Find load data for IMR 3031 propellant by clicking the button "Loads for this Powder".More about this powder:A medium burn speed propellant with many uses, IMR 3031 has long been a favorite of 308 Match shooters using 168-grain match bullets. For example, IMR 4166 is a good replacement for Hodgdon Varget (commonly used in the .223 Rem, 6mmBR and .308 Win), while IMR 4955 is a fine substitute for H4831 (favored by F-Open shooters for the .284 Win and 7mm WSM cartridges). var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true; This demand lead to an incredible 2.5 billion pounds of smokeless propellants being manufactured by DuPont for Allied Forces in World War II. The Enduron Technology powders are available in one-pound (1 lb) and eight-pound (8-lb) containers from quality reloading retailers. Trail Boss is based on new technology that allows very-high loading density, good flow through powder measures, stability in severe temperature variation, and, most importantly, additional safety to the handloader. Well, Im done Adulting for Today and Tomorrow. At 600 yds, the POI with 4166 loads was about 1.2 MOA higher than when using 43.2 gr. The main features of the Enduron series are copper . IMRs press release states: IMR 4166 [has] a perfect burn speed for cartridges like the 308 Win/7.62mm NATO, 22-250 Remington and dozens more.. Share the post "Guide to IMRs Enduron Powders What You Need to Know", Powder Valley Inc. (PVI) now has the new IMR 4166 powder. To be able to use the full range of Shopware 6, we recommend activating Javascript in your browser. The same increase in temperature also causes the nitrocellulose-based powder inside the cartridge to burn at a higher rate, producing approximately four times the Point of Impact (POI) shift than just air temperature alone. IMR 4955 is a medium burn speed powder, falling in between IMR 4451 and IMR 7977 in burn speed. $182.75. These new powders should compete directly with the Hodgdon Extreme Series, which gives shooters more temp-stable powder options to consider. I hope to get some time on the new bull barrel AR. For those who ask.I am obviously loading for a 556 NOT a 223. otherwise why mention I would be using only cases marked as 556! Optimal load density - Enduron powders provide optimal load density, assisting in maintaining low standard deviations in velocity and pressure, a key feature for top accuracy. For more information and IMR 4166 LOAD DATA visit imrpowder.com or check the 2015 Hodgdon Annual Manual. No reviews found. This propellant is ideally suited for many mid-range burn speed cartridges. Hodgon VARGET, IMR 3031, IMR 4064, IMR 4166 Enduron, IMR 4831, IMR 4895, Lovex D073.6, Lovex S060, . I'm using this in my Tikka CTR 223 under 73 gr Berger BT target bullets. If you commonly use Varget, Alliant Reloder 15, Norma 203B, IMR 8208 XBR, or Vihtavuori N140, you might want to try IMR 4166. Then Try IMR 4166 Powder, Powder Temp Stability IMR Enduron vs. H4350 and Varget, http://precisionrifleblog.com/2016/06/19/powder-temp-stability-hodgdon-extreme-vs-imr-enduron/, Powder Temp Stability: IMR Enduron vs. Hodgdon Extreme, Guide to IMRs Enduron Powders What You Need to Know, Powder Valley has new IMR 4166 Powder in Stock, IMR Introduces New Enduron Powders: 4166, 4451, 7977. It is an extruded powder with a perfect burn speed for cartridges like 308 Winchester, 7.62mm NATO, 22-250 Remington or 257 Roberts, among other cartridges. This propellant performs comparably to Hodgdon Varget but charge weights are materially different. So if your goal is first-shot hits and you may shoot in a variety of conditions you should care about temperature stable powders. IMR claims that Enduron powders are not sensitive to temperature changes. Importantly, it seems to be a good substitute for unobtanium Varget powder. FPS low 2735 high 2789. Has anyone left switched from 4064 to 4166 without losing accuracy? both should give you specific info. Tried their 7977 in a magnum rifle and it had same accuracy as H1000. IMR 4166 in .223. