For white pizza, the funghi & tartufo is also amazing. True Brooklynite here ?, and I fully agree. Pizza is a balance of delicate flavors, though a bread product, very light, with the sweetness coming from the charred crust. Its also well known for its high cost and even higher wait time. Useful. A post shared by DI FARA PIZZA (@difarapizzanyc). Originally coal fired brick ovens were used. There is no indoor dining available and they are cash only. Rest of time all other places had good pizza I agree. Perfectly located under the Brooklyn Bridge, Ignazios is a beautiful spot for a date night with some of Brooklyns best pizza. Enter your email address to subscribe to the MidJersey.news website and receive notifications of new posts by email. Does anyone really need a pizza scorecard to eat/source good pizza? 192. Another famous pizza in Brooklyn spot that has been ranked as New York Citys #1 pizza and Food Networks #1 pizza in America is Totonnos of Coney Island, which was also featured on that same episode of Ugly Delicious with David Chang! Sounds like a great tip! The Barstool President hit over a dozen of the city's most-recommended pizza joints while he was in town and apparently he saved the best for last. They got the Traditional Margherita, Neapolitan (red pie, no cheese), Bianca (white pie, no sauce), and a little half and half action with the Margherita/Bianca Combo. Carmine & sons graham Ave, smiles pizza in park slope, Europa on 65th st. ", Chegg does pizza:LBI's The Chicken or the Egg is expanding, adding pizzeria. Theres a great pizzeria on sheepshead bay road called Delmar.i love their food too. Hurray for Totonnos and L & B. Ninos in Bay Ridge is good for Grandma Pizza. Portnoy has tasted hundreds of pies and is no stranger to New Jersey: He has visited Tenth Street Pizza in Hoboken, Amano Pizza in South Amboy, Papa's Tomato Pies and DeLorenzo's in. Holy moly, what a slice. Its legendary and always highly recommended on foodie guides for the best pizza in Brooklyn and one of the most famous pizzas in Brooklyn to try! Could get a tad more crisp on it. So true, the best pizza is the one that you enjoy the most, no one else. Brooklyn Square Pizza, which opened its original location in Jackson almost a decade ago, its Manalapan location in 2017 and Toms River in 2018, has become a favorite to many including. Its also a family-owned joint and has been since the beginning, which makes it the oldest family-operated pizzeria in America and possibly across the globe. We will have to go check that out! After your pizza, be sure to explore the neighborhood, we have a guide to the best things to do in Greenpoint! Spumoni gardens titonnos and lennys. Stallone and travolta pics in house.u wont be dissapointed. Their pizza is thin sliced, delicious and very well prepared. When you search online, it says Old Forge, PA is the pizza capital of the world which I was not expecting. You really need to try LIndustrie Pizzeria in Williamsburg and youll change your list up for sure. From the Delaware River to the Jersey Shore. And yes, please come to North Jersey, Brooklyn Square Pizza, it on ly makes sense - Brooklyn is right across the water! The Denver spot that Portnoy stopped at has a 4.5 of 5 star rating on Yelp, with more than 300 glowing reviews. (btw Ive lived here for 20 years and am a chef so def have been around). DiFaras 2.0 is not the same pizza we grew up eating, hasnt tasted the same since 2004 $30 a pie with mice running around the kitchen. So hard to narrow a list all great places and all so different. This, I like. In his review of the Upside Down Square, Portnoy said,"It's a spectacular-looking square pie. This spot for pizza in Brooklyn located on the buzzing Franklin Avenue in Crown Heights offers a menu of mouthwatering Neapolitan wood-fire pies. Now with year availability of basil, skip the Oregano and add sliced fresh basil, just before serving. It's his gig. dave Portnoy . Eater says a representative of Williamsburg Pizza confirmed the rumor, although the new restaurant will not be affiliated with Williamsburg Pizza. This is a great slice. Barstool Pizza Review - Brooklyn Pizza (Short Hills, NJ) powered by Monster Energy. You can watch the pizza being prepared in the oven from your table at both locations. Also, it's NYC. If so, we will check it out but this article is solely about Brooklyn pizzerias! This place is the original Pizzeria !!! I dont know about you, but Im absolutely adding Spumoni Gardens to my Brooklyn pizza restaurants bucket list. Something went wrong. The founder of Barstool Sports and One Bite Pizza Reviews, Massachusetts-born Portnoy spends a lot of time eating and reviewing pizza. Their menu is really short and sweet. I agree, Julianas I personally think is better, looking forward to L&B opening there. The question is, does he really? Looks like David Portnoy the founder of the popular, openly and aggressively