Drinks were good and came quickly. Add a Comment. If you are looking for great Italian food this is your place. You can order delivery directly from STREGA Italiano Seaport using the Order Online button. MonThu 4:00 pm10:00 pm Located at 379 Hanover Street, Boston, Massachusetts, 02116. Never met him before but he was so engaging and got us in earlier than our reservation. Reels. This was our second time here, we drove from Springfield. I had a wonderful experience at Strega. Woburn: 781-933-3333. Homemade pastas, secret-recipe sauces, fresh focaccia and house-baked desserts. We walked down the street to the Tuscan Kitchen and it was amazing. 4 stars for food quality yet 3 stars for being extremely cost prohibitive. The food was very good, service was super. I had a wonderful experience at Strega. I have never had a bad meal at Strega. it was EXTREMELY LOUD to the point where youre screaming to talk. Im sure this one large party paid a lot of money which influenced why the staff bent over for them and not everyone else, but one of the most bizarre dining experiences Ive ever had. It was by far the worst experience EVER! We hope youll stay tuned for new features and developments at these fine restaurants! Dear Jonamarashi, thank you so much for writing and sharing your feedback! If you want a warm environment that values your dining experience and treats you like youre important, probably skip this place. Explore menu, see photos and read 889 reviews: "Delicious brunch and friendly, prompt service. Best Strega North End near me in Boston, Massachusetts. The service, food, and atmosphere we unmatched. We have a fully customized lunch and dinner menu to suit your needs and also offer alternative options featuring our vast wine list, specialty cocktails and hors doeuvres. Inquire about our catering opportunities at info@thestregagroup.com or call (617) 345-3992. The restaurant was white tablecloth and played heavy hip-hop music. I had the "That's Amore" which was a spicy vodka penne prepared tableside in a parmesan wheel. What they dont know is we travel often and will always return. The space is way too small for all Copyright 2023 OpenTable, Inc. 1 Montgomery St Ste 700, San Francisco CA 94104 - All rights reserved. What we got was just tomato sauce. By his own admission, Varano has single-handedly constructed a culinary empire. They made a point of confirming and over confirming the reservation. If you want a warm environment that values your dining experience and treats you like youre important, probably skip this place. Our waitress was great! My sausage and broccoli rabe had only three pea sized pieces of sausage and a strand of broccoli rabe. Dinner We live 2 1/2 hours away). Zuzana Parise-General Manager, STREGA Italiano SeaportResponded on November 5, 2022Dear Richard, thank you for sharing your feedback! They wouldnt accommodate the request despite have numerous empty tables available in a quieter part of the restaurant away from the bar. Never met him before but he was so engaging and got us in earlier than our reservation. The pasta was served room temperature and had a stale, gummy texture. Strega can be rented out for private functions. Upon amore. Book a reservation at Strega North End. We werent important enough for the owner. Find Out More Enjoy Strega From The Comfort Of Your Home Easily order curbside pickup & delivery through our partnership with DoorDash. For each no-show or cancellation four hours prior to your reservation time, a $50 per person charge is processed. It's a brand. Strega by Nick Varano Reservation LINK and more information Modern Italian Cuisine Boston's North End 617.523.8481 Dine-in/takeout. Very delightful,service was great! Im sure the food is good, but if you are looking for even a moderately quiet evening, I wouldnt go here. Manager's even came by to check in on us. Nutella-Stuffed, Strawberries, Godiva Whipped Ricotta, Maple Syrup, Grilled Multigrain, Capers, Cream Cheese, Pickled Shallots, Parsley, Avocado Toast, Hard-Boiled Eggs, Chili Pepper, Crispy Shallots, Roasted Tomatoes, Poached Eggs, English Muffin, Asparagus, Hollandaise, Poached Eggs, Smoked Salmon, Dill Hollandaise, Bolognese, Potato Hash, The entire experience from the food, music (Christmas music just loud enough), staff, all of it created a great Christmas experience. They were low enough that my head was at about butt-level, to the gentlemen standing between my table and the bar. Book now at North Italia - Reston in Reston, VA. We would have gone somewhere else but there were no available reservations close by and we were starving. Great food, though they rush you. Check out our menu to see more. Private party contact. Is Strega an experience? I will dine again and always use open table for my special occasion needs, Had a great first time at this Strega location! Love the drink trees. Heres our issue. The cleanliness