[17] He wrote for The Dennis Miller Show. View agent, publicist, legal and company contact details on IMDbPro, Sandrah Oedekerk is currently prepping his next round of blockbuster feature I found funny how a lot of people confuse him with Tom Shadyac. An Academy Award nominated director, producer, actor, comedian, and computer animator, Steve Oedekerk has written and directed films that have grossed over $1.9 billion in worldwide box offices, including such blockbusters as Bruce Almighty, the Ace Ventura franchise, The Nutty . It was something where people are going to have a nice fun time out, but then, Christian or non-Christian, you're still witnessing the core of the growth of a man. Because I was like Otis: When you're young and you just want to goof off and not take on responsibility, there's this friction between you and someone who's trying to pound into your head, "No, you have to grow up and get a real job!" (1) Filters: ALL CREDITED ROLES Robert John Odenkirk (/ o d n k r k /; born October 22, 1962) is an American actor, comedian and filmmaker best known for his role as Saul Goodman on Breaking Bad (2008-2013) and its spin-off Better Call Saul (2015-2022). Steve was roped in as the screenplay writer for a film adaptation of 'Ripley's Believe It or Not!,' with Carrey in the title role. Three credits shy of graduation, he moved to Watched Kung Pow again recently and it hit me that it was probably one of the most bizarre ideas for a movie I can think of. A second season followed, and six additional episodes airing on Nickelodeon's sister channel Nicktoons from September 12, 2011, until November 12, 2011. He also wrote for Late Night with Conan O'Brien (19931994) and acted in a recurring role as Agent Stevie Grant in The Larry Sanders Show (19931998). They eventually developed a strong friendship, which still exists today. open-mic stand-up comedy for several years. [9] Odenkirk would later say that he grew up "hating" Naperville as a 15-year-old because "it felt like a dead end, like Nowheresville. The public recognizes this personality best for his collaborations with actor-comedian Jim Carrey and director Tom Shadyac. You've come a long way since Ace Ventura! Odenkirk would sharpen his stand-up and improv skills at Elmhurst's now defunct Who's on First comedy club, then part of The Steve and Leo Show. Steve Oedekerk 'A strong man stands up for himself, a stronger man stands up for others.-Ben, Barnyard' Irish. Steve Oedekerk stands tall at an approximate height of 5 feet 10 inches and his weight is around 75 kg. Shortly afterward, Oedekerk again worked alongside Carrey as the project consultant for Tom Shadyac's first film Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (1994). id: "beb5f82f-dce3-49e6-a836-cf24eb78a6f6", Steve Oedekerk was born in Los Angeles . Blair Thumb. I haven't really been able to follow up on much with him aside from that he had listed his estate for sale, was sort of planning Kung Pow 2 and probably didn't fair well after the flop that was cowboys and aliens. Steve Oedekerk 's 2002 dubbed comedy Kung Pow: Enter the Fist is one of those comedies I'll always have to regret liking when I was around nine-or-ten years old. As a follow-up to Jimmy Neutron, Oedekerk interested Nickelodeon into producing his what animals do behind the backs of humans project, Barnyard. The series was commissioned by Netflix with the first season having been released in November 2015, featuring four 30-minute-long episodes, along with an hour-long behind-the-scenes special. [3] In 2015, he and Cross reunited, along with the rest of the Mr. Show cast, for W/ Bob & David on Netflix. At WIDB he created a late-night (midnight to 4 am) radio comedy show called The Prime Time Special. friends with, Indie Spirit Stars Suggest Indie Gems You Must Watch Right Now, 'The Post' Sped Through Production to Deliver a Timely Message. However, the show had already been canceled by the time it won the award. All I know is there's all these different parts of my brain that are just sort of shouting out, "Oh, do this! ", "One Last Cringe for 'The Office' Finale", "Better Call Saul's Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould on constructing the Breaking Bad spinoff", "Watch the First Episode of Bob Odenkirk's New Adult Swim Series, Let's Do This", "IFC's New Sketch Comedy, 'The Birthday Boys' to Premiere Friday, October 18", "Bob Odenkirk Prepares To Cut Off Gillian Jacobs' Toes on 'Tim and Eric's Bedtime Stories', "2013 Sundance Film Festival Announces Feature Film Awards", "Bob Odenkirk & David Cross Are Reuniting For A Netflix Series", "How Bob Odenkirk Brought a Comic Sweetness to His New Noir Film 'Girlfriend's Day', "Bob Odenkirk Launches Production Company, Signs First-Look Deal With Sony TV", "Box Office: Bob Odenkirk's 'Nobody' Debuts to No. Oedekerk has worked with many popular media personalities