Im not sure what could be used to map out classroom jobs specifically from this post, and I think the ideas here go way beyond essay outlinesplease get back to me to clarify exactly what youre referring to, because we believe all the ideas here are good for student use. Anticipate questions that students may have and add answers to them in the instructions section (below the directions we talked about above). (i.e. Have students provide feedback to each others presentations, speeches, even videos using Google Forms. Thanks! They laugh. [] Sourced through Scoop.it from: ditchthattextbook.com []. Its in how teachers and students use it and how learning is improved. Google Slides lets you create similar experiences. They had to categorize the photos on the slides and give explanations for why they put the photo where they did. Adobe Express is now available in Google Classroom, which makes it easier than ever to incorporate more opportunities for creative thinking and communication into your assignments. They also let students practice as much as they'd like without depending on the teacher. I hope this helps! my friends loved it! This opens a channel of communication through private comments and gives you a digital space to leave a grade. Here are some ways to Google Classroom's features to make good assignments even better: 1a. This post is full of them! Student completes assignment and turns it in. Google offers some incredibly powerful tools if we know how to use them. Thank you! See what your assignments look like from the students' point-of-view. The tools on GeoGebra may not look fancy, but they provide the functionality to bring math concepts alive for students. Whenever students need to gather data to support an. It ended up taking 2-3 days to do what I had hoped to accomplish in 1. It even includes an icebreaker students will love. I had always grown up using Word docs and I was a little hesitant to start using Google docs at first. Ideas, Inspiration, and Giveaways for Teachers. Its a cinch to assign any of these items in Google Classroom using this app, and completion and grades are recorded in your online Gradebook. Create a Classroom assignment for a physical product (hands-on project, paper assignment) and have students mark as done when complete. I have another suggestion that I have used before- my students really liked it- a collaborative Google Slides presentation. This is possible and EASY in Google Slides: Simply create a slideshow, thenuse the Publish to the Web feature to create a slideshow that auto-advances and has no need for a presenter. The possibilities here are endless, useful for student clubs or sports teams, classroom or grade-level newsletters, or magazines put out by groups of students who share a common interest, like gaming systems, soccer, or books. I DO like your Choose Your Own Adventure story/activity. Comic strips are easy to create in Google Drawings. Gather the Facts and Create a Slideshow Using a Template. Despite students being given Google accounts for school this year, few had used them and had issues logging in. This could be a pretty massive undertaking, but we all know students who would be totally up for the challenge. This can save everyone time in the end and make classwork less painless. As a child, I loved these books, where your decisions affected the outcome for the character in the story. Teachers can create and assign whole-group or individual assignments using Google Classroom integration. Let students create their own digital portfolios of their favorite work. These short audio lessons are great for morning meetings or starting general current events discussions. Teacher assigns a grade and returns the assignment. 2. The login page will open in a new tab. Find the flash cards you need in their extensive library, or create your own to support any kind of lesson. #ditchbook https://t.co/9Cq2Kd08jw, Resource: Slide into science: Demonstrating learning with Google Slides, And memory games https://t.co/8NfwRnXs6b#ditchbook, Resource: Parallel & Perpendicular Memory Game with Google Slidesby Mandi Tolen, A2.b Google slides is a fantastic place to house novel #Hyperdocs Check out TONS of examples here https://t.co/xWb21NPYcdAnd use this template to create your own https://t.co/KmUIeU0z2M#ditchbook, Hi! Very interesting ideas. Google Slides isn't just for delivering presentations to an audience. She linked it here for all to use #filemakeacopy #conversechat #ditchbook https://t.co/DNfCZl6DBV, Resource: I spy numbers, can you? WeVideo is a creative and unique way for your students to demonstrate their understanding of a unit of study. @creativeedtech and @TeachingTechNix have created some amazing templates already. As a teacher, you can use get-to-know-you activities to help students bond as much as possible. For models and inspiration, elementary and middle school students can read student-written reviews on sites like, . Each getting their own slide. How to add Google Drawings comic strips to your class, I had a student use slides this week to write her own interactive math children's story. Easy to read and very helpful for teachers who often do not get the tutorials they need to instruct with GAFE. Click here to check out a post all about it. The reader would consume the content as a slideshow, clicking on the links themselves as they go through. Older or advanced students might work toward more sophisticated, nuanced review styles like book reviews written on Oprah.com. This supplemental resource will provide your students with review and fun at the same time.This pack includes BOTH digital activities and printable activities.It has been updated to include digital slides that work inside of Google Slides. Have students use Google Forms to create their own multiple-choice, True/False, fill-in-the-blank, or open-ended quizzes on the content they are learning. Through its expansive catalog of interactive lessons, teachers can instruct whole classes or allow students to move at their own pace, which is perfect for virtual learning. (Make sure you click the "present" button if you want to "take" the course."). One of the advantages is being able to embed video content either one you make as instructional or one you pull of you tube. As other students view or the project, they can be sent to a form to offer praise or constructive criticism, which the creator would then be able to view privately and use to improve the project. Here's another example, created