Its better to lower the gun a bit, work the action, and continue to shoot. Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy. Select what level shooter you are! Slugs were less forgiving and a little trickier with just the bead and no stock. We fired Federal Premium .410 Handgun 000 Buck with four pellets, Hornady Critical Defense Triple Threat which packs a .41 caliber slug and two .35 caliber round balls, Winchester PDX1 with 12 plated BBs and three plated flat-cylinder projectiles, and finally, two types of birdshot with Aguilas #8 and Winchester SuperX High Brass #4. I am usually indifferent in the loading gate vs tube magazine debate but honestly, the removable tube fits this gun a lot more! So reloading an empty magazine is faster and easier via the removable tube. The Henry Lever Action Shotgun .410 Bore and Axe Firearm .410 Bore is chambered for use of 2 " shotgun shells only. The .410 is my 4th Henry, and it seems to be working itself up to the top of the list. These cookies collect information that can help us understand how our websites are being used. Not my cup. No personal data is ever sent to us. That near six pounds of steel and wood will get away from you quickly. Shotguns are designed to be used with a stock, and the bead on the Axe is designed to be used with a stock. You can be the judge of which best fits your own hunting style. That being said this gun is absolutely gorgeous. Henry Axe - Great Condition No Box. Lets see how it performs and if its right for you. PRODUCT INFORMATION & SPECS The Lever Action Axe .410 is a scabbard and shoot again and again shotgun. Posted April 20, 2020 in Lever Action, Reviews by Sam.S with No CommentsTags: .410, Axe, Henry Repeating Arms, lever action, non-nfa, TFB Review. You can learn more about how we use cookies and keep your data private by visiting our our Privacy Policy. Heck if they could make this a convertible somehow (say take down barrel and a bolt face or something) that would be even better. Other than that, it looks short. However, quality comes at a cost and the design leaves little for upgrades. This compact stature opens the possibilities of where the Axe can be stored and used. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again. Home; My Story; Courses. One of the few knocks I have on the gun is that I would love to see some checkering on the grip. Loaded with a heavy birdshot load, you wont have issues dispatching pests and dangerous snakes. Embellishments/Extras:Swivel Studs. Its a well-made weapon, and it could be a disaster. This is a purely American lever-action gun chambered in a strictly American round. A .410 has always been a low recoiling and lightweight option for dispatching pests. I dont know why it wouldnt be considered as a super handy home defense firearm. All Rights Reserved, A New Lever-Action in the Arsenal: Henry Axe. We feel that simply being fun to pull out of the scabbard and shoot again and again should be a category all its own. 1,914 views Mar 13, 2022 49 Dislike Share Save G Squared Tactical 9.52K subscribers Have you ever wondered how much fun you can. As for as a snake gun. by . The bottom of the genuine American walnut axe handle grip is engraved on the bottom with Henry Repeating Arms cowboy logo. Less expensive. 357 mag wheel guns can take very effective pest removal rounds. (Photo: Kristin Alberts/Guns.com) Hold the Axe at eye. Price: US $16.95. He is interested in helping folks protect themselves with firearms and shoot better at the range. The Henry .410 Axe gets its moniker from the ax-handle style pistol grip which is engraved with the companys Cowboy logo. Final thoughts after the gauntlet of inspections and range time? That fun gun for me has been Henrys entry into the popular totally not a shotgun realm with the Lever Action Axe .410. I knocked off one star for the awkward feeling of trying to work the lever while the gun is at eye level. The Henry Axe is topped with a polished brass bead front sight and no rear sight. The Henry Axe .410 isnt just easy for my 64 280-pound frame. Do you believe that the Henry Lever ActionAxe.410is something worth spending your money on? The information collected is anonymous and only helps us improve our site, and your experience. I realize it is only .410 but I would still be skeptical of the fun aspect of it if it was super light. Its is quite easy to blast a man-sized target with a blast of buckshot from 15 yards and still score perfect headshots. Weve got a dedicated section for the AR-15 here. Congrats. The Axe Handle is a .410, as I mentioned, but thats not whats unique about it. Im a big guy who actually enjoys harsh-recoiling weapons. henry 410 axe australia. A side effect of Henry being a rifle company more or less means you get an excellent rifle trigger. This brand new Henry H018G-410 is a 6+1 