The police were suspicious of Rebecca, who they said was laughing and joking as detectives and forensic experts were scouring the home for evidence. Gary Gordon Fenton was born to Joseph. I had a lifestyle that was very grand. "I loved Larry and Larry would have done me a lot more good alive, financially, than dead," Rebecca tells Crime Watch Daily. "How can you get somebody on premeditation when you can't put them at that crime scene, or on that weapon?" I thought that would just either make things worse for the scene," said Rebecca in the interrogation. This is a case that flew under the radar for years until it was featured on the show Killer Women. Authorities began to question Rebeccas story from the moment she voluntarily arrived at the police station to answer questions about what shed seen. I had to learn how to be married. Piers Morgan's new Killer Women series starts on Thursday with a profile of Rebecca Fenton, who was found guilty of murdering her husband Larry in 2015 six YEARS after it happened in Clearwater, Florida. Her mother was already an alcoholic. "We did fall in love very quickly and started talking marriage very, very early on," Rebecca Fenton tells Crime Watch Daily. He was watching Tiger Woods (on TV) and then was going to take a nap and watch the Super Bowl later that evening. There were things that were knocked over, say, off bookshelves. April 26, 2021. If you took away one single piece of evidence, does the case fall apart? We had no cause for divorce or even spoke of it," she says. Calling BS on the gun under the car seat evidence. Hasty. Hasty says Nolan's allegation could be corroborated by other witnesses. Kerri Spaulding. "All smiles while she was still on the scene of her husband's murder," said Det. Early Observations on the Use of Riociguat in a Large, Metropolitan Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension/Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension Treatment Center . It immediately appeared to police that Larry had been killed in the course of a robbery. Larry, 57, was found lying a pool of blood after being shot multiple times in the suburban home he shared with his wife. It relied on everything that together was just overwhelmingly convincing of her guilt," said Det. He found Nolens nephew, Douglas Ferdinando, and Ferdinandos girlfriend, Nicole Jacobs. Michael Hasty. Warner Bros. Entertainment | I did not commit this crime. Rebecca Swigert-Fenton, Central High School's girls basketball and track and field coach, poses for a portrait in the school's gym, coined The Crater, last week. Circuit Judge Joseph Bulone immediately sentenced her to life in prison without the possibility of parole. A younger man named David, a prep chef at a Clearwater restaurant. "I absolutely know that Rebecca is the shooter and believe it based on the totality of the entire investigation, without a doubt," said Det. It looked like somebody just took their hand and just knocked the books of the shelf onto the floor. "It was a crush.". But it still piqued the curiosity of investigators. There was no involvement between us. But Tizzard reserves his greatest criticism of the case for that testimony of career criminal Alfred Nolan, the boyfriend who claimed Rebecca threatened to kill him "Just like she killed Larry. "With five spent casings in it. The last thing that my husband said to me was I love you. This man is my life," Rebecca tells the dispatcher on the 911 call. Detective Hasty also suspected the ransacking of Rebecca and Larry's home had been staged, as although drawers were flung open and things knocked over, no belongings were missing. As per her birth date, she belongs to the Taurus zodiac sign. She is currently behind bars at the Lowell Correctional Institution in Florida, which is where she met Piers for their Killer Women interview. Rebecca says she couldn't believe it was happening. Rebecca was a longtime line operator at Maybelline, Inc. Larry proposed three months into their relationship. "We did fall in love very quickly and started talking marriage very, very early on," Rebecca Fenton tells Crime Watch Daily. As per the research, it's been stated that she is not active on Instagram too. Rebecca Fenton-Ree studies Languages and Linguistics, Sign Language, and Deaf studies. She is currently in a Florida women's prison. rebecca fenton early life. Mouled is the celebration of the birth of Mohammed, Islam's prophet. "That was very, very strange," said Sgt. And when we sit down, we ask her the big question. On screen Piers stays on the fence but he tells the Mirror he has now concluded she is probably lying, although he admits he is uncertain of her guilt. Something went wrong, please try again later. To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site. And they believe she's trying too hard to