and has collaborated in many projects with Jim Carrey. He has written and directed films that have grossed over $1.5 billion (See the latest numbers here) in worldwide box office, recently received a best animated film academy award nomination for "Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius" as well as starring in . He collaborated again with Shadyac and Carrey in the 2003 fantasycomedy film 'Bruce Almighty.' Odenkirk and Cross both write, star in, and produce the show. He then directed, wrote, and produced the 2006 computer-animated comedy film 'Barnyard' in which he voiced various characters, such as'Snotty Boy,' 'Randall Beady,' and one of the pizza twins. your username. He said his strongest comedic influence was Monty Python's Flying Circus, primarily due to its combination of cerebral humor and verbal slapstick, which Odenkirk characterized as "laugh-out-loud" humor. Production officially began in October 2003. Steve Oedekerk is also a screenwriter, editor, director, and producer. Press J to jump to the feed. #BetterCallSaulpic.twitter.com/FTQN4xUL0W", "SIU gives honorary degree to actor Bob Odenkirk", "Bob Odenkirk Laments 'SNL' Stints: "I Was a Dick" to Lorne Michaels", "Bob Odenkirk on 'Better Call Saul': "It's Total Drama", "Better Call Saul's Bob Odenkirk: Key TV moments from Breaking Bad star", "Bill Maher And Bob Odenkirk Talk About God And Comedy In HBO's 'Real Time' Session", "Four comics face reality: Could Bob Odenkirk, Norm Macdonald, Phil Hendrie and Joe Rogan have picked a worse time to try to become sitcom stars? [42], Odenkirk received his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on April 18, 2022, the date of the premiere of the final season of Better Call Saul. He has also been commissioned to write the screenplay for the Ripley's Believe It or Not! At the 2002 Stinkers Bad Movie Awards, the film . [19], Odenkirk was considered for the role of Michael Scott in the pilot of The Office, a role that ultimately went to Steve Carell. ", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Steve_Oedekerk&oldid=1142661163, Snotty Boy / Pizza Twin #2 / Mr. Beady / Snotty Boys Father, This page was last edited on 3 March 2023, at 18:11. Steve Oedekerk Owner, O Entertainment San Juan Capistrano, California, United States 804 followers 500+ connections Join to connect O Entertainment Activity Congrats to my pals at Lion Forge -. The site's critics' consensus reads: "A short sketch's worth of jokes stretched into a full-length feature." Metacritic reports an average score of 14 out of 100 based on 14 critics, indicating "overwhelming dislike". While he's best known for his work scripting comedic films like Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls, The Nutty Professor, and Bruce Almighty, Oedekerk has . Enter the Fist. So, Barnyard is basically about an animal who likes to party, make people laugh and refuses to grow up. The film was made under the budget $25 Million which has collected the box office $44.5 Million. However, no news regarding the development of the project has been reported since then. Moreover, Steve has played in the American action comedy film Nothing to Lose. [16] During his final year at SNL, he worked alongside Adam Sandler, David Spade, Chris Rock and Chris Farley, but eventually he decided to leave the show in order to pursue performing. Until a chance encounter with my moms old Bible opened my eyes. But yeah, it makes a statement of what is family, really. [44], In the early 1990s, Odenkirk was linked romantically to fellow comedian, actress, and writer Janeane Garofalo, who introduced him to Mr. Show with Bob and David co-creator David Cross. [6] He also performed at the Improv Olympic alongside notable comedians Chris Farley and Tim Meadows. The pilot can be seen on Adult Swim's website. Likewise, he is a Senior Producer, the average salary is $102,148. The family-friendly animated film stars a carefree cow named Otis who eventually learns some valuable life lessons about responsibility and growing up. Steve wrote and directed the movie. Similarly, on his @oedeworld Instagram account, there are more than 1.1k followers. winning TV series, Oedekerk has created a successful template for We sent in our notes, we were able to see cuts. Steve had joined the crew as a project consultant. He also writes screenplays, including Patch Adams, Nutty Professor II: The Klumpus, Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius, Bruce Almighty and Barnyard (which he produced, directed, wrote and voiced various characters). Welcome! Steve directed and wrote the movie, since Shadyac had quit the project. [24] Odenkirk finally guested in the final season of The Office as a Philadelphia manager strongly reminiscent of Michael Scott. He is American by nationality and belongs to white ethnic background. [43], In 2022, a new series starring Odenkirk