Going into a path that requires a degree of blind faith is not recommended without a connection and guidance from those that love you the most and want the best for you., ie your own ancestors and spirit guides. humor you often have premonitions that come true Orishas are divine emanations that have been created and sent to Earth in order to help humans achieve their self-fulfillment. This is typically done when a person received their Hand of Orunla (Awofakn or Ikof). If this is for you, your ancestors will guide you and show you the way. How do you know if you are a child of Oshun? September 2012 Which Simpsons Character Are You Most Like? being structured Head Orisha: Everyone has a head Orisha, and it is not always the Orisha you may feel attracted to. January 2017 When you are about to bite into some strong cheese, be sure to smell it before eating it. Red palm oil, available at African food stores, is a staple that can be offered as well. However, in traditions that believe in two, one spirit governs the head, and the other guards the feet. That way the godparents know whether they can crown that person (barring any taboos to the contrary) and they can begin to purchase the rights supplies and make the proper arrangements. This often happens when a persons tutelary orisha is determined way in advance years before the ceremony and at the last minute a different orisha possesses that person and claims their head. If you have to own a weapon for a fight, which of this item would you pick? *there are two ways of marking the head and finding out which Orisha claims the head. They can declare a person needs to be initiated and who they should be crowned to. New Direction for the London Lucumi choir. I was born from Obatala and Yemaya. I Have written about Latin Music, and I am passionate about singing and encouraging everyone to sing. But one of the two claim a more dominant role (claims our head/ crown). Orishas and other deities correlate to many aspects of western astrology since this system was derived from African spiritual science. Ocha-centric houses will use the diloggn of Eleggua or of the godparents crowning orisha to divine a persons headorisha. Sign 7: Also, take a look at Alusi (the Igbo pantheon), Loa, a List of Yoruba deities and West African mythology in order to check if any of the signs and names youve been seeing or hearing, ring a bell. sticking to a formal exercise program you are a natural gardener you are not bothered by funerals or cemeteries Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Which Stand do you have. wine or liquor A good day chiefs by virtue of their intention to remain in one location for a length of time. Three or more babalawos are used to ensure that the Odu (sacred oracle) that is marked on the opon (the divining tray) is correct and so that the querent can receive as much information as possible about the lessons and taboos of the odu. Head Orishas are significant deities in African traditional religions like Ifa. Finding a reputable Diviner, either of Ifa or the Dilogun can be a necessary step. Please see this very important article by Willie Ramos: Diplo and Pseudo OrishasThis is why it is very important to educate yourself and build up relationships. consistently been nominated in the Lukas awards, where we were second in our category in 2018 ( for contribution to Latin Music and Arts). I would say do some research first. Throughout the video, I also share some tips about reasons why each step of the long process is valuable and how to ensure your short process is valid as well. You will never be part of a community if you can only visit that community once a year, if that. Due to the spiritual origin of their spirits (souls), they are said to have led ordinary human lives but retain their great wisdom and power, thus acting as a sort of spiritual gurus and shamans to the humans. The best day to perform rituals for prosperity or financial success. Making Ocha and the Initiation Procedure. Quiz, Grammar Quiz: Test your Grammar Knowledge with questions. She is also fond of light-colored fruits, wine, beer, rum, or gin. In fact, this was one of the first things I learned about Orisha Tradition when I was a student at Temple University. One is via Orula ( Ifa) and the other is via the Dilogun of Elegua. travel you often set the tread for your friends or family There are two (maybe three) ways a persons tutelary or guardian orisha is determined. Ob can be used to open the bajada reading but the sixteen cowrie shells (diloggn) are what speak and deliver the news of that persons tutelage. In fact, in Nigeria sometimes whole families belong to a particular orisha, and surely everyone in that family does not have the same personality. Now that there are a fair amount of initiates in the UK, this is no longer the