convince the dispatcher she'd never kill her husband. "That didn't really weigh as far as her guilt or innocence in this case. Blissful. Two neighbours across the road described the noise as gunfire. "I think David realized he's not going anywhere, and he'd had enough, so he cut it off, and I really think that was her motivation and that turned her into a tailspin.". The home where Rebecca and Larry once lived was there until a couple of years after the murder, when it mysteriously burned to the ground -- putting the heat right back on Rebecca. Of course, Rebeccas murder news is given on Wikipedia. Spaulding. Nevertheless, the proofs found had directly hinted towards her. She also claimed the house had been ransacked. "And that was a little bit of a stumbling point, because Larry never confided in anyone that there were issues between him and Rebecca," said Spaulding. Officers discovered her secret male companion and while she denied any affair to me, her mother Karen confirmed a romance. SMITHSONIAN INSTITUTION. The TV news cameras that soon arrived at the crime scene captured the anguish of a grieving widow. "She is not the important one in this situation, yet she's talking about herself," said Det. And as detectives continued to look for evidence, including the murder weapon and Larry's missing Jeep, they also delve into the private lives of the married couple. "It is intimidating: it is designed to be., News Group Newspapers Limited in England No. However she continues to maintain that she is innocent. Rebecca Fenton, 49, was found guilty of the first degree murder of her husband Larry, 57, who was discovered dead in a pool of blood at their home in Clearwater, Florida in February 2008. Detective Michael Hasty doesn't deny Nolan had a credibility problem. Detectives questioned the authenticity of her grief, why shed run out of the house after finding Larry if she thought there was a chance he was alive, and why she went upstairs in the home if she worried an intruder had ransacked the place and shot her husband. Sobbing down the phone, she described Larry as her life and pleaded for help, believing that her husband could still be alive. But detectives uncovered a shocking secret as they looked into Rebecca's past, learning that for seven years she'd been a high-priced call girl, once arrested on prostitution charges. Rebecca does concede however that David was a close friend she found attractive. Suddenly the one-time nurse's aide was enjoying all the luxurious trappings of being a spoiled "real housewife" of Clearwater. Rebecca was taken with Larrys demeanour and Clint Eastwood-esque good looks, and things between them became very serious very quickly. Four of the world's top body language and behavior experts. I checked on him to see if he needed anything and he said we would order a pizza later that evening and I went back out to the gym. Policebelieve Fenton grew bored of her perfect life and killed Larry to start a new life with a penniless biker-type guy police believe she was seeing on the side. But police dispute that. Six years after Larrys death, she was arrested and charged with first-degree murder after a detective noticed the pool of blood Larry was laying in had been undisturbed. "If I had known that I was supposed to be with him, hold him, or do CPR, then I would have -- I think that, I'm trying to think of what I was thinking," Rebecca tells detectives in a recorded interrogation. Rebecca Fenton Net Worth, Age, Height, Weight, Early Life, Career, Dating, Bio, Facts Rebecca Fenton is a person who has been found out as a suspect for murdering her husband. The immediate facts of the case were never in dispute. Subject (person only) 2 Credits. Until it unexpectedly gets red hot again at the very scene of the crime. But if Larry died, Rebecca was in line for $1million. "And then I looked into the great room and could see that our house was in disarray. In 2015 she also started her wedding 01:21:38 CLIP I didn't know how to share. Kerri Spaulding. View the profiles of people named Rebecca Fenton. "As a result of that I became concerned and I wrote to Rebecca Fenton," said Tizzard. Join our email list for the latest news from the Smithsonian Center for Folklife . 