The Jets and the Sharks. Weather and other environmental influences play an important role in wildlife. Current 76 Fair. This animation shows the precipitation radar for the selected time range, as well as a 1h forecast. Valori H. Brainerd, MN 277 contributions. There is truly something for everyone at Great Smoky Mountains National Park. I actually made several "attempts" to see the views from Clingmans Dome. The sun will not be visible. Light rain. Gatlinburg At 6,643 feet, Clingmans Dome is the highest point in Great Smoky Mountains National Park. GOES-16/GOES-17 (North & South America) and Himawari (Asia) images update every 10 minutes. Today's Weather. The 2,023 Square Feet townhouse home is a 2 beds, 3 baths property. KBDI = 0 - 200: Soil moisture and large class fuel moistures are high and do not contribute much to fire intensity. Winds decreasing (gales from the W on Fri night, light winds from the WNW by Sat night). Today's Weather. What Happened to the Lost State of Franklin? 14:00 to 15:00:0% chance of precipitation in the area.0 are predicted by our local models. 18:00 to 19:00:0% chance of precipitation in the area.0 are predicted by our local models. There is a large parking area available but it does get busy! 14 day forecast. Yes, this was stupid. GPS coordinates for the Clingmans Dome trailhead are N 35.56289 and W -83.49849. 62. Third, there is a small parking fee of $5 per day. Had I penned the NPAs objections, I might have gone with the more succinct: Its fugly.. Temperatures at the dome can be 10-20 degrees Fahrenheit cooler than in the surrounding lowlands. WWG1WGA. The parking lot is fairly large, so you should not have trouble finding a space unless you visit at a peak time. 16:00 to 17:00:0% chance of precipitation in the area.0 are predicted by our local models. The second panel shows winds and wind gusts. Clouds in different altitudes: from few clouds (light grey) to overcast (dark grey). Additionally, Great Smoky Mountains National Park instituted the need for parking tags in 2022. 21:00 to 22:00:0% chance of precipitation in the area.0 are predicted by our local models. My 2nd EX-wife who is a 10 time Ironman finisher & swim instructor in Temecula, California called cling ons small children who would Cling on around her neck, Its All Good in the Mountains & in All Good Tennessee. I thought I was going to die before I made it to the top, so controversy was my least concernlol. The location marker is placed on Clingmans Dome. With low predictability, the weather forecast is uncertain and more frequently wrong. In this example, there is light rain about 10 km northeast and heavy rain 5 km southwest of you. The Hatfields and the McCoys. 9401 Clingmans Dome Dr, Knoxville, TN 37922 is currently not for sale. See the current weather conditions, the latest weather forecast, and LIVE weather radar for Clingmans Dome in the Great . Snow falls more frequently in the higher mountains and up to two feet can fall during a storm. Add up each symbol to get the total wind (two large dashes plus one small dash would mean 25 mph winds for example). This product is designed to give you a quick look at everything you need to know for the next 3-5 days of weather. Some pre-trip planning and weather-wise clothing will help ensure an enjoyable visit during any season. You will be rewarded with stunning views of the park as the leaves are changing colors. Now, in the history of designing things, I cant say that Ive ever heard the phrase mushroom cap design employed in a positive manner. Mountain (climbing) weather forecasts for 3 elevations of Clingman's Dome, Great Smoky Mountains, Appalachians, United States. A bike rack is located near the beginning of the paved trail to park bikes while walking to the top. FEB 9. You will need to purchase a tag if you plan to park at the lot for Clingmans Dome. Use meteoblue weather forecasts without advertising and tracking. . The best time to climb the dome is between December and March, when the 7-mile road to the summit is . Most people never want to experience rainy weather on a road trip. Clingmans Dome is located at the end of Clingmans Dome Road which is just off Highway 441. We have walked to Clingmans Dome. In doing so, you agree to our non-commercial use conditions. Night. Next 2-3 days. Highly recommendfantastic views on a clear day. My ideal road trip day? Why? . To learn more: Privacy & Terms. One of the main considerations before visiting Clingmans Dome is weather. Lower litter and duff layers are drying and beginning to contribute to fire intensity. I felt as though we were driving through an enchanted forest. Ensembles. It is located three hours southeast. A paved trail leads to a 54-foot observation tower. DST Changes. 05:00 to 06:00:0% chance of precipitation in the area.0 are predicted by our local models. While you will want to walk to the top of the Clingmans Dome Observation Tower, the drive to the overlook is filled with additional scenic views. There is also weather information provided by the webcam. Trail Difficulty: Moderate. The chance of precipitation is extremely high, exceeding 95%. Elevation Gain/Loss: 330 Feet. 37738, Download the official NPS app before your next visit. Throughout the 7-mile drive, you will find many pull-offs where you can take some time to enjoy the beauty of the mountains. EST (UTC -05:00h), High wind speeds expected for Clingmans Dome. Unfortunately, air pollution often limits viewing distances to under 20 miles. In the higher elevations, the weather is much more pleasant. For example, my dad would definitely take advantage of the fishing opportunities while my mom might stroll down a nature trail. Some pre-trip planning and weather-wise clothing will help ensure an enjoyable visit during any season. Otherwise the road is open daily from 8am until sunset, weather permitting. Although paved, the trail to the tower is too steep to be wheelchair accessible. However, you can also look at our