My post from earlier in the thread was accurate as of his last tournament in 2022. 2.22.22 pic.twitter.com/kn2728sx0v, PGA TOUR Champions (@ChampionsTour) March 4, 2022. He talked about his irons when he made the change to SF i110 X flex. LOL! Some found it funny, but his SO loved the idea. The original shaft was an Aldila RIP 105 TX, but Fred has since switched into the SteelFiber. The general consensus among tour players so far has been that the Paradym models offer tighter downrange dispersion than the previous Rogue ST lineup, and thats exactly why Burns says he switched, too. Couples also made another big equipment change in 2020 thats worth noting. Stories. You can see in the instagram video that he still has the Bridgestone dual pocket irons with Steelfiber shafts (i95 stiff I think) same irons for many years now. Its more compact, which I like the look of. Couples has 13 wins on the senior circuit most recently in 2017 at the American Family Insurance Championship as well as two senior majors, the 2011 Constellation Energy Senior Players and the 2012 Senior Open Championship. I don't like people touching my equipment either. Hes also still using a Callaway FT-i Squareway fairway wood from 2008. 38 VIEW ANALYSIS AND HIGHLIGHTS > 35 Home. I think if other people saw it they would probably see that it sits slightly open, but to my eye it sits square. His first ended in a Fred Couples has earned his net worth through his many professional wins in the PGA tours and Champions tours, and sponsorship. Ive dropped a few photos in below, but make sure to browse all of our photos from Bay Hill to see more custom Arnie-inspired merch. Remember its 2008 and shaft reps usually had test clubs built up to speed the process up. Its been easy,much easier than going heavier as far as the feels go.. His first ended in a On the other hand I was surprised to find out Freddie prefers offset and longer blade length. I mean that is consistent. Thats not arrogant its a commitment to only playing equipment that he loves. Guys that confident with opening up with the pw? Start the Golf Season off right with InsideGOLF ($100 value - just $20). WebFred Couples is now married to his longtime girlfriend, Suzanne Hanneman. At 63 years old, he was able to produce something incredible. God is capitalized. Welcome to Wall-to-Wall Equipment, the Monday morning gear wrap-up in which GOLF equipment editorJonathan Walltakes you through the latest trends, rumors and breaking news. Please PM with any questions and no trades!!!!! July 11, 2022 Richard Heathcote Fred has been making news lately. Most of the time that club is in his hands the face is open, which moves the impact location towards the toe. WebFred Couples is now married to his longtime girlfriend, Suzanne Hanneman. Whats with the weird Bridgestone golf ball ad thrown into the middle of the article? What GolfWRXers are saying about the best driving irons. Here in Utah we golf a lot during the season and he is a no glove, Ping golfer! Not sure on wedges. Thanks for reading. PUTTER: Bettinardi FC Proto (37 Inches, 71 Lie, 3 degrees of loft with 17 Lamkin Grip). For a Seattle-born gear junkie (me), pretty much anything the guy does is a big deal. Especially when its so hard to find new talks without any golf. The putter is a heavy-headed counterbalanced beauty. The PGA Tour Champions is in Phoenix this week for the Charles Schwab Cup Championship, and Fred paid a visit to Ping HQ on Monday to test some gear. Shaft: Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65 TX (45 1/4). July 11, 2022 Richard Heathcote Fred has been making news lately. Not only do they resemble a club from his past (Ping Eye 2) but they have a few things Freddy loves. Fred Couples new iron setup. Fred Couples and his new wife, Suzanne, said I do, on 2-22-22. I don't wear a glove either so I could totally see that side of it. He also tipped his Fujikura Ventus 7TX shaft a half inch for a bit more stability. (Photo by Jed Jacobsohn/Getty Images). Schauffele has switched back into a red Odyssey putter at Bay Hill this week, but its the not the same one that he used from 2020-2022. For me I feel like this one is a little more consistent with the misses. GolfWRX_Spotted posted a topic in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment, Tuesday at 04:47 PM, GolfWRX_Spotted posted a topic in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment, February 20, GolfWRX_Spotted posted a topic in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment, February 13, GolfWRX_Spotted posted a topic in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment, February 6, GolfWRX_Spotted posted a topic in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment, January 31, By Adam Scott switched to a 46-inch driver in Houston. Started 2 hours ago. We will confirm if any or all go in play. Not sure of his iron heads, but he has Steelfiber i110 soft stepped X shafts in irons. I would have expected it more from a Tiger Woods type. Scores. Your previous content has been