Namely, my dads 919 Makarov. To be accurate, this firearm has only ONE safety requiring human intervention, that being the external thumb safety. All in all, this pistol is a winner! Get the 76th edition of the World's Greatest Gun Book. Or so I thought. Finally, reassemble the gun and apply a thin layer of oil to all the moving parts. If you would, please point these two difficult to manage safeties. The size of .380 pistols is a major advantage, but it isnt wholly a bed of roses. Semi-auto pistols prove prohibitive to some. holster if thats how you intend to carry, Best M1A Scope Mount For The Money in 2023, Taurus Judge .410 Revolver Review [Updated 2023], Maverick 88 Pump Action Shotgun Review [2023], Top 8 Best .45 Pistols in 2023 Reviews and Buyers Guide, Top 7 Best Ruger AR 556 Scopes For The Money in 2023, Top 6 Best AK-47On The Market 2023 Reviews, Top 10 Cheap Handguns for Sale in 2023 Right Now, Top 8 Best Thermal Scopes On The Market 2023 Reviews & Buying Guide. P238 handguns also have a trigger bar disconnect safety, an automatic firing pin block and a hammer safety intercept notch to enhance the pistol's overall safety. I have found the product link on Amazon and provided it below.So, I hope you like my gun maintenance for beginners video, let me know in the comments if you want more gun reviews or more maintenance and disassembly videos! But it still has a place in on-person defense. Screw the cap back on. Start with the barrel. This light recoil will help you stay on target shot after shot, which is an important factor to consider when shopping for any new firearm. Caliber .380 ACP (9mm short) Action Type SAO Trigger Pull DA N/A Trigger Pull SA 7.5-8.5 lbs Overall Length 5.5 in Overall Height 3.9 in Overall. Make sure the area you are working in is clean and organized. I'm a left handed but I am amdexterous. That was an important selling point for me. As my cc instructor said, "your brain is the safety". Taking a look at the Sig Sauer P238 subcompact pistol. 9mm short, 9mm Browning) 6 Rounds in the magazine with capability to be carried safely with. Yes, it is a bit expensive, and you are limited to .380 cartridges, which arent our favorite. Does this mean the .380 isnt legitimate for self-defense? Don't slow the hammer down, stop the hammer and then ride . I purchased a 7-round mag with extended floorplate, which gives my pinky finger a place to rest. Separate the upper and lower receiver. At least, until you need it. As far as concealability, few beat the P238. You can buy a holster with a trigger strap= 3 safeties. SIG SAUER P238 .380ACP MAGAZINE SPEED LOADER Design: The Sig Sauer P238 speed loader is specifically designed for .380ACP carry handgun magazine. I admit, my pistols must have striking looks and the 911 has it, with its natural stainless finish and the black and white G10 grips. The P238 from SIG Sauer is a fine little firearm. Sig Sauer P238 MagGuts-High Capacity Magazine Conversion Adds a round to your 7 round Sig Sauer P238 .380 caliber magazine without adding extension. Spring Rate and compressed 1 inch, its Load would be 10 lb. The pistols are single action guns that have a frame mounted safety. It's a small gun and the small motor movements involved in both taking off the safety and cocking the gun are going to be tough to pull off efficiently when adrenline dumps into your system under stress. Very little recoil. Then, field strip the gun according to the instructions in the owners manual. Now I just bought a ruger sc40c. Can You Shoot Buckshot Out Of A Rifled Barrel? The combination of which can lead to muzzle flip issues in some firearms. Once the slide and frame are clean, use the brush to apply some lubricant to the moving parts. Come join the discussion about optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! The grip feels wonderful in my smaller sized hands. It hasn't wiped out the idea of shopping in a inborn store, but it gave the consumers an alternative means to shop and a better spread around that offers how to load . The Quickie Loader features an ergonomic form factor and provides superior comfort, helping you to . Nice aesthetics. I shot out to 20 yards and was able to keep all the rounds on an 8-inch paper plate, but I had to take my time to do that. Unfortunately, spare magazines are more expensive than expected. My back up is a us bonds defender. They were used and had a very attractive price tag. Now we get that it can sound a bit intimidating to carry this tiny 1911 cocked and locked. Then, use the rags or paper towels to remove any residual solvent. Why RAE Ind. The Hornady American Gunner .380 ACP features the XTP projectile and penetrates very well. I am not suggesting the the advice offered by the many is inaccurate. Opting for an internal hammer instead of the dominate striker-fired design, the company was able to use lighter springs, thus reduce the force required to manipulate the slide. Pistols Duty Holster Draw in Vehicle Shoot the V Finding the Red Dot Plate Chaos Drill El Presidente Drill Zeroing your Pistol-Mounted Optic Subscribe to the SIG SAUER Academy YouTube Channel Rifles Reloads Rifle Shoulder Transition Prone Position 4-5-6 Drill Close Quarter Pinball Drill Never Ending Magazine Drill Its a little light for self-defense for my taste, but it is what it is. That got me to thinking that maybe the .380 caliber choice wasnt a terrible one because of how soft this pistol shoots. Both the Glock 42 and the M&P EZ are too large to belong in the deep concealment .380 category, imo, and the 42 still has low capacity. Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount. Youll need a cleaning rod, a cleaning brush, a can of compressed air, and some gun cleaning solvent. SIG ships the P238 with their glow in the dark night sights. A little over a hundred years ago, in 1911, to be exact, Colt released theM1911 pistol. Perusing the used guns section of many gun shops will yield a staggering array of superb opportunities to acquire excellent used guns at bargain prices. However, I agree with coyotetrapper that a grip safety would be an added safety feature. He spent a lot of time writing this article, too bad he did it based on unverified sources. The kit includes a bore brush, chamber brush, and trigger assembly brush to clean the inside of your gun. Considering all of this, we wouldnt expect this firearm to just pop off on its own. He lives in Kansas with his wife Shirley and the two German Shepherds, Troy and Reagan. Gun Reviews By Women - Sig Sauer P238 - Gina. My 911 is the first firearm I purchased and will be the last to go. Full credit goes to carolineblueeyes for creating the model and textures and and Hung Do for creating the bullet model. New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is . The Mustang is an even more compact and lightweight pistol than the .380 GM, and it made a splash. Looking for other superb Sig Sauer options? Expect 6-round magazine to be the norm. We also think this is one of the best pistols for women due to the limited recoil we mentioned above. I still cant believe how little recoil this pistol has, my Sig P232 has way more recoil and it is much heavier. Most shooters will likely carry cock and locked, which is better known as Condition 1. Next, take a look at the parts. So, lets get to it and find out if this is the right concealed carry firearm for you. For more information, check out our in-depthBest Tuckable IWB Holster reviews, ourBest OWB Holsters for Glock 19reviews, and ourBest Ankle Holster reviews. vintage clothing. Take solace, few ever feel the pistol is a waste of money. The ambidextrous safety pinched my trigger finger when I flicked it down with my thumb. Sort. I like it the way it is. But I digress. I like this piece so much that I use the P238 for my own concealed carry. Assuming you have all the necessary parts to your kit-. lap top. I personally like the ability to chamber a round with the safety on. Introduced in 2009, the P238 is not the latest, greatest wonderpistol. Thats a 90-year old design that is almost twice the weight and almost twice the thickness of the best current deep cover guns. And small! IMO, that makes it safer to unload. Add in the smaller grips, youve created a downright bucky handgun. Then the Slide should move back. Finally, my pistol will not fire if a magazine is not inserted. Conversely the 1911 safety could look and feel the much the same as it does now and not interact with the slide movement. Be sure to get all the nooks and crannies. A little more about the .380 ACP (Automatic Colt Pistol) round, which was invented in 1908. And if its not reliable, then its not worth carrying. However, this pistol is pretty solid. Chambered for 380 ACP (A.K.A. Apply a small amount of lubricant to the moving parts of your Sig Sauer P238 after cleaning. Sig Sauer P238 Review Right-handed . Handgun 101: How to Safely Load and Unload a Semi-Auto Pistol and Magazine Adiga Armory 649K views 2 years ago Gun cleaning Sig Sauer P238 James Palmer 3.5K views 3 years ago Good Holsters. Download the manual for your SIG SAUER product. I bought it for my wife for concealed carry because she couldnt handle the recoil on my Ruger LCR. You should also oil the gun regularly to keep it in good condition. The standard tritium night sights are probably the best and largest of any semi-automatic I own. The Sig P238 has been released in many different configurations, grips, and colors. Jim Davis served in the PA Dept. The author needs to expand his knowledge-base before writing a piece like this, otherwise it just looks like an attempt to sell Glocks and S&Ws. That I don't get. The stock sights are rather good right out of the box. If you reside in a shorts and T-shirt climate, a Government Model 1911 is awfully difficult to keep under wraps. Some states have legal restrictions for the purchase of items so we need to ask for your location. Deep carry means in a pocket, not riding in a belt holster under a shirt. Be sure to get the solvent into all of the nooks and crannies. However, this is a stupidly, delicate step. This isn't to say, the pull and the break aren't excellent. Its light, I barely know its there. The main reason most shooters will want one is how easily you can conceal this firearm. Use the cleaning rod and brush to clean the magazine. Usually once hammer is cocked there is a round in chamber and can be fired. Its well known that so-called pocket pistols are finicky at best. View or Download the PDF of our most recent product catalog on our Catalog page. I also carry a revolver, so no safety and cocking the hammer makes sense. Okay, guess I'm convinced to give it a try. The portion of your review where you compare the P238 to the 1911 where you again refer to finicky safeties might lead one to believe the P238 has a grip and a thumb safety. It easily fits in your pocket or in an IWB holster. In fact, they all have independently remarked how natural it is to aim the pistol and how well it seems to present itself to the target and how comfortable and easy it is to shoot. Great fun; excellent ergonomics for a pocket pistols and FUN. That said, full-sized 9mms with readily available extended-capacity magazines are looking pretty dang good right now. And I haven't got a holster for it yet. So I'm not sure if I will have the safety on or off. Walther once again is the exclusive manufacturer, which adds up to excellent fit, finish and quality control. The barrel, slide, and frame all need to be cleaned. While doing this, push the slide forward so you can remove the spring, and next the barrel.