Humming Bird Classical Golf Tournament (Utica), Humming Bird Classic Golf Tournament (Rome), Humming Bird Classical Golf Tournament (Rome). The seller was in the US, which lead me to believe they were genuine Shimano (I'm wary of anything . Shimano, Inc. is a Japanese company that makes bicycle parts and fishing equipment. Easy to spot the differences if you have an original on hand, otherwise they look rather close; one main clue is the big bolt which attach body pedal to spindle being totally black instead of silver. Bicycles Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for people who build and repair bicycles, people who train cycling, or commute on bicycles. Shimano 105 rear derailleur is very noisy on bigger cogs. @SEBASSZCHAN you could buy another chain and carry that as a spare. And the whole thing fell apart when I twisted it the wrong way while investigating. The smart conclusion is that if you bought something that seems off and you aren't certain about its provenance then it's probably fake. Has 90% of ice around Antarctica disappeared in less than a decade? However, remember that only few factories can make them, it is not something a dodgy maker can make in their garage and still make profit. Hindi peke -na katulad ng jowa-. It is difficult and there are small margins. Compare the shape of the clic in-plate. I know a few people who've bought Shimano hydraulic brakes from them and they appeared identical to retail versions. I rode maybe 200km before it snapped. By clicking Post Your Answer, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. As long as people buy fakes. A place where magic is studied and practiced? Firstly, let's understand what a counterfeit product actually is. Tel 01225 588855. The Chinese will provide. Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ger_victor/ I bought a pair of Shimano brifters from eBay, brand new. However, it was able to give journalists a tour of its plant in order to showcase its recent redesign of the XTR group and its other top-of-the-line components. This is what we call "human engineering." To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. Or is this just the market is cheaper? Thank you for responding btw :). Is Riding a Bike a Good Way to Lose Weight. The company has expanded their manufacturing capabilities to serve local bike manufacturers. This button displays the currently selected search type. Firstly, make sure you buy from a reputable distributor, such as the official distributor of Shimano in the UK. Rear cassette 'ticking' forward, making chain catch, what is the problem and how do I solve it? It is a sad world. I'm a bike shop and I was sold by another bike shop fake HG901s. How to match a specific column position till the end of line? In Japan, Shimano has a factory in Sakai City. Can anyone tell from these photos whether these are legit? The company also produces golf and snowboarding equipment. jzwinck Additional comment actions They already have started Chinese brands for these things, see Sensah, Zrace, etc. Also new fake and real don't have the same lenght at all when put side to side. The Glentress Masterplan sets out redevelopment proposals that includes new trails, improved facilities, and some new accommodation options in the area. The company also produces all the parts used in the 105 groupset. What actually gave the game away was the quick link. >Shimano steps up efforts to beat counterfeiters, >29 of the best cycling apps for iPhone and Android. The metal strip above the gear window does not meet the edge, like it should, and the barrel adjuster is obviously crude. These are an obvious fake. Use code HELLO54 when you join us as a print or digital member and your membership will be half price for the first year. I see this as an encouragement para sa mga sikilistang di nasasama sa mga showcase na bumili talaga ng mga legit na piyesa. Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search. Tech, reviews: tech [at] road.cc To see if they are truly stainless. We've added a "Necessary cookies only" option to the cookie consent popup. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top, Not the answer you're looking for? I bought 2 sets of 'genuine Shimano blue SH12 cleats from a private seller on ebay this week. hayyy bakit ngayon ko lang ito napanuod nabiktima ako neto ang term na ginagamit is " UPKIT" bought it sa marketplace sa halagang 1,900 pesos and hawak palang sa RD na Alivio pansin ko agad ang lambot ng spring,ang luluwag din ng mga tornilyo sa smal cogs nya,nakakadismaya nung kinabit ko na baliko sobrang lambot ng bakal kamay lang pwede na mabaluktot!! Original din kaya nabili ko shimano tourney tx RD sa online shop? Is there such a thing a knockoff Shimano parts? Can I use a 3x10 or 2x11 front derailleur on a 3x11 drivetrain? @DavidW there is a similar question here: How to identify counterfeit Shimano parts? Sir may nabili po yung asawa ko na shifter at RD na tig 1,080 peke po ba yun or orig? Out of curiosity, can you show a close up of your chain? Other than the obvious ethical issues,this raises some serious safety concerns. Reason why I want to sell is because I find that clip pedals are not suitable for me. Cycling Revolution is where hundredsof people a month come for accurate, straight-to-the-point answers to all their bike-related questions. How To Spot Fake Shimano Bike Parts? Wala yung blue na box. Did any DOS compatibility layers exist for any UNIX-like systems before DOS started to become outmoded? If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. You don't need us to tell you the dangers of a chain breaking during use, the results could be catastrophic as we all know. Can I use WD40 and generic bicycle oil to maintain my MTB drivetrain? If I were riding long distance (ie more than a 10 minute walk home) I'd make sure to pack the spare links, and some pins/quicklinks and a tool in my on-bike toolkit. Can Martian regolith be easily melted with microwaves? The company has 24 locations in 17 countries and a 70 percent market share. Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. Do roots of these polynomials approach the negative of the Euler-Mascheroni constant? at altus na kulay itim? If you dont want to subscribe, please turn your ad blocker off. Shimanos philosophy focuses on system integration. In this video i discuss the purchase of a fake shimano acera rear mech from a seller on ebay. even so, ano ba ang prices na dapat i-expect sa mga fakes? It would never have crossed my mind to worry about the manufacturer. Are the Shimano derailleurs sold on Ali Express genuine or fake? The company was founded in 1921 by Shozaburo Shimano. Di bale na tawagin kang elitista o kung ano man, basta may standards ka na talagang legit ang piyesa ng mga bikes. The writing 'speed' is laughably bad and could not possibly that bad on a genuine product. By clicking Post Your Answer, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. Help us to make it better. sir ger victo sana po masagot ito, yung po bang mga sram sx sa lazada at shopee mga legit po ba un? Thanks for contributing an answer to Bicycles Stack Exchange! Original sprocket original chain original hubs tas yung nabili kong rd hina nang spring umay, Basta tlga may kaalaman ka hindi ka malala mangan . Although the company still has factories in Japan and Malaysia, they have recently moved production to China. In some cases, QC failures are sold as "seconds" but, usually, a large company will want to protect its reputation by keeping QC failures off the market. The Shimano Corporation, headquartered in Japan, manufactures bicycle components. 20 mile house bernadette 0533 929 10 81; best time to visit kodiak island info@reklamcnr.com; grateful dead from the vault box set caner@reklamcnr.com; athens high school basketball roster reklamcnr20@gmail.com It could be the chain is made with inappropriate/cheap metal and manufacturing processes. Journalists were even allowed to watch components being made. The company has pledged to work with law enforcement agencies to take legal action against counterfeiters. What triggered us is that fact that a customer bought a chain, installed it, and came back after 100km of use and a wear of 0,75. Now you own this one, may as well get some use out of it. I actually used this guide to legit check the chain I got (besides the video ofc) bikingultimate.com/. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thebaldtrekker/. To answer this question, well take a look at the history of the company. How are you going to do that? Submit RFP. This can make it difficult for the parts to be made to the same quality standards that the company demands. @WeiwenNg I doubt it. Don't know if it's via taobao or elsewhere. My question is, since the option of getting a refund is already out, is it actually safe for me to use this chain on my bike or am I better off not using it at all? a Quadsimia website proudly made in Upstate NY. https://www.wikihow.com/Be-a-Better-Person. Why is There a Shortage of Shimano Bike Parts? st figured it was old stock. | Privacy Policy | Accessibility | Site Map I hate it. Shozaburo Shimano founded the company in 1921. We take a look at the risks and what you can do to avoid getting scammed, Best Cycling Website, BikeBiz Awards 2018. currently available in the US withother marketsbeing reviewed. The chain got into the rear wheel and damaged multiple spokes and rear derailleur. Stack Exchange network consists of 181 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. Like this site? Be also aware that even the real branded chains do not really see any thorough metallurgic analysis, they just follow the manufacturing process that they know it works. Things like microfractures are usually an issue in alu alloys, not steel. rev2023.3.3.43278. Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search. They have a few bumps and marks on the plastic and metal parts that look like poor quality manufacturing to me. It's a real piece of crap. Sir. If a deal is too good to be true, it probably is! I was thinking maybe a good test is to dip the cables in water for a few hours and see if they rust. The entire process is completed with the help of a proprietary bonding agent. The Shimano logos are missing. Its packaging will include QR codes that can be read by a smartphone app. I bough HG901 XTR/Dura Ace chain and came . Lesson for me is to be sure of genuine/quality parts before purchasing anything, or money just wasted. rev2023.3.3.43278. If the quality difference is really that significant, just use the old lockring, they're functionally identical. The shortage has also affected Shimanos production in Malaysia. This has raised concerns about the over-reliance on Shimano, a Japanese company with over 65 percent of the high-end bike component market. Beware fake ANYTHING branded on eBay if too cheap & not from a verifiable legit seller . The new line of hubs has a pretty easy way to tell what you're getting or how to choose the hub you want by looking at the "coding" of the product. Hes shifted hundreds of them so making a killing on selling fake shite. More about other bike parts and accessories soon. A low quality fake actually might. Shimanos production facility produces most of the parts used in its Dura Ace group, XT, and SLX groupsets. The seller gave me my money back and didn't ask for a return. The revenue from adverts helps to fund our site.