Refunds and FCCs are typically processed within 30 days of receiving the request or 30 days after the deadline for making requests, whichever comes earlier. We pride ourselves on providing guests with great service. The Future Cruise Deposit is a reduced, fully refundable deposit of $100 per person that secures a booking until final payment and gives you up to $150 Onboard Credit! Onboard Credit is only per person for the person using the Future Cruise Deposit; it does not carry over to any other passengers in the stateroom. There is also the option for a full refund which must be requested using an online form by September 8, 2022. Under the Cruise With Confidence guidelines, if you booked Flexible Air flights through Princess' EZair program, you will receive a refund, minus any cancellation fees, the cost of which will be added to your total future cruise credit. Until I see it at Princess.com it's unconfirmed. For even greater peace of mind, Princess also offers Princess Vacation Protection that will provide full vacation protection in the form of a future cruise credit or a reimbursement of the normally non-refundable cancellation fees, depending on the reason for changed plans. When Omicron began to hit hard in late December, and we started to read about more and more cases on board, we elected to cancel just outside of 30 days to be sure we had both options and wouldnt lose the cost of the insurance. Nothing for the Royal. We were booked on the Majestic, 4/4/23, 28 day, Sidney to LA voyage. The program allows guests to change their vacation plans up to 30 days prior to the day of departure, receiving cancellation fees as a future cruise credit. I am confused: We are booked om magestic princess jan 29th australia/New Zealand. The updated Cruise with Confidence policy has been implemented in order for Princess to offer its guests "more . To apply more or if you prefer not to use your FCC, please call our Contact Center. So were doing all we can to promote and protect your Cruise Health, from partnering with medical experts and following best practices to giving you more control over how you cruise. With the uncertainty surrounding cruise vacations continuing, Princess Cruises is . With the insurance, no, I don't expect it to be refunded since I used it to cancel. FCC for my deposit paid. You may have coverage from other sources that provides you with similar benefits but may be subject to different restrictions depending upon your other coverages. For. I was fearful that my 91 year old Dad may catch the virus, otherwise my husband and I would have gone. The Princess Cruises refund policy states that you will also receive money back on taxes, fees, port expenses, transfers and surcharges. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. And the photo package offered with Premium includes unlimited digital . We recouped everything we spent, no cancellation charges. Has anyone even heard any rumors as to whether Princess may extend the Dec 31, 2022 deadline for using FCC's? They have each received any money owed back on their credit cards already, for excursions and specialty dining. Baggage/Personal Effects: Up to $1,500 ($3,000 with the Platinum plan) if your stuff is lost, stolen or damaged. It helps to understand the differences between these, as you get them for different reasons and they can be used for different items. The Princess cruise ship was scheduled to begin her season in the Baltic out of Copenhagen, Denmark, on April 24 after repositioning from Fort Lauderdale in Florida on April 9. With the complexities of international air travel and border closures, it is with a heavy heart that we have to continue to cancel select cruises. Now it has been canceled. Princess Cruises' Book with Confidence Policy NEW [Temporary] Policy: Cancel up to 30 days before you sail, and get your cancellation fees back as a Future Cruise Credit (FCC). Your benefits just got better and you can still enjoy low prices! Guests that reserved their cruise before August 8, 2022 will have the following COVID-19 Assistance at no extra charge. Princess Cruises has been forced to cancel a limited number of voyages for the Diamond Princess cruise ship, which includes departures out of San Diego, California. NOW WHAT!?@!?@. Azamara Quest. In no situation shall a guest be entitled to a refund greater than the refund amount retained by Princess Cruises. I also wondered about the odd amount in my FCC account, then a few days later I happened to notice that Id missed seeing a refund of the Government tax portion of my payment on my credit card. If you need to cancel for specified reasons outlined in the Cancellation Fee Waiver section of the plan, youll receive a refund of your cancellation fees. Life happens, however, and it's good to be prepared for when the unexpected happens. Does anyone understand why Majestic and Royalto Australia/NZ was cancelled but Crown was not? Reason beingcruise with confidence refunds the insurancewhile the other actually utilizes the insurance so no refund. Captains Circle members who have achieved Ruby, Platinum or Elite status who elect to purchase Standard PVP automatically receive a complimentary upgrade to PVP Platinum; well pay the difference in plan cost on your behalf. Princess Cruises offers two levels of PVP Standard & Platinum. LauraS The following Princess sailings have been canceled: Coral Princess Australia and New Zealand cruises departing January 27, 2022, through March 7, 2022 Royal Princess Australian sailings through March 9, 2022 Discovery Princess departures from Los Angeles through March 20, 2022 Emerald Princess Australia and New Zealand sailings through March 2022 Princess Cruises, Ro. Princess Cruises: Effective immediately, Princess Cruises' Book with Confidence is now extended to summer 2022 cruises, including all sailings departing through September 30, 2022 (previously . 