Once ground beef is fully cooked, place in a bowl and cool in the refrigerator. ), The best part? Becky woke up on her 30th birthday and realized she didn't know how to cook, anything! Stir to combine. Add the lid and cook until cheese is melted. Stir in the salt, pepper, oregano, cumin, and paprika and then pour in the fire-roasted tomatoes. Any suggestions for how to adapt it to canning? Its what a real slow cooker recipe should be just dump it all in and turn it on! It's included as a part of my FREE digital homestead library. Instructions. Great for the next Taco Tuesday at our house! Add raw ground beef to a slow cooker and break it up with a spatula. Slow cooker liners are an optional but helpful hack whenever using a slow cooker. Learn how to make Crockpot Taco Meat Recipe for the best taco meat packed with flavor. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. I usually come home to make it on my lunch hour. (I always add rice to my regular tacos). I served it over a salad for the adults and in tortillas for kids. Best Slow-Cooker Beef Tacos Recipe - Delish . I'd like to receive the free email course. I believe that delicious meals should be easy to make. The very best taco meat weve ever made! Scoop beef out of slow cooker with a slotted spoon to be served, or saved for later. The addition of potatoes makes this a hearty dish the whole family will love! Add ground beef to crock pot. Place the crock pot liner into the crock pot. Use a wooden spoon to combine the best you can. Your email address will not be published. Yum! Exactly, thats crock pot cooking 101 brown ground beef first. Having a party? Add beef and brown, breaking it into smaller pieces using a wooden spoon. Love that theres no browning the meat before hand. Learn how to cook slow cookertacofilling to make dinner time so easy during busy weeknights. Welcome to The Lazy Slow Cooker. I am so happy you are here! Back to school generally comes with homework, reading assignments and extra curricular activities, which leaves verrrry little time to actually cook dinner, let alone sit down as a family. Head to the diet generator and enter the number of calories you want. I'm Amanda. Ill tell my hubs, hell be delighted to not have to dig next year. The wind caught the straw on fire and we still had the best crop of potatoes ever! Break the ground chuck apart and mix well. (By the way, if you love easy and delicious recipes, you will love my Prairie Homestead cookbook! I would go with a USDA 85% Lean Ground Chuck. Everyone in my family loved it plus it was super simple Only thing I changed a tad was I only had tomato paste and diced tomatoes on hand with McCormicks Taco Seasoning added a tablespoon of brown sugar due to my younger children not liking spicey food but it was just right. The slow cooker keeps things simple: No draining, browning, or standing over a stove required here. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Yes, you can. The Salty Marshmallow. Thank you very much for this recipe , it is excellent ! I will intentionally double the batch that I am making so that we can have leftovers for the upcoming meat. Top with the taco seasoning, garlic powder, and salsa. Now that youre here, stay a bit, browse a few recipes, and lets get cookin! Can I make more than 2 lbs with this recipe at once? Even utilizing extremely lean beef does not make for a great end product. Beans Refried beans or black beans are great choices. I tried this the other day and it was SOOO good!! Crockpot Pizza Casserole. Serve with your favorite taco shells, tortilla chips and favorite toppings. Use one portion in your Mexican recipes that call for 1 lb ground beef cooked with taco seasoning mix. Just add in a little salsa and it will be the perfect consistency for beef tacos. Cover and cook on High heat for 4 hours or until meat is no longer pink and cooked through. Filed Under: Food Tagged With: best crock pot tacos, chili taco bowl, crock pot ground beef tacos, crock pot mexican ground beef, crock pot recipes tacos, crock pot taco meat, crock pot taco pie, crock pot tacos, crock pot walking tacos, crockpot frito casserole, crockpot frito pie, crockpot ground beef tacos, crockpot taco, crockpot taco . I Made It. Easy Recipes anyone can make, that everyone will love! Place all ingredients in a slow-cooker set on HIGH heat. Stir to combine. I need to make enough to serve 30 people so I need to calculate quantities. This Mexican ground beef is full of taco seasoning, salsa, onions, garlic. Chicken is the biggest offender. Make a large batch for a party or taco bar. [b]For the Slow Cooker: [/b] Mix the ingredients for the taco seasoning in a small bowl. Think it would work? Sorry! I suggest a cooking time of about 4 hours to allow flavors to meld together. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases and affiliate links. Top with the taco seasoning, garlic powder, and salsa. Homesteading | Self Sufficient Living | Living off the Land, 76 Comments | Jill Winger | Last Updated: December 22, 2021, to give you a whole new appreciation for easy meals. Instructions. Pour the salsa on top and sprinkle with the taco seasoning mix. Thanks for sharing! I recommend a 6 quart or larger slow cooker for even cooking. Or just use it as the protein in our Beef Queso Dip. However, if youre using ground beef thats very fatty, you can strain off some of the fat before serving. If you have thawed ground beef, you can totally use that too. 16 votes, 38 comments. Its a go to recipe for me. Place the ground beef in the crock pot, and use a wooden spoon or spatula to break it up into smaller pieces. 