misogynistic sports and pop culture blog Barstool Sports, and a man known for frequently putting his foot in his mouth is getting into the New York restaurant business. Speedy Romeo offers a plethora of mouthwatering pizza options that will leave you indecisive. NYC and pizza are two peas in a pod thanks to the citys rich history with immigration and Italian immigrants. Here are five of his most recent reviews. ?. We will be keeping an eye on that though! Both Il Coloseo and Europa are easily accessible by train and date back to the early 1990s. This pie should be on everyones to do list of must-try pizzas in Brooklyn. Visitors come from all over to try this famous pizza in Brooklyn spot even though it is quite the hike from Manhattan and even some other parts of Brooklyn. On the other end of the spectrum. I know his name because I remember he got kicked out of the Super Bowl or a Super Bowl event this year. I don't care that he rates John's a 9.3. Also, if youre a fan of SharkTank, the owner of Table 87 sold his idea for the coal oven pizza experience at home with their frozen pizzas you can buy at the store and bake at home! Dinner gets busy quickly but if you can, I definitely recommend sitting outside. Related: This restaurant hailed for best pizza in Brooklyn's Bushwick neighborhood The De Lorenzo's pizza lineage goes back four generations to Italian immigrants Pasquale and Maria De Lorenzo, who helped their four sons (Jimmy, Joe, Johnny and Alexander "Chick . Some people like thin crust, others prefer a thicker pie. They also always have rotating specialty pizzas that changes with each season. That will be one of my goals as I intend to go out there more and cover Bensonhurst and Sheepshead Bay more! Ciccios : Brooklyn Pizza on avenue U & W5th..are we keeping it a secret?Small place with amazing pizza sesame seeds on the crust.something special to try! The clash arose belatedly from a June 2015 Barstool Sports blog in which Portnoy responded to a USA Today story about staffers at Gawker Media voting to unionize with the help of the Writers Guild of America. To my loyal customers we love you and to my oncologist Dr.Cooper that's gonna keep me around along time to flip Pizzas #stayawayfrommywife #brooklynsquare #brooklynsquarepizza #barstoolpizzareview #pizza #njpizza #pizzanj, A post shared by Peter Grippo (@brooklynsquarepizza) on Feb 13, 2020 at 6:51pm PST. It a basic pizza spot doing pizza the right way. Going there many years.owner great.check it out!!? Its a reference to a catchphrase used on Portnoys internet pizza review show that was once called One Bite With Davey Pageviews but now goes simply by Pizza Reviews, whose episodes sometimes rack up millions of views. The best thing about F&F is that you dont have to empty your wallet to get a taste, this is one of the unbelievable Brooklyn pizza restaurants that offers slices for pick up! Crust is very good. Sometimes you can expect to wait over an hour to get your food, but thats the price we pay for the best Brooklyn pizza. Please enter a valid email and try again. Girl that had a blast) !!! This was an article written by an OBVIOUS non native New Yorker who only goes to trendy parts of Brooklyn.. because thats what non New Yorkers do. David Portnoy doesn't know anything other than how to make trouble. Alternatively, you may use, Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, an IHG Hotel. Brooklyn Square received a 7.8 on the round pie and gave the square pie an 8.9 and said it was the best Sicilian upside-down slice hes ever reviewed. Bookmark for later or share the love below on Pinterest. According to a press release, "They saw humble beginnings, starting the company as a single shop in Brooklyn, NY back in 2016. Just note, they dont open until 2 PM so its more of a late lunch or quick dinner spot. The hot honey is everything. Dellaroccos also has menu items that are Vegan and Gluten-Free. Using high gluten flour, water, yeast, olive oil, salt, (anyone can do that) the real technique becomes what yeast and the proof. Luckily for you, weve made a guide to all the best things to do in Bushwick to help make an entire day out of your trip to this pizza joint whose popularity has reached across the country, and now theres locations in Los Angeles and Nashville too! Totonos wwas a regular pizzeria. And if thats not enough to get you to try Di Fara, keep reading. Keep in mind this is one of the Brooklyn pizza restaurants that is cash only. Some want their pizza loaded with toppings; others like just cheese and sauce. They really arent messing around, their pizza is legit. WORLD. Regardless, Motorino is one of the OG best Brooklyn pizza spots you wont want to miss. See MidJersey.news story from November 14, 2009 newsletter, An East Village Home for Live Music and Borscht Martinis Says Goodbye, A regularly updated roundup of closed restaurants in New York City, NYCs Oldest Cheese Shop Is Moving to New Jersey, Plus, Danny Meyer is investing in reservation platform SevenRooms and more intel, A Trek Through Mexican Diner Menus Uncovers One of the Citys Largest Burritos, Diners are making room for tacos, nachos, and more, Sign up for the Not only is it one of my favorite DUMBO pizza spots, but its also on the list of best restaurants in DUMBO with a view, since its located directly below the Brooklyn Bridge. Best Pizza is such a good spot. One Bite Pizza Reviews. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-100893003', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');NYC, then let him list some local/unknown places that get 8.5+ ratings. Barstool Sports' Dave Portnoy visited the eatery in 2019 and raved about it. 50. . Some excellent choices. So who has the best pizza in the Garden State? Just basic.". According to Business Insider, Portnoy repeated his threats in a tweet in August 2019, stating he would fire any employee on the spot for reaching out to Rafi Letzter, a staff writer at Live Science, who encouraged Barstool Sports employees to send him a private message about the unionization process. JACKSON-Barstool Sports One Bite Pizza host Dave El Presidente Portnoy visited the Jersey Shore last week to take a bite out of two local favorites, Pete and Eldas in Neptune City and Brooklyn Square Pizza in Jackson Township. Portnoy has tasted hundreds of pies and is nostranger to New Jersey: He has visitedTenth Street Pizza inHoboken, Amano Pizza in South Amboy,Papa's Tomato Pies and DeLorenzo's in Robbinsville,Ralph's Pizza in Nutley, Strawberry's Pub & Pizza in Woodbridge, Pizza Town USA in Elmwood Park and Benny Tudino's in Hoboken. Although thats one amazing pie, there are many more worth trying. Thanks for the recommendation! I agree 100%!!!! Additionally, Totonnos is only open Thursday-Sunday and is currently take out only. In the summer months, Table 87 in Gowanus also does outdoor movies using a projector on the Smith & 9th Street subway platform above! He also tweeted that he would fire employees who hired pro-union attorney Matthew Weir of the law firm Holwell Shuster & Goldberg LLC. This spot has kind of a fancy feel, which is perfect for date night in Brooklyn or get some for take out. For more on Grimaldis and its history, check out our full guide on the Best Pizza in DUMBO! According to a press release, "They saw humble beginnings, starting the company as a single shop in Brooklyn, NY back in 2016. I feel like Totonnos,Di Fara (RIP Dominic)and Grimaldi have always been the 3 spots that were compared amongst one another as best spots (I feel like everyone usually has their one fav of the 3 if theyve tried all). The reason that Emily is one of the best pizza places in Brooklyn is because when you walk in, you feel at home. Im sure L&B was thrown in for good measure. Yeah Grimaldis and L&B are a bit touristy, but for real Lucali, F&F, DiFara, Totonnos, etc are all super legit best pizza spots in the borough. I have to go check it out! (Take that Chicago). Offer frozen desserts to increase your pizzerias check averages and draw new customers. Its funny, we have, this post needs to be updated! If youve ever heard of Stool Presendiente or more formally known as the one bite man, youve heard of Luigis Pizza. You should try Slice of Brooklyn (849 4th ave, Corner of 31st street) their freshly, hand rolled, made to order, cheese and pepperoni Brooklyn style pizza was just Amazing, I was highly surprised of their great service they went out of the way towards to acomdate my family needs (specially my 6 y.o. ***If 10 people set out to rate every pizza spot in (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Luigis offers take away and outdoor dining. Sun. Un less you too , the reader of this article, are from Wisconsin as well and wouldnt know the difference between good or bad red pizza smh. Best pizza and garlic knots and nice guys behind the counter. They offer regular pies, square pies, white pies, and then some specialty pies. I happen to see the episode on Youtube when he was at DiFara(I believe)..the vid came up in my suggestions about a year ago. Plus, they have a more casual slice shop just down the street perfect if youre looking for a more grab and go option vs sit down. They keep it simple by offering large pizzas and both small and large calzones. Go: 265 S New Prospect Road; 732-961-7999. That being said.. we love our neighbors (even if we gotta tell them like it is sometimes haha). You can get delicious pizza by the slice here in both the Sicilian style and classic style pizzas. This all changed in 2012. The Colony2 is heaven, with pepperoni, pickled jalapeno, and hot honey. Uh, pretty sure they hit the major best pizza spots in BK on this. Portnoy, who is internet famous for standing outside pizza places,. Here's all of Dave Portnoy's pizza reviews from Monmouth and Ocean Counties. While