He could be a No. For those of you preparing for the annual rookie draft in your dynasty league, here are my rankings for this year's crop of first-year players: 1. With Giannis Antetokounmpo, Jabari Parker, Kris Middleton and now Maker, the Bucks could be an absolute force if they all continue to grow stronger. Augustin was playing 23 minutes per game for the Nugs, and I could see Jamal at least getting those minutes early on, with a sure shot at earning more. I think thats the perfect kind of player to mentor a future superstar like Ingram. He should catch a lot of passes, even as a rookie, but making a lot of plays down the field will be tough because of Teddy Bridgewater. At 63 he is as tall as any running back youll see, but he has the strength and speed to put fear in defending corners and smaller linebackers. His workload in college is worrisome (593 carries over three seasons), and DeMarco Murray is only 28. He's talented, but his opportunity could be limited landing with the Dolphins. Massive 7-footer, staying in Europe to play for at least one more season, but if youre a team in tank errrr rebuild mode, then consider taking him in this late first round and stashing him. As is the case with a lot of players cut from this mold, there will be a bit of a transitional phase where Ingram will have trouble time to time finding his shot, but I have no doubt that hes going to turn out to be one of the better shooters and shot creators in the league. Enjoy! How Deyonta Davis fell all the way to round two I will never know. 2 receiver opposite Jeremy Maclin. Has great size, but his upside is a sixth man scoring type, and thats not gonna fly if hes shooting sub-40%. Brock Osweiler also doesn't seem to be the type of quarterback to enhance his game. 4y Mike Clay. Wasnt on my radar until he participated at the NBA combine, and he took full advantage of that chance to show what he can do when given PT. Well, he will be on that end, but on the other end of the floor is where he needs a lot of polish. He should be good as a rookie and an eventual star once the Browns figure out their quarterback situation. On one hand, Evan Turner leaving Boston was a plus for Brown, but when Al Horford signed it was a bigger blow. Enjoy my 2016 Post-Draft Dynasty Rookie Rankings in Cheat Sheet form:I have included a color code for Dynasty value per round. Thanks to his handles and passing ability, the 610 Simmons can play anywhere from a small-ball center to a game controlling point guard. I see the potential in him, but he has a lot of grooming to be done before hes ready to be a fantasy relevant player at this level. Despite being one of the highest rated rookies, Derrick Henry wasnt selected until the second round because of his bruiser mentality, which can prove to have a short lifespan in the NFL. Jamal hit the eighth most 3-pointers in the NCAA last year and consistently was a big scorer despite being on a Kentucky team that was loaded with talent as always. Hes got 10+ pts 8+ rebs 1+ blk upside with valuable playing time, but that us where theres an issue. Aug 19, 2016 Dynasty Drafts for Your Fantasy Football Team, 2016 Dynasty Rookie Draft (+IDP) Rankings (16.0) Posted at CFM. MORE: 2023 Dynasty Rookie Rankings. Clay: 2016 rookie dynasty fantasy football rankings, 2023 NFL combine preview: 15 future fantasy football stars to watch, Out of dark, Rodgers vows decision coming soon, Bucs to cut Fournette; RB says it was his request, Giants plan to release WR Golladay, source says, Commanders release QB Wentz after one season, Cards' Gannon: Murray 'on schedule' with rehab, Sources: Ex-Raiders QB Carr has visit with Jets, RB Jones reworking deal to stay with Packers. Computer selections are filtered out, and only human selections are considered. He did a bit of everything for the Spartans posting a regular season line of 19.2 points, 7.5 rebounds, 7.8 assists, 1.0 steals and 3.4 treys while shooting 46% from the field and 44.4% from beyond the arc. Don't be surprised if he ends up as the best receiver for the Rams this season. "I'm a pest, bro," Clark said from the podium at the NFL Combine. 2015 college stats: 3,793 passing yards, 29 touchdowns and five interceptions; 588 rushing yards and 10 touchdowns. Prince was traded to Atlanta in the Jeff Teague deal, and due to the trade taking a bit to finalize, he wasnt able to practice with the Hawks summer squad, he was instead thrust right into the games later. Running Backs. Anderson injury away from stardom in Denver. 2015 college stats: 1,651 passing yards, 17 touchdowns and four interceptions; 294 rushing yards and six touchdowns. 1) Najee Harris (RB1 - Pittsburgh Steelers) Despite what zero RB truthers want you to believe, running backs are the backbones of your dynasty teams. Still, playing time will be tough in the early going. Will they be happy with this collection of talent? Email marketing by StrikeStack. It'll be interesting to see how he shares carries in 2016 with Justin Forsett and Javorius Allen. Green and Tyler Eifert draw the majority of the coverage, Boyd will be left to torch linebackers and third-string corners with the same legs that saw him average 13 yards a catch at Pittsburgh. So, while I may like a players talent/upside more overall, where they got drafted will definitely be reflected, as well as their age (age shown will be their age as of the start of the upcoming season). First words that come to mind when I think of Brandon Ingram (aside from F Duke) are smooth assassin. I dont know if hell ever reach Kevin Durant level, but he has that same frame, loves to get the ball in isolation situations and has a sweet shooting stroke that can hit from distance. Year. Its hard to say, but its very rare for a college player who shot under 40% from inside the arc to transition to a good NBA player. Higgins was the fifth receiver drafted in Cleveland in Round 5 from Colorado State, and he could be the biggest surprise of the class based on what he did in college. 