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? for 223. View Product Warning DEALER LOCATOR (5.56 x 45 NATO) .223 WSSM .224 Valkyrie .224 Weath. Minuteman. Choosing 4166, I decided to use it in place of my usual choice of Varget in a known accurate cartridge and rifle combination. IMR 4166 was released a few years ago as a temperature insensitive powder that is expected to replace 4064. This is a true magnum propellant yielding outstanding performance in 6.5-300 Weatherby, 264 Win Mag, 28 Nosler and 300 Rem Ultra Mag, among other cartridges. They list loads for Sperry SP and Barnes TTSX in 55gr weights. Please help us to improve and report any suggestions via our contact form. Versatility with uniformity and accuracy. We need to get back to the good old days! This website uses cookies to ensure the best experience possible. . Other than that , great job, thanks. bolt reload data with 65 gr. Once they had a couple dozen rounds loaded with each powder, they went and shot them with each powder at 25 F, 65 F, and 140 F. The muzzle velocity of each shot was recorded using both a LabRadar Doppler Radar and a MagnetoSpeed Chronograph. Its a perfect burn speed for cartridges like the 308 Win/7.62mm NATO, 22-250 Remington, 257 Roberts and dozens more. IMR 4166 is one of IMRs Enduron family of propellants. Being one of the easiest people in the industry to talk to, a secret this guarded certainly sparked my curiosity, so I made sure to order a test sample. They are suitable for a wide variety of cartridges, from small varmint cartridges all the way up to the .338 Lapua Magnum. The Hodgdon powder company is world renowned for introducing revolutionary technology to the reloader. Be Alert: Publisher cannot be responsible for errors in published load data. msinc Find load data for IMR 4166 Enduron propellant by clicking the button "Loads for this Powder". Share your experiences with other customers. Trail Boss Reduced Rifle Load. . When we are sold out, we are sold out. The new line of IMR Enduron powders feature small kernels for easy metering, plus a built-in copper fouling eliminator. Love the copper fouling eliminator makes cleaning a breeze. You can see Hodgdon H4350 had the least variance in muzzle velocity, with just 25 fps over the 115 swing in temperature! IMR 7977 is the slowest burn rate Enduron Technology powder. If a pistol says Magnum, IMR 4227 is the choice for true magnum velocities and performance. Expensive compared to varget. Find load data for IMR 4227 propellant by clicking the button "Loads for this Powder".More about this powder:IMR 4227 is a medium burn speed, magnum pistol propellant. A versatile, match-grade propellant, IMR 4166 is comparable to Hodgdon Varget. $25.45 That is very, very low. I have enough on hand to last for a while, but when I found some IMR 4166 available, I decided to try it for my MPA .308. })(); To comment on a post, click Post Title or "Comment" Link. To me that says Gebby got it right long ago. Find load data for IMR 7977 Enduron propellant by clicking the button "Loads for this Powder".More about this powder:IMR Enduron 7977 is a slower burn rate in the Enduron family. With no pressure signs up to 45.8 grains of 4166 I decided to push further and see what I could get. Improved Military Rifle IMR 4166 Improved Military Rifle IMR 4320 Improved Military Rifle IMR 4350 Improved Military Rifle IMR 4451 Improved Military Rifle IMR 4831 Improved Military Rifle IMR 4895 Improved Military Rifle IMR 8208 XBR Improved Military Rifle SR 4759 Ramshot Big Game Ramshot TAC Ramshot X-Terminator Shooters World AR PLUS These new powders should compete directly with the Hodgdon Extreme Series, which gives shooters more temp-stable powder options to consider. I'm using this in my Tikka CTR 223 under 73 gr Berger BT target bullets. Across the board, the Enduron line is very insensitive to temperature changes, which is important for both match shooters and hunters. Environmentally friendly - Enduron technology is environmentally friendly, crafted using raw materials that are not harmful to the environment. Many F-Open competitors are now using Reloder 16 with considerable success. The accuracy results were almost identical to those of Varget, with my best group coming in at 1.05 MOA from