youre in the area, make sure to check out our full guide to all the best things to do at Coney Island! So far, he's tried most of the well-known places. Enjoy our local food and drink coverage? This pizza joint was rated an 8.7/10 by pizza connoisseur, Dave Portnoy, which is the highest score out of the three famous DUMBO pizza spots (Grimaldi's, Juliana's, & Ignazio's). Another worthwhile choice is to get the best of Emmy Squared and try their Cheesy Garlic sticks for a little pizza flavor and then follow up with their famous pretzel bun and special sauce burger. Will try it out! Anthony Valinoti pours sauce onto a pizza at Deluca's in July 2019. "I put the cheese on the bottom, the sauce on the top, then extra-virgin olive oil, then I finish it with a layer of Pecorino Romano," owner Peter Grippo said in a 2018 interview with the Asbury Park Press. The lack of flop in the pizza is impressive. In Brooklyn, Eat & Drink, Guides, See & Do by KatieFebruary 1, 202393 Comments. Besides pizza being woven into the fabric of the citys history, NYC and Brooklyn make some of the best pizza out there because of two other secret weapons; our citys famous water is a secret ingredient for any bread-related products and the styles of ovens used to cook the pizzas from coal ovens, wood fire, and deck ovens to name a few! I mostly only eat one of two pizzas, Margaretta or Anchovy. 4. Warren Buffett, in annual letter, stays upbeat and preaches patience, Bankman-Fried can have flip phone, limited internet while on bail, US proposes, Tesla recalls 3,470 Model Y vehicles over loose bolts, Silvergate suspends crypto payments network; shares fall after-hours, BofA, Citigroup trim investing banking headcount in Asia -sources, Rheinmetall in talks on building tank factory in Ukraine report, German sanctions against Russian oligarchs advancing slowly, Japan unions ask average 4.5% wage hike, biggest since 1990s, Exclusive-Nvidias plans for sales to Huawei imperiled if U.S. tightens Huawei curbs-draft, Sri Lankas rate hike shows commitment to rapid disinflation IMF, Havre de Grace taxidermist cited for failing to maintain detailed records. Bunch of babies. https://t.co/5aFVQauUXa. First ny pizzeria I ate at as a child. How is Wheated in Kensington not on this list?Nor Pizzamoto? I found their chicken parm to be just average. All of these wood-fired pizzas are topped with a unique array of toppings, which are all locally sourced. 44-year-old David Scott Portnoy, known popularly as Dave Portnoy, is an American blogger, internet celebrity, and the founder of the renowned pop culture blog, Barstool Sports. Paulie Gees has something for everyone. Their Sicilian pizza is 2nd to none. And if you like Detroit style pizza, continue on as these are the same folks behind Emmy Squared (another pick on this guide with locations nationwide). Where you would not be able to find a pizza with lettuce on it is in a classic neighborhood pizzeria. Italian, Pizza, Vegetarian options . The secret of a great pizza is the crust, both preparing and cooking. Needless to say, choose wisely. Hi Karen, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, you sound upset by this article. The crust. . One of the Best. What he said: "To me, this is date pizza. But, out of those four, John's is good for a sit down experience and very convenient. Barf. Also Mikes pizza on 20th ave Brooklyn which the original owner in his late eighties is still making the pizza. Lennys pizzeria in bensonhurst is off ur list. Brooklyn Square is known not for its thin crust, but thick crust upside Grandmas square pizza, with the sauce on top of the cheese. I think what is lacking here is spots in Bensonhurst/Sheepshead/ etc end of Brooklyn (al though I am glad about the few that were included ). They have been family owned and operated through four generations now and L&B is also home to some of Brooklyns best pizza as well as one of the boroughs sexiest slices. This is without a doubt one of the best restaurants in Greenpoint, a neighborhood thats no stranger to good food. One Bite Pizza Reviews. Brooklyn, NY. Here you can get both by the slice and entire pies at Di Fara, featuring quality ingredients. According to Reader's Digest, the recipe was passed down by Grippo'sItalian grandmother, and made with hand-crushed tomatoes for a "not too sweet, not too sour, and totally tasty" blend. The restaurant has an awesome vintage feel and even better food, which is why its also one of our favorite restaurants in Clinton Hill. I would have thought that in order to make the list you would first and foremost need to BE a pizzeria? If that buzz doesnt get you in the door of this best pizza in Brooklyn spot, we arent sure what will! Thanks so much for the insight, its perfect for an overseas visitor. What used to be an auto body shop, is now the Speedy Romeo restaurant. - File photo by The Sentinel-Record. After your pizza, be