Some model iPhones are compatible with more than one carrier. Net10 Bring Your Own phone program requires a compatible GSM phone, SIM kit and a Net10 service plan. I contacted Tracfone Customer Service and they basically told me that the SIM card I was trying to use was not a Tracfone SIM (it absolutely was) and so they couldnt activate the phone. For iPhone, the bigger issue will be how much longer the older models continue to get updates from Apple. Verizon is actively seeking to grow and expand its wholesale business and looks forward to making arrangements with new and diverse partners in order to put more customers on Verizons world class network and better target diverse customer segments. Here youll need to select the carrier your phone is compatible with. Samsung Galaxy A32 5G. Actual availability, coverage and speed may vary. As far as the phone. Yes, if you have a TracFone, you can make it work with AT&T Sim cards. In a nutshell, features include; Generally, Tracfone provides simple phone plans with text, talk, and a fixed amount of data. Note that all Tracfone smartphone plans include a fixed amount of minutes for calls, messages for texts, megabytes (MBs) for data (internet), and service days. Contact Verizon Wireless. Calls must originate from the US or Puerto Rico only. Moto G Stylus 5G (Coming soon) Samsung Galaxy A42 5G (Coming soon) Additionally, almost any unlocked 5G device can also be used with Tracfone BYOP to get 5G speeds. iPhone SE 2 Gen: The small-sized and compact iPhone SE 2nd generation is available on TracFone for a price of $289. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Yes. What you need to know about straight talk; Simple Mobile got started in November 2009 as a prepaid mobile virtual network operator of T-Mobile U.S. Later on, Simple Mobile was acquired by TracFone Wireless in 2012 through America Movil. Moreover, Tracfone is the biggest reseller of wireless services in the U.S., having approximately 21 million subscribers using a network of over 90,000 retail locations nationwide. If the phone works than it is unlocked. When using a traditional cell phone plan, the cost is like $80 a month. You will still be able to use some features on your non-VoLTE phone once the 3G network is shut down, however, you will need to upgrade to a new device & SIM card in order to access the current network. I suspect that is because the iPhone 12 and the mini price includes a $30 subsidy from the carrier. I got this phone like 1month ago I need help to activate my phone can u help me please I got my old phone and a SIM card kit. If your iPhone is locked to AT&T or T-Mobile it should still work with Tracfones AT&T or T-Mobile SIM respectively. No problems. You can also find it in your phone's settings app, printed the back of your phone, or on the box your phone came it. (See below for more information on installing this type of SIM card). All other trademarks, service marks, and trade names referenced in this site are the property of their respective owners. If your iPhone is from Verizon, it needs to be eligible to use it with Tracfones Verizon SIM. This price is inclusive of 180-Day Airtime credit plan . This is because they feel I even need a data plan. Android Central is part of Future US Inc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. This works out well because if you are say an AT&T customer with an AT&T iPhone you can use it with Tracfones AT&T SIM. To check if your iPhone, Samsung Galaxy S, or other smartphone is compatible, visit. That iPhone 5 is can no longer be used with the Verizon networks or Tracfones Verizon SIM. TOP 8 BEST PHONES COMPATIBLE WITH TRACFONE. Tracfone doesnt provide a list of eligibility requirements but if your phone is still on a contract or payment plan, has been reported lost or stolen, or was used with a delinquent account the phone will not be eligible. If you wonder what carriers are compatible with Tracfone, its brands include StraightTalk Wireless, NET10 Wireless, SIMPLE Mobile, and Total Wireless, and more. It's all powered by a large 4614maH battery for all-day battery life. It comes with an amazing 6.5-inch full HD+ display, quad rear cameras, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB storage, and up to 25 hours of talk time. You may have started experiencing dropped calls or poor connections. This a great option for someone that wants to use an iPhone but doesnt talk on the phone much and plan to use your iPhone with Wi-Fi to for Internet Service. TracFone Nokia 2760 Flip, 4GB Black - Prepaid Feature Phone. At this point If not youll need to order a Tracfone Verizon SIM for your phone before you can complete your activation. The hardware is powered by Google's own Tensor CPU with 8GB of RAM which delivers great performance even with this phone's 6.4-inch OLED display and 90Hz refresh rate. The MEID or IMEI is your phone's serial number. STEP 1. A range of flip phones is sold by TFWI. Just buy this phone with a TracFone SIM card, choose a plan, and you are ready to have a go. The Net10 offers pay-as-you-go and monthly plans and delivers its services through the four major cell phone carriers depending on your location and phone. Your current Tracfone Service Plan will remain available for use on VoLTE-ready phones at least until Nov. 23, 2024. Product Description. I would like to use older phone. A. If this phone was previously used on tracfone, you may be able to reactivate it If you have a tracfone.com account log in and see if the phone is listed as inactive. Most GSM and CDMA smartphones are compatible. Happy Family Day 2023 Wishes, Messages, SMS, Quotes, Greetings & WhatsApp Status . Prepaid SIM Card (US Mobile) - Custom Plans from $4/mo. Card benefits expire after 180 days of last use or 30 days after your service is suspended, whichever occurs first. Card benefits expire after 180 days of last use or 30 days after your service is suspended, whichever occurs first. What will happen to my Plan and benefits after I switch to VoLTE? Bob, is this still the case? US Cellular will not convert over to Tracfone as the number does not work. The low-cost carriers are quite flexible. The main 48MP camera will be able to take solid shots in well-lit areas but will get grainy as the light fades. 