Pick up your firearm from the FFL Dealer, who will need to do a criminal and mental health background check. We would rank gusting wind as the greatest agitate to accurate long distance shots. The "U.S. Rifle, Caliber .30, Model of 1903," better-known as the M1903 Springfield, has become one of the most popular U.S. military small arms to collect. Bolt-Action (7) Rimfire (3) CZ (3) California Compliant 10rds (8) Caliber. ), Muzzleloading Modern & Replica Pistols (flint), Muzzleloading Modern & Replica Pistols (perc), United States Patent Firearms Revolvers/Pistols, Century Arms International (CAI) - Shotguns, Volquartsen Summit 17 Mach 2 16.5" Threaded Carbon Fiber 10+1 17Mach2, Glock 17 Gen 3 - NIB with 2 17 Round Mags, Factory Case, Lock, Cleaning Tools, CA Compliant, Glock 17 Gen-3 9mm Pistol w 2 Mags, NEW Night Sights, Very Light Use, CZ USA 457 American Combo 22lr/17hmr, 2 Barrels, 2 Magazines, 5+1 NEW (02320), Ram-line 9mm SIG SAUER 15=2+17 rounds $ 29.00, RAMLINE STAINLESS 15+2=17 ROUND DOUBLE STACK. This was the best performance at this distance, on average, among our three rifles, but results were close. I think the HM2 has a future. The A17 17 HM2 is designed with a free-floating, button rifled barrel, corrosion resistant chrome plated bolt, bolt release and removable dust cover for improved functionality. But the sequence was still less than ideal. So, in 2004, Hornady and CCI made a big to-do of the new .17 Mach 2, which produced muzzle velocities twice the speed of sound. Cooper Model 21 Left Hand 17 Mach IV,24" barrel that looks to have been turned,fancy wood. Learn more here: http://bit.ly/1G7xXag. This is by no means a criticism, because the 917 has a good action that has proved its worth in other Marlin rimfires. If you havent heard yet, be advised that millions of gun owners may soon be classified as felons if a new Bureau of Alcohol, .17 Mach 2s: New England Firearms Sportster Is An Affordable Blast to SIG Sauer P365XL Spectre P365V001 9mm Luger, Springfield Armory Hellcat Pro HCP9379BOSP 9mm Luger, SHOT 2023: Savage Arms Introduces 1911 Government Model Pistols, 5 Best 9mm Pistols for Concealed Carry in 2023, New Shooters Guide: The Best Gun For Home Defense Isnt a. This was an extremely limited test by only working with two boxes. (That's nearly 70 percent faster than a standard-velocity .22 LR.) Firearms are only available for purchase online. This also trimmed its profile for more comfortable carry when slung over-the-shoulder. %PDF-1.6 % The CNC-machined receiver features an integral 20 MOA Picatinny . Unless the trigger was pressed, the transfer bar remained in the down position. This point of balance made the gun feel lighter than its 7+ pounds. The magazine release consisted of a sheet metal tab that was pulled to the rear to disengage. Groups were measured with a set of digital calipers edge-to-edge and 0.172the diameter of a .17 bulletwas deducted and recorded. Our 917M2 arrived without sights, but the receiver was drilled and tapped for a two-piece scope mount. first came out in 1975 it has adjustable weights along below the barrel for balance, a cocking lever below the front of the action to cock the weapon after the bolt is closed. The first five-shot group measured a not-so-impressive 1.030 inches but was followed, in order, by .902 inches, .620 inches and finally a dazzling .213 inches! Those rimfire hunters quickly realized the .17 HM2 had plenty of killing power, was more than flat enough, bucked the wind better than .22 LR and, most importantly, didnt make a mess of things if you intended to eat your target. Head shots or nothing, became the Mach 2 small-game hunters credo. Were it not for a blown group in the .800s (that was probably me), it may very well have come in second place accuracy-wise. Show Only Guns The Suggested retail price for the CZ 452 American in .17 Mach 2 is $389.00 Subscriber Services. But eleven of these rifles are chambered for .17 HMR. Overall