0 Add Rating Anonymously. UT liaison for Vision & Hearing Screening Services for the State of . Rebecca Fenton Friesen; James Colgate; View +1. Looking at crime scene photos, he saw that the blood around Larry's body was undisturbed despite Rebecca claiming she'd checked Larry for a pulse so should have disturbed the pool. "The house was torched," said Clearwater Police Det. 10.1007/s40119-015-0046-y. They found fingerprints and footprints that were never matched to anybody. I thought my husband was still alive because his eyes were open, and I told him to hold on. Fenton says: There was no way to explain some of this and it did look peculiar to say the very least. Investigators matched the bullets that killed Larry to those fired from this gun. And this cannot be happening," Rebecca says. It took the police five years to nail her because there was no forensic evidence and she is a very good liar," he says. Rebecca Denise Fenton, 45, of Jacksonville, Arkansas passed away on Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 9:55 p.m. at Baptist Hospital in North Little Rock. "She doesn't render aid, and then what she decides the best thing to do at that point is to run around the house, and what she said, the quote was, 'To see what the hell had happened,'" said Det. And what they found in the vehicle -- or rather, don't find -- confirms their suspicions that Larry wasn't killed in any home-invasion robbery. Professionally, he used to serve as a well-established architect but later switch to being a pharmaceutical rep. Rebecca and Larry met at a gym. Rebecca would eventually get most of the insurance money, but she scoffs at the suggestion she killed her husband for it. "There are two cars in the driveway, hers and his, they're going to successfully ransack the entire place," said Clearwater Police Det. Hasty. To what end? "No I didn't. On Super Bowl Sunday, February 2008, in Clearwater Florida, Fentons husband Larry was gunned down at point blank range. Larry Fenton was murdered in his home in Tampa Bay, Florida in . Fenton had made the frantic 999 call telling cops that when she was . For further details of our complaints policy and to make a complaint please click this link: thesun.co.uk/editorial-complaints/, Piers Morgan with the convicted killer Rebecca Fenton at the Lowell Correctional Institution in Florida, USA, Fenton denies killing her husband in the interview with Piers, who later called her the 'best liar I've seen', The second series also features Amber Wright, who conspired to murder her ex-boyfriend with a group of friends at the age of just 15, Who is Rebecca Fenton? An autopsy found Larry had been shot in the back, arm and neck. So, neither of her birthday celebrations or events are yet captured to date. She was born on April 27, 1967. In 2015, she was convicted and sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole. "There's a dead man inside.". Arson investigators found evidence of fire accelerants. REBECCA CUBR OBITUARY. Rebecca says Nolan is a career criminal trying to buy himself a break on a charge that was about to send him back to prison for 10 to 15 years. These interviews are difficult. She met husband Larry, a pharmaceutical rep, in a gym and married him a year after they started dating. March 21, 2019 Rebecca Fenton has been in 'the biz' of fashion design with her own label, Haunted Head Fashion, for more than 20 years. But Rebecca says that doesn't make her a murderer. A box of bullets discovered in the couple's bedroom had five missing. "Because the evidence, the lack of evidence, the lack of physical evidence," said Rebecca. I am not spiritually capable of hurting anybody, I am not a murderer, I did not do this.. Detectives believe if she had done that, the blood would have been disturbed. In an interview with police, Rebecca stated that she checked her husbands pulse twice. Drawers had been pulled out and cabinets doors were left open throughout the home, their contents strewn over the floors of the bedrooms and living areas. "She said she had seen crime scene investigation-type shows on TV and she knows from those shows that it's best not to touch anything. . Yes," said Spaulding. Fenton admits the gun evidence was "peculiar, and there's no way to explain some of this" but pointed to the fact no "gun residue" was found on her. "I cooperated with every test: gunshot residue, hair, fibers, clothing, everything the night that Larry was killed," said Rebecca. Rebekah Fenton, 37 William Fenton, 47 Alyssa Fenton, 23 Jedidiah Fenton, 39 has lived in Saint Marys, PA Manns Choice, PA Fairborn, OH phone number (814) 365-9088 (814) 834-6554 view more Email address kwiks***@alltel.net view more Rebecca N Fenton Age 41 / Aug 1981 View Profile 2010 Prosser Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90025 also known as Rebecca Fenton Rebecca claimed that she did not kill her husband, and there was no physical evidence that suggested she committed the crime. rebecca fenton early life. As always you can unsubscribe at any time. She manages to paint a picture of 'why would I do this? The breakthrough in the case came when cold case detective Mike Hasty was assigned to look over the evidence and began to piece together what he believed to be anomalies in Rebecca's story. I tried to take his pulse at first," said Rebecca. She was convicted on November 13, 2015, almost a full 8 years after the savage murder. Hasty. I think you can tell on GMB when someone is being shifty.. "It was the money. Previously skilled in Event Marketing, Product Sales, Development Training, Strategic Operations and Employee Recruitment and Administration.