shot, lever action shotgun which fires the .410 gauge shell. towards your level. Its also the most fun gun Ive taken to the range in a long time. Chambered in .410 bore, it feeds through a side loading gate and has a magazine tube that holds five 2.5-inch shells. More so when the gun is held to eye level and fired. Per the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosive's Gun Control Act of 1968, the H018AH-410 Lever Action Axe .410 is classified as a non-Class 3/NFA "firearm." Please consult local/state laws that may prohibit the sale of this gun in your state despite its federal classification. I have a 450 Bushmaster pistol and its very shootable even though it doesnt have a brake and weighs about 2-3lbs less. If you get a chance, at least ask to see it in the gun store and work that action a few times. What is the best way to celebrate the New Year? A Cold War era classic with smooth lines, a legendary back story, and an exotic-sounding name, Beretta's Model 71 was definitely a mouse that roared. The combo gives it that classic lever gun look thats unmistakable. Important: If mailing to street address, use complete street names. Rapid fire lever adapter for Henry Axe .410 shotgun: Condition: New. The HenryUSA.com website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. No personal data is ever sent to us. The guns controls consist of a lever, a hammer, and a trigger. Hmm, how can we make a gun thats too big and unwieldy to be very good as a pistol and too short and unstable to be very good as a rifle or shotgun? Or, How can we make a novelty concealed carry gun that is both low capacity and underpowered?. Neither platform is cheap, but when buyers spend the money on Henrys Made in America or Not Made at All specialty firearms, two things are certain first, the guns are built to last for generations and second the pure enjoyment will last equally as long. The magazine, which holds 5 rounds of 2 .410 shells can be continuously topped off through the side loading gate without needing to remove a tube magazine until the firearm needs to be unloaded. You have entered an incorrect email address! This information is not shared with 3rd parties beyond our marketing efforts. Henry didnt sacrifice any quality control to make the Axe. The closest comparison, of course, is Henrys own Mares Leg design. Click below for a FREE LESSON! The Henry Lever Action Axe .410 isnt really a shotgun. What's left is a 26.4 overall length firearm with 15.4 round blued steel, smoothbore barrel weighing just 5.75 lbs. It has the same 5-round capacity of 2 shells as its larger Lever Action .410 Shotgun counterparts, but the addition of a loading gate means that you can keep that capacity topped off at all times without needing to remove a tube magazine. Sign up for Notify Me. Old soul, certified gunsmith, published author, avid firearm history learner, and appreciator of old and unique guns. If you want a .410 on the smaller side for a saddle gun or on the ATV, especially without having to wade through the AOW nonsense, look into a Mossberg 505 youth sized shotgun. Ive never understood the need for a snake gun. Show Only with Pictures Blasting off five rounds of 8.5 birdshot from the hip as fast as possible is smile-inducing. Pistol grip only shotguns are notoriously hard to control. I would actually be more amused with one of these in 45-70 quite honestly. If you are the type who doesnt take every gun purchase seriously, then the Henry Axe .410 might just be for you. Reliability * * * * * Again I suggested the Axe the 1st day they requested open suggestions. All Rifles & Shotguns Axe .410 Lever Action Axe .410 .410 Bore A Compact Package Delivering Outsized Fun The Henry Guarantee From Owner, Anthony Imperato "Henry owners have my personal guarantee to make certain that they are 100% satisfied with their purchase of our rifles. I did it with birdshot to see how fast I could go, and I never short stroked the gun. As I said in the introduction, Henry Repeating Armshave really brought the pure joy and fun of shooting that they introduced with all their mares leg models years ago. Shooting from the hip like Im Chuck Connors is a blast. Even when you want to fire with one hand. While a wide variety of manufacturers these days are flooding the market with the same old non-NFA pump-action firearms for a fairly inexpensive cost and some even offering semi-autos for a bigger price point, Henry Repeating Arms shows us loud and proud that it is not afraid to stay with the current trends and still give us the extreme pleasure of working a lever and smiling as the repetition that won the world for so long rings out, chopping through the air. Auction (5) Accuracy * * * * Of course, the last ten or twelve rattlesnakes Ive killed I just picked up a handy stick and hit it over the head. My favorite go to woods gun. We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our website. There is also its capability as a small game hunter. Get one as Ya won't be sorry that ya did.. Looks like fun, can you put a slug through it? Epic 22 Pocket Pistol: The Beretta 71 Jaguar. Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy. The Henry Lever Action Axe .410 is a unique firearm and a joy to shoot. The manual specifically says that slugs are not recommended so I abstained in that regard, although I suspect with the proper slug and choke combo it would work fine. Henry Repeating Arms has a super convenient side of their website in which they sell Parts & Accessories for the Axe amongst other firearm accessories and swag. Get Guns.com offers and news!! anything extra and your It pushes me to keep being successful. The receiver and removable tube magazine design are the same, and it can hold five, 2.5" .410 shotshells. Cookie information is stored in your browser and performs functions such as recognising you when you return to our website and helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful. The Henry Axe is a very refined gun. Im guessing the short 2.5 inch shells help in this regard. Though were not entirely sure what youd do with it, the receiver is drilled and tapped for optics mounting. No manual safeties added, and for that I am appreciative. Thats why, Grizzzzz. The MSRP is $970. The chest-level or compressed ready position described by Kenn is smart and practical, especially when moving. The barrel is topped off with a brass bead front sight and the muzzle end is internally threaded for invector style chokes. Knives, Axes & Saws; Magazines - new & used; Novelty items; Range Finders; This requires a big berm and a target located low to the ground. Show Only Non-Guns. Its topped off with sling swivels on the grip and the forend. That gentle push filled me with enough excitement to bring theAxe up, holding the forearm with my left hand and repeated through the remaining four shells. These cookies collect information that can help us understand how our websites are being used. Author: . Pure joy. Firearms dont get much more iconic than John Moses Brownings legendary Auto-5 semi-auto shotgun, affectionately called the Humpback for its distinctive drop at the rear of the receiver. Theres a lever, a hammer, and a trigger. Really confused about the hate part. We'll send you the latest guides and training tips geared We already have an account registered for email address The Henry Lever Action Axe is a cool gun, and Henry is nearly legendary for making some very fine, very fun firearms. Please consult local/state laws that may prohibit the sale of this gun in your state despite its federal classification. I am a huge fan ofHenry Repeating Armsand own many of their firearms but I did not get the point of this little guy beyond the idea of a fun gun. The obtuse nature of theAxehandle is totally unnoticeable when you begin to work with the gun and is an integral part of it being classified as a non-NFA firearm. It's intended for instinctive shooting from the hip (just like the afore mentioned "Rifleman" movies). If youve never fired a .410, its a cartridge best described as mild. The Axe gets its name from the pistol grip. 9mm Pistol, Federal District Court Judge Orders Illinois to Show Examples of Every Newly-Banned Firearm. The barrel is threaded for Invector-style chokes and finished with a brass front bead. Continuing on with our outside-the-box expansion program, were taking our lever actions in another new direction for Henry Repeating Arms with the 2017 introduction of two .410 bore shotguns for those who like their small-gauge shotgunning to be done through a quick-handling platform theyre familiar with in rimfire and centerfire versions already used in the field. Thanks! Learn all the important stuff about handgunswith none of the attitude. Its a comfortable shooting and fun in a relatively common caliber. It has the same 5-round capacity of 2 shells as its larger Lever Action .410 Shotgun. The Lever Action Axe .410 stresses the importance of a unique firearm thats fun to use in a recreational setting, but its feature set also lends it utility. My hands fit into the loop, but I was worried about recoiling, making the loop pound into my hand. When you shoot this gun you cant help dump the whole magazine because it is so much fun. You can learn more about how we use cookies and keep your data private by visiting our our Privacy Policy. Maybe you dont like the style, or the name, or the materials used, but hate is really a strong word here. The Henry Axe in .410 is the most fun you'll have in a long time. For those that join us in considering this an important category, the Lever Action Axe .410 delivers in spades., Attention to detail on the Axe is