was announced for AMC, entitled Lucky Hank, based on the novel Straight Man by Richard Russo. Directed by Shadyac, the movie was one of the highest-grossing films of the year. He completed the credits at Columbia College Chicago and received his bachelor's degree from SIU in 1984. Dirk Derby Wonder Jockey will be the first broadcast length comedy series released exclusively to the online digital media arena and digital hand held media market , including Sony PSP, iPhone and iPad. By Woody Allen, no less: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/What%27s_Up,_Tiger_Lily%3F, He green-screened himself into the movie, not really the same as photo shopping your face on something :), more importantly than jimmy neutron (for my generation) is that he directed 'nothing to lose' and 'ace ventura: when nature calls'. They have a son, Aaron Oedekerk, and a daughter, Samantha Oedekerk. Philippe Taeb est le prsident de la compagnie. His ancestry includes German and Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid is also a similar concept. It started with just the concept long ago with an idea I had, where animals stand up on two legs when humans aren't around, and they talk and have their own secret life. Steve Oedekerk's Thumbs: Thumb Wars & Thumbtanic. What a legend. Enter the Fisthas collected the box office $17 Million which was made under the budget $10 Million. Oedekerk is best known for his collaborations with actor and comedian Jim Carrey and director Tom Shadyac (particularly the Ace Ventura franchise), his series of "Thumbmation" shorts and his film Kung Pow: Enter the Fist (2002). But it wasn't really intended that way. Copyright 2006 Christianity Today. Yes, Steve Oedekerk is a married man. It is planned to air in 2023. They, however, remained close friends. It's the same thing I did disrupting school as a kid. During his early days, he used to write for comic and other stage performances. "Eyes on the target! Steven Brent "Steve" Oedekerk (born November 27, 1961) is an American comedian, director, editor, producer, screenwriter and actor. But like all humans, just having a sense of right and wrong and good and goodness is nice. Steve Oedekerk View source Steven Brent "Steve" Oedekerk (Born November 27, 1961 in Los Angeles, California) is the creator, director and executive producer of the 2006 movie Barnyard: The Original Party Animals and executive produces its' 2007 spin-off TV series Back at the Barnyard. Oedekerk is best known for his works with actor Jim Carrey and director Tom Shadyac. When I walked out of the room, the dog tracks me the whole way while I leave. Apparently being a serious Christian doesn't mean kissing silliness goodbye! In that particular show, he wrote the character "Matt Foley, Motivational Speaker", for Chris Farley, which would later be reprised on SNL. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. var qs = Object.keys(params).reduce(function(a, k){ a.push(k + '=' + encodeURIComponent(params[k])); return a},[]).join(String.fromCharCode(38)); He describes his father as "remote, fucked-up, and not around". By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Table of Biography [ show] Early Life and Education Steve Oedekerk was born on 27 November 1961 and he is currently 60 years old. Martin Oedekerk and Rena Borlandeli are the members of his family. He is best known for being the creator of Thumbmation shorts. He worked as a DJ for WIDB, his college radio station at Southern Illinois University Carbondale. Learn how your comment data is processed. Following this, Steve took a break from directing movies for a few years. It was during this time that Oedekerk befriended fellow comic/actor Jim Carrey while working on the television series In Living Color during its 19901994 run; this was the first of numerous collaborations between the two. Oedekerk: Yeah, but mine started about 20 years ago at a friend's house. Steve Oedekerk, the Academy Award nominated multi-hyphenate, has built an extraordinary career, experiencing vast success in writing, directing, producing, acting, stand-up comedy and computer generated animation. Steve wasn't always a budding hotel developer. Patch Adams. Enter the Fist (2002) (which he directed, wrote and starred in[8]), Bruce Almighty (2003) and Barnyard (2006) (which he directed, wrote, produced, and voiced various characters). With Bruce Almighty, I was very happy with the way that movie landed. Moreover, he created his @oedeworld Twitter account in January 2018 and it has over 1.4k followers. He also gives his voice in a 2006 computer-animated comedy film Barnyardwhich has collected the box office $116.5 Million which was made under the budget $51 Million. Steve Oedekerk and Bob Odenkirk are not brothers Unless Pat was just making a joke about their names being similar, that's fine then. He later became a stand-up comic before