3. There just wasnt more than three or four players that I was so confident in that it was worth passing up the upside that came with Maker. Aside from Ben Simmons, I thought that Dunn was the closest to being NBA ready on their draft night, and in just two games of summer league action, he showed right away that he was above that competition. Note: This data is archived from 2016. Jared Cook is gone, not that he was a big factor, but Higbee could start right away in 2016. The kid shined and made us all ooh and ahh as he made incredible pass, after beautiful pass, after no-look pass. This isnt a spot to get cute or make a stance that you think another rookie could be better in the long run, even if it is entirely possible. He was a career backup at Alabama, but he could be an asset in PPR leagues based on his ability to catch the ball. In 73 games played in 2016 he hit 13 home runs to go with 33 stolen bases. Slap Shot Podcast Episode 43: Jack Eichel Traded to Las Vegas, Slap Shot Podcast Episode 42: Chicago Blackhawks Scandal With Kyle Beach, Slap Shot Podcast Episode 41:Broken Start, Slap Shot Podcast Episode 40: Predicting Each Division. This allowed Mario Chalmers to play 23 minutes a night between guard spots in 55 games with the Grizz last year. 2015 college stats: 129 carries for 708 yards and three touchdowns; 37 catches for 280 yards and two touchdowns. He could be the Texans version of Dexter McCluster or maybe even Dion Lewis. They already have two young receivers with plenty of upside in DeVante Parker and Jarvis Landry. Theres a real chance that Zubac could start getting relevant minutes right away if he continues to play like he did in summer league. >> If you're new to Underdog Fantasy, sign up with promo code "33rd" for a 100% deposit match up to $100. 2015 college stats: 4,719 passing yards, 43 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. You probably won't want to draft from this. With his Masters in history and professional experience as an educator, John Laub is uniquely qualified to research, analyze and discover new insights and trends in college and professional fantasy football. Detailed information on these average draft position calculations can be found here. He got a favorable landing spot with the Bengals, who have to replace Marvin Jones and Mohamed Sanu as free agents. With over 1000+ 5-Star Reviews on iTunes, Dynasty Nerds is the Most trusted Source of Dynasty Fantasy Rankings, Rookie Breakdowns, Dynasty Trade Strategy. He needs to gain 50lbs as quick as possible to really become the monster that I foresee in him down the line. FREE PREMIUM. Sure, hes older than most in the summer league, but he still went out there and handled his business and looked ready for the regular season. Tyler Ervin out of San Jose State is definitely a name to watch. Tight Ends. 2015 college stats: 268 carries for 1,261 yards and 11 touchdowns; 37 catches for 318 yards. What I like most about Chriss is the combo of strength, size and athleticism whereas most bigs at this age are lucky to just have two of those three. Shepard benefits playing opposite Odell Beckham, and he should play Randall Cobb's role for Ben McAdoo, who was a former Green Bay assistant. Philly has said hell spend time in the D-League this year, but with just the underwhelming Gerald Henderson and meh to this point Nik Stauskas ahead of him on the depth chart, I could definitely see Luwawu getting more run towards the later half of the upcoming season season. Only a few running backs cracked the top 10 in the rookie rankings, but Derrick Henry's size/speed combo is certainly inviting. 2022 Dynasty Rookie Rankings. You might need some patience with Williams since he will play behind LeSean McCoy and Karlos Williams, but once McCoy (28) is gone from Buffalo he could get an extended look. Although he is not as popular as Elliot, wide receiver Tyler Boyd has found himself in a perfect situation in Cincinnati where the Bengals will look to use his vast skill set and hands of glue to their advantage. It could take time for Carroo to thrive. He has some character issues to overcome after four suspensions at the University of Florida, but the Chiefs are desperate for a No. Top 25%. Really good rebounder, but hes a couple years away from seeing relevant court time if he stays in OKC. "Like I'm a pest around the ball." Clark relishes the role of being counted out and unnoticed. Then, a year goes by and not only did his physical frame mature, but he also showed great improvement on his jumper, albeit inconsistent at times. Wide Receivers. Juan impressed this summer averaging 10.2 points and 8.2 boards while shooting 54% from the field. 