2. When we got back, I tried the method and My potatoes rotted? Spoon the meat from the slow-cooker, with a slotted spoon, into a large paper towel-lined bowl. THE BEST taco meat recipe out there plus the convenience of slow cooking it in a crock pot! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. This Crock Pot Taco Meat could NOT be easier to make, and once cooked, it is ready to be enjoyed right away, or it can be frozen for later! Cook on low for 3 hours. I like to add black beans to my taco bowl. 1. 1 week ago momscravings.com Show details . Brown, breaking into smaller pieces as it cooks, for another 4-5 minutes, or until no longer pink. The fact that she chose not to answe you at all is the kindest response she could have given. Taco meat is also great to store. If desired, separate into smaller servings and place in separate bags. Did this with gr chuck. Subscribe to have posts delivered straight to your inbox!! Whole frozen chickens cook to perfection as well! Heres how to do alter this recipe for a non-brown method: Absolutely! Ive done that before and it still tastes great. I had an old-timer back east, tell me he planted his potatoes that way, and just added hay to it as needed. Pour the cornbread muffin mix on top of the beef and bean mixture in the crockpot. This post may contain affiliate links. Add the taco seasoning and mix well; try and break up the ground beef some more. This should be on our list for next weeks menu! Add ground beef, onions, garlic, salsa, taco seasoning, salt, pepper in a large crockpot (6 quart or larger). Some people believe it adds more flavor but I didnt notice a difference. Your email address will not be published. Its a hit with everyone! Place beef, enchilada sauce, onion, rotel, garlic, beans, corn and taco seasoning in the crock pot. We earn from qualifying purchases as part of Amazon and other affiliate programs. Ground chicken would work as well. Photographer. Stretch your dollar with beans added to this slow-cooker ground beef! Hi Jenni, The beef does turn brown, but not as much of it will take on the deep browned/fried look it will get in a frying pan. If not using within 3 days, transfer to freezer bags and freeze up to 3 months. Finally add in chicken broth and vinegar. I keep this on hand and it makes a big batch. When it comes to beef, we all know that steaks and roasts are pricey and take up too much space in the freezer. I like to buy mine in bulk for a cheaper per-piece price. Crock pot taco meat is simple, juicy, and packed full of flavor. The meat comes out nice and moist, not dried out as it can be on the stovetop. My guess is that you didnt even bother to try the recipe. Id rather not cook on the stove in the summer heat and I never thought of cooking it in the slow cooker. Season the beef with the taco seasoning, and mix well. This recipe is so easy and everyone loves it! We love leftover taco meat. If there is extra liquid take cover off during the last 15-20 minutes cook without cover to cook off extra liquid. . If you want you can add the beef to the skillet and give it a quick brown. Saw this recipe and was wondering will it work just as well for a fast stove top cook? Add all ingredients and stir. and I am the recipe developer/blogger behind these posts. Try this crock pot Mexican Taco Casserole Recipe. You are quite self-centered to think that the author of this post sits around waiting to immediately respond to bloggers questions. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 hours. (May need an additional 30 minutes cook time if completely frozen) Break apart and mix beef and serve in tortillas, or over rice. Gather the ingredients. That's it! Thanks for supporting our site through your clicks! Finally add in chicken broth and vinegar. Will it be okay with thawed ground beef on low for 6-8 hours if no one is home to stir it? Tacos are my familys favorite meal. Wife, mother, photography nerd, and bacon lover! Just tweak this simple and flavorful meal to fit any palate; spicy, mild, vegetarian, carnivore - no matter what your preference, consider it covered. Sprinkle with taco seasoning and stir well. Thaw overnight in fridge or in the morning in water (meal may not be 100% thawed but that is ok). Unsubscribe at any time. LOVE!!! Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours. 1.77 lbs is 1/4 lb shy of 2 pounds. This way your next dish doesn't end up overwhelmed by a bunch of oily meat water. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Guided. Add taco seasoning spices, diced green chiles, tomato paste, tomato sauce and salsa. Like say 3-4 to feed a crowd? Dont forget to show me a pic of what you made! Once you have fully cooked (and drained all excess fat and liquids from) your beef, this recipe is a breeze. Would you do 3 cups of water too. Drain beef mixture through strainer set over large bowl. I searched and couldnt find one. Try this recipe overnight! When the meat is finished cooking, drain any liquid from the crockpot and break up the beef as desired with a fork. Let the excess fat drain from the beef for 10 minutes then transfer the beef to a covered container and refrigerate. Add the cooked ground beef and onion mixture and top with taco seasoning. Drain excess grease, if necessary. Made in my instant pot and it worked beautifully. 