02. Q:If I have a heart condition and am on continuing medication, am I protected if my heart condition flares up during my vacation?A: Yes! If you do not have an official medical diagnosis, but feel unwell, you will receive a Future Cruise Credit. Option one is a 100% Future Cruise Credit (FCC), which can be used on a future cruise that departs by December 31, 2024. Cancellation Fee Waiver1 (Non-insurance features provided by Princess Cruises)Life is unpredictable but you can rely on Princess Vacation Protection. Q: What if I find out I was exposed to someone either on my way to my cruise or during the cruise, and I end up being isolated in my cabin for part or all of the voyage?A: PVP provides reimbursement for the days you are confined to your cabin if the confinement is ordered by a medical professional. While I was writing my post above, I checked the list of cancelled sailings and noticed Majestic was still coming here and some of the cancelled cruises had Majestic cruises as the replacement. More Mexican Riviera / Coastal CA cruises? The good news is impacted guests have the option for a replacement voyage departing in 2022 or 2023 but departing out of Los Angeles, California, rather than San Diego. It appears other cruise lines are announcing their intention to come and I see Celebrity still has a repositioning cruise from Hawaii to Sydney on October 3, so Princess are giving these companies are free hit by reducing the number of ships coming here. Cancellation of a Refundable FCC (cash value) will automatically cancel any bonus FCCs related to the original. Started October 12, 2018, Copyright 19952023 The Independent Traveler, Inc. For sailings departing on or after November 1, 2021, Princess Cruises' Cruise With Confidence program no longer applies, and refunds will be given according to the above schedule. So now we have been canceled again. My TA also said the Princess Insurance was non refundable. I will begin doing that in another week or so. https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/. Princess will refund the cancellation fees (up to the full value of the cruise vacation) if you have to cancel your trip because of a specified reason such as illness, injury or death of yourself, a traveling companion or either of your immediate family members. Q: What if my mother, who isnt sailing with us, gets COVID-19, and we may have been exposed? As I stated above, I just can't understand Princess' decision, and as you mention, today Australia has lifted it's cruise ship ban. Ashley boarded her first cruise more than a decade ago and never looked back. You will be able to leave a comment after signing in, By That was my biggest concern since I figured we might not be able to use an FCC, especially if it expired the end of 2022. I am now confident we made the right decision to cancel, as sad as it was at the time. Princess Vacation Protection is not in effect until the plan cost has been paid to Princess in addition to any required cruise deposits or payments. Booked Royal a month ago to replace my Eurpe cruise! Yep, our Pacific Coastal on Majestic in May 2023 was axed. //]]>. After final payment, cancellation fees apply; the closer you are to the sailing date, the higher the fees and the less money you'll get back. Additional information about Princess Cruises is available through a professional travel advisor, by calling 1-800-PRINCESS (1-800-774-6237), or by visiting the companys website at princess.com. Assistance is there for you, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, anywhere in the world. I don't understand the dollar amount, and the expiration date is as I feared, 31Dec2022, not 2023 as my TA informed me earlier. Princess Cruises officials announced earlier this week it had canceled nearly a dozen voyages to and from San Diego. Princess cruisetours are also undergoing some changes, with the cruise line implementing a new pre-tour testing requirement, which is in addition to the pre-cruise test for that vacation segment. When booking a cruise, passengers generally pay a portion of the total cruise fare as a deposit, with the remaining amount due a set number of days prior to the embarkation date (75 days for sailings 5 days or less, 90 days for sailings 6-24 days, and 120 days for sailings 25+ days). I don't expect to see it for a couple of months, but I will continue to check every week or so. If you need to cancel for any reason not listed in the plan, under the Any Reason Cancellation Enhancement feature, youll receive 75% of the cancellation fee amount in the form of future cruise credits under our Standard plan and 100% under the Platinum plan. Example of the RF fee for our 2025 cruise in a RS - Edited 20 hours ago by Jim_Iain Q: What if I want to cancel my PVP coverage? Cruise Hive was established back in 2008 and among the earliest blogs in the industry. Princess Vacation Protection Platinum To obtain your state-specific Certificate of Insurance providing the terms, conditions and exclusions of the certificate, visit PVP Platinum. The