Any idea why the delay in the heater? Is the heater hooked up to an automated control or is it standalone? Jandy Pro Series JXi Pool Heater Troubleshooting Guide. (Manual not electronic) I closed the pool. no leaking going on at all. 0000001292 00000 n Breaker or fuse may be tripped. Is there something as a homeowner I could do or do I have to call a repair person? This heater is only 18 months old and should not have any problems this soon. Needless to say, I learned to love water at a young age. Again, I am experiencing the same issue from last fall. Any ideas? . Does it not work on especially warm or cold days? SYMPTOM CORRECTIVE ACTION Heat pump will not start, no control board display. Use our interactive diagrams, accessories, and expert repair help to fix your Zodiac Heater . This not only covers our brand name chemicals, but also our most popular swimming pool supplies. Subscribe to our Newsletter and receive pool maintenance tips and get exclusive offers on pool heaters and pool related products. Get Details. We pride ourselves on our customer satisfaction. Thanks a bunch. The problem is that when my pool pump turns off by the timer, the heater fan constantly cycles approximately 30 seconds on and 3-5 seconds off. By submitting your email address, you agree to receive email communications and other great offers from Zodiac Pool Systems LLC Subscribe. If a lot of ice is allowed to build up it will take a long time to thaw out and melt.Heat Pumps are designed to shut off when the air can cause icing and automatically restart when it is safe again as the air temperature goes over 50F. The spa is about 500+ gallons of water. LX/LT (1999-2003) Zodiac Jandy Gas Pool Heater LX/LT (2003-2007) Zodiac Jandy Low Nox Gas Pool Heater LXI Zodiac Low Nox Heater XE2550 Zodiac Heat Pump I read through the manual and found the whole ignition process (something like pre-blower, check air pressure sensor to let blower keep going, 15 second purge, then igniter gets warmed up, then gas, lastly flame sensor lets it stay on or kills the gas). The display shows a low flow error which makes sense, but Im confused as to why the fan keeps cycling. Copyright 2023 Dohenys . My front display board doesnt go on at all. Make sure it is higher than the actual pool water!Low Freon pressure.This error code happens most when it is too cool outside to heat. However, it isnt ALWAYS the case. If you would like a more accurate assessment, then we need more info. If thepressure sensor, thermal regulator, or high limit switch is faulty, corroded, or defective- replace it. Contact Us Zodiac Pool Systems LLC 2882 Whiptail Loop # 100 Carlsbad, CA 92010 Phone: (800) 822.7933 Fax: (800) 479.8324 productsupport@fluidra.com . West: 213-291-9276Southwest: 214-764-8551 Midwest: 312-229-0026 Northeast: 631-223-7175 Southeast: 239-247-5878. Sometimes, your pool heater ignites but doesnt reach the desired temperature. the instructions in this manual can be followed exactly. Pool Size: Average Overall Build Quality Value for Money Ease of Use Cleaning & Maintenance Noise Level Functionality This is my go-to heat pump model. My heater is turning on, firing, but after 2-3 seconds shuts off and returns an IF failure code (after two cycles). Please correct the errors below. Inspect these parts for corrosion, scaling, and/or any electrolysis issues. I have a Haywood electric heater it starts then stops. Posted: October 25, 2017. What happened to him?? No cracks. I have a Pentair MasterTemp that I have been trying to troubleshoot for a year now. I suspect maybe its the flame sensor? Zodiac Pool Systems United States | Zodiac Pool Systems MX8 Elite The first suction pool cleaner with Cyclonic Scrubbing Action! 2 hours later got a Error Code E08. Ensure thepump basket and lid are in good conditions. Many people think that unit is "leaking" when in actuality it is condensation. What you have to do is put the pool pulse on the end of the hose underneath the water with the vacuum flow coming through. Any other suggestions? the heat pump must not be installed: -close to a heat source or to a source of inflammable gas, 0000001816 00000 n All connections have been tested by an electrician with no issues also. Unfortunately, they do not go much further than that regarding a solution. Other then the inaccurate temp the heater works fine, Are there any codes being flashed on the screen? do i have to change my LED panel or the board itself inside?? Pentair Easytouch EasyTouch systems are available for a separate spa, a separate pool, or a pool/spa combination with shared equipment. I have a Pentair mini max 100 