Copyright 2007 -2008, The Law Of Reciprocity article and all content throughout Abundance-and-Happiness.com is strictly prohibited from reproduction or reprint without the express written consent of the author, Chuck Danes and/or Enlightened Journey Enterprises. Achieve your own balance between the divine masculine and divine feminine energies in order to live more authentically. To work with this law in a manner that attracts (or compensates for) love and support, for example, Kaiser suggests asking yourself, "Where am I being called to serve and support others today?". The purpose of this series of articles is to examine some of the spiritual laws found in the Bible that govern our lives. Consider Edoms opposition to Jacob past, present and future. For many who have faith in it, this is a great source of hope and justification. Jacob had to learn this law the hard way. Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. Matt. What (or who) is really behind this opposition to Israels (Jacobs) inheriting his birthright that includes a land inheritance whose borders are from Egypt to the Euphrates River in modern Iraq? Looking at it from a more spiritual perspective "Ask and you shall receive""Whatsoever ye desire when ye pray "believe" that ye receive and it shall be given."As a man thinketh, so is he.". Plants dont grow overnight, nor is wisdom gained overnight. In following the example of Jacob, have you faithfully used the first fruits of your increase to honor, worship and express your gratitude to him ever since? Regardless of what your current outcomes consist of, this is an exciting realization to come to. Spiritual circles refer to this place where your vibrational frequencies are projected into as the "Kingdom of God" or as science chooses to call it, the Unified Field. The problem lies that we are not aware that we are planting seeds and therefore not aware of thetype and qualityof seeds being planted! He overcomes his fear, subordinating it to his conviction that Jeremiah is God's spokesman. Fear, anxiety, worry, guilt, grief, anger etc. Jacob vowing to tithe to Elohim was his acknowledging his submission to Elohim and to his willthat Elohim was the Lord over his life. Subscribe to our mailing list to obtain weekly newsletter and important updates. The king sentenced him, his wife, his children, and all that he had would be sold to repay the debt. And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him. Matthew 18:32-34. Now, they dont just sit and wait for the crop to grow, they actually do other things like water and nurture the seeds in order for them to reach their full potential. All Rights Reserved. Or we might not receive in kind, such as receiving what we need from God as we make his kingdom our top priority (Matt. The old lady wondered how someone who had so little could be so giving to a stranger. article, all energy vibrates at a given vibrational frequency creating a specific resonance which is determined by the kind and quality of the thought, emotion or action that you choose. He attributed this financial increase to his learning and applying the Law of Reciprocity. A man was driving down a road and he almost didnt see the old lady, stranded on the side of the road. Let me make a statement and you can think about it: The life you havenowis the result of seeds you havepreviouslysown. Law of Reciprocity, God Judges Us According to How we Judge Others, God's Mercy contingent upon forgiving others, Servant of God, Act One: Going Around, Coming Around. In any troubling situation, she suggests asking what the situation can show you about yourself, and what requires healing within. In the same manner, if we sow seeds of, lets say for example, gossip then we will quickly find out that people are hesitant to trust us and our very own friendships will suffer and crumble. How so? The usual rules of space and time are transcended as spiritual time (Kairos) operates rather than clock time (Chronos). There are NO SECRETS to creating a life by design and EXPERIENCING the Kind and Quality of Life That You Love 'The 7 Hidden Keys To Conscious Creation', "Discover the overlooked but NOT So Secret Keys to Consciously Activate the Laws of Natureevery time", Click Here To Learn How and Why You CanREGARDLESS, Awakening Dimensional Consciousness Guided Meditation System, Complimentary copy of The Miracle of You and Your Cells, "If I were limited to sharing only one word of advice for creating real joy, real serenity and real freedom in your life, that one word would be meditation. Even so every good tree brings forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree brings forth evil fruit. Every action is preceded by a thought, with thoughts themselves having the power to eventually manifest in our physical reality. In the analogy, the people of the land are symbolic of human nature, which cannot be made subject to God and His law, according to Romans 8:7. With the benefit of holistic vision and insight, it becomes clear that everyone is similarly connected through the spiritual dimension with everything and everyone else. (From Forerunner Commentary). It says that beyond our senses, every thought, action, and event is in some way connected to anything and everything else. How wonderful the analogy is going at this juncture; but it certainly does not end there; the servant with an unforgiving heart turned around, found one of his own servants and mercilessly required payment of a debt owed him, with absolutely no compassion; and when his lord was told what he had done, he was recalled before the king and delivered over into the hands of the tormentors. Heres the beauty of this law: If we give or serve