We have four good reasons. I have an un-open bottle of Glen Garry Blended Scotch Whiskey that is from the John Hopkins & Co. of Glasgow Scotland that is at least 69-70 yeas old. Canadian is a famous brand and a good choice for Canadian whiskey in bars. Many of the smaller distilleries create unique blends, as they can experiment further with smaller batches. Well, as time goes on and oxygen has the opportunity to interact with whats in your bottle, some of the alcohol will evaporate. This reduces the value significantly since the perception is that something bottles in 1951 would taste the same as a 2005 bottling. Almost all compound in distilled spirits are heat stable since they were distilled at high temperatures, compared to ambient storage temperatures, so heat doesnt affect them as long as they are sealed. Matthew Trueblood While cleaning, I tasted it. I was going to sell them on ebay but I guess it is illegal to mail alcohol unless you are a dealer. Had somewhat less bite or burn on the finish. Nothing on this website should be taken as professional advice and we always encourage responsible drinking. Shake very well before straining in a glass. Had that same liquid stayed in the barrel and been bottled today, that would be a different story. A year goes by and it seamed to not be as bad but still not great so back on the shelf it went and i forgot about it till about another year later. 88076 Heaven Hill, formerly used by United Distillers and Schenley Oak. Part of the fight was about his drinking, so he hid the bottle. I do think that it changes. The reason it's funny to me is because the only place I've ever seen Crown Royal advertised (besides a few magazines) is on the sides of liquor stores, usually alongside advertisements for Night Train or OE. I found a bottle of Crown Royal from 1985 in the back of my fathers liquor cabinet a few months back. Obviously, Crown Royal dominates the landscape as an international brand. Lifetime . The gentlemen at a function introduce me to it and I have drank it ever since. I Love Lucy Lunch Box!! While it lacks the mystique and potentially robust flavor that Crown Royal boasts, it certainly makes up for it in price point. The black series is an exclusive blend stored in charred oak barrels with higher proof. The whiskeys are aged for a minimum of 3 years in oak barrels. It was matured to perfection. Free Member. I have over 70 bottles and have seen many different boxes but none in a brown box with the seagrams crown logo. At retail, the price a dealer is asking might be $1,000. Effective July 1, 1938, the Internal Revenue code mandated that bonded spirits display the following statement: This bottle has been filled and stamped under the provisions of Section 2903-9, inclusive Internal Revenue Code. Most people will say no, and dismiss anybody who says yes as naive. We store it in a dry cupboard in a dark corner. You will find my email, website, cell, and the script attached below: Okay, I need to stop typing "Willson Contreras" every damned time, Question About Vintage Sealed Seagram's Crown Royal Whisky, http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif, http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue, Why the Brewers Need to Sign Willy Adames to an Extension Now, and What It'll Cost, Milwaukee Brewers 2023 X-Factors: Matt Arnold, and Whether This Really is New Management, Despite New Restrictions, The Shift Lives On, Young Brew Crew Spotlight: Jadher Areinamo. I opened an 3 year bottle of crown royal it was smoother. The label had been mostly eaten off, and there was a mud-dobbers nest on the half-empty bottle. I cannot be held responsable for items damaged in transit if buyer does not choose insurance. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. P .s. Powered by Invision Community. Why are there multiple entries for the same model ?ELGIN POCKET WATCH, OS, 15J, GRADE 267, VINTAGE 1904, GP HUNTER, SERVICED/RUNNER $99.99 $6.00 shipping or Best Offer 13 watching 1893 ELGIN HUNTING CASE Ornate Antique 18 SIZE MULTI-COLOR Pocket Watch w/HORSE $102.50 11 bids $6.00 shipping 8d 11h 124 YEARS OLD ELGIN 15j 14k GOLD FILLED HUNTER . While vanilla flavoring can often taste faker than one of those robotic "there is a warrant out for your arrest" scam calls, Crown Royal Vanilla manages to capture the true essence of the pricey bean. Seagrams "7" Crown is a 2-year-old American blended whiskey, and should not be confused with Crown Royal, which is a 10-year-old Canadian whisky. Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Most bourbons and ryes had a tax strip seal over the cap up through 1985. Put an orange peel or lemon twist on the top. The Crown Royal offers a unique signature blend that affects the pricing of the Canadian whiskey. Currently working on more soda fountain history. In 1977 he married my mother and was given advice from family friends he should stop drinking hard liquor. I can tell you with certainty that it is as good or better than when first opened and our bottle has tons of oxygen in the bottle. Age: 16 Years. Very smooth.wonderful I loved every drop. Member AOA.Founded . document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); All content Copyright Whiskey-Reviews.com, April 26, 2012 41 comments. Crown Royal Canadian Whisky has been owned by Diageo since 2000 and is produced in Gimli, Manitoba, at the Crown Royal Distillery and blending is done in Amherstburg . Crown Royal was released in the United States in the 1960s and has since become the top selling Canadian whisky. Before we go any further, lets define what aging is in relation to whiskey. As you stated , the alcohol level probably got lower through miniscule evaporation but they were probably bottling it at a higher proof in the 60s. Popular Vintages. Delivery Items are typically shipped within 24 hours of confirmed payment and include free delivery confirmation when shipped via USPS Priortiy mail. Technically there can still be some changes going on, if let says the bottle was exposed to light for a long period of time, but for the most part, once bottled high proof spirits dont age. Amongst them was another bottle of Bundaberg Gold. trying find out when my crown royal was made limited edition bottle number KCG056 and what it might be worth? So if any change does happen, it would be insignificant. The XR is a blend of the rarest Crown Royal whiskies from the last batch of LaSalle distillery in 1993. 83924 Heaven Hill This will usually tell youwithin a year or twowhen the whiskey was bottled. This is a paid opportunity. 88004 Buffalo Trace Why is it so hard to find? However, you can drink it with ice because even in a small amount of water, the whiskeys aroma will open up to make your drink more enjoyable. Black Velvet Whiskey Price (UPDATED 2022), Buchanans Whisky Prices Guide (UPDATED 2022), Macallan Whiskey Prices Guide (Updated 2022), Virginia Black Whiskey Guide (UPDATED 2022), Fireball Whisky Prices Guide (UPDATED 2022), Whiskey Prices Guide 2022 Most Popular Whiskey Brands in US. Online Drinks Retailer of the Year Free UK Mainland standard delivery on orders over 100 . Shooting Feb. 25th (this saturday). Whiskey, Rum and Old Spirit Bottle Price Evaluators, How to Make Chocolate Syrup with Cocoa Powder. I have a bottle of your Virginia Gentlemen Whiskey that is about 30 years old. Aged for a whopping 29 years, it features a . Code: Crown RoyalBrand: Crown RoyalStatus: In Stock US$925.00 Add to Cart Wild Turkey FREEDOM Whiskey -'A Blend of Exceptional 7 to 13 Year Old.. Wild Turkey FREEDOM Whiskey Boxed Code: Crown RoyalBrand: Crown RoyalStatus: In Stock US$455.00 Add to Cart Wild Turkey I don't wan't it. Some bottles produced during the transition will show both metric and ounces. For example, a bottle of Glenavon whisky from 1851 sold for about $29,000. . Unlike wine, once whisky, and spirits in general, are bottled they dont age. Whiskey bottled decades ago isnt really much different than whiskey bottled today. Yours look like fifths or 750 mLs to me, but it's hard to judge size from that picture. Copyright 2023 BottledPrices.com. Taste a new pinnacle of luxury: Crown Royal Aged 18 Years Extra Rare Blended Canadian Whisky. Wines, however, can be affected by heat. Traditionally, maturation occurs when the whiskey is in the barrel, and anything housing the whiskey before or after does not impart any flavor or other characteristics to the whiskey. Some would say this allows for a more diverse, creative, and thus tasty group of whiskies. Also of note: the bottled in bond code was only enforceable in USA, so its common to see export bottles marked as bondedthat are less than 100 proof. Signature Series Deluxe - The flagship brand. 1. The whiskey is also versatile and can be consumed like a glass of cocktail with lemon juice. It might taste very slightly different in the same way that individual batches might differ from each other. A fifth of Crown goes for about $30 bucks now, so I would expect that your bottles may be worth about $50. But here is the issue is seemed much smoother and more rounded than I ever remember, has it matured, are my taste buds less sensitive or more tuned to the flavour of the spirit. The product stops aging once bottled but does evaporate over time. Other distilleries use date codes that are more cryptic. When it comes to the health benefits of Crown Royal, the nutritional facts on its label are pretty good. Also, since spirits are high proof (80 proof or 40% ABV) and ethanol is a very stable molecule, plus the water is extremely stable, there is only a very small amount of compound in aged spirits that could theoretically age. Past