restored. Can't seem to find any more recent Fred Couples WITB on here or elsewhere. It is like he invented it (along with Howie Mandel). Since the toe is moving at a slightly faster speed than the heel/neck, the face impacts the ball with more speed causing the ball to compress a bit more than the heel, but at the same time due to the very low MOI of the wedge head that speed decreases almost instantly after the strike causing it to lose ball speed and the ball to come off the face more dead. WebFred Couples @ The 2022 Mitsubishi Electric Classic - YouTube 0:00 / 20:32 Fred Couples @ The 2022 Mitsubishi Electric Classic Mike Granch 2.58K subscribers 254 Thanks for reading. In his long career, Fred Couples has won 64 tournaments. What GolfWRXers are saying about beginner iron club recommendations, What GolfWRXers are saying about the best fairway woods off the turf. With the help of the people who get clubs in his bag and the man himself, here is the what and the why of Fred Couples WITB. Brian Cooper was 17 shots better Friday than his last outing on the PGA Tour Champions. Fred can have them any way he wants. Wilson Staff ProModels are designed to elevate your game while make the misses a little more forgiving. Speaking of Arnold Palmer, the modern companies on the PGA Tour turned it up as always to celebrate Arnie and Bay Hill this week. Couples isnt one to play around in that category and has tested (at home) different sets from time to time but hasnt ever found that true replacement for the Bridgestone Dual Pocket CB he has loved for 10 years. Thats exciting. He currently plays on the PGA Tour and is a former world number 1 golfer. Thank you Blake. You can not find too many of these prototypes anywhere. (AP Photo/Chris O'Meara) Hit the same iron with low spin and high spin balls. Ive had mine for two years, Your email address will not be published. Always has an interesting bag equipment wise. Irons are J38 style built in 2015 when they did the J15 release. Ive done some testing when I worked for the JP golf media once and found that there are a bunch of tour pros that deliberately strike their wedges on the toe to increase spin and decrease ball speed, especially on partial distances. Watch. Whenever I see an article about Couples club make up I have to scratch my head and wonder why I drank the Kool-aide from the major mgfs that makes me want new clubs. ", "Bridgestones were back in the bag. Shaft: Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 (+1/8 from STD, 65 degrees lie) At 45.75 inches in length, Viktor Hovland already plays one of the longer drivers on the PGA Tour. https://www.instagram.com/reel/CjyHDwBP94E/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=. | Couples new irons GolfWRX, Wilson Staff Recoil Staff Model 95 F4 Matte finish irons, Sincerely, Arnold Palmer The Latrobe Legacy Campaign. In actuality, Scott, who was making his first start since the U.S. Open, was working his way into the latest version of Titleists Pro V1x ball when inquired about the possibility of testing a longer driver shaft. To be honest its a turf interaction thing. I believe he put a Tmade 4 driving iron, with a KBS shaft during the Masters. The 2022 SAS Championship final leaderboard is headed by winner Fred Couples, who earned the win on the 2022 PGA Tour Champions schedule at Prestonwood Country Club in Cary, N.C. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. Im used to jerks because we are all kinda jerks. Driver - TaylorMade Sim Max 9*, 45", Fujikura Speeder 661 Evolution VI, Mini-Driver - TaylorMade Sim Max (12* @ 13.5*), 43.75", Project X Hzrdus Black 75 6.0, Fairway Wood - Ping G410, (17.5*), 42.5", Project X Hzrdus Black 75 6.0, Hybrid - Ping Anser 17* / 20*, Ping TFC800h, Wedges - Cleveland RTX ZipCore, 52*-58*, DG Tour Issue Spinner, Putter Ping Vault Oslo Stealth H, UST All-In Putter shaft. (AP Photo/Chris O'Meara) I needed to go and try something else. His first ended in a Ranked just 128th in driving accuracy on the PGA Tour so far in 2022-23, Burns was looking for greater forgiveness from his driver, and he finally made a switch this week at Bay Hill. He's never said but most likely doesn't like people touching his clubs. Two things that Fred and I have in common. Didnt see the rest of the bag from the tv coverage. Copyright 2020 GolfWRX Holdings, LLC. 3-WOOD: Callaway FTI Squareway (15 degrees) Hes my hero, my old mans hero and my citys hero. Most of the players I bagged for had no clue what they were hitting. I really have only done some shaft changes this year. The ball tells him whats going on. March 4, 2022 12:15 pm ET. Driver looked like a Stealth Plus with Tensei CK Pro Blue. No glove and now Pings! Fred Couples First reached World No 1: March 22, 1992 As a Lynx ambassador Couples carried the brands driver and irons along with equipment from four other brands. Not sure on wedges. Bridgestone Tour 201mb and 201cb. On the LIV Golf-PGA Tour divide, Fred Couples is siding with Tiger, with Jay Monahan, with Rory. Required fields are marked *. Your