5-Minute Crock-Pot Burritos Pork. 3. Could i do water or beef broth in place of the canned tomatoes ? These Crock Pot BBQ Meatballs make a huge batch and are always a hit! Add raw ground beef to crockpot, top with taco seasoning spices, tomato paste, diced green chiles, garlic, and onion. It truly is perfect for any parties you might have. The original Louisiana po' boys were stuffed with EITHER fried seafood or thinly sliced beef, so this sammy is an American original in more ways than one. Make homemade taco bowls. Ask me how I know lol. Checking it once or twice to give it a stir and to break up the meat. It comes out very tender, but can by a touch drier, so you can stir in a little taco sauce or picante sauce before serving. Hi, Im Carrie. Is it tough to find a more crowd-pleasing food than tacos! Freeze When it cools down completely, store it in a sealed container for up to 1 month. No I wouldnt. With endless options for customization and unmatched versatility, this recipe will be a hit for your guests and satisfy those cravings! The liquid from the tomatoes and chilis does the trick. It is so tasty and a great way to stretch your meat as well. Course: Main Course. What would be the cooking time on high for defrosted beef? Need an easy crock pot recipe? Save your strained liquid to use as a super flavorful braising liquid for your next pot roast. So easy. Ill need to multiply it so need to know approx how many tacos this amount makes then do some math. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours. Copyright 2023 The Prairie Homestead All rights reserved Site Design by Emily White Designs, Season 11: Episode 14: My Long Road Back to Whole Wheat Flours. 3. Lets cook! Step One: Place chicken breasts into the basin of the crockpot. Planning to have this as a main staple for a Mexican theme birthday party. Where has this recipe been all my life? I use it specifically with our venison burger and its awesome! Use a spoon to break up the taco meat in the slow cooker and serve. Want to use it in a meal plan? Begin by selecting the saute function on your Instant Pot. Instructions. (We use homemade taco seasoning.) Instructions. I didnt think to take a picture, but this was so easy and tasty, I will definitely make it again. Step Three: Cover with the lid and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours . Layer beef, dry noodles, ricotta cheese mix, mozzarella cheeseRepeat. If you do decide to have the crockpot brown you meat, it might turn out a little drier. It is so nice not having to buy the little packets all the time at the grocery store. This looks delicious!The whole family loved it Cant wait to make it again . What ground beef is best for tacos? Cover with salsa. Great work. Thank you so much for this recipe. Bread Like corn tortillas, flour tortillas, hard taco shells, pita bread, hamburger buns, hoagie rolls, etc. 4. We did this one year at the farm where someone lit the trash barrel that was in close proximity to the garden. So easy in the crock pot! Taco Tuesday has somehow morphed into Taco every day and it is easy to see why. Once steam has been released, open the lid. Btw.. been reading here for over a year. You dont have to. (via The Cooking Bride) Drain grease and transfer to slow cooker. I always make 4-5 lbs & have done this several times with this recipe. Instructions: Place all ingredients in a slow cooker. Then lay the eye of the potato on top of the ground. Adjust amount of seasoning Use more or less whatever herbs and seasonings you like or dislike. It is good in the freezer for up to 3 months. Notes I like to break up the taco meat 30 minutes before serving. Crock Pot Tacos Shredded Beef - Mom's Cravings . Jazz up traditional chili and make this easy Crockpot taco chili for an easy one pot meal. Turn up the heat by adding hot chili peppers into the slow cooker along with the listed ingredients. Saut the onion, garlic, and red chile, stirring frequently, until lightly browned and slightly translucent, about 5 minutes. Admittedly, beef tacos dont exactly take a TON of time to make. Tacos are just the beginning! Chili con Carne Casseroles et claviers. 1. Put your raw (thawed) ground beef in the crock pot and break it up with a wooden spoon. Divide into 4 portions. These are the ultimate slow cooker ground beef tacos! Cook for 2-4 hours on HIGH until the meat is completely brown. I want to see! Whether you use ground beef, ground turkey or chicken in this recipe, it is sure to be a hit. Cover and Cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours, or on HIGH 4 to 5 hours. Add beef and increase heat to MED HIGH. Cover and cook until done, stirring occasionally to ensure even cooking. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, or HIGH for 3-4 hours. A lot. Not all slow cooker tacos are created equally and ground beef tacos are one that gets the short end of the stick. It never ceases to amaze me how when Im looking for something about homesteading or simpler living, I end up here. 3. I love this recipe! Cook on high 1.5-2 hours or low 3-4 hours. Toss everything in the slow cooker earlier in the day and once you come home, dinner is ready to be served. Place ground beef into slow cooker. Top with onions and tomato paste. Place ground beef in a crock pot. Not only does your slow cooker make family dinner time a breeze but it is also great for parties or large crowds. Cant wait to pass this on to meat loving friends! Yes! Stir and serve over taco shells or in a salad. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Stir in ketchup, taco seasoning, and cold water. Love this recipe! (We use homemade taco seasoning.). This love for tacos defies generational, geographic, and societal boundaries. . Stuffed with bourbon glazed corned beef, the sandwich is topped with a vinegar-based cabbage slaw that really pops. Curious if I could use the same method to turn frozen ground beef into spaghetti sauce. Cool it completely, then store in airtight containers in the freezer for 2-3 months. Love that this is made in and instant pot! Instructions. Its delicious and I probably wont make taco meat any other way from now on!