case. They are your patron or matron and act as a guardian and balancing force in a person's life. Long distance Godparents. oshunschild's Blog: Simply my thoughts and feelings about being an Iyalocha in London, Information about Uk wide spiritualist churches, Information about the College of Psychic Studies, Good information and advice. Our interest in cancer is the result of a combination of factors. In Europe, in general there has been a huge rise in the practise of the religion and the ceremony of Kariocha has taken place in some countries, amongst them Holland, and Spain. Sometimes your head Orisha corresponds to the planetary ruler of your sun or moon sign, so you could already be familiar with how this energy works. Along with understanding this, I think it's also important to know that the head-marking ritual is best done when one has decided to work with a priest or priestess within an ile (Yoruba word for house). This is usually done by an Ob Oriat but any sufficiently skilled olorisha that has firm knowledge of odu can perform the ceremony. you are attracted to lakes, streams, or the ocean Many new practitioners of the Ifa and other diasporic traditions are typically quite excited to identify their head Orisha when they first start practicing these spiritual systems. My Iyatobi Oshainle passed this year and Omi Laibo is my Ojubona. February 2020 A perfect day for marriage. you need periods of being alone Along with our Egun are our Spirit Guides. ", "Ohhh, girl, he is FINE! Sign 2: You might also receive spirit messages through random images you see around you, on the TV, on your daily walks or when speaking with your friends. tend toward a strong physique Oshuns day is Friday. Whats the Difference Between Legba, Eleggua, Eshu and Exu?! prefer to do rather than talk about doing Some traditions believe that each person has one guardian spirit, while others believe we have two. you have difficulty with highly spiced foods It looks like the Orisha that matches your personality is Shango. Occasionally orishas will descend onto their priests to speak and interact with others. The first two are through divination. A persons head orisha is not a matter of choice or preference; the tutelary orisha is linked to a persons destiny. As far as all should be concerned you are under the tutelage and protection of Obatala. It is unacceptable for this ceremony to be done with the okuel (diviners chain). Instead initiations in Santeria help the person to move forward in their lives, often in specific ways and impart the ach or spiritual power of the Orishas into your life. When you know who your Orisha is, you also know who to approach when you need help in life. Some of their characteristics, though slightly different in each branch, all evolved from the source, the Yoruba people of West Nigeria. I hope you are well Many people are rightfully curious about their head Orisha. If-centric houses will defer to the Babalawos in their godfamily to determine a persons orisha. Dr. E. at the Missionary Independent Hoodoo Workshops 2013, Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers. you have an exceptional, but seldom expressed, temper Once this happens, that person should begin making preparations for kariocha primarily saving money for the ceremony. KARIOCHA: In addition to these there are other orishas that are crowned through a ritual adjustment called oro. Three babalawos must be present for this to be done properly. This ceremony is also perfomed on the floor like the one done in Ocha-centric houses. His domain is the Sky, Clouds, Mountaintop. He sees all, and he knows all, past, present, and future. During the Headlong mission, you'll find yourself in the Liming Harbor area of Neomuna, near the entrance to the Thrilladrome Lost Sector. That Orisha helps us to better our lives and is one of our first lines of protection in life. The head orisha is the right divine current of spiritual energy that person needs for his or her life to be balanced so his or her ultimate destiny can be attained. I found what appears to be a dead baby bird on my bedroom windowsill todayit barely has feathers so no, The digestfromexperts is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, The Connection Between Dragonfly and Death | Various Spiritual Meanings and Beliefs. Many devotees begin each day by sprinkling cool water on or in front of Esu as a way of cooling his temper and asking for pleasantness in their own day. October 2020 The difference between the different roles are documented elsewhere. Some believe that it is the personification of a natural force, while others say it is an ancestor or a different spirit altogether. While this is a powerful and moving experience, in this day of people faking possessions it is necessary to confirm what was revealed through divination