.infobox p { I am running for Sheriff because I believe there are solutions to these problems. EDITOR'S NOTE: The Columbia Basin Herald does not endorse nor decry any candidate for elected office. Find out more or search for offenders click here! Riggs, a captain with the sheriff's office, received 54.79%, and Walton, who is the county's chief deputy and was endorsed by current sheriff Ernie Beitel, got 23.54%. With control of the two legislative chambers and the governors office, DFL lawmakers and Gov. Error! max-width: 75px; position: absolute; 10 2nd St. NE Elbow Lake, MN 56531-4400 Phone: Grant County Minnesota Sheriff Information, The Grant County Sheriffs Office patrols and area of 575 square miles of which 27 square miles is water. } The sheriff oversees the countys law enforcement department, including deputies and administrative support. Click here to contact our editorial staff, and click here to report an error. a.communitylink { color:black; font-weight:bold; }

Incumbency information for this election was not available. If you think something isnt right, it probably isnt. Voters in Grant and Harney counties also elected a new circuit court judge for the first time . display: inline-block; This year, he was the sole challenger to run against Goddard. .race_header.libertarian { .panel-heading:hover { cursor: pointer;} .percentage_number { MORE. Phone: (575) 574-0102 By e-mail: civilprocess@co.cook.mn.us. Jon Combs has not yet completed Ballotpedia's 2022 Candidate Connection survey. We will get back to involving our citizens by starting a Citizen Advisory Committee to work with our deputies and take care of each other. Kriete: As in several communities in the nation, the opioid crisis is the largest long-term challenge for Grant County.
   .contact_entity {font-size: 1.5em ;margin-top: 0.6em; margin-bottom: 0em;margin-right: 0.5em;} Nonprofit marketing grant program. Email. An email message containing instructions on how to reset your password has been sent to the e-mail address listed on your account. 		} | 	margin: auto;  What issues do you see as the most important, if you are elected? McKinley said the man's identity was being withheld pending notification of next of kin. According to the Minnesota secretary of state, Klang lost in the next election by a mere six votes to former Sheriff Todd Dahl, who went on to serve three terms before retiring. var nTimer = setInterval(function() { Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more. or anything.  Phone: (575) 574-0142  Fax: (575) 574-0149 	} Snowstorm leads to slipping and sliding on Grant County roads. 		position: absolute; I'm interested in running for Grant County Sheriff, Grant County Clerk, 107 N. Main Street, Williamstown, KY, 41097, US. My experience and leadership led Mattawa to be the safest city in Grant County for 5 years. 	} VERNON  Grant County Sheriff's Office and Oregon State Police personnel responded to the area of Laycock Creek Road and Highway 26 after a report of a deceased elderly man with a gunshot wound about 10:50 a.m. on Friday, March 3. Elections officials have gone to great pains to make sure the process works the way its supposed to. 		font-size: 12px; })(); See also: Ballotpedia's Candidate Connection. Stagger work hours so clerks are available during the lunch hour. Opinion polls have shown a narrow lead for Warnock. Sheriff Nate Dreckman said the agency was notified . .key-messages li {margin-bottom: 10px;} You have permission to edit this article. If you would like to customise your choices, click 'Manage privacy settings'. I began my career in law enforcement in Hurley, NM in 1990. This crisis is the core of several crimes and homelessness in our communities. Jon Combs (Grant County Sheriff, Minnesota, candidate 2022). 	} . $('.collapse').collapse('hide'); 		margin-bottom: 4px; * Results for state and federal races are unofficial until the Minnesota State Canvassing Board meets on Tuesday, August 16, 2022 to certify the results. complete the Ballotpedia Candidate Connection Survey. The Coroner investigates unattended deaths. Results for Selected Precincts in MN House District. Sign up to receive news directly to your desktop. Concealed Pistol Licenses. 2 running for Rice County sheriff. 