Government has been getting a lot of flak about us being able to travel overseas to do a cruise but not in our own backyard. Now to deal with the refundable part back to my Princess Gift Cards. Princess is always telling us to book early for the best prices. Guess we will have to rethink this b2b. Share your form with others. Once that FCC appears, I will share the amount and the expiration date. We booked Majestic April 2 and cabins were scarce on that booking. Q: What happens if I test positive for COVID-19 and need to cancel the day before my cruise? If I'm out the insurance and deposit no sweat. Check "Finding Future Cruise Credits and Deposits" below for details. These cover the transatlantic voyage from the U.S. to Denmark, Baltic sailings, and return transatlantic voyage from Europe. Just like her sister ship, there will also be a 10% discount for a future voyage sailing through December 31, 2023. If yours is one of them, youll see this in the Circle Savings section of your My Princess account. Maybe it will reappear in 2024 but we were not given a choice. We got a credit which has to be used by the end of the year. Excursions involving hotel accommodations, flights and private vehicles must be made at least 30 days prior to sailing. "Cancel for any reason" coverage allows policyholders to file claims to recoup additional costs if the cruise line, airline or hotel is unable to refund the full booking amount. View Special conditions for cancellation due to COVID-19 Munich, 10.10.2022 Special conditions for cancellation due to COVID-19 Dear guests and partners, CRUISE CANCELLED BY GUEST We know you were looking forward to sailing with us, and we apologize and share in your disappointment over these cancellations. Princess Cruises is an American cruise line owned by Carnival Corporation & plc. So you have read that some people other than me have gotten an FCC with a deadline in 2023? Not everyone would agree, and that's fine, we all have different concerns. As of today, which is only about 2 weeks after canceling, I do not see that Princess FCC on my record. I am one of those leaving here to cruise. That's what I'm picturing: Majestic and Royal biding their time on the West Coast We are on the Ruby Panama canal as well as the next cruise to Hawaii. You must book and cruise by that date. I like to be prepared.. If you are delayed starting your trip or returning home, you may be reimbursed for expenses that were not arranged through Princess including meals, hotel, and transportation. The drink package included with Princess Plus covers beverages up to $15, while Princess Premier covers those up to $20. In the event an FCC being returned to My Princess Account is expired, if the FCC is a Refundable FCC (in which case it will be labeled with a cash value), Princess will refund its remaining cash value to the associated Captain Circle Number (CCN). For UK Guests: Please note any FCCs issued for the cancellation of a cruise booking by Princess Cruises after 1 July 2021 are not covered by ABTA's scheme of financial protection, although any booking made using the FCC will be protected up to the amount of the refund due on the original booking. CC Help Jenn I was told by my TA that it could take a few weeks for the new FCC to be reinstated, aswell as the FCC we already had from 2020 that we had used towards this cruise. In between time I bought Princess' Vacation Protection insurance; bought it early to start the "60 day pre-existing" clause. While they can be used to pay for Flexible air add-ons, FCCs cannot be used within our EZAir (not available in UK) or Plane Sailing (UK only) payment tools and therefore cannot cover the cost of restricted air even if booked in advance. I have flights to Vancouver - return from Hawaii. Any 2021 Cruise departing on or before November 1st 2021 from/to a US port has been put on a stop sell per CDC guidance. Actually I do see by doing a cruise search that the Diamond has a restart date of March 24, 2023 from Japan. . Passengers canceling with the relevant windows will receive refunds as noted, less any cancellation fees, which will not be refunded as onboard credit or otherwise. How does that work?A: PVP is refundable until final payment is due. In the FAQ about CwC they say to call Cost Center if you have a cruise in mind before FCC appears. Will be very interesting to see where all of this lands! I know it takes time to get ships ready again but I would have thought 2023 was safe. Here's why I don't regret blowing the budget, 10 tips for getting the best cruise shore excursion values, What happens if you miss your cruise ship. It was rescheduled for April 2022 and then rescheduled to April 2023. Powered by Invision Community. What happens to my FCC if the voyage I used it on is cancelled by Princess?The Future Cruise Credit will go back onto your profile and you can re-use it before the expiration date. The Carnival-owned cruise line is informing guests of cancellations that impact two ships. Princess Cruises Extends Book with Confidence Policy Offering More Flexibility for 2022 Summer Vacations Book with Confidence is now extended to summer 2022 sailings, including all. Will see what our PVP will do about our Vista suite. Im not even hopeful of that. If you are booked on a Queen Mary 2 or Queen Victoria voyage sailing before January 3 or after February 23, 2023 and wish to cancel, our standard cancelation policy applies and Cunard shall be entitled to levy a cancelation