And aside from the good looks, he exudes vitality and life). West Silver Spring, MD JOHN TRAINA OBITUARY John H. Traina (Age 73) Passed away peacefully at home on Saturday, July 14, 2018. It was the kindest offer, and I've regretted my immaturity in declining the offer ever since. A funeral service is pending. The photo was left with the maid. I am sorry for Danielle and her children. May I express my deepest condolences to John's large and wonderful family. I am so sorry for your loss as well as the pain and sorrow the kids must feel. My heart goes out to you for the endless effort you put forth on his behalf. And I tend to be a more serious person, and was happy at home with the kids, or working. So sorry to hear about your father's death. She had met Danny Zugelder while interviewing a prisoner, whom she married in the prison canteen in 1975. He made everyone feel special, and I felt like a fairy princess, Cinderella, when I was with him. You certainly have a way with words and you described him with such detail. He assured us he would be!! And our Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays were legendary among people who knew us, because in an effort not to pull the kids in different directions, not only did John spend the holidays with us, but so did his first wife, her new husband before he died, and her mother, who is like a grandmother to my children, and a cherished member of our family, she is 93 now and going strong. he will live forever in my fond memories of him. Thoughts and prayers as you mourn the passing of a good man, and then celebrate a life Our deepest condolences to the family. I was looking for a list of your books so that I can purchase to read. 8:01 pm, Adrian joFebruary 26, 2011 With regard to John Traina they simply don't come any better. Another shows John, then Jackie on the porch in 1938. Dearest Danielle , Wow sounded We lost the head of our family last year. Average Age & Life Expectancy Janet. Thanks for all your help prophet mica, you really gave me my life back with my wife.. prophets website; livingspirits.webs.com. article in the In Memory Column of the S.F. I will miss him. We were married for 17 years, and have been separated and divorced for 16 years. Time gives us strength , courage, and the spirit/ soul a chance to accept and deal with the loss . (Juan 5:28,29) The death of my son Nicky was their first big loss. As happens sometimes in life, dreams fade, reality gets the best of us, things happen, people disappoint each other, or tragedies occur. I knew John Traina since age 2, Grant Grammar School, Lowell High School and thereafter through the years. I have been reading them since I was a teenager and I am now 52. I find Anyway, I was in San Francisco in Oct. 2013 on business and decided to look him up . JOSEPH TRAINA OBITUARY. He was a really nice guy, who will be missed by so many. 4:34 pm, Judith A. SeifriedMarch 30, 2011 The family requests that memorials be contributions to the California Historical Society, 678 Mission Street, San Francisco, 94105, or The Nick Traina Foundation, P.O. Be well. Mary & Family:). Thank you for sharing your life with him to your readers. Wishing Peace for You and Your Family. P.S. I met John at a Gone with the Wind costume party given by friends at their country home. ", Sophia Loren (longtime friend): "I have many wonderful memories of times spent with John, especially in Napa Valley, where he was a warm, gracious host. 8:18 am, jose roperoMarch 4, 2011 He is also survived by two. But to me it was like losing a parent because we lived with her. I recently read your book and today I was looking for a way to comment on it. He is survived by three sons, Trevor, Todd and Maxx, and four daughters, Samantha, Victoria, Vanessa, and Zara, and was the father of the late Nick Traina. Home. John Angelo Traina, 1932 - 2011 John Angelo Traina 1932 2011 California California John Angelo Traina was born in 1932, at birth place , California, to Giuseppe Angelo Traina . Danielle, I love you and all your books. Maritime Museun, Friday February 11. John was most gracious and showed her around the property before sitting on his porch looking down the valley through his vineyards, sipping a glass of his Traina Cabernet. Still to this day something will happen that I want to share and I will think Ill call Mom. To plant trees in memory, please visit the, In loving memory of our cousin from the La Volpe family, I was Mr. John Traina's fitness trainer in 93/ 94. Mr. Traina then wed best-selling author Danielle Steel. Remaining friends after so many years. John was so kind to share his wisdom & guidance with me. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); I am so sorry for the loss of yet another person that you loved Danielle. The death of Nicholas Traina, who until recently sang with a Berkeley punk-rock group called Link 80, was reported by Howard Rubenstein, the novelist's New York publicist. John sounded like a wonderful person. And he was the grandfather of Johnny and Delphina Traina, Daisy Traina, and Sebastian and Isabel Seidenberg. 21 books written by her have also provided inspiration for television adaptations. Leave a sympathy message to the family in the guestbook on this memorial page of Joseph John Traina Sr. to show support. Chre Danielle,je me sens si proche de vous et je partage votre peine davoir perdu John que vous aimez tant,ayant moi aussi perdu mes deux poux,le premier,bi-polaire,sest suicid.Mais je voudrais vous parler de NickSa photo sur le livre ma caus un grand choc,il en manait douceur ,force et fragilit,jai tout lu en une nuit,il ma fait rire,trembler,pleurer et depuis Nicky est dans mon coeur pour toujours.jai prs de soixante-dix et je mne moi aussi un terrible combat contre cette implacable maladie qui a saccag ma vie,ma propre bi-polarit,je le mne seule,hlas!Je vous admire pour cet immense amour que vous lui avez donn,et lamour est plus fort que la mort,un jour nous les retrouverons et nous serons tous ensemble dans la paix.Je prie pour lui et pour vous.Affectueusement,Michle. Kind, elegant, unforgettable, Our sincerest condolences to the entire Traina family. 8:14 am, jose roperoMarch 4, 2011 My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. When John moved to the 3022 Washington St. Firehouse, I visited him again with photos. He was a longtime shipping line executive, first running the passenger division of American President Lines, then working for Prudential Cruises and Grace Cruises. We had drinks together a time or twobut always just as good friends. He died on November 19, 2010 at 75 years old. I was looking for when Danielles next book would be available (I have them all except for the poem one) and I ran across this article. Wonderful. He loved classic cars, beautiful antiques, had an incredible wardrobe and was the best dressed man I know. Debbie Banahan Steele publishes several books every year, and works on at least 5 writing projects at a time. This is a carousel. The party, which drew celebrites and fashionistas near and far, was co-hosted by Vanessa Getty and Samantha Traina, and it flowed out the store and into a tent on Maiden Lane. the inside shots are from elsewhere. 6:07 pm, Elena CaputoOctober 23, 2021 The children numbered nine, but the reason Steel is now agreeing to an interview is that her son Nicholas Traina died a suicide in 1997 at age 19. 1:00 am, Samantha ClarkeApril 28, 2015 He sounded good. He reassured me that he loved you and was happy in your home. zara alexandra traina. Dede Wilsey, born Diane Dow Buchanan, was the great-granddaughter of the founder of Dow Chemical Co. I have always enjoyed Danielle Steel books ,but after reading this article.I respect and admire her! He joined Link 80 at age 16 and played with them for three years, touring extensively. As we left, John placed a hotel sticker on the compact, 'Now you'll always remember our lunch.' I was born in San Francisco and now live in Florida. One of the things I loved about him was that he wanted more children, and so did I. John Traina is a well known Spouse. John Pell Coster Train (May 25, 1928 - August 13, 2022) was an American investment advisor and writer. Her first husband was steamship executive John Traina, whom she met in her hometown of. I just read about this. One or more of her novels appear on the New York Times Bestseller list consecutively since 1981, which is a Guinness world record in itself. A few years later, as I mushed along in my own life, he and his wife separated and divorced. She is counted among the best selling authors alive on this earth, and among the top 5 best selling authors of all time. Thinking he was alright, and he certainly looked it, and was very positive, I left on a trip, and we chatted twice on Skype, several times on the phone, and often on email. He was impeccable, perfect, beautiful, and he had a knack for spreading beauty around him. For those who knew Mr. Traina, his death came as a blow. Box 470427, San Francisco, 94147. They are like family. John A. Traina, Jr. (26 September 1931 - 1 February 2011) passed away last Tuesday in San Francisco. ", Matthew Kelly (longtime friend, business partner): "John and I had dinner most Mondays up in the country. I am so very sorry to hear the death of John I know it will be a loss fir u and your. Beloved father and grandfather, notable society figure, entrepreneur, civic leader and San Francisco. His exit was as elegant as he was..he danced on, leaving us with all the happy memories of the wonderful times we shared. Un abrazo afectuoso con toda castidad. Catherine left The