. width: 90%; .expand-all:hover, .collapse-all:hover {cursor: pointer; text-decoration: underline;} Get an email notification whenever someone contributes to the discussion. color: white; My oath is to the Constitution. Cities | background-color: #ccc; The following bills are moving in the legislature: HF14: Universal background checks aka universal gun registration, HF601: Mandatory lost & stolen reporting. top: -5px; They are sometimes called upon to serve subpoenas, protection orders, and eviction notices. } 2022 Midterm Elections. $(".collapse-all").on('click', () => { Jury Service. color:white; } I understand the issues and work towards solutions. color: white; On the streets of John Day, the snowplows were . .image-candidate-thumbnail-wrapper .image-candidate-thumbnail { WordPress, 2022 Governor General Election Grades & Endorsements, 2022 Attorney General Grades & Endorsement, 2022 General Election Legislative Grades & Endorsements, 2022 Primary Election Legislative Grades & Endorsements, Edible Cannabis in MN and your Gun Rights, Christopher v. Ramsey County et al. I have worked across governments and built collaborative groups that work. Minnesota's eight congressional representatives are up for reelection, with the election in Minnesota's 2nd District seen as . I am a U.S. Marine veteran. } . width: 57%; The current sheriff is Bob Fletcher, who won the general election for Ramsey County Sheriff on November 6, 2018. The Office protects 2016 estimated, 5,956 residents. person will not be tolerated. I understand the differences between government levels and how to bring them together in a more efficient manner. CONTACT US. Demand, directly but politely, that they take a stand against the metro DFL gun control agenda. background-color: #003388; In Arizona, law enforcement officials remained on high alert for potential protests, with barricades and security fencing erected around the Maricopa County elections department. } color: white; Kriete: I have over 29 years of law enforcement experience with the Grant County Sheriff's Office. Recognizing the importance of each Office member, we do our utmost to encourage and assist one another to develop as professionals. As I was elected for two consecutive terms, state law required that I sit out one election cycle. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism left: 0; I am running for Sheriff because I believe in our Constitution, our society, and our people. The St. Louis County Sheriff's Office has a $36 million budget for 2022 and includes roughly 260 employees who work in administration, patrol, investigations, civil/warrants/records and court . $('.hideResponses').show(); margin-bottom: 1px; Recording the following information before calling is useful: Never place yourself in a dangerous situation! .race_header.green { Update or Correct Your Mailing Address /QuickLinks.aspx. Emily Cureton Cook. Next Election. } Leaning 51% . Must be held on one of the following dates: Second Tuesday in February (February 13, 2024) } In accordance with NMSA 1978 1-14-13.2 the Grant County Clerk's office will be conducting a post-election system check of the tabulators used in conjunction with the November 8, 2022 General Election beginning Friday, December 2, 2022 at 1:00 p.m. until completed in the Grant County Clerk's office, 1400 Highway 180 East, Silver City. Overall, New Mexico was Solid Democratic, having voted for Barack Obama (D) in 2012, Hillary Clinton (D) in 2016, and Joe Biden . Application Guidelines . overflow-x: auto; In person: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. , excluding holidays. The County Clerk serves the Superior Court and the public as a result of having been elected by the citizens in Grant County . The drug task force (INET) will focus on drugs and gangs (what they are funded for) and be inclusive of all agencies. 2021 MinnesotaJailRoster.com. Sheriff's Office.

This is a developing story that will be updated as more information becomes available. The sheriff is the chief law enforcement officer for the county. 424 W. First St, Duluth, MN 55802 . Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. margin-bottom: -2px !important;

Published November 2, 2021. .inner_percentage.Libertarian { font-weight: bold; The sheriff is the chief law enforcement officer for the county. If you are a candidate and would like to tell readers and voters more about why they should vote for you, 6,087 candidates completed the survey in 2022. In Republican House leadership elections on Tuesday, McCarthy is expected to overcome a challenge from hard-line conservative Representative Andy Biggs. In 1993 I joined the US Marines and proudly served for eight years. $('.showResponses').on('click', () => { The case has come to the Supreme Court at a time of heightened concern over U.S. election integrity in light of new voting restrictions pursued by Republican state legislatures. Following the 2020 presidential election, 51.8% of Minnesotans lived in one of the state's nine Solid Democratic counties, which voted for the Democratic presidential candidate in every election from 2012 to 2020, and 38.6% lived in one of 59 Solid Republican counties. Grant County Sheriff Mark Haberer said he would only support a building on the courthouse grounds, and nothing else would make any sense. May 17, 2022 - May 31, 2022. Duluth's Natalie Zeleznikar unseated Mary Murphy, DFL-Hermantown, in House District 3B by margin of 50.01%-49.85%, according to unofficial results. .mw-body #mw-content-text th.votebox-results-cell--text { top: -1px; margin-bottom: 0px; Bidal Duran, a narcotics investigator with Hubbard County, got 21.67% of . This number represented 13.5% of all 5,138 candidates Ballotpedia covered in 2021. Elections & Administration: Elections Phone Numbers: Metro Area: 651-215-1440 Greater MN: 1-877-600-VOTE (8683) MN Relay Service: 711. 