email address will not be published. Fred Couples and his new wife, Suzanne, said I do, on 2-22-22. Upload or insert images from URL. Never got the real info but in the past he has liked quite a bit of bounce in his FW wedges. WebFred Couples, right, talks with Butch Harmon before practice for the 2007 Masters golf tournament at the Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, Ga., Wednesday, April 4, 2007. Fred Couples and his new wife, Suzanne, said I do, on 2-22-22. Lol! Any information will be appreciated. WebFred Couples 1st Round @ The 2022 Masters - YouTube 0:00 / 20:59 Fred Couples 1st Round @ The 2022 Masters Mike Granch 2.58K subscribers Subscribe 233K views 10 So I noticed that the club, or the shaft, started to feel a little weak. I tried to go heavier with everything from DG 120s to X100s and then just 10 grams heavier in the same wood shafts. I based what I play on feel more than anything but I think I should throw that out the window and do some testing and just look at spin numbers. Fred Couples still moves the needle. Driver: GolfWRX is on the ground in Orlando ahead of the 2023 Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill Club & Lodge. Hes learned nothing Olympic legend launches scathing attack on Tiger Woods over tampon apology, Golf fans left bemused following bizarre Jim Nantz blunder, Best driver 2023: Expert club fitters recommend the best driver for your swing speed, An UP-CLOSE look at Tiger Woods famous Scotty Cameron putter, David Feherty ridiculed for Greg Norman comment during LIV broadcast, Tour pro says LIV would be done if Brooks Koepka returned to PGA Tour, TOUR REPORT: McIlroy switches drivers during Genesis Invitational (plus Tigers iron change). Why the mid-event switch-up? Cink wins a few weeks back with Ping i210. Learn how your comment data is processed. Keep up the great work. Its a fact the guy is a fanatic about them being right and not fussed with, but the how and why for Fred is irrelevant. Its always a guy with a name like Blake who wants to play but only by his rules. @McIlroyRory definitely has Augusta on his mind. those are not j15 cbs, they are j38 dpcs with a j15 stamp. So, the other thread isn't talking about WITB. | Couples new irons GolfWRX. You can post now and register later. @ John Wunder does Freddie Pure his shafts? Clear editor. Beautiful set that needs no introduction. Couples is proof that age is just a number. Always has an interesting bag equipment wise. And, with that, we say goodbye to the 2023 Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill. His particular issue is that he doesn't want anyone touching his grips. You hear complaints about low spin irons I would like to see more testers use different balls when they test. Pasted as rich text. I dont think a lot of us are chasing distance, were just trying to get it tighter. Yep I saw that video on one of my feeds. WebFred Couples is an American professional golfer who has a net worth of $120 million. Id guess Freddie has bagged a lot during his career. jarediogolf Driver: Lynx Boom Boom9 Fairway wood: Ram Laser Irons: Lynx Parallax Wedges: Cleveland Drop them a line as they may have lost your contact details and club specs. Something to note: Fred is nuts about his sticks but not in the way we are at WRX. Where'd you grab all this from, videos or images? The couple tied the knots on February 22, 2022. If there were GolfWRX Gearhead points to award, Cantlay just won them all for this week. Thats how we landed on this. I needed to go and try something else. I thought maybe going heavier in everything would help me hit it a little straighter. Paste as plain text instead, PGA Tour Champions released a good couple of minutes video of him testing a three wood last week. So then I went to L.A. and I put my driver up a click in loft. WebCouples, 62, was inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame in 2013 after winning more than $30 million in prize money during a professional career that began in 1980. 5 Testers Needed! GOLF.COM may earn a fee. Speaking of Arnold Palmer, the modern companies on the PGA Tour turned it up as always to celebrate Arnie and Bay Hill this week. Fred is VERY particular about people touching his clubs. Driver: GolfWRX is on the ground in Orlando ahead of the 2023 Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill Club & Lodge. Hes learned nothing Olympic legend launches scathing attack on Tiger Woods over tampon apology, Golf fans left bemused following bizarre Jim Nantz blunder, Best driver 2023: Expert club fitters recommend the best driver for your swing speed, An UP-CLOSE look at Tiger Woods famous Scotty Cameron putter, David Feherty ridiculed for Greg Norman comment during LIV broadcast, Tour pro says LIV would be done if Brooks Koepka returned to PGA Tour, TOUR REPORT: McIlroy switches drivers during Genesis Invitational (plus Tigers iron change). Critics say new PGA Tour events copy LIV. I feel like this Stealth 2 head for me has just got a little more spin on it, but at a more neutral