sure to explore the neighborhood, we have a guide to the best things to do in DUMBO! Wouldnt know the other 2/3s of Brooklyn un less they had a beard festival or a vegan cofffee/ cat cafe. No word yet on when this pizzeria might open, but it will reportedly sell bar pie-style pizza. in Howell . Pizza Wagon of Bay Ridge. Like our other famous pizza in Brooklyn spots, there is usually a wait or long line here. Portnoy headed south to Jackson Township to Brooklyn Square, which also has a location in Toms River. Too many hipster joints. Theres nothing better than a cozy restaurant that offers mouthwatering pies, beer, wine, and more. 27. Honorable mention to mention to Europa on 65th Street. Posts dominated by non native to Brooklyn transplants. Nyc is not nearly as good as New Haven. And dont forget the dessert calzone at the end of your meal! Saraghina is a Bed Stuy mainstay and worth the travel it time it takes you to get here. See our best DUMBO restaurants with a view to see what I mean. Spumoni garden L &B BEST HANDS DOWN..cars are doubled and tripled park lot always full. U are exactly right those 4 places r hands down the best pizzerias in Bklyn. Oooh, We have to go try! Brooklyn Square Pizza, which opened its original location in Jackson almost a decade ago, its Manalapan location in 2017 and Toms River in 2018, has become a favorite to many including. The winner for New Jersey? New Jersey has the best pizza in the country, right? Known widely and always busy (be sure to make a reservation, be prepared to wait, or opt for takeout! Try their pineapple and ham, the bacon, avocado, and tomato pie, or the Siciliana. Looking for the best pizza in Brooklyn to try? You forgot to add Nonos on 3rd Ave. near 88th St in Bay Ridge! the Upside Down . There's a ton, so scroll down and find the likes of Vic's in Bradley Beach, Maruca's in Seaside Heights, Three Brothers, Brooklyn Square and Pete-n-Elda's / Carmen's Pizzeria. newsletter, Dave Portnoy and Nino Coniglio Take One Bite of the East Village with Alright Frankie, Rumors: Barstool Sports and Williamsburg Pizza teaming up for a bar-pie concept at the former Percys Tavern, A New Korean Barbecue Restaurant for Downtown Brooklyn And More Openings, One of Londons Most Famous Restaurants Is Touching Down in Brooklyn, NYCsFirstMajorRestaurantUnionSince Covid LosesGround After Vote. The pizzeria is wedged in-between their two other establishments, Franks Wine Bar and Frankies 457. You begin by talking history and about Brooklyn pizzerias, so why not show actual Brooklyn pizza. Really helpful, thanks! He says "One bite. Or you can order a pie to go and eat at a park nearby. Good to know, will make sure to try it next time we are at Prospect Park! Another highly rated Barstool pick is Ignazios. We do need to continue exploring and eating through other parts of Brooklyn, if you have a place you think we should include please let us know and we will go try it! Youre right it is awesome!! Dave graduated in 1999 and went on to work with Yankee Group, a firm that specialized in IT market research. 1334. I feel like maybe the types of places she means are places where you can get a true Brooklyn style slice (think classic spots like Delmar, Knapp St Pizza, N&D , J&V, Da Vincis, Lennys, Franks etc) not saying that all places I named are necessarily the best but they are more just old school Brooklyn. 1 photo. Often stop there with my grandchildren. They also have appetizers, salads, and a drink menu complete with beer, wine, and cocktails to pair with your pizza, not to mention one of the best restaurants in Crown Heights and this neighborhood is stacked with great places to eat. Ive been searching for the best pizza in New York for the last eight years and at best have come up with pretty good pizza nothing like I remember from my childhood days If youve ever seen Big Daddy, the classic movie starring Adam Sandler, youve also heard of Luigis Pizza because that is the pizzeria from the movie. Julianas is the next Brooklyns best pizza hot spot and its actually right next door to Grimaldis and was actually founded by the same man, Patsy Grimaldi! Without further ado, here are all the famous Brooklyn pizza restaurants! We both got our own white pizza and our friends both got red pizzas, we were all impressed and can see why Time Out named this one of the best pizzas in the city. Great tip!! Since our Thin Crust Pizza is a very large pizza we sell "sections" of it as shown on our menu. Gaining critical acclaim, Emmy Squared Pizza is committed the . We, Davis T. said: While my first review of this place was quite negative I was very, Timmy Y. said: This is by far the most convenient store I have been to. Pizza by the slice is not available here. A Daily Beast report found that Portnoy has also allegedly threatened and harassed female sportswriters by making expletive-laden references to them either on the blog or on a podcast. Over the past two weeks, Portnoy has released his video reviews of Old Forge pizza. Great place. Thanks for stopping by Rick! ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-100892469', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Williamsburg. What began as two young people in love with a passion for eating delicious pies together is now one of the famous Brooklyn pizza restaurants. Clearly, it must be worth it! Their menu changes with the seasons and whenever they can, they use locally sourced ingredients. This spot uses a coal oven, one of the few places left that still cook pizza using a coal oven since being outlawed in the city. Same for steak, Italian, Thai, etc.***. In the late 90s, Patsy Grimaldi ditched the coal-fired ovens and sold the Grimaldi name and pizzeria, he wanted to retire, or so he thought. Eater has reached out to Barstool Sports for comment. We will go check it out! Although theres some debate about that and Giuseppinas seems to be living in the shadows of Lucali, it does pretty well standing on its own. Quite good. How did you go to Williamsburg, and forget about Carmines, on Graham and metropolitan? Listen to The Brooklyn Pizzaiolos, Right Ouuta Da Oven EP. #shorts Download The One Bite App to see more and review your favorite pizza. The score: 8.9 on the Brooklyn Square,7.8 for the round pizza, What he said:"It's a spectacular-looking square pie. They do have cocktails you can order while you wait! Cant wait to see That list as Im calling for a do-over!! Let us know what pizzerias you think are missing from this and we will check them out. Most of named spots in the article are newer spots on the Williamsburg/Downtown etc end of Brooklyn. Weve also included whether or not these pizzerias have gluten-free or vegan options on their menus. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-100916372', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');NYC, you would get 10 different ratings. New Haven pizza is the pizza capital of the world, and to not even mention it ( they mentioned Chicago lol) just goes to show you this list is garbage. Go:275 Grove St.; 201-356-9348, razzanj.com. It is well worth it. I 100% agree with Reginas comment!! Liked this guide to the best pizza in Brooklyn and all of Brooklyns best pizza? Oh dang, interesting on the take on DiFaras! Holy moly, what a slice. All defendants in crime reports are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Each time you go in, you will be given one of the best pizza slices in the city and most often from the chef and owner himself. Considering Portnoys obsession with pizza and his claim thatd try every single pizza slice in Manhattan, a pizzeria seems like a natural fit for Portnoys first restaurant venture. Go: 135 Newark Ave.; 201-544-5199. Thanks for your recommendation! Funny 1. The reality isthere are great slices throughout the city and it just settles down to personal preferences and proximity to your neighborhood. Adding Negrils ire pizza for People of color representation. This isn't greasy and it's super light. Im from Brooklyn, you never mentioned DaVincis on the Ave, right across from the best bakery Villabate Alba. So if youre looking for a true New York slice and dont mind spending the time or money, get to Di Fara! 4.4m Followers, 999 Following, 3,208 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Dave Portnoy (@stoolpresidente) They were never allowed to cool keeping embers glowing through the night, and stoking and banking every morning, the pizza was cooked with 1000 BTUs, no thermometers or thermostats. Curious as to what you think are the best spots they didnt mention. Thanks for the tip! Let us know in the comments below and we will go put it to the test! The sports blogging company leader visited a dozen pizzerias in Central New York at the. As far as appetizers go, make sure you order the fresh baked focaccia & whipped ricotta and a salad. This pizza spot actually was born in Greenwich Village in Manhattan, but since its so good and theres a Williamsburg location we had to include it! Just so I can smash their little union to smithereens.. Or spring for the New Yorker which has pepperoni, salami, mozzarella, ricotta, and tomato sauce. LIndustrie is a native Brooklynite and native Italian match made in heaven, if heaven is served as a buffalo mozz slice. That's the best square slice we've done in these reviews.". This pizza spot dates back to 1975 by an Italian immigrant from Naples known as Joe Pozzuoli. The score is "as high as I can go on Neopolitan.". Local delivery available. Dave Portnoy totally has a style and type of pizza that he prefers and if you . Youve hit the pepperoni right on the head!! Dave Portnoy, founder of the satirical sports and pop-culture blog Barstool Sports and known as "El Presidente" by fans, visited the borough on Wednesday, Aug. 14, as part of Barstool Pizza Reviews.