Altogether, the circuit of alternating temperatures is both invigorating and relaxing. The facility also has a small refreshment area with waters. The Spa After a day of exploration or a relaxing day at sea, indulge in The Spa, a soothing sanctuary of Nordic wellness. (They even cut up my banana for me). The fumes issue also prevented them from offering hair coloring services, although they did offer hair cuts and a hair/scalp conditioning treatment which was great. Feel at one with the sea in an infinity pool while gliding to your next port. See this sample 2021 bar menu (Viking Ocean) for details. You could try asking for a refund for this. Offering menus with regional influences and locally sourced goods, we have just returned from a Viking Homelands itinerary on Viking Jupiter and have put together this Viking Ocean Cruises Restaurant Guide complete with menus. Im not much of a coffee drinker but Ive been told by my friends that I was sailing with that the coffee was really good. It offers a large studio for classes and a room that is filled with cardio equipment and weight-training machines, as well as a couple benches with light dumbbells. Between them, theyve traveled to all 7 continents. An extensive room service menu is available around the clock. Continue reading to get the complete list of dinner menus from the main dining room. At our onboard cooking school, experience firsthand how our ships world-class chefs bring distinct, local flavors from market to table. Please consider subscribing! The spa on Viking Sky is all about relaxation and revitalization. We have just returned from a Viking Homelands itinerary and have put together this Viking Ocean Cruises Restaurant Guide, showcasing the regional influences on the menus in all the casual and upscale dining venues. 464K subscribers In this video, I'll show you what's so special about the spa on a Viking Ocean cruise ship. Viking Ocean Cruises dining options are varied and truly offer something for every taste. I've searched, but cannot find a menu of spa services. Were not wine snobs, but we like good wine and we found the destination wines were good. Rates are $150 USD p.p. I sailed on the ship during its first Caribbean Connections voyage. You also can try the sauna, steam room, experience shower, snow grotto (yes, snowflakes fall on you in this chilled room) and the cold bucket dump room. Viking Ocean Cruises bar prices average about $5.50 to $8.00 for hard liquor (e.g., a whiskey or Grand Marnier). Below is the food from the Chefs table Asian tasting menu. Thanks so much for the excellent and detailed information - very helpful!! A unique aspect of this restaurant is the open-kitchen. Ever wondered how the mainstream cruise lines compare? Aboard your ship, there are wonders to enjoy. These items are all cooked to order and are available for lunch or a mid-afternoon snack. CC Help Jenn A midnight snack? During its first season, Octantis delivered cruisers to the highly sought-after destinations of Antarctica and Great Lakes in style. Regional cuisine, always available classics and the most al fresco dining at sea. And I like not having to think about it when I pull out my sea card. Copyright 19952023 The Independent Traveler, Inc. Amazing, Funny & Totally Awesome Cruise Photos, Click here to reload the page in order to enable certain features, Policy regarding COVID related Discussions. How much should you tip? Wines vary from time to time and on different cruises. I have written a full diary/guide of my time onboard. You can ask the chef to accommodate the menu for food allergies and preferences. A lighter lunch is served in the lounge. I managed to send photos and update my Twitter, Instagram and Facebook without any problems. This is making me nervous. American Queen Voyages Treat them like Loyalty The overall price of $339/pp for the booze package seems pretty fair. Your email address will not be published. They do have restaurants which are alternative which definitely would be speciality on other cruise lines. Phone: 1.800.377.9383 International: 001.240.487.0155 Fax: 1.240.487.0154. Traveling onboard Viking Ocean Cruises latest Viking Sky this week, Im reminded of how wonderful its spa facilities are. This venue, named after Ragnhild "Mamsen" Hagen, was designed to evoke all the pleasures of Norwegian culture, as well as authentic Scandinavian fare. Oh: And just out the curiosity: Is the World Cafe buffet more or less crustacean based than the Restaurant? As long as they took you there and back safely, they had served the basic purpose for travel to visit remote and adventurous places. On most other cruise lines you have to pay for bottled water or buy it as part of a package. The only Viking Star dining option with an additional charge is the Kitchen Table experience. LauraS Viking Ocean Cruises started in 2015. If youre in the UK and you book a Viking cruise return flights from the UK will be included. I was amazed by the number of things that were included in the cruise that cost extra on other cruise lines. Even better, you can request your own combos. Or perhaps youd like to try different premium wines. 8614 Westwood Center Drive, Suite 800, Tysons, VA 22182 In every port, there is an excursion included with your cruise. Another Lunch menu. She is always looking for the latest and greatest adventures onboard and ashore, enjoys researching top things to do in ports of call, and loves dressing up for formal nights. Bottled water is available at no extra charge, both in your cabin and around the ship. Care to enjoy a quiet dinner in the comfort of your stateroom? I love being able to wander off with my tea so this was appreciated! If you are considering a Viking cruise, you may be wondering what is included in the cruise fare. Its been pretty good and you can use it on as many devices as youd like at the same time. Award-winning travel writers, we share our expert travel advice and tips here on our top-ranking luxury travel blog welcoming 3.6 million readers annually. Costs for the upgraded drinks package on the river cruises also vary, depending on the length of the river cruise. For a relaxed lunch or afternoon snack, the Pool Grill serves casual fare prepared to order. You will be able to leave a comment after signing in, By Inspired by the outdoor area on the lines river ships, the destination is your backdrop while you lounge around the infinity pool or snack on some treats from the buffet. Kick back, socialize with some new friends, and enjoy treats like finger sandwiches and scones along with a wide selection of tea. August 11, 2017. It wasnt good enough for video really but it was okay for making WhatsApp/Skype calls without the video part. (There are an additional 15+ choices for sweet wine, port and champagne.). And, second, how much do you think youll drink? Contact usWork with usDisclosure + Privacy PolicyGoogle web stories. The Viking Cruise drink package is available on both the ocean and river cruises. . I, nor my wife, drink wine or beer, so basically we just gave Viking $398 for nothing. By On some cruise lines, you have to buy those pods! This all-inclusive drinks package is available on both the ocean and river cruises. I am hoping dining will be a little easier with Viking. Yes, I've had my account set up for several months and I did see those massage offerings when I was searching for information. Food: World Cafe on Viking Ocean Cruises For World Cafe meals, bypass the buffet crowd at the start and go directly to the middle of the hot food section and check out the chef's specials. To get an idea what it is like to cruise with Viking click here: Viking Sea: Into the midnight sun. I honestly, had little idea what to make of the new massage and cupping combination beforehand, but it turned out to be one of the better treatments Ive ever had. Viking Oceans offers a spa in the Nordic tradition. Travel Agent, 19 Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts with the Finest Dining The total cost varies according to the length of the ocean cruise. Home / Cruises / Viking Cruise Bar Menu: Everything You Want to Know! No problem. Viking Cruises In case you get hungry in between meals, there are also quite a few spots for snacking, including Mamsen's, which offers Nordic waffles with fresh toppings in the mornings and evenings and the Pool Grill, where late lunches are available in case you return from an excursion after lunchtime hours. With live cooking, an open kitchen and premium sushi/seafood choices, the World Caf