A few places in Prestwich do not have any cover so with the weather not being fantastic we came here. Folk is rated accordingly in the following categories by Tripadvisor travellers: 401 Bury New Road, Prestwich, Bury M25 1AA England. Write a Review Details PRICE RANGE 5 - 15 CUISINES International, Healthy, Bar I'm so glad we did! Such a shame for such a cozy neighbourhood establishment. Last August there was live music accompanying our Sunday roast which was fantastic, I hope that can return soon as it would make this restaurant stand out from the others in the area. so glad we did! We have been to Folk plenty of times and keep returning, which, says something. We were greeted and seated by a lady (must have been the manager) she was a great host felt like wed known her for years! The food and drinks are simply mediocre. I cant help but feeling they are missing a trick here!Last August there was live music accompanying our Sunday roast which was fantastic, I hope that can return soon as it would make this restaurant stand out from the others in the area. 2 vegan sausages, pickled sun dried tomato, fried egg, mushrooms, beans, sliced avocado, hash brown and sourdough. We left and sadly based on this experience, are unlikely to return. All round great venue - couple of improvements needed. Seriously I can't praise it enough. Coming back without a doubt! Please can you email me directly with some more information on racheal@folkcafebar.co.ukThanks,Racheal, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. We got there for the doors opening, firstcustomers in. A choice of 2 or 3 courses. My partner is vegetarian and when we came for dinnerMore, Visited Folk recently, it was the first time wed been in since it opened. @loveprestwich. The menu also contains a lot of food that sounds great on paper. The avocado on toast with eggs is good value for money. Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information. Are the prices at this restaurant mid-range / moderate? Prestwich M25 1AW Restaurant/Cafe/Canteen. There was knowone on front of house which is fair enough if they were already seeing to other guests, so we waited, and waited, and waited, whilst other staff saw us stood there and just ignored us. I cant help but feeling they are missing a trick here! There are some improvements which could be made, for example I drove here for breakfast in April as their Instagram stated they were open at 10am. Lovely atmosphere like I said bit of a wait but totally understandable. For breakfast alone, it's worth the visit. We were seated around the back of the bar and the wifi didnt work properly. Drinks are always slow, twice we have had our coffee arrive at the same time as our meal, but the staff are happy to bring a fresh hot drink back once requested. Then tried to have a bit of lunch on Yew Years Eve and were rudely ushered off an apparently empty table which was apparently reserved, by someone who clearly wantedMore, Hi, If youre running short of petrol or lighter fuel you need to order the Chenin Blanc. more, Mexican, Brew Pub, British, Healthy, Central American, Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Table Service, Highchairs Available. A few rounds in and I got aMore, Hey soft manc, when you had the wrong beers poured you should've said and we would've made you new drinks. Food ranges from average to really odd, something just doesnt quite work- the Asian twist makes the food taste strange and misses the mark as its not particularly well done especially with the pickles and the slider. There was also elements of my dish missing. However, this particular night the attitude of the bar people was shocking and I'm not sure why it hasn't changed or a conversation has not happened to change this as it appears to be a universal experience. I don't believe in slamming small businesses, but if a small business treats it's customers with disrespect there are repercussions and kinder businesses to support. Ive been here a few times now, for brunch, lunch and on a night out. Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page. the dishes and non have ever disappointed. No smile, made us feel like a burden and even slammed down a drink for my daughter. the dishes and non have ever disappointed. Food ranges from average toreally odd, something just doesnt quite work- the Asian twist makes the food taste strange and misses the mark as its not particularly well done especially with the pickles and the slider. Lots of love, Folk x, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Menu Login/Register Enter a location to see results close by Submit search . They need to improve the quality of the food. However they have said they dont have i cakes a couple of times, which makes me think they are just bought in and heated up, rather than homemade. I cant help but feeling they are missing a trick here! Drinks are always slow, twice we have had our coffee arrive at the same time as our meal, but the staff are happy to bring a fresh hot drink back once requested. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our. All great. he pushed those specials the food was mint, thoroughly enjoyed. 