month; Parcel received in good condition. Whiskey will not age in a bottle. After that, several brands continued with a faux tax strip, which looked similar to a tax strip but wasnt an official government item. The next one will cost me $132.00 USD delivered for 750ml. How much is a bottle of unopened 1968 Seagrams Crown Royal Whiskey/ w bag w How much is an Unopened 1/2 Gallon bottle of 1963 Crown Royal worth? He goes on to say that Crown Royal from the 1940's may be an exception to that rule and may bring double or so what a new bottle of Crown Royal would cost. It like winning the lotto when you do find it. Yours look like fifths or 750 mLs to me, but . Know what to, In a shaker full of ice, combine all the ingredients and shake well. Oh my I can attest to the fact that I had a bottle of Crown Royal unopened for 20 years before using it. [1] Production of Crown Royal is done at Gimli, Manitoba, while the blending and bottling of the whisky are done in a facility in Amherstburg, Ontario . By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. . So what exactly happens, then? I cant say whiskey ages in the bottle because that word Is open to interpretation. in S. Florida that would be interested? Old Crown Royal is worth money? Grapefruit juice is a relatively common ingredient in cocktails, with the perennial favourite being the Greyhound, but the Paloma is better. There is an inch or so remaining in the bottle so I will need to open my wallet soon for another bottle. What I will tell you is that you might as well pick up a new bottle since youll only be paying $15 or so for a handle. having done a taste test with 2 bottles of chivas regal ..on was in my fathers keep for 85676 Medley Aged no fewer than twenty-nine years, it's a robustly flavorful emblem, not of a crowning . This gem of a flavored whisky is far from vanilla, at least in the boring sense. Id venture to guess that it wouldnt get any better, necessarily, as time goes on. But I would like it to still be worth it, you know? A product of this quality is destined to find itself in the upper mid-range of whisky prices. Better yet, is it worth some money to a whiskey fanboy? Below is an example of a 1961-1977 style strip (click to enlarge). Crown Royal, also known as Seagram's Crown Royal, is a blended Canadian whisky brand created by Seagram and owned by Diageo since 2000. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif. However, some producers continued to use bottle molds with the warning for a few years after; bottles that display the warning have been seen up to 1970. 70cl / 40% 2,500 Royal Salute 21 Year Old Bot.1970s Brown Spode Decanter. Crafted from a rare stock of whisky from the now closed LaSalle distillery, it is truly a rare blend. The . CC may lack the smoothness and mystique flavor of what Crown Royal boasts, but a bottles price is a good factor many consider. After posting an OPS of .883 over multiple levels in 2022, Frelick could be in the mix for an Opening Day role if he impresses during Spring Training! jc1985. Crown Royal prides itself on its local heritage and production. 6 months later tried againjust as bad. Liquor doesn't change once its in the bottle. Crown Royal 18 Year Old Extra Rare is Crown Royals rarest blend, patiently aged to perfection for no less than 18 years. We have three bottles, 1969, 1970 and 1972. 45 years is a safe bet since it was in my Aunts finished basement bar since the early 70s. Some of the bottles are sold a bit differently based on their aging and the ingredient used, which affects the premium taste of the whiskey. Spirits shipped in California only. Crown Royal 29 Year Old is a stunning Limited Edition Whisky that honors the Crown Royal Legacy of patient artistry and the beauty of delayed reward.Within this bottle is proof that incredible things come to those who put in the time. Conveniently located near Beautiful 1-Bedroom Unit in Canary Wharf. Crown Royal discontinued its XR expression in 2019, and as is sometimes the case when a whisky goes away, there's a new . He says the perception is that a bottle from 1951 tastes the same as one from 2005. Sounds like it's time to drink that bitch. Crown Royal Reserve Canadian Whisky. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think. The Liquor Laboratory is intended for adults over the age of 21 and the legal drinking age. try pappy van winkle 20 or 23 year. My buddy recently moved into his grandmas old house and found some Jack Daniel's from the 60's and 70's. After some research (I can't find the damn site right now, but it was all for old/vintage Jack specifically), I found out that some of those bottles can go for around $100-150 (it was a strange quantity bottle that they don't produce anymore either like 4/5 or something). If for any reason you have a concern regarding the transaction, please contact me so that it may be quickly resolved Please e-mail me with any questions. Below is an example of a 1977-1982 style strip (click to enlarge). If it remained unopened and in our safe for 21 years, do you think it would still be worth drinking? As long as it sits on the required minimum years to ferment in barrels, the whiskey will be more diverse and creative. As for the value of these old bottles, it will depend on the type of spirit and the stated age (i.e. Probably not any better or worse than they day it was purchased. Fill a shaker with ice and add all the ingredients. Starting in 1945, the words Series and 111 appear below the eagle in the center of redstrips. But I do know for sure that it does mellow. Required fields are marked *. Use that orange for another garnish of orange peel it looks great, your guests will love it! The two-hour guarantee only applies to purchases made where all products are available for on-demand fulfillment and does not apply to orders including shipping-only products or for addresses where delivery is not available. We do not sell your personal information. On the bottle it says Joesph E. Seagram & Sons Limited. The drinker of the house was sick & died then). document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Hi there, I am James Hart, an ex food and liquor photographer, who has a keen passion for different kinds of wines and liquors. This was more common starting in the 1990s. Crown Royal Fine De Luxe Blended Canadian whiskey, Get the shaker filled with ice, then mix lemon juice with the liquors. I have one bottle of Crown Royal 1960. Still havent opened it and debating if its worth saving for a special occasion or will if has gone skunk, like beer or cheap wine that was never meant to be save for such a long period of time? Exploring the World One Drink at a Time since 2005. This is a good characteristic for wine. Domestic shipments typically ship via Priority mail with delivery confirmation, but also offer USPS Express Mail and Parcel Post depending on the auction. Beyond that, I think it's like the others have said. It was first created in 1939 to celebrate the visit of More info 55 Reviews $25.43 Notify when in stock Email me when in stock In 1974 my father got in a fight with his then wife. Same like advertised . If its been kept out of direct sunlight and not been opened, it should be fine. More flavors like apple, peach, vanilla, and salted Caramel are available and best for cocktails. All in all, the signature series are the most popular Crown Royal choices available locally and internationally. Put an orange peel or lemon twist on the top. (2023), Casamigos Anejo Tequila Bottle Review (2023 Edition), 22 Most Popular Tequila Brands (2023 Edition), Angels Envy Bourbon Bottle Review (2023 Edition). Learning from the century-old Rum & Coke recipe, making the best Jack & Coke is easy if you follow a few simple steps. K&L Wine Merchants. So I believe it ages better with time!!! From there, the brand has blossomed into arguably the most iconic Canadian Whisky. Both of us were shocked at how smooth and mellow this stuff was. I dont if what happens once its bottled can be called aging, but I truly believe that the whisk(e)y will change over time once you crack the seal and introduce air to the spirit. Generally the first two digits refer to the liquor bottle permit number and will denote the company and factory that manufactured the bottle; in these cases the latter two digits will usually the year the bottle was made. Starting August 16, 1954, the bonded statement was updated to read: This bottle has been filled and stamped under the provisions of sections 5008 and 5243 Internal Revenue Code. I doubt 40 year old bottles of either of those things are worth much, which is why I cracked a smile. Everything, even a rock ages. I have a 64 year old unopened bottle of Crown Royal. Then theres the Blenders mash where the blend has more corn content. Even if its a little meh by then, its more about the anticipation than enjoying a perfect shot. Prior to 1973, green bonded strips denoted the size of the bottle, for example 4/5 qt, on one end of the strip. 3. . I wouldnt necessarily say that theyve gone bad; they will just be different. Why We're All Obsessed With '90s Beauty (Again) 4. 