2012 Presidential (35.6% voted Democratic) 2016 US Senate. How to run for office | Grant County is in the West central area of Minnesota. (FOX 9) - Here are the results for Anoka County sheriff: Don't knowingly lie about anyone Office hours: 8:00 AM - 4PM, Monday-Friday. Upon Dahls retirement, Goddard defeated Sheriffs Deputy Pat Pickar to win the 2018 election. font-weight: bold; text-align: center; Notifications from this discussion will be disabled. April Special Election. Theft will be prioritized. } The award recognized Central Lakes College for its efforts in encouraging students to register to vote. For more information, visit cnn.com/election. Based on facts, either observed and verified firsthand by the reporter, or reported and verified from knowledgeable sources. Your account has been registered, and you are now logged in. } Municipal and school district races are unofficial on this site . }, 100); Box 37 Ephrata, WA 98823 Phone: 509-754-2011; Common Links. }) margin-bottom:16px; Jon Combs ran for election to the Grant County Sheriff in Minnesota. The Sheriff's Office will have a "seat at the table" when it comes to having input on the battle of the opioid epidemic. Sunny. Published November 8, 2022. text-align: left !important; People continue to recreate in Grant County and more people means more need for resources. I've managed the corrections division's $6.7 million budget, and I am the only current employee experienced in all divisions. 222 E 5th Ave Milbank, SD 57252 Phone:Office 1-605-432-5853 Fax:Fax 1-605-432-9158 Kevin.Owen@grantcountysd.us You may enter any address in the county and see real-time information on the publishable offenders within the specified radius of the address you enter. margin-right: 10px; color: black; } 4 Things to Know, Madigan asks judge to toss out 14 of 23 corruption counts, Grant County rancher partners with solar energy firm for first large-scale agrivoltaic project in the nation, New reporter joins Blue Mountain Eagle staff, For the second straight year, Grant Union/Prairie City crowns two state wrestling champions, Gene Simmons' daughter Sophie Simmons marries, Snowstorm leads to slipping and sliding on Grant County roads, John Day Nazarene mission group helps build church in Nepal, St. Paul bounces Prairie City/Burnt River Lady Panthers in second round. } Throughout the years I completed many specialized training courses, some of which included: Critical Incident Management, SWAT Training, Gang & Drug Interdiction, Advanced Accident Investigation, Desert Snow Interdiction, Instructor Development, Defensive Driver Instructor, Criminal Investigations. } Click here to contact us for media inquiries, and please donate here to support our continued expansion. .results_row { Explore incentive programs that reward positive culture and don't cost a ton of money. Current Grant County Sheriff's Office Chief Deputy Joe Kriete, former Mattawa Police Chief Joe Harris and farmer James Baker have all filed to run. Our Sheriffs Office has incredible people and I feel confident that they will not only succeed, but exceed in keeping us safe.. My initial law enforcement training was completed at the Western New Mexico Police Academy, here in Silver City. .contact_office { font-size: 0.8 em; margin-top: 0.6em; margin-bottom: 0em;margin-right: 0.5em;} Out of the 4,745 respondents, 743 won their election. that is degrading to another person. font-weight: bold; Change. My entire career has evolved toward this goal. 2022 Sample Ballot. } Descriptions of suspicious people: age, race, clothing, height, weight, etc. Help improve Ballotpedia - send us candidate contact info. top: 0px; For Minnesota Governor: . An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup. Trust: The Sheriffs Office understands trust is earned from our community, through honest actions and open dialogue. padding-left: 10px; background-color: #f9d334; Jesse Thomas and Ross Spicer are on the ballot for Rice County sheriff after advancing in the August primary. Clerk. It will be important to stay on the cutting edge and develop a sustainable plan now that accounts for attrition and growth in the future. Hours: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Email: secretary.state@state.mn.us. That issue has been corrected in the text above. Results for county offices are unofficial until county canvassing boards meet . After becoming the Pequot Lakes chief in 2011, he renewed his effort to lead the sheriffs office in 2018, coming in third of three candidates in the August primary election. Fax: (575) 574-0150, Grant County Sheriffs Department .votebox-scroll-container { There was an error processing your request. Tollefson received 12,192 votes, nearly 69%, while incumbent Sheriff Eric Holien received 5,525 votes, or 