132 Bury New Road, Prestwich, M25 0AA By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies. Chicken was better than the beef, The food was delicious, the staff were really good and the beer was good as usual - will return soon. There was also elements of my dish missing. Shamereally as the place has got potential.More, We were hoping to have a Saturday morning breakfast here as a family (me, my husband and 2 kids), so popped in and stood waiting to be seated. Coming back without a doubt! Food not as good as it used to be and a very restrictive choice. There was also elements of my dish missing. I ordered a Decaf Black Americano. Absolutely fantastic, thank you!More. All very nice. 2,391 were here. All the staff are amazing and very friendly! The menu also contains a lot of food that sounds great on paper. I've seen extremely negative reviews about the treatment from staff and via people who have experienced it firsthand. After hearing similar complaints, I believe this review is necessary and justified. I've seen extremely negative reviews about the treatment from staff and via people who have experienced it firsthand. Get quick answers from FOLK. They replaced the hot smoked salmon in the salad for smoked salmon, thinking there wouldn't be much difference as the rest of the salad described sounded delicious. Actually ended up leaving before ordering food as it was that bad. Selling due to clearing out of gear! Distance from search location: 240 miles | Prestwich, Manchester . Non-Governmental & Nonprofit Organization Prestwich, Manchester burylibdems.org.uk Joined August 2010. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. Hi L90MAW, Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I am sorry to read your feedback regarding your food. I rang and messaged them, but it seemed they were quite unorganised. There are some improvements which could be made, for example I drove here for breakfast in April as their Instagram stated they were open at 10am. The avocado on toast with eggs is good value for money. Came here with my sister for brunch and loved it. This was really annoying because it was only 24 hours earlier that they posted their opening times. It even rained and we didn't really notice as the cover was good. Overall a great place for both couples and families, hopefully they can iron out the odd issue and this place will be even more enjoyable. Well be back again but the kitchen needs to be addressed. Last year, popular West Didsbury caf bar Folk opened its second site in the former Solita unit on the corner of Bury New Road and Church Lane. Folk Prestwich Back To Manchester, UK 13.00 mi Food $$ +44 161 798 5219 403 Bury New Road, Prestwich, Manchester, UK M25 1AA Hours Mon 10:00am-11:00pm Tue 10:00am-11:00pm Wed 10:00am-11:00pm Thu Corn on the cob was delicious. https://booking.resdiary.com/widget/Standard/Gorge/27311 Restaurant & Bar . However, this particular night the attitude of the bar people was shocking and I'm not sure why it hasn't changed or a conversation has not happened to change this as it appears to be a universal experience. The wine is a good price though! Then 2 ladies came in after us, and the same staff who had seen us stood there, proceeded to assist them and lead them to be seated. But then I saw some familiar faces (and heard the whining voices)More. Bacon, lettuce, cheese, gherkins, burger sauce and fries. Seriously I can't praise it enough. I can still taste it. The fine decor and pleasant atmosphere let guests feel relaxed here. Can't fault the ingredients andit keeps me going for the day. All the Shapes Prestwich M25 3HN Pub/bar/nightclub. It soon got busy, few big groups started to trickle in. I cant help but feeling they are missing a trick here! I really wish they would make an effort to put a decent sign up on the front, as this place has so much potential but anyone driving past would easilymiss it as its barely readable. Then 2 ladies came in after us, and the same staff who had seen us stood there, proceeded to assist them and lead them to be seated. Disappointed. I have tired the steaks and eggs, (excellent but small) and the pancakes being the same, tasty but small. DoubleTree by Hilton Hotels in Manchester, Hotels near (MAN) Manchester Intl Airport, Hotels near (LPL) Liverpool John Lennon Airport, Asian Restaurants with Buffet in Manchester, Italian Restaurants for Large Groups in Manchester, Late Night Thai Restaurants in Manchester, Best Sukiyaki & Shabu Shabu in Manchester, Restaurants for Group Dining in Manchester, Restaurants for Special Occasions in Manchester, Restaurants with Outdoor Seating in Manchester, Mediterranean Restaurants for Lunch in Rusholme. I ordered the Smoked Salmon Salad, Gemma ordered the Steak and Eggs and Lucy ordered the Poached Eggs/ Avo on Toast. Then 2 ladies came in after us, and the same staff who had seen us stood there, proceeded to assist them and lead them to be seated. Check back during business hours to place an order. Are the prices at this restaurant mid-range / moderate? When our meals arrived I continued to be dissatisfied as half my daughters meal had to be substituted in the first place. We left and sadly based on this experience, are unlikely to return. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Both my eggs florentine and my friends full breakfast were delicious with excellent quality ingredients. Hopefully this was just teething problems to opening back up. This 12th-Fret 00 Folk is fitted with 675. bacon gristle was uncooked - not how it should be. Pancakes with bacon and maple syrup thebacon gristle was uncooked - not how it should be. The avocado on toast with eggs is good value for money. In those terms 2/3 people have had to work there entire lives,and potentially all the tax they pay goes to just those two payments to Mr. McAlpine and Mr . Checkin : 3:00 PM Checkout : 10:00 AM Brand name : Airmanaged_C Number rooms : 1. I'm so glad we did! Be one of the first to write a review! Folk is rated accordingly in the following categories by Tripadvisor travellers: 401 Bury New Road, Prestwich, Bury M25 1AA England. The burger sauce was inedible because it didnt pair well with the main. Details PRICE RANGE 4 - 7 CUISINES British FEATURES Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Highchairs Available, Wheelchair Accessible, Accepts Credit Cards View all details about Location and contact 478 Bury Old Road 478, Prestwich, Bury M25 1NL England Website +44 161 798 0787 Improve this listing Reviews (7) We perform checks on reviews Write a review I prefer other places in Prestwich to be honest. Card in Stuff for Sale in Prestwich, Manchester Refine (3) . Good atmosphere. I'mso glad we did! Went in for lunch. This 12th-Fret 00 Folk is fitted with 675. In fact, avoid altogether as its not the same as it used to be.More, A very enjoyable experience. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Various used folk guitar books. Sauted spinach. Are the prices at this restaurant mid-range / moderate? I have tired the steaks and eggs, (excellent but small) and the pancakes being the same, tasty but small. Vangoa 4/4 Acoustic Guitar Full Size Spruce Dreadnought Cutaway Folk G Bury, Manchester I'm not a massive foodie and am definitely not easily impressed, but honestly the food was just amazing. Flat iron steak, poached egg, sauted potatoes, spinach and chimichurri. I ordered a Decaf Black Americano. DoubleTree by Hilton Hotels in Manchester, Hotels near (MAN) Manchester Intl Airport, Hotels near (LPL) Liverpool John Lennon Airport, Asian Restaurants with Buffet in Manchester, Italian Restaurants for Large Groups in Manchester, Late Night Thai Restaurants in Manchester, Best Sukiyaki & Shabu Shabu in Manchester, Restaurants for Group Dining in Manchester, Restaurants for Special Occasions in Manchester, Restaurants with Outdoor Seating in Manchester, Mediterranean Restaurants for Lunch in Rusholme. When our meals arrived I continued to be dissatisfied as half my daughters meal had to be substituted in the first place. The halloumi was battered way too heavily. Menu Login/Register Enter a location to see results close by Submit search . The food and drinks are simply mediocre. Rufus Bar & Kitchen Overall a great place for both couples and families, hopefully they can iron out the odd issue and this place will be even more enjoyable. Pancakes with bacon and maple syrup the bacon gristle was uncooked - not how it should be. thanks Folk. Liam was brilliant at the bar for us all night andMore, Came in saturday daytime was lovely vibe, we was seates by a lovely young lady which we can only persume was some sort of manager we had 2 dogs and there was 8 of us and it was pretty busy they was full in ourMore. 169-171 Burton Road, Manchester M20 2LN England +44 7717 000137 Website Menu Closes in 13 min: See all hours See all (38) 26 There aren't enough food, service, value or atmosphere ratings for FOLK., United Kingdom yet. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Premier Inn Manchester (Prestwich) hotel, Prestwich: See 1,018 traveller reviews, 57 user photos and best deals for Premier Inn Manchester (Prestwich) hotel, ranked #1 of 2 Prestwich hotels, rated 4.5 of 5 at Tripadvisor. customers in. The chef should take more effort to put more pride into what he is sending out of the kitchen.More, Terrible customer service! From 11th January we will be serving a set menu for lunch. Wonderful gift 15. It had little bits of Feta and Onion in the smash and served on some great sourdough and again, topped with the most deliciously oozy poached egg! Definitely recommend. I've never had an overwhelmingly positive or negative experience here from the three times I've come, but after this one night I feel inclined to write a review. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Please can you email me directly with some more information on racheal@folkcafebar.co.uk Cards only. I have tired the steaks and eggs, (excellent but small) and the pancakes being the same, tasty but small. We have visited Folk a few times since its opening, a lovely addition to Prestwich. and they have started advertising live music so its probably a good night out if you justwant to drink.More. Istanbul Grill Prestwich: Family meal out - See 1,084 traveler reviews, 256 candid photos, and great deals for Prestwich, UK, at Tripadvisor. However they have said they dont have i cakes a couple of times, which makes me think they are just bought in and heated up, rather than homemade. The food and drinks are simply mediocre. Lovely place for a glass of wine. Folk, Prestwich: See 52 unbiased reviews of Folk, rated 3 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #61 of 96 restaurants in Prestwich. It had little bits of Feta and Onion in the smash and served on some great sourdough and again, topped with the most deliciously oozy poached egg! The menu isnt huge but what they do have is done to a great standard. I've seen the variable reviews here, and have to say I've only ever eaten the breakfast (see photo). Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page. I have tired the steaks and eggs, (excellent but small) and the pancakes being the same, tasty but small. it keeps me going for the day. 10/10 rating all round :)More, Thank you so much, we're so glad you enjoy what we do x, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Truly awful. The service was really quick, the food was amazing and they catered to my dairy allergy too. Actually ended up leaving before ordering food as it was that bad. Bars near The Goods In Prestwich ; Most Popular Shows and Events in Manchester. Lovely place for a glass of wine.Food very ordinary. Lots of other bars in PrestwichMore, Been for breakfast a few times and love the place but came for dinner the other night and Folk has now become our favourite place in Prestwich may as well be our second home. Folk: Overpriced - See 53 traveler reviews, 5 candid photos, and great deals for Prestwich, UK, at Tripadvisor. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. Had a few beers and some food. Ill be back. Absolutely fantastic, thank you! The menu isnt huge but what they do have is done to a great standard. Prestwich. Since there are a plethora of sexual wellness . Get quick answers from Folk staff and past visitors. They replaced the hot smoked salmon in the salad for smoked salmon, thinking there wouldn't be much difference as the rest of the salad described sounded delicious. Follow. thanks Folk. A better place than Solitas must say. However, they were closed. Would recommend it if youre looking for a great brunch at a casual pace. and they have started advertising live music so its probably a good night out if you just want to drink. Last night, however, I went to an event at which the chef was trying out new dishes and all I can say is that it was absolutely incredible. I ordered a Decaf Black Americano. We were then met by an unfriendly waitress with no apology, and told food would be half an hours wait. I cant help but feeling they are missing a trick here! We visited for a family meal and really enjoyed the food that we had but were disappointed with the service. They replaced the hot smoked salmon in the salad for smoked salmon, thinking there wouldn't be much difference as the rest of the salad described sounded delicious. Andrew j, Owner at FOLK., responded to this review, Andy, Owner at FOLK., responded to this review, 8 best cities to visit in England and what you can do in each. New Wave . It's friendly with a relaxing vibe and the food has alwaysbeen good. I ordered the Smoked Salmon Salad, Gemma ordered the Steak and Eggs and Lucy ordered the Poached Eggs/ Avo on Toast. The menu also contains a lot of food that sounds great on paper. Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information. Wine and Wallop Prestwich, 403 Bury New Rd / Wine and Wallop Prestwich menu Wine and Wallop Prestwich Menu Add to wishlist Add to compare #289 of 3535 cafes in Manchester #7 of 68 cafes in Prestwich Proceed to the restaurant's website Upload menu Menu added by users November 22, 2022 Menu added by users September 29, 2022 Seriously I can't praise it enough. 10/10 rating all round :)More, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. The burger sauce was inedible because it didnt pair well with the main. Where There's A Well Manchester M25 0AA Restaurant/Cafe/Canteen. We left and sadly based on this experience, are unlikely to return.More, I use the word 'Breakfast' and not 'Brunch' as this was truly our Sunday Morning Breakfast. Speisekarte. Business open hours and service may differ. Really cool vibes, all the staff are so friendly and had excellent recommendations. Lucy and Arthur looked after us,More, Me and my partner decide to challenge the weather and try out folk, the new addition to the Prestwich community. 0 HEAD 1 SOUR PAF 2 NAME Personal Ancestral File 2 VERS 4.0.4.18 2 CORP The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 3 ADDR 50 East North Temple Street 4 CONT Salt Lake City, U been good. Had a lovely breakfast and coffee. Be one of the first to write a review! A few places in Prestwich do not have any cover so with the weather not being fantastic we came here. There was also elements of my dish missing. Electronic . V, VE. Will probably not return here again only due to the fact both times I've visited the time taken for food to be put on the table is way too long. Mozs hollandaise is the best Ive ever had and ellens latte art is breathtaking. There was also elements of my dish missing. Just need to get the food right and I think it would be a great place. Drinks are always slow, twice we have had our coffee arrive at the same time as our meal, but the staff are happy to bring a fresh hot drink back once requested. There was knowone on front of house which is fair enough if they were already seeing toother guests, so we waited, and waited, and waited, whilst other staff saw us stood there and just ignored us. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. more, Mexican, Brew Pub, British, Healthy, Central American, Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Table Service, Highchairs Available. Prestwich. Prestwich, Manchester . New year, new lunch menu. This was really annoying because it was only 24 hours earlier that they posted their opening times. We do come here for drinks sometimes during the day and have always found staff to be fairly attentive with service good. There are some improvements which could be made, for example I drove here for breakfast in April as their Instagram stated they were open at 10am. more, There aren't enough food, service, value or atmosphere ratings for, Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options, Gluten Free Options, Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. After bringing up the issue with the polite server he then delivered the rest of the meal. Menu has a great variation and I've had many ofthe dishes and non have ever disappointed. Welcome to OSMA. Country & Folk . It even rained and we didn't really notice as the cover was good. We do come here for drinks sometimes during the day and have always found staff to be fairly attentive with service good. Would highly recommend for a cosy night out. I would recommend for a brunch with friends. I rang and messaged them, but it seemed they were quite unorganised. Tempura was really thick batter and slimy, garlic bread was poor and the chicken skewers were cold.