a 24.6-grain charge of 4166not bad for an initial round of load development. IMR 7977 has the slowest burn rate among the Enduron Technology powders. Below you will see today's round robin from 45.0 to 46.4 grains of 4166. Working up a good hunting load with the 4166 Enduron and the Hornaday 150 gr GMX bullets for my 308. Or maybe have QuickLoad data? If this is true, these powders should prove popular, particularly IMR 4166 which seems to be in the Varget/Reloder 15 burn-rate range. Will purchase more. For this reason, the IMR brand powders truly are Legendary products. In 2015, IMR will introduce three (3) new Enduron powders: IMR 4166, IMR 4451, and IMR 7977. Precision shooters will find an Enduron option well-suited to most of the popular precision cartridge types. IMRs press release provides these descriptions of the new Enduron propellants: IMR 4166 is the first in the series of Enduron propellants. Hodgdon's excellent online reloading data show only IMR 4007SSC, IMR 4166, IMR 8208XBR, and Hodgdon CFE 223 breaking 3,750 fps with a 55-grain bullet in a 24-inch test barrel. 4451 is the medium burning powder, for medium cartridges like the .30-06 Springfield and the .270 Winchester. Hodgdon Powder Co., distributors of Hodgdon, IMR, and Winchester powders, says that: The new IMR Enduron Technology powders will be available at dealers in early 2015 in 1-pound and 8-pound containers. For more information and Enduron LOAD DATA visit imrpowder.com or check the 2015 Hodgdon Annual Manual. Thats because a change in temperature can affect the trajectory or flight path of the bullet in two well-known ways: 1. ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? Fired from My Rock River Arms National Match upper, these rounds consistently fetch accuracy in the .75 to 1.25 MOA area. The LabRadar is a new type of device that allows you to measure muzzle velocity within at least +/- 0.1% of the reading. (The only two .45-70's I own are trapdoor Springfields.) Comprehensive load data for IMR 4166 Enduron reloading powder und technical specifications for this propellant. This helps attain low ES/SD in velocity and pressure, which translates to improved long-range accuracy and tight verticals. - 24hourcampfire Previous Thread Next Thread Print Thread Hop To BP-B2 IC-A B3 IC-B B4 RR1-22 Who's Online Now 828 members ( 10Glocks, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1911a1, 1100mag, 95 invisible), 2,340 guests, and 1,313 robots. The initial heat condition of your powder will affect the burn rate, Bryan Litz explained at a recent Applied Ballistics Seminar. From the 17 Remington to the 243 Winchester to the 375 H&H Magnum, accuracy and performance are excellent. Share the post "IMR Introduces New Enduron Powders: 4166, 4451, 7977". The main features of the Enduron series are copper fouling eliminator, insensitivity to temperature changes, ideal loading density and being environmentally friendly. this stuff is not affected temp at all. Testing consisted of a single 5-shot group of each incrementmental charge weight just to get a rough feel for the potential of this powder. Precision shooters will find an Enduron option well-suited to most popular precision cartridge types. IMR 7977 is a slower burn rate in the Enduron family. Find load data for IMR 4955 Enduron propellant by clicking the button "Loads for this Powder".More about this powder:IMR Enduron 4955 is a versatile, match-grade propellant with a mid-range burn speed that is in between IMR4451 and IMR7977. Grab some at your nearest dealer, or for more information, contact IMR Powder Company; Tel. .308 Winchester (IMR-4166 Data) Warning! _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-6323545-2']); To be able to use the full range of Shopware 6, we recommend activating Javascript in your browser. Weve been quite pleased with IMR 8208 XBR as a Varget alternative. * All prices incl. Was able to find a node fairly quickly and with a little seating adjustment, it's shooting .3 moa or better. Find load data for IMR 7828 SSC propellant by clicking the button "Loads for this Powder".More about this powder:IMR 7828 SSC is a magnum rifle