O Eternal God, bless all schools, colleges, and universities [and especially __________], that they may be lively centers for sound learning . Give him the wisdom, the courage and the strength to be an effective and compassionate leader. All we have, including buildings and ability, belongs to God. I ask that you be with us here today as the responsibility for the fine Soldiers of _____ Troop goes to 1SG __________. Finally Lord, I pray that you would bless this time today with your presence and that you would be honored as we honor those who retire today. Guide my life and help me to do Your Will. (Debbie McDaniel). I have sought to properly give credit for all prayers posted here. He [hems us] inbehind and before (Psalm 139:5). Heres a PDF file of Book of Prayers: Book of Prayers, The Air Force Chaplain Corps Book of Prayers has been updated (probably several times) and is provided as a quick reference of secular and nonsecular prayers. Go with us now, keeping us ever-aware of your presence and your love for us. For You assure us that where two or more gather in Your name You are here. Keep the prayer focused on God and his attributes. In Jesus' Name, Amen." Its easy to convince ourselves that right is wrong and wrong is right. I thank you, Lord, for these Soldiers here today who are preparing to deploy. Bless all who have gathered here today. Its the life yielded to the Holy Spirit, similar to a powerful stallion who is willingly led by his trainer. Your Word is alive and active. We ask that the Holy Spirit please open our eyes so we may see anything that is hindering our relationship with you. We plead for your help and grace to lead us to victory in future conflict and for the same honor to our colors as we pray for guidance through the word of your grace. Shift our perspective to seek Your peace above all else. For this important moment in an ever growing relationship, we thank you. Here is a prayer to receive Jesus Christ into your heart and life. We pray that your spirit would fill this place and that our hearts and minds would be focused on you. Serve Me, and Ill flood you and your programs and events with the full power of the Trinity (Mat. God is omnipresent, which means He is with us always. Who art a shield and buckler to all who put their trust in thee, bless us, thy servants, and the Army in which we serve. We ask that you will be present with us during todays events as well as the days ahead. Bring to us, we humbly ask you, the time when parents dont have to grieve the loss of their children killed in war; hasten the day when spouses dont have to say goodbye to their loved ones because they serve their country; provide for us, dear Father, a world whose children do not have to grow up without a father or a mother because of the evil that envelopes us. May the Lord make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you. In the name and spirit of the holy child, Jesus our Lord, we pray. based on the life of Sarah from the Old Testament, and maintains a devotional blog found atJenniferSlatteryLivesOutLoud.comand on her Crosswalk-hosted blog foundHERE. As much as you comfort us who have gathered here today, we pray that in an even greater measure you will comfort the families and loved ones of those who have fallen. Prayer for School Meeting Dear Lord Thank you for sustaining our lives today We pray for our academic lives Let whatever we discuss here be beneficial to our school life Let every decision we make be one that will improve our learning and not derail it Be our guidance and our protection Be our shelter from problems we face in school I believe You sent Your Son, Jesus Christ, to died for my sins and He rose from the dead. Thank you for their commitment to our Soldiers and to our country. Sign up for her free quarterly newsletterHEREto stay up to date with her future appearances, projects, and releases. May you be with us all, helping us each day to walk more closely with you. Such men that embody Tous pour unun pour tous All for one and one for all. We give you thanks today for your providence for these great scouts. We come before You with hearts full of love and gratitude, seeking Your presence and power in our lives. These blessings we ask in thy name and for they glory. Thank you for each Soldier here, both cadre and trainees. Thanks you very much Sirs for this collection of prayers. In the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. His prayers, many of which are recorded in the book of Psalms, often followed a particular, faith-building pattern. Amen. Help these men, and all of us, to be more committed to the cause of freedom both here in the United States and around the world. Downey, Chaplain to the Enola GayCrew, Chaplain William Emerson-1st U.S. BattlefieldMinistry, Chaplain Henry Gerecke-Nuremberg Chaplain, Chaplain Philip Matthew Hannan the JumpingPadre, Chaplain Stephen Meany of the Fighting69th, The Four Chaplains of the U.S.A.T. Thank you for the impact these retirees have undoubtedly had on countless other Service Members as they have modeled, mentored and trained character, competence and commitment both in and out of uniform. The Bible said that our strength lies in God, and so we must have faith that He would keep us from