Free floated barrels typically offer much more in the way of long-range accuracy than barrels that are bound up by gas tubes or mag tubes, so the Long Ranger has that going for it. The Long Ranger line, though, changed the game for Henry. as a defensive rifle, those ammunition choices might change. Ruger American Predator: A Surgical Tack-Driver! 3.0 out of 5 stars. taurus g3 for sale. Theyre making waves across the board right now with virtually all of their single-action revolvers and premium lever action rifles. This allows the Long Ranger to compete with the accuracy of a bolt action while providing much faster follow-up shots thanks to the detachable box magazine. As with all the Henry products I own and use, this is a quality part for the Long Ranger rifle. The box mags of the Long Ranger are also faster to reload. Henry Repeating Arms Long Ranger Magazine .223 Rem Henry Repeating Arms Long Ranger Magazine 6.5 Creedmoor 4 Rounds Black. While this ticks all the boxes as a tactical lever action rifle it was not widely adopted. Weight increases, and again, the handling characteristics go to hell fast. Cystic Fibrosis Charity Round-Up; Join The Grabagun Freedom Team Enter your email to join the team and subscribe to GrabAGun's newsletter. 11. That is not a lot of rounds (as if you needed me to point that out to you). Does anyone know if a company produces a belt or backpack style magazine holder which I could use to carry three or four hundred 4-round magazines? I got the call from him last Wednesday saying it was in. It was designed by John Browning and manufactured by Winchester Repeating Arms Company (of course). receiver, the top is drilled and tapped for scope mounts, and the bottom features a steel-bodied flush-fit detachable magazine (5-round capacity in .223, 4-round in .243,.308, and 6.5 Creedmoor . The top Picatinny rail for optics. This model lever was used in the Spanish-American War and also early in World War I chambered in 45-90 Sharps. The forend features a steel cap with sling swivel studs to accommodate slings. It is a rather pedestrian grain that works easily, yet remains hard enough to prove durable. The Taylor Tuned rifles and pistols Ive shot have yet to need the same kind of attention. The .308 would suffer the least. The walnut furniture is absolutely gorgeous. And Taylors is keeping the originals alive and kicking. Important: If mailing to street address, use complete street names. Few people are going to put a weapon light, red dot, and certain other accouterments on a new-schooled old-school rifle if they arent assembling it with defensive purposes in mind. . I would consider none of these a 300-yard shooter. BLR magazine. Originally this model was made to handle the 45-70 cartridge but it was eventually chambered in 45-90 Win. can be readily achieved with very little work. 15 models TRYBE Defense AR-15 Extended Grasp 10-Round Magazine (4) . You directed me to have Randy from Globber Sports in Carrollton, Kentucky e-mail you his FFL and you would assist him on getting one for me. That said, they do get the job done handily and are fun to hunt with. The early ones, including 81s use the same mag for 243, 308 and 358. And walnut is strong enough to take a solid beating. They will let us know how many pages you have visited, and provide other functions required to use the site. You can learn more about how we use cookies and keep your data private by visiting our our Privacy Policy. The Long Ranger rifle offers a 5-round capacity in .223 Remington, and a 4-round capacity in .243, .308, and 6.5 Creedmoor. google lucky13. If you are looking for authenticity and functionalityhistory you can shoot without ruining the valuethis is a great place to start. Thus, I was very interested when Henry Repeating Arms, of Bayonne, N.J., announced the Long Ranger, a rotary-fed lever action in short-action calibers .223 Rem., .243 Win, 6.5 Creedmoor and .308 Win., with a 20-inch, free-floating barrel. I would also like a Magpul SGA-style stock rather than the old-timey stock it has now. The flush-mounted blackened steel release button drops a 4-round box magazine instead. It could be a decent self-defense package, close-range hunting rifleeven good for hogs. Hammer extension and scope mount included. . This rifle began life as an imported Italian 1873, a Uberti. It would be easy to make set-about guns (the kids you like to look at), and it would be equally easy to cater to the SASS crowd onlybut Taylors also sells to customers like me. Henry Long Ranger A .223 option mag-fed option for your tactical lever-action rifle build. (I would have bought a Henry lever action anyway, but not necessarily for hunting.) We use cookies to improve your website experience. I could write a dissertation about how these guns crossed the pond in the 50s and 60s and ended up in the hands of European storytellers. From hunters and military members, to competition shooters and general firearm enthusiasts, we welcome anyone who values and respects the way of the firearm. Cookie information is stored in your browser and performs functions such as recognising you when you return to our website and helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful. and 6.5 Creedmoor. I can add lights and lasers or even a bipod now. Barrel Length: 20 Round. My aging eyes do not appreciate the buckhorn-style sights on most lever guns. $ 59.95 View. Apparently, it was needed in World War I so it could be loaded with incendiary ammunition to target airships. AR15.COM is the world's largest firearm community and is a gathering place for firearm enthusiasts of all types. If the gun performs well, which this one does, youll learn to use the sights. I wont bore you with my evolution from a non-shooting gun control supporter to the opposite, but Ill say this: Your .357 magnum Big Boy turned from from a new shooter who liked guns into a new