length is 37 inches; weight unloaded is five pounds. Its also worth noting that at 150 and 200 yards, the CCI and Hornady 17-grain offerings punch clean holes in paper with my rifles. Pull a Hornady bullet and a CCI bullet, and youll see the powder looks identical. SAAMI Accepts 30 Super Carry As New Standardized Cartridge, SHOT 2022: Federal Premium Announces 30 Super Carry Cartridge, Side-by-Side Showdown: S&Ws Elite Gold Outshoots L.C. The stock featured a walnut hardwood finish with traditional diamond patterning embossed on the forend and upon the slender pistol grip. Today, the rifles we use are still constantly being updated and innovated to provide increases in durability and accuracy. Residents 6% Sales Tax applicable Shipping $ 35.00 SOLD Rifle Caliber: .17 Mach 2 The .17-caliber barrel has four grooves and a right-hand twist rate of one turn in nine inches. Shop online for the best selection and prices of 17 HMR rifles at Hinterland Outfitters. A two-piece scope mount was in place when we opened the box. Manufacturers have spent a lot of time studying and testing the gas pressure-bolt weight relationship for semiautomatics chambered for the new .17 Mach2. Specifications and features: Marlin model 917M2 rimfire rifle .17 MACH 2 Bolt-action repeater 7 round capacity T-900 fire control system Single-stage trigger Thumb safety Red cocking indicator Monte Carlo walnut stock, cut-checkering Mar-Shield finish 1:9" twist Blued steel Drilled & tapped for scope Swivel studs 41" overall length 5-1/2" lbs. The magazine release was not fancy, but the edges of the pull back bar were radiused and smooth. In fact we shot the Mark II F more than our other rifles if for no other reason than to find out if the trigger would get better or significantly worse. CANNON ACTION WITH RCBS DIES. Save my name and email to use for future comments. Our 100-yard shots were the last groups fired, and they werent as bad as we would have expected judging from our initial efforts. All told, 10 five-shot groups of each ammo type were sent into USBR targets at 50 yards. Brand. The black synthetic stock was flat across the comb with a thin pistol grip that, like the forend area, offered a traditional pattern of checkering. The Volquartsen Summit is my favorite 17 Mach 2 for huntingnot because its the most accurate Mach 2 in my collection, but because its the most durable, weather-resistant and handiest in the woods. Actual buyer must pickup from FFL dealer who will conduct the background check. Quantity . 1:9" twist. Casting Your Own Bullets for Lever-Action Rifles, The Staying Power of the .257 Roberts Cartridge, SIG Sauer P365 Pistol Now Offered in .380, Ruger MAX-9 9mm Micro-Sized High-Capacity Pistol: Review, 10mm Firepower: Springfield XD-M Elite 3.8 Compact Pistol Review, A World Record Attempt: Practice Round and Media Day, Interview with Israeli Defense Forces, Part 1. #3: N.E.F Sportster. Subscribe to OL+ for our best feature stories and photography. The stock was one piece completely enveloping the action but left about five dollar bills width of float beneath the barrel. In all of these cases, a barrel swap is a fairly easy process with minimal tools. Well, I guess Bill Jordan's "Red Gods" were smiling on me because I was able to spend a fair amount of time at the range with the new Model 717M2 last January, and while it was bitterly cold, wind and snow posed no problems. Until recently, finding any ammo for a Mach2 was like searching for hen's teeth. These orange adhesive circles featured a diamond-shaped bull that matched well with the diamond reticle of the Konus Pro scope. Fixed studs for attaching a sling were mounted front and rear. The manufacturer said that this was not a palm swell or similar feature but actually a manufacturing defect. Groups measuring less than a half inch were printed with both the Hornady and Remington ammunition. Designed for professionals, the Glock G17 is the most widely used law enforcement