charge as a percentage of the fare paid in . Princess Cruises has extended its Book with Confidence policy to summer 2022 sailings, including all cruises departing through September 30, 2022, for all bookings made by March 2, 2022. Princess wants to make sure the guest experience onboard remains exceptional and by canceling the voyages, it allows more time to increase the crew levels. If you booked Restricted Air, the airline will decide whether it will issue you a flight credit. Its designed to assist booked guests if, as a result of being suspected of having or testing positive for COVID-19, or as a result of government travel restrictions put in place within 30 days of embarkation, they may be unable to travel to the cruise embarkation port, may be denied boarding, may be quarantined on board or disembarked early. Prepaid excursions canceled onboard before the cutoff date will be refunded as onboard credit to the main person on the booking, regardless of who actually paid for the excursion. The cancellations for the two vessels come during a busy time for Princess Cruises, which is still gradually bringing its fleet fully back to service. I was told by my TA that that amount would be issued within a few months as a Princess FCC to be used by the end of 2023. View Details & List of Affected Cruises (PDF), View Details & List of Affected Cruise (PDF), Weve updated our policies to give guests flexibility while booking cruises during this unusual time. Hmmm, No paperwork yet but if its cruise with confidencethe insurance was not used. Thats why we offer Princess Vacation Protection (PVP), which provides a cancellation fee waiver1 plus travel insurance benefits2 and 24-hour worldwide CareFree Travel Assistance3. or even Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses (TF&PE). Since then, she has written thousands of expert cruise tip features; ship, port and shore excursion reviews; and industry news articles. If I have used my Princess Cruises Gift Card to pay for my cruise and opted for a refund, how can I receive it? Any other pre-packages not purchased with the cruise fare will automatically be refunded. Amount of onboard credit varies by cruise length to which the deposit is applied. No matter what option guests choose, the cruise line is also extending a special offer to receive 10% off any cruise up to 15 days long. For cruises 5 days or less, the final payment date is 76 days prior to sailing and for cruises 6 days or more, the final payment date is 91 days prior to sailing. FCCs may be applied as a form of payment towards your balance due and therefore, in accordance with our passenger contract, FCCs are subject to cancellation fees. You receive your refund as a future cruise credit or you. Thanks for the info about calling the Cost Center if rebooking before the FCC has been refunded. All Rights Reserved. This plan provides insurance coverage that applies only during the covered trip. Note: Effective with new bookings made on or after January 1, 2022. 2Available in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia & New Zealand. . The countries' entry requirements are separate from our cruise protocols. Your baggage is also covered in the event it is damaged, lost, stolen, or delayed to your destination. In the event an FCD had reached its expiration date since being applied,please contact our Customer Relations team to have the OBC reinstated. Decide where to go, when, how long, everythingthe choice is yours! Theme by 17th Avenue, Last Updated on October 17, 2022 by Sherry Laskin, What I Always Pack for an Amtrak Overnight Train Trip Best Advice, How to Go to Amtrak Los Angeles Union Station From San Pedro Cruise Port, Amtrak USA Rail Pass on Sale for Limited Time, Complete updated guide to cruise ship gratuities, Best things to do in Honolulu on a day in port, Princess Cruises to Alaska with Seven Ships, 158 Departures in 2024, Princess Cruises Reveals New Ship and New Class, Princess Cruises Announces New Fleet Deployments for 2022 and Beyond, What to Do In Costa Maya Mexico Instead of an Expensive Shore Excursion, What to Pack for an Alaska Cruise Plus Packing List, Best Things to Do in Cozumel on a Cruise Day in Port, Norwegian Cruise Line Drink Packages Guide, Cancel up to 72 hours before sailing to receive Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for 100% of cancellation fees, Cancel by March 31 and receive Future Cruise Credit for 100% of cancellation fees, Final Payment moves to 60 days prior to sailing, $100 USD / $150 AUD per stateroomfor 3 and 4 day cruises, $150 USD / $225 AUDper stateroom for 5 day cruises, $200 USD / $300 AUD perstateroom for 6 day and longer cruises. Every cruise line calls it something different! When it comes to Royal Princess, the cancellations impact multiple sailings. You can apply it toward your next cruise fare or contribute to a travel companions fare on your booking. 24/7 Worldwide Travel Assistance Services3(Non-insurance services provided by LiveTravel). Thanks for your update - we just made the decision to cancel Majestic Feb 19. Updated October 20, 2022 We want to make your vacation the best it can be. We're offering you booking flexibility, options to protect your trip and an idea of what your cruise experience will be like. Princess Cruises may at times release special promotional fares that attract differing terms and conditions from those outlined within and reflected in the Princess Cruises brochures and website.