Please accept my most heartfelt apologies, but Ill keep this up for people who have standards different than yours. Fourthly: 4 hours BEFORE the infamous arrest, a cornerstone member working at the blade was startled to see the headlines OF the ARREST printed BEFORE it ever happened!!! I dont say these things lightly, I say them because Ive witness muchmuch more than youd ever know. Furthermore, I do not agree that Pitts is a sharp, intelligent man. Youve got people who are actively making excuses or running interference, but you also have a lot of people who are passive and say, I didnt do anything, or Thats not my job, Drumwright said. [9] Pitts has preached at the annual Interdenominational Ministerial Alliance conference several times,[10] as well as in Mexico and at annual meetings in South Africa, Zimbabwe, and Ghana. Improve this listing All photos (14) Top ways to experience nearby attractions Self Guided "Detroit's Spirit and History" Solo Walking Tour 4 I believe this forum has become abandoned. Alas! God Bless~ Julie. Obviously you are much sharper than T.D. p.s. I donot follow him I follow Christ Aarum declined to do a phone, Zoomor in-person interview. I was a member there for a number of years with my family then I attended alone because my husband refused to go back. Think about it please! This taught us one thing The media always start with the story they want to portray and then goes and gets information to support it. If you have anything to say thats worth while, and arent afraid to share your name and not be a coward. He is a man, after all. What good is all this gossiping and backstabbing doing the Kingdom of God? As far as thinking the people were walking in funny ummm I guess I can believe you were once a member of a cult. Last time I checked, Dave, I wasnt trying to convince anyone I was a holy man who is the best route to understanding God. If people want to support Pastor Pitts, so be it. That wouldnt be the case if God wasnt with Pastor Pitts, but He is. Do I need to prove this is really me, NO, because it doesnt matter. Just because your poor doesnt mean you should have anything against the message of tithing and blessing. Even if the girls get closure, theres a good chance that hes going to continue on spiritually manipulatingpeople if none of the truth gets out there.. Because this was a completely separate incident and Pitts did go to counseling for the Delta incident speaks volumes about the criminal case regarding his indecent exposure. [15], Pitts has partnered with, and hosted annual WOWJAMs, an event started by Stephen and Linda Tavani aimed at reaching poorer communities around the city by utilizing music, games, dances, and prizes. There are many (legal) ways to structure things where you can take the burden of insurance off the church. Ive never questioned whether or not he sinned. 38 people follow this. What restaurants are near Cornerstone Church? Yep, I think they are one in the same. By his own mandate he could have stoned the woman caught in adultery. Thats a Christians main goal, to do what God wants. There are organizations and resources to help you. No worries though because GOD never sleeps. David stood for the goodness of God toward his people. Are you being sarcastic or is that a compliment? The last I checked this was a forum about Michael Pitts. Their breathalyzer machine there was broken, so troopers say Pitts provided a urine sample that was sent to Columbus for analysis. As I said before, I posted this stuff online precisely because it wasnt available anywhere else, and people considering joining his church had a right to get all sides of the argument. Thanks-Dave. You really are deceived. Best wishes to you in finding your answers. I see there is no telling you anythingyou seem to know it all.I am a native of Toledo and I also followed all the articles ( even before joining the church)and if anyone in there right mind read them articles they can see there was no case against himit looked to me like propaganda for those who did not want this church to succeedthis has all become spiritual warfarethese people at this church are not blindedthe church survives but it is Gods willif in fact any of those issues were true the church would faulterbut in fact it is STRONGERone can truly see through what you are trying to presentit will all settle out in the end. I personally was really impressed with how Pastor handled the service. Various allegations have been raised against Senior Pastor Michael Pitts, his wife Kathi Pitts, Eddie Combs (singer in the group Higher Ground), ( of the church), David Huskins (former bishop to Michael Pitts who committed suicide) and others. Mahaney offered no apology, only the vague self-deprecation and false-humility that are typical of his patter, and the sort of rhetorical back-slapping that one would expect in the boys club of evangelical Christianity. if you tell me your name Ill tell you mine! Soyou be the judge, is someone righteous base on what they do, or what they believe? Hotels near Maumee Valley Historical Society, Hotels near Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (DTW), Motels near Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (DTW), Hotels near Summit Salon Academy - Perrysburg Ohio, Hotels near Toledo Restaurant Training Center, Fallen Timbers Battlefield: Tickets & Tours, Wolcott House Museum Complex: Tickets & Tours, Tuktuk in Paris Private City Tour with Pick Up, Vienna 3.5-Hour Grand Danube River Cruise, Bora Bora Jet Ski Tour, Lunch at Bloody Mary's & Eco Shark / Ray Snorkel Cruise, Granite Via Ferrata Climbing Experience in Buena Vista, Dune Buggy Jungle Adventure & Muddy Beach Tour(Non Cruise Guests Only), 4 Day Sierra Nevada Tour of Yosemite and Tahoe from San Francisco, BODY WORLDS Museum "Anatomy of Happiness" in Heidelberg, Shoreline