<br><br>I am always looking at building my portfolio to . "She wants the police to come because she wants this person removed," said Hasty. It's very difficult to review this case, as there, The FBi has been murdering people for years since their, Clearly its hard for some people to understand that although, What is taking so long? Five shots were fired inside the house," said Det. By her own admission, she was very spoiled and very pampered by a generous and devoted husband. "I looked into his eyes, and I kept saying his name. She shot him," said Det. ", * Piers Morgan's Killer Women airs Thursday, June 22 at 9pm on ITV1, Get the biggest TV headlines, recaps and insider knowledge straight to your inbox. Piers Morgan's Killer Women will show the journalist unravelling Rebecca's case, listening to evidence from the detectives who put her away, and to what Rebecca herself says in her defence. "Inside the bag was also jewelry that Larry always wore, there was a key to the gun case, and also keys to the Cherokee that had been missing," said Sgt. "And then we started finding out about someone that she was romantically interested in," said Sgt. Spaulding. "If Larry tragically died, or accidentally died, or if something else happened to him, then she got almost half a million dollars," said Sgt. "And by the time he hit the floor, the blood evidence shows that he never moved again," said Clearwater Police Detective Michael Hasty. We found 61 entries for Rebecca Fenton in the United States. I think my husband might be dead. "I had too much time on my hands. As per the research, its been stated that she is not active on Instagram too. It just made us look more into her background," said Sgt. Filter by State in . Rebecca Fenton was already under suspicion of murdering Larry Fenton when detectives interviewed her at the Clearwater Police station just hours later. Registered Nurse for 30 years. I had the life," said Rebecca Fenton. Rebecca was eventually adopted. Clearwater Police Detective Michael Hasty said the robbery appeared to be staged. Larry was home, she says about the day of his death. Investigators said it initially appeared that Larry was killed in a home-invasion robbery, but upon closer examination, detectives ascertained that aside from his vehicle, nothing of value had been stolennot even the cash that was found in his wallet. Early life. This incident didn't happen and I sit here today because of what he said and it is a lie.. . "Like I was in shock, didn't even really know what I was doing," said Rebecca. Rebecca is very bright and very well read and has plenty of time to think about this and covered every angle. They were not able to prove we were unhappy. But was that enough for her to shoot Larry four times? "We're very private. But upon closer examination, detectives noticed that apart from his vehicle, nothing of any real value had been stolen -- not even Larry's wallet stuffed with cash. "If I was to identify the single biggest mistake that she made, it was this one: The gun is found in her car," said Hasty. But in a captivating interview from Lowell Correctional Institution Florida, a weary looking Fenton seems to have an answer for every question thrown at her, despite calling 911, and the gun used for the killing being found in her car on the driveway having being taken from a drawer upstairs in the house. Becca was born in Boston in 1952 but her family moved to Pittsburgh, PA when she was a small chi Detectives discovered the gun was owned by Larry and Rebecca, who said it was kept in the couple's bedroom. The murder of Larry Fenton by his wife, Rebecca Ayn Fenton, is detailed in the latest episode of American Monster on Investigation Discovery. I had no idea what had happened but I frantically tried to take his pulse and then ran outside to call 911. Yes the evidence is circumstantial but there is so much of it that it can only be her.. This service is provided on News Group Newspapers' Limited's Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy. She creates custom, one of a kind or limited edition designs. Found the resolution to each, I know who really killed Chanin, her husband did not, I have so many questions about this story. "She knows he's dead. No lawyer fighting for a insurance pay day! Fenton had made the frantic 999 call telling cops that when she was exercising at the back of property, she returned to find her husband dead and the house burgled. Michael Hasty. Piers, who spent 90 minutes with Fenton, was impressed by her but ultimately was convinced by Mike Hasty, the cold case detective who re-examined evidence.