89319 Old Rip Van Winkle The success and longevity of this brand are because of its quality and affordability. Just opened the seal and there is sediment in the bottle. C harles III's official coronation may not occur until May 6, but the new British monarch has already inherited a $25 billion real estate portfolio . In fact, here's an article that says old Crown Royal is worth less than new. Maybe it would affect taste ever so slightly, but I doubt any regular person would notice or care (and no professional would bother). Crown royal XR from price range to The whiskey age is also the simplest way of informing an average drinker of buying, Comparisons in the Canadian Whiskey World, Popular Crown Royal Whiskey Cocktail Recipes, 1.25 oz. I require payment be made within 5 days of the auction/buy it now close. The locals call the brand CC, and a classic bottle costs around $20, which makes up for the price point. Chivas Regal Royal Salute 21 Year Old Blended Scotch Whisky - The Sapphire Flagon, Scotland 700ml. Hi The classic milkshake flavour is easy to make and anything but boring. Get the shaker filled with ice, then mix lemon juice with the liquors. Many whiskies, wines, champagne, and other spirits are available on the market. I have 2 bottles, full, sealed, with purple bag. Frank Clarins on June 3, 2022 at 5:31 am # Reply; On the front it has a picture of a crown and the word royal under it, I cant seem to find this bottle anywhere on the internet so any info would be helpful. While many spirits are governed heavily by ingredients, Canadian whisky roams free of all those cumbersome rules. Maybe its a sense of loss when the bottle is done. Why does anyone think that it is worth. Below average whiskey at an inflated price. So a bottle of 1974 Seagrams VO might not be worth anything, but perhaps a bottle of Crown Royal from the 1940s or very early 1950s might have some value. The green Bottled in Bond strips were discontinued startingDecember 1, 1982. Crown Royal Extra Rare 18 Year Old Blended Canadian Whisky $159.99 Earn up to 5% back on this product with Caskers Rewards. I am interested in this topic. A sub dedicated to the open discussion of alcohol in its many forms. Not sure, but I will tell you this, the last dram always seems to be the most memorable. The XO is from a selection of whiskies aged in cognac barrels. -From 1977-1985 the strips referenced Bureau of ATF. If it remains unopened for 21 years (wouldnt last that long in my household), it should be fine. See the Van Winkle Timeline for examples of Buffalo Traces coding scheme. PLEASE NOTE: I WILL ONLY SELL TO PERSONS OVER 21. I look forward to having it each year which we did just tonight. PNG File: Fierce, Fabulous & 50 Years Old Birthday Pink And Gold Crown Diamond Crystal Lips High Heel 50th Birthday PNG File ad vertisement by EDDISHO. Crown Royal 29 Year Old Extra Rare Blended Canadian Whisky. why did anne meara leave archie bunker's place. (Bottles of wine are not permitted, as their value is generally based on the wine in the bottle rather than the bottle itself.) Does it have any value? Prior to 1977, the strips referenced the Department of Revenue. I dont know anything about whiskey, though. Learn, https://www.mensjournal.com/food-drink/whiskey-age-statement-bottle-meaning/, some things you can do with your Crown Royal bag, Buchanan Whiskey Bottle Prices, Sizes, Types & Buying Guide, Fireball Whiskey Prices, Sizes & Guide (2023), Madeira vs Marsala Wine: Whats the Difference? The whiskey was named after the Royals to commemorate the visit of the King and Queen of England. With the evolution of local distilleries, more and more small batch spirits are popping up on the landscape. xrated Well-known member. Princess Margaret pictured with Peter Townsend (left) in South Africa during the royal tour, 1947. I have 2 bottles of Crown Royal that are uncracked, One is dated 1969 & the other 1970. While I cannot give you an exact answer, I will tell you this its probably not worth any more than the day it was purchased. I sparingly used it on special occasions knowing when it was gone it was gone and that would be the end. Blue tax strips were for export out of the US only, but not all exports used blue strips. A good example is the early Very Old Fitzgerald 12yr, which wasn't considered bonded and wore a . As of January 1, 1980 section 5233 was repealed, so it would no longer have been listed on the label. Last year when I brougth them down from my shelf, I discovered that they were almost empty even though the original tax stamp seal was unbroken. The value will be in the range of 50-75$ If you want to sell your bottle I would recommend to sell them on the internet so you can reach more potential buyers. BottledPrices.comdoes not provide advertisements or recommendations on alcoholic beverage brands. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. The whiskey improves with age if its left in the cask, but it is hard to notice when it is bottled. The Crown Jewels have had a turbulent history. The three years minimum is one unifying regulation of Canadian whiskey to get more time to taste better. CC may lack the smoothness and mystique flavor of what Crown Royal boasts, but a bottle's price is a good factor many consider. 