pistol worldwide. The sane should just buy a Savage. The thin-barrel version with iron sights, the Mark II F, costs a few dollars less. A sealed envelope containing two single cross-hatch Weaver mounts and slotted screws for mounting were enclosed. Licence # 89022850F. THIS IS THE MARLIN 917 M2 IN 17 MACH 2, DON'T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL, SO YOU NEVER MISS THE LATEST VIDEO !!!! Toppped w/Tasco scope & comes w/1 additional SS magazine. Top 5 Most Accurate Factory-Loaded Rifle Cartridges. GST) Temporarily Out Of Stock! The rifle is accurate out of the box and can be improved with a high-quality stock and bedding job. Vortex Crossfire II 2-732 Riflescope - 3 Models - Best Value for the Money Scope for 17HMR. That is, when we first started firing we would begin our press, only to be fooled by a period of grit and creep that coaxed us to stall or stop our movement. High capacity magazines are restricted in some jurisdictions, so please read this entire ad carefully before bidding or offering to buy. Description Glock 17 Gen 3 - NIB with 2 17 Round Mags, Factory Case, Cleaning Tools, Lock, Manual. #95416904; 17 Mach 2 cal. Go to cart page Continue . Unlike many rimfire rifles, which have the barrel and action held in the stock by a single screw, the 917 is held more firmly in the inletting by a couple of screws: one in the action and another in the barrel just forward of the action. On the other hand, COAL was more spread out. I do though want to encourage you to keep looking for one. It shows signs of light use and n (02320) This is a new CZ USA Model 457 American Combo rifle chambered in 22lr and 17 hmr. Having pieced together a truly budget rifle, we headed for the range. The stock was somewhat slender end to end, but did offer a Monte Carlo profile. caliber: .17 MACH 2. Our opinion is that we would favor the Mark II FV with heavy barrel to minimize this problem even if the thinner barreled rifle was lighter to carry and perhaps more suitable to younger folk. We found the grip end of the stock mated flush to the right-hand side of the flat-black colored receiver, but the left-hand side was slightly offset. All groups firing the Remington ammunition measured about 0.9 inches, so we tried shooting the Remington Accutip V boattails from the 100-yard bench. The CCI was very uniform by weight with 35 of the 50 rounds measuring to one-tenth of a grain, according to my RCBS powder scale. A CCI Stinger case, which measures 0.100-inch longer than a standard.22 LRcase, was necked down to take a 17-grain, 0.172-inch-diameter bullet. I can't explain the largest group other than it took me a bit of shooting to get used to the rifle's trigger, but once I settled down, I consistently fired half-inch groups. per page . New Shooters Guide: What Is a Pistol Caliber Carbine? Top 8 Best Scopes for 17HMR Reviews. Our heavy barreled rifles did not seem to have a problem with heat, but our Mark II F heated up quickly after just a few shots. *We Never share your email without your permission. Recoil: 0.17. They were Remingtons AccuTip V Boat tail, CCIs V-Max and Hornadys V-Max. They are a ton of fun, rather quiet and the ones I own are VERY accurate. Login to see listing price For Sale/Trade . These aluminum rings worked perfectly well and we were able to mount our Konus Pro scope just above the hammer. We recommend the use of protective eyewear whenever using or near the use of this item. This reminded us of a Remington 700. View other listings from this seller. t``-Vju zyk'::+R+&d(eV'-vZkYw:s=rqr6'6@WW\;C;r L That is, the detonation primer and powder sends the bullet down the barrel, and also moves the bolt back directly, ejecting the brass, then picking up and loading a fresh round from the magazine. 