moving on to TV and film as a writer, director and producer behind such movies as Bruce Almighty and next year's sequel, Evan Almighty, plus Patch Adams, both Nutty Professor flicks, and Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius. Meanwhile, he created 'Thumbs!,' which was a collection of his 'O Entertainment' short films. He is best known for his collaborations with actor and comedian Jim Carrey and director Tom Shadyac , his series of "Thumbmation" shorts and his film Kung Pow! Good guy. Otis the cow, like Oedekerk, just wants to have fun. Steve Oedekerkis an American actor, scriptwriter, and a comedian. After completing high school, Steve attended Golden West College for further education. Primarily set in the early 2000s, years before the character's debut in Breaking Bad, the series follows lawyer Saul Goodman's journey from court-appointed defense attorney origins to his eventual status as a successful, though unscrupulous, criminal defense lawyer. [19] Also in 1993, he had brief acting roles on Roseanne[20] and Tom Arnold's The Jackie Thomas Show. Additionally, he also gained fame for his films Santa vs. the Snowman 3D, Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius, Barnyard, and The Nutty Professor remake. Born November 27, 1961 in Los Angeles, California, USA Steve Oedekerk, the Academy Award nominated multi-hyphenate, has built an extraordinary career, experiencing vast success in writing, directing, producing, acting, stand-up comedy and computer generated animation. The GodThumb. Oedekerk: When I was writing the characters, I realized about halfway through the script that it was sort of about that. The Snowman, The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius and Back at the Barnyard among other shows and movies. This time Oedekerk directed and wrote the movie after Shadyac left before filming. Enter the Fist , along with his films Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius, Santa vs. the Snowman 3D, Barnyard and The Nutty Professor . He has an impressive number of humorous radio commercials to his credit and rose to fame with the 'Ace Ventura' franchise, along with comedian-actor Jim Carrey and director Tom Shadyac. But that movie is completely inappropriate for kids; it's like a heavy PG-13. Odenkirk was born in Berwyn, Illinois, then raised in Naperville. Likewise, his other film Kung Pow! Your idea of animals on two legs with secret lives sounds a lot like some of Gary Larson's "Far Side" cartoons. Created "Thumbmation" (the technology behind the globally distributed Thumb parody projects) in the early 2000s. Herde & Dunstabzugshauben und weitere Elektro-Grogerte von Chilo gnstig online kaufen: Top Angebote Top Auswahl Bequem vergleichen und online bestellen bei I-Love-Tec.de Source: Getty. Oedekerk also gained popularity with his series of "Thumbmation" shorts: Thumb Wars, Bat Thumb, The Godthumb, Frankenthumb, The Blair Thumb and Thumbtanic. He is best known for his collaborations with actor and comedian Jim Carrey and director Tom Shadyac (particularly the Ace Ventura franchise), his series of "Thumbmation" shorts and his film Kung Pow! Steve.Oedekerk.Com "The O Show" VHS Rip - Oedekerk Report 139,648 views 9 years ago Steve.Oedekerk.Com first aired on NBC Wednesday, September 3rd, 8-9pm ET 1997. Steve worked as a writer and executive producer for the film. He was born in South Africa to Dutch parents. [13] First studying with Del Close, Odenkirk attended the Players Workshop where he met Robert Smigel, and they began a collaboration that would last for years and take Odenkirk to Saturday Night Live. Utter madness to photoshop his own face on the main character of a random martial arts movie and dub over it. 99+ Photos Robert John Odenkirk was born in Berwyn, Illinois, to Barbara (Baier) and Walter Odenkirk, who worked in printing. In February 2009, Universal Pictures announced that Steve Oedekerk would be penning a film adaptation of the Stretch Armstrong superhero doll. Steve Oedekerk is happily married to Sandrah Oedekerk. Steven Brent "Steve" Oedekerk (born November 27, 1961) is an American stand-up comedian, actor, director, producer, writer, and voice-over artist, known as the co-creator of Jimmy Neutron with Keith Alcorn and John A. Davis. I remember an interview with Jim Carrey on I think Howard Stern last year he talked about him. That's really what Barnyard is aboutthat moment where you have a decision to make as to which road you're going to take. "[6] Walter Odenkirk died of bone cancer in 1986. Steve Oedekerk, the writer/director/producer of, The Global Methodist Church welcomes Scott Jones, who led Methodists in Texas and had advocated for the extreme center and staying at the table., Emily McFarlan Miller - Religion News Service. But for the way I work now, I don't tend to bonk anybody over the head with faith. He is known for his