powder with exactly the same burn rate as standard IMR 7828 and uses the same data. Assuming all other environmental conditions remain the same, an increase in air temperature will cause a flatter trajectory due to a lower air density (easier for the bullet to cut through the air). UPS has officially stopped shipping guns? PRBs test team also noticed other interesting trends in the data. Find load data for IMR 4166 Enduron propellant by clicking the button "Loads for this Powder".More about this powder:IMR Enduron 4166 is a versatile, match-grade propellant, with the fastest burn rate in the Enduron line. By that, they mean the change per degree from 20 to 65 might be smaller or larger than the change per degree from 65 to 140. I tried 4166 and my groups opened up. I went online and found data published by the manufacturer, so I worked with that for my 30 06. Loading density is perfect for magnums, contributing to superb uniformity. Load . It is formulated to reduce fouling and to be stable across a wide temperature range. In today's shooting you can clearly see the scatter that centers at 45.5 and the obvious OCW at 46.2. so I am thinking till powder does come available, load one or 2 levels under Max for a 223 into the 556 cases. Thanks, T.B. We continue to prioritize our shipments to our traditional sales channels to maximize powder availability at retailers. A Meopta MeoStar 1.710x riflescope was mounted to ensure an optimum sight picture. Shop Now ! It is equally effective in small-capacity varmint cartridges from 223 Remington to 22-250 Remington, and it's a great 30-30 Winchester powder. Learn more about Enduron powders at www.enduronimr.com. IMR 4166 is part of their new Enduron line that launched just a few years back. Using bullets from Nosler BT LF, Barnes VG FB, Nosler BT, SinterFire, Sierra SP, Speer SP, Sierra HP, Barnes TSX FB, Hornady FMJ, Hornady V-Max, Swift Scirocco, Sierra HPBT, JLK VLD, Sierra MK, Berger BT Targ. Will purchase more. It is an extruded powder and is perfect for cartridges like 270 Winchester, 30-06 or 300 Winchester Short Magnum, among others. Thread starter cornhusker; Start date Sep 18, 2017; Forums. IMR 7977 is comparable to Hodgdon H1000. IMR Enduron 4166 is a versatile, match-grade propellant, with the fastest burn rate in the Enduron line. Loading density is perfect for the very large magnums, including the 6.5mm and 7mm magnums. 44gr 4166 Clearly, the competitor's 'choice' and the Varmint Hunter's 'dream powder.'. ALL Bulletin content is copyrighted, 2023 AccurateShooter.com. The main features of the Enduron series are copper fouling eliminator, insensitivity to temperature changes, ideal loading density and being environmentally friendly. Find load data for IMR 4895 propellant by clicking the button "Loads for this Powder".More about this powder:Originally a military powder featured in the 30-06, IMR 4895 is extremely versatile as a medium burn speed propellant. })(); To comment on a post, click Post Title or "Comment" Link. I much prefer IMR 8208 XBR for the 223. flyfisher117 Professional Milk Jug Hunter. The Rifle: Savage 10fcp, 24" 5r, accustock .308 Win, Vortex Viper PST 4-16 Target distance: 100 yards Shot off front and rear sand bags from a bench IMR 4166 Enduron Find load data for IMR 4166 Enduron propellant by clicking the button "Loads for this Powder".More about this powder:IMR Enduron 4166 is a versatile, match-grade propellant, with the fastest burn rate in the Enduron line. Where to Find IMR 4166 Powder Sign up to get updates and access to exclusive promotions. Past breakthroughs have brought us the extreme extruded line that gives consistent performance regardless of ambient temperature, and more recently they have brought us CFE technology that deters and reduces copper fouling. It may not display this or other websites correctly. 