1912. People often send notes to canadianwhisky.org wanting to know the value of an old bottle of whisky. Truly, this old Crown Royal from 1963 is bottled history that can never be remade. From the painstaking perfection required of a visit from the King and Queen to the ever growing and competitive spirits market of today, Crown Royal understands the necessity of a high-quality product. The only true regulation is that it must be aged for a minimum of three years. Few British monarchs have achieved reigns of 50 years, and Golden Jubilees are very rare. Fair enough, but are we to believe that the whiskey in your bottle thats been there for a year is suspended in time and has not changed, for better or worse? Marie I went to an old neighborhood store 30 years ago they were closing down permanently the lady had a bottle old Fitzgerald whiskey she sold it to me for $12 750ml we had about an inch of dust on it no joke I opened the Bible after I throw cleansing for myself a shot it was like I they poured five shots I went back to buy another connect to Lady how long have you been sitting on the shelf she said probably 25 years or more so that bottle that you had the 30 years old make you a coffee filter filter it and enjoy cuz it got better way better. 80686 Jim Beam (newer OGD) In have a bottle of five star that sealed from 1985 what would that be worth now a days? Crown Royal Vanilla Nutrition Facts. Most bottle manufacturers molded the year into the glass at the bottom of the bottle in 2-digit format. By In August of 1959 the bonded statement was changed to read: This bottle has been filled and stamped under the provisions of sections 5205 and 5233 Internal Revenue Code. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. $ 179.00. While it must rest in a cask for those three years, the Canadians care not which kind of cask it sleeps in. The Crown Jewels of the United Kingdom, originally the Crown Jewels of England, are a collection of royal ceremonial objects kept in the Tower of London, which include the coronation regalia and vestments worn by British monarchs. Over the years, Crown Royal embraced the innovations of the whiskey industry by making Flavored Whiskies. Here are some things you can do with your Crown Royal bag. Ad vertisement from shop EDDISHO. If you are looking for refreshing cocktail recipes, try this out. 13 hours ago, By . If you want an easy and refreshing cocktail, you can try this recipe. It seems that people on eBay are getting away with selling alcohol by claiming the value is in the collectible bottle (which may be true in some instances), not the liquor itself. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. These are all 40 year plus of age. In 2007 I purchased a bottle of Royal Salute which is still sealed and I know if I put it next to a new 21 year old bottle it will definitely have a different and peasant taste. Why does anyone think that it is worth. Crown Royal 18 year old. That's kind of funny to me. 750ml. But at auctions, collectors might only be paying $600. Aptly named, Crown Royal whisky came about as a gift to The Crown. We only provide the approximate prices. The federal government began requiring a health warning on liquor labeling starting in 1989. The story ends with my friend and I comparing the tastes of the 68 bottle and a brand new one on hand- this was around 2010. I ended up finding 2 really old bottles of sealed Seagram's Crown Royal at my grandpas. Would it be better having aged for 34 years, or worse? Combine all ingredients in said glass. A rare old bottle of Crown Royal 15 year old Canadian Whisky, which we estimate, dates from the 1980s. It seems people are finding lots of old bottles of whisky that are still sealed and are wondering whether they are still good and what the value of the bottle would be. Crown Royal consists of a blend of 50 different whiskies of varying ages, each based on one of five different mash bills. At that point there is a deacent amount of evaporation of alcohol especially if the bottle was stored on its side . 40% ABV. Other whiskies of interest. Buy Crown Royal Noble Collection Rye Aged 16 Years at Frootbat. When spirits are aged, they pick up flavours from the oak barrels and thats about it. Go to shop. I would be happy to hear any comments from shared experiences. The quality of this liquor product is as fine as other top-shelf spirits on the market. Simply strain into a rocks glass filled with ice. Some bottlers have used date codes, also known as dot matrix codes, to denote the day/time the bottles were filled, and sometimes other information such as the particular bottling line. Known for its smooth taste and often affordable price point, Canadian whisky is quite popular. Crown Royal whiskey is made using a blend of 50 different whiskies. Have a 50 plus year old Bottle of Crown Royal With seal still intact. The Crown Royal XR is the perfect example of a higher price point earning its value.