heater hooked up to a cedar hot tub. You can buy equipment directly. Then when he left the heater started working! She walks in standard school shoes with light blue calf-length socks. What can cause this. If you suspect the tripping cause to be from the circuit breaker, but the breaker off, then put it back on. Is the water to temp when the pump shuts off? Will fire up to prevent freezing when water temperature is a (settable) 36~40 degrees. Where is this switch located. With expansive product lines, Zodiac can deliver the most technologically-advanced, energy-efficient, durable and reliable products available which include . just happens when gets to correct temperature. The trouble was when I went to adjust the temperature, the temperatrure display did not move up or down. 877-346-4814. The return line fittings may also be pointing in the wrong way. Water flow is fine. 0000011890 00000 n Start by checking the ground wires on the electrical raceway and if this doesn't work you can easily try grounding the burner base to the raceway. You may also want to disconnect the sensor (from the board) to make sure its not the board. It kept doing this several times and then sometimes the temp will start counting up rapidly and slowly counts down to the current temp and cycles again. What would cause the temperature to rise so fast like that? With my love of water, and pools in particular, it was only natural that I follow a career path in the swimming pool industry. At the very least, acquire some sun and extend the amount of time you lie the cable in the sun, then observe how it works to untangle the knots. Days later, theyre suddenly working again. It does an excellent job and is dependable, but if you encounter a problem, make sure you can quickly resolve it. If its of decent quality, youre most likely overlooking the proper length. I have a Raypak RP2100 heater. 550 SETI Air Energy Super Heater Heat Pump AE 1000 Heat Pump AE-Ti Heat Pump Raypak, 20 weeks. Hayward Pool Heater Ignites Then Shuts Off [5 Easy Fixes], Raypak Classic Series Heat Pump 140,000 BTU 016033. 5 For sale near youMatching RVs for sale near you $0 $0 $0 $0 Top 10 RVs Voted most helpful review Kenneth H RV reviewed 2016 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 195RB 4. Diagrammes D'coulement des Menus, Systme de Combinaison Piscine/Spa Menu Principal, Glossaire des Dlais Et des Verrouillages de Scurit, Seccin 1. 0000005042 00000 n When the heater kicks on, the water temperature rises super fast (less than 5 seconds) to the demand temp and then kicks off, cools off quickly then kicks back, and so on and so on. the pool place thinks it might be putting copper into my pool. Any additional thoughts? Was told maybe the control board was bad ?,any thoughts. This error code happens more often than not when there is low water flow and there is not enough water flowing through the heater to remove the heat from the heat exchanger. Home -> Parts Diagrams ->Zodiac Products Parts Diagram. This is an excerpt from the MasterTemp troubleshooting guide. Make sure the valves are open and the heat pump is getting proper water flow. There could be a defect in the heat exchanger caused by the manufacturing process or imbalanced water chemistry. 0000005293 00000 n All indicator lights go out and nothing I do makes them light up. Today we fix the air flow problem on our Jandy LT400N-L Pool Heater. Front board power supply either too low or too high. Because next day delivery is not guaranteed for standard service and residential deliveries are made only Monday through Saturday though Saturday delivery is not guaranteed, there is a chance that our product will not arrive the next day. 0000003209 00000 n Ifthe heat pump has just been installed or if the pool water has been allowed to cool significantly, it is necessary to run the heat pump continually for 24-48 hours.If the heat pump has been in operation for some time, increase the circulating pump time, or switch the control board to Maintain Heat function.If heating a spa, verify no air intake stand pipes are open. If you try to change it, you might be able to solve the problem. When you get the best pool cleaner and use it for a few seasons, you may have certain issues, which is to be expected. Remove the basket and remove the debris with a hose. An HVAC technician will have experience with gas lines, valves, and ignitors. Pool and Spa Heater Natural Gas or LPG. The first thing you should do if your Zodiac pool cleaner stops and starts is to check the suction flow coming through the hose. We will even guarantee our Low Price for 30 days