exceptional, from the fit and finish to the cowboy logo detail on the butt of the ax handle. (Photo: Kristin Alberts/Guns.com). Even Henry lists the primary use of the gun as a plinker and for target shooting. If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. However, Henry made it work with the Axe and made it work well. Its fun, for sure, but it also has more practicality than meets the eye. Henry H018AH-410 Axe Gun #: 915904114 Seller: Jays Guns and Accessories GA Sales: 11342 $1,089.99 Full Details More from this Seller 6 Image (s) Henry Axe 410 Steel Gun #: 954624734 Seller: Legendary Guns GA Sales: 4485 $1,049.00 Full Details More from this Seller 8 Image (s) Henry Axe 410 Brass Gun #: 925396547 Seller: Legendary Guns Long before I got to hold this gun in my hands I dreaded the feeling of that giant looking cut-down grip. 8 shot, 6 shot, 4 shot, and 000 buckshot. Classified Ad (606), Search Full Text of Listings (Photo: Henry). With a barrel length of just under 16-inches and an overall length of just over 26-inches the Axe can be stored in far more places than an average long gun. Henry .410 Axe $ 580.00 Additional Specifications Barrel Length 15.14 Barrel Type Round Blued Steel Rate of Twist N/A Overall Length 26.4 Weight 5.75 lbs. Carried over from their wildly successful launch of side-loading gate riflesand full-sized .410 shotguns as wellHenrys Axe can also be loaded via either the tubular magazine or topped off quickly through receivers side port. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again. i guess some folks just wanna be haters. They really are telling the truth when they talk about the fun plinking aspect of this gun along with its length of versatility. The adjustable sights make it easy to regulate patterns with a variety of birdshot and slugs to handle anything from small game birds such as partridge and pigeons through cottontails to fox and coyotes, varmints and pest control. The Axe has the same 5-round capacity of 2 shells as its larger Lever Action .410 Shotgun counterparts, but the addition of a loading gate means that you can keep that capacity topped off at all times without needing to remove a tube magazine. Pistol? Type your email address and well send Think of it as the manliest garden gun on the market. As it sits I would only use it for an indoor defense gun. Much lighter and with much less recoil than a 12- or 20-gauge, the Lever Action Axe .410 is versatile in its possible applications. They will let us know how many pages you have visited, and provide other functions required to use the site. Another practical advantage is its size. I am excited to be able to explain how I greatly underestimated this beautiful chunk of American walnut and blued steel. Shotgun is brand new with box. Located in: New River, Arizona, United States . The round blued steel barrel is topped with a polished brass bead front sight and threaded for invector style chokes. However, the Henry Lever Action Axe .410 takes the cake as far as fun guns go. They will let us know how many pages you have visited, and provide other functions required to use the site. I regularly use .44 mag in an H&R break open .410 that Ive cut the barrel on with no problems. Each and every part of it operates smoothly and clicks carefully as you work the gun. If you have any further questions, or wish to purchase the item please call between 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM Mountain Time, Mon-Sat. www.henryusa.com . The good news is shotguns tend to be a bit more forgiving. The included Full Choke puts out incredibly tight patterns at defense distances. The Axe uses a loading gate means that allows a user to top off the capacity. The trigger is also impressive as shotguns go. To keep that in perspective, the 12 gauge Shockwave weighs half a pound less at 5.25 pounds. Shotgun is brand new with box. I think it has to do with the ergonomics mostly. The ax405 crossbow comes with a multi-range reticle scope with markings for 20-100 yards in 10 yard increments.Red/green illumination for different lighting conditions helps you se S&w axe bullseye large throwing axe 20 w/sheath, Schrade axe berock axe 4 blade 10 overall length. You can fire away quite quickly and have a ton of fun. Must be 21+ to purchase. 