collaborations with actor and comedian Jim Carrey and director Tom Shadyac. ), Santa vs. the Snowman 3D, Jimmy Neutron: The Boy Genius, The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius, Back at the Barnyard, Planet Sheen, and the movie The Super Mouse. Odenkirk, with Cal-Gold, plans to develop unique stories, with dynamic characters and social relevance. [14] Other influences included radio personality Steve Dahl, SCTV, Steve Martin's Let's Get Small, Woody Allen, The Credibility Gap, and Bob and Ray. There's enough big themesadoption and family and these elementsthat could be in any live action film I would do. After three years of college, Odenkirk was three credits short of graduating when he decided to try writing and improv in Chicago. [3] Odenkirk served as a writer on Late Night with Conan O'Brien for the show's 1993 and 1994 seasons. Having just completed the screenplay for the upcoming live All I can tell you is that image rode with me for years, well before I had a movie career. He also contributed his writing talents to FOX during the late 1980s and through the early 1990s. [2], Oedekerk was raised in Huntington Beach, California,[3] by his mother Rena Borlandeli and father Martin Oedekerk. I think a lot of Christians will relate to it too, because we all reach a point where God reaches in, where you start noticing your actions more and the conscience gets a little louder. Despite being a celebrity couple, this Oedekerk couples marriage date and venue are still unknown. Also, this personality appeared in the popular TV series Full House as the character Joey Gladstones competitor on the show Star Search in the series episode Star Search. films and TV series. Around 20062007, the studio began production on a Nicktoon based on the film titled Back at the Barnyard. Leginkbb Jim Carrey sznsszel s Tom Shadyac rendezvel kzs munkirl ismert - Ace Ventura 2.: Hv a termszet (1995), A minden6 (2003), Evan, a minden6 (2007 . Despite the success of the 'Ace Ventura' franchise, Steve and Carrey parted ways later, as they got involved in different projects. David and I got cut out [of] the editing process on that. If there's not a mean energy in it and it's generally got a positive tone and it's just silly, I think it's great. Oedekerk established his offices, O Entertainment, in San Juan Capistrano, and later, his Omation animation studio in San Clemente, California. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. 291 140 comments Best Add a Comment ehStuGatz 7 mo. As he is active in the industry since 1987, so he is able to collect the huge amount of net worth. Read our extensive list of rules for more information on other types of posts like fan-art and self-promotion, or message the moderators if you have any questions. Enter the Fist (2002), along with his films Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius, Santa vs. the Snowman 3D, Barnyard and The Nutty Professor remake. Discover Steve Oedekerk's Biography, Age, Height, Physical Stats, Dating/Affairs, Family and career updates. Additionally, he is also the executive producer of the computer-animated series The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius. 112K subscribers Published on Apr 7, 2011 Writer-Director-Actor Steve Oedekerk (Nothing to Lose, Ace Venura, Jimmy Neutron, Bruce Almighty) is interviewed during production of. ", "Bob Odenkirk Hospitalized After Collapsing on 'Better Call Saul' Set", "Bob Odenkirk says he had a 'small heart attack' when he collapsed on 'Better Call Saul' set", "Bob Odenkirk says he had small heart attack but vows 'I'll be back soon', "Back in the makeup chair, Bob Odenkirk returns to work on 'Better Call Saul', "Bob Odenkirk Opens Up About Near-Fatal Heart Attack In Magazine Profile", "Bob Odenkirk opens up about 'shocking' near-death 'heart incident', "The Internet Owes Its Sense of Humor to This Man", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Bob_Odenkirk&oldid=1141457844, This page was last edited on 25 February 2023, at 04:43. It's great when people just laugh. Odenkirk attended Naperville North High School and graduated at 16; he was "tired of high school", and because he had enough credits, he was able to leave high school when he was still a junior. When actor Bob Odenkirk collapsed on the set of "Better Call Saul" last week in New Mexico, fans held their breath - and obsessively checked for updates on social media - until word came that he was expected to be OK. None of this was intended; it just sort of worked out that way. series. Odenkirk also appeared in and directed a number of the sketches on the show. "Wacky" is perhaps the best way to describe Oedekerk's varied career, which essentially with his reputation as the class cut-up as a schoolboy. Steven Brent Oedekerk [1] is an American actor, stand-up comedian, director, editor, producer, and screenwriter. [5] His