Very few jobs/careers have the stability and security we once had . I know its not much but, its the least I can do. In addition, she is no longer providing voice services for Audacy's other Top 40 stations. Clearly there has been something going in my body for awhile now that I didnt notice or recognize the signs of, said Drex. During its run as "Doug FM", WDRQ in Detroit used the line "93.1 DOUG FM - We PlayEVERYTHING!". Rogers has the most troubled morning shows in this city. What we jokingly called our 'witty banter.' [1] It plays an adult hits format, in most cases not using DJs. Jeffs post got me thinking. A Pennsylvania woman who disappeared more than 30 years ago and was believed to be dead by her family was recently found living in a nursing home in Puerto Rico, her family and police said at a news conference Thursday. Wishing them all the best. Don't forget to clear snow from your roof, experts warn, Video of Quebec baby vaping triggers investigations, Paul St. Pierre Plamondon says he encountered his most hostile audience 'by far' in England, Main Street building 'complete loss' after Saturday morning fire, 'Wildly successful' after-school program hopes to continue after province shuts down Manitoba Remote Learning Support Centre, 'I'd never seen one in the wild before': an up close encounter with a Lynx in Grand Beach, Fire leads to evacuation of residential complex in Saskatoon, Saskatoon couple opens home and hearts to nieces and nephews after tragedy, Fatal crash involving pedestrian under investigation: Regina police, Hundreds of students to be moved from Harbour Landing School amid overcrowding issues, Former MJ Warriors head coach Mike Stothers diagnosed with melanoma, N.B. Older white males get punted. The former late night network host of Corus Radios The Shift with Drextook over the reins of the Jack 96.9 (CJAX-FM) Vancouver morning show on Wednesday. He was fired after she filed a formal . Before she experienced the worst year of her life, Debbie Barnswell simply sang for fun. Very insensitive. Just like the real people and real families that have been destroyed by them broadcasting the narrative about the pandemic and the like. Weve also hired this amazingly hysterical woman, Lena Schulman. He has five children, Rachel, Amy, Ian, Jenni, and Connor. American photographer and radio personality, Cumulus Makes Return Of Mix 107.3 Washington Official; Jack Diamond Returns for Mornings, "dcrtv.com - washington dc/baltimore area radio/tv/media", "Jack Diamond Announces WRQX Sign-Off; Move Of Morning Show", Radio Online: Straight From The Mouth, The Morning Mouth's March Interview with Jack Diamond, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Jack_Diamond_(radio_personality)&oldid=1127293492, Articles with dead external links from June 2016, Short description is different from Wikidata, Articles with a promotional tone from September 2009, All articles with vague or ambiguous time, Vague or ambiguous time from October 2022, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 13 December 2022, at 23:06. I think shes one of the funniest women on Canadian radio right now, no question, said Drex. https://t.co/sSVdoeKBcI. In January 2007, KAJR in California's Coachella Valley launched as a "Jack FM" affiliate in a region unable to receive the KCBS-FM signal from Los Angeles, 100 miles (160km) to the west. city of santa ana workers compensation (The prank's name was possibly also inspired by the Canadian satirical magazine Frank, and probably the New England stations known as Frank FM.). Technically they are considered two separate radio stations in the way they are rated. More than 150 scouts from across southern Alberta gathered this weekend to attend a winter training camp aimed at teaching emergency and survival skills to youth. package and have a future plan in place. A writer for the Apple TV+ series 'The Morning Show' interviewed an ABC News producer who said a top Good Morning America producer sexually harassed her. The new show replaces the previous morning show team of Jeff Brown, Charis Hogg and Paul Brown, who had together since Aug. 2018. 96.5 JACK-FM Music Recently Played Top Songs Royals Lorde Pure Heroine 11:22 PM In The Air Tonight (2015 Remastered) Phil Collins Face Value (Deluxe Editon) 11:17 PM The Unforgiven Metallica Metallica 11:04 PM See All Recently Played Shows Lee Callahan Latest Stories Local News 103-Year-Old Statue Stolen From Seattle Fraternity House Comes Home Top Songs. He originally went by the name of Bruce Diamond on air at WINX. It is Rogers loss. Jennifer Garner, Zoe Saldana sign on to new Netflix feature being filmed in Vancouver, Here is the story behind that defaced 'Welcome to Surrey' sign. Our JACK FM playlist mix is crafted song by song combining the mystical science of mood and emotion with decades of music diversity. youth advocates recommendations draw criticism, Two men charged with firearm offences after emergency alert issued in parts of Nova Scotia, Cole Harbour man at centre of emergency alert dies after injuring himself with knife: RCMP, February home sales in London, St. Thomas lowest since 1995, Hundreds brave the cold waters at Port Stanley to raise funds to support children with cancer, City of London outfits rink for crokicurl, Tim Hortons Brier kicks-off at Budweiser Gardens, 'There are no words': Dementia patient suffers third-degree burns at northern Ont. For most of his career, he has done a morning show. Two popular Rochester radio show hosts have been fired after making racist comments during a live broadcast on Tuesday. Jack Diamond Morning Show, was a radio show that aired for 24 years on WRQX Mix 107.3 weekdays from 5 am to 10 am and Saturdays 6 am to 10 am in Washington, DC. He also has two dogs, Zeus and Steve. Many people braved the cold Saturday morning by jumping into the water at Port Stanleys Little Beach to support Childcan. Steve O'Brien, a . On July 29, 2005, Rawlco's CKCK-FM in Regina, Saskatchewan became the first non-Rogers station in Canada to directly license the Jack FM brand rather than adopting an alternate name. All kinds of advice. Such a pleasure to listen to. "Feeling grateful today for the experience