Bought mine in Christiansted after Maria. Thanks again! I can verify this to be true. We look forward to showing you what's new on your next visit. Suggest edits to improve what we show. This practice of wearing your hook bracelet towards or away the shore may have been what evolved into todays tradition of wearing your hook to show your relationship status. $750 - $800. Some say the hook bracelet came to the Virgin Islands via the European settlers. We appreciate you!!! The sales lady was very patient with me (lots of questions) and helped me try on all the styles and sizes. Bamboo Stuido also makes a nice bracelet and in several styles. If cited by the village, homeowners with bamboo can be fined $350 per week and face up to 15 days in jail. Also be sure that you are getting the bamboo from a reputable source who can guarantee the plants you are getting are true to the species specified. Let our Virgin Islands jewelry transport you to an island state of mind. Remember, no two Crucian Hook Bracelets are exactly alike. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Recent archeological digs in the Congo have uncovered bracelets and fishing hooks crafted in a variety of metals. Can't wait to go back in December!!! I even splurged and got one with the 14k gold wire wrap. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); How to Get to St. John: The Best Airfare Tips & Tricks, The Restaurant Report Regulations and Updates, St john jewelry bracelet - Jewelry Directory, A Unique Lens: Crystal Kayaking and Paddleboarding at Maho Beach. Further evolving from the simple hook, some of these locally crafted bracelets now commemorate St John icons such as the petroglyphs and the island outline. We stumbled into Bamboo Studio on our last visit to St. John and fell in love with their jewelry. Clic H Herms Factory bracelet Color. Not right now, as far as you know. Thank you for taking time to review us and we hope you are able to visit again sooner than later. So happy you were able to find some pieces to take with you to remind you of your trip. Bamboo Studio creates beautiful hook bracelets and personalized jewelry made by our talented artists right here on St. John, USVI. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. It was the first pair they had made and the only ones they had then but I'm sure they will have more in December. He now wears it daily and I love the look. You may have specified a clump bamboo that should behave itself. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. How that tradition evolved has many possible explanations, depends on who you ask. Select options Details. My Account. It is all so unique. Reviews From Others Who Purchased This Product, JOIN OUR EMAIL NEWSLETTER FOR PRODUCT NEWS & SAVINGS. I love it when someone asks about mine. Cable Classics Bracelet in Sterling Silver with 18K Yellow Gold, 4mm. If the open hook is worn facing the heart, you have the good fortune to have found your sweetie. Best island in the Caribbean.. They look brand new Bamboo Studio: Hook Bracelet - See 968 traveller reviews, 37 candid photos, and great deals for St. John, at Tripadvisor. Select options Details. Important First Time Visitor Information/Guidelines. read more. $470. Can order by phone I am sure. 2023 North Coast Media LLC, All Rights Reserved. Take home a piece of St. John Island and shop our Petroglyphs Collection today. The Coral Bay jewlers had closed, but I had seen one on a prior visit there that I fell in love with.. It always reminds me of a very nice day we spent there. The Island Hook Bracelet is a Unique Design Created by Shannon Sterling of St. John, USVI. Take home a piece of the Virgin Islands and order your next 4MM Hook Bracelet online at Bamboo Studio. Shop bracelets, charms, cufflinks, pendants, and rings at St. John Bracelets Co. A favorite destination for island bracelets and hook bracelets. 925 Sterling Silver Tourmaline Zirconia Square Links Tennis Bracelet 7"1/2. They're always willing to recommend products and give honest feedback, which I appreciate. It is wonderful quality and has held up very well to 7+ years of very hard wearing. Last year we were in the shop and he offered to polish it and I said heck no. Thank you for taking time to write a review for us! Malverne is among at least a half dozen Long Island communities that have passed such ordinances. I am partial to these as its been recognized by West Indians outside of the Virgin Islands. Long Island, for example has been a hot bed of anti-bamboo sentiment going back several years. I got the Haulover South one. Have you have ever bumped into a stranger somewhere completely random, only to notice they have on a hook bracelet that matches your own? We are so happy you appreciate all the qualities of our hook design and hand-crafted quality. If worn reversed, good fortune will smile upon your every cast. Certain species of bamboo grow quickly, forming a dense screen that can reach 40 feet or more. THE ORIGINAL ISLAND HOOK BRACELET LEGEND The tradition born that moment survives yet today. After about an hour I had to go back, Bamboo's staff was so friendly and helpful, I ended up buying one for myself! Thats a lot of weight for a simple piece of jewelry, but