and decor was beautiful and spotless. cast iron baked slow braised beef and pork rag mascarpone, seared sea scallops pancetta walnut and acorn squash risotto, Selection of Three | $19; Selection of Five | $30; Grand Board (full selection) | $59: with pear mostarda, honeycomb, marcona almonds, giardiniera, radicchio, frise, arugula, garbanzo beans, pomegranate, gorgonzola dolce, parmesan, toasted pine nuts, cherry tomatoes, lemon vinaigrette, baby leeks, foraged mushrooms, tomato brodo, calamari, shrimp, zucchini, fennel, calabrian aioli, beef and pork meatballs, signature pomodoro sauce, whipped ricotta, fresh basil, crispy potatoes, tonnato sauce, squid ink aioli, Your choice of: Fra Diavolo, calabrian chile, garlic; White Wine, lemon cream, prosciutto, broccoli rabe, anchovy vinaigrette, parmesan, white anchovy, soft poached egg, focaccia, stracciatella, prosciutto, roasted tomato, calabrian chile oil, littleneck clams, white wine and garlic sauce, calabrian chile, spaghetti, shrimp, clams, mussels, calamari, lemon garlic brodo, cast iron baked, slow braised beef and pork rag, mascarpone, sweet italian sausage, broccoli rabe, pecorino romano, calabrian chile, seared sea scallops, pancetta, walnut and acorn squash risotto, braised oxtail, caramelized onion, bone marrow risotto, wild boar and tomato rag, parmigiano reggiano, Your choice of: Milanese, crispy potatoes, arugula, tomato, pickled onion; Parmesan, tomato, mozzarella, spaghetti, maine lobster tail, shrimp, mussels, clams, calamari, tomato brodo, prosciutto-wrapped cod, pesto baby potatoes, tomato crema, tomatoes, olives, anchovies, capers, garlic, sicilian olive oil, basil, 14 oz, broccoli rabe, creamy polenta, barolo reduction, Reviews can only be made by diners who have eaten at this restaurant, STREGA Italiano SeaportResponded on November 5, 2022Thank you very much for your feedback, it's important to us. At $39 per person, they offer up a. Food was bland and tasted terrible. It was the thickest, heaviest, stickiest pasta Ive ever had. Small restaurant, noisy and uncomfortable. Instead, You will be transformed into a dining experience that will take you back to Italy. Zuzana Parise-General Manager, STREGA Italiano SeaportResponded on November 2, 2022Thank you for writing and sharing your feedback! I shouldve gone to Tresca. Please give us a call at 617-345 3992 at your convenience. Join us on Tuesday nights for Street Magic! Book now at North Italia - Plano in Plano, TX. North End. roasted cauliflower & tomatoes, caper pine nut sauce, crispy shrimp, cannellini beans, pancetta, Give our All-Italian a try when you come to brunch at Strega! Our dinner at Strega was beautiful and the service was outstanding. Food was just okay. Our dedicated staff is committed to helping you host your next Private Event. He was probably exhausted - I get it - but it impacts the experience. If you are going to demand i be on time or loss the reservation (and I respect that), then respect me and get us seated around my reservation time (and it was a table for 2 so not a big party). Nowhere did I see anyone have a cocktail tree but they advertise that they do it - I dont know how it could even fit on our table if they did offer it. My best friend and I loved having a girls date night here! It was a packed house. The menu they had published for this restaurant was out of date by almost 5 years. Offering a delicious selection of Italian food and drink, Strega is located on historic Hanover Street right here in the North End! The meal was okay but way over priced. MBTA Blue LineAquarium, Government CenterMBTA Orange LineHaymarket Station. There were people openly vaping in the restaurant. Will definitely be back! The server spilt a considerable amount of water in one of our meals and did not replace the meal. The space is way too small for all MonSat 4:00 pm11:00 pm, Strega can be rented out for private functions. MIAMI - When the New England Patriots were eliminated by the Tennessee Titans in the 2020 NFL playoffs, it seemed like there wouldn't be much to care about for Bostonians when Super Bowl LIV eventually rolled around BOSTON - It seems like All-Star selections happen in twos for the local New England sports teams. crispy artichoke, marinated heirloom tomatoes, All of these smaller issues wouldnt matter to us all but treat us like paying customers. We currently only take reservations online using Yelp Reservations. Server comes and we order drinks and the apps since I figured this could get dicey with his attentiveness. At Strega Italiano, we believe in food with heart, made with love from recipes handed down from generations past. Best, Updated on 3/14/2022 at 6:21 PM. catch a glimpse at why-are-they-even-famous glitterati tucking into plates of fettucini carbonara while blissfully pretending not to notice your open mouth. We try to come once a year. Search. Trying to take selfies with them and flirting. I would recommend Strega to anyone looking for a fun night out with excellent food and service. 