Bought a bottle and finished the whole thing in a week. Add 1 cup Mr. Yoshidas sauce or 1 cup shoyu plus cup brown sugar, 1 cup water, and cup mirin to the pot, and bring the liquid to a boil. green onions, chopped. 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice Pour the cooled vinegar/water over the mixture. Remove from stove and let cool. Hawaiian chili pepper water is a combination condiment & hot sauce, basically a mixture of water and vinegar that has been infused with chili pepper flavor and heat. Remove the pork from the marinade, brushing off the excess salt and sugar. 1/2 cup water Keeps covered in the fridge for about a week. That's GREAT, Alan. Just use soy sauce and chili peppers. Yes you can. A happy cooker, eater, drinker, celebrator, wanderluster, writer and blogger, with flip-flopped feet firmly planted on a glorious hillside perch in the beautiful Okanagan, a soul that defines wanderlust - a strong desire to wander, or travel, and explore the world - and a spirit that is home-sweet-home and forever frolicking in the unbridled Aloha of the beguiling Big Island of Hawaii. 4 garlic cloves, minced Its like a sourdough starter culture. In a large, deep skillet, wok, or Dutch oven, heat the oil over high heat until shimmering-hot. Make the Sauce: Return the pan to the stove and heat the sesame oil. 1 tablespoon asian fish sauce 1/4 cup white vinegar All our thoughts and opinions are our own and we are not paid for or mandated to provide a positive review. Get yourself six warm bowls. So cool you grow your own Hawaiian chilies! shoyu sugar ginger, garlic, chili pepper water. They'll still give plenty of kick to the liquid. 1 teaspoon garlic powder On Moloka'i, chili pepper water is a common seasoning used for sprinkling on steak, pork, fish, laulau, even on eggs. Combine soy sauce, sugar, water, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes in a high-sided saute pan over medium heat and stir until sugar is dissolved. 2 tablespoons rice vinegar ( not seasoned) So whether you dip your crispy fried tempura shrimp, drizzle on fried rice, splash that soup or stew, kick-up those pork chops, dash your poke, or whooeee your omelet, Hawaiian Chile Pepper Water is here for you. Fish change frequently, please check back daily. I can't wait to see how much punch it packs after it ferments! Hi, Im Mike and I LOVE Spicy Food! Dippity Do! In a small bowl, mash together 5 garlic cloves, 2 Hawaiian chili peppers, and 1 teaspoon Hawaiian sea salt. If you don't have Hawaiian Chili Peppers in your area, you can substitute another type of hot pepper. Heat oil in a large heavy pot (at least 8 quarts) over medium-high heat Cook pork shoulder, turning, until brown all over, 10-12 minutes. 41 Comments. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Get instant updates about our new products and special promos! Store the fridge for 2-3 days before using. Help yourself! If you go to a sit-down Hawaiian restaurant like Helena's Hawaiian Food, the Chili Pepper Water will be a table condiment, usually next to the shoyu (soy sauce) . Aloha. 2 tablespoons hot water 2 garlic cloves, minced 3/4 cup water Transfer Dutch oven to the stove top and bring contents to a boil over high heat. Id love it if you share a link with a photo instead. Send me Hawaiian Chili seeds so I can grow it in my garden, Comments must be approved before appearing, Get 20% off with code: SPRING20 + Free Shipping on orders $100+, Easy Pineapple Mango Li Hing Mui Cupcake Recipe, ** total_quantity ** | ** unit_price ** / ** unit_measure **, buy a bottle of this delicious condiment made on Kauai with local grown peppers right here, As many Hawaiian Chili Peppers as you can handle (8-20). 1 garlic clove , minced Set it out again for days to allow fermentation. Place in a pan with the oil on a low heat and fry gently for 45 minutes, or until softened but not coloured, stirring regularly, then remove from the heat. In a clean glass jar or bottle, add water, vinegar, garlic, salt and chili pepper. If you cant find any you can replace it with the chilis of your choice. You can add a few drops to a teaspoon of vinegar if you like the tang. Refrigerate Until Ready to Use. kidney health australia clothing collection; leo man sagittarius woman soulmate; correct way to store compound bow alberta; long term rental golden bc A spicy condiment that every house