of a lifetime. Jack FM morning show host Drex suffered a heart attack just hours after discussing often-ignored men's health issues on his radio program. Three of the fired DJs and staff (Dan Taylor, Bob Shannon, and Mr. G) returned to the station, along with newsman Al Meredith (who had stayed at the station during Jack FM doing his Sunday morning public affairs show), as well as DJ Pat St. John who had previously left CBS-FM for Q104.3 about a year before the flip to Jack. Write CSS OR LESS and hit save. Jack FM has it all when it comes to WVU: Football, Men's Basketball, Women's Basketball and Baseball. They were released as part of layoffs across the Rogers Sports & Media division last month. Drunk driver admitted to breaking public health orders, RCMP say, This 'not-creepy' Zoom event offers Vancouver singles the chance to find love. 1:07. Popular Boston radio host Siegel walked out of his KISS 108-morning show Wednesday after he said he was told by station management to stop talking about Lovato 's non-binary announcement. JACK FM's music playlist features 6 decades of familiar songs curated in a surprising, energizing experience. Ms Sarah listens politely. I understand your frustration and I can assure you this decision to restrict our streaming efforts to San Diego was based on multiple factors including the licensing issues outlined on our website. They were part of the family. JACK UP THE 80s with Larry Hennessey! A new study from U.S. researchers has revealed a way to leverage artificial intelligence to detect Alzheimer's more easily. Child, Youth and Seniors advocate Kelly Lamrock issued recommendations this week on how to uphold the rights of children with special needs in New Brunswick classrooms. Well, you've reached the end of the Internet. In late September 2005, CJAQ-FM in Toronto, announced that it would become the first DJ-free station in Canada. I once did a bicep curl with my @TheJUNOAwards statuette during an interview with @RiazMeghji. With files from David Paddon, The Canadian Press, Sign in or register for your free account. Theyd made getting up at 5:00a.m. The first Jack station was Vancouver's CKLG-FM, which quickly shot to the top of the city's BBM radio ratings. Stacker compiled a list of the most iconic concerts from each of the last 63 years, using a variety of internet-based sources, including setlist.fm, Billboard magazine, Rolling Stone magazine, and Billy Weaver- Mid November firing is not a Christmas firing and your response would have been the same thirty days from now. On. Since their sign-on, in 1996, News 1130 has been my go-to radio station. With Educational Media Foundation's purchase of WRQX, on May 28, 2019, Diamond announced the station's format change and that he would host the final hour of WRQX. Enable push notifications on your device. In September 2019, Skyview Networks took over the US distribution rights from Westwood One. Straight Up Paula Abdul Forever Your Girl 3:38 AM. Jack FM morning show host Drex suffered a heart attack just hours after discussing often-ignored mens health issues on his radio program. Dropped the format in August 2012 in favor of, Ended a WQJK simulcast in February 2012 when the station was leased, then sold, to the, JACK2 Hits (launched as Jack FM 2 in Oxfordshire in August 2013), JACK3 Chill (launched in May 2017 as Jack FM 3). As for behind-the-scenes talent, former KGO producer Albert Ermelo also took the news of the closure hard. Its been an amazing 17 years and thank you to my coworkers, media colleagues, newsmakers and listeners. Updated: Apr 7, 2021 / 10:21 PM EDT. Im on the outside, looking in as it were, trying to imagine the psychological pressure in this industry in recent years, where every day could be your last day, often for no discernible reason. The current cast now includes Jimmy Alexander, Erica Hilary, Producer Blaire Kelleher and his wife, Lisa Anne. Im going to be taking advice from the women in my life, who seem to know a lot more about this than I do.. The Winnipeg Jets and Edmonton Oilers are heading in different directions now at a very important point in the season -- coming out of the NHL trade deadline. After working for a few years at WINX, he moved to WEEL in Fairfax, Virginia for another two-year run. A personal page for friends who enjoy comedy, lifestyle and social issues, music and video. . NRC Broadcasting's KJAC in Denver was the first U.S. station to adopt the "Jack FM" format on April 14, 2004. Drex knows if he didnt call for help when he did, he may not have survived the cardiac event. Broadcast Dialogue has been required reading in the Canadian broadcast media for 25 years. When I was a @TeacherPrize finalist, @dawnchubai broadcast live from my choir room. Diamond worked in the music industry for Atlantic Records for a few years.[when?]. The document has moved here. Im totally disheartened about the loss of Russ Lecate. That evening, while home alone, Drex began experiencing frightening symptoms. Hes very lucky to be alive.. On October 25, 2005, Infinity Broadcasting, part of CBS, announced that it would be replacing Howard Stern with Jack FM on some of its stations. shared News 1130 meteorologist Russ Lacate, tweeted news veteran Bruce Claggett of News 1130. [12] This move by program director Mike O'Reilly drew the ire of fans who live outside the city limits, including the large U.S. military community stationed locally and overseas. B.C. RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) Mornings on 103.7 Play will no longer start with Melissa and Jack, according to a Facebook post from one of the radio hosts. The heavy snowfall this season, combined with this week's snow, may have added weight to many roofs in Quebec. 12:29pm. Now they will have some inexperienced people do the job instead and the product will be worse for it. Educators in a successful online after-school program are hoping it will find a way to continue after the province closes its remote learning support centre later this year. Today he pointed out 20,000 new cases since the Sept election call. Woodward Radio Group fired morning show co-host Len Nelson on Monday, following a two-week suspension for comments he.