Village Bike Rental in Long Beach, View all hotels near Cornerstone Church on Tripadvisor, View all restaurants near Cornerstone Church on Tripadvisor. But I think he is great to take such a stand for his faith, on the radio!!! Pitts pleaded "no contest,"and Judge Gary Byers found him guilty and sentenced him to 9 days in the Corrections Center of Northwest Ohio in Stryker. Pastor Michael has never, and will never post on this forum. I can tell you for a fact a number of things. From events to our Online Campus you can all the information and resources you need to grow in your faith and connect with others. BTW, have you looked into going on disability? In afall 2020 letter,Wayne Aarum saidhe was reinstatedas presidentand that Circle Cs independent investigation was complete, andhad found no factual basisfor the allegations against him at that point. Heres the link: I just dont get it. Oh, and Hayden, thanks for giving your name. I thought this forum died, if you have a problem with Pastor Michael Pitts, take it the Lord in prayer. That didnt seem right. email me. ****There is soooo much more I could tell you about people and facts and craziness, but it would be a book****** His final punishment: 14 days of house arrest with an ankle bracelet and a $500 fine. In fact, if you call him Mike hell correct you and ask you to please call him Michael. Appreciate the feedback. Let me know what happens this birthday! I do believe in God. the blade does not have the final say so in our lives, nor does pitts, P.T. The USA TODAY NETWORK asked for comment from five individuals whosupport the Ranch and the Aarums. Its all about the free exchange of accurate information. . Many ofthose womenwould later spend years in therapyto erase traces of emotional entanglement with him. Pitts' response was that in line with the purchase, all programs were being evaluated, and those wanting to remain on the air were welcome to reapply. He said Im just about ready to say that your not saved if you dont tithe. i have recieved a couple of not so nice emails in response to the comment i made on this site. I think you perhaps mean undergraduate degree because Ive never heard of anything called an understudy degree. In 2020, The Chapel hired MinistrySafe, a consulting company supported by law firm Love & Norris that provides third-party investigations of abuse allegations in Christian ministries, to conduct. Im not arguing with your choice to go there. . Jeffrey Swinger for the USA TODAY NETWORK. Hope that you make good decisions. And you go girl. God is the ultimate judge. People imperonating others is in fact fraud, but more than this the word of God says, and I quote, touch not mine annointed and do my prophets no harm. He does not take money from us that the Lord doesnt tell us to give. Its not spiritual warfare, its the truth. The fact is that God cammanded us to tithe so thats that. LOL, hes out using his Understudy degree!! Within a year, however, she said she would go to the police to report heruneaseabout thehabitsshed seen develop betweenWayne Aarum and teenage girls at the camp. It says in the bible that God forgives and FORGETS. He will be judged with the rest of us. A warrant isnt a subpoena (which you coincidentally also spelled wrong try the spell check again). Arent you afraid? Safety starts with understanding how developers collect and share your data. We all have evil learking in our members. Come on, be serious. I honestly didnt even know what was happening to me, said Snell, now 21. He is married to Kathi and they have two children. Did you wear braces Kristi? Let your yes be yes and your no be no. If he didnt do these things, then you have nothing to worry about, right? Perhaps your level of discernment in much higher than the present leaders of the church, or you have no discernment! Its sad but there are ways to work around it and stick uncle sam with the outrageous price tag of medical coverage. MAUMEE--A local pastor convicted of drunk driving is back home. I just want to say thanks for posting these articles. Im sure Pastor Pitts isnt the happiest about this forum but you are doing more to defame his charactor by sounding like an idiot. All that matters now is that if this things are true is that Pastor Pitts ask for forgivenss and moves on. Service Times: Sunday: 10:00 am Thursday 7:30 pm I personally know that this man is SO narcissistic that he had a dental work overhaul done when Cornerstone first came to townbecause he thought his messed up teeth didnt project the proper image!! His roles asyouth pastor atBuffalo-area churchThe Chapelin the 1990s and then as presidentat Circle C RanchinruralCattaraugus Countyplaced him in close proximitytodozens ofgirls particularly youth group members from area churches, andcamp staff members. After telling police last year he'd been molested by a youth pastor at Cornerstone Fellowship Church in Mathews County, a 16-year-old boy got an unusual call, according to court testimony. Had the authorities had any convincing evidence on him, they would not have dropped all the charges and offered him a trespassing plea, would they? and called and tried over and over to contact the church (it was a service night)to let someone know. What does that matter? The deal threw out several charges of indecent exposure. Dekalb declined to comment generally for this story. hmmmmmm, woulda never pegged her for a pastors wife, until I was actually told who she was. His face, withbrighteyes, asalt-and-pepper goateeand weatheredsmile lines, could easily blend inwith those of otherlikable dads. [1][3] The church grew rapidly and by the age of 26, Pitts was preaching to over 1,000 weekly members. julie: looking at this from a completely nontheistic viewpoint, the fact that Pitts was acquitted should be proof enough, in this country anyway, of his innocence. 