after your purchase. When the green LED illuminates, the iAquaLink is . Low ambient air temperature. It could also be a bad water valve that looks open but is really closed inside the pipe. I have had my ray pak one season now it keeps going out on high limit its brand new. Dohenys is pleased to offer free next day delivery at no additional charge for orders over $100 to most of the US for all Doheny's brand chemicals and many of our most popular swimming pool supplies. Thanks. Pool heaters are typically used only 3.5% of the average annual pump runtime. So I thought that was causing the problem. This goes on and on until the heater finally meets its set temperature. IO Igniter open error If the control is not in lockout and senses that the igniter circuit is open when the blower is running the control will turn off the blower and go into lockout. Almost all heaters now use flame sensing to keep the burner lit. This Power Distribution Circuit Board Is Designed To Use With Zodiac Janay Lexi Low NOx Pool And Spa Heater Models 250, 300, 400 ; Power Distribution Circuit Board Replacement ; Fits Zodiac Janay Lexi Low NOx Pool And Spa Heater Models 250, 300, 400 ; Country Of Origin: United States After verification, the difference will be promptly refunded. The purpose of the pressure switch is to ensure that water is flowing through the unit before it allows the heater to turn on. Rio Bravo, Inc. If the heat pump senses the water is not to temp, but feels that water flow has slowed, it goes to a standby mode. Have you tried cleaning the filter to see if that fixes any flow issues? Make sure control board thermostat is calling for heater to come on (check setting on thermostat and temperature reading).Make sure heat pump is not in cooling mode.Heat pump runs but does not heat. Then the Service Heater lights goes off as the heater kicks on again. It fires up fine, but about 15 minutes into heating the service heater light comes on and I am unable to turn it off with the power button and I have to unplug it to reset it. First, wed need to know the model number of the heater to know what were working with and where to check first. How to Choose a Safety Cover: Solid or Mesh. Zodiac strives to deliver the perfect pool experience that enhances comfort, enjoyment, and peace of mind for pool owners. In my beautiful homeland of Florida, where I still reside today, pools are everywhere. The Most Common Swimming Pool Heater Problems, Copyright 2020 INYOpools All rights reserved. Now this happens now and then since I bought the unit. Manufacturers equip swimming pool heaters with pressure sensors. 2020 Zodiac Pool Systems LLC - All rights reserved. This is where my pool stops heating. Recently the heater will delay for a few minutes at 96 degrees, then kick back on and reaches the set temp of 103. If so, what did you do? Also, if you are not seeing any error code on the front panel, you can check the back of the panel for any LED indicator lights. Thank You! If the pool heater is running but not heating, ensure the heater thermostat is turned high enough. 0000001851 00000 n The same thing is happening to me. Now in spring Im trying to get it to fire, but nothing. Doheny's is not responsible for inadvertent price or text misprints or errors. VX65 iQ Control Box for Zodiac Robotic Cleaner Global Pool and Pump from globalpoolandpump.com.au. I connected my old termistor and got a reading of 85 degrees. Before installing this product. It fires up fine again then the same thing happens. Dohenys Pool Supplies Fast has Free Shipping on orders over $100! If heat pump still does not run, call for service.Three-phase models only - The phases may be reversed or there may be a loss of phase, call for service.Heat pump will not start, control board display working.Heat pump may be in delay count down of 5 minutes. Jandy Pro Series JXi Pool Heater Troubleshooting Guide. If your heater is out of warranty, sometimes, its simplycheaper to do it yourself. This could be as simple as your filter was dirty, which constricted flow to the heater, or you would have to troubleshoot the various switches. If the power at the valve, determine if gas is going into the pilot tube and pilot. However, the issue could also be caused by a lack of rotation of swivels on the top. Customer Support: We're Here For You | Jandy United States Support Dedicated support Call us Mon - Fri, 8AM - 5PM (PST) 1-800-822-7933 Email us Mon - Fri, 8AM - 5PM (PST) productsupport@fluidra.com Product Registration To ensure the best customer service and tracking, register your product. It has a reaction then the heater is leaking pool water. I had to purchase a new display board and cover (the part that we see). Simply contact our Customer Care Team at: [emailprotected] or call us at 1-800-574-7665 to report the lower price. Did you ever get this resolved? 