410 gauge. We also learned that shooting from the hip with accuracy is not as easy as it appears. The Mares Leg has long been available in not only rimfires but also handgun calibers like .45 Colt, .44 Magnum, and .357 Magnum. Trying to fit the Axe into any of the aforementioned categories is futile, although the gun is capable of more than dabbling in any of them. With a barrel length of just under 16 and an overall length of just over 26 the Axe can be stored in far more places than your average shotgun. This steel piece feels like a well-built tool, tipping the scales at a surprising 5.75-pounds. I wouldnt recommend trying to flip cock this thing. The .45 LC I have to push a little harder to get it in the chamber. The loading gate will give you a little pinch if you push your thumb too far in, but its more like a Granny pinch than an alcoholic aunt pinch. A removable full choke is included out of the box. Your effective slug range is limited with this gun to about 25 yards. Full choke might split the bullet, open choke I cant see why not. Its not needed for a practical reason, I just think it would look nice and add to the gun. This brand new Henry H018BAH-410 is a 5-shot, lever action shotgun which fires the .410 gauge shell. For perspective, the Mossberg 500 with walnut furniture and its 24-inch barrel weighs a mere half-pound more than the Axe. The Axe is a gorgeous looking gun. We'll only use the information provided according to our privacy policy. Utility wise I could see this being a short and handy snake or pest gun. So what do you fine folks think? Henrys Axe wears a short, round barrel with a length just over 15-inches. Without a doubt, this gun is built extremely well and built to last. While threaded for invector-style chokes, it is not technically a shotgun and is instead classified as a firearm by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives, which means it is not regulated under the National Firearm Act. We give you two approaches in this .410. The Henry is my favorite although my absolute favorite workhorse gun is a Ruger SS 6. Very first shot I braced the flat rear of theAxehandle grip against the front face of my hip expecting a tad bit more of a push and you know what? The Ruger Precision Rifles were only allowed when the stock was pinned in place. This is a tough one. These guns arent only stockless but have never had stocks in the first place. You do not pay The MSRP is $970. Learn the 3 most popular shooting stances & more. ), Muzzleloading Modern & Replica Pistols (flint), Muzzleloading Modern & Replica Pistols (perc), United States Patent Firearms Revolvers/Pistols, Century Arms International (CAI) - Shotguns, Henry Axe Lever Action Shotgun .410 15" 5+1 H018AH-410 H018AH410 EZ PAY $86, Henry Lever Action Shotgun X Model, .410 NEW H018X-410, Henry Single Shot Youth .410 H015Y-410 22" EZ PAY $46, Henry Lever Action .410 Shotgun Side Gate, .410, 19.75" Barrel NEW H018G-410R, HENRY SIDE GATE LEVER ACTION .410 SHOTGUN, Henry Single Shot Shotgun Brass .410 Gauge 26" Walnut H015B-410, Henry Single Shot Shotgun .410 Gauge 26" Walnut H015-410, Henry Side Gate 410 GA 24" Barrel, 2.5" 6+1 *CREDOVA FINANCING*, Henry Lever Action X Shotgun .410 Bore 19.8" Black 6 Rds H018X-410, Henry Side Gate Lever Action Shotgun .410 Bore 24" 6 Rds H018G-410, Henry Side Gate Lever Action Shotgun .410 Bore 19.75" 6 Rds H018G-410R, Henry Lever Action Shotgun Side Gate, .410, 24" Barrel NEW H018G-410, Axe Crossbows Axe Bolts, Axe Ax10001 6-pack Bolts, Feradyne Inc Axe 440, Axe Ax10003 Axe 6-pack Bolts 19, Axe Crossbows Axe Bolts, Axe Ax10002 Bolt Combo Pack 3 Bolts-3 Lit Nk, Feradyne Inc Axe 440, Axe Ax40002 Axe 440 Crossbow With 3 Bolts And, Axe Crossbows Ax405, Axe Ax40001 Crossbow With 3 Bolts And Optic, S&w Axe Bullseye Large - Throwing Axe 20 W-sheath, Schrade Axe Berock Axe 4 - Blade 10 Overall Length, Reapr Versa Camp Axe 10.75 - Overall-3 Axe Head W-pry Bar. Ergonomics * * * * Where the Mares Legs opts for a 12.9-inch barrel and a 25-inch overall length, the shotgunning Axe has a longer barrel at just over 15-inches and a length of 26.4-inches. The Brass Axe features fine brass contrasting a hand- some wood stock. Manually-operated weapons tend to be quite reliable as long as their mechanics are sound and Henry Repeating Arms does an excellent job of building in sound mechanics, just as with their lever-action rifles. Its lever is smooth. Henry made a beautiful and even stylish gun. Besides firing from eye-level or hip, there's a third way (seen in another video) to shoot the Axe more quickly. This shotgun comes with an adjustable rear sight, gold bead NEW IN THE BOX, OUR STOCK NUMBER 12872 HENRY, PROUDLY MADE IN AMERICA SIDE GATE LEVER ACTION SHOTGUN, SHOOTS .410 SHELLS, 2.5". We always appreciate your feedback. Even if you have a packed gun safe with all bases covered, the Lever Action Axe .410 is sure to put a smile on your face that wont leave until the magazine is empty. The only difference? A barrel and receiver that are blued, and the gun retains that classic western look. It takes time to truly get comfortable running the lever on what is essentially a handgun-type weapon. Its better than it needs to be on a gun like this. Per the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives Gun Control Act of 1968, the H018AH-410 Lever Action Axe .410 is classified as a non-Class 3/NFA