provides a vibrant interactive experience and a wide range of international flavors. The technique really worked out a lot of muscle kinks that had not been fully soothed before. At lunch and dinner, house wine is complimentary. For enquiries, please contact us on: info@rdespas.com, GET IN TOUCH LauraS However, the cost of Canadian Club Whiskey is $8.00 for 4 CL (~1.4 oz) and the cost of Vermouth (Martini & Rossi Sweet) is $5.00 for 6 CL. Cruise lines wont tell you this, but I will. The main function of expedition ships historically speaking was to get you to the worlds most fascinating and far-flung destinations. This site has affiliate links. Hotel & Resort, Copyright 2023 Northstar Travel Media, LLC. Viking Sea, into the midnight sun (Norway 2018). Our first Viking cruise was a two-week ocean cruise on the Viking Star in the Baltic. I was told the first night that it would be available later but that never happened. The restaurant stored the wine for me, and the server retrieved it each night. Whats a Morocco cruise like? 0 (That is, on the Viking Ocean bar menu; the river cruises have different bar prices.). It consisted of a detailed trim and scalp massage, which I found to be quite enjoyable at the salon extension. The latter were good with gf pasta but there was always a need to triple check with the waiters before accepting that any food was gf. Does Viking do something similar for those purchasing a bottle? Lets have a look at the spa and gym and why cruisers will love these amenities while cruising on Viking Octantis. Unlike many other cruise lines, the Viking Ocean Cruise alcohol policy is much more liberal. On Viking, you have the option to upgrade your cruise by buying the Viking Silver Spirits premium beverage package. Use down arrow key to expand the menu and up arrow key to collapse the menu and hit enter to select the link. This most recent voyage was a 10-day Caribbean cruise on the Viking Sea (from New York to San Juan, Puerto Rico). I am used to cruising on cruise lines where they have room service but it is often a very small menu or you have to pay for it. That cost is $7.50 USD on Viking Cruises drinks menu. Choose from our Viking Burger, Seared Ahi Tuna and much more. Related Post: Whats Included on Viking Ocean Cruises. Viking Ocean Cruises bar prices average about $5.50 to $8.00 for hard liquor (e.g., a whiskey or Grand Marnier). The ship was absolutely gorgeous and the atmosphere onboard was so relaxing. With a wide array of international flavors, you can choose your favorites from the deli, pasta station, sushi bar, and more. These dining options, alongside the excellent service and familiar relaxing spaces like The Living Room, Explorers Lounge and Aquavit Terrace, make Viking Octantis feel special enough. Cruising Morocco | Snake Charmers? Star Clippers | See the bar menu and drinks prices on Star Clippers. These . Was this information useful? Viking River Cruise Silver Spirits Package: Viking Cruises - Are You a First Time River Cruiser? Take in works by Scandinavian artists or relish MET Under the Stars, live performances by the Metropolitan Opera. This FREE guide shows you everything you need to know to find your perfect cruise line. This venue also offers coffee and tea 24 hours a day. Gratuities | Whats the deal with cruise gratuities? And the waiters served them the same professional way in the restaurant as the ships wines, even popping the white in an ice bucket. So we stuck with the free wine, which was as good as the $8/glass wine, then I had $400 to spend for before/after dinner drinks. Did we like the premium wines better than the complimentary wines? endstream endobj 59 0 obj <>>> endobj 60 0 obj <>/ExtGState<>/Font<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text]>>/Rotate 0/TrimBox[0.0 0.0 612.0 792.0]/Type/Page>> endobj 61 0 obj <>stream %%EOF During a multicourse tasting, they pour select vintages and serve thoughtfully prepared dishes made for each other. W;U5KR^arhJk~,\5M&W:;[`5N3fv]3"c;hT 's^e4J{["Mfz2&0M8F^uUj|0Vh?09l:xa'{[7n/ucX&BWJ+y^v{YvSqS[fiz'Q7p\Hlk:1O `=+~B546PA=:085F SSk:?