31%, according to unofficial results from all 48 precincts in the county as reported by . The Ramsey County Sheriff is elected for a four-year term via an election running concurrent with the federal mid-term elections. Throughout the years I have discovered that there is more to being sheriff than simply having time in office or the completion of training courses. How to vote in the election. left: 0px; Interns wanted: Get paid to help ensure that every voter has unbiased election information. Jon Combs ran in the general election for Grant County Sheriff on November 8, 2022. candidates votes pct. Combs was on the ballot in the general election on November 8, 2022. color: #fff; I have dedicated over half of my life to the Grant County Sheriff's Office and most of my career has been in leadership roles. Finally, legal challenges. Only opposed races are indicated. Email: ccampos@grantcountynm.gov, Lynn Baca, Administrative Assistant (function() { What are your qualifications for the office? Senator Jon Ossoff, U.S. Representative Kat Cammack, and U.S. presidential candidate Jo Jorgensen. Federal courts | Steve Simon, who first took office in 2015, oversaw and certified Minnesotas election in 2020, in which then-Sen. Joe Biden dashed the re-election hopes of Donald Trump by more than seven points statewide. Downloadable Text Results. CHELSEY PERKINS, community editor, may be reached at 218-855-5874 or chelsey.perkins@brainerddispatch.com. .votebox-results-metadata { I am bilingual Spanish with deep ties in the Hispanic community. This number represented 16.4% of all 29,002 candidates Ballotpedia covered in 2020. Charles H. Featherstone can be reached at cfeatherstone@columbiabasinherald.com. vertical-align: middle; For News - News@grantcountyherald.com. That could include increasing funding for education, the creation of a paid family leave program, and the legalization of recreational marijuana. width: 100%; I have always had an open-door policy, so if you would like to speak with me, please stop by or call my office and ask for me. font-size: .9em; VERNON Grant County Sheriff's Office and Oregon State Police personnel responded to the area of Laycock Creek Road and Highway 26 after a report of a deceased elderly man with a gunshot wound about 10:50 a.m. on Friday, March 3. padding-bottom: 8px; Voter turnout was down 4% in Minnesota and 6% nationwide in the Nov. 8 election when compared to the 2018 midterm. Hickory Grove Golf Course, Fennimore. letter-spacing: .03em; .votebox-covid-disclaimer { In 2016 I became the Chief of Police for Mattawa. August 8: Special Election for Brooklyn Park Council Member West District, polls open 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. November. CORRECTION: An earlier version of this article misattributed some responses from candidates due to a collating error. I also have over 4,000 hours of law enforcement leadership training. The election, strikes and the abortion debate made headlines in Minnesota this year. background-color: white; } Recent research suggests several shifts to the workforce caused by generational, societal, and technological factors that will change how we recruit and retain. 54. .votebox-results-cell--number { Saint Paul, MN 55155 My undergrad and graduate degrees are in Intelligence Studies and I hold a Doctorate in Public Administration. MT. Nov 08, 2022. letter-spacing: 0.03em; $(".expand-all").on('click', () => { .key-messages li:last-child { margin-bottom: 0px;} Be Proactive. .widget-row.value-only.black { Baker did not respond prior to the deadline given to all three candidates. The door hanger disclosure issue resulted in a $100 fine. } .indicate_scroll { .mw-content-ltr td.votebox-results-cell--text, Threats of harming another This is the name that will be displayed next to your photo for comments, blog posts, and more. overflow-y: hidden; Statewide Reporting Statistics. .mw-body #mw-content-text th.votebox-results-cell--text { Second, consistent service. Work with the Commissioners with the goal of hiring 10 more positions (understanding this may not happen immediately). .race_header.democratic { Central Dispatch is a 24 hour organization and handles all calls for service. Grant County, Washington, held elections for local offices in 2022. Minnesota Results Unofficial results as of 11/09/2022 9:00am. Cass County Precinct Report *UNOFFICIAL RESULTS-AVAILABLE AFTER 8PM ON 8/9/2022 ; After polls close at 8 pm on election day, unofficial results will be available on or linked through this page for state primary and general elections, and other regularly scheduled or special elections. width: 150px; Each candidate was asked about their background and the same four questions, with the answers presented below and lightly edited for clarity. padding-bottom: 5px; $('.pastResponses').show(); background-color: #db0000; OffenderWatch is the nation's leading registered sex offender management and community notification tool with hundreds of leading agencies in dozens of states utilizing it. People don't leave bad jobs, they leave bad bosses. U.S. President | Print. Email: mmaldonado@grantcountynm.gov, Term: January 1, 2023 through December 31, 2026 (1st Term), Copyright | Grant County New Mexico | All Rights Reserved, Notice of Right to Inspect Public Records, Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC), Phone: (575) 574-0140 Fax: (575) 574-0150, Phone: (575) 574-0141 Fax: (575) 574-0147, Phone: (575) 574-0142 Fax: (575) 574-0149. Phone: (575) 574-0140 Fax: (575) 574-0150 I have traveled extensively which has exposed me to several cultures, ways of life, and ways to do things. display: block; Gordon Ramsay and Jason Lukovsky were the top two vote-getters in Tuesday's primary, meaning . width: 35px !important; .results_table_container { } GOP challenger Ryan Wilson conceded the race to Blaha Wednesday afternoon. $('#candidate-connection-email-153508').on('click', () => { ga('send', 'event', 'surveycta', 'surveycta-click-email'); }); This includes roles such as sheriff, treasurer, council members . Nov. 9The results below are not official until confirmed. 