needs. For the shoyu tare, pour the sake and mirin into a pan and bring to the boil on a high heat. Hawaiian chili pepper water is an incredibly popular, traditional Hawaiian condiment or hot sauce made with water, vinegar, and spicy chili peppers. shoyu sugar ginger, garlic, chili pepper water. Spicy Orange Glaze Add the sugar and cook 1-2 minutes more. In a food processor, grind the chili, garlic, and ginger into a coarse paste. Add vinegar, salt, chili peppers, garlic and shoyu. Add the rest of the soup ingredients (the chicken stock, dashi, soy sauce, sake, salt, and sugar) and bring it to a boil. Its a traditional delicacy that might not be a Hawaiian cultural, traditional kind of thing, but it is totally a thing anywhere you go in these Hawaiian islands, said Scanlan. Great recipe! 200 ml naturally-brewed soy sauce. Also known as Hawaiian Chili Pepper Water or Chili Peppa Watah. Made with fresh udon noodles, whole shrimp, pork, and shitake mushrooms Enjoy. "We have a line that says, "shoyu, sugar, ginger, garlic, chili pepper water," which is a pretty classic list of ingredients," said Scanlan, who grew up playing music, which is a big part of his family's life. Pumped! Add vinegar, Hawaiian salt, chopped peppers, and garlic. Local style Chopped Steak. Stop by your local farmers market or grocery store to pick some up. Transfer 3 lb. If you dont want it too hot, strain before putting it in a bottle. 3 garlic cloves, peeled I chose it for the nostalgic effect it has on me, as I remember my grandma cooking up shoyu-sugar hot dogs on the stove, served over hot rice. Orange Sauce for Stir Fry We add a little garlic and ginger for flavor. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Heat 3Tbs of oil in a skillet, add chicken and chili peppers. For the ribs. So good that routinely I drink this elixir by small glass. We are huge fans of spicy food, so this water is right in our wheelhouse. 1/2 cup sugar Boil your vinegar and water and then pour over all other ingredients into a clean sterilized glass bottle. You have numerous options for a similar sauce. I love that you can make it at home now instead of buying it. Asian Plum Sauce 2 teaspoons salt It is, however, almost exactly as such. The peppers grow pointing up to the sky. Here is the recipe to make some at home. 1 cup sugar Add a little milk and return to boiling point. Whisk until well combined. Just make sure you don't get any weird growth on the top. 4. Pour over chicken and stir until all chicken is immersed in sauce. Pour your fresh chili pepper water in the jar and give it a good shake. Heat an 8-inch skillet over med-high heat; add oil when skillet is hot. Give it a few good shakes to incorporate. Stir, increase the heat to medium-high, then let the sauce simmer until it starts to thicken to a thin, syrupy . 1. Look how many of those hot little buggers I can fit on an ordinary coaster! Glenn gave me his basic recipe, which I've altered a little bit to my own tastes, though in my research, I've discovered there are many variations, as would be expected. 1/4 cup vinegar Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat slightly. Combine remaining ingredients and stir until sugar is dissolved. 1 cup hot vinegar Thanks! Bring to a boil, then carefully lower the eggs into boiling water. 1 Tbl. Thanks for recipe. Yes, this is great for little splashes of flavor. Pour this mixture into the pot with the chicken. 1 cup soy sauce Now I have two condiments to use . Lawrys Asian Ginger, Garlic and Chile Rub blends premium spices including ginger, garlic and mild chile pepper for exceptional flavor and performance in any rub application. 1. Remove chicken from pot and place on a cutting board. I tried chili peppa wata for the first time at Sam Satos in Maui. Please enable JavaScript if you would like to comment on this blog. 1 tsp. We may earn a small commission (at no cost to you), if you purchase through these links. Hawaiian chili peppers have the best flavor. By . water 2T Hawaiian Salt 1t Garlic (minced) 1/2 cup Aloha White Distilled Vinegar 1 cup Hawaiian Chili Pepper (remove all seeds and stems) 1/2 cup Red Bell Pepper (chopped) 2T Red Pepper Flake PROCEDURE Boil water, add remaining ingredients. Put it into a glass jar. Video result for hawaiian chili peppers for sale Amazon.com: hawaiian chili pepper seeds great www.amazon.com for " hawaiian chili pepper seeds" Hawaiian chili pepper Seed Packet. Then add green beans and heat until it starts boiling. 