4166 is the fastest burning powder, for cartridges like .223 Remington and .308 Winchester. For more information, go towww.P65Warnings.ca.gov. Generally no two rifles will like the same exact load. Tag: IMR 4166 Loading for the AR-15 with the LEE Auto-Drum Powder Measure. I've had good luck with 8208 with 77gr SMK's and 69gr Nosler Competition Customs Hoon Rating - 100% 1 0 0 Joined Mar 2, 2013 Messages I have heard the same criticism from other forum members. Youll also find official load data in the Hodgdon 2020 Annual Manual. When I approached Chris Hodgdon with the question Does it stop copper from fouling or remove it with each shot? with a smirk he responded Its a proprietary formula. It may be that if I did more load development I could close the gap. Load data for the new IMR 4166 was taken from Hodgdon's 2015 Annual reloading manual, and in increments of .3 grains or less, loads were worked up from 24.0 through 25.1 grains of IMR 4166. You are using an out of date browser. Find load data for IMR 4451 Enduron propellant by clicking the button "Loads for this Powder".More about this powder:IMR Enduron 4451 is a versatile, match-grade propellant with a mid-range burn speed in the Enduron line. When I hit that node It's going to be great. Re: IMR 4166 in .223. Are your groups that good ? One member wrote: in my 6.547 IMR 4166 gives speeds and accuracy pretty much exactly the same as Varget. And other shooters have observed reduced copper fouling with Enduron series powders, so IMRs Enduron anti-fouling chemistry does seem to work. 5 rounds shot of 4166 in Peterson SRP brass topped with 168 gr SMK's seated 0.010" off gave me great performance. Subscribe to the free newsletter and do not miss any news or promotions. If you are the site owner (or you manage this site), please whitelist your IP or if you think this block is an error please open a support ticket and make sure to include the block details (displayed in the box below), so we can assist you in troubleshooting the issue. The first IMR reloading powders included ever popular favorites IMR3031 (1934), IMR4064 (1935) and IMR4350 (1940). The main features of the Enduron series are copper fouling eliminator, insensitivity to temperature changes, ideal loading density and being environmentally friendly. Picked up a lb of this stuff to do a little testing with, see if it compares to Varget for accuracy in .223. Case: Winchester; Twist: 1:12 inches; Primer: Federal 210M, Large Rifle Match; Barrel Length: 24 inches; Trim Length: 2.005 inches. I live in florida and shoot the same load all year. For info on other IMR powders, visit www.imrpowder.com. var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); This is an all-new extruded powder with a burn rate similar to Hodgdon Varget. temperature stable too. Was looking for an equivalent powder from H4895 when I ran into the 4166. If you commonly use Varget, Alliant Reloder 15, Norma 203B, IMR 8208 XBR, or Vihtavuori N140, you might want to try IMR 4166. IMR 4166: This newer propellant produced by General Dynamics in Canada had the best temperature insensitivity and may be the best substitute for Varget across a wide temperature range with 77 to 80 grain bullets. . The IMR series of handloading powders were the only choice to wring full performance out of rifle calibers. So far IMR4166 has worked great for me in the .243 Winchester with light bullets, the .257 Roberts with 75-100 grains bullets, .308 Winchester with 150's and 168's, the .303 British, 8x57 and .45-70 with "low pressure" loads. It is also outstanding in cartridges like the 444 Marlin and 7.62 X 39. In addition, it is a longtime favorite of Match shooters. Select 223 Remington, check off your weights, select IMR, then 4166 I was able ti find a load for two different 55s, a 69, and a 75. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. For more information and IMR 4166 LOAD DATA visit imrpowder.com or check the 2015 Hodgdon Annual Manual. The illuminated reticle made it very easy to see on the black target, and honestly was the first time I have ever had used the feature (now it may be hard to go back). : (913) 362-9455; E-mail: [emailprotected]; Web: www.imrpowder.com, (Disclaimer: The loads described above were safe for this rifle, on this particular day. So, I'd use it for loads listed by Hodgdon. As with all load development, reference a credible reloading manual, then start at the minimum and work up in small increments.