2023 Poolheatpumps.com. I had this same problem. This item: Zodiac R0457501 Hot Surface Ignitor Replacement for Zodiac Jandy Legacy LRZE Pool and Spa Heaters $216.46 Zodiac R0012200 Fusible Link Assembly Replacement Kit for Select Zodiac Jandy Pool and Spa Heaters $8.90 Wholesale Sensors Replacement for Jandy/Zodiac R0456500 Temp Sensor for Spa 12 Month Warranty $18.49 Compare with similar items Low ambient air temperature. Troubleshooting Guide for Jandy Heat Pumps Jandy-Zodiac Technical Support: 800-822-7933 The following provides symptoms and solutions for general troubleshooting problems for Jandy heat pumps. Per troubleshooting tips, it could be any of the following. To prove it, if you find a lower total delivered price by a licensed and authorized pool supply catalog or website (excludes auctions), we will refund you the difference. I replaced the temperature sensor and the circuit board. Avoid this type of weather since it will cause the cable to tangle. FAULTHIGHWATER TEMPWhen the POOL or SPA water temperature heats to the maximum allowed temperature or above, there could be safety risks for anyone in the water.The water thermostat will read this temperature and the control will shut off the heat pump unless it is in CHILLER mode.This feature also remains active when the control calls for heat through a remote thermostat.This is to insure that water temperature does not go to an abnormally high level due to a possible malfunction of the remote sensor. Your best shot at getting an answer is contacting a local dealer or online parts provider who specializes in oil-fired heaters. Heater will turn on automatically as Aux2 long as the filter pump is on and the water temperature is below the temperature set point. I am a new pool owner and am frustrated with our brand new Jandy LXi gas heater. Raypak Classic Series Heat Pump 140,000 BTU 016033. Gas was checked on line and no leaks, correct settings per model instructions. Hayward Pool Heater Parts; . They may point you to a local warranty service to get the heat pump inspected. Jayco Jay Flight 195rb Reviews2021 Jayflight 195RB anode. This operation will necessitate the use of your pump. Were pool people and we want you to be happy with your purchase. When it turns off it also turns the pilot flame off. These components may need to be replaced. I have a Jandy model LT4000N-LB pool heater. The other 96.5% of the time, the heat exchanger can be bypassed so the pump works less saving electrical energy and up to $350 a year. Test your water before adjusting your chemical levels. We turned it on and tested it after it was installed and it worked great. install, service or troubleshoot this C Series Chlorinator. To avoid personal injury when working with pool chemicals, always wear rubber gloves and eye protection and work in a well-ventilated area. Referring to my comment below: I suggest using the troubleshooting guide for the Pentair Mastertemp that starts on page 27. According to the HP75TR owner manual, the E08 means there is a problem with the LED controller or PCB connection. The reason is simple: TFPC (Trouble Free Pool Care) is a methodology, not a product that you must purchase. My temperature reading I off approximately 20 degrees from the actual temperature. When I hold it, the temp slowly went up to 90. Hi, got a Hayward HP75TR, bout 3 years old now. 05 Zodiac Safety Strap Pins Z60143 - Gray. Pentair 470190 Water Pressure Switch Replacement Pool and Spa Heater. Once I replaced this I was able to see the lights again. I agree to receive emails from Zodiac and its subsidiaries related to products and services. it will kick back on when I get the pilot lit again but turns off again. Haywards troubleshooting process relies a lot on flashing error codes, but they arent much help when either of the boards is out. With two modes Heat Mode and Bypass Mode you can choose when water is directed through the heat exchanger. Easy things that any pool owner can do before calling a service Tech out and spending hundreds of dollars when it was only a twenty dollar part and 20 minutes of your time to fix! AX20 Activ Mechanical Suction Pool Cleaner, iQ30 - iAquaLink Web Connect Pool Controller, Titan Series Fibreglass Sand Pool Filters, Titan Series Thermoplastic Sand Pool Filters, Jandy Aqualink RS PDA Wireless Pool Controller, 2021 Fluidra Group Australia Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Ensure that the power outlet you are using with the machine is functioning properly. However, the issue could also be caused by a lack of rotation of swivels on the top. . Same thing. Confirm that all gas valve wiring is intact and connections are solid. Pentair 350. When problem started happening last early last year, one of the thing I did was replaced a broken Jandy check valve between the heater and chlorinator. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Make sure the pilot tube is intact and not clogged. The heater works the SHUTS off given a LO ERROR. I ran it for a half hour and went to turn it on the next day and now nothing again. (Generates 173 - Low input voltage code if Level 2 code 188 is present) (Generates 170 code if 188 is not present) Contact a pool professional. Apple is not a participant or sponsor of this promotion. Any thoughts on what I can do to further troubleshoot? can cause serious injury, property damage, or death. Has it just rained? I have a Raypak gas heater. To learn how to troubleshoot a Zodiac pool cleaner, you do not need to go through a lot of stuff. Has anyone ever had this code? FREE SHIPPING on Orders $100+. Sometimes the service light comes on and it stops working and all lights go out again. Poolcleanerlab.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking Review to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, Automated page speed optimizations for fast site performance, How to hook up pool vacuum to intex pump step by step, Difference between steel pool and tubular pool, Polaris pool cleaner troubleshooting guide. Do you think a new thermal regulator might be the answer? POOL HEAT Zodiac POOL HEAT Zodiac Enabled 12:40PM Enabled. %PDF-1.4 % Water has always been in tip top shape. Make sure to keep your valves open as to not prevent the water flow. Only those items with a Next Day Delivery designation on the product page can be expected to arrive the next day and orders must be placed by 3 PM local time (exceptions include our Texas warehouse by 2:30 PM). For operation, heaters require a minimum GPM flow. All rights reserved. I have a Pentair Master Temp 300 Pool Heater that is 6 years old. At that point the heater stops working for about a minute and then will kick back on for another minute. Looking for pool parts? Aquabot S2 50 Review Why its best for above ground only? While doing so I disconnected the unit to make examining the heat exchange easier. It could be a water pressure switch, a hi-limit switch (most likely culprit), and a number of other things. Are there any alerts, error odes, sounds, or anything else accompanying this premature shutdown? Pool Elementary goes over the basics of the simple causes of a Jandy and Teledyne Laars milivolt or Pilot Light Swimming Pool Heater not. It was so nice we did it twice. Hopefully, your issue will be matched with one of our solutions, and you will be able to use the pool cleaner once again! Pool Heater won't start? I believe now it may be my thermostat. thanks for any help. After the heater fails to ignite, does the display stay on or go blank? Do you have a flowmeter? Increasing pressure goes hand in hand with the decrease of water flow. * Plus, get tools and education from Pentair to help you know and manage the water in your home. I have the same heater. How to Connect Intex Sand Filter Pump to Summer Waves Pool, Pentair 360042 Kreepy Krauly Suction-Side Inground Universal Pool Cleaner Review, PAXCESS Cordless IPX8 Pool Cleaner Review, AIPER Seagull 600 Cordless Pool Cleaner Review. We had a Jandy lxi installed mid-winter in our home in Northern California. The pool pump must be ON and your filter clean for the switch to close and allow voltage to pass through. Improper installation and/or operation can create unwanted electrical hazard which. We had the propane tank in and nothing happened, so they replaced a line and it fired right up without any issues. If not, point them in the right direction. A dirty filter can cause low pressure and as a result, cause the heaters pressure switch to turn OFF. We are a registered 501(c)3 non-profit that is funded by user donations. Leak stopped. For in-depth information and instructions for your Zodiac product, search or navigate through the Equipment Assistance library below. Pentair Master Temp 400. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. The switch to the heater is on. Matthew hasnt been heard from since just after Tax Day. HlV7WF)JY>9b9'0!").fU&U,>^J:__z=>>|?_JI'_?^?_~?