2 Tablespoons palm sugar (or brown sugar) In a small bowl, mash together 5 garlic cloves, 2 Hawaiian chili peppers, and 1 teaspoon Hawaiian sea salt. Pour into sterilized jar. Drain off fat. You can also buy a bottle of this delicious condiment made on Kauai with local grown peppers right here! Worcestershire would be great to include. One bottle can last for up to a year in your fridge. But I couldn't taste any vinegar at all. Chili Pepper Water has a very thin consistency. Reduce the heat immediately and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Ingredients. I love it so much! After 6 minutes, prepare the cornstarch and water mixture. 1/2 cup TCPC Orange Ginger Shoyu Sauce. Store chili pepper water in an air tight container that is food safe. 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Yummly Original. Our 22 oz size is ideal for back-of-house use to dispense the perfect amount of seasoning in any rub application. I'll have to get me some. ), Posted at 01:51 PM | Permalink Thanks for the tips and your site is quite cool. Hi, I just made a batch using a mix of different chilies on hand looking forward to trying it once its sat a bit, which brings me to my question: can I let it sit out for a couple of weeks and then put it in the fridge or is it better to put it in the fridge after sitting out for 24 hours? Combine ginger, garlic, red pepper, soy sauce, lime juice, sugar, cilantro, cornstarch and 1 cup water in a blender or food processor bowl. Additionally you 12 Viral TikTok Recipes From 2021 That Were Actually Good. . - Kathy. I can't think of any savory food that Chili Pepper Water wouldn't be good on. Reduce heat. ginger, onion and shoyu sauce. grated ginger are softened. Reduce heat immediately and simmer for 5 minutes. 4 cloves garlic diced Instructions Set a pot over high heat. search search This garlic-ginger-chilli-soy dip is salty, tangy, spicy, incredibly flavourful. "Hawaiian Chili Peppers are small peppers, growing up to an inch long on a large bush that can reach up to four feet high in height. 20 drops chinese hot sauce ( or habenero or jalapenos) 18 Easy Holiday Appetizers For A Laid-Back Celebration At Home. 1/2 cup water Lets get cooking! 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder 1 tablespoon honey or 1 tablespoon molasses or 1 tablespoon brown sugar There are so many neat ties between Okinawa and HawaiiI'll make sure look out for koregusu next time I'm at one of the Okinawan restaurants here in Honolulu ^_^ Aloha, Add the water, then the sriracha, soy sauce and sugar. I've never heard of the stuff, but when a cool guy named Glenn emailed me asking if I've ever tried it, we got into an interesting conversation about it that got me desperately wanting to make some of my own. Tabasco Sauce Add chili peppers, spices, and salt. Haku Black Garlic Shoyu is a truly extraordinary expression of the progressive next generation of Shoyu Masters from Kyoto Prefecture. Awe can I buy some seeds and some to make chili water??? Top each bowl with slices of pork and a halved marinated egg. Mash your garlic, Hawaiian Chili Peppers and Hawaiian salt lightly with a mortar and pestle. Bring water to a boil, in a small pot. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate. 1 Tablespoon cornstarch Makes about 1 1/2 cups. directions. 1 cup Hawaiian Chili Pepper (remove all seeds and stems) I would let it steep at least a few hours but probably longer to get more overall flavor. Mongolian Grill Sauce They charge about $5/pound, much more than we pay here, but once you try it, you'll use it in all your recipes. 1 tablespoon soy sauce We use it the same way you use hot sauce or shoyu (soy sauce)in abundance and with joy. (Translation: It tasted very good!) How to make Hawaiian Shoyu Chicken. Please give it a rating.Pin for later. Typically, the meat is cut into large strips then marinated for 24 48 hours (or even longer). Heat 1-part water to 1-part distilled white vinegar, season with sugar and salt, and pour over the sliced chiles. Add garlic and ginger to pot . 