3.5 out of 5 star rating (2 reviews) Marlin Firearms 7 Round .22lr/.17 Hornady Mach 2 Magazine, Blued - 71900. Just $1 per month . I have shot up a lot of beverage cans with rimfires over the years, and I just can't get enough of that kind of fun shooting. Since rifles in .17 Mach 2 caliber, like the .17 HMR before it, can be based on existing .22 rimfire models, the new caliber can be quickly added to a makers catalog by the simple expedient of substituting a .17-caliber barrel. The barrel was just as heavy as the NEFs. Some love it, some dont, but you cannot argue with the interchangeability of the ACIS and Remington 700 footprint, allowing for the entire ecosystem of aftermarket Remington triggers, stocks, etc. My wish is for Savage to bring out the 17hm2 in the Minimalist. At 2,100 fps, that little bullet ran flat. The holes were plugged with blind screws. There were only three operational features on the NEF Sportser. Mikey Hartman, Lt. Col. After shooting the Marlin Model 717M2 in this manner, I'm good for a few more weeks. The two .17M2 models on the slate are the Mark II F and the Mark II FV, signifying a heavy varmint barrel such as the ones found on our other two rifles. Copyright 2023 National Rifle Association, Women On Target Instructional Shooting Clinics, Volunteer At The Great American Outdoor Show, Marion P. Hammer Women Of Distinction Award, Women's Wildlife Management / Conservation Scholarship, National Youth Shooting Sports Cooperative Program, Rifleman Q&A: Ruger Mark II Cartridge Conversion, Preview: Hornady Lock-N-Load 17-22 Rim Thickness Gauge, SHOT Show 2018: Aguila 28-Gauge Shotgun Shells, NRA Gun of the Week: Ruger Precision Rimfire Rifle, Competitors Corner: March 2023 | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, Fiocchi USA Appoints David Blenker As New CEO After Anthony Acitellis Retirement | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, Review: Ruger 10/22 Compact | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, New For 2023: Harrington & Richardson Retro AR-15s, The Model Of 1903 Springfield: A Collector's Perspective, The Keefe Report: True Velocity's Leap | An Official Journal Of The NRA, The Keefe Report: On The Range With An American Hero | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Trust But Verify: Function-Checking Your Guns | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Remington Returns: The Revival Of An Ammunition Giant | An Official Journal Of The NRA, WATCH: 2022 National Sporting Clays Championship | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, WATCH: Colt Python Revolver History | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, I Have This Old Gun: Maynard Carbine | An Official Journal Of The NRA, I Have This Old Gun: Winchester Model 12 Riot Gun | An Official Journal Of The NRA, I Have This Old Gun: Remington Model 51 | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Armed Citizen protected by Smith & Wesson, The Armed Citizen March 3, 2023 | An Official Journal Of The NRA, NRA Women | The Armed Citizen March 3, 2023, BEAR Arms: Making The Switch From Gun Owner to Armed Citizen | An Official Journal Of The NRA, NRA Women | The Armed Citizen February 17, 2023, X-Vision Optics Launches Thermal Impact Scope | An Official Journal Of The NRA, NRA Hunters' Leadership Forum | Veronica Kosich Receives NRA-Sponsored Diana Award at SCI Convention, Henry Supports Fallen Firefighters Foundation | An Official Journal Of The NRA, NRA Hunters' Leadership Forum | Freedom Hunters: Giving Back to Americas Veterans through Hunting and the Great Outdoors, Hardware: SIG Sauer P320-XTEN | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Rifleman Review: Smith & Wesson M&P12 | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Rifleman Review: Taurus G3X | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Video Review: Springfield Armory XD-M Elite 4.5 OSP in 10mm Auto | NRA Family, Springfield Armory XD-M Elite 4.5 OSP In 10 mm Auto, Video Review: KelTec P15 Semi-Auto Pistol | NRA Family, Video Review: Savage Stance Pistol | NRA Family, Preview: Leupold 2-10X 30 mm Mark 5HD Riflescope | An Official