2015 college stats: 79 catches for 1,327 yards and 14 touchdowns. For detailed player profiles of each notable fantasy . Useful for fantasy draft preparation. Dynasty Rookie Average Draft Position (2016), 12 teams All Players Position Year Display Data from 2551 fantasy football mock drafts between May 25, 2016 and September 2, 2016. We knew coming in that he needed to work on his jumper, but thats not something to over-dwell on. Henry Ellenson got drafted by the perfect coach for his style of play and potential. If hes ever going to crack a Spurs rotation though, hes going to have to stop looking for his own shot so frequently and learn to make the passes needed if theyre there. If you want to draft someone who will produce right away, you should probably look elsewhere, but long-term, its hard to deny the promise from this 7-foot-1 big man. We all know about Ezekiel Elliott, and he's easily the No. Display. And he should make plenty of plays in 2016. LeBron James is still one of the worst outside the paint shooters in the league and I think its fair to say that hes had reasonable success in fantasy. SVG could mold this guy into a real baller in time. 2015 college stats: 74 catches for 1,363 yards and 20 touchdowns. AP Defensive Player of the Year: Khalil Mack. But if his talent shines through he could become a No. Enjoy my 2016 Post-Draft Dynasty Rookie Rankings in Cheat Sheet form:I have included a color code for Dynasty value per round. Also, an extensive 2016 NFL Fantasy Football Preseason Stock Report. Plenty of long-term potential here for dynasty owners who are okay not getting immediate production. Thon was an attractive 79% from the foul line on 24 attempts which is always a plus with a big man. The hype headed into last season was really high for Skal Labissiere as he was placed in the top-5 of most NBA mock drafts this time last year, but he underwhelmed statistically averaging just over six points and three rebounds on the season at Kentucky. So, as mentioned above, Maker is one of the riskier options, not so much a safe pick in a dynasty, but Im personally buying in. 2015 college stats: 208 carries for 1,078 yards and 14 touchdowns; 21 catches for 201 yards and two touchdowns. We wish he had a longer tenure with Tom Brady, but we hope a lot of big plays are ahead however long they are paired together. 31 out of 125. Aaron Rodgers leads list of players on the fantasy football hot seat for 2023, Fantasy football season recap, key stats and look ahead to 2023, Fantasy football 2023 offensive depth charts, Fantasy football 2023 defensive depth charts, Fantasy football, NFL analyst for ESPN.com, Member of Pro Football Writers of America, Founding director of Pro Football Focus Fantasy, 2013 FSTA award winner for most accurate preseason rankings. The second half of last season D.J. 2 overall selection? How the roles shake out here is a big mystery, but Beasley isnt likely to see relevant minutes any time soon. He's an above average talent in a special situation playing behind the Cowboys offensive line. The Nuggets just have so many guards in Emmanuel Mudiay, Will Barton, Gary Harris and fellow rookie Malik Beasley, not to mention NBA vet Jameer Nelson who they should have no reason to use at this point but you never know. Josh Jacobs: RB: OAK: 21-6: 1: 2. 2023 Rookie Draft Big Board. He has excellent vision and is fluid when running through the tackles. Loved his game and upside out of FSU, really surprised me when I expected FSU to be all about Dwayne Bacon. The Browns drafted five receivers to address a huge need at the position, and Payton could easily emerge as a starter opposite Coleman or play in three-receiver sets. Henry has the ideal frame of a young NBA big man at 610 and a 91 standing reach, and for being that big, this kid has some handles on him and create his own shot with really impressive instincts. It's been Bijan Robinson for the last three years, and that will not change now. 2015 college stats: 271 carries for 1,577 yards and 20 touchdowns; 13 catches for 95 yards. The following browsers are supported: Chrome, Edge (v80 and later), Firefox and Safari. Being mentored by a guy like Jae Crowder should be good for Brown, Crowder wasnt a fantasy factor as soon as he hit the league either. That all said, hes got a good shot at starting from day one, so he will get early playing time, which many other rookies wont see, and thats the only reason that I have Buddy this high. He'll do a lot of handing off as a rookie with Todd Gurley in the backfield. He struggled this summer finding his groove though, connecting on just 4-of-16 from beyond the arc, but he started looking more comfortable in the last two games where he shot 13-of-25 from the field and 4-of-10 from trey-ville. Ezekiel Elliott is the No. 2004-2023 CBS Interactive. Hes just got to figure out how to stay on his feet so that he doesnt foul out of every game he plays more than 15 minutes in, hes really, really bad at that currently, and his recognition on defense it always late, making him late to the spots he needs to be. Even in Superflex leagues, Bijan Robinson is the No. Zack began playing fantasy basketball in the 10th grade (1999) from any class that had a computer with internet access. My Rookie Rankings, Rookie Sleepers list and the complete Fantasy Couch Draft Kit are always at your [], Avid Bengals fan and fantasy football writer and personality for Fantasy Couch, 2016 Fantasy Football Rookie Dynasty Rankings, - Draft Simulator: Draft against the computer -. KTC's dynasty fantasy football rankings crowdsource the current market value of players and picks from 8209959 data points (and counting) provided by users like you. 2015 college stats: 238 carries for 1,519 yards and nine touchdowns; 26 catches for 160 yards. I had hopes of Wade Baldwin being drafted by a team that didnt have a locked in quality point man, but instead he went to Memphis who has the highest paid player in the NBA as of typing this (wait til next year), Mike Conley ahead of him. There's upside here, but he's low on the depth chart. Jackson won't see the field in 2016 behind Elliott, Darren McFadden and Alfred Morris, but he could emerge as the handcuff to Elliott in 2017.