mother is an emigrant from Magnago, Italy. Oedekerk also starred in his own television special for NBC, produced an animated Christmas special for ABC, and his six Thumb filmette titles: "Thumb Wars","Thumbtanic", "The Blair Thumb", "Bat Thumb", "Frankenthumb" and "The Godthumb" have aired on both Showtime and Cartoon Network.Digital Media: Always in pursuit of the future of entertainment, Steve is not only focused on the burgeoning areas of new media and social networking, but has created an innovative model defining the future of successful franchise property development, including Gaming, Internet, Mobile, Virtual worlds and Digital Media production. It wasn't until 1991 that Oedekerk was attached not only as a writer, but also as the protagonist, as Thane Furrows in the film High Strung. He doesn't seem to be active anywhere on the internet, I kind of just want good things for him. [47], On December 15, 2019, Odenkirk's alma mater SIU announced it had awarded him the honorary degree of Doctor of Performing Arts. Regarding his educational journey, Oedekerk attended Mater Dei High School in Santa Ana, California, and Golden West College in Huntington Beach. O Entertainment produced the Thumbs! Sadly, he lost his father on 15 February 2019. His feature directorial credits include the films Melvin Goes to Dinner (2003), Let's Go to Prison (2006), and The Brothers Solomon (2007). d: "YWxsc3RhcmJpby5jb20=", https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Oedekerk. $1.9 billion in worldwide box office, including such blockbusters as Similarly, he is also known for his work in the series of Thumbmation shorts and his film Kung Pow! Samm Levine Bio, Wiki, Net Worth, Girlfriend, Married, Age, Salary, Sarah Wroblewski Age, Career, Net Worth, Married, Children, Height, Benno Frmann Bio, Wiki, Wife, Girlfriend, Net Worth, & Height, Marko Jari Bio, Wiki, Age, Height, Wife & Net Worth. { That's a part of me that can never be driven out, this childlike element. It was later self-released in five cities, then distributed on DVD by Sundance. There is also no information about their childrens exact dates of birth. November 1961 in Los Angeles, USA) ist ein US amerikanischer Komiker, Filmregisseur, Filmproduzent, Drehbuchautor und Schauspieler. Oedekerk founded the entertainment company, O Entertainment in 1990. He produced their television series Tom Goes to the Mayor (20042006) and Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! Steven Brent Oedekerk was born on November 27, 1961, in Los Angeles, California, U.S. As he is private so there are no details when they got married, when they started dating and when and where they got married. The show's final sixth season, which started production in February 2020 but was delayed due to COVID-19, started airing on April 18, 2022. In 2014, Odenkirk played Police Chief Bill Oswalt in FX's miniseries Fargo. His ancestry includes German and Irish. He also did It was the first project of his production house's animation division, 'Omation Animation Studios,' established in 2002. turning hit animated feature films into long running hit television He is best known for his collaborations with Jim Carrey and Tom Shadyac, his "Thumbmation" shorts, and his film Kung Pow! Oedekerk is a Sagittarius who was born in Huntington Beach, California. The intent is a movie that anyone can sit down and enjoy. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/What%27s_Up,_Tiger_Lily%3F. That guy would be Steve Oedekerk, the writer/director/producer of Barnyard, which opens in theaters this week. Concentrate!" Lhamo yelled at the knocked-down nun, looking straight into her eyes outside a white washed temple in the Druk . He has appeared in and created several TV specials for NBC, ABC, and UPN. However, the studio took production control away from Cross and Odenkirk during the editing stages, and the pair disowned the final product. He had several small featuring roles on TV shows, including Everybody Loves Raymond, Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist, NewsRadio, Just Shoot Me!, Joey, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Arrested Development, Entourage, Weeds, and How I Met Your Mother. That's really what the storyline is ultimately about. Professionally, Steve Oedekerk is a stand-up comedian, actor, producer, director, editor, and screenwriter. So, it's a movie kids should really relate to. But I didn't lower the sights down in terms of the age of someone who could watch it; I didn't make a kiddy film. That's probably the level I would think that I'm at. Steve Oedekerk: It's alarmingly close! present) (2 children). Chicago. Likewise in 2007, he began production on a Nicktoon based on the film, Back at the Barnyard. And I think you'll see that in Barnyard, because even as Otis fights with his father, there's really a sense that they love each other.