1 1/2 cups chopped Chili Peppers 6 cups pitted chopped red plums 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes. I had wanted to make this recipe for a very long time: it's done! 1/4 cup cornstarch Do you mean ratfoot limu or ogo? A little heat goes a long way. Blend with chicken. I keep it simple. I've even seen a fermented pepper version. Every household and restaurant has their own recipe for chili pepper water (like how everyone has their own go-to butter mochi recipe). Heat the oil in a 12-inch saut pan (preferably nonstick) over medium heat. It is a traditional Hawaiian condiment that is similar to hot sauce, but in a can. This Baking Tool Will Put An End To Your Soggy Bottoms. Add the green beans and toss a couple of . Place your chicken in a 12-inch skillet. Place the eggplant, cut side down, on grill and let cook 5 minutes. At it's core, Hawaiian Chili Pepper Water is made from 8 ounces water, 2 ounces vinegar, rock sea salt and Hawaiian chili peppers, which are quite hot. That's how it's done with Puerto Rican Pique - the maker just keeps tossing new peppers/ingredients and topping it off at time goes by. Basic directions: mix ingredients, cook until thickened. I was born and raised in Hawaii and I am of native Hawaiian descent. Dave. Cool. I like to use cast iron because it holds heat well and keeps the temperature even. At the heart of this hot sauce is the Hawaiian chili pepper (nioi), a small red or yellow pepper that has been in the Islands since around 1815, but is actually native to Mexico. Pepper skins should be covered with white vinegar. Over time, the flavors will enhance as the peppers and other ingredients will infuse with the liquid. Hawaiian chili peppers mature to a bright red colour and are available year round.These small peppers are very big on spice, and rank high on the Scoville Heat scale ~ 50,000 - 70,000. Using a mortar and pestle, mash the chili peppers, garlic, and salt to release the flavors and incorporate the tastes. 1 tsp grated ginger splash, drizzle, dip, dash! Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine the peppers, garlic, salt, sugar, vinegar, and water in a blender. 1 tablespoon minced garlic Let cool and add a dash of shoyu if you like that extra saltiness. Store brands often add food coloring; homemade versions are usually clear but not completely colorless. 1 teaspoon olive oil or 1 teaspoon canola oil They rate anywhere from 50,000-70,000 on the Scoville scale. Sweet and Sour Sauce 2/3 cup soy sauce You can let it sit out, then refrigerate and use as desired. 2. I also had great success including one in a gazpacho recipe. Begin by whisking together the water, kosher salt, sugar, and chili powder. Can't wait to try this recipe taking advantage of your insights. University of Hawaii at Hilo lecturer Kaikena Scanlan knows what people will assume when they hear the title of his reggae style song, Smoke All Day. That, he says, is intentional. All the good Hawaiian food spots will have Chili Pepper Water. 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch 1 teaspoon soy sauce or 1 teaspoon oyster sauce Ginger, garlic, and green onions (optional) How To Make Shoyu Chicken These are the ingredients you'll need: 2 pounds skin on, bone-in chicken thighs (about 4 pieces) cup shoyu cup sugar cup water 2 tablespoons rice vinegar 3 garlic cloves, smashed 1 2-inch knob of ginger, peeled and sliced 2 stalks green onions (optional) Many Hawaiian food spots are primarily takeout, in which case you'll see little containers of Chili Pepper Water sold for anywhere from $.35 to $1 per container. Store chili paste in a sterilized glass jar. 1 garlic cloves Use liberally! I made 2 batches of this water and it was gone in minutes! Remove from stove and let cool. Please always use a clean spoon to scoop up the amount of chili paste you need to avoid spoilage. He said when your nose and eyes burned, thats when to take it off the burner. Thanks love the recipes ! You see those red bottles on the bottom middle-right side of the photo? 4 ts Soy sauce Set aside. To make this tea, follow this simple recipe: Ingredients. Instructions. Heat vegetable oil in large wide shallow pot over medium-high heat. I just had something much like this in Martinique (so probably a Crole recipe). Add chicken, spareribs, scallions, carrots, garlic, ginger, and bonito flakes. Quick question can I use dehydrated peppers? Hawaii's default hot condiment that most households and restaurants do their own way. 