by a student of Mandi Tolen's. Youve given me many ideas and inspired more to develop. Remember that classroom technology is an opportunity to teach differently, to improve what we do. Try it: Adobe Express for Google Classroom. Hi, Isaac! I got my feet wet last year and had my students create google slides presentations in groups. Google Classroom was created to help teachers teach and learners learn so that tech stays out of their way to do it. I am a teacher of the blind and visually impaired. Hi! Its free to assign articles for reading; paid plans provide discussion questions and quizzes too. QuizOne great way to learn material is to create a test or quiz over the content. I lke what I see so now i aam follwing you. The possibilities here are endless, useful for student clubs or sports teams, classroom or grade-level newsletters, or magazines put out by groups of students who share a common interest, like gaming systems, soccer, or books. Its an easy-to-use tool that allows students of all ages to create posters, infographics, slideshows, webpages, and videos. This is certainly not a new idea, but publishingthe work electronically allows students to enhance the final product with the books cover image, a link to the books page on Amazon, and even links to other titles the author has written or articles on related topics. classroom game | students activities in classroom | @STUDENTSGAMES Your queries :What is a fun game to play in class?What are some good cl. I also would like to suggest my own (free) templates site. In addition to all the learning, students get cool rewards that build their digital profile and world. When they did get logged in because we have iPads it wanted them to download the App. You can be detailed as well as concise. Create a slide presentation with sections of slides for each module in the course. These ideas are worth extra credit, and my focus this year is on what the students can teach me and the rest of their peers. Pear Deck uses proven formative assessment strategies to adapt instruction to meet student needs. To create an assignment, click the Create button, then select Assignment . https://t.co/ciSVksLGg7 via @jmattmiller #gamification #ditchbook #tlap pic.twitter.com/NmNRI7ut3T, If you're in love with sticky notes, you're going to love these #FileMakeACopy templates https://t.co/IsTLLzfbx1#DitchBook #googleedu #gsuiteedu #gttribe, Resource: Google Slides sticky note brainstorming: Powerful planning, A2: love using google slides for student lab reports! You can even create questions on the slides for self-assessment or a link to a Google Forms quiz for a more formal assessment. The Research Source. Please log in again. There are so many different kinds of films students could produce: illustrated stories or poems, final reflectionsfor a 20 Time or Genius Hour project, video textbooks on content-related topics, or news-like feature stories of school or community events. Being able to organize information visually is an important skill, and students who understand how to build a table in Google Docs will have a skill for presenting all kinds of information in the future. With Newsela, teachers can choose from hundreds of thousands of articles to accompany their lessons. They can either record their own voice as narration, add background music, or both. Keep asking yourself, How could the technology make the learning experience better?. Click here if you'd like to get it! Bang! Students can then share the game with their friend using Google Drive so that the two can play a round together. It can be used poorly, and it can be used to supercharge teaching and learning. Get the tools, the practical ideas, and the inspiration to transform the way you use technology in the classroom! Students can upload their own images and add text boxes to a slideshow to create an animated story, then record the slideshow with a Google extension called. This is also a terrific go-to during science fair season, with scientific method resources galore, science fair planning tools, and an enormous repository of project ideas. I coupled this with example images and of course the step by step instruction for the assignment. (Note: When a question is answered, it doesn't disappear from the board. Not sure if Vimeo has those options (Id be surprised if they dont), but that would definitely work! Usually an annotated bibliography is required as a part of a larger research paper, but it could stand alone as an assignment that tasks students with seeking out and evaluating sources just for the practice of doing so. It can mean a few different things depending on the contexteither typing on a keyboard or the kind of something (What type of ice cream do you like?). The excitement over virtual learning wore off a long time ago. Teachers can assign a single text or a text set to their students through Google Classroom. 29. This could work well as a series of math lessons. Desmos has free and completely customizable question sets that align with your standards and integrate seamlessly into your Google Classroom stream. Every feature (including an extensive image library) is already included. If your school uses Google Classroom or at least gives studentsaccess to Google Drive, your students are probably already using these tools to write papers or create slideshow presentations, but there are other projects they could be doing that you may not have thought of. Use an ungraded mark as done assignment as a check-in or reminder on a longer assignment. Also, cant go wrong with @PearDeck. Upgrades are available. I invite you to have a look. Here are 10 tips for creating even better assignments for your students. In fact, students can be encouraged to add questions their peers might come across with their own responses. 