the original Crucian Hook Bracelet is so much more than its complement of silver and/or gold. If worn reversed, good fortune will smile upon your every cast. Hopefully Julie will chime in and correct me if I am wrong. If you dont know what I am talking about, youre likely reading this while dreaming of your first vacation to St. John. This gives us proud Crucians ample opportunities to boast about our home. 4mm Two Tone J Hook Bracelet w/ Green Moissanite $ 580.00 - $ 590.00. It might depend on if you want a plain, classic style or a more ornate style. Whichever style you prefer, obtaining your first hook bracelet has become a rite of passage for island dwellers and guests of the Virgin Islands. Hughes began creating her handcrafted, unique and signature hook bracelets in 1964 and they quickly became a MUST HAVE for all who visited St. Croix. Improve this listing Where can you get the bracelets? I am partial to Bamboo Studio (LOVE my double hurrican hook bracelet from them, as well as my charm necklace) and Vibe. I finally made the decision to splurge on one when we were there last December but most jewelry stores were closed due to the storms. Handcrafted in Sterling Silver, the Island Hook Bracelet has an Easy Open Clasp with Your Choice of Sterling Silver or Gold Tone Wire Wrap. Whether your hook bracelet is an expression of love or luck you have sought or found, whether you have one or twenty; most importantly it shows your love for St. John. This practice ensures no two bracelets will ever be exactly the same. The Connecticut law was also stimulated by similar local property owner disputes that escalated to the state level. This business uses tools provided by Tripadvisor (or one of its official Review Collection Partners) to encourage and collect guest reviews, including this one. Cable Edge Cuff Bracelet in Recycled Sterling Silver, 5.5mm. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. No negative comments please. Thank you for taking time to review us. We certainly appreciate your business and are so happy you are loving your new pieces. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Bamboo has a wonderful energy as well as a very talented designer and exceptional customer service - an island gem! I bought mine from Bamboo studio as well. JOHN BRACELET COMPANY Enjoy our Tropical Island Theme Jewelry Since 2003, St. John Bracelet Company is a St. John favorite for island bracelets, hook bracelets as well as all island jewelry from the virgin islands. Then, educate your client on proper maintenance of the barrier. I cant remember a day since high school that I havent had a Crucian Hook Bracelet on my wrist. Hughes began creating her handcrafted, unique and signature hook bracelets in 1964 and they quickly became a MUST HAVE for all who visited St. Croix. I can see why this is TripAdvisor's #1 store in St. John. We were recently in St Johns and was thrilled to have the Bamboo Studio bracelets recommended to me by some locals. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Silver Tone Flower Long Drop Hook Pierced Earrings at the best online prices at eBay! Addto that measurement 1/2 inch for a tighter fit or 1 inch for a more bangle like fit to determine your bracelet size. They make their own and have a beautiful gallery. - See 968 traveler reviews, 37 candid photos, and great deals for St. John, at Tripadvisor. On their wedding day, they each clasped a bracelet around the wrist of their chosen, the open hook toward their hearts. We hope you can visit sooner than later. More are sure to follow. I hope you enjoyed choosing from all the new designs. Purposeful art that echoes history's triumphs and tribulations really speaks to me. BRACELET SIZING: Measure your wrist over your wrist bone using a soft tape. What started as a Danish tradition has today been adopted as a symbol of love and unity. One legend identifies the hook bracelet historically as a Danish wedding band. Worn by sailors for the ease at which it could be removed if caught in the lines while at sea. In addition to those in Connecticut and New York, communities in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, North Carolina and California have passed or are considering ordinances banning outright or regulating bamboo. . After seeing them in many stores, the one from Bamboo Studio was easily my favorite. Will it rain every day? From a professional and ethical standpoint, landscape contractors should follow a few simple steps if they are contemplating a landscape design that includes bamboo. The hook was worn facing in when their men were in port and turned away towards the sea when they set out to sail. more. You can place orders there and learn a bit more about Sonya and her legendary products. My wife searched and searched for the best shop in St. John for the Hook Bracelet. St. John - Things to Do Bamboo Studio Bamboo Studio 968 Reviews #2 of 34 Shopping in St. John Shopping, Gift & Specialty Shops Wharfside Village, St. John Save Andy C Bear, Delaware 7 13 Best Hook Bracelets in St. John! Bamboo has often been used as landscape "problem solver.". will donate 100% of net proceeds from the sale of our blue cable bracelets to the David Yurman x Robin Hood Foundation Unity Fund.