INGESTION: Call physician immediately. The following best practices will increase the life of your product: Cure First Seal-A-Cell is best way to get the that "natural" look on beautiful woods that aren't to be stained. INHALATION Move to fresh air. Need some inspiration? Additional coats will not improve durability. It needed a lot of restoration work and love and patience. In stock. What an astonishing transformation by Suzanne Bagheri of The Painted Drawer! This darling dining Room Table and Chair Set was refinished using General Finishes Pecan Liquid Oil Based Stain and Arm-R-Seal Top Coat. All surfaces were in pristine condition so I started by preparing them for the Gel Stain. The whole piece was slightly distressed to fit in with our client's farmhouse decor!" For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. Apply directly to stained surface. Yes, you can. We tried a newer product on top called Seal-A-Cell and we couldn't be happier. Do not store in unlabeled containers. It has been successfully used on home bar projects with this caveat:no fine furniture finish is impervious to water. Remove contaminated clothing and shoes and clean before reuse. Qty. Thanks GF!" - Upcycling by Amy, "This drop leaf table has such a cool look to it, I knew it deserved a second chance at life but just needed some chairs to go with it! The grain that came out just made my heart so excited. Find your favorite GF products at Rockler, Klingspor, Amazon, orWood Essence and Lee Valley in Canada. I mixed Georgian Cherry Gel Stain and a little bit of Antique Walnut Gel Stain in a can of Seal-A-Cell. WARNING: Incompatible Products Shellac Linseed Oils Even though General Finishes products are water resistant, they are not impervious to standing water condensation (like an epoxy finish). General Finishes Orange Oil Furniture Polish, How to Mix General Finishes Conversion Varnish, Enduro Conversion Varnish Product Overview, Comparison of General Finishes Water-Based Top Coats, Exterior 450 Water-Based Topcoat Product Overview, Enduro Clear Poly Water Based Topcoat Product Overview, 4 Reasons to Switch to Water-Based Wood Finishes, GF as Seen In Green Building & Design Magazine, Satin (25-35), Semi-Gloss (50-60), Gloss (80+), 12-24+ hr raw wood, 72+ hr existing finish until non-tacky. Seal-a-Cell is n unusual combination of oils and urethanes. Its high-quality resins form a durable film with an amber tone that deepens with age. Original hardware with key. If in doubt, wait longer.Increase dry time if: Cure Time Before Use Avoid excessive exposure to direct sunlight, high temperaturesor high humidity. And because of that, I choose to mute the image. As topcoat is used, theempty space in the can is filledwith air, furtheringthe curing process. Avoid placing heavy objects onsurfaces that have not completely cured. It has a lovely matte finish that soaks into the wood and is an excellent protectant for wood surfaces that come in contact with food. You can lightly buff with 0000 steel wool and General Finishes Orange Oil Furniture Polish - nothing too aggressive. **GF Chalk Style Paint has been discontinued. Stained with General Finishes Pecan and finished in General Finishes Arm-R- Seal Semi-Gloss for protection and that beautiful shine. If oil-based finishes dry, they are difficult to clean off any surface, clothes or carpet. Decant remaining product from the can before stirring. Large surfaces such as cabinets or tables and complex projects with lots of detail are easier to cover with a liquid topcoat rather than a GEL SATINtopcoat. They penetrate to provide deep down protection and that natural look. Our finishes are engineered as a system and are compatible with each other. Tabletop: General Finishes oil based slate wood stain The more layers of finish there are on a project, the longer it takes to dry. Distressed Antique Bronze Bin pulls finish the piece off. Spray a third wet coat and allow to dry overnight. Enduro-Var II (new formula) is compatible with all GF products and can be used over shellac. Finish sand between coats with a 320 grit or finer sanding sponge or '0000' steel wool to improve smoothness and adhesion. Dry-time to touch is 8 hours. Butcher