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel Include a splash of shoyu! SHOP. Boil your vinegar and water and then pour over all other ingredients into a clean sterilized glass bottle. It's versatile, delicious, and good for youwhat more could you ask for? I appreciate the comments. 2 cloves garlic, smashed They are high in Vitamin C and help protect your heart. You can make a chili pepper soy sauce (shoyu) too. Ladle into clean jars and keep in 6.9K Likes, 66 Comments. Add the ingredients to a small pan and bring to a quick boil. Commonly served with meals in Hawaii, but it can also be used as a mixer with other drinks like vodka or rum. Thai Sweet Chili Sauce 1 tbsp sake. 1 tablespoon honey Remove the fish and transfer it to a large plate. Refrigerate after a day or so. Those will be some very lucky recipients. Comments (0). 1 1/2 tablespoons water Excellent recipe. 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic (1 small clove) We have a line that says, shoyu, sugar, ginger, garlic, chili pepper water, which is a pretty classic list of ingredients, says Scanlan, who grew up Add to the pan, then add about half a cup of sugar (you can add more if necessary) and about half to 3/4 cup of vinegar. Asian Barbecue Sauce Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #ChiliPepperMadness on Instagram so we can take a look. Brush oil over all surfaces of eggplant and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. The next day, preheat the oven to 160C/325F/gas 3. 2T Hawaiian Salt The Marinade can consist of Hawaiian salt, shoyu, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, and Hawaiian chili pepper water. Heat the remaining vegetable oil in the wok and add the peppers. Add the shoyu, sugar, garlic, and red chile pepper and cook, stirring to dissolve the sugar. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *, HAWAIIAN CHILI PEPPER WATER ~ Makes about 2 cups, 2 cups water1/4 cup vinegar2 teaspoons Hawaiian salt10 Hawaiian chili peppers sliced (if you want more kick, add more chili peppers) 4 plump garlic cloves, sliced1 hefty teaspoon shoyu (soy sauce). I definitely do that. Mike, my favorite mex restaurant in Chicago serves Nayarit(think Baja Beach seafood) style habanero water like sauce that I'd like to make. Is vinegar necessary to preserve it or could it be omitted? Pour the cooled vinegar/water over the mixture. Add more 2 more chili peppers if you want Lava heat INGREDIENTS 2qt. Cover and let sit two days in a cool place before using. 2 teaspoons white vinegar Directions: Add ingredients to a small pan and bring to a quick boil. 1 tablespoon soy sauce To make vinegar pepper sauce: Take a handful of chili peppers (at least 3 or 4, but more if you have them) and using a small paring knife, cut a small slit in each pepper, wearing gloves if you wish. Mix water, soya sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ginger, garlic, sugar, and red chili flakes in a bowl. I'll be honest. Asian Sauces Cover the pan and cook for 6 minutes. I ate the first pod raw to finally put the notch on my belt, and while I'm glad I did it, it's not exactly a "once a day" experience for me at my current level. Can we use this sauce/condiment right away? Taste it from day to day, until you get the fermentation you want. "We got that shoyu, sugar, ginger, garlic, chili peppah watah." Copyright 2022 Onolicious Hawaii. He teaches Hawaiian ethnobotony at the Ka Haka Ula O Keeliklani College of Hawaiian Language. Add the chicken thighs, and toss to evenly coat. 1/8 teaspoon black pepper I couldn't;t get enough! 3 cloves garlic, minced. 2 3 Ripe Tomatoes. It's easy! Having been raised on Oahu, this is a staple condiment. Just a question Ive had Chili Pepper Water with Shoyu in it. In this soy egg recipe, these eggs turn out a chocolate brown color and could have golden veins running all around them depending on how the peeling process goes, which lends to a very striking appearance. Enjoy! Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor (except sesame oil) and blend until well combined. Basic Asian Brown Sauce 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, lightly toasted 3. Store it in the fridge indefinitely. 3/4 cup pineapple juice or 3/4 cup water (I use pineapple juice) 2 tablespoons water, Wasabi Sauce Add Item . 