>['|.bLj4h3OKnHH[+79Q~~/a}UC&{8TF?xe}7jpKMGa%U)tnoURj5IA$(? F`6kb#6kaY.y,JbbqL`R25I>$(d%aznm"Hyf7(p;b1F)?guKZ$L*()Md$J%@cS9Z2^-+G. Thank you @dwlmg. Yes, a room in the suite where it literally snows all day long. The Restaurant has open seating during set times for breakfast and dinner. hbbd``b`:$KAD`0`AP@,iz $vg`bd8 d100b%3. ` ' Maybe I'm missing something. Then pin it for others to find too! Ocean cruising reinvented. Read more All Inclusive Viking proudly includes all that you need and nothing you do not. Viking Ocean Cruises is known for its no nickel-and-diming philosophy. Have you set up the My Viking Journey yet? Viking Cruises offers complimentary room service 24 hours a day on all ocean ships. What do you think? - Oceans in Context. Follow our social media and blog for the latest cruise and travel news, including our best vacation deals. The "premium wines" at $8 were in no way premium - probably $8 or $10/bottle at a grocery store. Viking Cruises Offers Incredible Spa Amenities for Cruisers on Viking Octantis, sailed on the ship during its first Caribbean, Viking cruisers have come to love on the river and ocean, ship apart from most of its fellow expedition cruise lines, suite that is open all day long and included in your cruise, Margaritaville Takes Paradise to the High Seas, Working on a Cruise Ship vs. Vacationing on a Cruise Ship, Norwegian Cruise Line Announces 2023 Meet the Winemakers Series, Seabourn Announces 2024-2025 Expedition Voyages. Travelers who appreciate history and culture. 301 Route 17 N, Suite 1150, Rutherford, NJ 07070 USA | Telephone: (201) 902-2000, Last updated: 02:43 PM ET, Mon August 14 2017, Vikings Cruise Showers are the New Gold Standard, More than Third Times the Charm for Viking. My husband rarely drinks wine, and there is no way I am going to finish a bottle in one night on my own. Some cruise lines offer free breakfast room service but very few have a menu as big as Vikings. If anyone has a copy and would be willing to post it, that would be lovely. Beverage packages are quite popular on cruises (see, for example, our article on Holland America Lines drink packages). A glass of house white or red wine from the bar is 5 Euros. Located next to the hair salon and large fitness centre, The Spa menu was extensive, and enticing. Or perhaps breakfast in bed? This afternoon treat is accompanied by classical music from resident musicians and panoramic views. And of course, it plainly states that it does not cover bottles. My cup of tea seen below in the winter garden. Note:Like with the ocean cruises, both guests in the stateroom have to get the package. I've searched, but cannot find a menu of spa services. I enjoyed breakfast room service which came promptly at the time I requested. No charge for beer & wine with lunch & dinner No charge for alternative restaurants No charge for Wi-Fi No charge for use of launderettes No entrance fee for The Spa No spa sales pressure No inside staterooms No smoking No waiting in lines No formal nights, butlers or white gloves No nickel and diming For lunch and dinner, look for fresh prawns, steaks, pasta entrees, and more. Fitness Opening hours: 6am to 10pm. On Hawaiian Islands Sojourn your Viking Resident Historian is delivering the following iconic lectures: - Explorers: The Age of Discovery. I am a gin martini person (not super picky as to brand) and DH likes whiskies, also not picky as to the brand and open to trying new things. Want to buy a special bottle of wine ashore and bring it onboard to drink in the restaurant at dinner? Patrick Clarke, How Smart Payments Can Help Alleviate Future Travel Chaos For the first time in my life, I HAVE EATEN FROM THE CRUISE SHIP MINI BAR! This venue also offers coffee and tea 24 hours a day. Its a heated pool that stretches the entire length of the large thermal suite that is open all day long and included in your cruise fare. Around the room, the complex has a series of experiences that make this a full-service spa. During this post, I will detail everything included in your cruise fare and explain a little about how it works/my experience with it. This is certainly the most complete guide I've seen. Note: For premium wines, only those wines that are available by the glass are included in the package (about half the wines). On other cruise lines, I have been able to buy a bottle of premium wine at dinner one night, enjoy a glass or two, and then enjoy it again the next