selflessly, simply trusting God to take care of us as he thinks is appropriate, then hes free to increase what the Law of Reciprocity would normally return to us. As an example in business. Many people are deceived on this matter. Through our spiritual inter-connectedness, everything and everyone affects, and is affected by, everything and everyone else. Bryan crawled under the car looking for a place to put the jack, skinning his knuckles a time or two. And when the sun rose it was scorched, and since it had no root, it withered away. If that sin falls on fertile soil (a person with all the right tendencies for carrying it to others without regard to consequences), who knows how much destruction can be caused! To illustrate, some years ago I talked one Sunday night to a volunteer receptionist who was completely upset. As you study each of the Universal Laws you will begin to discover that each is intricately interconnected, a perfectly constructed group of unwavering and immutable "Laws", which I like to refer to as "The Perfect Plan", each working in "perfect harmony" 100% of the time without fail, serving to provide a specific outcome. If you are seeking something, you must contribute in some way toward your goal. If we are faithful, He will be with us, but we can expect His wrath if we rebel. The social norm of reciprocity is the expectation that people will respond to each other in similar waysresponding to gifts and kindnesses from others with similar benevolence of their own, and responding to harmful, hurtful acts from others with either indifference or some form of retaliation. My friends and I loved playing with these seeds; throwing them into the air and watching them spin down. She received her bachelor's in broadcasting and mass communication from SUNY Oswego, and lives in Buffalo, New York. There is no such thing as a "lack of faith." Genesis 28:22, I will surely give the tenth. Trust that every action will have a reactiongood or bad. This was helping someone in need, and God knows there were plenty who had given him a hand in the pastHe had lived his whole life that way, and it never occurred to him to act any other way. His Pontiac was still sputtering when he approached her. ), there are lots of great practices to do so, including yoga, sound bathing, and chakra work. "Inspired action is that gentle, internal nudge," Kumar says. Lets face it; we all get what we give in some way or other. In the same way, those things that we allow to make it through our conscious reasoning ability with emotion whether they are "perceived" as positive or negative, intensifies the energy or resonance of the thought, broadcasts that energy or resonance which is created as a result outward, attracting to it energy of a harmonious vibratory frequency or resonance and will through the process of creation, more specifically The Law Of Growth, show up in your physical life regardless of how you perceive it. The Law of Resonance If you sow evil or good you will reap the same. Its pretty hard to liposuction out the bad habits of life today. Giving feels good and doesnt leave us feeling victimized or with a sense of expectation. 25:21, 23; Luke 6:38). Now that you've been introduced to these laws, chances are they'll come up in your life again and again. (Cantab), M.R.C. Whether we give of our time, talents, energy, money, or love, its a healthy way to give. In our own lives, we can remember that integration is just as important as growth. Using a different image, Solomon says the same: "Cast your bread upon the waters, for you will find it after many days" (Ecclesiastes 11:1). As a social construct, reciprocity means that in response to friendly actions, people are frequently much nicer and much more cooperative than predicted by the self-interest model; conversely, in response to hostile actions they are frequently much more nasty and even brutal. Although it is often transgressed in human society, justice is unfailing at the greater, cosmic level. The King of Kings will return one day, and we will all give an account. How did YHVH use Laban to correct these character flaws in Jacob? Since all things physical happen and are brought into your physical existence as a result of Jacob had to learn this law the hard way. properly constructed affirmations "All of the laws are about mastering yourlifewith love and joy," Kaiser explains. The law of reciprocity, (which applies in EVERY culture on the face of the earth), simply explains that that when someone gives you something you feel an obligation to give back. or thought (the unseen or spiritual) any mental poison you take in and allow to be absorbed in the vast mental storehouse that we refer to as the subconscious mind is going to have an adverse effect as well based on your perception. Donotbedeceived,Godisnot mocked.. This delay causes us to think that we have gotten away with something wrong we have done. (Reading time: 2 minutes) The Law of Reciprocity, also known as the Law of Sowing and Reaping, causes us to receive as a result of what we give or do. 1 Chronicles 28:9. The cash register was like the telephone of an out of work actor it didnt ring much. If we are faithful, He will be with us, but we can expect His wrath if we rebel. It is actually a biblical concept; a spiritual LAW! It was a dingy looking restaurant. Somebody once helped me out, the way Im helping you. Here is where it is absolutely essential to your future results that you "become conscious" of the fact that whatever results you are currently experiencing do not determine who or what you are currently, but are merely what you were being at some point in the past. What's important to note here, according to Kumar, is