or what I perceive to be a more neutral face angle. The new ball-driver combination resulted in near-immediate gains for Scott, who led the field in driving distance (326.4 yards) while recording the longest drive of the tournament at 369 yards. Yay! Not because hes difficult, hes just Fred Couples, and if hes making a switch its gotta do more than just impress on TrackMan. Something to note: Fred is nuts about his sticks but not in the way we are at WRX. I have been swinging the golf club just a little bit faster lately, and thats by design. Shaft: Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75 X (45.25 inches, D3) If it works dont fix it! WebFred Couples Scorecards Round By Round - 2023 - SAS Championship - Golf. And the heavy change was really difficult for me to have similar feels. From the seller (@llewol007): Up for sale is a beautiful set of irons with Bigfoot status shafts. Tiger Woods weighs in, Augusta National officially announces new tee, yardage for par-5 13th, Take our Masters survey for a chance to win a 2023 Odyssey White Hot putter, This former Masters champion says 2023 will be his last, 'Mood killer': Adam Scott recalls Masters Champions Dinner awkwardness. Even at 61 years old. All wedges with True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 shafts. Fred Couples and his new wife, Suzanne, said I do, on 2-22-22. Now Couples switches to them. (AP Photo/Chris O'Meara) The general consensus among tour players so far has been that the Paradym models offer tighter downrange dispersion than the previous Rogue ST lineup, and thats exactly why Burns says he switched, too. Hes one of the all time greats. It looked like he had a Taylormade Stealth 5 or 7 wood in the bag. Fred Couples bag has been instrumental in his success as a golfer. Millard says that Couples liked the driver so much that he wanted to try some Ping irons, too. Driver: Lynx Boom Boom9 Fairway wood: Ram Laser Irons: Lynx Parallax Wedges: Cleveland found optimal launch with a Ping G425 LST, 7 interesting gear finds inside Tommy Fleetwood's golf bag | Bag Spy, Upgrade your bag with these Arnold Palmer head covers, How to prevent golf-club damage | Fully Equipped Mailbag, Don't risk buying counterfeit golf clubs | Fully Equipped podcast, Patrick Reed dishes on whether there may be LIV drama at Masters Champions Dinner, Back by popular demand, you can bring the Masters to your door, EA Sports' lifelike Augusta National replication praised by club's caddies, Scottie Scheffler 'clueless' about Masters Champions Dinner protocol, LIV tension at Masters Champions Dinner? Its not a weird ad, if you wanna know why a player can maintain older equipment for a longer period of time, the golf ball is the lynchpin of the whole thing. They will join a 78-player field competing in the first full-field event of the 2022 PGA Tour Champions season, Friday-Sunday, Feb. 18-20, for a share of a $1.6 million purse. Will try to find some photos. Please do that. McIlroy posted a photo on his social media feed of a bevy of balls with a peach logo centrally located just below the TaylorMade stamp. Started middling that and started to get way more consistent spin numbers, sort of in the range that I like. Betti putter", watched him play at Goat Hill in the Wishbone brawl at the end of 2021 very up close and he had glide eye 2 wedges, Hickory Bag: Brassie, Mid Iron, Mashie, Mashie Niblick, Niblick, Putter, Driver: PXG 12*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 63 6.0, Long Game: PXG 13*, PXG 16*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 83 6.5 (flip between the two), Driving Iron: PXG 0311 4 iron bent 17.5*; ProForce VTS 100HX (finally found a driving that works), Irons: NIKE VR Pro CBs Raw 4 - PW: Aldila RIP Tour 115 s,these are similar length irons (4 iron 37.75, PW 36.25)7, Wedges: Titleist Vokey 50F, 54D, 58S: DG S300 (will sometimes add in the 58* on shorter courses), Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5 35 inches: Super Stroke GP Tour, FWIW - This is from a little over 2 1/2 years ago, GolfWRX Insider: An exclusive look inside the bag of Fred Couples. HYBRID: TaylorMade R11 TP (19 degrees) Ive never felt the need to call someone a jerk on an online forum, because it would take an overwhelming jerk for me to make such a statement. Odds. That is right folks. Perhaps most iconic was his Ping Anser putter. He ended his five-year-long dry run to secure a thundering win at the SAS Championship. Just outstanding equipment! Its that sense of community that drives day-to-day interactions in the forums on topics that range from best driver to what marker you use to mark your ball. Once Millard dialed in the lies, it was a no-brainer from there. I heard that Cantlay had been fiddling around with his shaft weights recently, and hes an equipment free agent now. Engineered for players desiring sleek aesthetics and forgiveness, i210 Irons combine refined leading edge and sole profiles with a progressive set design to enable precision, distance and workability through the set.