4G LTE or 5G-capable device required. If a customers TracFone plan is served on a network other than Verizons, the customer will be offered the opportunity to upgrade their device in the futureto ensure compatibility with Verizons network. Requires activation.). Under VERIZON-COMPATIBLE, Click Select. If you got your new phone or SIM at a local retail store, follow the instructions that came in your package to transfer your service to your new device. Compatible Service Providers: TracFone. A month equals 30 days. Verizon expects the transaction to close in the second half of 2021. Make the move to today to enjoy Unbeatable Nationwide Coverage and flexible plans free from contracts and extra fees. Total Wireless, Tracfone, Straight Talk, Simple Mobile, and Net 10 are all Tracfone brands. If you're the type of person that wants to be on the latest version of Android with the most up-to-date feature set, this isn't the phone for you. Samsung's Galaxy A series has a phone for just about any budget but the Galaxy A42 5G finds a sweet spot with the right price. Sometimes a newer SIM is required to get some network features. I updated this article for 2019 as I noticed that it was still popular. Id recommend using a service that offers Wi-Fi calling. When Samuel is not writing about networking or 5G at Android Central, he spends most of his time researching computer components and obsessing over what CPU goes into the ultimate Windows 98 computer. The phone is unlocked and can be activated on any service that uses the AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, or Sprint networks. Service Plans are compatible with both 4G LTE and 5G Networks. Is there a Tracfone website I can go to set it up? If you are unsure whether your phone is locked or not you can borrow a SIM from a friends phone (that uses a different carrier) and try it in your phone. Visible is seriously discounting their plans for the month of March, How to customize the Amazon Fire TV Omni QLED (2022) display: photos, artwork, and Alexa widgets. Samsung Galaxy A42 5G. (its a Verizon thing, same for Sprint, but not AT&T or T-Mobile). If you are going to bring your own iPhone to Tracfone, youll have the choice of using their AT&T, Verizon, or T-mobile SIM card. Additionally, other service plan options include several 365-day plans with minimal data. Select "I have a Tracfone phone". A specific question does follow an answer to which would be very much appreciated: I presently have an earlier TracFone iPhone SE. 3. Is that true? Each month I post the latest Tracfone deals here, so check that out if you dont already have an iPhone to use with Tracfone. Choose a plan. If you only need a basic phone plan for talk, text, and Web, we offer plenty of options for you, too. Other readers should take note though , and your experience does illustrate that getting reliable answers from Tracfone is difficult. The first step in checking the compatibility of your phone is to select your phone carrier. Samsung Galaxy A53 5G. That, and I cant tell you how many times people would do this and pass the old phone to someone else only to have problems when someone else activated the old phone. The brand is also carried by online . The Snapdragon 750G under the hood is paired with 4GB of RAM to keep this phone humming along with most apps. Slip a Net10 SIM in your compatible AT&T GSM phone and enjoy talk, text and blazing-fast data for less. Youd need to use their AT&T SIM card, but that Verizon iPhone 5 is only partially compatible with the iPhone 5. The small and compact iPhone SE is also available with TracFone Wireless too. Card benefits expire after 180 days of last use or 30 days after your service is suspended, whichever occurs first. It's the Pentium 3. If the SIM card is not programmed properly, damaged, or removed, it prevents operation of the intended device. Long story short if your phone has NOT previously been activated on the Verizon network you probably wont be able to use Tracfones Verizon SIM. Rates are subject to change without prior notice. of 4G LTE data. Your phone will work if you just move the SIM, but it does cause problems sometimes. It will be unlocked iphone. Reward Points have no cash value and cannot be transferred to another customer. Depending on your estimated yearly spend with Tracfone, it could even be a better option. Tell them the model phone you want to buy and the zip code where you want to use the phone. 2023 smartphonematters.com All rights reserved. Besides, this company keeps it simple with its prepaid plans with its services most widely sold at Walmart. APN: TRACFONE.VZWENT; Proxy . Turn the phone you have into the phone you want. You will need to perform a separate checkout for the items in your cart. Do you want to use an iPhone with Tracfone Wireless? Keep Your Own Phone (KYOP): Capable device required. You are going to logout in {{logouttime}} minutes. Smartphones Samsung Galaxy A13 5G Tracfone 64 GB - Black Up to 70% off compared to new Free delivery Cheap Galaxy A13 5G 1 year warranty 30 days to change your mind. That is incorrect. Turn on your phone. I would like to use the Tracfone Verizon SIM in this device. 