firearm. Please consult local/state laws that may prohibit the sale of this gun in your state despite its federal classification. If you lower it a bit, working the action is a little more intuitive. Manufacturer Henry Repeating ArmsbrbrModel Side Gate Lever Action ShotgunbrbrSKU H018G-410RbrbrGauge  .410 Bore 2.5brbrCapacity 6 RoundsbrbrBarrel Length 19.75 Round Blued Stee For Sale: One (1) new in box Henry Lever Action Shotgun Side Gate, .410 with a 24 barrel. This is not John Waynes revolver it is a modern work of art! A SUL-like technique. The new Lever Action Axe .410 (model H018AH-410) has a manufacturers suggested retail price of $970. Per determination by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives, the H018AH-410 Lever Action Axe .410 is classified as a non-NFA item. Looks fun! Get Our Top Shooting Drills and Zeroing Targets ($47 value - but FREE for a limited time). The MSRP for the Henry Lever Action Axe .410 currently stands at $970. Another practical advantage is its size. Speaking of Henry class, the Axe .410 is available in 2 iconic finishes hardened brass and matte blued steel. I just wish Henry would chamber the small game rifle in 17hm2. You can mount an optic, too, but why? Sorry, there are no results in your area. The takedown with interchangeable calibers would be amazing (45 Colt would be better). Advanced . Its a well built, high quality firearm that happens to be a ton of fun. Advice, questions, more information Were here to help! User manual, Full Invector style choke, choke wrench, a soft material sleeve to cover the receiver, and a lifetime warranty. This lovely lever-action comes with the usual assortment of items that Henry Repeating Arms provides. If they ever get a stock, they are shotguns and always will be. It goes beyond the satisfaction of a Swiss K31 bolt, or a Colt SAA hammer being cocked. Yes, this is a machine. This shotgun comes with an adjustable rear sight, gold bead front sight, blued barrel and Micro-diameter.166 bolt delivers unrivaled efficiency accuracy and penetration.Fitted with an aluminum nock it clicks in to place to ensure proper loading every time.brbrModel Axe Rocky mountain ax10003 axe 440 axe bolts gray/orange/white 19 6 packbrbrModel Axe 440brLength 19brWeight 403 Grains with 100 grain pointbrColor Gray/Orange/WhitebrMisc Aluminum Noc Rocky mountain ax40002 axe 440 crossbow pkg black 30.5brbrModel Axe 440brLength 34.75brWeight 10.5 lbs w/o scopebrColor BlackbrFps 440 fps. You can find out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off in settings. I love having trolls and haters. I think part of the NFA firearm loophole is that it must be smooth bore so you would have issues with rifle calibers. Today I am giving my review of the HenryLever Action Axe .410. In terms of the legality youd have to do something with the stock but it would be a pistol. Mares legs arent exactly rare either so 45-70 shouldnt be out of the question. K-Mart Classics: Remingtons Nylon Rimfires Engineered To Last. My girlfriend weighs 110 pounds soaking wet, and she handles the Henry Axe without any problem. COPYRIGHT 2021, THETRUTHABOUTGUNS.COM. Ended: Mar 02, 2023. I really wonder about the metrics of a gun like this vs a 44 Mag or 45 colt lever gun. In closing,I want to say thank you toHenry Repeating Arms for allowing TFB and myself the opportunity to try out their lever-action Axe in .410! So thats why. 2022 Shooters Delight Pty Ltd | ABN 29 603 288 722Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Site by GO Creative. Show Only Guns The lever action is very smooth, and the loop adequate for my oh so large hands. It has a 24" barrel and matte black finish. The axe handle pistol grip gives the firearm its name and is engraved on the bottom with the iconic Henry Cowboy logo for that unmistakable touch of Henry class. Its an interesting design that keeps the same downward curve that the Raptor grip use, which helps support the weapon and dissipate recoil. You are not only given a 100% satisfaction guarantee but you also get a gun that will live up to its name the second you take your first shot. This can make it a little tricky. Henry H018BAH-410 Brass Lever Action Axe 410 Gauge Description: Henry Axe Lever Action Shotgun (Brass/Blued) Specifications and Features: Henry H018BAH-410; Lever Action Shotgun.410 Bore; 15.14' Round Blued Steel Barrel; 2-1/2" Chamber (2-1/2" Shells Only) 5 Rounds; Smooth Bore; The Henry Lever Action Axe .410 features a unique "axe handle" grip and an overall length of 26.4-inches, which classifies it as a non-NFA firearm. These Cookies should be enabled to allow us to enhance your experience of HenryUSA.com. Barrel: 15.14 InchRound Blued Steel Smooth Bore w/Full Invector Style Choke, Sights: Front Brass Bead w/ No Rear Sight, Scopeability:Drilled & Tapped forWeaver 63B Mount.