just for good measure. Punch two holes through the eyes, allowing the liquid inside to drain into a glass or a cup. If you want to know who to worship and who to work with, its Obatala until it is time for you to find out who your guardian orisha really is. In this case, we would have: 1+7+1+1+1+9+9+4=33, and then do a new sum with the result 3+3=6. March 2015 Children of Obatal need to take very good care of their heads and should refrain from drinking heavily or taking drugs. Others may seek you out for your wisdom. This is one of the most frequent questions that I have been asked over the years. Although there is much variation in the details of the rituals and mythology of these deities among these West African peoples, the underlying . The offerings are always presented to the head starting with the "third eye" area, moving to the top of the head and proceeding to the base of the skull. Both the light and shadow aspects of Oguns traits are necessary for getting things going and advancing society in a myriad of ways. There is a small ritual that is connected to this procedure. you prefer classical or quiet music to rock or rap I Grew up in London, mixed background, third generation musician. you forgive easily and often Because the children of Obatala must take care of their heads, and because they are often prone to feeling the excesses of stress and deadlines, they tend to run hot. What this means, in simple terms, is that they get overburdened or overloaded with work or responsibilities and begin to react badly to the mental pressure. In addition, we have performed at festivals such as La Linea and Bestival. If you have not decided that this is your path, you definitely do not want to just find out what orisha has your head and then walk away. There are various ways and resources in the UK and online, but I would say that it is important to build some kind of ancestor altar in your home. your life has been filled with sudden change In other African Diasporic religions (Candombl, Ifa, etc.) The Religion like all spiritual paths is about elevation. How old is Squidward Tentacles in Spongebob Squarepants? These are not legitimate practices and are not only fraudulent but can be incredibly harmful to a persons development. December 2013 If you belong to a house that works with Ifa, the role that the Babalawo has within Kariocha is minimal and you will rely on a community of Olorishas. A persons tutelary orisha (also called a head orisha, guardian orisha or guardian angel) is the orisha that claims a persons head. - Original Botanica Which Orisha Do You Most Identify With? you are physically attractive people either love or dislike you Because our tutelary Orisha plays such an essential role in our lives, it is probably not surprising that the process of discovering the identity of our Orisha is a major ceremony in itself. Create your own unique website with customizable templates. Obatala may well be your guardian Orisha if: you are more cerebral than physical Marginal tax brackets for tax year 2021, head of household. Orishas (singular: orisha) are spirits that play a key role in the Yoruba religion of West Africa and several religions of the African diaspora that derive from it, such as Cuban, Dominican and Puerto Rican Santera and Brazilian Candombl.The preferred spelling varies depending on the language in question: r is the spelling in the Yoruba language, orix in Portuguese, and orisha . Her name means Mother whose children are fish., you can not stand to be bored There are no other accepted methods aside from those mentioned above to determine a persons tutelary orisha within Santeria Lukum. Start Quiz . https://oshunschild.com/2016/01/27/i-am-interested-in-following-the-path-of-orisha-what-do-i-do-abou… []. You might notice both positive and negative aspects of your head Orisha within your personality. Orisha comes to London. as a male, you enjoy the company of strong women As I have said, time is of the essence, a spiritual practise will help you develop your senses and gut instinct, in addition, it should be confirmed by Orisha. Thus, Orishas are seen as intermediaries between the humans and the Olodumare the supreme being that is beyond human perception, and the constructs of time and space, as it is an omnipotent and omnipresent being that created the Universe. You may be an Aries sun or moon sign or have other prominent planetary placements in the Aries constellation in your natal chart. At this time, you should begin to present the offerings to your Ori. There are only three ways to find out who your Orisha is: diloggun head marking from an Olorisha (preferably an Oriate - this is more than a standard reading), If bajada from Babalawos, or from an Orisha 8. To find out which Orich claims your head, you have to undergo one of two possible