1) Themore, American (Traditional)ItalianWine Bars$$$$Back Bay, I even I bought a new shirt for Strega. If you have questions or need more information, feel free to give us a call at 617-523-8481. Read reviews and book now. Food was pretty good but pricier and in general - not worth it based on the experience mentioned above. Make a reservation with us at Strega by Nick Varano. Came to Strega for a cute date night but the food was mostly average quality and not worth the bill. I got the everything but the bagel and it was one small piece of avocado toast. We found two seats at the bar and ate there. Drinks were great and food (Cacio E Pepe and Wild Bore Gnocci we ordered were fantastic!). We then ordered entrees which included a wine pairing. Excellent food and service! When you walk into Strega you are immediately welcomed with a smile! $1, $2, & $3 Food Deals W/ A Medium Coffee. Strega es un restaurante italiano moderno del North End. Very disappointed in the service and food. Food was pretty good but pricier and in general - not worth it based on the experience mentioned above. Contact info@thevaranogroup.com for information. MonSat 16:0023:00, Strega can be rented out for private functions. Strega can be rented out for private functions. Strega 686 Italian $$$North End This is a placeholder "Epic Fail! Extremely loud and bad mixed drinks, I wouldnt recommend this place for a date night - I could barely here my date talk. MAKE A RESERVATION One of Zagat's Best Italian Restaurants in Boston Deep within the aromatic enclave of Boston's "Italian Restaurant Row", our famed chef is prepping for tonight's performance. I'd encourage Bricco to expand their non-seafood options so I can bring my wife here again. Meats & Cheeses, ricotta, San Marzano Aug 16, 2022. STREGA - 447 Photos & 722 Reviews - 379 Hanover St, Boston, MA - Yelp Restaurants Home Services Auto Services Strega 723 reviews Claimed $$$ Italian Edit Open 4:00 PM - 11:30 PM Hours updated over 3 months ago See hours See all 449 photos Write a review Add photo Menu View full menu Lobster Ravioli 13 Photos 39 Reviews Chilean Sea Bass Thank you for joining us, and we hope to see you back soon. Your email address will not be published. This was our second time here, we drove from Springfield. Our server, Gian, was attentive without being intrusive. Dinner Location. Our sincerest appreciation and gratitude go out to you our guests for the support and loyalty you have shown over the years, especially our regulars who have become like family. What they dont know is we travel often and will always return. Boston Massachusetts United States of America North America Place. Dublin-based Danu Partners, which also recently purchased the Smith & Wollensky chain (another Boston-based tribute to inexplicable crassness), announced recently that both entities will be operated by a newly formed hospitality firm, the Medford-based PPX Hospitality Brands. Contact info@thevaranogroup.com for information, MBTA Blue Line

Aquarium, Government Center

MBTA Orange Line

Haymarket Station. Zuzana Parise-General Manager. The Cioppino was disappointing. Great food in a unique setting. I highly recommend the lamb chops and chicken parm dishes, both were delicious! From high-end Italian cuisine to comfort food and more, support the women making their mark in Vegas' best kitchens. I was mid conversation when I was told we had to leave as our 90 minutes was up. Sun 5:00 pm11:00 pm Strega was recommended to me by a co-worker in Cincinnati. Trying to take selfies with them and flirting. Highly recommend this restaurant. Owner went over to the new patrons and was so kind and we were ignored. Literally if youre planning to actually eat for brunch dont even bother. She was very proud, and it made me proud to make her proud. Staff accommodated my gluten allergy without any issues. We were very excited to try Strega Waterfront but this was such a disappointing experience. Lunch Carmelina's 3007 This isnt to say the food is negligible at Strega. If you like to discuss further, please don't hesitate to contact me at 617-345 3992 Food was ok but the atmosphere was so offensive. Went with a group of friends to celebrate a birthday and we were all very happy! Some of our brunch menu options include: Our nut-free banana bread is baked with chocolate chips and is always delicious. No specials, recommendations, anything - almost sighing every time he addressed our table. A little farther down the street on Hanover, but worth it. Reviews. He also chose a great wine for us at a reasonable price. sherry vinaigrette, romaine hearts, house caesar The servers were on top of it and the man-assuming the brunch manager- was EVERYTHING. An immersive empire, where diners pay high prices to bask in a megalomaniacal