I also wasnt terribly well versed in this era of cars before researching this article, but I found there are lots of interesting nuggets of history residing in the often-overlooked 46-48 model years. Some butchers not only took the coupon but wanted something on the side in cash for decent meat. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Thanks! Lot #62,521. Part Number: RED . Comes with rare working original RUCKSTELL TIP-TOE-MATIC 2-SPEED OVERDRIVE,. Toyota sold over 170,000 RAV4s to US consumers in 2010, making it one of Americas best-selling cars. We rightly dismiss Fords attempt to turn pigs ears into silk purses, yet this is similar, isnt it? None of these prove anything, but I for one sure havent been eager to own a Chevrolet straight 6. The item to the left of the steering column is a rubber-bladed fan, for either ventilation or defrosting. Instead, they kept putting more massive on their drive trains instead. They just couldnt keep up with a V8/Overdrive Ford/Mercury. Comes with rare working original RUCKSTELL TIP-TOE-MATIC 2-SPEED OVERDRIVE,. Classic Cars by the owner(s) and has not been verified by Gateway Classic 13, Kia Shows Off EV9 Silhouette in New Teaser, 1993 Volkswagen Corrado SLC Is Today's BaT Pick. By the end of the following decade, the longer, lower and wider mantra began producing cars of exaggerated proportions. charges. It has been upgraded with a fully adjustable air ride suspension, small block power, an ove, This 1946 Chevrolet Stylemaster has the cool two-tone look of a thoughtful build. Your password must at least 8 characters in length. With a high lift cam 10 to 1 pistons. Learn how your comment data is processed. 1946 Chevrolet Stylemaster 2 Door Coupe 350 V8 700r4 Overdrive Cold A/c Camaro F. $ 5,000. Which brings us back to this picture of our featured 1947 Chevrolet parked next to a 2010 Toyota RAV4. No new cars, just a whole lot of doing our duty. This bright bad boy wont last long so don't miss out! Red Line Water Wetter Cooling System Treatment 80204. I just happen to prefer objectivity over subjectivity. Among the interesting items is the economics of postwar production. Gateway Classic Cars of Philadelphia Nice-looking car and interesting backstory, thanks for this, Im not particularly versed in this era of cars. Chevrolet is marking its 100th anniversary this week. A passerby asked that question as I was taking the above photo timely, since I was transfixed by seeing a 1940s-era car in a modern setting. These were very good looking cars. The Chevrolets frame grew longer, for a better ride. Like the rest of the Chevrolet range, the Stylemaster was powered by the company's famous 3-litre 'Stovebolt' overhead-valve six, an engine it would continue to use until production of the model ceased in 1948. My uncle called the 250 in my 68 el Camino a Blue Flame six. It was offered in 2-door Town Sedan, 4-door Sport Sedan, 2-door . Nice find. Headlights for Chevrolet Camaro. It is finished basecoat - clearco, For consignment, a 1947 Stylemaster Sport Coupe which due to the war is essentially a 1942 Fleetmaster with some tooling updates. The '48 Chevy is starting on it's way back home. There is a radio show that you might be able to find on the web from 1947 or 1948. My brother and I would often take turns laying in the rear windshield shelf. not inspected the vehicles for sale (*1). Every car manufacturer is obliged to mark all its vehicles in this special format. Similar in British car brochures around that time, speaking of Pre-War Luxury but also apologising for the fact you probably would have to wait to buy a new car as most were being exported to earn foreign exchange. Beautiful and c . If you chose to only remember the Chevys, thats your selective recall. All of the dealers had waiting lists or lotteries, and I think it was common knowledge that preferential treatment was given to some customers over others. : 1948 Kilomtrage : 107.441 km Type d'annonce : Occasion Rfrence : GT_1287838_14618780 Ne vous dplacez pas pour rien ! The remaining issue is whether it's 1947 or 1948.Use the mosaic image (small thumbna. Typographical errors happen. Gateway Classic Cars has Advance Auto carries over 176 aftermarket parts for your 1947 Chevrolet Stylemaster Series, along with original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts. any vehicle for potential purchase, and is relying solely on his/her/their (*3) Except in the State of Kansas where remedies for certain implied warranties cannot be disclaimed. Place Date: 3/4/2023. 1949 Chevrolets were the first genuinely new Chevys in quite a while and timely too, since Ford had introduced their first new postwar model six months earlier. Research, compare, and save listings, or contact sellers directly from 2 Stylemaster models nationwide. This is the exact car and model that my parents were given by my Grandfather in either 1946 ir 1947. Each potential purchaser understands it is his/her/their responsibility 1941s changes wound up being popular. So no, nothing radically new. 1948 Chevrolet Advance Design Cab Over Engine COE Pickup Truck. For that matter, the all new post war models mostly werent really all new either. But more importantly, the compact utility vehicle class to which the RAV4 belonged would swell in popularity over the next decade. When you consider how many Crosleys and Kaisers were sold postwar, and how badly their sales fell off once supply and demand got back to normal, Id say youre correct. Gateway Classic Cars is not responsible for any It's not just the vivid paint that will attract you to this 1947 Chevrolet Stylemaster. Nothing against Crosley or Kaiser, but I wonder how many of their sales were based on mere desperation to get rid of the old heap. And I just remembered the 1941 Ford 6. In this case, our featured Stylemaster carried a base price of $1,219 for $67 (or 5%) more, a customer could order a Fleetmaster instead, or for $94 (or 8%) extra, could spring for a Fleetline Aerosedan. The '48 Chevy is starting on it's way back home. I wonder if a car enthusiast time traveler from the 1960s or 70s would be shocked or amused at seeing the dimensions of everyday cars stretched upwards, 1940s