ceremonies: In iles (houses) that are Ifa-centric, Babalawos (Priests of Orula) use palm or cola nuts to draw out the Odu (sign or letter) that signals the owner of the person's head. I also explain the long process of finding out who your head Orisha is and the short process of finding out. In the event of surgery, buy six different kinds of beans. find that others expect you to do things for them How to Find Out Your Guardian Orisha the Proper Way!JOIN MY PATREON TEAM for private live-streams, private lessons, recipes, money and love hacks, and a 15 minute consultation!https://www.patreon.com/Adunola@AdunolatheoracleThis was created because I see so many going around attesting that they are a child of a particular Orisha, but have not had an official proper ceremony done to determine who their Head Orisha is. Because it is my lineage, the Lucumi path is what I will be concentrating on, however please be aware that there are different traditions under the umbrella of Orisha worship and you need to find what is right for you. Peace Family! you love (or fear) thunderstorms and lightning Why did MSF turn its attention to cancer patients? you have a genuine caring feeling for other people January 2013 Rub this liquid firmly into your scalp, with particular emphasis on the crown of your head. When you choose your godparents, you are also choosing to belong to a lineage and a way of doing things. The two teams battled on this ground in 2019, where Quetta registered a 43 . you are exceptionally protective about your children There have even been instances where one orisha stood up to claim a persons head moments prior to initiation, or even in the ceremony itself. you enjoy darker colors are quick to take offense In the Yoruba-based religions, the Orisha are angelic emanations of The Creator (God Almighty) manifesting through nature. And besides. Orishas presence is not active just in Yoruba religion, but also they are essential and very present in Santeria, Hoodoo and Diloggun divination practices. Have a look at the Blogs. get fuzzy headed o er the opposite sex. orisha, also spelled orixa or orisa, any of the deities of the Yoruba people of southwestern Nigeria. In addition culturally there will never be an understanding of your every day life in the UK. The head can be requested by any Olorisha or Awo Orunmila (santero or babalawo) as long as their hands . 2. She is the Yoruba goddess of Love and sweet waters and the most beautiful Orisha of the Yoruba pantheon. Considering the options that you've picked, it looks like your personality matches with the Orunmila Orisha. Before proceeding further, you should determine whether your Ori (Higher Self spirit that resides in your head trying to play out your destiny on Earth given to you by Olodumare) will cooperate in assigning a Head Orisha to you. This meant that for me it was the only place to make Ocha. Rooster and ram are blood offerings to Shango. For any long-term goals one needs fulfilled. you tend to be slightly heavy large groups of people & parties The union should be blessed by the head Orisha of the Olorisha before making any commitment. The Spirits of Africa Numerology Oracle Card Deck, Connecting w/ Your Ancestors, 2nd Edition. The Owner of the river is a head Osha and represents the intensity of feelings and spirituality, human sensuality, love and femininity. movies & theater, functioning within confined environments Easy Folk Magic Love Spells to Try for Yourself, Basic Ingredients and Curios Used in Hoodoo. There are a number of levels of initiation, and the knowledge you gain deepens as well as the commitment . A particular bad day for travel or moving from one home or business location to another. And the more we live in harmony with our Orisha, the more harmonious our lives will be. Asking for an understanding of your circumstances is a tall order if the majority of your Ocha family have never left the street they have lived in all their lives. Also have a look at these Online resources: http://wemba-music.org/orisha_faq.htm A fantastic resource with alot of good advise for new comers. Everyone in the Santera community celebrates and honors them on their special days. Remember the oath you choose is solely your decision. These orishas include Logun Ede, Oshumare, Orisha Oko (direct) and even Olokun. Train your nose. A good day to initiate new business ventures. Premonitions, dreams, and strong feelings can lead you toward the Orichs, but in the end, the Orichs choose you, you don't choose them. At this time of year, with Yemaya's feast day on September 7, Ochn's on September 8, and Obatal's coming up on September 24, everyone is paying a lot of attention to these Orichs, which is only right and natural under the circumstances. A simple way of relieving this pressure is to purchases two coconuts.