1 hit country singles in the 1990s. He was 61. Please check your email and click on the link to activate your account. His second consecutive platinum album, "Third Rock from the Sun," was released in 1994. Joe Diffie Dies from Coronavirus inside Country Star's Personal Life and Death at 61 By Oyin Balogun Mar 31, 2020 07:00 A.M. Learn more about managing a memorial . Others in the country music community to test positive for the coronavirus include Kalie. it's almost a cleansing. or don't show this againI am good at figuring things out. COUNTRY STAR JOE DIFFIE DEAD FROM CORONAVIRUS COMPLICATIONS AT AGE 61, Joe Diffie performing at the 12th annual ACM Honors in Nashville, Tenn. (Al Wagner/Invision/AP, File). 1 slot four weeks, a rare feat nowadays. That's probably correct; certainly, what has happened to Diffie since then justifies his believing so. "It sounded younger and punchier, and the songs were probably catchier. March 29, 2020. The latter of those two songs was Diffie's longest-lasting number one, at four weeks. Between then and 2004, Diffie charted 35 cuts on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart, including f [2] Of this album, Stephen Thomas Erlewine said, "it's pleasant, but it's not particularly distinguished. I'm confessing my sins to everybody, and they're saying, `Hey, we forgive you, because we've done the same stuff.' The thing I find amazing about country music fans and the American people in general is that if you come to 'em honestly up front and say, `Look, I made a mistake and I hope you'll forgive me for it,' they're very forgiving people. Result? "They have filed for Please enter your email address and we will send you an email with a reset password code. The Chinese coronavirus claimed an American cultural icon over the weekend: Grand Ole Opry member Joe Diffie passed away due to complications from COVID-19 on Sunday. The widow of NASCAR star Davey Allison, killed in a July helicopter crash, confirmed she is dating country singer Joe Diffie, who sang at Allison's funeral. Get all the latest news on coronavirus and more delivered daily to your inbox. from A Thousand Winding Roads . and to check on the kids. When he finally came to Nashville in the late 1980s, he did so as a songwriter who wrote more than 200 songs in a three-year period and saw a number of them recorded by other singers.
[26], Third Rock from the Sun was Diffie's highest-charting top country album (where it reached number six[13]), as well as his second consecutive platinum album. We will review the memorials and decide if they should be merged. Tara grew up along with brothers, Brock and Ty. He reportedly died from coronavirus complications. Leave a . I think it made it sound a little younger. It includes collaborations with The Grascals, Rhonda Vincent, and other bluegrass artists. The singer says the experience was surreal. Many of them claim that health officials, government leaders and media outlets have overblown the danger of the virus, millions being infected with it worldwide. [42], His final album for Epic Records, titled A Night to Remember, was released in 1999. Edit a memorial you manage or suggest changes to the memorial manager. "The song came on, the guy started singing, and I said, `This guy's great! That Don't Come In" at Allison's graveside service. Use the links under See more to quickly search for other people with the same last name in the same cemetery, city, county, etc. After working as a demo singer in the 1980s, he signed with Epic Records' Nashville division in 1990. Following in his father's footsteps, Diffie began singing at an early age, often listening to the albums in his father's record collection. [8] Montgomery, who was then the vice president of A&R at Epic Records, told Diffie he wanted to sign him with the label, but had to put him on hold for a year. He was 61.On Friday, Diffie revealed that he had tested positive for the COVID-19 coronavirus. He died on 29 March 2020 in Nashville, Tennessee, USA. In 2013, Jason Aldeans song 1994 name-checked several of Diffies hits, and contained a chorus consisting of the chant Joe, Joe, Joe Diffie! This supplied Diffie with the title of his final album, released in 2019. "Whereas if you hide something and they find about it, they're not very forgiving. Joe Sr also played the guitar and banjo, while Flora was a singer, and Joe Jr began singing while still an infant. After his first marriage ended in divorce, he moved to Nashville, Tennessee to pursue a career in Country music. Just before this interview, he had performed more than 20 days out of the previous 30 and, although so hoarse he could barely speak, was back at Soundshop Studio working on the next album, "Life's So Funny," a ballad-heavy project whose awesome early tracks promise to be the most stunning work of his career. Flora (Floss) Deen Lowrance Diffie departed this life on November 18, 2020 at the age of 81. "[37], Twice Upon a Time followed in 1997. I love those kinds of songs, but they don't do well usually . ", Jack Hurst and Tribune Country Music Writer. Use Next and Previous buttons to navigate, or jump to a slide with the slide dots. | AdminFuneral Home Website by Batesville | Funeral Planning and Grief Resources. His songs were frequently covered by other artists, including Memory Lane by Tim McGraw, and Jo Dee Messinas take on My Give a Damns Busted. Liz Allison, a native South Carolinian who met Davey Allison in 1988 and

No shows booked at the moment.