evil. Reveal things, people, or attitudes of our hearts that no longer nurture or nourish our walk with you. Dear God, Thank you for your amazing power and work in our lives, thank you for your goodness and for your blessings over us. Good and upright is the Lord, David prayed, therefore He instructs sinners in His ways (Psalm 25:8, NLT). Bless them in these days, encourage them, strengthen them, and help us all to appreciate the special contributions that are theirs. We thank you for the opportunity to come before you this morning. Does Elevation Church Believe in Speaking in Tongues? According to Got Questions, Reverence is honor and respect that is deeply felt and outwardly demonstrated. It begins with a properly aligned heart and results in outward expression and praise. Forgive us for any selfishness or prideful ambition during this time together; open our eyes so that we can see others clearly for who they really areYour children whom You love dearlyand help them see themselves as well. All the ways of the Lord are loving and faithful (v.10). Go with us now, Lord we pray, as we reluctantly return to the world out there. Lord in your mercy, Hear our prayer. We thank You for Your many blessings in our lives. Finally, Lord, we ask that you will be with us here tonight. We also thank you for this opportunity that we have to induct into the SGT Audie Murphy Club those who have demonstrated excellence. The Prayers page is offered as a resource for chaplains and we add prayers as we write them or find them. Calm our anxious spirits. Hi Natasha, thanks for visiting The Chaplain Kit! Bless also the new commander, CPT ______________, that as he executes his new responsibilities he will do so with wisdom, courage and strength. We thank you for your presence and love which helps us to endure through difficult times. "Lord, into your most holy presence we now come. Consubstantial with the Father. 0000010407 00000 n Amen ***** Funeral Prayer for a Family. endstream endobj 25 0 obj<> endobj 26 0 obj<> endobj 27 0 obj<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text]/ExtGState<>>> endobj 28 0 obj<> endobj 29 0 obj<> endobj 30 0 obj<> endobj 31 0 obj<> endobj 32 0 obj<> endobj 33 0 obj<>stream And Also for those who will come in the futurethose who are now training to be the Armys finest. We ask for your inspiration and insights. Let the light of thy countenance, O God, shine upon our comrades departed, that they may go on from strength to strength in thy Heavenly Kingdom. We thank you because it gives us another opportunity to celebrate the freedoms that are ours as Americans and the strength of our country that we contribute to as American Soldiers. An invocation prayer typically includes several key components, including an opening statement, a petition or request, and a closing statement or benediction. Lead us and guide us by thy Good Spirit, strengthen and defend us by thy might, that we may be to our land a sure defense against every enemy. 5:5). Almighty God Who maketh the clouds Thy chariot and Who walketh upon the wings of the wind, regard, we pray Thee, with Thy love and continuing mercy all our brothers whose duty or pleasure it is to fly, that encompassed by assurance of Thy protecting care we may serve our country and our fellow-men with gladness; and without fear or regret. The website is not specifically Christian but rather is dedicated to the history of military chaplaincy. We ask that you be with us today as we celebrate their accomplishment and help us to remember that it is because of you that we have life and can accomplish anything. We again come to you and thank you for your goodness to us and for the good time and wise words of the evening. Here are some great invocation prayers to help start the meeting off right. Thank you for this opportunity to come together and work together. We thank you for your comfort and blessings in our lives and for the knowledge that you see our needs, hear our prayers an desire to bless us as your people. May we learn our lesson well. In short, we treat our all-powerful, sovereign Creator as if He were a Genie at our disposal who exists for our pleasure. If were not careful, these idolatrous tendencies can slither their way into our prayers so that, instead of drawing us closer, in submission, to Christ, we try to manipulate or cajole His will to ours. That will bring Him glory worth all His children together! I am not a chaplain but have the honor of giving the invocation and benediction for a JAG dining-out. For a Thankful Heart. How great is his joy in the victories You give (Psalm 20:1). Forgive us for not honoring you with our whole heart. Another important aspect of an invocation prayer is the use of scriptural references or quotes. We give you glory, honor, and thanks, in Jesus name. Your sovereign will established this great country and your strong hand has steadied us during times of difficulty. Heavenly Father, we confess that it is our custom to accept Thy gifts and direct little thought to the giver. I publish these prayers here to help you. Have We Turned Our Favorite Preachers and Teachers into Idols? Keep each of them safe, both in and out of harms way and remind themand usas we wear this uniform, that we