Block Oil is a maintenance product that should be reapplied over time. See our video: How to Prep Sand Raw Wood. The table and two captain chairs have been refinished in all GF products and transformed into a very chic and rustic Dining set!" WARNING: COMBUSTIBLE LIQUID AND VAPOR.HARMFUL IF INHALED. I used mineral spirit right before applying the gel stain. This deskwas inspired by similar pieces that I've seen in high end furniture stores. Whatever your application method, apply 3 to 4 layers of topcoat. Serendipity Refined says, "Java Gel Stain and Gel Topcoat: My "go to" products for professional looking results on furniture makeovers as well as new wood.". Sand lightly with 220-320-grit sanding sponge. Ash coffee table stained with General Finishesoil based Honey Maple stain and finished with their high performance water based topcoat. The bowl is 5" high and 9" in diameter at the top and is approximately 3/8" thick. *Can An Oil Based Topcoat Such as Arm-R-Seal Be Thinned? General Finishes High-Performance Water-Based Topcoat - Most Durable Finish for Kitchen Cabinets 6,477 Reviews General Finishes High Performance Water Based Topcoat, 1 Quart, Satin Do not apply clear topcoats over bright white paint, as yellowing may occur due to a reaction to the substrate. Add Bloxygen toremove excess oxygen from your can of finish before sealing. The entire table was stripped of its old finishes revealing several different woods used to build it. General Finishes products do not last forever, even when unopened. We are so honored that you chose us to make this special piece for you that can be passed down through the family for years to come. - Blue & White Living Home Decor, "Refinished in my new favorite green Westminster Green, by General Finishes and General Finishes Pitch Black Glaze added. After sanding the wood I loved the natural wood and the different colors that showed with each drawers so I just sealed with with Gel poly and the ombre' wood colors came to life. Test for adherence and aesthetics before beginning. I benefited from your educationnal videos on your YouTube channel. Sealed with Gel Satin Topcoat. For more complex projects with many details and corners or large surface areas such as cabinets, we recommend either ARM-R-SEAL liquid oil-based topcoats or water-based topcoats. Choose a semi-gloss or gloss sheen with little to no flatting agents. CAUSES EYE IRRITATION. The base of the table was painted my favorite black, General Finishes Lamp Black, and sealed for ultra durability." GelSatin Topcoat has been a long-time favorite finish of woodworkers, with a heavy-duty oil-and-urethanebase that produces a beautiful, hand-rubbed look. Arm-R-Seal rarely needs thinning due to its low viscosity. The seat was stained with GF Gray Gel Stain and sealed with GF Gel Topcoat. Haze (the technical term is blush)is caused by too many coats applied too quickly. Arm-R-Seal Oil-Based Topcoats are made with the highest-quality urethane resin, making them extremely durable and long-lasting. Meet with General Finishes Reps Sara, . Superior to sealers and paint, it is the ultimate protection for exterior and interior structures that experience high traffic. If you are working with a high-use surface like kitchen "Do you love neutral with a little FLAIR?!? Loosen tight clothing. Contamination and Compatibility Do not breathe vapor or mist. General Finishes Seal-a-Cell Clear and Gel Topcoat wipe on Urethane Satin, "I hardly recognize this piece. Be sure to thoroughly clean the chimeand the lid of the canto assure a tight seal. The top is a base of Linen Milk Paint with a wash of Antique White and then glazed in Van Dyke Brown and sealed in High Performance top coat flat." She was given a good sanding and cleaning and then stained with GF Salem from top to bottom. Gel Satin Topcoat has a thickconsistency, so there are no drips, or runs. To learn more about the project, click here: http://bit.ly/1KTzJHY, "This table was once light oak and outdated! As a topcoat I used GF's Oil Based Gel Urethane Topcoat "Duncan Phyfe Style Dresser by Dixie painted in General Finishes Patina Green Milk Paint and shadowed with General Finishes Lamp Black Milk Paint. Minwax