Chronicle in 2007 but continues to write features for the paper and a twice-weekly society column. John was born on September 26, 1931 in United States.. John is one of the famous and trending celeb who is popular for being a Spouse. November 19, 2010 . I really felt his spirit through the book you wrote about your son, and you looked so wonderful together in photos. In 1981 he married Steel, becoming father to her children, Beatrix Seidenberg and the late Nick Traina. I am a very very big fan of yours and have been reading and collecting each book when it comes out. I had the pleasure of working with John when I lived in Vancouver as his agent for both the Delta Steamship and Pearl Cruises lines. My friend Connie Herbert is also a great fan of yours and when we were talking the other day about one of your books we realised that we didnt know very much about you even though Connie especially has read so many of your books so I thought that I would Google you . Its amazing how often I think of him. And we were married in June. He is also survived by two ex-wives Diane Dede Buchanan Wilsey, and Danielle Steel. I read it through and found this to be truly a love story. Thank you for sharing both your sadness and joy. My condolences to his entire family. David Kessler's top 4 tips for dealing with holiday grief. He was a great friend - a calm and elegant person. I am so sorry to hear about your husbands passing away, who was such a wonderful and delightful human being to you and your children. John Robert & Elizabeth Lauricella. Love, Lorraine. Much of who I am revolves around his views of life and obligation to community. [4] A year after parting from Traina in 1980, she married the dairy product mogul [7] and real estate developer [8] Al Wilsey, [9] [10] who had recently divorced his third wife, a friend of . His Bright Light is a tragic love story whose principals are a mother and her son. The memories will forever live in my heart. He installed a TV in our van to watch video tapes, so the kids could watch a movie on the way to our house in Napa, which avoided the refrain of Are we there yet?. We rode the bus together every day for a year. Unfortunately, they both could not spend a lifetime together, and both got divorced in 2002. 1 of 6 John Traina at Lake Tahoe in 2010. PS I just read The Award and cried my eyes out! John Traina - S.F. And in his final month, he was surrounded by that love as his children accompanied him to every cancer treatment. Jack was born on January 2, 1935 in the Coney Island section of Brooklyn NY, and remained proud of his Brooklyn heritage. John Traina leaves a huge void in all your lives. 5:35 pm, Michelle M.February 25, 2011 Thank you for sharing all that. He died peacefully at UCSF Medical Center, said a son, Trevor Traina. 6:26 am, Rosa RodriguezFebruary 25, 2011 What 78 year old man do you know who looks like that? Mr. Traina is survived by three sons, Trevor Traina, Todd Traina and Maxx Traina of San Francisco; four daughters, Samantha Traina of Los Angeles, Victoria Traina and Vanessa Traina of New York, and Zara Traina of San Francisco; a stepdaughter, Beatrix Seidenberg of San Francisco; a sister, Marisa Hahn of Wolfsberg, Germany; and two former wives, Diane "Dede" Wilsey and Danielle Steel of San Francisco. Grief researchers say holding that missing funeral service, even a year or more later, can still help us heal. Thank you for writing such a wonderful story. Much love, life and it is a testimony to you to have held him in such esteem after all these years. Passed away in San Francisco. He began the Pearl Cruises, the first Western cruise line to sail to China. Entradas. He sounds so exciting, every day was a new adventure to him. Later I visited his beautiful vineyard/ranch home in the Napa Valley at Oakville with more photos and was fortunate enough to be there at the same time as his two sons from the marriage to Dede Wilsey, Trevor and Todd Traina. makes me feel that I know him too. Danielle Steel: In spite of their almost 20-year age difference, Steel was dazzled by Traina. The thing I loved best about John is he was a straight shooter and good-natured - you have to be, with that many children. Thank you for sharing so intimately with us. John was all about celebrating life. 11:51 am, Kathy GordonNovember 19, 2018 We both think that your professional life is astounding and your private life is to be admired. His passing is the end of a life but not a relationship. Much love to you and your family. What an extraordinary man he was, and how lucky we were to know and love him. May he rest in peace John was truly a one of a kind man and will be sorely missed. To offer your sympathy during this difficult time, you can now have memorial trees planted in a National Forest in memory of your loved one.