Journal Of The NRA, NRA Women | New for 2022: 20-Gauge Beretta A400 Xtreme Plus, Preview: Springfield Armory 1911 DS Double-Stack 9 mm Pistol Lineup | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, Find More Great NRA Publications Perfect For Every Interest, Discover Everything That The NRA Has To Offer. This comes in a grey laminate standard format stock. of Israeli Defense Forces, joins David Fortier for an exclusive interview for Shotgun News. Performance [ edit] The weight of the bullet is a key part of achieving a very high velocity for a rimfire round. The bolt action was smooth, and we could hear a zipping sound as it moved back and forth. Read Their Fine Print!! Parts List. An early issue with Mach 2 was reliability in semi-auto actions, namely the Ruger 10/22. And the rounds I put through it were on top of all the shooting Hornady had already done with it before I received it. This was during the Christmas/New Year's holiday season, and I was afraid that getting a replacement stock for the new rifle might be difficult. The Mach 2 propels the same 17gr V-Max bullet as the 17 HMR, but the Mach 2 runs about 16% slower 2100 fps vs. 2500 for the 17 HMR. Based on the .22 Long Rifle rimfire case, the new .17 Mach 2 (.17M2) is necked to seat a 17-grain, .17-caliber Hornady V-Max bullet and is powered to a nominal 2100 fps velocity from a standard SAAMI-reference 24-inch rifle barrel. The Savage does much of the same, but the bolt has a top lug that locks in place and delays the blowback a few critical milliseconds. Once you place the firearm in your cart and checkout you will receive a confirmation email that has your order number and further instructions. Buy guns online and ship free anywhere in USA! There was a manual safety similar to the Marlin design, but its operation was somewhat notchy, if not just as secure. Sorting is largely a waste of time when it comes to .22 LR because Eley and Lapua do a much better job sorting their good ammo than any shooter with a powder scale ever couldand they package their most consistent, uniform ammo together under brands like X-Act and Tenex. But before I get into detailing those results, let's take a close look at the Model 717M2. The FFL Dealer will begin processing the shipment. 3. . It includes a NO Credit Card Fees Like the Other Guys!! $900.00. Although the used-market price will certainly be more than the cost of a new Savage A17 HM2, a delayed blowback Mach 2 semi-auto works well right out of the box. GUN COLLECTIONS WANTED FOR CASH! Savage has succeeded with semi-auto rimfires where most others have failed, thanks to their innovative delayed blow-back action. Based on the CCI stinger case, the .17Mach2 is a step up from the .22LR and a step down from the 17HMR performance-wise. If you choose an FFL Dealer that is not on our preferred list, you or your FFL Dealer will be required to fax or email us a signed copy of the Federal Firearms License referencing your Cheaper Than Dirt! So lets not be overly surprised that Marlins new Model 917 M2S looks a lot like its earlier models. Joseph Von Benedikt visits with Aaron Oelger from Hodgdon about the unprecedented demand on the shooting supply industry. Jim Carmichel This new chambering for the A17 semi-automatic rifle joins the already extremely popular, 17HMR A17 rifle, that was released in 2015. Marlin / Glenfield Rifles 917M2. We couldnt help but notice that the current savagearms.com website showed each of these models with the AccuTrigger. The .22 WMR necked down to .17 was indeed flatter and hit with more sauce than the .22 LR Stinger necked down to .17. Groups fired from 100 yards with the Remington ammunition ranged from 1.6 inches to 2.0 inches across. 1. COMPETITOR PISTOL 17 MACH IV 16 . Select to pick it up at our store or let us mail it to you or your loved one. Find a FFL Dealer. 