1) TRACFONE. Still, there's an 8MP ultra-wide camera and a 2MP macro camera to give you options. All other trademarks, service marks, and trade names referenced herein are the property of their respective owners. After your current phone is deactivated, it cannot be reactivated. AT&T and T-Mobile use GSM & LTE technology so registering the phone isnt required. For other service plans, any unused minutes, texts and data will not expire as long as any Tracfone service plan is active and in use within any six-month period. Youll have to activate it with a new SIM Card from us. Insert the Tracfone SIM card into your new or old phone with a microSIM slot. I've been thru never-ending hell with both Tracfone and Apple support trying to get Tracfone Verizon-compatible SIM to activate on my iPhone 12 mini. Samuel Contreras When Samuel is not writing about networking and carriers, he spends most of his time researching computer components and obsessing over what CPU goes into the ultimate Windows 98 computer. Yes, all TracFone SIM cards are essentially the same, however not all TracFone devices need a SIM card to get TracFone services. CT = Chunghwa Telecom; TM = Taiwan Mobile; T-Star = T-Star; FET = FarEasTone. In September 2020, Verizon announced that it entered into an agreement with America Movil to acquire TracFone Wireless, Inc., the leading pre-paid and value mobile provider in the U.S., serving approximately 21 million subscribers through a network of over 90,000 retail locations nationwide at the time of the announcement. Rates are subject to change without prior notice. Your phone will need to be compatible with those networks but many iPhone and Samsung Galaxy S models are. You can also use the Check Compatibility link on Tracfone's site to see if a given phone works on the network you prefer. 2023 TracFone Wireless, Inc. 9700 NW 112th Avenue, Miami, FL 33178. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. If the device is compatible you know what to do and if it isn't the choice is yours because it's you who have to deal with the consequences of the device's price and network coverage is also an important factor. SIM cards contain information about the subscriber's plans and network features. Your account PIN is a password set on your account to prevent someone else from transferring your phone number without your permission. Follow the simple steps below to get started. Verizon sees the Lifeline program as a key element of TracFones service to value customers and a foundational element of Verizons commitment in this space. He is able to text and make FaceTime calls on WiFi but only to other iPhone users. We have gone through a list of Tracfone flip phones. Prices do not include fees or taxes. Tracfone doesnt have their own cellular network, instead they uses either AT&Ts, Verizons, or T-Mobiles cellular towers. The iPhone was previously on AT&T network. Yes I did. Walmart Family Mobile may be suitable for you if: Net10 Wireless is a subsidiary of TracFone Wireless which provides no-contract phone plans. The Galaxy A12 from Samsung keeps things as cheap as possible while still being useful for day-to-day use. Looking for an upgrade? Tracfone will recognize that youre a current customer and transfer your number and service balance to the new phone and SIM. Plans, SIM Kits and Phones sold separately. Credit card required for enrollment. Not having triple minutes nor a one year service days add-on, plus disallowing the older SE from being reactivated, would there still be any downside to moving the original SIM to the new SE? Step-by-Step Instructions to Bring Your Own Device. TracFone Carrier-Locked Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown 4G LTE Prepaid Smartphone - Black - 16GB - Sim Card Included - CDMA . This stuff is fabulous!!! H2O Wireless 3-in-1 SIM Card Starter Kit (for GSM Unlocked Phones) H2O Wireless. It wouldnt work. Data Cards can be added as long as your service is active. Best QLink Phone by Options: Google Pixel 6. Our expert reviewers spend hours testing and comparing products and services so you can choose the best for you. As I am unfamiliar with the dozens of other phones tracfone sells it would be best to consult the phone manufacturer or tracfone support. If you decide to buy a phone for Tracfone or Total Wireless, see the latest discounts here. Verizon is excited to bring its world-class service to TracFone customers. If your Verizon iPhone is currently under contract on a payment plan it will not be eligible. That is going to be different for you and me unless you live in Boston metro. VERIZON COMPATIBLE 4G LTE/5G SIM CARD. Future US, Inc. Full 7th Floor, 130 West 42nd Street, Step. Offers may change without notice. Pick the network that works best in your area and one that your iPhone is compatible with. Your account number may or may not be your phone number. You can always just move your SIM, and if you find you have a problem transfer the service to the new Phone and SIM at that point. 4.1 4.1 out of 5 stars (1,211) $189.00 $ 189. I keep my spare iPhone active using 4 90 day plans for about $80 per year. Only for personal use. However, when you want to activate a Tracfone Verizon SIM youll need to enter the phones serial number (IMEI) on tracfone.com. TracFone employees will become Verizon employees and benefit from Verizons highly rated employment packages. There is nothing like a good deal. Please select which one you wish to keep.