10 2nd St. NE Elbow Lake, MN 56531 Phone: 218-685-8280 Fax: 218-685-5319 Hours: 24/7. padding-left: 8px; 100% remote. Public services and infrastructure are generally expensive and long-term projects. We see that you have javascript disabled. .inner_percentage.Republican { if(document.getElementsByClassName("reference").length==0) if(document.getElementById('Footnotes')!==null) document.getElementById('Footnotes').parentNode.style.display = 'none'; What's on my ballot? Phone: (575) 574-0104 font-size: 16px; The count is a manual audit of paper ballots in randomly selected precincts for specific offices to determine the accuracy of the voting system prescribed by state law. background-color: #f9f9f9; County sheriffs typically enforce the law in unincorporated areas within a county, but they also will sometimes provide law enforcement services to municipalities that do not have their own police departments. The county is governed by the county commissioners. I was born and raised in Ephrata. Polls closed in the state at 8 p.m. local time, or 9 p.m. EST. This strengthens relationships, decreases response times/costs, increases trust, solves crimes, and makes us safer. Jul. April Election 18-day voting period begins . $('.hideResponses').hide(); width: 100% !important; width: 350px; Results of the 2022 Minnesota General Election. must be a resident of Minnesota for at least one year before the general election; must be a resident of their district for at least six months before the general election; County Sheriff. Leadership is solely responsible for everything that happens in an organization. The standard you walk past is the standard you accept. This office is a resource to cities, townships, and school districts in the election process. While results still need to be certified, Minnesota was just one of three states to top the 60% mark, along with Wisconsin and Maine, according to the U.S. Election Project. I stand up for what is right. I have over 18 years of supervisory experience and 11 of those years as an executive leader. I believe that a sheriff should not only be a successful and experienced law enforcement officer, but he or she should be a community leader, a leader who works for the betterment of the county. font-weight: 100; Sheriff Todd McKinley said the incident appeared to be a case of suicide. It is difficult to hire new LE officers in the current times. top: 2px; Kriete: I'm Joey Kriete and I'm running for Grant County Sheriff. Be Nice. } margin-bottom: 0; .outer_percentage { If you feel a situation calls for immediate action or response from Police, Fire or EMS you have an EMERGENCY. As I was out campaigning and door knocking and talking to people, I felt really encouraged that every door that I hit the reception I got was really, really good.. Description. } There is no cost for this service and no limit to the number of addresses you can register - your email address and physical addresses are all confidential. Choose wisely! The Grant County Sheriffs Office embraces these Core Values: Respect, Trust, Excellence and Service. border-bottom: 1px solid grey; } Elections & Administration Address: Get Directions 180 State Office Building 100 Rev. The sheriff oversees the countys law enforcement department, including deputies and administrative support. 1 / 2. width: 250px; I then worked for the Silver City Police Department for two years, until I achieved my goal of working for the Grant County Sheriffs Department. Follow on Twitter at twitter.com/DispatchChelsey. Application Guidelines .race_header, .results_text, .results_table_container, .votebox_legend { BRAINERD Twenty years after he was first elected to the post for a term, Pequot Lakes Police Chief Eric Klang will return as Crow Wing County sheriff. The appointed Rice County Sheriff will have at least one challenger in his first election. Here are some examples: Leadership, First line supervisor, Budget & Management, Supervision & Management, Advanced Media & Public Relations, and Human Resources. Counts below are as of 8:12 p.m . text-align: center; There were 58 write-in votes. Receive email alerts anytime there is breaking news. margin-top: 16px; ELBOW LAKE, MINN. The report by a sheriff's deputy got right to the point. } .votebox-results-metadata-p { I have served our nation, our state, and our county. padding-bottom: 7px; display: table; margin-bottom:0px; Republicans had secured at least 211 of the 218 House seats they need for a majority, Edison Research projected late on Thursday, while Democrats had won 199.