night or two. I was invited by Viking to join them on a portion of their Into the Midnight Sun cruise and was blown away by the ship and the itinerary. Reservations can be made online in advance of the sailing or once onboard the ship (though selection might already be limited). @l-mz6d W.Md@K~XHT/cJF/*cq"cK+>e[r{g?KuxsRYk6;|ypr&{T:vycJ3emE6&$m01}2,:A7M5C(o!rK1A\w93ctT~5\8S1U|S@Mqt4 eEaI),%kvE vsd s9NmE;9G465 Oyg>/Uf+. Do you think I have the right to ask for my money back? Heidi is a physical therapist by profession, cruise enthusiast at heart, and Princess all the time! The WiFi signal was actually pretty good. However, I'm looking for other detailed information on manicures for my sister, specifically gel manicures. Of course, the LivNordic spa also has treatments available a la carte, and its collections can even be extended with extras as well. Salmon Quesadilla. The thalassotherapy poolreally one of three pools onboardis a great place for a prolonged soak. The main attraction is the thermal suite within the spa, and it's a heavenly. River cruises | Discover the worlds best river cruises and river ships. That would be 5 a night (+/-). Viking Ocean Search for the Northern Lights on the Viking Venus Review with Lots of Photos and Menus Search for the Northern Lights on the Viking Venus Review with Lots of Photos and. Please double-check things like opening hours before you go. As you can imagine, the snow roomis quite the body rush before relocating to warmer weather. Then the Viking Silver Spirits package might be for you. American Queen Voyages, Reserve select Europe and Egypt sailings with AmaWaterways Not sure what to do? Forums. John Roberts is a freelance travel writer and operator of InTheLoopTravel.com. We had a shipboard credit on both our cruises, so we could try some of these premium wines. LivNordic Spa & Wellness is a treat to the senses, and much of the venue is remarkablyfree of charge. The cost for the Viking Silver drinks package is $19.95 USD per night per guest. However, it's the LivNordic Spa and Fitness Center that truly sets the ship apart from most of its fellow expedition cruise lines. In each of the changing rooms, a dry sauna and chilled plunge pool introduce guests to the nordic bathing ritual. In other words, if it is open you can go when you like and dine with whom you like. All the excursions that we took were mostly by coach but there were plenty of opportunities to get off and admire the views/walk around. There is also a sushi counter where there may be some crustacean products. premium wine and alcohol pairings at theChefs Table restaurant for the five-course Scandinavian dinner. Or the fresh German Reisling you could buy in Koblenz for sipping on your balcony. The Pool Grill is your poolside venue serving up classic favorites like hamburgers, hot dogs, and fries for you to enjoy while lounging by the pool. Powered by Invision Community. Luxury Shared E-Boat Cruise with Wine, Charcuterie & Sea Lions Spotting 3 Wine Tours from $119.00 per adult VW Bus Wine Tour 262 from $625.00 per group (up to 1) The Ultimate Los Angeles Tour - Full Day LA Sightseeing Tour On Electric Bike 265 E-Bike Tours from $175.00 per adult 2022 BEST SELLER hU]o6bh)YdN&k9I;d4%i[^:8$q&&c&`R L&,R&S&Y2kF:WKz:e,.nHIIkxr9;rHq'pf We did find the midnight sun and it was GORGEOUS. )gws8Z6,[i8xan~534}eC L Prior to going into the spa, we had taken part in the blue nose ceremony which is a ceremony where you jump into a pool filled with ice. Chocolate mousse with bananas. Located aft on deck 2, this venue offers upscale dining and a menu with regional influences. Hot dog on Viking River Cruises. Menu Onboard Jam Step into Mamsen's in the Explorers' Lounge onboard Viking's ocean ships. In short, our mission is to infuse heart into the cruise ship spa industry. Weve now returned from our second Viking cruise. This ceremony takes place when you enter or leave the arctic circle. You may use your Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. We are trying to decide whether the SS package is worth it for us. Menus do change, especially the Chef's Table, as there are a number of new ones being offered now. See all Silver Spirits river cruise drinks rates here(for guests booking via a US order form). The sommeliers