 star lodges, Rhino, Elephant and Lion. Massive variation in rooms. Loved the giraffes, walking like a long-legged model and looking at us with the eyes with thick and long eyelashes beautiful! ( Shared joy has double the happiness) also in difficult times it is nice to have someone to hold your hand and cry with you.my point of view is i will make shore that i turn my words in action where i realized that knowing is not enough;we must apply. Matswani Safari Lodge,a place to remember. i can saying a place of royal family because the reality is our friendships and family relationships are so important to us. Left a sour taste in what was otherwise a wonderful experience. We did not register for this trip but then got charged 270 Euro for this three hour trip as we attended so the manager Johann just added us to the sheet. And the best thing for us as a group was, if you don't ask, they definitely cant help. by others who saw it as inauthentic and food was terrible and hard to eat with fingers. For specific enquiries, we recommend calling ahead to confirm. See more questions & answers about this hotel from the Tripadvisor community. For specific inquiries, we recommend calling ahead to confirm. Do your sums carefully. Just returned after an amazing week at Sebanta Rhino lodge. Each has kitchen, bar, pool etc. Arriving at Waterside at Royal Malewane a fabulous safari lodge that's recently opened in Thornybush Private Game Reserve bordering South Africa's famous Kruger National Park we were delighted to see several spiral-horned nyala antelopes wandering through camp, many with babies in tow, making themselves at home as they browsed on the indigenous flower beds and took sips from the . Loved the giraffes, walking like a long-legged model and looking at us with the eyes with thick and long eyelashes beautiful! This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC. What food & drink options are available at Sebatana Private Reserve? With more than 40.000ha in size this malaria free paradise offers guests a truly intimate experience. Sebatana Private Reserve operates four lodges: Rhino, Elephant, Lion and the newly-opened Leopard Lodge, which is our home base for the trip. We were so fortunate to see the big five plus numerous other animals day and night. Pay a little extra and get the bungalow suite with 55 m2. The optional tour package was 350 euro. With no public access, and only a limited number of guests having access to the reserve at any time, guests are ensured the best possible wilderness experience, up close and personal. !One tip would be to pack all toiletries and essentials needed as you are a few hours away from any shop etc. Knowledgable beyond what you would expect and attention to detail - superb. Thank you to everyone at Elephant Lodge who made us feel welcome and contributed to our amazing experience!! The guides did everything they could to make your stay unique and eventful. There are a lot of animals close to the lodge, we saw so many giraffes and impalas. Questions: Why was the original advertised Virgin flight changed? Management needs to listen to their guests. Knowledgable beyond what you would expect and attention to detail - superb. Left a sour taste in what was otherwise a wonderful experience. The staff speaks multiple languages, including English and Afrikaans. I would recommend it highly. The optional tour package was 350 euro. What food & drink options are available at Sebatana Lion Lodge? The water is bore water and no one on our group had any sickness.The food was fantastic! Enjoy your plush bungalow comforts . We were divided into 3 groups to explore the area with our own truck with guide/driver. We ended up on her cruiser throughout the holiday with 3 other fab couples and we have all.said we will keep in touch, which is lovely. Are there opportunities to exercise at Sebatana Elephant Lodge? There are more places to choose from in the, Frequently Asked Questions about Sebatana Private Reserve. The lodge, itself was clean and the staff made the holiday. We have had memories we will never forget, thanks to you all! Very first drive the track was blocked by an enormous bull giraffe! The week just got better and better - only con I can quote was that booze prices are pretty high, as are the goods in the gift shop. What a wonderful holiday . The beds were a bit short for some of the long-legged Norwegians, but very comfortable. Antonia was a lovely addition to the team. It's a classic East African-style lodge with a rustic thatched roof, elegant wrought iron chandeliers, leather Chesterfield armchairs and ample artworks depicting the wildlife found on the reserve and beyond. Luke and Jurie were our safari guides and they went out of their way for the best trips we could have had even finding us a cheetah! Loved the experiencetrulybut a few things lacking. They had suffered severe storm damage shortly before our arrival which did not detract from our enjoyment of the venue. We only took the Pilansberg national Park one. Thank you to everyone at Elephant Lodge who made us feel welcome and contributed to our amazing experience!! I didn't purchase any drinks package as I only drink limited alcohol and am not a fan of sugary drinks (mocktails etc). Had an outstanding trip to Sebatana Private Reserve staying at the Lion Lodge. What a wonderful holiday . The resort doesn't offer the Big 5 as advertised which has been fed back, however there is ample opportunity to see them in a mixture of included or optional excursions. Sebatana Private reserve is one of the best and most unique wildlife experiences in South Africa. We were served various forms of game meat each night which was tasty and delicious. Our tour was booked through Tripadeal Australia and 12 of the 14 people on the tour was Australian. There was generous quantities of food with plenty of food left over.All the staff were friendly and happy. A couple of things to note; There are optional drives/activities that cost 300. We didn't take out the drinks packages as we don't drink alcohol, so just having soft drinks each day and paying for them worked out far cheaper than the. We had Caitlen, who was absolutely fantastic and a credit to the lodge. The days were full on with no time to sit around, although abit of down time would of been nice. Excellent 46 reviews #15 of 56 Specialty lodging in Vaalwater Location Cleanliness Service Value 5 star Lodge primarily sold as package tours from scandinavia including flights, transfers, meals and acitivities. We were led to believe that this was going to be included. With more than 40.000ha in size this malaria free paradise offers guests a truly intimate experience.