defend and represent the freedom that has been won for us by past generations of men and women in uniform. Thou shalt have it! Hear our prayer for our military and veterans and bless them today. Amen. May the souls of the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace. 0000000953 00000 n We ask all this in your powerful, loving and matchless name, amen. 0000007879 00000 n Sometimes, however, we face situations where we need to get the creative juices flowing or weve been asked to pray at an event that weve never prayed at before so seeing what others have used can be helpful. Keep us ever-mindful of your love for us which enables us to live each day in the bounty of your blessings. And remembering our history, may we not be doomed to repeat it. Thank you, Father, for having created us and given us to each other in the human family. May your presence make a difference in our lives. Use scriptural references or quotes to support the petitions or requests. I pray that they will be extremely blessed for their effort and excellence and that they will be an inspiration to everyone gathered herethat each one of us will aspire to do better in our appointed tasks. And we pray tonight, just as Jesus taught us to do, for our enemies. This can include a reference to a specific attribute of God, such as his mercy or grace. Provide for them all that they need to lead and serve with faithfulness, courage and integrity, as they continue the great work of their predecessors. This sample closing prayer for worship service is meant to be used as a benediction over your congregation. We thank you for your good work among us and for your grace that you have given to us. Thank you for your incredible sacrifice so that we might have freedom and life. Thank you for this time that weve had together: The honors, the entertainment, the laughs, and the good food. Dorchester, Chaplain, I Will Die Like a True and LoyalSoldier, A Day in the Life of a ConfederateChaplain, Silent Night: The Story of the World War I Christmas Truce of1914, Aleutian Islands, Alaska: Weathering the ExtremeCold, Army Chaplains During the Attack on PearlHarbor, I Walked to the Gallows With the NaziChiefs, Navy Chaplain Joseph OCallahan on the USSFranklin, U.S. Prayers for Meetings Almighty God, You are our Creator and our Sustainer. Be with us today as we celebrate their graduation and entry into the ranks of those who have served honorably. Thank you for all that they have done to see their battalions, and the brigade as a whole, experience mission success both at home and abroad. 24 22 0000003781 00000 n 0000001212 00000 n May each person be nourished and refreshed emotionally, physically and spiritually. For my 2019 Advent reading I added several books that focused on worship litanies and prayers. We thank Thee for invading history that we might for all time understand the intensity of Thy love for us. In the Name of our God who challenges us to care. How To Become A Deacon In The Catholic Church. You are the God who never fails to keep his promises. Why you might ask? I believe that God hears our prayers whether theyre fresh from our heart and mind, or planned out beforehand. I will be using a few of them as a guideline for my first cadet military ball prayer! We know that You have a good plan for each of them, and we pray that You make clear to them those good plans You have for them. And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God. We pray for this ceremony today, that your presence will be with us. We pray that your presence would be felt in this place and that we would be transformed by your love. We acknowledge your holiness and sovereignty and ask for your guidance, protection, and blessings as we begin this service. Forgive us for when we don't thank you enough, for who you are, for all that you do, for all that you've given. We thank you for watching over us and sustaining us as a nation. Thank you for this time we have had together honoring those who have done so well over the past several weeks. Invocation prayers focus on worshipping God and seeking His presence in the gathering. Let your presence be a blessing to us today and forevermore. We love you and we need you, this day and every day. That you would open the right doors for our lives and for our loved ones, that you would close the wrong doors and protect us from those we need to walk away from. Thank you, also, for these soldiers here today who have volunteered to serve their country during this very important time in our history. We ask that You would bless our time together and use us for Your glory. Again, Father, bless us with your presence this morning as we seek to honor you in all we do. We ask now that your hand be ever on these soldiers who graduate today, both in and out of harms way. Dear God in Heaven, We come to you today with grateful hearts for your presence with us and your goodness to us. Lord God, Thank you for your hope and grace. O Eternal God, Who art a shield and buckler to all who put their trust in thee, bless us, thy servants, and the Army in which we serve. For your presence here and now and for your presence at all times, we thank you. Lead us in joy and celebration of the only reality worth knowing, that you love