7249 (konusscopes.com). This bullet trajectory chart compares the .17 HMR, .17 HM2, .22 Long Rifle and .22 Magnum. Accuracy-wise, on good days with little wind, all my Mach 2s will print sub 1-inch groups at 100 yards, but more often linger around the 1.25- to 1.5-inch mark. You never know how a gun review is going to turn out until it's finished. Rifle Magazines. CIMARRON 1874 RIFLE FROM DOWN UNDER .45-70 34"OCT. CC/BLUED. MSRP: $1,225, Unless youre made of money, this should be your first 17 Mach 2 rifle. It was developed by necking down a .22 Magnum case to take a .17 caliber (4.5 mm) projectile. The .17 HM2 stands (l. to r.) next to itsfirst cousin, the .17 HMR and its father, the .22 LR. We stock specialty brands such as Wilson Combat, Nighthawk Custom, JP Rifles, Cooper Firearms, Caesar Guerini, Cabot, and Les Baer in addition to standard brands like Smith & Wesson, Glock, Ruger, Savage, and Springfield Armory. Antique (Pre-1899) Rifles - Flintlock Misc, Antique (Pre-1899) Rifles - Matchlock/Wheellock Misc, Century Arms International (CAI) - Rifles, Muzzleloading Modern & Replica Rifles (perc), Winchester Rifles - Modern Bolt/Auto/Single, Winchester Rifles - Pre-1899 Bolt/Single Shot, Century Arms International (CAI) - Pistols, Colt Automatic Pistols (.25, .32, & .380 cal), Colt Single Action Revolvers - Modern (22 Cal. This item is currently unavailable. Eight major concealed carry insurance programs are now available to the millions of Americans who carry concealed. Add your selected firearm(s) to your shopping cart and check out. MARLIN 917M2S CALIBER 17MACH 2 Description: Guns Listing ID: 737633 Specifications and features: Marlin model 917M2S rimfire rifle caliber: .17 MACH 2 Bolt-action repeater 7 round capacity T-900 fire control system Single-stage trigger Thumb safety Red cocking indicator 1:9\" twist Stainless Steel Barrel Drilled & tapped for scope Swivel studs One is the Thompson R55, which was the original gun used to test the reliability of this caliber in a semi-auto rifle. Sightron S-TAC 4-2050 Riflescope - Best Premium Scope for 17HMR. Fees can vary so check with the FFL Dealer ahead of time to request a quote on the fees associated with your firearm transfer. So, in 2004, Hornady and CCI made a big to-do of the new .17 Mach 2, which produced muzzle velocities twice the speed of sound. The receiver is made from steel and features a blued finish. Marlin XT-22m Magazine $39.95 FOR SALE Caliber: Condition: GOOD State: Queensland More Details. We only printed one five-shot group that measured as much as a full inch across. The used value of a 17 MACH2 rifle has risen $10.83 dollars over the past 12 months to a . To test this, I sorted a box of CCI V-Max by weight, and another box by cartridge overall length (COAL). Marlin came out with their Model 717M2 (with the M2 standing for Mach 2) in 2005 to capitalize on this new round. At the range we discovered that the trigger had a mixture of takeup and creep. The .17 HM2 is a rimfire cartridge with 17 grain that has a velocity of 2,100 ft/s. The trigger is among the best compared to other sub-$500 rimfire rifles. Equipped with the AccuTrigger, we think the Mark II F would be a much better rifle. Make Offer. Our targets were 6-inch Target Spots by Birchwood Casey. 2. I fired this rifle more than 200 times with Hornady's 17-grain V-Max loading without cleaning it and had absolutely no malfunctions. Guns & Military Artifacts > Day Two Gun Collectors Dream Auction #33 1200 Lots The Raven is their dedicated small-game rifle, available in .22 LR, .22 WMR, .17 HMR and .17 HM2. Groups ranged in size from 1.1 to 1.9 inches. If the last time you tuned in to the world of rimfire ammunition the .17 Hornady Magnum Rimfire (HMR) was all the rage, then you probably missed the arrival of Hornadys .17 Mach 2 cartridge. Rimfire Area. Seventeen-caliber rifles are just a little bit magic. Learn the difference between revolvers and semi-auto pistols and what makes them different. The other is the Marlin 717. Ultimately, the success of any new cartridge depends on the number