we often can't see the effects right away, but they will come back around. Gods peace and protection be with us all. You can rest assured that you will absolutely find pears on you pear tree! If you sow evil or good you will reap the same. Well, you dont have to worry about that. Invariably, discussion of the Law of Reciprocity leads to talk about money; how we receive in proportion to our giving or generosity. Site Map. We want it all now; money, wealth, power, physical health, peace of mind, the love and respect of others. I am also the first to say it is just the way it is, and it will not change. If not, why not? A timely message as I struggled this month (hubby unemployed and Im on SS) to tithe, people saying that He understands our financial problems but will a man rob God? So we decided to put our tithe to the poor, widows, and orphans in the land. Momma used to say there is always someone worse off than you are. She had already imagined all the awful things that could have happened had he not stopped. The Bible Law of ReciprocityYou Reap What You Sow. It was wonderful for me recently to meet and speak with Professor, Sir Martin Rees (now Lord Rees of Ludlow), the British Astronomer Royal. Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me: Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee? This "Unified Field" or "Infinite Intelligence" has received many labels by man ranging anywhere from God to Infinite Energy. There is no way for you to have it except by giving it. This law states that on an energetic level, everything in the universe is constantly evolving or fluctuating. Bryan never thought twice about the money. The following gives powerful examples of reciprocity. My clients and customers will tell other people about me and they will talk about me in a positive way. Old Medication, New Use: Can Prazosin Curb Drinking? It's happening for you, not to you. Discover whether the spiritual law of blessing Israel and the Jews is relevant today, and whether we should honor the promises God made to them. Jacob was forced to go east (toward Babylon) as a form of exile and punishment for his sins. What prompted this response on Jacobs part? The law of compensation relates closely to the law of attraction and the law of correspondence. Here, spiritual author Shannon Kaiser and social worker Vasavi Kumar, LMSW, MSEd, share their perspective on why these laws are important and how we can all put them into practice. In other words it CAN'T and WON'T happen.period. Please log in again. Matthew 7:12 Verse Concepts Servant of God, Act One: Going Around, Coming Around. 5:7. I am also happy to say he agreed with me that the universe could be described as having a spiritual nature. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that . On windy days we would find ourselves chasing these little helicopter seeds for blocks, just throwing them up into the wind and then chasing them wherever the wind would carry them. As he was tightening up the lug nuts, she rolled down the window and began to talk to him. the law of reciprocity comes in, confusing the whole matter. View in context. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. See what over 150,000 subscribers are already receiving each day. She recommends working this law by asking questions like, "How can I show more compassion and acceptance toward those I don't understand?" To be emotionally healthy it is necessary to give with a willing heart and to receive in the same way part of the cycle of the universe. Can Humans Detect Text by AI Chatbot GPT? While the specific "reward" or blessing is not stated, what is identified is a spiritual law of reciprocity, that generosity and kindness given always return to us in some way. When we sacrifice something important for the sake of Gods kingdom, the spiritual law of regeneration produces benefits for us in this life and eternity. Some people think that they can sow wild oats during the week, and then go to church on Sunday and pray for a crop failure! The login page will open in a new tab. Law of Reciprocity There are a few practical issues to be addressed at this point in our study: (a)Choose good seed to sow(the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, self-control); (b)Prepare your fields carefully(relevant and precise information about your life choices); (c)Give your crops ample room to grow(life brings many opportunities our way: some are bad, some are good, some are better, and some are best. The truth is that they will probably talk about me anyway, so I want to make sure that I serve them appropriately and in doing so Igive them the content of their speech about me. A man reaps what he sows. 4. Do not be deceived, God is not mocked. This daily newsletter provides a starting point for personal study, and gives valuable insight into the verses that make up the Word of God. Christ makes it plain that God is resolute in His promise of reciprocity (Matthew 10:41-42). In due time, the seed grows into a mature tree, which producesfar morethan just one pear. The underlying principle speaks to reciprocity in spiritual matters. Genesis 14:18-20, "And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and . This opportunity was in management where I would be able to earn considerably more income than I am currently earning. Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt. Matthew 18:27. She couldnt thank him enough for coming to her aid. Harvest or reaping does not respond to prayer, praise, crying, or fasting. (James 5:7b MKJV). Here's a more specific example. When the Israelites sowed the wind, a phrase meaning the fleetingness and futility of a life without God, they reaped the whirlwind (Hosea 8:1-10). As Jesus says in Matthew 24:13, But he who endures to the end shall be saved., John W. Ritenbaugh He didnt look safe, he looked poor and hungry. As St. Francis of Assisi reminds us, "it is in giving that we receive." Topics Discipleship Giving Money Spiritual formation Stewardship Add to Bin About the Author As an example you can not think thoughts of fear and express an emotion of fear and expect to receive an outcome that contradicts the resonance or frequency of energy of the fear that you are broadcasting. He waited until she started her car and drove off. ForgivenessSpiritual Law of Reciprocity Biblical Civil Disobedience The Law of Reciprocity, also known as the Law of Sowing and Reaping, allows us to receive as a result of what we give or do. It is the quality of your thoughts and emotions which determines what you are asking for and believing you will receive and the Law of Reciprocity makes ABSOLUTELY certain that you receive just that. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. It causes hard feelings and comes between friends. How Psychologically Conditioned Rats Are Defusing Landmines, 5 Spiritual Practices That Increase Well-Being, 7 Ticking Time Bombs That Destroy Loving Relationships, The Single Best (and Hardest) Thing to Give Up, 3 Ways to Reclaim Your Hope and Happiness. This lawstates that patterns repeat throughout the universe, and on a personal level, our reality is a mirror of what's happening inside us at that moment. Listen! They did not continue in the faith. By the way, my name is Bryan.. A divine judgment is coming, and it will be done fairly. In this case, God tells Asa that faithfulness or loyalty to God is a two-way street. Her waitress came over and brought a clean towel to wipe her wet hair. Keeping the thought of reciprocity in mind, it behooves us to be careful in our motives and actions when dealing with others. (Matthew 7:16-18 MKJV). To whom would Jacob ultimately tithe? The law of use, coupled with reciprocity, makes an unbeatable combination. God gives us many spiritual laws to study and understand, but here are four big ones: Spiritual law #1: You reap what you sow You've probably heard some version of this spiritual law: "What goes around, comes around." "You get out what you put in." "Chickens come home to roost." 5:7). We must. But the reality is that in most aspects of our lives there is no lack of planting seeds. Farmers are all too familiar with this element of the Law of Reciprocity. So what does that have to do with the Law of Reciprocity? There is much scope for further speculation and myth-making about how reciprocity, human morality and spiritual justice work at the everyday level of human lives. In Job 4:8 we read, "Even as I have seen, they that plow iniquity, and sow wickedness, reap the same." Notice what Paul tells Christians in the church at Colossae: And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled [He has granted repentance], in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sightif indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel [salvation], which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister. In order for spiritual reciprocity to work, there must be a mutual agreement between the buyer and the seller. Allowing or detachment means that once you have consciously requested a specific outcome to trust and "know" that the Law of Reciprocity can only return to you an outcome based on what you know, trust and have "faith" in. Journal and Visualize the Financial Life You Want Finally, always take steps toward planning your financial future. I have seen mens lives literally and completely destroyed because of someone elses gossip about them. All Rights Reserved Worldwide. When you fully "allow" the Law of Reciprocity to work for you it bypasses the outcomes that are possible based on individual free will and enables that reciprocity to open up to the infinite field of potentiality, without regard to precisely where it must come from, making the potential outcome infinite in nature. As true as this is in the biological and zoological world, it is also true in the spiritual world. Reciprocity is a process of exchanging things with other people to gain a mutual benefit. Larry Culliford, M.B., B.Chir. 1. We've all heard of the law of attractionbut what about the law of polarity, the law of divine oneness, or the law of correspondence? , EVERYTHING that exists in the entire cosmos, both the seen as well as the unseen, exists in it's purest and most basic form as a vibrating mass of energy, and as is covered in the He shares a parable, that He associates with the kingdom of Heaven. Jacobs dream in Genesis 28 was his first, life-changing personal encounter with the Elohim of his fathers (Gen 28:10ff). The law will still work if were motivated by selfishness, but that attitude definitely wouldnt please God and he wouldnt add to what we receive. The Law of Reciprocity is the law that determines that something some event, condition or circumstance is received back at all times without fail based on what it is that is broadcast. This daily newsletter provides a starting point for personal study, and gives valuable insight into the verses that make up the Word of God. I'm Finished With The Law Of ReciprocityTake Me To Universal Laws The spiritual law of exchange is a key to our relationship with God because he receives our sins, weaknesses and illnesses in exchange for what we need. It is the Law of Reciprocity. See what over 150,000 subscribers are already receiving each day. For example, if we're feeling ungrateful for our living situation, it could be because we're comparing our arrangements with someone else's.