_:OT/_ F8v(]fRAL^/l. Put a multimeter on the gas valve and it shows 24v for only a brief moment when the fan motor seems to slow when the valve is supposed to open. This weekend, when I finally had time to work on it, I see there is no power to the display at all: no service light, no heater light, no light or display of any kind. Learn More Okay, Tony, I will ask the same question to you as well. Extend or reduce the length to see what works best. 0000008392 00000 n Deterioration of the heat exchanger can impact your heaters operation. It clicks, but will not light. Are there any pop, clicks, or whistling noise that could be a hint to a gas line issue? My igniiton clicks, but then it fails to heat pas this point, sigh. If unsure, please refer to the heaters manual for the recommended chemical levels. I removed the front panel and I see the wiring and boards in there. Let us know if you find this video helpful and if you'd li. I have a Hayward pool heater (model #H250FDN). Your pool pump only moves a certain number of GPMs, therefore, too many water features can dramatically decrease your water flow. Answered in 13 hours by: Mike R. Verify the wire that leads from the sensor to the O/D box is not shorted. Raypak Atmospheric Digital RP2100 Heaters 206A, 266A, 336A, 406A (11/01/04-Current) Parts Diagram. I agree. Dolphin Proteus DX3 Review How Nautilus CC Is Better Than DX3. 0000010706 00000 n If the pilot is not lit, confirm the Pilot valve voltage (24 VAC) at the valve. Shipping is free when you spend $100 or more. It calls for heat, heat starts for maybe 5-10 seconds, then stops, temp raises rapidly to 124 then slowly back down to 75 and cycles again doing the same thing over and over again. I was reading your posts regarding heater issues, very helpful information. For a pool your size, you will need a higher BTU size. If it does, then change the sensor. Timers are the perfect way to schedule lights, seasonal dcor, fans and more. Jandy lxi not heating, getting ignition fault, help, Jandy Lxi 400 - Fault - Check IGN Control - single flash light on FENWAL, Water flow issue with heater that throws a high limit switch (HLS) error code, With over 300,000 members, TFP is the largest and most influential pool & spa website on the Internet. If the PSI is too high, clean your filter. This page is powered by a knowledgeable community that helps you make an informed decision. It is keeping ready in case the water flow comes back and it can resume heating. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Google Play is trademark of Google, Inc. All other trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners. It is easy to do. So, I opened the 3-port valve and adjusted it where the 2 return lines are fully open. Jandy Pro Series JXi Pool Heater Troubleshooting Guide. We do have a shipping charge of only $9.99 for orders under $100.00. If there is no gas coming from the energized pilot valve, replace valve. Build the perfect swimming pool environment with Jandy professional-grade swimming pool equipment. SEARCH. Honestly, this is a very common occurrence. Are there any diagnostic LEDs lit or flashing? I have a Hayward H350 propane heater with IO code displayed. . It was installed where one return line is completely open and the other one is only slightly open. FOR YOUR SAFETY - This product must be installed and serviced by a contractor, who is licensed and qualified in pool equipment by the jurisdiction in which the, product will be installed, where such state or local requirements exist. Consignes de Scurit Importantes, Rchauffeur de la Piscine ACTIV/DSACTIV, Activer/Dsactiver Manuellement un quipement Spcifique, Section 4. - Program up to 49 on/off event settings per day. In case there is blockage in the heat exchanger, how do I fix that? Im sure the electrician did his best on the circuitry, but when dealing with a heater, you probably want to have an HVAC company take a look at the unit. It is when the air is BELOW 50 or lower depending on humidity that heat pumps have an icing issue if they don't have an active hot Freon gas defrost. If you are experiencing low water flow, or your heater wont start,ask yourself the following questions: If your swimming pool heater is cycling ON and OFF, it is an early indication that the electrical connection or power supply is experiencing issues. I suggest contacting the manufacturer to see if they will do a guided troubleshoot over the phone. Later located the water temperature sensor. Fan not operating. For a faster response Email Us-SEARCH. New Raypak pool heater, has goof water flow from the pump to the heat to the pool. There is that possibility because of how it is made.