and choices of rifles in which it is offered. Subscribe to OL+ for our best feature stories and photography. But both the .17 HMR and .17 Mach 2 rifles ship with a Weaver mount in place. The forend showed a black pebble finish to match the stock and offered an indentation for grip immediately below the flush-fitting heavy varmint barrel. . This magazine is constructed of steel and is compatible with Marlin bolt and pre-1996 semi-auto action rifles. We noticed that the throw of the bolt on the Mark II F was shorter than the Marlin action by almost one third, (approximately 1.2 inches versus about 1.55 inches). That said, its older .17 HM2 offering doesnt outperform current runs from CCI and Hornady. A little round that has interested me alot for years. The pressure curve with .17 HM2 compared to .22 LR is dramatically steep. Federal law requires firearms to be shipped to FFL Dealers. But while the .17 HMR boasts a muzzle velocity of 2,550 fps, the propellant capacity of the smaller Long Rifle case yields only 2,100 fps (roughly twice the speed of sound, hence the name Mach 2). Then I spent a fair amount of time shooting at, and hitting, empty soda pop cans. A $16.95 handling fee will be charged per order. I choose the Volquartsen .17 Mach 2 Heavy Bolt (#930 . A solution was a heavier Ruger bolt, either with a block of tungsten attached on the underside as Volquartsen did, or with a heavy charging handle. Sorry, there are no results in your area. I made a quick call to Hornady and informed Johnson and Holt that the stock had been damaged in transit. ma, semi auto. 02/16 . Great article! Savage Arms Mark II F .17 Mach 2 Bolt-Action Rifle | Academy The free-floating barrel of this Savage Arms Mark II F .17 Mach 2 Bolt-Action Rifle features button rifling and a 21-inch length. Every hunter and sport shooter can find their favorite, trusted rifle to take with them on their excursions. We use cookies to improve your website experience. All the Mach 2 ammo Ive ever put through a chrono runs between 2,050 and 2,200 fps, whatever the gun. There was still a matter of inspecting and shooting the gun and then getting it back to Hornady in a short window of time, but barring any further complications it was doable. Owner's Manual. Page 2 of 2 First 1 2. Joseph Von Benedikt shows his custom 500 and how well it shoots. Much of that can be attributed to the velocity of . | Lighter and tougher and more precise than ever, it's the perfect back country hunting rifle. The A17 HM2 works, is inexpensive and can be made very accurate by glass bedding action to stock. One seven-round magazine was supplied. Shot into ballistic gelatin from an 18-barreled Marlin 60 rifle and a 200-f.p.s. But since it didnt really look out of place or affect function, we were willing to let it pass. The .17 HM2 is based on the .22 Long Rifle "Stinger" case, necked down to .17 caliber (4.5 mm) and using a bullet weighing less than half the weight of a typical .22 Long Rifle bullet. The .17 Hornady Mach 2, or .17 HM2, is a rimfire ammo cartridge introduced in 2004 by the ammunition manufacturer Hornady. From the 100-yard bench, our groups averaged 1.8 inches across firing the Hornady ammunition, mainly due to one 2.2-inch cluster. Marlin .22lr and 17 Mach 2 Review - YouTube Marlin .22lr and 17 Mach 2 Review 4,725 views Dec 9, 2017 19 Dislike Share Save TNGA Outdoors 32 subscribers Here's a review on the Marlin 22lr /. If we were dissatisfied, they were willing to apply a new stock. The overall average accuracy was 0.65 inch. The trigger guard was molded as part of the stock. Manufacturer: Marlin Firearms Model: 717M2 Operation: Blowback autoloader Caliber: 17 Mach 2 Barrel Length: 18 inches Overall Length: 37 inches Weight, empty: 5 pounds Safety: Crossbolt Sights: Adjustable rear; ramp front Stock: Monte Carlo-style hardwood Magazine Capacity: 7 rounds Finish: Blued metal; Mar-Shield wood Its still setting in the safe, waiting for me to finish it.