style? It was not the same six as had been built in 1929-1936. (I was there but too small to remember the event.) The front bucket seats have body-hugging contouring, and they're finished in a supple leather two-tone tan and cream. The end result is that the Ford panther cars you admire so much were just very natural slow and steady evolutions of cars from the Depression Era or earlier. Selling as abandoned storage, not running but very complete. And Chevy truck operators kept buying them, year after year, decade after decade. Meet the 1946 Chevrolet Stylemaster! See Results. IIRC moving up the Sloan ladder got you a more rigid chassis. Now its new again. Weve discussed this topic before here at Curbside Classic that modern cars are dimensionally similar to those of the 1940s but viewing such a comparison in a random parking lot drove this point home for me. Having said that, its interesting that the original Chevy six had such a relatively short life. The front bucket seats have body-hugging contouring, and they're finished in a supple leather two-tone tan and cream. Dont you think their bad reputation would have gotten around? 1946 Chevrolet Stylemaster Coupe Yellow 1946 Chevrolet Stylemaster V8 700r4 Aut. The design was exactly what the carbuying public was seeking an intensification of the 1940s design trends of longer, lower and wider both in dimensions and in styling features that accentuated those dimensions. The Series DJ Stylemaster was introduced as the base trim level model in the 1946 Chevrolet range, along with the top level Series DK Chevrolet Fleetmaster. Your boy home from overseas and ready to climb back on the highway? Watch the latest Motorious Podcast here. or give us a call at (615) 930-0600 Share this Vehicle Print Window Sticker Description Features Documents Description STEEL BODY, 350CI MOTOR, 700R4 O/D TRANS, GREAT COLOR COMBO, LEATHER INTERIOR! 1948 Chevrolet Fleetmaster Woody Station Wagon. That way it's easy to enjoy near or far. In an era when car design changed quickly, engines were more likely than other major components to achieve veteran status, and such became the case with Chevrolets Blue Flame six, which debuted in 1937 and stuck around minimally-altered through 1963. Free with trial. + Read More Save Search Saved (0) My Favorite Listings (0) Filters Applied: chevrolet stylemaster Filter by Make & Model (2) Make Abarth AC Acura Advantage Aermacchi Filters Sort. It was common to see the oil pressure gauge on the sixes barely twitching off the low peg with a hot engine. Save Search. Filters Clear Filters. Houston, TX 5 years at classiccars.com. such error in the description or price listed for any vehicle. 15,900 1947 Chevrolet Stylemaster. This is a stable cruiser, just what Chevrolet was working on before Pearl Harbor, when Lady Liberty was sucker-punched out of her stompers. Copyright Cars-On-Line.com 2023. Lot #43,287. A friends father complained about it leaving oil all over his driveway. For 1948, Chevrolet received yet another grille, interior design upgrades and even some minor engine improvements, but once again high demand dictated that the Division make only the most minor of changes. chopolds, Feb 28, 2008. 1946 Chevrolets were like cars worldwide largely clones of prewar models. Radiators & Parts for Chevrolet Stylemaster Series. Classics on Autotrader is your one-stop shop for the best classic cars, muscle cars, project cars, exotics, hot rods, classic trucks, and old cars for sale. No allowance or set-aside will be Enter your email to receive a link to reset your password and disable Multi-Factor Authentication (if applicable). Subscribe to our email detailing all the new vehicles that arrive in our showrooms! It seems like GM was the only division to bother with even minor pro forma styling changes for their prewar holdovers in the early postwar years. There were new model names for 1946. Thoughtful builds like this are also all about being comfortable drivers. Sep 29, 2013. Looking at the long waiting list for Chevrolets, I wonder if a lot of buyers ditched their prewar brand loyalty just in the urge to by anything new at that time. This cars dimensions were once heralded as the newest trend in automotive design then it became quickly outmoded. It was essentially an updated 1942 . So it's a quality package that really lets you appreciate every curve as the light rolls evenly across the entire body. [2] As Holden had carried over the body tooling from its 1942 models, the Australian sedan differed from its US counterpart in having a different body with rear-hinged back doors and a larger trunk. Bid for the chance to own a 1948 Chevrolet Stylemaster Coupe Utility at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. And in the case of the Chevy, its six cylinder engine was completely redesigned for 1937, and was steadily improved thereafter. 3514-TPA FULL SPECS Year 1946 Mileage 11310 Engine 8 Doors 2 Transmission Automatic Make Chevrolet Model Stylemaster Title Status -- Exterior Color Dark Blue Metallic Interior Color Gray DESCRIPTION This 1946 Chevrolet Stylemaster has the cool two-tone look of a thoughtful build. The Tangelo Orange is a modern clearcoat application that has a huge radiance. Ive heard of the car industry pioneer statues in Flint, and if I ever visit there, I absolutely will go and see them. The Fleetmaster, which replaced the "prewar" Chevrolet Special Deluxe, was powered by a 216.5 cu in (3.5 L) Straight-six engine driving through a 3-speed manual transmission. Around 950,000 Town Sedans were produced during this generation. STEEL BODY, 350CI MOTOR, 700R4 O/D TRANS, GREAT COLOR COMBO, LEATHER INTERIOR! 1948 Chevrolet Style Master Coupe. Chevrolet Parts | Parts Category: Interior Upholstery | Chevs of the 40s is the World's Most Complete Supplier of 1937-1954 Chevrolet Classic Restoration Chevy Interior Upholstery Parts and Chevy Interior Upholstery Street Rod Parts for your Car and Truck. In another change that took up less acreage, Chevrolet redesigned the front emblem. [7] The grilles fitted to the Australian models were the same as those used on the US models. Interior is completely custom with updated cluster, column, dash, gauges and more.