PolyShades Wood Stain + Polyurethane Finish - Quart, Pecan, Gloss POLYSHADES WOOD STAIN - Minwax PolyShades is an oil-based wood stain and poly in one. Painted in Mlange Artisan Mineral Paints Willow Green and stained in a custom combo of General Finishes Natural and Flint Liquid Oil Stains, it gives such a chill and laid back vibe." Compatibility With Long Oils Strip, sand and refinish the table. Decant leftovers to a smaller, properly labeled container when thefinish is almost used up to reduce the volume of oxygen inthe container. I fell in love with this piece and wanted to give it a modern spin, but keep the natural beauty of the wood. Good bye to the big green giant. Layering General Finishes water- and oil-based products: Water over oil: Let oil-based products dry 72+hrs before applying water-basedproducts, Oil over water: Let water-basedproducts dry 24+hrs before applying oil-based products. I added a coat of gel stainin Antique Walnut to the top to add "To say Im pretty proud of these chairs would be a huge understatement! This is a simple segmented bowl that endevors to use the natural colors of the various woods to make an attractive package. "I must say the transformation of our den has been wonderful with the addition of the hand hewn beam. These contaminants will not harm the finish, but they accumulate on surfaces and dull the original luster. Spills General Finishes Arm-R-Seal Oil Based Topcoat, 1 Quart, Gloss Visit the General Finishes Store 2,139 ratings Amazon's Choice in Household Polyurethanes, Shellac & Varnish by General Finishes Price: $39.95 ($1.25 / Fl Oz) Size Name: 1 Quart 1 Gallon 1 Pint 1 Quart Color: Gloss Arm-R-Seal topcoats are made with only the highest quality urethane resin Cleanup As with all products that are not manufactured by General Finishes, always test for compatibility on a hidden area of your project before getting started. Clean up spills with mineral spirits immediately while wet. Gel Topcoat is available in Satin. Do not induce vomiting unless directed to do so by medical personnel. Arm-R-Seal topcoat is a beautiful, easy to use, and durable wipe-on finish making it the finisher's choice for almost 100 years. - Annie Larivee, "Love this transformation on this stunning piece. The elegant carvings on the sides are highlighted using silver "This beautiful buffet is refinished in General Finishes Lamp Black Milk Paint with distressing to highlight the details. Pound the lid in placeusing a rubber mallet to avoid distorting the chime or lid. I am an elementary teacher from the suburb of Montreal Canada. Every minute the can is open, the stain is curing. RAW WOOD: Need some inspiration? We decided to put all of our cards on the table and go all-in on a complete overall. It's little brother is already inside the house patiently waiting." Oil-based topcoatsare "oxidizing" products whichmeansthat the moment it isintroduced to oxygen, a chemical reaction will causethe finish to begin toharden. General Finishes products must be tested to your complete satisfaction before using. Arm-R-Seal can be sprayed successfully, but we prefer hand application methods because it is very easy to spray too much in one area. The body was sealed with General Finishes High Performance Top Coat (satin sheen). The top was stripped down to raw wood then stained in a mix of Antique Walnut and Java Gel "Persimmon Bliss is finally making her debut. Frame painted in GF Milk Paint in driftwood. Pound the lid in placeusing a rubber mallet to avoid distorting the chime or lid. INGESTION Call physician immediately. I really love it. Now its ready to serve more generations! Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.Prop 65 WARNING: DANGER COMBUSTIBLE LIQUID AND VAPOR. Charcoal Desert Tan Steel Gray Pewter Beechwood Water-based top coats clean up with soap and water. Original Enduro-Var cannot be used with any oil-based product, sanding sealer or shellac. 1. Aron Roberts. Prevention For a more water-resistant finish, we recommend visiting a finish dealer that carries lines specifically designed for high water use such as an Epoxy or a professional two-step catalyzed finish such as General Finishes Conversion Varnish.