4. Turn your Google Classroom assignments into learning quests, and provide rewards for academic and behavioral achievements. Clicking the Assignment button to create an assignment isnt enough. by. Whenever peopleenter responses to a Form, Google allows the form creator to view responsesin charts and graphs. But we dont want it to become a dumping ground for lots of stuff your students realistically wont use. (144) $3.85. E-bookThese could take a variety of forms: mini-textbooks, childrens books, cookbooks or how-to manuals, personal art or writing portfolios, even yearbook-style memory books. thougt I might as well chheck thing ot. Get started. Hope this helps! Students who didnt pay great attention to my verbal directions or those who were unclear suffered. Friendship Activities and Lessons to Build Classroom Relationships. Feedback FormHave students provide feedback to each others presentations, speeches, even videos using Google Forms. However having them create their own is so much more rewarding! Links to the survey can be sent out via email, QR codes, or through a post in a learning management system like Edmodo or Google Classroom. All suggestions added to the original post are appreciated. Below I have listed 16 great ideas for projects using Google Docs, Slides, and Forms. Or imagine an art show, where a self-running informational slideshow could be placed beside an art display to share the story behind the piece and photos of the work in progress? I think using some of the ideas in the Slides section of the post could work really well, especially Student Made E-Books, or making a short film. It was a simple one that can be played just by clicking through the slides. 7. Turn review time into fun time with games. At the beginning of this year, I started with a google form I created where students answered review questions from 6th grade Math. game. you said that these are for kid presentations, all I see are essay templates and ideas for teachers to map out their classroom jobs(other then the coral). To spark creativity for the day, have students create a new drawing and add a few elements to it (some shapes, lines, etc.) During recess breaks, students click a board game shelved in a virtual recess room, which creates their own copy of the game. Our district is allowing extra credit this year and I have always been totally opposed to offering extra credit. Also take a look at Student-Made E-Books: A Beautiful Way to Demonstrate Learning. If you want to share video or audio, you can just put these files into a shared folder in Drive and give all students access to those files. Heres how Alice puts it: Consider when creating assignments to also specifically consider how parents will understand what their child is doing and how they can help support their child in learning. a survey-creation tool similar to Survey Monkey. ), Google Slides can be used to create lots of different games. And the research tools in Google Docs allow students to locate, read, and cite their sources all in one place. I would like one but with a lot more choices. They make the story options into small video clips and link them together with annotations in the video editor. WeVideo is currently available as a Google Classroom add-on, and students can record a video and submit it alongside any assignment. Wed love to give a specific answer, so please let us know which part of the post or which comment you saw that youd like more clarification on. You are so creative and now I have GREAT ideas for my SS project! Creating a Citation. To learn more, see this guide from Cornell University Library on, Instead of a book report, have students write a book review instead. The goal is to have many members (there isn't a specific age range yet - there's not a lot of people yet). They laugh. The site is https://slidesppt.com. Im thinking about Jennifers Slides suggestions and just tailoring it to your book report criteria/rubric. Click here to view! Lets go back to instructions. Many teachers are already familiar with Khan Academys incredibly wide range of free online learning resources. It helps educators save time marking and guides students to turn in their best work with originality reports all through the collaborative power of Google Workspace for Education. Or, take a look at the original Google Slides file where I created it. When any student asks a question, type your response (and the question) in the document. Think of Wakelet as a collaborative tool for organizing and sharing information. A couple of things that may be of help: Go to Tools in the menu bar and select Voice Typing (use Google Chrome). When a question is selected, draw an X through it with a dry erase marker. Easily distribute, analyse and mark student work with Assignments for your LMS. The digital activities on this page include a variety of skills and subjects areas, so you will be able to find lots of different resources that will save you time! Or imagine an art show, where a self-running informational slideshow could be placed beside an art display to share the story behind the piece and photos of the work in progress? Students dont need flowery prose in instructions, and many times, they dont need a lecture or a longwinded speech. I am a huge fan of Google resources, but you have showed me some new ways I can use these. And any tutorials students make could be stored for later, so other students can also benefit from them. I learned about this tip from the incomparable Alice Keeler, one of the worlds foremost experts in Google Classroom. I Am Done Buying My Students Pencils. Its packed with free videos, lesson plans, and experiments, all searchable by grade level and subject. This is my first year teaching in an alternative high school. I found google slides very helpful last semester. Have students use Google Forms to create their own multiple-choice, True/False, fill-in-the-blank, or open-ended quizzes on the content they are learning. Then make a duplicate of that slide. Heres how its workflow basically works: The magic is not in Google Classroom itself. And because students can work from any location with an Internet connection, collaboration isnt restricted to school hours; each group member can work on the project from any location whenever they have time. You can create self-paced assessments that provide answer feedback with Google Slides. Create a PDF ebook 2. For summer school I am going to have them build a Bucket List in Google slides. Yes, you could do these things yourself, print them, and have students fill them out, but why not have students practice creating the tables themselves? Do I start this in slides? The free basic program gives you lots of fun options; upgrade for even more features. Price: Free for the basic plan, with optional paid teacher or school plans starting at $10 USD per month. Thisshared Google Slides activityI posted about gives a great framework for establishing a space and how students can use it. In my experience using both during the remote learning period, the video quality is much higher on Loom, the user interface is easier, and you cant edit Screencastify videos in an external editor like iMovie.