compact prediction based on any other model that forecasts for your chosen location. On a clear day, visitors can see up to 100 miles away. At 6,643 feet, Clingmans Dome is Great Smoky Mountains National Park's highest point. TN 00:00 to 01:00:0% chance of precipitation in the area.0 are predicted by our local models. Therefore, we appreciated the view (of what we could make out through the fog) from the parking lot before driving back down the road and out of the park. In a good automobile, on a dry day, you can coast from Clingmans Dome all the way into Gatlinburg City limits. You have entered an incorrect email address! Dark blue bars show hourly precipitation and light blue showers. Our advanced weather models allow us to provide distinct weather forecasts for several elevations of T = trace. amzn_assoc_default_search_phrase = "Smoky Mountains"; Clingmans Dome. However, when we arrived at the parking lot for Clingmans Dome, we decided against walking the trail to the viewpoint due to the weather. Winds decreasing (extremely windy from the SW on Fri afternoon, light winds from the WNW by Sat night). I have been to Clingmans Dome 5 times since 1970. The temperatures will be 10-15 degrees cooler so you'll want to dress in layers. Each small dash represents 5 mph while each large dash represents 10 mph. Weather Today/Tomorrow ; Hour-by-Hour Forecast ; 14 Day Forecast Keetch and Byram (1968) designed a drought index specifically for fire potential assessment. It is the highest point in Tennessee, and the third highest mountain east of the Mississippi. Clingman, NC Weather Forecast, with current conditions, wind, air quality, and what to expect for the next 3 days. The weather conditions can get chilly at the highest peak (6,643 feet at Clingmans Dome) so it is recommended that you bring . Demand for parking in some of the busiest park destinations (like Clingmans Dome) often exceeds capacity. It is the highest point in Tennessee, and the third highest mountain east of the Mississippi. Temperatures are in degrees Fahrenheit. The weather forecast for Clingmans Dome for Saturday is likely to be accurate. At 8 inches of water, the KBDI assumes saturation. Visibility can reach as far as 100 miles (~160 kilometers) on the clearest days. The webcam provides a western view of the national park. Im just remembering how Chattanooga was in the 1960s and what they did to fix that. The road leading up to Clingmans Dome is only open from late spring to late autumn. *This post may contain affiliate links from Amazon or other publishers. I cant express how much I enjoyed reading this article!!! Overall, the Clingmans Dome observation trail is 1.3 miles (~2.1 kilometers) round trip with 330 feet (~100 meters) in elevation gain. Travel tips, hotel discounts, attraction discounts and coupons and more for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Sevierville and all of Tennessee! Clingmans Dome stands around 6,650 feet (~2,030 meters) tall and thus offers panoramic views of the surrounding scenery. That tower resembled a fire tower, but park experts had discovered that despite its great height, the spot wasnt ideal for fire spotting. The fair weather climbing season generally lasts from May to October. 50% Chance Rain Showers. The arrowheads point in the same direction as the wind. Dewpoint Thursday 3/9. The stronger the ups and downs, the more uncertain the forecast will be. The highest point in the Great Smoky Mountains, the dome named after a Confederate general had been home to a wooden observation tower built in the 30s. Per Great Smoky Mountains National Park (GRSM), the opening of Clingmans Dome Road is delayed for the 2022 season due to repairs. A gorgeous place to view the yes,Smoky Mountains!!!. May rainfall averages about 4.5 inches (11.4 centimeters). , The secret to enjoying a trip to Clingmans Dome is in the preparation for the trek to the observation tower. Clingman's Dome. Temperature chart with weather pictograms. Clingmans Dome LIVE Weather Report and Radar is updated real-time with LIVE weather radar provided by RainViewer. It is located on the border of Tennessee and North Carolina and is reached by a steep, half-mile hike from a parking lot on Clingmans Dome Road. Your current location is in the center. . Mid-November through February is generally moderate, but weather extremes do occur, especially with an increase in elevation. Compact Weather Forecast for Clingmans Dome. Here are 4 reasons to take a drive on Clingmans Dome Road: 1. Sevier County Fair Now Underway: Ticket Prices, Schedule 2021. World Weather. We visited Great Smoky Mountains National Park on a day full of rain, wind, and fog. 40% Chance of Rain. While the park can be magical in the winter, unless you're a cold-weather warrior this isn't the best time to explore the Smokies. Highs occasionally even reach the 70s. // < ! Mitchell (6,684 feet) and Mt. At 6,643 feet, Clingmans Dome is the highest peak in the Smokies and the third highest east of the Mississippi. amzn_assoc_search_bar_position = "top"; The once described "flashy and conspicuous" Clingmans Dome is now one of the most beloved destinations in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park (photo by mzglass96/stock.adobe.com). Live Webcam in Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge TN, Live Wildlife Webcam in Gatlinburg & Pigeon Forge, Live Business Webcam in Gatlinburg & Pigeon Forge, Ripleys Aquarium of the Smokies Live Webcam, NEON Phenocam LaConte Creek Live Webcam, Romantic Getaways Cabins in Smoky Mountain, TN, Last Minute Cabins Deals in Smoky Mountain, TN, Large 8-20 Bedroom Cabins in Smoky Mountain, TN. 5. A general observation tower would serve the public much better. A daily parking tag costs $5, a weekly parking tag costs $15, and a monthly parking tag costs $40. Unfortunately, air pollution often limits viewing distances to under 20 miles. Next 3-5 days. A Natural, Historical and Cultural Gem in the Smoky Mountains.