us as we are. Opening prayer for a high school graduation. We deny the truth that God is the Great I AM. God is and will continue to be whatever we need to navigate in this life. (Psalm 42:1-2, CEV), What you say to one another is eternal. We are grateful to you for your help each day not only for those of us who deployed but for those who remained here in Germany protecting our backs and caring for our homes. Neither is this website affiliated with the Chaplain Corps or Chaplain Schools of any of the aforementioned branches of the United States military. We humbly ask all these things in your holy presence, Amen. Remove the distractions that would keep us from you here today. We seed your choice in our lives. She has a passion for helping women discover, embrace, and live out who they are in Christ. Thank you for your great love and care. Support us in the day of battle, and in the time of peace keep us safe from all evil: endow us with courage and loyalty, and grant that in all things we may serve thee and our country without reproach. The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace. Article Images Copyright . Thank you that they could be with us today. These tendencies birth self-reliance within, dull our spiritual sensitivity, and distance us from God and His power. We give You thanks for being with them every step of their journey in the Army and we Know You will continue to be with them in their future. Strengthen us as we make tough decisions. Thank you for this day that you have given to us and for this occasion that brings us together which reminds us of the strength of our military and the freedom it defends, as well as the role that the 501st plays in the defense of freedom here in Korea. Do not turn a deaf ear to me. It is essential to use inclusive language, such as we and us rather than I or me. This helps to create a sense of unity among the congregation, and encourages everyone to participate in the worship service. Glad to be able to help! You are our good Father, just and righteous. Our Eternal Father is and has all we need for this present life and the life to come (Rev. Amen. Visit her online to find out more about her speaking orto book her for your next womens event. We acknowledge your holiness and sovereignty and ask for your guidance, protection, and blessings as we begin this service. Make of us modern wise men who dare to serve Thee from the heat of Vietnam to the pavement of our cities. This can include requests for guidance, protection, and blessings for the congregation and the leaders of the service. Forgive us for taking that. Lord, teach me to offer you a heart of thanksgiving and praise in all my daily experiences of life. Lift our eyes to seek You first today, and always, surrendering our need to achieve, understand, and be known. In addition to the structure and content of the invocation prayer, it is also important to consider the delivery of the prayer. Why? Grant our supplication, we beseech thee, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Give to us your peace that we can know even in the midst of turmoil. As we pray in spirit and truth, we invite the Holy Spirit to enter those secret places in our heart and in our mindthe places where the transforming work of sanctification can begin. famous prayers the lord's prayer the serenity prayer the nicene creed prayer of st francis prayer of st richard may the lord bless you disturb us lord famous psalms psalm 23 psalm 27 psalm 34 psalm 42 psalm 46 psalm 91 psalm 121 psalm 139 daily prayers early morning prayer morning prayer daily prayer prayer before work noon prayer midday prayer The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace (Numbers 6:22). %%EOF 0000005170 00000 n Lastly, it is important to keep the invocation prayer concise and to the point. 0000001033 00000 n If a prayer is only adapted by me or is wholly somebody elses, Ill make note of the author if I remember who it was.1. Go with these soldiers to their next assignment, that they will go with pride and confidence, ready to face what lies before them, depending on you for their strength and comfort. Thank you for all that we celebrate today as we consider the contributions of Hispanic-American. Almighty and ever-living God, we come before you today to worship and honor you. Seekest thou the praise of angels? Amen. We approach God in a posture of submissionunpretentious and unassuming. With this i can rely on the content. I thank you, dear Lord, for each of the instructors represented here, who are so integral to the training of the force. These examples of opening prayers for meetings, church worship and bible studies serve as the perfect examples of the type of prayers you can use at your next event. I thank you for their many, many years of faithful and honorable service to our nation as they have been a part of our military which has brought freedom and peace to many people around the world, while preserving our own. Thank you for their accomplishments and their commitments. You are the one who hears all our prayers and grants our petitions. Bless them for their support of their loved ones and for our country. Break down the walls of separation that we have built to keep you from our hardened hearts.