and culinary masters at The Chefs Table create the perfect pairing of food and wine. V kJ)S!2`# I see that there's a price "limit" for glasses of premium wine covered by the package (in other words, the package covers up to X amount, and the passenger pays for the excess). In 2014 Raison dEtre started integrating its own spa brand LivNordic, which included the very first sea faring snow grotto,exclusively on Viking Ocean Cruise Ships. Copyright 1994 2023 The Cruise Web, Inc. Free quotes. And; if it is not asking too much: On another subject: Given the fact that I'm not a drinker for medical reasons: Do they have any non alcoholic cocktails at the bars? The badestamp room has a deep and large warm tub with inset seating and an open window that lets in fresh air. However, if you prefer cocktails or premium spirits, you . Viking's oceangoing vessels are filled with wide-open decks and plenty of windows to let in ocean vistas. Princess Cruises Is Offering 40 Percent Off, $100 Deposits for Carnival Cruise Line Expanding with Longer Cruises from Galveston, Scenic Eclipse II Successfully Completes Sea Trials, NCL's Next Prima-Class Ships Will Be Bigger & Greener. Viking Ocean Cruises offers more inclusive drink options than most contemporary cruise lines. Related Post: Viking Jupiter Cruise Review. We'll see. You can also sit on the loungers along the pool that place you in perfect view of the passing scenery and sunsets. The all-inclusive nature of the cruise line means that all of the restaurants onboard the ship are included in the price of the cruise fare, including specialty restaurants and room service. This one's a head-scratcher for us, but we doubt Viking is "nickeling and diming" on the alcohol in the Manhattans :-). 1 champagne & sparkling wine viking sparkling wine 75 cl $25.00 gls 15 cl $5.50 prosecco casa burti 75 cl $35.00 . All views and opinions are my own! Viking Hair Salon We are booked on the Viking Sea, but imagine that the services would be the same as on the Viking Star. I would normally never consider paying for the items in the mini bar, instead viewing the mini bar as just a fridge. Guest Author, Discover the Animals of Panama on World Wildlife Day Id be so disappointed if we cant even try these places out. Aliso Viejo, CA. But some of the complimentary wines were just delightful too like the Sacchetto Pino Grigio Blush (paired with the gazpacho on the Sweet and Salty five-course menu at the Chefs Table). Raison dEtre offers a fresh approach to spa and wellness experiences at sea with a focus on developing people and services to allow guests to reach the most authentic level of their personal wellbeing through the creative concepts we create and relationships we inspire. 80 0 obj <>stream Whether you unwind in the Sauna, refresh in the Snow Grotto or work out in the Fitness Center, you will feel recharged and revitalized. And surely, if I wanted to splurge on such a Viking cruise, the waiters/waitresses would be quite knowledgeable about their menus and no problems at that front. The vessel can hold up to 930 guests, ensuring a comfortable experience with a small passenger to crew ratio. LivNordic Spa, Viking Ocean Cruises . With an overwhelming world of choices, we understand you may need some personal assistance to plan your perfect vacation. This highly acclaimed Italian Restaurant onboard Viking Ocean ships is also located on deck 1 aft and is included in the price of the cruise fare. At 110 minutes long, Arctic Detox does have it in addition to a detox scrub, Swedish detox massage and cupping. Viking Ocean Cruises cruise line has a large selection of premium wines indeed, more than 70 red, white and ros wines. The gym space is ample on Viking Octantis. If you google Viking Ocean Bar Menus you can see some examples. - History of Navigation. Onboard Viking the mini bar is included. The Viking Venus has eight dining options, including a specialty restaurant, and features an onboard Nordic-inspired spa and fitness center. Subdued, ambient lighting creates a warm, welcoming air in this traditional restaurant recalling Italys beloved trattorias. There is a Spa section there that lists 6 different treatments. This is the go-to spot for a snack or a light meal while lounging in this comfy venue.