vision based more on glitz and artifice than on a deep-rooted connection with food. Easily order curbside pickup & delivery through our partnership with DoorDash. Yes, you can generally book this restaurant by choosing the date, time and party size on OpenTable. Most likely will not return or recommend. Boston. The servers were on top of it and the man-assuming the brunch manager- was EVERYTHING. Definitely dont take a date or any family. Our Caesars salads had limp romaine and saturated with dressing. Zuzana Parise-General Manager. Call us at 617-523-8481 to make a reservation today! Sat 4:00 pm11:00 pm They dont warn you that its gonna be a 45 minute wait to be seated and you cant sit at the bar to get a drink considering its 5 stools. I got the everything but the bagel and it was one small piece of avocado toast. Offering a delicious selection of Italian food and drink, Strega is located on historic Hanover Street right here in the North End! Yes, you can generally book this restaurant by choosing the date, time and party size on OpenTable. At this point and ad for Applebees came on the TV and I was drooling at the chicken finger app. Great food, though they rush you. 8:15pm reservation Friday night and we werent sat until 9:05pm - poor time management, especially given they explicitly say 90 minute dining limit. The food was good, standard Italian, but nothing extraordinary. Spent my brunch getting bumped in my seat while trying to eat my mediocre food. Highly recommend this restaurant. Image via Yelp/Chris W. Please give us a call at 617-345 3992 at your convenience. La Famiglia Giorgio's for massive plates of traditional Italian. Strega - North End Price range: $31 to $50 via @Streganorthend on Instagram Strega is infamous for its amazing food, celebrity clientele, and party-like dining experience. The food was good, which was a saving grace. Strega cream sauce, Italian sausage, white beans, broccoli rabe, garlic, Chef's signature spicy alla vodka prepared table-side in our parmesan wheel Although food and service was great, Expensive meal compared to other competitors. We told a staff member and he wasnt at all surprised and said hes heard its a problem! Sun 4:00 pm10:00 pm The chaotic energy they are trying to have. Our table was so close to the table beside us we couldn't hear ourselves speak. The Dish is a weekly guide to five things in the local restaurant and bar scene that. Really small but its the north end so every place is like that. But youve got to hand it to Strega owner Nick Varano. Neighborhood. The chicken parm as well seemed low quality however because the chicken got its flavor from the cheese and not from good flavored breading or seasoning. It's right around the corner from me and a true gem. What did people search for similar to strega north end in Boston, MA? Strega North End is rated 4.2 stars by 3048 OpenTable diners. My son and I both agreed it was one of the best dinners we have ever had. Its the type of restaurant that relies on name prestige or celebrity visits to keep it popular. He said, oh the wine and rushed away. Enjoy a refreshment with your brunch! About. I have addressed your concerns with our culinary and service teams to ensure that these issues are resolved. I was mid conversation when I was told we had to leave as our 90 minutes was up. I'll be going back very soon!!! Cucmber Vodka, Cake Vodka, Creme de Cacao, Specialty Donut Hole, Vanilla Vodka, Baileys, Kahlua, Strega by Nick Varano Claimed Review Save Share 551 reviews #186 of 1,632 Restaurants in Boston $$ - $$$ Italian Vegetarian Friendly Vegan Options 379 Hanover St, Boston, MA 02113-1907 +1 617-523-8481 Website Menu Closed now : See all hours See all (94) Ratings and reviews 4.0 551 RATINGS Food Service Value Atmosphere Details PRICE RANGE $31 - $80 We hope to see you here soon. It was a top notch dinner. Explore menu, see photos and read 3043 reviews: "There are so many other places you can go in the north end to get excellent Italian food and this one isn't worth it. Thank you very much for your feedback, it's important to us. The restaurant has dim lighting, the sides are enough to share. I like Strega in the North End and Toro in the South End. I had the Cioppino and it was excellent! grapefruit, Cirtus Vodka, Orange Juice, Splash of Prosecco, House-Made Bloody Mary Mix, North End is also Boston proper. Best, Only to be out played by the food. BOSTON - Strega, its synonymous with the North End for all the wrong reasons. Sat, Sun 11:00 am2:30 pm My co-worker is a Boston native. Nico's is a great find in the North End. We went to Strega to celebrate our anniversary. Apps were good but dinners were not. Experience was great and food was even better!! Boston Tourism Boston Hotels Boston Bed and Breakfast Boston Vacation Rentals Boston Vacation Packages Flights to Boston Strega by Nick Varano; Things to Do in Boston The