1 Tablspoon grated ginger 3/4 cup shoyu soy sauce 1 1/2 cups water 2 tablespoons honey 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar 1 (2-inch knob) fresh ginger peeled and thinly sliced 3 whole garlic cloves peeled and crushed 2 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs 1/2 Maui onion (or yellow onion) peeled and cut into 3/4-inch wedges Take a large pot and place it on the stove and add Chicken in it. cornstarch In a measuring cup, combine: 1 teaspoon Hawaiian salt. Taste test and season to your preference. I only had green serranos, so used them sliced, along with sliced garlic & ginger, and a splash of worchestershire. 1/4 cup cane sugar (add more if you like em more sweet, up to you) 1 finger ginger, julienne. Hawaiian rock salt, alaea salt, or kosher salt. Bring to a boil. Personalized Advertising. Aloha from Kauai. Combine ginger, garlic, red pepper, soy sauce, lime juice, sugar, cilantro, cornstarch and 1 cup water in a blender or food processor bowl. urban social interaction mod sims 4; i 10 closure phoenix today; pimple popping 2021 new videos . 1 garlic cloves, minced Bring remaining 1 1/4 cups water to Done! General Taos Sauce The most popular spicy condiment in Hawaii has been around for a good long time, whether it's Tutu's recipe or your favorite diner, down the street, it's just plain simple. 1/2 cup granulated sugar Remove 1/4 of the blended mixture. I made some with fresh garlic, ginger and Thai chili peppers from the farmers' market near Diamond Head. 1 cup shoyu. Just be sure to get the "Old Time" brand from Hawai'i, not the stuff from San Francisco. Great stuff! Above is a photo I took at Amaebi HI in Chinatown (home to great amaebi/spot prawn plate lunches). Reduce the heat immediately and let it simmer for 5 minutes. 1/4 cup ketchup Sweat yellow onion with chopped garlic cloves until soft. Add chicken thighs and toss to coat evenly. You can top it off with more vinegar/water solution. Add vinegar, salt, chili peppers, garlic and shoyu. Set aside. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Big Mahalos to Keeping It Relle food blog, Pepperscale and Edible Hawaiian Islandsfor your inspiration, explanations and all that jazz, for The Last Wonton. Love your recipes!! 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar. Break or chop the peppers if you dont mind the hot seeds in your chewing. Add Item . I just love it! Add the ingredients to a small pan and bring to a quick boil. Another popular local dish that relies heavily on Shoyu is Chopped Steak. Mostly I get emails asking to identify a pepper from a photo that someone grew in their garden - glad to help! you can sub in any sea salt or kosher salt, sliced (add anywhere from 3-20, or as many as you can fit - you CAN sub in other spicy chili peppers), Splash of soy sauce and/or Worcestershire sauce. The key to good chili pepper water is well, the chili peppers. shoyu sugar ginger, garlic, chili pepper wateranthony jeselnik: caligula 1/4 cup vinegar Here is how you make this version of Shoyu Chicken: Start by making the sauce recipe - combine your soy sauce, brown sugar, water, garlic, onion, ginger, oregano and pepper. I love hearing how you like it and how you made it your own. Strain the ginger and garlic out of the pot, then bring the sauce to a boil over medium heat and cook until reduced by half. Hi Liv! Previous Reading Chicken Marinade Next Reading When hot, add the sesame oil. When the liquid returns to a boil, reduce the heat, cover the pot, and simmer chicken for about 30 minutes. You can drizzle over foods. Instructions. 75 ($0.90/seeds) Get it as soon as Thu, Dec 16. The longer it sits, the more potent and tasty it gets. So whether you dip your crispy fried tempura shrimp, drizzle on fried rice, splash that soup or stew, kick-up those pork chops, dash your poke, or whooeee your omelet, Hawaiian Chile Pepper Water is here for you. REPLY: Karen, the vinegar will definitely let it keep longer and will add flavor, though there is more water than vinegar. 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder Transfer the chili mixture to a cleaned mason jar and store it for future use. Thank you so much for sharing. Perfect! REPLY: Mike, you'd need to look online to find a seller or attempt to grow them yourself. The flavour will get stronger the longer the chilli and garlic sit in the soy sauce, but I think it just gets more and more delicious. Yes, great stuff. Saut until fragrant and add water rice vinegar, sugar, salt, limes, ginger, garlic, red chilli and 3 more.