4 Reviews. Doesnt it say in the Bible that you are to tithe to the church 10% of your wages? Ive never said I thought he was arrogant or manipulative. Who was without sin Christ was! Others have expressed suspicion, nonchalance or patent disbeliefregardingwomens stories on social media, or in person at church meetings. Thats what bothers you! Thats the childish statement. Pitts is not the end all be all in the Charismatic realm. Im still not angry, but it seems youd like me to be. Why is the church still strong? Dont get your hackles up matthew and no name thats just my opinion. I dont foresee that happening. One can still see what a wonderful teacher he is. Nineteen others14 of them speaking on the record,including former camp staff members, their family members andpastors in the region said theypersonally witnessedAarumsactions, or heard aboutthemfrom staff or loved ones. He was identified by witnesses along with his automobile. Police and the Cattaraugus County district attorney,Lori Pettit Rieman,ultimately determined that none of the allegations, some of which could have been considered criminal in nature at the time, were criminally actionable now,because the statute of limitations hadexpired,according to police reports. The organizations legal counsel at the time, Julia Hilliker, a partner at major Western New York law firm Hodgson Russ LLP,investigated the initial abuse claims. What exactly is the Cornerstone Church Affiliation? Hi there, Suggested duration 1-2 hours Suggest edits to improve what we show. Follow her on Twitter @Sjtaddeo. Ferchenwas sufficiently concerned, he said, that heconfrontedAarum at the time about ending upalone in a space with someone of the opposite sex, which was prohibited underanother one ofthe Ranchs policies. If this kind of a critical error could be made it is obvious that this man is an idiot who is incapable of trustworthy testimony because he may have forgotten what day it was! Josh, is there any way you could post the Police Report from the Delta arrest? Nineteen years later, in 2016, ata Christian children'scamp in Western New York,16-year-oldLaura Snell straddled a bench facing Aarum, whowas nowthecamp's president. Thirdly: During the beginning of the trial, more than 4 people (women)reported to the police that the individual they saw had an uncanny likeness to michael pitts and they gave a description of a car that was later followed up on and the individual that owned the car DID have a definite likeness to the pastor, as well as a record as long as your arm of indecent exposure and assault!! Cmon, how stupid would he have to be? lots o people enjoy me lucky charms In theweeks following, over a dozen womengave statements toofficers regarding their experiences with Aarum. Pastor Michael Pitts spent nine daysin the Corrections Center of Northwest Ohio after state troopers pulled him over last December. God Bless Pastor Pitts and the whole Cornerstone Family, I myself have benefited greatly from the annointing spirit that overflows beyond the walls of Cornerstone. Thats the mentality of America that he has found a foundation to preach upon. I did and so did my son and most of his friends. Suppose someone was to lay out all that you, Josh, have done in the past 12 years, Im sure it would be somewhat less than flattering. than to poke my nose in the buisness of one man. Hey, anonymous: I guess no one reads my writing except you, who keeps coming back to my site five times a day to leave anonymous comments calling me gay and asshole. When she finished telling him about it, Aarum praised her;he said God still loved her. Do you have a system of discipling or spiritual guidance your expected to seek? The bible says to bring your tithe into the storehouse and a blessing would be poured out on you. There will be false prophets, and we are never to follow man, but God only. Nobodys perfect, you should know that! Although he will likely never be as popular as he once was, with the help of friends like Mohler, he can continue to speak and earn a four-digit speaker fee. Thankyou Doug. No matter how broken and desperate you are, He is still a miracle-working God. The park ranger on the stand lied about seeing Pastor Pitts on a few occasions, (since he had solid alibi of being out of the country preaching and was actually televised on those dates live preaching in those countries)So the judge called up the prosecution and the defense, they went into chambers and they proved purgery. But I for one, am not ever going to go to a church where the guy has had so much evidence pointing at him, and putting him in such a bad light. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher. I guess I should have explained better Matt, but before I even knew who she was, she had already spoke to me, and had taken the Lords name in vain, to be exact God, theyre all cute! meaning men. To invest in and support our ministry, visit http://cornerstonechurch.info/giving to make a. Disgusting! He was out of the country on half of the alleged dates. The USA TODAY Network attempted to obtain any relevant reportsfiled on Wayne Aarum fromtheOffice of Children and Family Servicesunder the Freedom of Information Law. I dont care if you let the mean rest. He also pleaded "no contest" in April of 1998 to two charges of criminal trespassing in a case where he was accused of exposing himself at Oak Openings Metropark. Pitts says hes done nothing wrong, despite the evidence. Let me make something clear, you dont know anything about my character. 48hr left. 'I was so young': Former Circle C Ranch staffer discusses effects of abuse. They lived bored lives and were hungry for entertainment. Thats why they will go to Pitts pleasure palace and parade around for the sheeple to snap pictures of them and utter nonsensical religious platitudes.