manager apologized and changed it to 80s pop. Overall, overpriced and overrated. Strega North End By Erin Kuschner June 25, 2021 Wondering what to eat and drink in Boston this weekend? fresh squeezed orange, pineapple, Make that twelve, if you count his entry into the legalized gambling experience. Required fields are marked *. Really uncomfortable all around. Videos Tagged. Best, MBTA Silver Line 1 or 2 to the Waterfront (free transfer from Red Line) and take to Courthouse station.MBTA bus route 4, Banquet, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Cocktails, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Options, Indoor Fireplace, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine. No one even told the other diners that there was a rat under their table, they just quietly said they were going to get the trap. Also left my credit card after paying went back and the restaurant said it was not there. Make a reservation with us at Strega North End by clicking the link below! Was a cold night and the door kept opening letting in a cold draft but not much can be done about that. The music was offensive with swear words and degrading language to women. I had only been here once and was sat outside previously so I didnt realize how loud it was inside. After all, being an Italian-inspired restaurant, it makes sense we offer a brunch dish that has two sunny-side eggs, home fries, sausage, and crispy pancetta. Waiter was rude, short with us, didn't come back and ask us how we were doing. 8:15pm reservation Friday night and we werent sat until 9:05pm - poor time management, especially given they explicitly say 90 minute dining limit. The food was good, standard Italian, but nothing extraordinary. Nice venue and very attentive staff. My meal was fine before hers arrived. Didnt feel relaxed. Literally if youre planning to actually eat for brunch dont even bother. It honestly felt like a club. My meal was correct and my girlfriends wasnt. They did move us, but it took a few extra minutes. At first it was very loud due to a large party, but once they left it was better. Book a reservation with us by calling 617-523-8481 or visit our website here. Owner, Nick Varano, can often be seen dining with the likes of famous DJs, influencers, athletes, and celebrities. Music was fun but extremely loud to the point where you have to scream across the table to talk to one another. It was running around inside the dining room! We werent important enough for the owner. Service was OK - our server wasnt friendly, he was direct and wanted our order and thats it. He was probably exhausted - I get it - but it impacts the experience. don't eat here! No Italian music. Nowhere did I see anyone have a cocktail tree but they advertise that they do it - I dont know how it could even fit on our table if they did offer it. Also, the bald waiter I think his name was Patrick is annoying. Turned into a nightclub and filled with loud jersey shore kids. Spices are smashed together. star anise maple syrup, toasted pine nuts, yellowtail tuna, lemon oil, sea salt, Very suspicious to me. Zuzana Parise-General Manager. Food was bland and tasted terrible. Strega North End Restaurants Italian North End The North End does it up for Thanksgiving, and Strega on Hanover Street is no different. Last Updates. Food was ok but the atmosphere was so offensive. Awful theyll be closed soon with so many other options around, Thank you for writing and sharing your feedback! Veal, Mushroom, Parmigiano, Marinara, When our waiter brought her meal out he never asked why my meal was gone. Turned into a nightclub and filled with loud jersey shore kids. You will not find your run of the mill red sauce Italian American restaurant food here. Paid 40 bucks for parking formore, ItalianWine BarsAmerican (Traditional)$$$Waterfront, My boyfriend and I are frequent patrons of Strega Prime in Woburn, so it should go without sayingmore, I'd go as far as to say that it stands out in the North End and isn't your typical North Endmore, There are so many options in North End that I don't think this was worth the wait.more, Better than Strega but it'll probably cost you a few additional dollars.more, It was between this place and Strega, I think. Cute place. Located at Fan Pier in Boston's beautiful Seaport District, Strega Italiano Seaport is certainly Boston's foremost dining destination, with oceanfront views of the Boston Harbor, dazzling interiors and an expansive patio making for the perfect ambiance. North End. Very lacking bar for spirits. All of these smaller issues wouldnt matter to us all but treat us like paying customers. We were in the middle of eating our entrees and cut our evening short. The music was so loud our ears hurt when we left. Strega in the north end had a pretty good one. See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for Stregas locations in Randolph, MA.