shooter who loves guns. These days, the sad truth is that people tend to get panicky if they see a black rifle, and that can work against us in certain situations. Thats not bad for a gun that will long outlive you. This material reduces the overall weight of the rifle significantly compared to our brass and steel counterparts, so it weighs in at a respectable 7 pounds. Similarly, the grooved receiver case on a Henry 45-70 or Savage 99 may make it easier for you to add the RDS you prefer than, say, Henrys Mares Leg. Henry Repeating Arms Long Ranger detachable magazine with black finish and holds 5 rounds of .223 Rem. info@bestguns.net; . So far in my first and only shooting session with this Long Ranger I have not found a load this rifle does not like. It is tapered and blued, and has a 1:10 twist in the .243 model. We'll advise which specific contributors in the text of the article. Will you need to add a padded cheek rest? If you are going to spend your money on a Henry, I can assure you that we will do whatever it takes to make sure that you are happy that you bought a Henry. - Anthony Imperato. To be certain, they do have their drawbacks (what firearm doesnt?). I want to thank you & Henry. The barrel has interrupted threads so you can rotate the barrel assembly 90 degrees and it will separate from the receiver. Detachable box magazine. As you move a little bit rearward along the handguard, you can see the new screw position that bolts to the barrel attachment point. All Rights Reserved. This is a take down lever action rifle with short optic rail. Theres a tang safety on the Winchester 1886, the handiness of which depends on personal taste. Even with the not-high-capacity mags, it's nice and quick on the follow-up. Cases always cleared the action if the gun was held perfectly upright. The following overview is to help you make an informed decision about your particular choice of lever gun. As of this writing, it is available in clear or gold and black and compatible with: The DIP H001 and H003 adapters are 3/8 in. These Cookies should be enabled to allow us to enhance your experience of HenryUSA.com. Winchester and Colt. We didnt pick the Long Ranger name out of a hat; if you need a tight-shooter thatll reach out there, this rifle delivers. Because of the .308 cartridge's spitzer bullet profile, our standard tubular magazine was out from the very beginning. The Long Ranger offers the look and feel of a traditional American lever-action, though its design is . Add to that: An extended magazine will not work in that lever gun due to the lever hitting any extension of the mag. . I did not see Marlin or Henry Repeating Arms running to make a similar gun. Id feel okay about repelling attackers in my house with one if thats what I had ready to hand and Id trained and rehearsed with it.. Id say it would be quite premature to write off the lever-action carbine just yet. Weight is 6 pounds. Keeping true to Henry's roots the Big Boy X Model utilizes a 7-round removable tube magazine . But appearances matter, particularly when gun-related litigation is the context. The .223 Remington/5.56 NATO chambering isn't the only unusual thing about Henry's new Long Ranger Express rifle. Normally I have to experiment with different types and loads of ammo to find the one the rifle like best. All Henry Repeating Arms Co Magazines Reviews, Henry U.S. The mottled colors range from gold to purple to black, all in rather muted shades. The recoil pad is the classic curved style and made from crescent metal in keeping with the original design. The lever gun lags behind the semi-auto again here, and in more than one way. The information collected is anonymous and only helps us improve our site, and your experience. Thank you again and have a blessed year. Everyone knows that lever guns are antiquated and useless, dont they? When Sergio Leone and his cohort moved on, the guns stayed. HENRY Long Ranger 308 Win Lever Action Rifle H014308 $ 920. . The following sections will all be works in progress. Everyone had one to defend their home and land. I already have a 12ga break-action Winchester 37, and with all due respect to break-actions, I just dont like the single-shot guns. Those will absolutely jab you in the shoulder to some degree so if youre considering shooting the gun at some length keep those contact points in mind. 45 Long Colt vs . The barrel makes up much of that weight, so muzzle rise is minimal. to the upper portion of a BLR or BAR magazine to make their own large/extended mags, but that's the absolute only thing I've ever seen or heard of for the BLR. What make and model is the lever-action carbine or rifle? Email: sales@opticsplanet.com, 9AM-7PM CT Mon-Fri Im not a gunsmith, but Ive spent my fair share of time with YouTube videos and replacement parts trying to keep some high-mileage Ubertis on the range. Below youll find a collection of opinions on the tactical lever action, from how to build one yourself, to after-market accessories you might take advantage of, to reviews of particularly well-liked rifles and carbines. . Long may you run. The best scope for a lever-action rifle is going to be the one that best suits that rifles mission,just like every other weapon platform. All-steel construction; holds 4 rounds of .308 Winchester ammunition. Weve upped our hunting ante, time for you to do the same? The other issue is that I will have to sacrifice the front sight. Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:00 am. Useful Links. Henry Long Ranger 308. Some are exclusives that are only available through Taylors and their distributors. The endcap had three set screws installed on the inside. (Again, get on the handloading and reloading, guys.). Second, Id like to say that I will get my 4th Henry in a heartbeat: the moment you make a 20ga shotgun that will hold five or so rounds in the tube. The success of the Marlin MLOK handguard led Midwest to make a similar handguard for the Henry Repeating Arms lever guns however it is significantly more complex to install. I think the sharp shoulder on the Creedmoor is an invitation to feed issues. Copyright 1996-2023 AR15.COM LLC. $ 999.00 $ 899.00. The overall length of the Marlin Youth carbine is pretty close to that of an AR-15 carbine, which makes it pretty handy and easy to maneuver, especially indoors, where a defensive arm is likely to be used. After all, it is the gun that the cowboys used, and is very unlikely to cause terror in the local populace if seen. Henry H001 Series Round Bbl Hi-Viz Front Sight Set(Front and Rear) $ 49.95 . cartridges. Not only is it effective, but it also offers a nice bit of nostalgia for those who enjoy that sort of thing. I have a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 that runs off of 9mm Glock mags and a Glock 19. So are there more like this coming? The bluing on the barrel is also really deep. Theres a depth to the finish that is both protective and hypnotic. Now I dont think so. Not only is a lever-action rifles actual rate of fire lower than a semi-auto, but it will also (for most users) be at least somewhat more difficult to reacquire the target for an accurate shot after the trigger break. Some have round or half-round barrels, too. And show off in front of friends. The .35 Remington is a distant second to the .30-30 in popularity. Thanks. Please enable Preference & Functionality Cookies first so that we can save your preferences! MFR:H14-223-MAG . Designed utilizing some of the best accessible components and construction, these Rifle Magazines through the product experts at Henry Repeating Arms will last an unbelievably long time. If youre used to cross-bolt safeties dont worry, it doesnt take too much time to become accustomed to a tang safety. The latter is noteworthy in that it's a modern cartridge factory designed from the outset for extended-range competition, and only afterward adopted for big-game hunting. The Henry name is synonymous with lever-actions. This is where shouldering the rifle properly and maintaining a solid shooting stance matter. Cost is also a factor with many folks, considering were not all rich. The question is, what are you going to be using the weapon for? In this case, it might be even more enjoyable thanks to the gun in question. Theres no reason to work that lever clumsily and slowly. If youre building it for more tactical purposes, i.e. On the 1873 rifles, Taylor Tuning includes a custom, hand-polished action, custom hammer and lever springs, a custom magazine tube spring, and an overall lightened action. Taylors, Girard noted, is ideally suited to bring in a wide variety of guns, make sure those guns are flawless and functional, and provide the individualized attention to the customers that makes the company a go-to for the cowboys, the historians, and those of us who just appreciate the beauty and craftsmanship of a well-made gun. The Long Ranger Express is brand new, and like the original Long Ranger, Henry claims it delivers "bolt action performance with the speed of a lever action.". That felt recoil isnt problematic, though. The 45 Colt is an excellent pistol round, but even out of a long gun the range is not greatly extended. Stock: Straight grip checkered American Walnut with buttpad. That was the biggest problem with the Mossberg. The gun weighs in under 8 pounds, too. Re: Henry Long Ranger .338 Fed. The Long Ranger line is, as its name implies, meant for long-range shooting. At 5.8 pounds pull, the trigger was OK. glock 42 for sale. .223 Rem/5.56 NATO, .243 Win, .308 Win, 6.5 Creedmoor. But Im not aware of any (yet) that prohibit hunting-type rifles. This model is not drilled and tapped for a scope so youll need to have that done by a competent gunsmith before properly mounting an optic. Some have apparently tried using FAL magazine bodies soldered(???) Series/Collection: The Long Ranger Action: Lever Trigger Type: Standard Muzzle Type: Target Crown Magazine Capacity: 4 Caliber/Gauge: 308 Winchester/7.62x51mm NATO Twist Rate: 1:10" Orientation: Right Safety: Transfer Bar Barrel Material: Steel Receiver Material: Steel Stock Material: American Walnut Barrel Finish: Blue Receiver Finish: Hard Anodized Black Stock Finish: Brown Barrel Length: 20 . Beyond that, when you begin adding accessories galore, that streamlined handiness of the carbine quickly is lost. Most of them, anyhow (more on that in a moment). Not only do I have cooler looking rifle, it feels more ergonomic to hold the handguard further out toward the muzzle. I love semi-autos of all sorts. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again. All Rights Reserved. Well we removed them and inserted longer set screws. loading happens through the side gate and can be hell on your thumbnailbut it is what it is. Granted, there's a bunch of Savage and Ruger .308 levers out there, but they also feed from a magazine. We have been selling, importing, exporting, manufacturing, customising and repairing firearms & accessories since 1978. Italian gun makers build some kickass American reproductions. I was really impressed by your 30 minute response time back to me. With the rotating bolt locking into the barrel . Like our other centerfires, the Long Ranger carries on the in-hammer sliding transfer bar as a safety, instead of a manual safety button or slider that can be hard to operate with gloves. Cartridges eject from the side as not to interfere with an optic. This gun has done away with the tube magazine ubiquitous under the barrel of most lever-actions. Below well lay out some options. Lets not be so fast to dismiss them. The legal factor cannot be ignored, either. Thank you Mr. Imperato, you just keep pushing against the upper limits of perfection! But I digress. For accuracy's sake, the barrel is free-floated.