2. "Joe and I have no plans to be married. He reportedly died from coronavirus complications. His father held various jobs and later drove a tour bus for the country superstar Toby Keith; his mother was a . Joe Diffie: 10 Essential Songs. This relationship is not possible based on lifespan dates. During this period, he worked as a musician on the side, first in a gospel group, Higher Purpose, then in a bluegrass band, Special Edition. [3] The album itself peaked at number 23 on Top Country Albums. "Before, there were places I could go and, man, nobody'd know who I was. Diffie's father, Joe R., played guitar and banjo, and his mother sang. var et_animation_data = [{"class":"et_pb_cta_0","style":"flipLeft","repeat":"once","duration":"1000ms","delay":"0ms","intensity":"50%","starting_opacity":"100%","speed_curve":"ease-in-out"},{"class":"et_pb_code_1","style":"zoom","repeat":"once","duration":"1000ms","delay":"0ms","intensity":"50%","starting_opacity":"0%","speed_curve":"ease-in-out"}]; "Joe and I have no plans to be married. c = c.replace(/woocommerce-no-js/, 'woocommerce-js'); He was 61. He was inducted into the Grand Ole Opry in 1993 and the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame in 2002. Veteran country artist Joe Diffie has died following complications from COVID-19. careful, during the pandemic. [61], In late 2012, Jason Aldean recorded the song "1994", co-written by Thomas Rhett, Luke Laird, and Barry Dean. 2023 FOX News Network, LLC. var c = document.body.className; "I think he is the greatest country singer that's ever been.". [5] He first worked in oil fields, then drove a truck that pumped concrete in the oilfield in Alice, Texas, before moving back to Duncan to work in a foundry. He was the first Country artist to have a single debut at number one on all three charts. 1 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart, and it remained on the list for 20 weeks. So I get happy/sad when I listen to it. Watch popular content from the following creators: Three Chords and the Truth(@_realcountrymusic), Highwayman(@highwayman_), Thomas Mac(@thomasmacmusic), Kati(@__lovinlb), Jeff Stauffer(@jeffstauffermusic), Austin Morrill(@austin4wd), country Mike(@countrymike33), Johnny Harmon(@johnnyharmon1), Crystal Dawn Gale(@simplysouthern_crystal . Died. He also co-wrote singles for Holly Dunn, Tim McGraw, and Jo Dee Messina, and recorded with Mary Chapin Carpenter, George Jones, and Marty Stuart. To view a photo in more detail or edit captions for photos you added, click the photo to open the photo viewer. He placed a dozen more songs in the country top 10. Soundtrack: Twister. Tulsa! Crystal K. Martel. Born in Tulsa, Oklahoma, his family moved frequently. Nashville, TN
His father held various jobs, including driving a tour bus for Toby Keith. In no time he and Allison's widow became not only an item but front-page newsmakers in the tabloids, and Diffie became the central figure in his own messy divorce. Diffie also had a playful, plucky rowdiness, and that animated his biggest hits. Joe Riley Diffie, 79, of Velma, Oklahoma, passed away peacefully, Saturday, November 24, 2018 of cancer. He spent several months in a state of depression before deciding to move to Nashville, Tennessee,[5] where he took a job at Gibson Guitar Corporation. The latter spent 37 weeks on the country music charts, the longest chart run achieved by any of his singles. Pickup Man, from 1994, was his most successful song, topping the Billboard country chart for four weeks. 29 March 2020 (aged 61) Joe Diffie (December 28, 1958 - March 29, 2020) was an American country musician. Grammy Award-winning country music star who rose to popularity in the 1990s with songs like John Deere Green and Prop Me Up Beside the Jukebox. He has died at the age of 61. 0 cemeteries found in Old Hickory, Davidson County, Tennessee, USA. Diffie passed away of coronavirus complications leaving behind his wife and kids. `So Help Me, Girl' , when I got to looking at it, was the first ballad I'd ever had out that was a positive love song. JOE DIFFIE OBITUARY Joe Diffie EAST PEORIA - Joe Logan Diffie passed away in Nashville, Tennessee on Sunday, March 29, 2020 from complications of coronavirus COVID-19. Her version of the song, included on her album Delicious Surprise, was a number-one single that year. Show Media. It was in this uncomplicated spirit that he recorded hits such as Bigger Than the Beatles (No 1 in 1995), the tale of love between a waitress and a hotel lounge singer featuring a crafty nod to the Beatles She Loves You. Use Escape keyboard button or the Close button to close the carousel. Two days before his death, Diffie released a statement saying he had tested positive for coronavirus and was receiving treatment. One of these original songs, "LeRoy the Redneck Reindeer", was issued as a Christmas single late in the year, peaking at number 33 upon its initial release and re-entering the country music charts for the next two years based on Christmas airplay. As he did with the new cuts for his Greatest Hits package, Diffie worked with producers Don Cook and Lonnie Wilson, a friend of Diffie's who worked primarily as a session drummer and songwriter, and formerly fronted the band Bandana. In a statement, she said she hoped to set the record straight about her husbands death so that their family can focus on grieving for Joe Diffie and celebrating the Grand Ole Opry members legacy. Average Age & Life Expectancy. The. He has attacked the business of being a star in the same trouper-like way that long has been the norm in country music. Quickly see who the memorial is for and when they lived and died and where they are buried. He also co-wrote singles for Holly Dunn, Tim McGraw . "[41], In mid-1998, Epic Records released Diffie's Greatest Hits package, which featured three new cuts. Failed to report flower. One of 'em told me he actually increased his range trying to sing along with me.". On Sunday, Diffie died at the age of 61 due to complications related to COVID-19. https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/208520033/joe-diffie. [3][5], When the foundry closed in 1986, Diffie declared bankruptcy and sold the studio out of financial necessity. [30] Diffie followed the song with "I'm in Love with a Capital 'U'" and "That Road Not Taken", which respectively reached country peaks of 21 and 40. "[34], His other release that year was the studio album Life's So Funny. Even in his performing era, Diffie continued writing songs, including ones recorded by Tim McGraw (Memory Lane) and Jo Dee Messina (My Give a Damns Busted). [27] The album included two consecutive number-one singles in its title track and in "Pickup Man".